+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 101 to 146 of 146

Thread: I want to return this broken product.

  1. #101
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    25th February 2003
    Location
    Buckfast Abbey
    Posts
    20,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garyfm View Post
    I got offended by the other guy telling me to come back when I know what I'm talking about......
    He had a point though.

  2. #102
    First Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    22,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkev View Post
    do the beta testers get paid for the work they do? if so then they deserve some of the blame - if not, then the blame has to be laid at si's door. they can't expect to get paid and make a profit off a game while getting free labour to do all the hard work for them.

    if si were producing fm for the love of the game, then it would be fair enough that we are expected to pay £30 + for the privilige of being their testers, but they get well paid and as such are meant to be professionals, so there is no excuse for the number of bugs that games are released with.
    Beta testers are not paid, at least not the ones plucked from the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indran1412 View Post
    The thing is I personally don't know why there is a new bug(s) in each new FM release. My question is why does the "Spanish YC bug is in FM 11 while in the first place its not in FM 10.3 . Did SI rewrite the whole code for FM 11 and got it wrong resulted in bad company management or it is a single SI employers mistake ? or its is beta testers mistake to miss out on massive game breaking bug? I'm aware that sometimes beta testers are not fully committed on testing and reporting bugs in gaming world but it is the companies issue. As a player who pays money to buy the game, I don't want to wait until SI releases the next patch to fully enjoy the game.

    As an consumer we want some answers for the question
    - Why there is new bug(s) in each new FM releases while in previous FM the game seems fine on that particular bug issue(feature)?
    - Each time SI produces new FM, didn't they take examples from previous version of FM which worked fine?
    - Why do SI keep tinkering features that worked well in previous game and make it worse? If transfers works well in FM10 why SI still wants to change it?
    SI did not rewrite the whole code for FM11, that would be highly inefficient.

    They also do not like to blame an individual or group, though I believe the Spanish yellow card issue was a technical glitch that showed up late in the production of the patch, so it wasn't picked up by testers.

    Bugs mostly come up because SI are working to improve an area. Take the transfer system, for example- that was not fine in FM2010, there were issues with the transfers of young players, AI squad building, players not moving even when it was obvious they should do, and so forth. However, my understanding from reading on this forum about the transfer issues (I'm playing as England, so I'm sort of isolated) is that they are caused by the increased tendency of unsettled players to demand a move being amplified by players getting upset easily with the new interaction system. The new interaction system, by the way, is something that a lot of users have been crying out for. There are a lot of issues with it, but it's a complicated module, there were always going to be a lot of issues with it unless it was overly simplified. It was a risk by SI, one that might not seem to have paid off right now, but long term, it will massively enhance the game IMO.

  3. #103
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd September 2009
    Posts
    65

    Default

    I'm not buyign an SI product again until they sort their lives out. Fm11 is terrible.

    Back to fm07 or fm08 (patch 3) for me.

  4. #104
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    17th November 2008
    Posts
    3,916

    Default

    I'm not going to say the game is this or that etc or slag anyone off. But for me FM11 is certainly not up to standard - by standard I am going on the standards that SI and FM set - which are very high. I have never not played FM and waited for the patches. But I am afraid I am waiting for the next patch and see what that is like. I think the first few weeks are the most important when playing a new game. With FM10 I loved it and the rest is history, but with FM11 I have felt no attachment for one reason or another.

  5. #105
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th July 2009
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyLaisne View Post
    I'm not buyign an SI product again until they sort their lives out. Fm11 is terrible.

    Back to fm07 or fm08 (patch 3) for me.
    Sort their lives out? Really? You mean sort the game out, surely.

    The game is only terrible in your opinion. i think its pretty damn good. The transfer system in FM10 was far, far from perfect. Having to pay 20mil plus for a teenage superstar playing in Belguim is ridiculous. Having to bid 10 or 20 times the 'value' for a good player was a joke. Player preferences/happiness play a huge part in transfers in the modern day game, yet until this year they played no part in FM. I for one am delighted to see the current transfer system include another element of realism, even if the current system needs tweaked.

  6. #106
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th July 2009
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    Beta testers are not paid, at least not the ones plucked from the public.

    SI did not rewrite the whole code for FM11, that would be highly inefficient.

    They also do not like to blame an individual or group, though I believe the Spanish yellow card issue was a technical glitch that showed up late in the production of the patch, so it wasn't picked up by testers.

