Closed Thread
Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,800 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Third Team

When dealing with a player transfer there is nothing worse than knowing you're being mugged off but having to go ahead with the deal because you either need to get rid of the player on the cheap or paying slightly over the odds for squad player, this is made worse when the fans pick up on the fee & use it as a stick to beat you with.

We could do with an option to ask that a transfer fee remains undisclosed to cover our shame.

Quote Originally Posted by cjfinno View Post
    An option to change fonts etc in the game. Also get more playable leagues in it. Wonder someday if we'll get every league possible!??
    SI (by that I mean Miles) have said that they will not add any additional leagues or nations & the game has a competition editor if you want to add one yourself.

Personally I don't like that way of thinking as not every community project is as well researched & tested as the Uncle Ron level 8 update, if they are not going to add any new nations then maybe some extra levels to the current nations would be a reasonable compromise.
    Last edited by Barside; 29-01-2012 at 17:13.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Producer View Post
    Get rid of Steam - I cant play the game simply because I live in a rural area which dreadful internet connection and can only play the game by using Steam (i have to install from the disc then log into steam to activate - but I cant because my internet is poor and the welsh government are doing naff all about it). I tried 6 times in different days all to fail. I cant play the game. Why oh why would you even consider using steam? what was the point of that. Why cant you give us options to decide for ourselves how we want to instal and activate the game.
    You only need Internet once, during activation. After that you can play with no Internet at all (offline mode).

Amateur

Disagreeing with ref in a press conference about a missed pen or pen given that shouldn't have been, or a red that shouldn't have been. EVERY TIME i do this, i'm wrong, SI smacking me round the head for calling out a ref in a press conference. I'd like to get fined/suspended for being right every now and then, luck of the draw whatever. Similar sort of thing with challenging red cards, IE appealing or setting penalties for it afterwards. I'd like my assistant manager to say something other than a totally unhelpful "up to you" or the other one "Heinous tackle, totally deserved his red and he should be tarred and feathered accordingly." Every now and then, WRONG OR RIGHT, USEFUL OR USELESS, i'd like him to say that he thought the decision was a travesty and that he believes the red should be overturned.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Barside View Post
    Not possible & tbh also not a very good idea, can you play a Civ4 save on Civ5 or upload your custom classes from MW to MW3?

Each version of the game is different to the last & any backwards compatibility would stall much needed improvements in other areas of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by insomniac_cro View Post
    Option to somehow continue playing a save game from previous fm in the new FM.
    Let's say a save game from fm2012 to be playable in fm 2013...
    I also like this option and I can't see how this can be so big problem. The only thing you need from the old game is the database, player that have been sold, staff changes and youth players. You should also be able to start with a new database.
    I would buy a new game each year when it comes out rather then playing the same old game for 3 years.

Amateur

I don't know if this idea was already mentioned but I think you should be able to create teams like Athletic Bilbao as you could sign players with the same nationality.

Be able to add draft when you are doing new leagues.

See a team which has poor financials being relegated to lower leagues and maybe given minus points

To make it realistic to be able to bribe the refree (and of course it could linked with consequences).
    Last edited by macdab55; 01-02-2012 at 10:02.

Amateur

Include relevant Latest Scores, so in my case here it would be Group H Latest Scores.... Would love to see this implemented into the game!

Third Team

Filter agent offers to be changed, at the moment I do not exclude any because basing your decision of the players contractual/transfer status is foolish. What I'd prefer is to set what type of players I'm looking for, Poacher, Ball playing CB, Inside forward, etc, it's damn annoying to be constantly bombarded with keepers when I already have 2 excellent guys to place between the sticks or defenders to be added to my impenetrable back four.

Amateur

Been saving some up for awhile. I apologize if many of these have already been mentioned, consider this another vote for these changes/features if that is the case. Also, I'm relatively new to the game, only my second year playing, so I may just be unaware of something. Please point that out if this is the case. Thanks!

1) Improved 3D engine. Always first and foremost the thing I care about most. Wider variety of player moves, and all the usual things about defender movement, number of shots on goal vs goals created, etc.

2) Ability to create some customized stats or expand the range of per 90 minute stats. For example Interceptions by itself is not very helpful, but Interceptions per 90 minutes is a much better metric for comparing players who have played very different amounts. I'd also like to see "Goals per shots attempted" and "goals per shots on goal". But really the best thing would be if we had a little formula creator option to mix and match and create simple stats of our own, like a little spreadsheet.

3) Ability to turn off reserve matches from appearing on the heads-up calendar.

4) The ol' corner kick ends up with player in midfield who recycles it back to the corner kicker who is offsides bit. Just doesn't make sense how often it happens with highly skilled professionals. Please reduce substantially.

5) Dribbling balls out of bounds with no opponent anywhere near them. Same as #4, the frequency doesn't make sense with the quality of players and leagues I am seeing. Maybe it's just a matter of the way it is visually depicted in the ME. They look so unskilled, it breaks the illusion of the simulation.

6) The ability to see where goals were scored from in the analysis part of the Team Report section. Not sure if this is a bug or I'm missing something but we see by zone where assists came from, but not the shots that scored the goal. Strange.

7) The ability over time to illuminate hidden attributes. I know this may be a touch controversial, but it's very, very hard to discern some of the hidden attributes just from playing. I think if a player is with the same team for say 5 years perhaps a little window into some of those would be appropriate (1-3, 4-6, 7-9, etc.) or at least a coach's opinion in text about each one. Something. But it seems like the longer you have a player the more you should know about him and your coaches should know about him. I'd like to see this represented in the attribute screen.

I know that the hidden attributes add a nice sense of mystery. But as a game player I find it ultimately annoying that I can't ever find them out. And I don't want to resort to an editor. Keeping them somewhat mysterious on a scouting report and then gradually revealing them based on the quality of your coaches, how long they have been on the team, how much they play etc. seems like it would be a nice balance between mystery and satisfying curiosity. And it's a neat reward for sticking with a player long-term - you know what you have in them and what to expect.

Also, I don't buy any argument that says "well, there are just some things you never know as a manager". If we can see a player's determination on a scale of 1-20 from scouting him for a single match then we should be able to see his ability to play in big matches after managing him for a few years. There is no purity here, if we have numerical attributes for 36 different technical, mental and physical aspects of a player then we can have them for another 13 aspects. Making those hidden attributes take longer to discover makes sense, but keeping them hidden forever I think makes the game less appealing. For that matter I think some viewable aspects like Influence and Determination would make much more sense as gradually uncovered attributes.

8) The ability to easily save and compile a list of the best 10 goals per season. I've tried the video outputs and the quality is poor and it's unwieldy and time-consuming to do so. I want an easy way to mark a great goal and then be able to refer back to those marked goals later in a season. Maybe call it Top Goals or something and let us watch them with a bowl of popcorn at the end of the season or whenever we like. Kind of a season highlight reel. Make it easy to do interface wise and quick to access and I think alot of managers would use this feature.

9) This may be my own ignorance, but lets us control width by position. If I want my LB/RB to play more narrow and my CM to play wider let me specify that by position.

10) Reduce the number of really dumb throw-ins into the box by players with excellent long throw, anticipation and decision attributes. I am baffled by how often a very good player throws it into the box to a pile of opponents far from any of his teammates. It's not even close to a teammate...makes no sense. Again, may be a visual depiction issue.

11) More customization of the home screen. Let us decide what we want to display there and that goes for ALL of the widgets, not just a few. This has made a big step forward and it can get even better.

12) Add listing of positional ability to team report (natural, accomplished, competent, etc.). The team report has been a great addition to the game, just needs this one addition to make it top notch.

13) Search parameters for players includes the ability to specify "blank". As in: CDs with marking at 14+ or blank, tackling at 14+ or blank. As it is now we have to spend alot of time poring over players with blanks in their attributes and try to eye-ball it. The search is relatively useless as you might miss a great candidate who met all 5 of your search criteria, but 2 of the attributes weren't filled in yet.

14) Adjust club reputation a few times throughout the year. Maybe October, January and May. As it is now, it appears to only shift at the end of a season. I play LLM, so when my team is new to L2 but ripping it up in their first year there, then their reputation should be increased well before the end of the season. Players and fans should take notice.

