4141 Plug and Play***BETA***

Hey guys,

I have studied the match engine for hours. After using Mr Houghs classic 4222 and winning promotion to League 1 with Crewe, my first season in League One was apawling. I was 21st after 30 games. I decided to then make my own tactic based on what I studied in the ME

I figured that (at least for 11.1 patch) that a defensive midfielder is crucial. I will continue to work with this shape even with the 11.2 and perhaps with the 11.3 as I believe that SI doesnt need to change too much, apart from a few bugs :p

I was always leaking goals despite having some good wins in League Two. I am the type of manager who would prefer to grind out 1-0 and 2-1 wins instead of winning 4-3 5-3 etc

I am sure this tactic can deliver nice 'grinded' out wins

After 30 games I was 21st ofcourse. I ended up finishing 10th, and have currently played 24 matches in my second season in League One and I am currently 1st, only conceding 14.

I havent tested with a large team, however: In games where Im clearly favorite to win, I switch mentality to attacking, and set my RCM to support instead of defend.

I am not going to release until Im satisified with this tactic, but I can send some to people who are willing to test

I cant make any promises, but I can assure you that the defence will not leak as much, and you will see your team play smart, sensible football without risking too much

Whoever is interested in testing, I can inbox the tactic. Its a work in progress, and want to make it a plug and play which will give everyone success

DR/DL: They are set to support, as I like to create extra width. They dont venture to much forward, but provide the 'support' up the ground

DC: Both are encouraged to sit back and stay behind the fullbacks and dont press too much.

DMC: Sits in the hole and cuts out stray passes. Doesnt have much closing down.

MCL: Attacking centre mid who will score plenty as he arrives late in the box (Cahill type of player)

MCR: Defensive centre mid. Supports midfield. Set to defend, however can move up to support if you are behind, or need a goal

Wingers: Set to attack, and stay on the byline and they do well at moving the fullbacks out of position while the MCL does his work

ST: Poacher, scores plenty and does a lot of work setting up goals also

Result against Liverpool. Im in League One remember. FA Cup 4th Round. They simply had shots from long range.

This tactic is a rigid tactic, and your team will play rigid football. It can be improved via testing.

57212256.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

EDIT: ***BETA Tactic***

Please post feedback. It can become more attacking for the better teams

http://www.filefront.com/17578741/Anth4141 Beta (Crewe, May 2012).tac

I think ive sent it to over 10 people.

Will wait for responses in detail

Latest result

Doncaster 0-1 Crewe (With 6 key players injured, and 3 under 18's in the squad)

I wanted to make a tactic that conceded very little, and score 'smart' goals, and Ive think Ive finally achieved this

Still more work to be done

What exactly is the point of asking people to PM you? Get it hosted and label it as experimental...not too hard is it. Do you enjoy the attention from people or something?

OP updated mate. Simply wanted to do some tests before I released it. It is still a BETA and needs some work

Tested with Liverpool. VERY solid at the back. 10 games W:6 D:3 L:1. Playing with the original Liverpool squad with the addition of Ivica Olic. I really like this tactic.

My results after 10 games (Liverpool mentioned first):

D 0-0 (0-0) Newcastle (H)

Control. 75min Attacking. OI: Carroll, Ben-Arfa, Jenas.

TT: You can win. HT: Disappointed. FT: Not good enough.

Poss: 61-39 Shots: 13(5)-2(0) CCC: 2-0

D 0-0 (0-0) Inter Baku (A)

Control. 65min: Play wider. OI: as suggested by ass man.

TT: You can win. HT: Disappointed. FT: Sympathise

Poss: 69-31 Shots: 16(4)-3(0) CCC: 2-0

L 0-2 (0-2) Birmingham (A)

Control. 30min: counter. 74min: attacking. OI: Bowyer, Zigic, Hleb.

TT: Wish luck. HT: Letting the team down. FT: Not good enough.

Poss: 50-50 Shots: 9(4)-8(3) CCC: 1-2

W 3-0 (3-0) Inter Baku (H)

Goals: Babel (ST), Kuyt 2 (MR)

Attacking. OI: none.

TT: Expect a win. HT: Pleased. FT: Well done.