    Bugs mostly come up because SI are working to improve an area. Take the transfer system, for example- that was not fine in FM2010, there were issues with the transfers of young players, AI squad building, players not moving even when it was obvious they should do, and so forth. However, my understanding from reading on this forum about the transfer issues (I'm playing as England, so I'm sort of isolated) is that they are caused by the increased tendency of unsettled players to demand a move being amplified by players getting upset easily with the new interaction system. The new interaction system, by the way, is something that a lot of users have been crying out for. There are a lot of issues with it, but it's a complicated module, there were always going to be a lot of issues with it unless it was overly simplified. It was a risk by SI, one that might not seem to have paid off right now, but long term, it will massively enhance the game IMO.
    Quite agree with everything said here. The issue with the transfer system is largely due to the player interaction module. Everyone craving for the transfer system in FM10 obviously either cannot remember how poor that was, or was wearing rose tinted glasses like they do with cm0304 or just wasnt capable of recognising the problems with it.

  7. #107
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th December 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bearsy2 View Post
    Quite agree with everything said here. The issue with the transfer system is largely due to the player interaction module. Everyone craving for the transfer system in FM10 obviously either cannot remember how poor that was, or was wearing rose tinted glasses like they do with cm0304 or just wasnt capable of recognising the problems with it.
    Or have we we just moved from a bowl of crap to a barrel of crap. and at this point, the bowl is looking good!

    Understandable that the transfer crash has come from a new feature. But I just think is disgraceful that the majority of games nowdays are released with so many errors. When will people learn not to rush game companies to release their games, and let them actually get everything done on time... cause this is pathetic. No specifically in terms of FM, but in terms of gaming communities in general.

  8. #108
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th June 2010
    Posts
    157

    Default

    The teething issues in player interaction are more of a nuisance and a contributory factor to the transfer market system's issues as time goes on, but definitely aren't the cause. Case in point, various high profiles players generate no interest what-so-ever when offered out for £0 at the start of the game. This is long before player interaction comes into the equation, so surely this draws attention instead to whatever coding is responsible for the AI's transfer activity. As has been expressed by some in the bug threads, it's not the fact that players are becoming unhappy and throwing transfer requests around like paper planes, but rather the fact that there is a lack of interest.

    Good-very good players are often available for peanuts for a long time, sometimes up until their contract runs out and there is no interest even when that happens. In many cases, AI teams seem reluctant to spend on players that improve their first team. Instead, many prospects and average players for their level are brought in, yet typically only play for the reserves anyway. Meanwhile, a lot of good-very good players are left on the scrap heap. If they're not picked up by the human player, there's a chance of them not being signed for a long time, if ever again. That is the scope of the problem. Players becoming unhappy and subsequently being transfer listed seems to be a separate issue. An issue which has in turn exposed problems in the system as a whole, but is not the cause of them.
    Last edited by Validicus; 23-11-2010 at 22:11.

  9. #109
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th November 2010
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Just scrap the whole Player Interaction feature and all problems will be solved with one swift hit.

  10. #110
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    19th January 2009
    Location
    Limerick Leader Sports section
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    And tomorrow we'll have hundreds of threads complaining that SI scrapped the player interaction feature. As has been said it's probably been the second most requested feature in the last few years (after DLR) so there is a big demand for it.
    And no all problems will not be solved by scrapping it, getting rid of interactions will only hinder your appreciation of player issues and problems and make the game more opaque. By all means improve it but don't scrap it.

  11. #111
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th June 2010
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FudgePacker View Post
    Just scrap the whole Player Interaction feature and all problems will be solved with one swift hit.
    That's obviously not a viable option, but even if it were, it surely wouldn't achieve much. It would merely make the transfer market issues less noticeable. Hardly worth the removal of a popular feature that has been requested by many for quite some time.
    Last edited by Validicus; 23-11-2010 at 23:49.

  12. #112
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    3rd September 2008
    Location
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..
    Posts
    2,383

    Default

    this genre of game is going to be impossible to get spot on and SI are not obliged to provide updates/patches/fixes etc but they do


    my gripe is do they have to release it when they do ...november??? it doesnt come out at the start of the season so why rush it I would prefer the game takes longer to be checked fully even if it is delayed to the new year (perhaps aim for the transfer window)

    The game is a fantastic achievment but there are CLEAR issues that need addressing and perhaps could/should have been spotted given more time


    I know we all look forward to the next version of the franchise........but do we need a new release each year???

    I would preferto have a fully working version I am happy with and be given the option to purchase further enhancements/patches and keep playing that one

  13. #113
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd November 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    like i have said people need to stop moaning each year and just buy the game in feb after the transfer window when it has had its final patch/update and is actually workable but then again people do the same mistake each year then moan about it and expect sympathy well NO NO NO SYMPATHY LEARN GODDAMIT!