In general it feels like everything shifts a bit late. Players and agents don't seem to hop onto new teams that are soaring in the way that I think they would to some extent.

That's about it. Kudos on FM12. Really enjoying it. My favorite additions are probably team report and the way that search conditions stay up for players, but you can tick them active or inactive. It's a little thing but it really makes a difference. Those two and then everything done to make the interface and graphics better.

Great job SI!
    Last edited by django_z; 01-02-2012 at 12:10.

Amateur

I agree with some others, espescially the Hidden attributes bit above, plus others that have been touched upon

I'd like to see a player positionless. no set position. you can figure out where he plays best, or you have a positional proficiency screen which covers every position according to his stats. a midfielder should be automatically proficient in the middle of the park, obviously better at a particular position type or tatical instruction, but would not be a complete monkey at a slightly different position, ie DM or AMC which happens if he doesn't have that circle coloured in on his positions screen.

I remember in a very old version you could draw lines on the tactic screen. i'd like something similar to give the team a better handle on their width, and where they're expected to be in attack and defense. or maybe...

3 tatical screens. a 'default' screen we have now, a 'attack' screen when you have the ball going foward, and a 'defense' screen for when you lose possesion. i know this happens to some degree already, but i'd like to give more precise instruction.

Manager records. a return of goals per game stat. but moreso an overall record, like biggest win/loss, streaks, bogey teams etc, for those who like looking at these things, and esp. those who play different teams throughout their game career.

Player records, history screen to have option of overall stats, not just the league.

maybe some better options at the start of the game as you can't please everyone. ie, the ability to switch off agents, or media interviews or whatever if those additions to the game are not your cup of tea

i like the floating reputation of leagues idea, add it to continents??

and contentiously, a better editor with more ranging options. i understand that most people are simpletons and this wouldn't work as the technical problems they'd create would be enormous. (perhaps an editing iq test to open the advanced options!!!!).
    my especial bugbear in real footy and therefore the game is asia. it's too big. i'd love to dice it in half, west to india, and an eastern half. can't do it in the current setup. maybe if i had a lazy 25billion...

there were others, but now i'm at the keyboard the minds blank!!
    Last edited by kristrum; 01-02-2012 at 14:39.

Amateur

Sorry if below are already mentioned just sharing my ideas.

1. Transfers.
    If at all possible instead of adding the January/February/March (pending on location of management) transfers into the start of the game, like in 2011, setting them as a future transfers to join there club on the day the transfer happened or at the last day of the clubs location transfer date.

2. A.I for Network Games.
    Possibility of improving A.I difficulty when I comes to dealing with transfers in network games and setting a higher A.I. difficulty for Network Games, to match the real players now within the game.

3. Contracts.
    Adding new clauses to players contracts; such as by back clause after year 1 then year 2, year 3, ect, ect. Like what Barcelona have done with Oriol Romeu who is now a player for Chelsea.
    When buying a player, who players regularly for the team you are buying from, an option to allow the selling team them to keep him until the end of there season with you paying wages. Example, Kevin De Bruyne contracted to Chelsea still playing until end of season for Racing Genk.

4. Media.
    Not every team have interview before every game they have. Example, Greenock Morton.
    When answering with a neutral answer the media spam “we want to hear a real answer” multiple time usually one after the other.

That’s all I can think of but overall the game has been improving each year hope it continues to improve and develop.

Amateur

If this has been said then sorry but I would like to see a 'why' function when talking to players in the chat that have done either a stupid mistake or a horrible tackle.
    For instance Mario Balotelli on Scott Parker in the 3-2 game or Karl Henry at Wolves when he back-heeled Albrighton when they were playing Aston Villa. Sometimes you get
    them and think ' Why did you do that, you moron?' or What were you thinking? Could be a useful option with some players.

Third Team

Would like to see the option introduced to offer free agent players short term contracts, rather than having to offer them a contract until the end of the current season at the earliest. And immediate loan backs to selling clubs built into the deal when you are buying a player as someone mentioned above.

Amateur

The removal of the new Semi-pro limitations. Where Semi-pro clubs (at least Bath City) are hard-coded to only be able to sign certain contract types for certain squad status. It makes absolutely no sense, and is just a huge annoyance.

I can't offer my youngsters who are still learning and developing anything but a Non-Contract, if they are not considered part of the first team. Non-Contract players cannot be loaned out to other clubs. So that makes it impossible for me to give my Hot prospects any first-team experience at a lower level. If I considered them part of the first team, and thus could offer them a part-time (Backup/Rotation) or Full-time (Key/Important player) contracts, then why would I want to loan them out?? ... wouldn't I then use them in my first team instead??

This makes finding and developing youngsters at a lower league (english) club almost impossible.

That only Youngsters can be offered NC contracts in a semi-pro club is also nonsense, as this is not how it works in real life. Older players get these types of contracts too.

There is also a huge gap between a Semi-pro just out of Amateur status, and one on the verge of becoming fully Professional, so making the same rules for all of them is a bad design decision in my opinion.

So please, please, please remove this for next version, or one of the patches.

Amateur

To decrease the amount of goals that are scored from corners and indirect freekicks in the league you manage in, along with the lack of direct free kick goals.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by StormenDK View Post
    The removal of the new Semi-pro limitations. Where Semi-pro clubs (at least Bath City) are hard-coded to only be able to sign certain contract types for certain squad status. It makes absolutely no sense, and is just a huge annoyance.

I can't offer my youngsters who are still learning and developing anything but a Non-Contract, if they are not considered part of the first team. Non-Contract players cannot be loaned out to other clubs. So that makes it impossible for me to give my Hot prospects any first-team experience at a lower level. If I considered them part of the first team, and thus could offer them a part-time (Backup/Rotation) or Full-time (Key/Important player) contracts, then why would I want to loan them out?? ... wouldn't I then use them in my first team instead??

This makes finding and developing youngsters at a lower league (english) club almost impossible.

That only Youngsters can be offered NC contracts in a semi-pro club is also nonsense, as this is not how it works in real life. Older players get these types of contracts too.

There is also a huge gap between a Semi-pro just out of Amateur status, and one on the verge of becoming fully Professional, so making the same rules for all of them is a bad design decision in my opinion.

So please, please, please remove this for next version, or one of the patches.

I wouldn't have thought semi-pro clubs should be loaning players out.

At that level a player is either part of the first team squad or isn't.

Amateur

When signing a young player from a foreign country who you know will come good if he gets first team football under his belt, ill just say an example. Your Liverpool and you sign a 18 year old from Argentina and you want to loan him to an affiliated club for a couple maybe 3 seasons, this could just be for first team football to help him progress or maybe even passport problems. so just say for example you loaned him to Lavente in La Liga as they were an affiliated club of yours.... you should be able to pay a small fee, nothing much ... for him to get English language lessons... hes already fluent Spanish and if hes spending a few years in Spain i dont think he will end up having English(Basic) or anything next to his spoken languages?

i think this will help for when he returns to England to start his Liverpool career he will be able to communicate better with other players in his first full season in English football

someone correct me if this does already happen, meaning he does learn english when out on loan to a foreign country.

remember this is just an example lol i randomly said 2 teams.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar2010 View Post
    I wouldn't have thought semi-pro clubs should be loaning players out.

At that level a player is either part of the first team squad or isn't.
    They loan them out all the time ... at least Bath City does, so I assume most of them do.

The whole way that contracts have been put together for semi-pros make no sense, and doesn't apply to real life. And if it is not made for realism, then it is just in to screw over managers in the lower leagues.

The hardcoded-ness of this is what annoys me. I doubt there are any clubs that would have these rules in effect at their club, and if they do, it should clearly state so in-game, and be possible to get the board to reconsider this decision.

I, as a manager, should be the one who decides whether to give my star striker a full-time or part-time (or NC) contract, depending on what I can negotiate with him. Players on part-time contracts, should be less willing to sign long term contracts, and more willing to leave if another team comes along with a full-time offer. So it will be much harder for me to keep my star striker for long on part-time contracts, than if I signed him on a full-time contract. But it should be my decision (just like it has been for years in this game).