Poss: 64-36 Shots: 27(14)-1(1) CCC: 8-0

W 1-0 (0-0) Stoke (A)

Goal: Meireles (MCR)

Control. 20min: counter. 80min: Attacking. 85min: Standard. OI: none

TT: You can win. HT: You can win. FT: Well done.

Poss: 42-58 Shots: 11(5)-6(3) CCC: 2-0

W 2-0 (2-0) Blackpool (H)

Goals: Kuyt (MR), Babel (ST)

Attacking. OI: none.

TT: Expect a win. HT: Pleased. FT: Well done.

Poss: 46-54 Shots: 13(7)-7(3) CCC: 3-0

W 1-0 (1-0) Partizan (H)

Goal: Torres (ST)

Attacking. OI: None

TT: Expect a win. HT: Don't get careless. FT: Well done.

Poss: 47-53 Shots: 13(4)-5(0) CCC: 4-0

W 2-1 (0-0) Fulham (A)

Goals: Torres (ST), Olic (ST)

Control. 45min: Counter. OI: None.

TT: You can win. HT: You can win. FT: Well done.

Poss: 53-47 Shots 14(9)-19(3) CCC: 4-2

W 4-0 (2-0) Hull (H)

Goals: Skrtel (DCR), Babel (ST), Jovanovic 2 (ML)

Control. OI: None

TT: Expect a win. HT: Encouragement. FT: Well done.

Poss: 60-40 Shots: 17(6)-9(2) CCC: 3-0

D 1-1 (1-0) Man Utd (H)

Goal: Torres (ST)

Control. 80min: Counter. OI: None.

TT: For the fans. HT: Don't let your performance drop. FT: Pleased.

Poss: 53-47 Shots: 13(3)-11(4) CCC: 2-3

What this tactic does well is to establish a solid defensive base. This means that it is very hard for the opposition to get behind the defense and also reduces the space between defense and midfield. It does require some pace up front, since the team defends reasonably deep and hence often regains possession deep in the own half and will then try a quick counter. Torres is of course perfect for this, as is my only transfer Olic.

Of the 4 goals scored against me, 1 came from an indirect free kick the other 3 from open play (2 of those from outside the box). Most chances to the opposition are long shots, as mentioned in the OP.

I am currently trying to get more out of Steven Gerrard (who hasn't scored yet) by altering his role and settings. You might say this is only too realistic, since I play him as MC which - as in real life - does not seem to fit him that well.

My standard lineup is: Reina - Konchesky, Agger, Carragher, Johnson - Lucas - Cole/Jovanovic, Gerrard, Meireles, Kuyt - Torres. When I bring Babel, it is usually as ST though since buying Olic, more often as ML. In league cup and Europa league games, I try to rest playes and mostly use a lineup on the lines of: Reina - Aurelio, Kyrgiakos, Skrtel, Johnson - Poulsen - Jovanovic, Maxi, Meireles, Kuyt - Babel.

Will keep testing and post some results.

What this tactic does well is to establish a solid defensive base. This means that it is very hard for the opposition to get behind the defense and also reduces the space between defense and midfield. It does require some pace up front, since the team defends reasonably deep and hence often regains possession deep in the own half and will then try a quick counter. Torres is of course perfect for this, as is my only transfer Olic.

Of the 4 goals scored against me, 1 came from an indirect free kick the other 3 from open play (2 of those from outside the box). Most chances to the opposition are long shots, as mentioned in the OP.

I am currently trying to get more out of Steven Gerrard (who hasn't scored yet) by altering his role and settings. You might say this is only too realistic, since I play him as MC which - as in real life - does not seem to fit him that well.

My standard lineup is: Reina - Konchesky, Agger, Carragher, Johnson - Lucas - Cole/Jovanovic, Gerrard, Meireles, Kuyt - Torres. When I bring Babel, it is usually as ST though since buying Olic, more often as ML. In league cup and Europa league games, I try to rest playes and mostly use a lineup on the lines of: Reina - Aurelio, Kyrgiakos, Skrtel, Johnson - Poulsen - Jovanovic, Maxi, Meireles, Kuyt - Babel.

Will keep testing and post some results.

Hey. Thanks for the testing. Post after season mate, along with any tweaks made. Im trying to make it more attacking, but not to lose any defensive shape etc.

Archived