  14. #114
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Hello,

    I am playing FM since 2008, have really enjoyed it so far, though i want to give my opinion about FM11 and hope we can discuss about certain things.
    Sorry for my English, i hope you will understand everything.
    So here is my opinion:

    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

    We just finished our second season with Rayo & Rayo "B".

    Rayo:

    First Season (42 games):

    Own Goals: 3 (All 3 from opponents)
    Red Cards: 2 (Both from Rayo)

    Second Season (42 Games):

    Own Goals: 2 (Both from opponents)
    Red Cards: 2 (Both from Rayo)

    Rayo B:

    First Season (38 games):

    Own Goals: 0
    Red Cards: 4

    Second Season (38 Games):

    Own Goals: 3
    Red Cards: 3

    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

    So i can't say something about an own goal / red card bug or something.

    About the transfer system:
    I have seen Ronaldo being unhappy, he's still at Real Madrid though.

    If i look at the transfer history of the Serie A, Premier Division or the LIGA BBVA, i haven't seen anything special, no weird moves/buys whatever.

    The media is something i don't like either, but isn't the media asking the managers IRL all ways the same questions?
    Though, i only use the media to respond to managers, or if i want to buy a player and look if he's interested etc. the press conference is been handled by my assistant manager.
    The news/media items that a manager gets sacked the next match they lose SEEMS TO BE MANY, this is happening IRL to, the problem is you run one season in 1 month (for example) and IRL a season is 12 months.
    So you get the point right? it seems a lot, but IRL its the same, only the speed is much faster of course.

    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

    The Moral thing, this is indeed true. One day its Superb and the next day its Very Poor.
    This also happens with Value of players, one day its 100k the next day its 500k...

    The interaction system is Ok, i think.
    You can indeed make someone mad, but you can also improve someones moral, you can ask for advice, learn him something (pref. moves or training) and say he needs to play better or he will be listed.

    About contracts/Signings:
    I totally agree with you on the point that you cannot sell players, even let players go for FREE, i mean.... if you offer a player with, for example, a value of 1M there must be a club being interested.
    Maybe we should be able to talk with Agents from our players, so the agents can go to clubs try to offer the player.
    Or we should be able to talk to the media about a player we don't want anymore, so other clubs get some interests in the player.

    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

    BETA TESTING

    Yes, to be honest, this is ridiculous.
    On day one me and my friend said to each other, do the 'game makers/developers' play there own game?
    IF they do, how come there are still MAJOR bugs? And i am not talking about MINOR bugs.
    I know, every game has bugs, the thing is, developers have to get rid of every MAJOR bug if its going FINAL.
    OR
    this should be fixed at least in the first patch of the game.

    About MINOR bugs, this is something (also) for the BETA Testers.
    Minor bugs are pretty easy to spot, play a season in a week and you catch already 50% of all minor bugs.
    Don't let all Beta testers play what they want, for example, let tester 1 play a national team (e.g. Spain), tester 2 just a main team (e.g. Real Madrid), tester 3 a "b" team (e.g. Barcelona Atletic), tester 4 U21 (e.g. The Netherlands U21) for example.

    imo, MINOR bugs are indeed easy to fix but it is really time consuming. Thats why the priority should be the MAJOR bugs.
    MAJOR bugs are for example: game hangs in a network game if your friend is watching your match and a player of your team gets injured, game crashes, gfx error's and such...

    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

    Although i give this FM a 7, i am enjoying the game, and indeed it could be much better.

  15. #115
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    26th December 2008
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Hi there,

    I used to be a tester a fairly long while ago (maybe 5-6 years ago) and I noticed a lot of bugs DO get spotted but a lot of the time we are "pushed" to send a bundle of information along with our findings like a save game, a save before the event - almost as if we were expecting something random to happen (I know this sounds absurd, but its probably one of the most asked questions by SI).

    SI do look at bugs, but sometimes certain errors are extreemly difficult to replicate, even though they may seem to occur often or on a lot of systems.

  16. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezequiel_Lavezzi View Post
    Hi there,

    I used to be a tester a fairly long while ago (maybe 5-6 years ago) and I noticed a lot of bugs DO get spotted but a lot of the time we are "pushed" to send a bundle of information along with our findings like a save game, a save before the event - almost as if we were expecting something random to happen (I know this sounds absurd, but its probably one of the most asked questions by SI).

    SI do look at bugs, but sometimes certain errors are extreemly difficult to replicate, even though they may seem to occur often or on a lot of systems.
    To this day that is the procedure. Indeed, ideally every bug reported on this site should be backed up with an FTP upload to the SI server. That makes complete sense to me as it allows the developers to pinpoint the error in the code causing the issue.