If we wanna talk realism, then it also makes no sense to have full-time players, when all your staff is part-time

Amateur

I would like more distinction between a foul and a dive at the moment the ME calls a dive a foul but I think it should say the player dived and it should be noted in the match report, especially if the player is booked.

I would like each of your squads to keep their individual views. For example I like to keep my 1st team in selection view but in January, I like to have reserve team in contract view to help with selling descisions. If I click from 1 squad to the other, the view reverts back to that of the squad you were looking at before. It really bugs me!

If I have selected a scout to track players on loan, I shouldn't have to ask him to compile reports every time a player goes on loan, he should do it automatically. Ther should also be an option for him to start scouting players already out on loan when you first set him to track loan players.
    Last edited by jnr_ironside; 05-02-2012 at 12:29. Reason: Missed a point

Lurker

I would love the addition of going to a training session (when ever you choose to) seeing how your players are training for your own eyes. Might seem pointless but I can see it adding quite a bit more realism.

Amateur

I'd like it so that when you get the message saying "X amount of your players have been called up for international duty", it tells you what matches they'd miss if you don't withdraw them. I've twice been caught out playing in Russia by players missing games because the missing players section on the fixture list didn't accurately say these players would be missing when I got the message.

It's also be nice to be able to explain to players upon withdrawing them that you've done it because there was a club game they were needed for.

Amateur

Sorry if this is a re-post of some ideas, I haven't checked ALL of the replies... I'd like to see:

1)Women's leagues - It would be great to be able to move from the women's game to the men's and vice-versa. Maybe the players could move too (i.e. women into the men's league, depending on league rules).

2)'Easy mode' - a mode that makes things a little less technical for users after a more 'simple' experience. Some more generic formations, bringing back the movement arrows and stripping back the trickier features (training/tactics/press etc).

3)Season start date - when the patch featuring Jan transfers is released a new start date for the leagues could be released. So Jan transfers and league positions were included in the game (along with managerial vacancies). So I can take over at a club struggling against relegation and try to keep them up.

4)A player manager feature would be cool too

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by django_z View Post
    Been saving some up for awhile. I apologize if many of these have already been mentioned, consider this another vote for these changes/features if that is the case. Also, I'm relatively new to the game, only my second year playing, so I may just be unaware of something. Please point that out if this is the case. Thanks!

1) Improved 3D engine. Always first and foremost the thing I care about most. Wider variety of player moves, and all the usual things about defender movement, number of shots on goal vs goals created, etc.

2) Ability to create some customized stats or expand the range of per 90 minute stats. For example Interceptions by itself is not very helpful, but Interceptions per 90 minutes is a much better metric for comparing players who have played very different amounts. I'd also like to see "Goals per shots attempted" and "goals per shots on goal". But really the best thing would be if we had a little formula creator option to mix and match and create simple stats of our own, like a little spreadsheet.

3) Ability to turn off reserve matches from appearing on the heads-up calendar.

4) The ol' corner kick ends up with player in midfield who recycles it back to the corner kicker who is offsides bit. Just doesn't make sense how often it happens with highly skilled professionals. Please reduce substantially.

5) Dribbling balls out of bounds with no opponent anywhere near them. Same as #4, the frequency doesn't make sense with the quality of players and leagues I am seeing. Maybe it's just a matter of the way it is visually depicted in the ME. They look so unskilled, it breaks the illusion of the simulation.

6) The ability to see where goals were scored from in the analysis part of the Team Report section. Not sure if this is a bug or I'm missing something but we see by zone where assists came from, but not the shots that scored the goal. Strange.

7) The ability over time to illuminate hidden attributes. I know this may be a touch controversial, but it's very, very hard to discern some of the hidden attributes just from playing. I think if a player is with the same team for say 5 years perhaps a little window into some of those would be appropriate (1-3, 4-6, 7-9, etc.) or at least a coach's opinion in text about each one. Something. But it seems like the longer you have a player the more you should know about him and your coaches should know about him. I'd like to see this represented in the attribute screen.

I know that the hidden attributes add a nice sense of mystery. But as a game player I find it ultimately annoying that I can't ever find them out. And I don't want to resort to an editor. Keeping them somewhat mysterious on a scouting report and then gradually revealing them based on the quality of your coaches, how long they have been on the team, how much they play etc. seems like it would be a nice balance between mystery and satisfying curiosity. And it's a neat reward for sticking with a player long-term - you know what you have in them and what to expect.

Also, I don't buy any argument that says "well, there are just some things you never know as a manager". If we can see a player's determination on a scale of 1-20 from scouting him for a single match then we should be able to see his ability to play in big matches after managing him for a few years. There is no purity here, if we have numerical attributes for 36 different technical, mental and physical aspects of a player then we can have them for another 13 aspects. Making those hidden attributes take longer to discover makes sense, but keeping them hidden forever I think makes the game less appealing. For that matter I think some viewable aspects like Influence and Determination would make much more sense as gradually uncovered attributes.

8) The ability to easily save and compile a list of the best 10 goals per season. I've tried the video outputs and the quality is poor and it's unwieldy and time-consuming to do so. I want an easy way to mark a great goal and then be able to refer back to those marked goals later in a season. Maybe call it Top Goals or something and let us watch them with a bowl of popcorn at the end of the season or whenever we like. Kind of a season highlight reel. Make it easy to do interface wise and quick to access and I think alot of managers would use this feature.

9) This may be my own ignorance, but lets us control width by position. If I want my LB/RB to play more narrow and my CM to play wider let me specify that by position.

10) Reduce the number of really dumb throw-ins into the box by players with excellent long throw, anticipation and decision attributes. I am baffled by how often a very good player throws it into the box to a pile of opponents far from any of his teammates. It's not even close to a teammate...makes no sense. Again, may be a visual depiction issue.

11) More customization of the home screen. Let us decide what we want to display there and that goes for ALL of the widgets, not just a few. This has made a big step forward and it can get even better.

12) Add listing of positional ability to team report (natural, accomplished, competent, etc.). The team report has been a great addition to the game, just needs this one addition to make it top notch.

13) Search parameters for players includes the ability to specify "blank". As in: CDs with marking at 14+ or blank, tackling at 14+ or blank. As it is now we have to spend alot of time poring over players with blanks in their attributes and try to eye-ball it. The search is relatively useless as you might miss a great candidate who met all 5 of your search criteria, but 2 of the attributes weren't filled in yet.

14) Adjust club reputation a few times throughout the year. Maybe October, January and May. As it is now, it appears to only shift at the end of a season. I play LLM, so when my team is new to L2 but ripping it up in their first year there, then their reputation should be increased well before the end of the season. Players and fans should take notice.

In general it feels like everything shifts a bit late. Players and agents don't seem to hop onto new teams that are soaring in the way that I think they would to some extent.

That's about it. Kudos on FM12. Really enjoying it. My favorite additions are probably team report and the way that search conditions stay up for players, but you can tick them active or inactive. It's a little thing but it really makes a difference. Those two and then everything done to make the interface and graphics better.

Great job SI!
    Quoting again so SI see this.

Amateur

The biggest idea that came to me during this year's iteration is the difference between training sessions. For example, managing a top level club, you have first team training, and you have youth team training. But reserves and first team have no differentiation. This year Ravel Morrison was training with the Man United first team, but was susbsequently dropped back to the reserve team training (and his reaction to this was basically the final straw in getting him sold).

Being able to have your first and reserve teams train seperately is more realistic, and also allows for more player interaction - for example, I might want to show Zeki Fryers that I have good faith in him, so I promote him to training with the first team, he gains a little confidence and benefits more from training with better players (an effect which is severely diluted if you try and make the whole reserve team train with the first team).

Likewise if a player isn't showing me enough in the first team, I can make him train with the reserves as a kind of punishment.

