+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Very annoyed (Steam)

Amateur

Default Very annoyed (Steam)

right for 2 weeks now i have not been able to play the game. my steam normally logs in as soon as my comp is up n running, but for the last 2 weeks it wont log in, my user name n password r correct n i have remember my password ticked. it keeps forgetting my password, so i enter it n click login in. it tries logging in for bout 5 mins the comes up with the following message:

Steam - Error

Could not connect to steam network.
    This could be due to problems with your internet connection, or with the Steam network. Please visit www.steampowered.com for more info.

theres nowt wrong with my connection as this the only thing that dont work. when i go to steam page theres nowt there to help me.

before this the game ran fine n steam work as it should

Amateur

can any1 help with this

Semi Pro

check your firewall and anti virus settings

Reserves

resinstall steam, if u still cant connect go to steam support

Amateur

it might sound thick but what am i looking for in anti- virus n firewall settings

Amateur

You can start the game directly from the install folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2011 ) until you sort out your steam issues. For those, you are probably better of in the steam support forums.

Amateur

Have you got IOBIT Advanced System Care? That does not work well with Steam delete Advanced system care. That's how I solved the same problem.
    Last edited by tdcs; 24-11-2010 at 21:13.

Amateur

whats IOBIT advanced system care ?

Amateur

If you don't know then you haven't got it, try this.................................

Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it). Delete all of the files in this folder except: The \Steamapps\ folder and Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo) Restart your computer. Then, launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut. With Steam running, re-test the original issue. Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games. If the issue persists, make sure your network is optimized for Steam:

Amateur

Had this issue myself.

1 - Make a copy of your steamapps folder (copy it anywhere on your HDD)
    2- Uninstall Steam completely
    3 - Reboot PC
    4 - Reinstall Steam (fresh download)
    5 - update client (should do it automatically)
    6 - Shutdown Steam
    7 - Copy old Steamapps folder over the new one (on windows 7 select ok when it asks you to merge)
    8 - Restart Steam
    9 - Play FM
    10 - Party like its on sale for £19.99

Banned

Hey, can I play FM11 without connecting to the internet? I just tried loading a game up and it won't let me as my internet is down.

Surely we can play offline?

+ Reply to Thread