How do SI explain this?

Ronaldinho cocked up the free kick IMO. Simple as that. It happens. All of a sudden IRL a free kick will be tapped to some clogger center half who then welts the ball well wide. I'd always just assumed they'd tried something in training and it didn't quite come off in the match.

I can live with a silly free kick. What I don't get is the 80 % of the time players use their weaker foot to shoot. I swear to god I'm gonna smash my laptop against the wall the next time Robben dribbles in from the right and then blows an excellent chance to score by hitting it with his right foot...

I can live with a silly free kick. What I don't get is the 80 % of the time players use their weaker foot to shoot. I swear to god I'm gonna smash my laptop against the wall the next time Robben dribbles in from the right and then blows an excellent chance to score by hitting it with his right foot...

ask him to avoid using his weaker foot. you cant blame the game for his decison making.

He didn't **** it up.

It was pre-planned. IN real life it would never happen. And I have never specified that sort of nonsense.

It was very far out. No one else around. He just layed it off and Flamini immeadiatly hit it. With his left foot. I too have also noticed people hitting it with their weaker foot for no reason. I.E. They could easily use their stronger foot.

It still shouldn't pick poor set piece takers to be involved in set piece taking, even if it's an indirect fk. The weak foot shot issue is something I specifically asked PaulC about in a thread about the demo and his answer was that it wasn't brought up in testing much and as such wouldn't be a priority issue or something along those lines. It is quite idiotic though. Robben's decision making is good enough in reality to generally not take shots with his right so it should be good enough in the game. Players who are clearly uncomfortable with their weaker foot should almost never use it to take a shot from distance and they should be much more likely to try and switch it on their stronger side when shooting from closer range as well.

It still shouldn't pick poor set piece takers to be involved in set piece taking' date=' even if it's an indirect fk. The weak foot shot issue is something I specifically asked PaulC about in a thread about the demo and his answer was that it wasn't brought up in testing much and as such wouldn't be a priority issue or something along those lines. It is quite idiotic though. Robben's decision making is good enough in reality to generally not take shots with his right so it should be good enough in the game. Players who are clearly uncomfortable with their weaker foot should almost never use it to take a shot from distance and they should be much more likely to try and switch it on their stronger side when shooting from closer range as well.[/quote']

Yep fair enough, just asked just in case.

I actually expect to miss with every free kick I get so I don't pay much attention. Not because of a bug or anything, just because I've scored a grand total of five direct free kicks, not deflected, since FM09 ^^

Yep fair enough, just asked just in case.

I actually expect to miss with every free kick I get so I don't pay much attention. Not because of a bug or anything, just because I've scored a grand total of five direct free kicks, not deflected, since FM09 ^^

There was one time I saw my skilled FK taker tap it off to one of my defenders who had -NO- business being anywhere near a set piece and watches him blast a terrible shot.

There are some oddities with the IFK player selection I think as it always someone different on my team and not good choices.

Archived