Amateur

Simple

Internationals:
    • Bigger deal about World Cup/Continential Championships/Qualifiers. World Cups should be a big deal, in run up you should be able to organise training base where you play friendlies against local sides other National Teams,against each other/b team matches to decide on squad/starting 11. A rundown of all the teams taking place-Style of play/Key Player/one to watch/previous history/expectations
    • If managing host nation there should be a big buzz about the tournament coming to town, take Qatar for example, in the game it should make reference to stadiums that have been built/infrastructure, how the host nation is set for the tournament-strength? weaknesses. if china hosted the world cup in the distant future in the game, it should be like 'few would have imagined the world cup would ever reach the words most populous nation blah blah' just stuff to make it more immersie
    • There should be shouts for certain players to be called up based on form, pressure from media would be interesting.
    • Ability to recommend to FA to bid to host future championship
    • A correlated effort to influence type of players being produced in a country, think of Jurger Klinsman with Germany, in conjuction with club coaches and grassroots german football transformed itself into the attacking skillful team it is today. This would cool in countries like US who are on the up and have so much potential so you could dictate in a way the type of player being produced.

Transfers
    Just keep improving on it I guess, there not gonna radically improve from 1 year to the next. Less stupid signings, greater AI intelligence with squad building(AI should pinpoint players it needs to fill in a gap in the team)
    Less of the manager merry go round nonsense
    Last edited by iniesta8; 06-02-2012 at 03:47.

Amateur

I'd like to interact with players available on a free. Why can't I say I admire the ageing pro who might just agree to help my lower league side if he felt wanted?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by kristrum View Post
    Player records, history screen to have option of overall stats, not just the league.
    Very good point!

Amateur

I'm playing a match right now where one team is playing in an all black strip but the referee is also in all black - in this situation irl would the referee not wear a different colour top or something to more easily distinguish him from one of the playing team?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Able.Ryder View Post
    Very good point!
    If you click on each season it shows the overall stats at the bottom of the screen.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Pill View Post
    I'm playing a match right now where one team is playing in an all black strip but the referee is also in all black - in this situation irl would the referee not wear a different colour top or something to more easily distinguish him from one of the playing team?
    Not a solution but click on the Ref so you see his name above him, that way you can distinguish who's who

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Pill View Post
    If you click on each season it shows the overall stats at the bottom of the screen.
    I know that; but for example, when it comes up to count the goals scored for your team in his career you can only do this with a pen & a piece of paper & maths.
    It is not very user friendly.

Amateur

When Rafa Benitez was in Inter he said that in England he was a manager, in Italy he is a coach.

Now after a long time, I remembred that while playing FM and wondered when will this game get as far as mimicing the different versions of manager/directors/owners relationship.

In Italy most managers have little to no say in who their team actually buys. To be able to do that, you would have to win A LOT of trust. People like Marco Branca (Inter), Adriano Galliani (Milan), Pantaleo Corvino (Fiorentina), Beppe Marotta (Juventus) really form the teams. The English model for example has created the illusion for some that it was Jose Mourinho who put together the Inter side of 2010, buying Milito etc. In reality it was Branca and certain guys in the background, but with Mou obviously having a say in who he wants in the end and who not. This is similar in Spain too. I cannot speak for the rest.

What I propose is create a system that allows you to:
    a) Play the game as it is now, you form the team, you create the financial budget etc.
    b) Play the game with realistic management system. When you sign for English team, you would usually get a budget and you talk with scouts etc, get what you want. When you sign for say Italian team, you would have to often go through sporting director, suggest them players you want or what kind of players you want or what kind of signing policy you want to follow... and quite often have the directors selling the players you are not really planning to sell and giving you players you hadn't asked for. And the more reputation, the more respect and trust you have, the more control you have over the things going on in the club.

For example, if you are relative unknown with not many achievements then your opinion will only matter lightly (if directors want to sell someone, you could give reasons why you want to keep him and then see if it makes them change their mind... if they still want to sell, tough luck, try suggest them a replacement and hope they listen to your advice there).

On other hand, if you have just won your team the Champions League, the players you've suggested for your team to sign turn out great (be it in your own team or in somebody else's) etc, then your voice is heard loud and clear and taken very much into account. Maybe eventually going as far as pretty much getting a role of a manager.

And could spice up the contract negotiations a bit. You'd have to risk a lot to try and get yourself a good situation to be a manager/coach. Much like real life. Making demands like I want to sign this player in summer, I want to have control over our scouting etc.

And as addition to that, this could also potentially open up the role for playing the game as sporting director (which wouldn't rule out the ability to be a manager either... see Leonardo irl).
    Last edited by Tanel; 08-02-2012 at 10:32.

Amateur

I would like the option of having my own agent to handle my wages, job rumours, approaches for me and contract talks.. where clubs can approach me and sound me out for management jobs
    "in secret". Quite often you run the risk of upsetting your chairman or fans and burning bridges by applying for other jobs!

I agree with Tanel on the Italian game. In England you should have the full control and manage.
    In the Italian game hand the technical director your requirements for players and they sign players for you!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Able.Ryder View Post
    Very good point!
    Good idea
    +1

Lurker

I have no idea how to use a forum so if I'm replying to someone's comment I'm sorry, anyway...
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before but what about timed substitutions? ie In the pre-match you tell your substitutes when you expect to bring them on. The closer you are to the specified time range when you bring them on, the more prepared they will be and the more likely they are to have an impact on the match. If you tell a sub you expect to use them and you don't, it lowers their morale.

Amateur

id love to have the option to ask retired players to come out of retirement

Part-Timer

Less mail!

For example, on the 16th of june I got 15 mails and failed te read them all (I do not have time for all of this.) I signed an ageing player who could really add something for my team, only to find out he has no WP. I then read all the mails and found out I got 1 mail to say he didn't get a WP, a second that he liked to sign and a third to confirm the deal. In previous FM's I had no problems with this, because you couldn't suign a player without his WP, now I'm stuck with someone I can't play and there's no point in loaning him out for three season, because he will retire before then.

Why can't these three mails be merged into one. I would certainly read them if tehre weren't so many of them.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tealtraum View Post
    The biggest idea that came to me during this year's iteration is the difference between training sessions. For example, managing a top level club, you have first team training, and you have youth team training. But reserves and first team have no differentiation. This year Ravel Morrison was training with the Man United first team, but was susbsequently dropped back to the reserve team training (and his reaction to this was basically the final straw in getting him sold).

Being able to have your first and reserve teams train seperately is more realistic, and also allows for more player interaction - for example, I might want to show Zeki Fryers that I have good faith in him, so I promote him to training with the first team, he gains a little confidence and benefits more from training with better players (an effect which is severely diluted if you try and make the whole reserve team train with the first team).

Likewise if a player isn't showing me enough in the first team, I can make him train with the reserves as a kind of punishment.
    Also the ability to press keepers. Even if I set my players to always close down the opposing keeper and show him to his weaker foot, the players automatically just ignore the keeper having the ball. It would be realistic to have your players chase balls passed back, try and force the keeper into errors or having to play the ball out etc...

There is also an issue where if I go on holiday between matches (which is essential for your sanity if you're managing a national side), you come back and find that a load of decisions from your mailbox have been made without your input. You should either have these pop up while loading-or be waiting when you come out. This can be really frustrating...

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by bluen05e View Post
    Sorry if this is a re-post of some ideas, I haven't checked ALL of the replies... I'd like to see:

1)Women's leagues - It would be great to be able to move from the women's game to the men's and vice-versa. Maybe the players could move too (i.e. women into the men's league, depending on league rules).

2)'Easy mode' - a mode that makes things a little less technical for users after a more 'simple' experience. Some more generic formations, bringing back the movement arrows and stripping back the trickier features (training/tactics/press etc).

3)Season start date - when the patch featuring Jan transfers is released a new start date for the leagues could be released. So Jan transfers and league positions were included in the game (along with managerial vacancies). So I can take over at a club struggling against relegation and try to keep them up.

4)A player manager feature would be cool too
    Had a good laugh at these three suggestions, if you can call them that. Can't say these taking off some how

Amateur

1) I think it could be a good idea to add a 'Team Navigation screen' similar to the one ol' PC Fútbol had. The current one does not allow very quick navigation, at least for me

2) While it is not necessary by any means, I'd like to see Testimonial Matches in the future. With this, Club Legends or players with Worldwide reputation could organize a match between two teams consisting of that player's friends. While IRL testimonial matches may include former players, including only active players should be enough

3) Average Points as a rule in the Editor
    Last edited by llDracoll; 12-02-2012 at 00:59.

Reserves
    I try to avoid saftey winks. If you're too dumb to get sarcasm then I hope you do feel insulted.

I have an idea for future versions of fm and wondered if anyone likes it.