    If people agree to Beta test, then they should take this on board and report the things properly.

    Still writing your stories by the way? ^^

  17. #117
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th September 2005
    Posts
    15,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubey84 View Post
    ;)

    Also, I've said repeatedly in this thread that games are notoriously difficult to sort out bugs.

    I assume you're a Beta tester so I'm guessing that's why you're taking offence to what I said. I stick by what I say though - Beta testers are either not doing their role properly or the Beta system isn't working as intended. I don't think it's a huge leap of faith to consider Beta testers signing up for a sneak peak at the next FM.
    I'm a professional software test manager for a global IT company so I pretty much know how these things work and with the best respect to SI I manage the testing for projects with a big £ sign attached.

    I think you're entiteled to your opinion but you probably need to understand how beta testing works for FM and how software delivery / software testing actually works in the real world to be able to judge this fairly. i'm not being sensitive at all but simply hoping to share with you some realism of how things work

    You need to understand that when testing starts for any product, the product isn't in its final delivery state and simply awaiting bugs to be logged and fixed. Testing sometimes performed against a single component which is part complete. Integration will take place of these components but again will not be in final delivery start....e.g. the deliverable is in a state of dynamic change. I don't doubt many beta testers may do it because it gives them advance sight of a new component but it wont be in a complete state. If that was the sole reason beta testers signed up then these people would be better off reading the FMxx write-up on Amazon.

    They key issue is that FM is very complex piece of software with multiple paths of progress and change, its not like a RPG with a fixed progress path. Any change can have an impact to the FM world some smalll and some large...some show up in obvious ways and some dont...everyone plays the game a bit different to another and will at results / stats / on pitch match etc in a different way than another. Many issues can been seen by individual users and others in select circumstances and some are obvious. A fix to an issue may have repercussions elsewhere. An identified error may need to fixed in delicate way for fear of upsetting other elements

    All I can say is:
    a) for those that have a passion for the game and want it to improve then consider asking SI to join the test team
    b for those that understand its not in its best state until the Feb xx when the 3rd patch is available then wait until the 3rd patch is out from now on for every future release and buy the game then. I've personally done this for certain games such as Mass Effect and Bioshock. It will also be cheaper than it was on release day and you will benefit by playing a less buggy game. This has happened every year for years
    c) for those that buy the game around release day and encounter issues then log them in the bugs forum and supplement these as best they can with before and after saves to assit the identification and fix process
    d) for those that dont want to buy anymore then dont buy. Ultimately if the product really was that bad there would be no sales

    Gamers these days are much more demanding what they want. Games are now much more complex. 100% testing is just not possible due to time and cost, you only have to look at microft and NASA to see some of their bugs revealed in public circumstances. I think you'll see that all PC games released these days are not bug free and have a period of patching. Its simply down to economics. Additionally most of this games have a limited timescale say 30 hours so that costs you about £1 an hour. I bet for most people they spend far more than 30 hours playing each years release so itspretty good value for money on a pure entertainment value

    That said I think the OP did neatly sum up the 3 key issues with this years FM. SI / SEGA may wish to consider the testing process from a process improvement point of view to see if this will help. They may also need to consider how / when these key issues occured and why, if they weren't identified during testing.

    FM11's success maybe simply defined by the forum response compared to previous releases. Our individual experience of the game will no doubt detrmine if when we buy next years' release and so on

    All I can say is:
    a) for those that have a passion for the game and want it to improve then consider asking SI to join the test team
    b for those that understand its not in its best state until the Feb xx when the 3rd patch is available then wait until the 3rd patch is out from now on for every future release and buy the game then. I've personally done this for certain games such as Mass Effect and Bioshock. It will also be cheaper than it was on release day and you will benefit by playing a less buggy game. This has happened every year for years
    c) for those that buy the game around release day and encounter issues then log them in the bugs forum and supplement these as best they can with before and after saves to assit the identification and fix process
    d) for those that dont want to buy anymore then dont buy. Ultimately if the product really was that bad there would be no sales. How is FM11 doing in the PC sales charts. I personally dont know but tis will be a good guide, especially for a product that has an annual version as oppose to a single or double release like most games

    Ultimately if we want change then we can sit down and simply complain or try to be positive in making that change happen

  18. #118

    Default

    First of all, top top post ^^

    I actually echo a lot of what you say - the sole difference I make is that if people take on the role of a Beta tester, then they should act as a Beta tester and report faults, not just log free game time on a game "before everyone else".

    I agree SI release the game year on year with money in mind (they have to, it's a business), which is why in an ideal world the game would be released on a two year cycle.

    So yeah... the only other point I make is that the Beta testers by and large don't help to the degree they could, that's all.

