Last edited by Unknown Hacker; 10-11-2011 at 21:00.
im also with Erimus.....SI should be employing this guy
I said it in the other thread and ill say it here, i think Erimus's idea is quite good but most likely completely impracticable, i dont think any of those would be things changeable with a slider or number, i would imagine its a lot more complicated than that. I would be happily proved wrong tho
Better control over players lateral positioning. If i want a WM in a 442 to augment the midfield when we have possession, it's difficult to achieve as he tends to drift high and has no discipline. I essentially want him to create a midfield triangle with the 2 MC's, but he will always act rigidly like a WM. Similarly, there are known issues with MC's and DC's playing too narrowly in certain formations (eg. 41212 and 3-5-2).
The ability to change shape in and out of possession needs to be there, which, if we're to assume the default formation is 'out of possession', then there needs to be better 'in possession' movement, especially laterally. Personally i am ignorant to as why the movement arrows couldn't have been retained in a more limited form, that is, so you can only move up/down/left/right by one position instead of all over the place. I appreciate the absurd combinations people used to exploit the AI, and the mechanical nature of the movement, but this flexibility has not yet been fully replaced.
I do appreciate this is not easy, yet it is a key aspect missing from the tactical side of the game, which is the most interesting and important for many users i'd expect.
Erimus is a beautiful person.
I am with Erasmus as stated in the other thread. Something MUST be done by the developers very soon! Just let us manage the AI's ability, that's all I personally want. If I can make him as smart as me and my assistants, then I'd love FM again.
[QUOTE=Unknown Hacker;7296028]I personally think that the addition of this feature would go some way to killing a little bit of the realism factor which FM has. QUOTE]
how on earth could it be killing realism? its up to you if you want to go into it and change stuff.most games have ini files that you can tweak to change certain things so why not FM!!!
Great idea by Erimus
Looking for improvements in the human manager's input into reserves matches.
Say, for example, you have a key player coming back from injury. He needs match fitness before a vital fixture. You put him in the reserves to get fit and the assman doesn't play him. Or he plays him for 90 minutes, leaving him knackered for the weekend. You can instruct a world famous international manager half way round the world to give your player 45 minutes in a friendly, but you can't ask your own assistant to come into your office to do the same thing.
Probably been mentioned but: Getting praised/criticised for tactics by press/fans
For example, say you're in charge of Man City and you go 4-5-1 all of a sudden, results don't go your way etc, the press should be able to ask in press conferences & post stories about how the tactics may have an effect, and if you do change from a bad formation to a new one, they praise you with a change of system, likewise with fans.
However, if this was implemented, you would have to consider alot, a 4-5-1 isn't necessarily defensive and all that jazz... But would be a cool addition I think nevertheless, adds realism, especially from the fans side of things
Dynamic Ticket Prices
Ticket Prices should be determined by the board (maybe to make it interactive, decision effected with the "helpful suggestion from the manager(you)") based on the current status of the club, quality(league level), opposition, form and the competitions they are in.
Because at the moment they are static. This means it doesn't change despite what happens to a club, which is an issue if a club from a lesser league (Like the Polish league) improved drastically from game start(thus meaning having to pay more wages/transfers/etc.), they would need regular European success to make profits as the profits they make from ticket sales simply is not enough.
One thing I would love to see in future FM's, with the addition of adding and removing leagues, is the ability to be offered jobs/apply for jobs in countries that are not active in your game yet.
Say for example, I don't have Italy running and I am offered the job at Juventus, I could accept the job and then either a) the game processes the league season up until that point, or b) I take over the job at the end of the season. As things stand, if I wanted to manage in Italy, I would have to load up the Italian league and wait for the end of the season to find out what teams are available to manage.
I would love to be able to view teams that are available to manage from around the world, where I don't have the leagues active.
Also, I would love to see actual club grounds. I fear this may be a long way off and have a lot of issues with licensing and the amount of time it would take to code a ground for every team in the world.
I just hate playing as Guiseley and seeing them have a generic four sided ground affair. I mean, have you ever been to Nethermoor. Nothing like the in-game stadium.
* Managers moving AT THE END OF THE SEASON... so you could finally accept a contract at a better club without being forced to jump ship in the middle of the season leaving unfinished business and as if you were sneaking out of an ugly one-night-stand's bedroom...
* Save % stat for keepers! 15 conceded in 15 matches with 3 clean sheets mean nothing unless I know how many shots he has faced... If it's 15 goals in 150 shots he's a monster, if it's 15 goals in 30 he's a dud...
* "Don't show this player again" option for scouting/player search... The alleged "4* PA striker" is actually good enough for free-style exhibitions or would be more suitable for a track&field career, so I wish my scouts would stop throwing his report on my table...
* More detailed filters for Agent Offers.. like "max age"
Option to somehow continue playing a save game from previous fm in the new FM.
Let's say a save game from fm2012 to be playable in fm 2013...
Each version of the game is different to the last & any backwards compatibility would stall much needed improvements in other areas of the game.
i'm still on FM2011, so apologies if any of this has been implemented for 2012.