Its only basic as i have just thought of it but what if upon joining a club, you were called into the boardroom to discuss the 'philosophy' of the club.

There would be 3 different philosophies which are ;

concentrate on youth- as a result you would get a low transfer/wage budget but the board will have less short term expectations of results ( so instead of promotion they might expect a midtable finish). They would also be more sympathetic when you ask for facility upgrades and more coaches.

Instant effect- You would get a large transfer/wage budget but heavy expectations to get results. The board would also be sympathetic to wage and transfer budget requests, as well as stadium expansions but would be less sympathetic to facilities and coaches.

balanced- a philosophy with no real bias towards any direction.

what do ya think?

Amateur

Also, I think the club reputation... the appeal for players should be far more flexible and realistic.

I've been playing with Hellas Verona for for 4 and half seasons now. In that time, I finished mid-table in Serie B, 2nd in Serie B, 9th in Serie A, 3rd in Serie A. I play one of the best football in whole of Europe, a squad that is extremely young, improving. In real life, everyone would be ******* all over this team (sorry for the expression) and young (or old) players would love to join it. I have meanwhile been chasing one Argentine winger from River Plate who should have every reason to join my club (young squad, clearly going places, in Champions League, well-managed... after all I have about 30 million in bank balance without selling any stars and I am ready to offer for him 10+15 million over 3 years), yet he doesn't want to because my club reputation is just National. I scored nearly 100 goals last season.

So

a) The rep should be far more flexible. There could possibly be two different reputations (one hidden). First is the historical and long-term reputation. This is for the teams that have stayed on the highest levels of the game for long time and therefore create a big fan-base and this helps you buy class players in say team like Liverpool even if they haven't played in CL for x number of years. The other would be short-term reputation - this helps teams that have made some remarkable improvements and seem to be going forward, using a lot of young players, playing attractive football etc. This ovbiously shouldn't make established world class player go to a team like mine is at the moment, but it should help attract talents (the Argentine I'm chasing is sort of an inbetween a talent and say Neymar-like star in South America).

b) You should also be able to convince people when negotiating. I cannot even talk to the player I am after. But surely a lot of transfer talks in real life involve around where the club is planning to go, how the player would feature in it (not just key player, first team and what other options we have now) etc.

Amateur

I've thought about this a lot, and I think that there could be more options when talking to loaned player from another club. I\ve just caught myself how I wanted to ask my star loan player if he wanted to stay with me permanently after the loan is finished, but I couldn't. Also, there is no 'talk to press' option, and I can't declare interest in him.

So, I think there could be some more questions under the 'transfer' section such as:

1. You have been a real revelation for the club, what do you think about joining us on permanent contract? (passionate, asserive, calm, cautious)
    2. You have been playing really well for us, what do you think about joining us at the end of your contract? (pass., ass., calm, caut.)
    3. You haven't fullfiled expectations since joining on loan, I'm thinkimg about terminating the deal. (agg., ass., calm, caut., rel.)
    4. You have been woeful for us since joining on loan, you're going back to your parent club! (agg., ass., rel.)

Just to get the picture how it could look like...
    www.serbian-fm.net
    Come on you Irons!

Amateur

In the tactics, you should be able to tell players to perform preffered moves.

For example, tell your wingers to "look for pass rather than attempting to score" and to "try tricks"...etc

This would really allow you to get your team playing the way you want.

Lurker

Coaching Staff Scouting?

I re-assess my whole Coaching Staff at the beginning of every new season to try and get the best quality that my funds and reputation will afford.

However, comparing my Backroom Staff's attributes with any potential new recruits always ends up in me printing out screen shots and making lists.

If SI could incorporate some of the features for scouting players, such as Comparisons - comparing your staff against your own and other team's staff, and Shortlists, giving a good visual platform as to who you are considering making an approach for, then managing your backroom staff will be easier, quicker and more realistic.

RTID
    Last edited by snibbedy; 13-02-2012 at 19:28.

Third Team

just got fed up of a game
    opposition scored from.
    direct free kick (i never score from these why should they so often?)
    kick off pass ball into net (no one tackles this happens far too often)
    play that started from a passback (defender passed ball back to keeper who fell on the ball to control it)
    and a corner
    fix these.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    I have an idea for future versions of fm and wondered if anyone likes it.

Its only basic as i have just thought of it but what if upon joining a club, you were called into the boardroom to discuss the 'philosophy' of the club.

There would be 3 different philosophies which are ;

concentrate on youth- as a result you would get a low transfer/wage budget but the board will have less short term expectations of results ( so instead of promotion they might expect a midtable finish). They would also be more sympathetic when you ask for facility upgrades and more coaches.

Instant effect- You would get a large transfer/wage budget but heavy expectations to get results. The board would also be sympathetic to wage and transfer budget requests, as well as stadium expansions but would be less sympathetic to facilities and coaches.

balanced- a philosophy with no real bias towards any direction.

what do ya think?
    I love that idea, it'd be good to actually have an interview with your prospective employer (Ive read this on the forums somewhere before) to set out your vision for the club

Reserves
    I try to avoid saftey winks. If you're too dumb to get sarcasm then I hope you do feel insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobBRFC View Post
    I love that idea, it'd be good to actually have an interview with your prospective employer (Ive read this on the forums somewhere before) to set out your vision for the club
    Thanks I think it would add more realism to the game ;)

Amateur

Two Basic UI Improvements that would make a Huge Difference

1. Change font sizes: Honestly SI, not everyone is still using 1280*720! This is so basic a feature for a text based game that I'm staggered its still not been implemented. Playing on a 24in 1920*1080 I have to move the screen closer to me just to play the game without a headache.
    2. Enable context sensitive scroll wheel controls: Again, FM is still living in a dark age of two button mice. I get RSI from time to time so I really notice it when I have to do unnecessary mouse work. A very simple feature that would address this would be to allow the scroll wheel to flick through players' pages, depending on the screen that got you there. Example - a player search brings up a list of players, rather than having to click a name, navigate to back button, click, navigate to name, click, navigate to back button etc etc... Instead just click on first player name, then scroll wheel down takes you through all the players in the list in turn. Or click on a name in on a team sheet, then scroll takes you through the team. Easy to implement, highly efficient, and can be quickly disabled by anyone that doesnt like it. Just seems like an absolute no brainer to me.

Amateur

I have two quite simple changes to recommend.

The first is a change to how the First Knockout Round is conducted for the Champions League (and presumably the Europa League). As it stands, I don't know which sides finished first and which finished second. How am I supposed to know the sides that I can face? The fix is simple: two coloumns - the right side should contain the teams who finished top, and the left should have the second-placed teams. The logic behind the placement is that teams who finish first are away for the first leg.

The second recommendation is a cosmetic change too. Whilst viewing my managerial achievements I'm greeted with lines of text, which somewhat takes away from any sense of 'pride'. Why doesn't the achievement window mimic the layout for a club's history? I think there would be more satisfaction in seeing silhouettes for the trophies you have won. The same could happen for awards quite easily. I can accept that text would be necessary for describing managerial movement. If the manager hasn't won anything, then why not have a breakdown for each competition they've participated in? In the same way that you can see where a club exited the FA Cup, you should be able to see a best overall performance for each competition and then a chronological list on demand.
    Last edited by Thomasmc135; 18-02-2012 at 14:31.

Amateur

No idea if this has been mentioned before, but i'll post this anyways.

I would like being able to decide when to start a job when offered (for example saying that i wanna join at the end of the current season instead of suddenly leaving). This also for AI managers, so that manager movements are a bit more realistic (quite some times managers say they leave at the end of the season, giving the clubs the time to get a replacement that can start at the moment the current coach will leave).

I know that at the moment there sometimes are caretaker managers appointed, but i'd like to see this more often (mostly seeing it at bigger clubs, often when a coach get fired his assistant for example takes over for the remainder of the season, at least thats the case in Holland).

It'd also solve the issues with AI managers suddenly moving to a job to a lower ranked team in the league (manager overperforming with a team, then at 75% of the season suddenly moving to a less performing, higher reputation club). Basicly giving AI Managers the awareness that they are doing great with the current team, hence no reason to move.
    Last edited by T-IceMan; 19-02-2012 at 11:47.