  19. #119
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th February 2004
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezequiel_Lavezzi View Post
    I used to be a tester a fairly long while ago (maybe 5-6 years ago) and I noticed a lot of bugs DO get spotted but a lot of the time we are "pushed" to send a bundle of information along with our findings like a save game, a save before the event - almost as if we were expecting something random to happen (I know this sounds absurd, but its probably one of the most asked questions by SI).
    Then save every time you hit continue and if you encounter a bug, go back and reproduce it. Yes it's a bit tedious, but you're meant to be doing a job.

  20. #120
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th August 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default

    The lack of feedback from SI clearly shows that they know the game is flawed, im another who would like a refund as its unplayable

    Also its false advertising as it says its lifelike. . so you buy a player for £80 million, he plays well for 6 Months then you sell him for a £70 million loss. . that happens in real life!!

  21. #121
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd October 2006
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenbobbit View Post
    The lack of feedback from SI clearly shows that they know the game is flawed, im another who would like a refund as its unplayable

    Also its false advertising as it says its lifelike. . so you buy a player for £80 million, he plays well for 6 Months then you sell him for a £70 million loss. . that happens in real life!!
    More people than not are playing it happily so it clearly is playable. I also like you 'false advertising' bit. As for your refund, you had the chance to play the demo....

  22. #122
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th April 2007
    Posts
    658

    Default

    I am happy with it and notice no glaring problems. :/ Maybe you guys are playing the wrong game. Also, play the demo first before buying.

    The post above by MrPompey was THE best post I have seen in a while.
    Don't like it don't play it, don't spam the forums.

    If you got a bug, report it

  23. #123
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd January 2009
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenbobbit View Post
    The lack of feedback from SI clearly shows that they know the game is flawed, im another who would like a refund as its unplayable

    Also its false advertising as it says its lifelike. . so you buy a player for £80 million, he plays well for 6 Months then you sell him for a £70 million loss. . that happens in real life!!
    Maybe they don't have time to reply to posts about a known issue and are instead fixing it? You know, just saying...

    And well, you can always go to the shop and ask for it. Good luck getting a full refund on the basis that "this game is unplayable because I don't like how Barcelona sold Ibrahimovic on a 50 million euro loss!!!!!!!"

    ... oh wait, that happened IRL. Never mind. Change that to Modric for 18 (which was usually quotd as a "reasonable, realistic, sort it out SI I want a refund because Tottenham would never refuse that ofer IRL" price last year.

    I guess there's no winning for SI sometimes. AH well, time to work, then a bit more FM11. Fun how I'm managing to play a flawed, unplayable game =D

  24. #124
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubey84 View Post
    First of all, top top post ^^

    I actually echo a lot of what you say - the sole difference I make is that if people take on the role of a Beta tester, then they should act as a Beta tester and report faults, not just log free game time on a game "before everyone else".

    I agree SI release the game year on year with money in mind (they have to, it's a business), which is why in an ideal world the game would be released on a two year cycle.

    So yeah... the only other point I make is that the Beta testers by and large don't help to the degree they could, that's all.
    Er, no! That's why we pay them £30 a pop! I don;t work for SI, I'm supposed to be a customer of theirs. I've been a very loyal one in the past but they are really pushing my patience with this lame effort.

  25. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liv4pool View Post
    Er, no! That's why we pay them £30 a pop! I don;t work for SI, I'm supposed to be a customer of theirs. I've been a very loyal one in the past but they are really pushing my patience with this lame effort.
    If Beta testers volunteer to test a product, the Beta testers should test a product. I'm not excusing SI completely (for the billionth time, I agree they're money-driven because they have to be and they'd do better in terms of having a quality product if they released on a two year cycle...), but I'm saying the Beta testers exacerbate the problem when they should help. Not all, but most.

    And Kopites are &*&*%^&%^ xD

  26. #126
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    13,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenbobbit View Post
    The lack of feedback from SI clearly shows that they know the game is flawed, im another who would like a refund as its unplayable

    Also its false advertising as it says its lifelike. . so you buy a player for £80 million, he plays well for 6 Months then you sell him for a £70 million loss. . that happens in real life!!
    if you had a clue you would look through thread to find their many replys to issues people have brought up, just because they dont quote your post with a reply doesnt mean they dont read them.
    As is stated below, barca paid 50m EUROs plus Eto for Ibra then sell him to AC less than a full year later for only 27M IF he impresses during a loan period............

  27. #127
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd November 2010
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman Jones View Post
    I am happy with it and notice no glaring problems. :/ Maybe you guys are playing the wrong game. Also, play the demo first before buying.

    The post above by MrPompey was THE best post I have seen in a while.
    Don't like it don't play it, don't spam the forums.

    If you got a bug, report it
    Have you even played after your first season? Have you tried transferring any players or watching other teams do transfers after the first few years? Wait I know, you played for a few hours then come on here and tell people they are playing the wrong game. That about sum it up?

    Truely spectacular mate.

  28. #128
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    13,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joejccva71 View Post
    Have you even played after your first season? Have you tried transferring any players or watching other teams do transfers after the first few years? Wait I know, you played for a few hours then come on here and tell people they are playing the wrong game. That about sum it up?

    Truely spectacular mate.
    played 3 season, no real problems, sold everyone i have wanted too, signed almost everyone i wanted too, solved most problems with players using the private chat, normal amount of cards/injuries. Big names all still at their respective clubs, only Tevez unhappy and on the list at 18M because man city have been rubbish for 2 years.
    Seems normal to me.......

  29. #129
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd November 2010
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    played 3 season, no real problems, sold everyone i have wanted too, signed almost everyone i wanted too, solved most problems with players using the private chat, normal amount of cards/injuries. Big names all still at their respective clubs, only Tevez unhappy and on the list at 18M because man city have been rubbish for 2 years.
    Seems normal to me.......
    Really. You two guys are like the only ones it seems. You guys must have access to a secret patch that we don't that fixes these things. And you are playing FM2011 right...not FM2010 patch 10.03

  30. #130
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    13,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joejccva71 View Post
    Really. You two guys are like the only ones it seems. You guys must have access to a secret patch that we don't that fixes these things. And you are playing FM2011 right...not FM2010 patch 10.03
    i take it you know most of the people who have bought a copy of FM11 yes?
    Or are you basing this on the tiny amount who have joined these forums, and posted about bugs?

  31. #131
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd November 2010
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    i take it you know most of the people who have bought a copy of FM11 yes?
    Or are you basing this on the tiny amount who have joined these forums, and posted about bugs?
    So you are going to tell me that you have absolutely NO problems with the transfer and player interaction system in Football Manager 2011, right?

    I know this is like a broken record, but I want to make sure I understand you correctly.

  32. #132
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    13,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joejccva71 View Post
    So you are going to tell me that you have absolutely NO problems with the transfer and player interaction system in Football Manager 2011, right?

    I know this is like a broken record, but I want to make sure I understand you correctly.
    personally in three seasons i have not had any issues, honestly!
    i can get players to go into tutoring situations, i can pursuade players that want to leave to stay for longer, i have honestly not had a single issue on that side of things. Transfer wise, nothing strange has happened in my game, big players are happy where they are, there are the usual little things like AI not always playing players but thats been there for years, its no big deal. The only big players i have seen wanting to leave are Tevez due the fact man city finished out of the top 4 i would imagine, van der vart and modric want to leave after harry retired, CR7 is happy as are all the major stars in the game. Players are being sold easily as far as i can tell, adebayor has left man city for 10m, gibson left man u for 2m, arsenal sold a 31 year old Arshavin for £8m, all seems pretty normal to me, people are too quick to make sweeping claims about this game, the transfer system is not broken, it maybe doesnt work perfect i have read the countless threads with extreme examples but for me its been fine.

  33. #133
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd November 2010
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Ok thanks man. I am going to start a brand new game and try again.

  34. #134
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th August 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Seifer View Post
    Maybe they don't have time to reply to posts about a known issue and are instead fixing it? You know, just saying...

    And well, you can always go to the shop and ask for it. Good luck getting a full refund on the basis that "this game is unplayable because I don't like how Barcelona sold Ibrahimovic on a 50 million euro loss!!!!!!!"

    ... oh wait, that happened IRL. Never mind. Change that to Modric for 18 (which was usually quotd as a "reasonable, realistic, sort it out SI I want a refund because Tottenham would never refuse that ofer IRL" price last year.

    I guess there's no winning for SI sometimes. AH well, time to work, then a bit more FM11. Fun how I'm managing to play a flawed, unplayable game =D
    your playing a flawed unplayable game easily because you clearly know nothing about "IRL" football lol

    a 50 million euro loss on ibra? Hes on loan at Milan just now, and if he does sign its only for a 20 million euro loss. so after 2 seasons thats resonable!

    but il bow to your superior knowlege is Ronaldo signs for Chelsea in January for 12 million or tevez leaves Man City on a free come next June

    the game is obviously flawed, doesnt matter how much you all stick up for it this has been aknowleged by SI as a bug

