Not enough home grown players?

I'm finding this increasingly hard to do. I manage in Spain and the fact of the matter is that there are no good decently priced home grown players so i'm forced to buy foreign.

I even resorted to checking on Genie Scout and the cheapest Spanish defender with a PA over 170 was £38m, there wasn't a single one under the age of 28.

Originally posted by Mojby:

or you can think ahead and make sure you have some home grown players in your reserve squad or under 18's.

Better to have someone than no one at all.

Well, players who are under 22 years of age can play in European competitions without being registered (in the game, it works slightly different IRL).

be happy you can still play on, once when i was managing my first ever game in the a-league back on FM07, i wasn't too sure on the Asian Champions Leagues rules (i should've looked into it) and since the a-league back then had no foreigner limits i stocked my side with mostly non-aussies/kiwis, come registration for the ACL and i didn't have the minimum number of home nationality players so wasn't allowed to continue!!

i actually had to reload the game, release a player and sign some s**t player on a 12 month contract to play on.

learnt my lesson well though!

After ba11sing up the first time you qualify, you're careful in your transfer dealings to make sure you have enough [yellow and orange] HG players to select for next year, only to find the goalposts are moved and the number has INCREASED! icon_mad.gif

There needs to be a better and more obvious explanation of the rules, perhaps given as a news item at the end of the season that you qualify for a competition.

If you're cheating by utilising miniscout (or whatever) to view PA, you should be able to sign all the best regens early on. If you do a search for players <16 each July and sign as many as you can, they'll show up as HG and Club Trained when it comes to Champions League selection (in a couple of seasons).

Originally posted by cice2:

I seems to be able to play some reserve players without even registering them, a bug maybe?

A legal loophole, providing those reserves are under 21. I wasted a valuable space for two years by registering Micah Richards when I could have played him as a 20/21 year-old anyway.

Archived