+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do SI explain this?

Amateur

Default How do SI explain this?

Free Kick 30 yards out.

Ronaldinho lays it off to Flamini! who then hits it left footed very wide.

Why is Flamini anywhere near it? Why does he then hit it with his left?

Ronaldinho cocked up the free kick IMO. Simple as that. It happens. All of a sudden IRL a free kick will be tapped to some clogger center half who then welts the ball well wide. I'd always just assumed they'd tried something in training and it didn't quite come off in the match.

Amateur

I can live with a silly free kick. What I don't get is the 80 % of the time players use their weaker foot to shoot. I swear to god I'm gonna smash my laptop against the wall the next time Robben dribbles in from the right and then blows an excellent chance to score by hitting it with his right foot...

Quote Originally Posted by bieritarier View Post
    I can live with a silly free kick. What I don't get is the 80 % of the time players use their weaker foot to shoot. I swear to god I'm gonna smash my laptop against the wall the next time Robben dribbles in from the right and then blows an excellent chance to score by hitting it with his right foot...
    ask him to avoid using his weaker foot. you cant blame the game for his decison making.

Reserves

si won't waste their time explaining something as pointless as this, im kind enough however to inform you of it tho x)

Amateur

He didn't **** it up.

It was pre-planned. IN real life it would never happen. And I have never specified that sort of nonsense.

It was very far out. No one else around. He just layed it off and Flamini immeadiatly hit it. With his left foot. I too have also noticed people hitting it with their weaker foot for no reason. I.E. They could easily use their stronger foot.

Amateur

It is AI my friend...artificial intelligence.

Do you have a pkm or video which shows this? If so upload it to our FTP, post the issue in our bugs forum and we'll dig around and find out why this happened. Cheers.

Hahaha! Priceless! Poor Flamini - just because he hits a free-kick it must be a bug xD

Ah well - seriously though, couldn't it be the case that it was an indirect free-kick? Just wondering.

Semi Pro

It still shouldn't pick poor set piece takers to be involved in set piece taking, even if it's an indirect fk. The weak foot shot issue is something I specifically asked PaulC about in a thread about the demo and his answer was that it wasn't brought up in testing much and as such wouldn't be a priority issue or something along those lines. It is quite idiotic though. Robben's decision making is good enough in reality to generally not take shots with his right so it should be good enough in the game. Players who are clearly uncomfortable with their weaker foot should almost never use it to take a shot from distance and they should be much more likely to try and switch it on their stronger side when shooting from closer range as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Äktsjon Männ View Post
    It still shouldn't pick poor set piece takers to be involved in set piece taking, even if it's an indirect fk. The weak foot shot issue is something I specifically asked PaulC about in a thread about the demo and his answer was that it wasn't brought up in testing much and as such wouldn't be a priority issue or something along those lines. It is quite idiotic though. Robben's decision making is good enough in reality to generally not take shots with his right so it should be good enough in the game. Players who are clearly uncomfortable with their weaker foot should almost never use it to take a shot from distance and they should be much more likely to try and switch it on their stronger side when shooting from closer range as well.
    Yep fair enough, just asked just in case.

I actually expect to miss with every free kick I get so I don't pay much attention. Not because of a bug or anything, just because I've scored a grand total of five direct free kicks, not deflected, since FM09 ^^

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Tubey84 View Post
    Yep fair enough, just asked just in case.

I actually expect to miss with every free kick I get so I don't pay much attention. Not because of a bug or anything, just because I've scored a grand total of five direct free kicks, not deflected, since FM09 ^^
    There was one time I saw my skilled FK taker tap it off to one of my defenders who had -NO- business being anywhere near a set piece and watches him blast a terrible shot.

There are some oddities with the IFK player selection I think as it always someone different on my team and not good choices.

Third Team

What are your set piece instructions? Have you set Flamini to 'stand with taker' by any chance?

+ Reply to Thread