Amateur

I'd like to be able to add set piece instructions in player's profiles, to create instant PPM at set pieces if you like, so that these will be their "default" instructions in tactics. Once in tactics, you will be able to override them and have them do something else if you like, if you have too many people doing the same thing, or too few in your free-kick wall. In real life if you had Ibrahimovic subbed for Robinho for example, and you'd had Ibra challenging the keeper at corners, you wouldn't have to tell Robinho he shouldn't be attempting the same thing. In the game, he'd come on with his default set piece instructions, which would be different from those of Ibra.

Third Team

proper AI development of players, buying a player that has PA is useless when the club hold on to them until they are 20-25 and leave them in reserves.
    sometimes you get lucky and they are developed (a 19 pace welbeck out of man utd was a nice surprise)

the single set piece instructions could be an issue, i have 2 players with decent long throws, if i could set indivdual instructions for throw ins they both would have the same instruction, as they have only ever played together for about 10 minutes a season and do the exact same job (defence). so if both were together then what?

Amateur

A much improved network game! This can be done by:
    - A less laggy UI. Waiting 2-10 seconds every time you click on a player\team\anything really is very annoying. I suspect this is due to the clients having to ask the server for info every time you click on something. Why can't the client have their own database stored locally and just updated every time something changes (this could be done in the background). Which brings me to my next point:
    - Less clicks per day. Why do we need to click continue 5+ times a day? One "continue" a day would suffice for most non-match days.
    - The ability to search for players\staff or do anything else while on holiday. The game could go on in the background while I could look at players etc.(but not interact with them in any way).

Third Team

proper comparisons in scouting reports, if i scout a player i want to know if he has potential to be better then player that fits that role.
    rather then me scouting some new gen with good acceleration and pace, and he gets compared to the best striker at the squad... who is my DLF and therfore comparison is useless to me.

Amateur

I would like to be asked in a press conference about the coach of the next/previous opposition, who is one of my ex-players, or even ex-member off my staff.
    It would be nice to see something like:

- "How do you feel meeting your former player/coach"
    - "Do you fear he knows everything about you as a manager and he will take that to his advantage in the next match?"
    - "<Head Coach name> declared that he has learned a lot from <Me>; How do you see him as a manager? As a manager, will he ever match the things achieved as a player?"
    - "After grabbing the win in your last meeting, do you thing that your former student will achieve more than you as a manager?", like the student who outclasses his professor.
    - etc.

Amateur

I know these have been mentioned before but I thought I'd mention them again to add weight to the requests.

I'd like to be able to bring my (entire or a select few) backroom staff to a new club should I decide to move. I know I'd be able to do that if i offered each and every one an individual contract, but wouldn't it be easier if you could request that your backroom staff are brought to your new club when you are offered a contract?

Also, and this is one I'd most like to see, I think it would be great if you could declare your interest in managing in another country, or at another club. Talk to the press and tell them "One day I'd love to manage in <enter country here>" which would alert clubs in that country, possibly making them offer you a contract in one, two, three years time.

Amateur

When you put younger players on the loan list who you want to gain first team experience for a whole season you should be able to bring up a page with the list of your players you've made available for loan and then next to them it should say which affiliated clubs they're willing to go on loan to and if they'll get first team football or not and not be some bench warmer all season... if they are unsure of the loan deal you should be able to interact with them and say im sending you on loan to Ipswich Town as i feel you will get alot of playing time under your belt which will do wonders for your development.

i hate being a premier league club signing a hot prospect and not being able to loan them out to an affiliated club as they have no intention of going on loan.. should be able to persuade them.

Amateur

i think since last year SI made so much more money using steam there should be definatly a option to build and expand the facilitys and stadion in some sort of visual way (meaning 3D)... all the talk about "its not the managers job" is so low, its 2013 who cares if it's the managers job or not? its a game, if its not your job, nobody ask you to make use of that option, same for the "attribute masking" etc... and all the "we dont want a T.C.M. copy".. i mean if they got "good" ideas or ideas that are fun... why not take them? in the end haters gonna hate.. no matter how good of a job you gonna do with the 2013..

and maybe to make it a "touch" more realistic, you may can buy parts of the club with your own money you gain from the contract... so you at least get a chairman board to expand the stadium or start some sort of voting on a decision or something...

of even become the owner/chairman some time... so you get to expand the stadium or something your own way... its just so much more fun to play to have more options

Third Team

I would prefer to see SI invest the extra income in additional programmers to develop a much more realistic match engine & more challenging AI managers.

Pretty Stadiums - needless fluff
    Investing your own money buying real estate for the club - not even close to realistic
    Become a club owner - This is football manager, not football club tycoon.

If these are the sort of areas that interest you the most then there are already products on the market that focus on them.

Amateur

you do forget if you make the AI and engines more and more "realistic" it takes up processing time and if you dont wanna wait for 2 minutes to pass one day, its not gonna get any more better than this probably...the processing time needs to be reasonable in order to keep playing... its very complicated

such as programming layout for stadions or private part of the game is much easier to do and adds extra game options to keep people interested...

not to mention the sales numbers would shoot trough the roof if football manager would be any near T.C.M. option wise... which would give em even more money to make your game more realistic... but whatever... iam not the guy behind the buisness model of SI games

Third Team

I think you're over-estimating the market share that T.C.M had & it's successor FIFA Manager has.

As for longer processing times the game will just have to leave behind support for older architecture which is something SI used to do, I remember playing CM3 on a 667Mhz Pentium III based PC but when CM4 was released I had to accept that it was no longer up to the task & the time to replace had arrived.

I upgraded in 2007 & thanks to a small windfall I went for a major upgrade in 2009.

Now nearly 5 years on & my old Q6600 would still be happily able to cope with FM12 but back in 2009 what would have been a 5 year old P4 system would have struggled with the latest game.
    Last edited by Barside; 21-02-2012 at 19:15.

Amateur

Transfer deadline day is massive in R/L, so think this should be a massive in the next football manager. Even the last week of the transfer window should be alot more busy than the start.

Deadline day - Loads of roumors, reporters asking questions, deals falling through at last minute, deals going through at last minute, players registration not going through on time, waiting on results of medicals, Clubs offering and bidding on players. Clubs offering more money for players. Agents getting more involved, media asking questions etc.

Amateur

actually T.C.M. / Fifa Manager series is struggling for the last 2+ years heavily on the sales... because 90% of the users are aware that if you buy a original copy of the game, the bugs are unbearable... you need to wait at least 3 or 4 patches to get the game somewhere near "working"... i keep track of the german forums for FIFA manager the game alone is complete joke the bugs in the original versions are of epic proportions, facility upgrades that cauz critical errors.. rooney playing as right defender.. Raul put up as defensive mitfielder this goes on and on trough out the whole game its one big mess

the release date of fifa manager series is when the game price drops 50% and the final patch is released.. thats when you can think about "playing" the game...

therefore football manager is the one and only options of the genre but for most football fans out there its just 2 complicated, the tutorial is nice is year sure but the overall layout and game handling can be very frustrating and dissapointing if you are not very handy on the webz and look up for some actually "working" tactics and training schedules you have a near to 0 chance to be as successful as you might want to be

there are countless threads where people seemingly "cant win" because they are using default strategies or some they just created in a minute or two via tactic creator, there should be some kind of overall "understanding" from the assistant side where he tells you in the backroom why your tactic is failing so hard or something along those lines.. this might be a good point for a future idea ;-)

Third Team

You're last paragraph is a good idea, would certainly help make the game less daunting for newer players or those who struggle to come up with a good tactical approach although I think it should be an on/off feature so that it does not become an obtrusive annoyance for more experienced players

Amateur

There should be Women's league in FM.

Also I think you should be able to add favourite personel when adding new manager.

Youth Team

Does the manager of the Gents team manage the Ladies team?

I don't think so. Not sure what that would add. The database is already quite large with a majority of the semi-pro and professional players.

I'm not aware of any women footballers that play professional football at the same level as professional men play at.

Not having a dig, but I think it's just that they're not good enough to play at the same level. I'm sure in the future there will be women footballers playing in the same leagues alongside men, but I don't see it happening soon.

Amateur

Only thing I want is Steam Cloud support.