  35. #135
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th August 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    personally in three seasons i have not had any issues, honestly!
    i can get players to go into tutoring situations, i can pursuade players that want to leave to stay for longer, i have honestly not had a single issue on that side of things. Transfer wise, nothing strange has happened in my game, big players are happy where they are, there are the usual little things like AI not always playing players but thats been there for years, its no big deal. The only big players i have seen wanting to leave are Tevez due the fact man city finished out of the top 4 i would imagine, van der vart and modric want to leave after harry retired, CR7 is happy as are all the major stars in the game. Players are being sold easily as far as i can tell, adebayor has left man city for 10m, gibson left man u for 2m, arsenal sold a 31 year old Arshavin for £8m, all seems pretty normal to me, people are too quick to make sweeping claims about this game, the transfer system is not broken, it maybe doesnt work perfect i have read the countless threads with extreme examples but for me its been fine.
    Good for you!

    This has been recognised by SI as a bug and they are in the process of looking into it

    so you are extremely lucky, one of a very small few

  36. #136
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    13,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenbobbit View Post
    your playing a flawed unplayable game easily because you clearly know nothing about "IRL" football lol

    a 50 million euro loss on ibra? Hes on loan at Milan just now, and if he does sign its only for a 20 million euro loss. so after 2 seasons thats resonable!

    but il bow to your superior knowlege is Ronaldo signs for Chelsea in January for 12 million or tevez leaves Man City on a free come next June

    the game is obviously flawed, doesnt matter how much you all stick up for it this has been aknowleged by SI as a bug
    no barca would be making a 23m loss plus at least another 15m because Eto was involved.
    so because we like the game, we know nothing about football in real life............
    SI have not actually said "the transfer system is broken" far from it, what they have said is they are looking into why players end up on the transfer list and get sold at their market value. much different.

  37. #137
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th August 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    no barca would be making a 23m loss plus at least another 15m because Eto was involved.
    so because we like the game, we know nothing about football in real life............
    SI have not actually said "the transfer system is broken" far from it, what they have said is they are looking into why players end up on the transfer list and get sold at their market value. much different.
    i think if you look hard enough in the bugs section you will see that SI have indeed recognised this as a problem due to the volume of complaints, never was the transfer system mentioned as you stated in your post???

    all this is irrelevant as the game is flawed if you enjoy it then good for you, but if your like me and buy the game for realism, the statement SI sell the game based on, then its v poor!

  38. #138
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    13,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenbobbit View Post
    i think if you look hard enough in the bugs section you will see that SI have indeed recognised this as a problem due to the volume of complaints, never was the transfer system mentioned as you stated in your post???

    all this is irrelevant as the game is flawed if you enjoy it then good for you, but if your like me and buy the game for realism, the statement SI sell the game based on, then its v poor!
    sigh, go read what they have said again, SI never have and never will say the transfer system is broken because its not, all they have said is that they will look at certain aspects of the interatction model that may be causing situations like messi or CR7 wanting to leave their respective clubs for only their face value. I would highly doubt we will see massive changes come next month.

  39. #139
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd January 2009
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenbobbit View Post
    your playing a flawed unplayable game easily because you clearly know nothing about "IRL" football lol

    a 50 million euro loss on ibra? Hes on loan at Milan just now, and if he does sign its only for a 20 million euro loss. so after 2 seasons thats resonable!

    but il bow to your superior knowlege is Ronaldo signs for Chelsea in January for 12 million or tevez leaves Man City on a free come next June

    the game is obviously flawed, doesnt matter how much you all stick up for it this has been aknowleged by SI as a bug
    What?? WHAT? What kind of papers have you been reading?

    he's not on loan to buy. he's on loan with a MANDATORY buy option at the end of the season, so only difference is really Barcelona gets paid at the end season. Consider it a "paid in 12 months" clause that was made public. yeah, it's a weird contract model, I'lla dmit that. but SI got it quite right (he's on loan, "joins Milan on 1-7-2011")

    fwiw, they had to do a neutral valuation of the sell (as Mallorca and Real Madrid were entitled to a small percentage of the cash Etoo was equivalent to), and the total price was, depending on the source, between 65 and 75 million, counting Etoo. So yeah, they lost that amount of money.

    Also, not Tevez, but hey, Wright-Phillips, Adebayor (a year later =D) and Santa Cruz (a year later =D) are right now for sale at "ridiculous, unrealistic, I want my money back Si" prices right now, and are tipped to leave for free or close in winter. So yeaaaah, bad examples.