1 - more interaction options with your players. for starters, most of the options are greyed out more often than not. but especially when a player is unhappy. i.e. they say "the club is underachieving" or "there is a lack of discipline in the squad" usually you're only options are to go toe to toe with the guy and often ends up in a transfer request. not that this will never happen, but aside from the occasional (but usually only available about a quarter of the time) "i'll change the way i do things around here" option, there should be "i agree we aren't playing to our full potential, and i'll be shaking things up at the selection table" etc,.
2 - being able to stress you still place an importance of a player despite them not playing well... "i need you to perform better. you're one of my key players and whilst i won't be dropping you any time soon, i need more from you. i need you to be a match winner, not just playing ok."
3 - following on from this, the ability to tell younger players of you're long term plan for them. especially at big clubs, very few 19 year old can expect to be a permenant first team member. it won't always satisfy them, but another avenue (aside from loans) of keeping younger guys happy who are getting disgruntled who aren't getting first team action. "i know it's frustrating but as a younger member it's going to be hard to get a permenant spot over the course of this season. However, at your age i see such a scope for improvement that within 12 to 18 months i think you will be will entrenched in the starting line up"
4 - more various questions from the media. i know this will build up over the different versions so probably not much to see here but they do get repeitive after a time
5 - what happened to being able to talk to the media about one of your own players?? i seem to have missed this. unless they ask specifically about your player than you can't praise them in the media (unless i just can't find it)
6 - why is pretty much every option for talking to the press about an opposition manager greyed out. and there is virtually no way of talking down an opposition club via the media. you can usually only talk about your dislike of the manager.
7 - is there a way to sign a player directly into the reserves squad?? every player i sign comes into the senior squad, and when i move him into the reserve squad he gets unhappy despite the fact i've signed him as a backup.
8 - a more subtle approach to dropping guys from seniors to reserves. rather than "i'm your manager and what i say goes" something like "unfortunately other players in the club have moved in front of you in the pecking order and i need you to prove me wrong"... occasionally you get the option to say "perform in the reserves and you'll get a run" but not always... and also be able to tell a player that despite improved performances in the reserves, you still have others (and be able to select those players from a check box) in front of him. a player still stays unhappy when not getting a run but a reasonable professonial player may see sense if you can explicitly state the players in front of them in the selection order.
9 - more team talk options rather than just "do it for the fans", "expect to win", "no pressure"..... how about stressing the importance of some fixtures (and if you use these all the time they lose meaning).... i.e. 2 games to go and you're got a 1 point lead for the last european spot... "this match is season defining lads. i need one huge effort"... even better if it could be done dynamically in the last 8 or so games of the year.... "we are only one point above a relegation spot. we can't let this slip."....
10 - squad talks out of the game. being able to get a whole squad together after a bad loss, or a huge win over a big rival and try and get the whole club pumped to keep going or pick up the pieces... "it's only one loss, don't let it ruin our season".... "we know we could've started this season better, but lets use that win over chelsea on the weekend to kick start the season"
11 - training. at the start of the game (with the ability to change at any point) you have either two training options. the current one. or a more sopshisticated micro managed training where you can target particular attributes, and set up specific sessions for maybe half a dozen guys. yes the current one targets specific skill sets, but this would just be more detailed. probably not for everyone so have option for current one or a more detailed.
12 - got this off here but second the person that said basically writing off a cup competition at the start of the season, particularly the League Cup (england) and equivalents by saying you will only be fielding a second string side for it.
13 - better interaction with the fans. i don't know if this plays a big role in you're job security with the board but it needs a bit of looking at. particularly after a good win with several back up players in "the fans were delighted with the performance of xx and yy and can't see how aa and bb will get back into the team..." except that aa and bb are the regular players who were getting rested for that game against last spot on the ladder.
14 - scouts, coaches etc,. having differing opinions to each other. almost every scout returns the exact same opinion of a player, and whenever you get backroom advise, i've never once seen the assistant manager disagree with it... which is obviously just not a realisitc thing as people always have differing opinion's on sporting matters.
once again, another great game. used to post on here under another handle but was several years ago and can't remember it. keep pu the good work. hsa been responsible for me losing many hours over the years.
Last edited by shamelessdave; 19-11-2011 at 06:23.
Just go back to FM2010 !
Everything was right about that version, except, of course, for the "unveiling" (oo..er..)of new players media wanks, which I skip anyway.
The changes through the last two versions are turning the game into a turgid, bum and mind numbing slog !
The ability to shortlist potential staff members.
I think there needs to be a change to the press conferences. The questions are so repetitive it gets boring. I send my assistant because of it.
I'd like video uploads to have a Score bar. Plus also show Agg scores. Plus show scorer. As you would in any highlight reel.
Staff contracts handled by someone else, or a faster way to renew them.