Amateur

they should add training camps to the game... and let you select who you gonna take to the camp and who not..etc

its quite stunning that this is football manager !!2012!! theres still no training camps... i can feel the hate of all the "ITS NOT THE MANAGERS JOB" dudes breathing down my neck for this post :P

Third Team

Are you just picking out features from FIFA that aren't in FM?

I actually think training camps could be introduced but only for the biggest clubs as even mid-table Premier league sides will do all their pre-season work at home with the occasional trip to the local Army base if their manager is an old school fitness freak, linking it to an overseas pre/mid-season tour would be the likely way to go with this.

It would probably be more useful (and realistic) for international managers prior to a major tournament.

As an after thought you'd also have to consider what if any additional benefit is gained from having an overseas training camp as opposed to just training at home, clubs spend a fortune on state of the art facilities for a reason.
    Last edited by Barside; 23-02-2012 at 17:29.

Amateur

The FML was training camps.

Amateur

I can't find a thread that covers 'what you don't want to see in the next game' so I'm posting this here

STEAM!

Amateur

It would be great if you could have databases for previous versions of the game. i.e loading the FM 2009 database and being able to play it in FM 13. I for one would love that.

Amateur

do activities with the players/fans/both to raise chemistry and morale

Amateur

Probably already said, but saying it again won't hurt : Better management of feeder clubs

I would like to ask the Board, in what continent / zone looking for a affiliated club.
    Search in South America. I would like an Italian affiliation. Go for Asia. etc...

cheers

Amateur

the second last team of the poland second division (Polonia Bytom) are actually in Turkey (like every year) now, because winter in east europe is very snowy and if you dont have the facilities and funds unlike enligh clubs, the only option is to leave the country to get some good training and preperation done

so to be as "realistic" as possible, it should be an option in football manager i think

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by haunted1234 View Post
    the second last team of the poland second division (Polonia Bytom) are actually in Turkey (like every year) now, because winter in east europe is very snowy and if you dont have the facilities and funds unlike enligh clubs, the only option is to leave the country to get some good training and preperation done

so to be as "realistic" as possible, it should be an option in football manager i think
    Basically any team which has the resources for it, should be allowed to. The board can set limits on how far away they can go, and how many players you can bring etc. ... but many danish top league sides (and some wealthier second tier sides) go for training camps in Turkey and Spain mainly during winter break.

Amateur

Harsher team talks, sick of saying "im not happy with that peformance". Just gets boring, should be more like " you're dropped for the next game" or " Why did you even bother turning up today".

I just want my players to feel my hate after playing ****.

Amateur

Player search - ask assistant manager to exclude players that were already scouted.

Amateur

Default on finances

I'm not sure my ideas will be accepted into community, but here goes.

1. More restrictive transfer and wages control.

In fm, we can practically sign whatever amount of players we can, subject to transfer budget and wage budget. We can sell whoever we want to sell also. In negotiating, we are restricted by the board, but it still we that negotiate.
    In my point of view, that is not what happening in real life.

In real life, different managers have different amount of control. Jose Mourinho have complete control in Madrid, something that previous Madrid's manager don't have. Raineri at Inter has a little say over who is bought and sold.

In order to reflect real life, I suggest an implementation over these ideas :
    There are different types of control of finances (including but not exhaustive of transfer and wages) for different managers. For simplicity some of these may be implemented like below :
    a. Complete control. This is exactly as FM2012.
    b. Complete say in which players to buy and sell. This level allows manager to do exactly as FM2012, so we can tell who to buy, but no negotiating with players. In selling, you can say no and like in FM2012, most of the time chairman agrees like in FM2012. Also, the manager can give pointers to board about how to negotiate, such as 'offer this player highest contract you can' or 'break the bank to sign him'. The board may not agree with the pointers.
    c. Less control. You only have chance to say what you need, for example : 'a young playmaker who has bags of potential'. In selling, you have only your opinion to give to chairman and saying 'not for any amount, he is a key player'.
    d. No control. You don't have any right to influence chairman in managing transfers and wages. You are given the squad and your job is to make the most of it.

In new game or accepting new roles, you can negotiate which control you would like to have. Please note that this idea does not remove chairman accepting 'offer they cannot refuse and takes matter into their own hands' even you have complete control.

2. More accurate finance system
    In 2013 and beyond, the financial fair play system will be taken into account. As we know already, it follows using accounting data and calculating the accounting profit. However, the accounting profit and cash flow (total cash you have from day to day operations) is not exactly the same. The data that we have on finance tab is by no means profit, but more so, a cash flow statement.

I suggest that accounting record (at least the balance sheet) is added in clubs' finance tab so that we know the finances better.

3. Lifestyle costs
    While I don't agree to using the money to buy something like in 'other football management game', at least cost of life can be used using a simple number cost. That way if you are running short of money, you have more incentives to take better paid jobs. After all, the goal of some managers in their life is not to create a successful clubs, but to make money for a living, isn't it?

Amateur

Transitional periods.

When you build teams of 16-19 year olds they will eventually become too old to perform effectively, leading to an overhaul of the squad. However, if you have been dominating, the game expects you to continue doing so without failure. As we see quite often in real life, this is unrealistic and the upper echelon understand the need for reform.

I'd like the option to tell the board that this will be occurring so that the expectations are lowered.
    Last edited by Thomasmc135; 28-02-2012 at 15:58.

Amateur

^ definitely like that idea

Amateur

Players can announce that they are retiring at the end of the season, I think it'd be good especially if you are a long serving manager to be able to announce that you are leaving (if not retiring) at the end of the season - perhaps the game could include more tributes to you as the season reaches it's end etc (or people trying to make you stay) culminating in your final match in charge. Irl it would be a big deal if you were a legend, so I think it should be a big thing in the game (and if you go back as national team boss in the future).

On a separate managerial topic, when you've been at a club a long term, you're probably being paid well and have a large budget too. When you get offered another job (too rare does that hapen anyway imo for a management game) the salary is always in my experience lower, and the budget smaller. Surely if you are the top boss in the game there should be some ambitious oligarch willing to pay you the GDP of a small nation and give you a huge budget to try to convince you to come and make his team the best, for the prestige of having a huge name signing if nothing else. Surely not many would leave for less money?

Amateur

I would like to see new manager hiring system. For example I am starting my game in Serbia, only loaded those leagues and I am doing very good for a few years, constantly lifting trophies etc. It isnt possible now, but I would like to be somehow seen by clubs in countries I have not loaded in the start and there would be a possibility of them sending me offer to join them. It would make game much much better and realistic.

Amateur

i just thought of it now

but it would be neat if you could import tactics into the game, so AI will pick them up and use them, so the game would be a harder challange, so the AI does not only use the standard tactics only

Third Team

what about an area containing tactics of the most successful managers.

what is needed is the correct way to sign other clubs staff... and to approach the club for permission to talk to the staff member first.

Amateur

I have a question: The suggestions are still open to FM 2013 or SI are decided the features?

Amateur

better training system!!
    with shedule, ect. it's a football manager games! focus on this! even fifa manager got a better one, what a shame.

Amateur

I want to be able to choose which club/country I want to apply for during holiday mode

Amateur

I have a few ideas, but not sure if any have been mentioned before.

The first one I would love to see is interviews with the board before getting a job.
    I think you should be able to have an interview in kind of like a board interaction style meeting in which you outlay plans or at least long term objectives, tell them what kind of football you'll be bringing to the club and other questions I haven't thought of yet.
    I think it would add to the sense of achievement when you actually get a job rather than just holidaying and waiting. Maybe even be able to ask the board questions some how so you know what they are expecting in more detail/more long term.
    In real life you hear a lot about manager relationships with the board/chairman, it would be good to get it more involved within the game to.

Another idea is maybe adding in a press interview after you have resigned or been sacked from a job.
    Outlining why you quit, or your view on why you were sacked with the aim of bigging yourself up for your next job.
    You often hear about managers being sacked for no apparent reason (Lee Clarke for one), would be good to be able to come and have a moan.

