Idea: Next Manager Odds

Just saw manager Carlo Ancellotti sacked as Chelsea manager and I was wondering what would be the chances of me getting the job if I applied for it.

Maybe in FM12 or future editions of the game, when a manager is sacked, a list of odds for the next potential manager be displayed as part of that news item. This would expand on the four managers that are already mentioned to have a chance of getting the job and gives a list of 10 or 12 managers in the game that are arranged in order of what odds they are to get the job.

For example;

CHELSEA SACK ANCELOTTI

The rumour from the Chelsea camp is that Abramovic had grown tired of the teams poor performance on the pitch of late.

There are a number of managers linked with the vacant position at Stamford Bridge and the latest odds from BoyleSports are as follows;

Jose Mourinho 1/2

Alex Ferguson 3/2

Gordan Strachan 3/1

[Your Manager's Name] 4/1

John Terry 5/1

Tony Pulis 5/1

Harry Redknapp 6/1

Rafa Benitez 7/1

Gianluca Vialli 8/1

Roy Keane 10/1

With Jose Mourinho the early favourite to be the next manager of Chelsea, there is still a good chance that some of the others on the list could soon find themselve occupying the vacancy at Stamford Bridge very soon.

Not only does this add more realism to the game but it gives the gamer a better idea of knowing whether he is in with a shout or not.

I know this is something simple, but I think it would be a nice addition and surely not that hard to implement.

What do you guys think?

well you get a favourite and 3 other runners.

the problem is different bookies rate chances very differently.

when Martin O'Neil left Villa, a couple of bookmakers had Bob Bradley at the odds on fave, one even stopped taking bets on him - no odds. Houllier was way down the list and he ended up with the job.

I actually thought this would be a slightly different suggestion, which I also like, which could be a news item about bookies taking odds on next manager to go, e.g.:

"A bookmakers suspended betting on the next manager to leave his club after rumours surfaced that <MANAGER NAME> had tendered his resignation last night. <MANAGER NAME> has been under pressure for a few weeks with <CLUB> struggling in mid table despite being expected to win the division."

I actually thought this would be a slightly different suggestion, which I also like, which could be a news item about bookies taking odds on next manager to go, e.g.:

"A bookmakers suspended betting on the next manager to leave his club after rumours surfaced that <MANAGER NAME> had tendered his resignation last night. <MANAGER NAME> has been under pressure for a few weeks with <CLUB> struggling in mid table despite being expected to win the division."

This sounds good.

Another idea - We all see plenty of news items about managers who are about to be sacked, and then the usual one where they are sacked, but why don't we get news when a manager leaves a club of his own accord? In my game Guardiola left Barcelona to take the Spain job and Arsene Wenger left Arsenal for Barcelona, but I only found this out after Michael Laudrup was appointed Arsenal manager. I don't have the Spanish league loaded which could explain why I didn't hear about the first bit, but surely some news to say Wenger has quit Arsenal would be useful?

That's a good idea too.

Both are small idea's but would certainly add to the game.

• 4 months later...
Just saw manager Carlo Ancellotti sacked as Chelsea manager and I was wondering what would be the chances of me getting the job if I applied for it.

Maybe in FM12 or future editions of the game, when a manager is sacked, a list of odds for the next potential manager be displayed as part of that news item. This would expand on the four managers that are already mentioned to have a chance of getting the job and gives a list of 10 or 12 managers in the game that are arranged in order of what odds they are to get the job.

For example;

Not only does this add more realism to the game but it gives the gamer a better idea of knowing whether he is in with a shout or not.

I know this is something simple, but I think it would be a nice addition and surely not that hard to implement.

What do you guys think?

Brilliant idea

Not sure about the odds.

Job interviews would be very cool!

This is what I've just been thinking about. A job interview which will work like a 'private chat' and a 'press conference'. Also, when a manager is to be sacked an interview then to persuade the board about keeping him.

Archived