Career dream team where we choose starting eleven for players managed over our career. (300 games managed minimum)
I will like to see some changes to AI buying and selling players
I hope the AI will notice the match performace of the players instead of just the CA or PA
And I will like to see the value of the player be directly related to his match performance
I suppose it is only correct that the value of the player shoots up if he performs well on the football field
I hope the AI will notice players who have scored lots or goals or made lots of assist or who have a very high match rating
This will allow the AI noticing the human players who are performing well but who might have low CA or PA
Apologies if these have been mentioned but a few ideas ive had for FM13:-
Ideas for FM13
1) Fans leaving ground early when home side is losing heavily at home.
2) Designing kits when you get a new sponsorship deal (or 3rd kit) if this contravenes current sponsor rights etc.
3) Quick way of getting your keeper in oppositions box at a corner in last few minutes of a game.
4) Players booked for time wasting in last few minutes of a game.
5) Minor (Non League) sides asking to switch a Cup Tie to maximise revenue for them. You can either agree or say no or the FA could intervene.
6) The generated faces of the scouts/physios etc always seem very young. Maybe generate older looking faces to make it more realistic.
7) Players actually retiring but then having a change of heart 6 months later and want to carry on playing maybe in a lower league.
8) Referees admitting they made a mistake over a red card and it being rescinded or changed to a yellow.
9) Main 2/3 goalkeepers out injured during the transfer window so option to ask FA for special dispensation to sign an experienced keeper on loan.
10) After several warnings/fines from FA over complaining about decisions maybe a ban from the touchline so youre assistant has to make the decisions for those games.
1, 3, 7, 8 (FA overturn rather than ref apologise), 9 & 10 are already in the game, 5 cannot be done in the UK (only the Police can ask for a match to be moved). #4 should be introduced & as I do not use facegen I couldn't care either way on #6.
Edit: My own suggestion; dedicated servers for online games, for far too long clan games have been the forgotten child of FM, has there really been any marked improvement from SI in the last 10 years? There has certainly been an increase in the amount of data that needs to be handled by the game & we are surely getting to the point where peer-to-peer hosting is incapable of handling the task.
Last edited by Barside; 21-11-2011 at 23:48.
Better face generation! Quality of those images is horrific.
when an injury happens, the players to move close to the injured player for water but i am not sure
I like to see more Flags and Banners in stadiums or some mosaics in some important games, like UCL, domestic finals or games to clinch titles.And also a short Trophy presentation after the finals..
PS: When SI starts to discuss the new features for FM 2013? I know there's a meeting to discuss that. We can know more details about that or what "fans suggestions" are possible to see considered? After the big STEAM sales for FM 2012, i think SI could open more space to these requests and work with the fans in some aspects of the game.
Jimmy_Jambo's FM13 Suggestions:
(IF AN OF THESE HAVE BEEN MENTIONED PLEASE FORGIVE ME, AS THERE IS ALOT OF PAGES, AND TO GO THROUGH THEM ALL TO STOP DUPLICATION WOULD BE MENTAL)
1: An easier way to implement a created team into the game.
a) I've tried to add a created team into the game, and I found it "quite" difficult via the editor. Maybe SI could have it incorporated into the game itself. Where it would automatically calculate the CA/PA, attributes of the players.
Attributes, PPM's, personal details could be added via drop down menus, tick boxes for a simple and user friendly and quick insertion of players and information.
This would be adjusted in game once the game play has started to make the team/players about the same ability as the league its currently set, to avoid like a team full of wonderkids walking the league scoring 25 goals a game (THIS IS ALSO AN OPTION, AS PLAYERS COULD BE SET TO WONDERKIDS etc....)
Within this, You could be able to simple (just like manager profile picture) add Kits, Logo and player faces, without having to create the team/player, find his ID number, change filenames etc etc (quite a long process if you got 25 players, managers etc)
2: More options to to add to player manager profile.
Additional languages, eg - English and French. Without having the extra nationality
To be able to add favourite personnel to your profile, both of staff and players (upto 4 of either from the start)
This can be changeable every 6 months (or whatever time suits people, this needs to be implemented to stop people constantly changing to gain an advantage when signing)
Additional favourite teams. I don't support just 1 team. (eg, Blackburn Rovers are my EPL team, Newtown AFC are my local team and I support Cardiff to gain EPL status, also whilst playing FM11, I played a LLM game with Crawley, and got quite attached) again, this could be changeable, but on a 24 month basis, again to stop LLM interchanging to gain an advantage
3: Easier contract extensions.
Seems to be a bit hit and miss within FM12. You have to click on each player to re-negotiate contracts, discuss details blah blah. Should maybe (esp. for youths) be a quick menu - Offer +2 years extension, upto 10% increase of wages/£15k weekly extra/upto max £40k a week wages.
Youth Contracts - Should also be an option of to set you Ass Man to only offer contracts/extensions to youths with a 2.5+ PA star rating (or whatever you set the PA Star rating as). Meaning you don't have to trawl through aload of tosh youths to release on a free etc etc..
4: Board demand a pay decrease due to finances
When managing a club, esp. a lower league club, finances aren't the best, but there is nothing to offer you lower wages to help the club.
Even further than this, when in a dire situation, maybe get the board to be more realistic, ask the whole team for pay decreases.