Also think that the way you receive training reports needs to go into more detail.
    It would be good to know exactly how players are training week by week so you can give them a rollocking rather than relying on a generic coach report to show you a sliding bar or just have the players say they are either happy or unhappy with training levels.
    Not sure how this could be done, but I think it's an area that could be improved.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by k700i View Post
    I would like to see new manager hiring system. For example I am starting my game in Serbia, only loaded those leagues and I am doing very good for a few years, constantly lifting trophies etc. It isnt possible now, but I would like to be somehow seen by clubs in countries I have not loaded in the start and there would be a possibility of them sending me offer to join them. It would make game much much better and realistic.
    I think you have answered your own question there. The reason you don't get the offers is because you haven't loaded the other leagues. What would be the point in other teams sending you an offer if you couldn't accept it? There is a fix to your problem: Load up more leagues.

Amateur

I'd like to see greater flexibility on the tactics page for formations. I know you can set how deep players sit but I would like to be able to drag and drop players to more positions. At the moment, it locks the players to too few areas. For example I would like to be able to drag van Persie slightly closer to midfield behind another striker without making him an AMC and the position changing to one that is supposedly unfamiliar to him.

Here is a visual example: http://www.footballuser.com/349287/Arsenal

Amateur

i would like to see no crash dumps, that's seriously annoying !

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by antbonc View Post
    I'd like to see greater flexibility on the tactics page for formations. I know you can set how deep players sit but I would like to be able to drag and drop players to more positions. At the moment, it locks the players to too few areas. For example I would like to be able to drag van Persie slightly closer to midfield behind another striker without making him an AMC and the position changing to one that is supposedly unfamiliar to him.

Here is a visual example: http://www.footballuser.com/349287/Arsenal

Name a position that doesn't already exist?

In FM positions aren't set in stone, they are a general guideline of the area of the field the player should work in. In your example van Persie is still a ST simply with more supporting/creative orders.

Lurker

While playing FM, I’ve had an idea that may or may not have occurred to the team. I think it would be a great and quite innovative feature if the user had the possibility to click on the area where he’d like a player to pass the ball. Indeed, for example, sometimes your team is counterattacking and there are 3 players against only 1 defender + the goalkeeper, but the player in possession shoots with no angle and fails, which is really annoying as he could have passed the ball for a perfect (and very obvious/realistic) assist!
    Besides, I think it would be fun to kind of “assist” the players at times, thereby also taking risks, in case of interception for example (but there’d be no one to blame but yourself ;)).
    This way we’d be watching the game even more carefully and be even more active in the game.
    Tell me what you think of that.

Third Team

Only cosmetic, but I'd like to see them added into future FM's.

1. On the preview screen on the matchday, a little message about the last result between the 2 teams.
    I know we have the little 'past meeting' stats thing, before you submit your team and go to the match screen.
    But once you get a few seasons in, it's hard to know what the last result/score was with this.

Maybe something on the match screen preview page like

" The last time these two met, Burnley ran out 3-0 winners at Vicarage Road in the Competition Name (Championship, FA Cup, League Cup)"

Or even add the season the last time they played, (if it's a cup game against a team in another League that you have not played for a long time. Or if you have been relegated/promoted)
    " The last time these two met, was in the 2014-15 season. The match finished in a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford in the Premier League"

And with the 3-0 scoreline bit a clickable link, that takes you to that match overview screen from that result. (so you can remind yourself who scored/ attendance/ any red cards etc, and same with the comptetition name, a clickable link that takes you to the League Table/ or Cup overview.

Somthing like this:

Obviously with smaller/smoother font similar to all the other font. (my cut/pasting and paint skills are poor )
    When you click on the 3-0, it would take you here: http://i.imgur.com/mGIEq.jpg

Atm I find myself getting to the match screen, and forgetting what the previous score was (especially on long term saves, towards the 2nd part of the season) so I'm clicking away from the match clicking on my fixtures/ scrolling up and checking the previous result to remind myself what happened. It would be easier/ user friendly if it was on the match preview screen.. with clickable link to remind yourself.

2. When it's gusty/ windy, I'd like the corner flag graphics to move about in the wind, and the ball to noticeably sway/drift in the wind when it's kicked long up in the air. And maybe the player's hair/shirts to move about abit from time to time.
    When it's gusty/windy on the match engine atm, it just look's like any other normal game. You don't get the feeling that it's windy whatsoever... everything is still like a normal day.

3. I'd like there to be a little popup box when a substitution is made, with the player name's that are going off/coming on in the pop box.. when playing with extended/full match highlights. I already started a thread about this before FM12 was released:
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post6860756
    Last edited by Barkermush; 02-03-2012 at 14:10.

Amateur

Possibly a bit of a pointless change, but what's kind of annoyed me over the last few FM editions is the use of generated computer images for newly generated players within the game. The whole 'face in the game' thing a few years ago (2006 or 2007 was it?), kept the continuity of faces, and just made it feel a bit more real. May have been mentioned previously, and for all I know there could have been privacy issues with it?

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

Okay, some new ideas and some that I already posted:

Sound Overhaul:
    When I play in front of 100 fans I want to hear that! And not a 10,000 crowd that has been turned to 25% of its original volume. That would make the lower leagues so much more fun to play.

Scouting Improvements:
    - Right now a scout can do a report on 5 players from different clubs in like 3 days, with exact attributes. They didn't even have a match... Okay, you could argue that he could have watched videos of them playing but still... Scouting is too easy and in reality, players are usually scouted for a long time before they are being signed. I also wish that scouts would overjudge or underjudge a player's potential depending on their current form.

Transfer Overhaul:
    - The market value for players should be more based on their average ratings. I always hate to see that some Arsenal/Chelsea youth players are worth 6 million despite having played 1 match in the first team and my 21-year-old top striker who scored 25 goals (and 20 goals last season) in Germany is only valued 3 million :-S
    - AI Clubs should buy more players with high average ratings in the past seasons rather than splashing the cash on a 15-year-old 200* PA regen that hasn't even played for the youth team of his very small club yet
    - The AI should make more "human" bids. So the first bid should be at face value and when you reject, they come back with a better offer. Right now, the AI withdraws 90% of their offers if I try to renegotiate them. In all honesty, THEY want the player, so they shouldn't expect to get him for his market value. At the moment I don't really see the difference between "slight" and "huge" interest in a player.

Smaller additions:
    - Dynamic rivalries: Depending on geographical distance between clubs, whether they are in the same league and past events (competing for the same table positions for some years, Manager A insulted Manager B, Club A won cup final against Club B...)
    - Name Editor: Users should be able to add surnames to the game so that long term games are more enjoyable. We already had a lot threads where people moaned that the surnames for their home country are too limited.
    - a hall of fame: A page where all of your club's (ex-)players are listed with appearances, goals, assists, years at the club and transfer fee in and out.
    - It would be nice if you could assign your scouts to clubs
    - You can let your players focus on improving one skill. How about improving the weaker foot?
    - Custom views: I would like to have a column where I can enter my own notes about a player. And then be able to sort the views by this notes-column
    - Tell the reserve coach which players to field

Amateur

I'd just love to be able to have a proper connection with fans, players, staff and the club as a whole if that makes sense. I find that when I have built up a club for years and made it successful
    and I leave for whatever reason or get fired then that's that. It just feels a waste of time and no 'emotion' behind anything. Just another 'meh' moment.
    I want to be able to speak to the fans, build a better relationship with players and staff and just to ask who I should sign etc.
    Maybe as you go further into the game the game will take screen-shots of 'special' moments like winning trophies and when you leave, get fired or retire you get a sort of storyboard to look back at your game
    Would love something like this implemented into the game. Just be amazing.

Amateur

A custom name generator.

This would be relatively easy to achieve using the same database that regen players and staff get their names from. I don't always want to play a game using my real name but, then again, I don't want to have to use third-party sites.

Oh, and I'd like to be able to add clubs to my 'favourite clubs' list. Yes, we can do this at the start with one club, but I develop an affinity to the clubs as I play with them.
    Last edited by Thomasmc135; 06-03-2012 at 17:58.

Amateur

I would really like there to be post-tournament win celebrations. Like with winning the CL, have the team celebrate in front of the fans for a short while and then have the medal presentation. It would be a nice visual reward for accomplishing a big win. Of course for those who don't want to watch it there could be a skip or continue option.

Closed Thread
Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast