+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Synthetic Pitch

Hybrid View

Amateur

Default Synthetic Pitch

Does a synthetic pitch have any difference to the bounce of the ball in the game, i'm thinking Young Boys against Spurs in the Champions League this season.

Amateur
    Help I'm a Southerner and have been kidknapped and forced to live up North. Ransom fee required.

Are there any in the game?

Amateur

Boavista of Portugal have a pitch surface of 'Articifical - New Type (soft)'

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't affect the ball bounce, it might affect injury chance etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Carnivorous Badger View Post
    Boavista of Portugal have a pitch surface of 'Articifical - New Type (soft)'

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't affect the ball bounce, it might affect injury chance etc.
    The fact it says "soft" must either indicate a variance in bounce and/or injuries, but I'm actually inclined to believe it'll be bounce, because pitch condition definitely corresponds to your play style in some way.

Wet/damaged pitches already impact pass speed and accuracy, and it may be my imagination but I've always thought that frozen pitches allow a lot more bounce from the ball.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tubey84 View Post
    The fact it says "soft" must either indicate a variance in bounce and/or injuries, but I'm actually inclined to believe it'll be bounce, because pitch condition definitely corresponds to your play style in some way.

Wet/damaged pitches already impact pass speed and accuracy, and it may be my imagination but I've always thought that frozen pitches allow a lot more bounce from the ball.
    The soft type is a more grass-like surface, but without the same level of degradation. You might be right, but with Soft type surface, the difference should be minimal.

Amateur

Cliftonville also have synthetic pitch (3G) does anyone know if it is possible to get your grass pitch replaced with a new synthetic one?
    Last edited by THX1138; 22-11-2010 at 16:11.

Amateur

Only if you get a new stadium built, I believe (and even then you won't get the choice). Also, artificial surfaces degrade, too.

+ Reply to Thread