The board intervene and sell your best/highest paid player under your nose, but putting them on the transfer list/offering them to clubs to cut the wage bill (DIFFERENT TO WHEN THE PLAYER HAS BEEN BID FOR)
Some of my other suggestions have already been stated. So will them for now.
These are just some of the improvements I would like to see, yes they may already be incorporated into the game, or stupid ideas. Any silly comments or people speaking in a rage (Like #1 IS STUPID AND ITS SIMULATION NOT THE SIMS, GO PLAY THE SIMS) these will be reported and ignored. This is for sensible and constructive comments.
Last edited by Jimmy_Jambo; 22-11-2011 at 10:43.
Warm-up before substitution.
IRL planning a substitution managers usually tell the player they want to come on the pitch to go and warm up. In FM we also see some players warming up near the bench but it seems it isn't related with planned substitutions. Sometimes IRL managers plan their substitutions watching opposition players warming up so they can respond with their own substitution in time. Sometimes (in case of injury for example) a player has to come on the pitch without warm-up. In such cases it takes 5-10 minutes to him to join the game completely. So, what I suggest:
- an option to tell the player to go for warm-up.
- if player is coming on the pitch without warm-up, his condition should be 15% less than normal for first 10 minutes he is on the pitch.
- an ability to cancel the substitution any time before the player comes on the pitch. Sometimes we make substitution and have to wait for several minutes till the player comes on. But often the situation in the game changes during these several minutes and we can change our decision but can't cancel substitution in FM. IRL manager can cancel substitution even if the player is already standing near central line.
Staff Budget. It is ridiculous that i cannot pay a scout 24 instead of 18 when i have plenty of room in my budget. I should just be given a staff budget and can sign as many coaches or scouts or whatever as i can fit under my budget. it makes no sense that the board is limiting me to 5 coaches who could all theoretically be paid 500k but i cant have 6 at 100k. i cannot understand why the board would care about the hard number of coaches as opposed to the cost of those coaches.
Id like to see more dynamic engagement with staff. A few 'for examples' to illustrate:
1. Ive lost count of the number of times Ive seen a Scout with really great stats for other coaching attributes (or vice vera and various other combinations), but his staff role is scouting only. I think an interaction point requesting the staff member to consider a new role because his skills are well suited would be beneficial.
2. Staff development. Even though on the editor there are figures for CA and PA for Staff, I dont often recall seeing a staff members stats significantly improve. Id love to be able to send one of my coaches on a UEFA coaching course, for example, to develop a particular coaching skill (and subsequently improve its training rating). Seems relevent to me, especially as manager IRL are barred from managing if they dont have certain qualification levels these days.
3. Also really like the 'staff shortlisting' idea that has already been mentioned here.
Seeing as SI seem to be pushing the 3D match engine along, I'd like to see how far this could go. I took control of Great Britain during the Olympics in my current save, and thought the crowd flares during matches and ticker-tape at the end of the final were a nice touch. Perhaps in future we could see the trophy being lifted at the end of cup finals, flares during big european games, etc.
Width slider options for each individual position of Defence, Midfield and Attack as opposed to a universal team Width option.
In job search to be able to filter staff that is interested in my National Team position as an ass man, under 21 coach, etc. Now I can only choose for my club.
1. I'd like to see a bit more of an exciting draw for cups. Like seeing the balls go in the pot and people drawing them out. And quick stats about any fixtures drawn, like previous results from that fixture or results from the last round.
2. And as you choose your manager portrait at the start of the game, it could have a more realistic press conference. With your character sat behind a desk with microphones in front of him and camera flashes. Also maybe where the questions are being asked from like names of papers, websites etc.
3. Sell the stadium naming rights (like a lot of clubs do now) to bring in extra money.
4. When new players are struggling to adapt you should be able to send them on language courses instead of keep sending them home or signing another player of their nationality.
5. Also the thing that everyone asks about.... manager wages. We don't want to see what FIFA Manager do with the lifestyle options but we should have an option to give money back to the club. This would really help in lower leagues where finances are tight. You could have a healthy bank balance if you're manager of a premier league or championship club then decide you want to have a new challenge in League 1 or 2.
6. Maybe also an option to change the kit design (like out of a choice of 3) every couple of years to boost shirt sales.
7. Finally, an option to apply to host the finals of a competition or host international fixtures (if they approached the club). Would bring in more income for the club.
Bench camera for 3d match.
For those who want to feel themselves as real life managers it would be great. I think it can be quite interesting and unusual to watch tha game from the bench as IRL managers do. As an option it can be also a good idea to make a fully editable camera, so we could change its position, height, zoom, rotation angels. It may be even better than bench camera but harder to implement.
The option to set loan requirements for players.
For example, accept loan offers for players from clubs who will use them as an important first team player with no future fee set.
I don't ever loan out players who will be backup or rotation at the club because they won't get the game time, and I always remove future fees if the club tries to sneak them in. Being able dictate these terms to the clubs when offering the player out for loan would save me a whole bunch of clicking.
my one is easy,stop making ANY player on 2 goals overiding the default penalty taker if the situation crops up,have the little pop up like you get if you have a bad injury during a game asking you if you want the player on 2 goals to have a crack for his hat-trick or your usual penalty taker.
