Very annoyed (Steam)

right for 2 weeks now i have not been able to play the game. my steam normally logs in as soon as my comp is up n running, but for the last 2 weeks it wont log in, my user name n password r correct n i have remember my password ticked. it keeps forgetting my password, so i enter it n click login in. it tries logging in for bout 5 mins the comes up with the following message:

Steam - Error

Could not connect to steam network.

This could be due to problems with your internet connection, or with the Steam network. Please visit www.steampowered.com for more info.

theres nowt wrong with my connection as this the only thing that dont work. when i go to steam page theres nowt there to help me.

before this the game ran fine n steam work as it should

If you don't know then you haven't got it, try this.................................

Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it). Delete all of the files in this folder except: The \Steamapps\ folder and Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo) Restart your computer. Then, launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut. With Steam running, re-test the original issue. Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games. If the issue persists, make sure your network is optimized for Steam:

Had this issue myself.

1 - Make a copy of your steamapps folder (copy it anywhere on your HDD)

2- Uninstall Steam completely

3 - Reboot PC

4 - Reinstall Steam (fresh download)

5 - update client (should do it automatically)

6 - Shutdown Steam

7 - Copy old Steamapps folder over the new one (on windows 7 select ok when it asks you to merge)

8 - Restart Steam

9 - Play FM

10 - Party like its on sale for £19.99 :D

Archived