    Would like to see a screenshot of Ronaldo joining Chelsea in January for 12 million, please ^^ Only one I've seen was 45-ish, after the player fell with the manager, which is actualy quite realistic. (nobody apart from the couple teams playing with the infinite money cheat enabled IRL pay those prices, anyway, which is what SI is modelling). I've seen a couple more, but none of them gave important data, like... what year it was, for example. We could debate on the realism of lead prima donna Ronaldo asking for a transfer if things don't go his way. January is quite early, but I don't put it past him demanding a transfer if Real Madrid crashes again this year.

    There IS a bug on it happening too often, I'll give that. But are you honestly thinking Madrid would get more than 40-50 million if Ronaldo asked in public to leave? Really? Let's see how much they get for Kaka (65 million, less than 20 matches, replacements for his position signed. Real Madrid is bugged! bugged, I tell you!)

    And I'm not goint to say the game is flawless. Some stuff is definetly happening. But you know, a few posts are there you were pointing fingers at SI and accussing them of some serious stuff.
    Last edited by Lord_Seifer; 24-11-2010 at 18:17.

  40. #140
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    15th February 2005
    Location
    http://www.twitch.tv/roykela
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    sigh, go read what they have said again, SI never have and never will say the transfer system is broken because its not, all they have said is that they will look at certain aspects of the interatction model that may be causing situations like messi or CR7 wanting to leave their respective clubs for only their face value. I would highly doubt we will see massive changes come next month.
    Just a little input here.
    It took me 4-5 seasons, and 4 clubs before i managed to sell my first player.
    After that i managed to sell 2 more.

    Then i started a new game. After 2 seasons i've managed to sell 2 players. Both of them for free.

    In my opinion and after my own experience, the transfers do not work the way they should.

  41. #141
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th September 2005
    Posts
    15,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenbobbit View Post
    The lack of feedback from SI clearly shows that they know the game is flawed, im another who would like a refund as its unplayable

    Also its false advertising as it says its lifelike. . so you buy a player for £80 million, he plays well for 6 Months then you sell him for a £70 million loss. . that happens in real life!!
    iI you buy a single FM player for 80 million then the AI team has seen you coming a fom a ong way off. By the way, irl how much did man city pay for Robinho, how much were they paying him, how much money did they get back?
    i see adverts on the TV all the time selling products that will make me look younger / less wrinkles etc but do they work..."i dont fink so....". You ever received a Big Mac that looks the same as the picture they have on the walls. The lynx effect doesn't work, and does anyone ever remember the advert years back for an aftershave called "Hi-karate"? I wasted my paper-round money on that. How about that Gillian woman on "I'm a celebrity" ....what numpty goes into the jungle with phobias of every insect and animal, a phobia of water and thinks diving is putting your face into water. She should have got a yellow card for that dive the other night. Thats marketing for you

    Saying that if they knew just prior to the release then if they could it would have been patched on release day

    I still think FM is a good product and yes there are a few key flaws this year but we know they will be fixed in a month or so....SI dont pack their bags and scarper like some east end market sellors and a lot of software sellors whose products you see in the shops. Once its its fixed you tot up how many hours you spend and then argue its not good value for money. £25 quid wont cover a night in the pub for you and the missus. You dont really want a refund...you just want to air you grieviance and hurry up the patch....no problem with that

    The issues are dissapointing but lets wait paitiently for the fixes.......well what else can we do. Besides the extra time should ensure that any fixes are fully tested and not rushed....and you know that would make you me and everyone even more upset.

  42. #142
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th April 2007
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Following on from what Mile's said on the podcast, alot of people say its unplayable right...

    But on Steam, it shows that thousand and thousands and thousands (maybe millions I dont know) alot anyway are playing.
    I have done 3 seasons, no major problems, very playable. I enjoy it. No major bugs to report. Too many people are jumping on the bandwagon of 'OOOOOO its broken'

    Don't cry, report the bug. Post a screenshot with some examples and CONSTRUCTIVE comments (Key word there)
    It's annoying to read through loads of pointless posts with people going, you know nothing about football irl etc. Constructive, not disruptive

  43. #143
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th August 2008
    Posts
    712

    Default

    In my game Liverpool are 9 points clear at the top midway through the season and they've just bought Gareth Bale for 8m pounds.



    FM 2011 - The pinnacle of realism

  44. #144
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th May 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I realised a few years ago that the FM games weren't completely playable until the .3 Jan/Feb Patch and so continue to wait until then every year to buy the game. That way I get the data update/ January transfers and many of the bugs have been fixed. It also saves me having to start a new game so i get the new transfers. And the other positive - its also a LOT cheaper. Like at least half the price it was when first realised. So for me its a win-win. I decided in 08 that I wouldn't buy 09 and wait until FM 10. I also noticed that FM 10 was alot more enjoyable and playable as it seemed like there was alot of new features and less bugs from 08.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts