My Managerial Profile

Not sure why its listed as defending but the reason you have knowledge is probably because you have a good relationship with a Spanish player in your squad. Like on my Inter game I have knowledge of Sweden because Ibrahimovic loves me.

I would imagine you have coaches with good defensive attributes, this is the only reason I can think your coaching style would be defensive.

As for the Spanish thing, I've heard of this before, I want to say its random, but maybe not.

Have you been sending scouts to Spain perhaps? have a Spanish coach/scout or have you played friendlies against Spanish sides?

• 1 month later...
Guest mamxus_cs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">fatboyjohnmulhern </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fatboyjohnmulhern can i see your tactics or can you upload it? I've always wanted my coaching style to be defending

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As for the Spanish thing, I've heard of this before, I want to say its random, but maybe not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's definitely random.

Because there's no reason why - in all my games as an unknown unemployed manager - I should have knowledge in about 7 different countries immediately upon starting... but I do. It's very annoying, and does quite a job killing the fun and realism of career games.

I can't explain the defensive thing...5-3-2 is pretty defensive even though you may have the players running up the wings, so it could be related to that? I tend to shift through formations so mine is down as Mixed, which is right.

My hands on approach is just ONE though!! O have 13, 18, 16, 1, 20, 16...did you get a higher number by customising your tactics and things? I'd really like to get that one up to a blue number too haha...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

My coaching style is defending...why?

I have knowledge in spain...why?(i havent got it as second nationality, havent loaded up spain players) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The coaching style description is purely cosmetic and somewhat random; a wasted opportunity IMO - I'd like the descriptions in the manager's profile to mean something and be affected by our managerial styles.

You can get 'knowledge' due to staff or players, perhaps one previously played a while in Spain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The coaching style description is purely cosmetic and somewhat random; a wasted opportunity IMO - I'd like the descriptions in the manager's profile to mean something and be affected by our managerial styles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't actually know for sure, but I don't believe they're purely cosmetic. I think they do change depending on how you typically play.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deltoro:

How can we upload our pictures to manager profile? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you get the option at the start when you create your manager profile.

A focus on tactics in your training schedules will give you your defensive coaching preference.

As for your Spanish knowledge, it probably comes from a good relationship with another manager. Unless you have a spanish coach/scout with more knowledge (and being in the Championship it's likely that you do), you can go to your club's Scouting Knowledge screen and tell you "John Mulhern (name of manager who gives you this knowledge)"

I may be wrong on this one but...

I read in these forums somewhere that becoming friendly with another manager gave you some scouting knowledge of their home country.

In my game i suddenly gained half knowledge of france. Couldn't think why but remembered being nice to wenger a couple of times so put 2 and 2 together

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

i dont, and never had had a spanish player! so weird tho </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chatting up managers with Spanish knowledge can result in you getting the knowledge:

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4814/profilecr8.jpg

Denmark: Laudrup

Holland: Koeman

Mexico: dos Santos?

Spain: I manage there

Archived