I want Chants !!
chants and other sound effects will make the match better for sure.
stop stupid unrealistic mistakes during the game (like GK rushing to the ball and then hits it with his shoulder in the edge of the area!! gifting the ball to oppossition played to score) or (a player coming back to defend a counter attack, finding path between the oppossition player and the ball, but not tempting to take it?!) .. and much much more of these.
would love a sort of side mission thing, where you have a scenario and you need to solve it.
how the freatures meeting goes??? we can have a short brief about at the end?
New more flexible tactics creator
- Different attacking and defensive formations;
- an option to use different formations depending where the ball is - near own penalty area, in the middle of the pitch, near the opposition penalty area;
- more detailed individual instructions (movement, passing direction, player supply, movement without the ball, movement under heavy pressure);
- ability to choose, who will cover the player, when he is out of position.
- ability to create own role and duty presets;
Full list of ideas, examples and images in this thread:http://community.sigames.com/showthr...nd-suggestions
I know its not management but neither is negotiating with agens for most clubs so i would like to see the option to edit the look of your own kit after every two seasons so you can freshen it up like real life, like if the game had preset graphics that you could mix and match to make a kit, with sponsors possibly, but maybe not real sponsors as thats advertising.... or maybe thats an extra way for si to make more money off advertising....
And a trophy room, where you can see the trophies you have won
not sure if it has been posted but I would like my board or even myself to choose a new strip every few years. It is really annoying Ten years into the game and you see the same home and away top every game
Not going to trawl through 7500 odd posts, so sorry if these have been mentioned, but what I would like are:
!. A completely overhauled match engine. One that works. One where SI don`t have to make tweaks to rescue it`s shortcomings, resulting in super goalies, 95% miss rates for 1 on 1`s, lots of disallowed goals etc.
2. Sensible player interaction and team talks where you can actually say something relevant to the players. Unlike the senseless minefield we have at present.
3. Assman and coaches with a bit of initiative, who will automatically see to trivialities.
I would much rather 2013 be a flawless version of 2012 than another not properly tried and tested "new" game with more unnecessary semi working features.
But things still aint working right in it. A properly working match engine would be a huge leap forward in my opinion.
I agree but that goes against your last paragraph, the current match engine cannot be improved on any further which is why FM12 uses the final patch ME from FM11.
A new match engine is in the offing & when it is introduced I can say with 100% certainty that it will be full of bugs, iirc the current ME is an evolution of the one introduced for CM4 & that was awful.
After playing through FM 2012, I have enjoyed playing the game. However, there are still a few aspects where I find the game lacking. That`s why I have made a small list of suggestions I hope will be implemented in the next FM.
1. Finding it hard to motivate himself for a manager with such a low reputation
I can imagine that some players have this issue, but it is fairly unrealistic that nearly the entire team has the same feeling. Especially if the players are playing well together, the rankings are high and the dressing room atmosphere is high, I believe there won`t be many players who find it hard to motivate themselves if everything works together so well.
Moreover, if they have already won a trophy or two, especially without them being favorites to win it, the manager should have some reputation or the team should have at least the confidence in the manager for getting them that far.
Of course there will be players who explicitly want to be trained by a manager with a particular reputation, but perhaps that should be displayed in the concerns then. But that`s a particular player problem rather than a reputation problem of the entire team.
2. Losing to a team playing in a higher league will not please the board or fans
This is simply silly, really. I am the manager of Hayes & Yeading in the Blue Square Premier and I`m playing Liverpool in the FA Cup. I`m getting out of it with merely a 0-1 loss, which should be an incredible feat considering the gap in quality – and leagues. Nevertheless, the fans are slightly concerned about losing that match. Why would they be concerned? They should be ecstatic for losing with only a 0-1 score against a team ranked so much higher that it should be a devastating score in the double digits.
This causes me to believe that there is something wrong with some expectations. Is it possible to code something like:
- reputation 50 to 100 (depending on the difference of reputation in the league) < yours = expecting win.
- reputation 100 less or within 100 more than yours = hoping for a win, but accepting a draw and loss too.
- team in a single league higher than yours = hoping for a win, but satisfied with a draw or a slight loss.
- team in a league much higher than yours (say, 2 or more) = hoping to not get trashed, satisfied with a loss, ecstatic with a draw.
- teams with a reputation of 500 more than yours = hoping to not get trashed, satisfied with a loss, ecstatic with a draw.
- teams with a reputation of 1000 more than yours = hoping to not get trashed, pleased with a small loss, ecstatic with a draw, reputation gain by win.
This will make things a lot more realistic because it is really frustrating that the board is unhappy if I lose against a Premier League team with 1-5, while we`re not even supposed to be scoring any and conceding double digits.
I have advocated this before, but it is still missing. Why can`t we talk to the board to claim that we cannot achieve their expectations? We see that in real life too, that the managers are talking to the press about how they cannot achieve what they did last year because of budget/money issues, key players leaving, or whatever issues which prevent them to reach the heights they reached in the past year.
We already get a board talk to up the expectations if you`re doing remarkably well, which allows you more wages or transfer money to maintain that, but I want the option to talk to the board that you want to lower the expectations due to some issues. For instance:
- We have just sold out best player on the pitch, so we should expect a lower table ranking.
- Our only scoring striker is out with a year-long injury, so that will lower our chances to win matches.
- We have a lot of youth potential in the team, so I would like to play them. That might cause us to rank a little lower on the table, but advertising and selling youth players will get us more financial gain.
- We have so much talent in our youth setup that we need to play them. That will rank us lower in the league for this and next year, but it will allow us to build for the future and aim for a higher table ranking in two years from now.
- Our team is simply lacking in quality to achieve the goals set by the board. I need to make purchaces first and then make a team out of it, or we have to lower our goals.
I expect there will be plenty of ways to react to these, just like how the board responses to issues like improving the youth setup, asking for more wages and whatever you can ask of the board already. I don`t think this is much different. I can even imagine a manager issuing an ultimatum on some of the above items.
It would be nice if the board could get across to you what competition their priorities have. Of course there are already expectations of how much they want you to achieve or progress in cups, but it is unclear how much value they place on those achievements. Sometimes you get knocked out of a cup 2 rounds before you get to the round they expect you to get, but they`re not unhappy at all because they didn`t think of that cup as important. While at other times they`re really unhappy because they think of it as an important competition.
So it would be nice if that could come across, like: “We would like you to focus on the league rather than the various cups because we want to participate in a European competition next year,” or “we would like you to stay in this league around place 10-8 while going far in all cups because we can use the money”.
I can imagine the board commenting on your progress. And not in the way the monthly summary goes, but rather in a talk with the board about how the season goes and perhaps some more interaction.
- You`re doing well, but we do expect you to gain a few spots on the table. Why`s that not working? (answers: injuries, played against top teams, playing European competition, sold key player)
- You`re underachieving. We really want to back you, but what will you do about it? (answers: changing tactics, swapping players, you`re playing youth players to let them gain experience, team needs to gel, team isn`t familiar with the current tactic and that needs some time)
- You`re topping the table! How rare! Do you think you can stay in that region? (answers: easy matches but next up are the top teams, good signings, need more funds to keep these players with higher wages before they get sold, etc)
Talking to players
6. Praising a player for having progressed well in training.
I always wondered why this wasn`t possible. We can criticise a player for not training well, but we cannot reward them or praise them for doing the other way around. We can, however, praise them for playing well, so why not for training well or progressing?
I`m thinking something along the lines of:
- You have trained well, so I will be taking you along with the next match where you might get a chance as a substitute (for a youth player).
- You have trained well, so you will be playing in the next match as a starter (for a backup player, or a rotation player).
- You have progressed remarkably in the past year/month, so I`ll be giving you a chance in the first team.
- You have progressed well enough to promote you to the Reserves from the U19s.
- You have progressed well enough to promote you to the First team from the Reserves.
7. Telling a player to improve.
Just like training progress, it should also be possible to tell a player to improve in i.e. strength if he wants to make a chance to play in the first team or to stay on the team.
- If you improve your strength, you`ll be strong enough to play in my first team because that`s your only lacking feature.
- Improve your composure considerably and I`ll promote you to the Reserves/First team.
8. Match performance: Sent off
Why is this not an option in the Private Talk? I can comment on his last performance, but not about how he made that horrendous tackle from behind which landed him a 3 match ban. I can give him an official warning or a fee for being sent off, but I would rather talk to him about it instead of sending him an e-mail that he has been warned or that I have withhold some money from his salary. I`m thinking something along the lines of:
- You have been sent off for a bad tackle. I`m warning you not to do this anymore or there will be consequences.
- You have been sent off for a tackle from behind and now you`re suspended for a few matches. This is unacceptable for a professional player and you know that it is totally unnecessary. I`m giving you a week`s fine.
- You`ve had a right go at a player! You`ve been sent off for a very good reason. You`re sitting out for a few matches in the Reserves until you can promise me you`re going to control your temper (after a few days/weeks the player can come back with a message that he feels he has been punished enough and will try to control his temper, possibly after his suspension ends).
- You`ve picked up an unnecessary second yellow card which made the game a lot harder on the rest of the team. You go and apologise to them right now.
- You`ve picked up a yellow card which suspends you for the next match. I had hoped we could use you there because it is a tough match and I really need my best players on the pitch in order to get a good result.
- This is the second/third/etc time you have been sent off this season/in the last x matches! You`re really annoying me and the team with that. Unless you improve you`re going to spend time in the Reserves instead.
Why can`t we tell a single player that he is getting complacent? We need to address the entire team, causing angry faces, just because one player is complacent on the pitch. I would like to tell a player to shape up and don`t get complacent.
10. Concerned about too much competition
I would like to be able to comment on it that the players signed/bought are for positions other than the one he`s playing in, so that he does not have to worry for his spot.
11. Loaned players
After being able to talk to them and let them tutor players I think it`d be fair to be able to talk to them if they are willing to be bought and stay here. Currently I see they are really enjoying playing for my team, but once I pay their fee and start talking contracts they clam up and tell me they don`t want to talk about playing for my team.
I don`t mind if it`s because they want to wait for a chance to get their first team chance in the team I have loaned them from, but there is simply no interaction between the player and me. I would like there to be some interaction at all, even if it results in being brushed off because he expects (or has been promised) to be a first team regular once he returns.
12. Telling players why you want them to go on loan.
Instead of just offering players on loan, you can tell them the reason why:
- You should go on loan because you need to feel the excitement and pressure of a real competition.
- I firmly believe that your development will improve if you go on loan to a team in a lower division so when you return next season we can evaluate whether you`re good enough to challenge for a first team spot.
- I don`t have the luxury here, but by letting you go on loan we can monitor how good you are when confronted with a first team role. Impress us.
- You`re not good enough for us, so by offering you for a loan you can see if there are other teams you want to play for.
- You`re good enough to get some real match experience under the belt, so we want you to go to one of our feeder clubs to gain competitive match experience.
I'd like to choose favorite teams more than one,and maybe also edit team kits year by year.
A job applicant screen that mimics your own staff screen, would be much easier to list all prospective candidates & view their coaching/mental attributes on a single page rather than having to go into each one's profile screen.
Just a little immersion feature, but little things like club having famous/favourable tactics and media snippets on those- Tiki Taka at Barca, Total Football with Ajax/Netherlands, wing play at Man Utd, pass and move at Liverpool, possession at Arsenal, catenaccio with AC Milan and Italian sides. Fans could prefer managers who adhere to these principles and it could also be part of managerial profiles to a greater extent, so clubs would be more likely to appoint manages based on tactics. And related to signings, managers should look for their kind of places- like Tony Pulis and big people usw.
Also, it would be cool to pick a matchday backroom team, so from my selection of coaches I could choose which ones I'd like on the touchline with me for matches, especially at big clubs
Obviously also multiple favoured teams/languages and so on in manager profile
IM sorry but this is extraordinary, you are saying the game is too easy, so make it easier by making regens better? away!
@erismum1874 or whatever name is
It would be nice if you could talk with a player concerning his squad status, or his future squad status. I`m interested if someone tells me that they believe they`re currently suited as a backup player because he admits that there is a player who is currently better than him. Of course, this is coming from the player himself, which is not implemented in the game as far as I know. I`m not too sure if any player would do the same in real life, but it would seem interesting if they would talk to you about this, or when the media interviews him and he claims that someone else is currently better than him, so he should be satisfied with a backup spot until he either improves or the other player doesn`t play well.
Right now there is almost no talk and the only time they talk about squad status is when you change it - regardless of when you play them. An important first team player rarely complains, as long as he has this squad status, whereas a rotation player becomes disgruntled when he hasn`t played enough.
If a player who`s considered a first team player doesn`t play for a few matches, I would expect him to come to me and ask why he`s not being played in the first time as much as he believes he should be. Possible replies to that could be:
- I`m giving a few prospects some time to gain experience in the first team.
- You`re not in the form you should be, so for the moment I`m giving some other players a chance who`re in better form. You`ll still get enough playing time, albeit not as much as you`re used to when you`re in top form.
- Based on the other players in the team you`re not the only good player for this position anymore. Your new status will be a rotation player so you know what to expect.
- There`s someone else better than you. For the moment you`re a backup player, but if you prove to me that you`re in top shape you can always convince me to get that first team position back.
This kind of feels like an extension for the 'Recent Form' player talk and perhaps it`s easier to integrate there as well. It does have a little more impact though, as the squad status can be changed because of the talk here.
Voice control when watching matches.
Say I want my rb to get forward more, I could just say 2 (his squad number) run from deep often rather then go into the tactics menu to do it. If my am is taking too many long shoots, rather then telling my whole team to work the ball into the box or again change his instructions from the tactics menu you could say 10 long shoots rarely. This could be expanded to any number of instructions and opposition instructions
Players to retain their retrained positions. Or at least a warning from a coach that he is about to lose it.
feature meetings are end?
I'd like to see non-contract, amateur & part-time players having to occasionally miss games for reasons outside football, as they are not full-time they have to fit their football commitments into their daily life (or the other way round) so for added realism it should be expected that every now & then your star striker will miss that vital Thursday night away trip because he has to work or that game in the 2nd week of August is out of the question because he's on holiday with the wife & kids.
The Ability to give instructions to the Assistant manager about who to play and where in the reserves.
I want to be able to instruct the AssMan to rotate GKs so I have two fit back ups all season.
I want to be able to instruct the AssMan to play player X as in position Y and not position Z.
I was recently thinking about just that issue, I'd actually like to take it a step further & introduce another layer of staff interaction with your reserve & youth team managers (that's another idea, I'd prefer to employ someone for those specific roles rather than just assigning a member of the coaching team to look after matchday affairs)
Anyway back to the original point, I'd like to be able to ask them to focus on key players within the reserve/youth teams, make sure they play in their natural position or in an unfamiliar position for a few games to broaden their overall skills, don't over work them as youth results are not what is important.
yellow cards for horrible time wasting!
Rather than just locking in things to contract negotiations such as maximum wage, I would like to be able to lock out stuff. For example yearly wage rises. Player asks for 25%, I remove it as I don't want to offer any. Negotiations go well but there is no way to say, I'm not going to offer you that clause no matter what. The player keeps adding that clause and eventually he gets 5%. I know you can say an offer is non negotiatable but that often cause stubborn players/agents to say no. Where as if it was just an option to block out a clause we maybe able to compensate with bonuses etc.
How about the about the ability to set default actions for injuries? Would definitely save some faffing. If a player has a cold or virus always send him home, never give injections or if the best course of action is for a player to see a specialist, send him straight away. It woudl be nice not to have to choose everytime but for those that do want the option, perhaps you could toggle this option on or off. It could be part of the team policy screen.
Be able to have more than one kind of boot/ball when a user creates them themselves (at the moment all outfield players have the same boot even if you create your own and all competitions use the same ball)
Allow user created adboards for club and competition (e.g. if Arsenal play in the Prem/Champs League the Emirates has Arsenal adboards and Prem/Champs League adboards - in the game its either Prem/Champs League or Arsenal adboards and you have to restart FM and copy a different xml file into the correct folder to have Arsenal adboards in domestic matches and UEFA boards in the Champs League)
Be able to specify how big/steep certain stands in stadiums are and whether the corners are filled in, location and style of tunnel and dugouts etc or have a model of stadiums and let people make their own grounds.
Release more information for creating match day graphics for referees, physios etc
Change the rules of the Championship so clubs have three years to install seats, on FM12 the ends at Peterborough are empty because the rules say its all seating, but they let people stand there until the end of this season.
Be able to create commentary events, apparently its not possible for user created commentary to say (for instance) a team is kicking off for the second half because there isn't an event already for it.
Last edited by urquhart; 13-12-2011 at 00:43.
All i need in this game is if there are a little more Asian competition just like Europe and the inclusion of Pakistan football league. Thanks\s
a better training system please, it's the big shame of FM seriously. even CM did something better. Can see the training in 3D, make shedule ect.
We are in end 2011 and the FM training system is freaking old and outdated. training is one of the most important thing in football, and in FM what you have to do? *moove a small bar two times in a season*
as a fan of statistics i want one general table of records around the whole world!
For example: Fastest goal in the World...
Unsure if already involved but doubt it;
Directors of football and/or scouting teams taking control of transfers and negotiations. Commonplace now.
When a member of your coaching staff recommends a player in a backroom advice meeting, they should already have done a scout report, and I should be able to see that players attributes. I've just had a few players recommended to me in a meeting, and it's taking 2 scout reports from the coaches to show me their attributes.
I'm guessing the meeting goes something like this at the moment:
Ass Man: I know this great left back who we could sign.
Me: OK, tell me what's good about him.
Ass Man: Erm, I don't actually know anything about him apart from his name and position. I'm going to have to scout him first.
If your coaching staff are recommending players, they should have already done research into those players. They shouldn't need to be prompted to after the recommendation.
Not be asked if I think I can win the FA Cup when I'm in the Blue Square South until the later stages. Have cup expectations on a match by match basis, based on who your opponents are as well as receiving a target stage.
Only thing that comes to mind has to do with the match enginge: When it's 2 on 1(1 being Goalkeeper) or situations where you can cut the ball back, players just shoot instead of easily giving yourself a goal, or atleast a much better opportunity.
I'd like to see a game developed by real & succesful developers who know what they do
I have another job, and when people are unhappy with sth I always listen to them and try to improve.
More intelligent AI, especially for developing youth and buying players. This would be so much better for long term saves. My ultimate wish.
Also, pace/acceleration being less powered. Very difficult to do, but it's improved a lot on recent versions, so if they could keep going with that, it would make the game more difficult imo.
Last edited by Sassafras; 19-12-2011 at 23:51.
Better 3D match engine. I'd like to be able to see matches in more detail (e.g. facial expressions, tricks, style of dribbling, etc.)
I didn't start playing FM until the 3D view was introduced because I just couldn't get immersed in the game when I had to watch circles running around. I had no emotional connection to any of it, because I was too aware of the fact that everything on screen was programmed, so I never played the game seriously enough which resulted in half-assed tactics and poor results.
I don't know whether it's been said (yeah sure I haven't read all the thread nor search first), but here's what I want from future FM. A backward compatibility, means I can play old saves in the newest game.
International management: divide the national pool in categories, much like squad status for the clubs but private, ie, not affecting the morale of players.
(my original thread for the idea - Simple UI improvement which would make international management 10 times more bearable)
Please at least consider the idea SI, I'm sure you understand the reasoning for it and why it'd be helpful.Let's start by saying I'm still on FM11 so no idea on what you guys did to this on FM12 but I doubt you included it.
My idea is... *drumroll* divide the national pool into sub-categories.
What's the point of having a list of roughly 100 players where over half of them are only relevant for the U21/U19 squads? It's a total nightmare to browse it. All I want is the ability to set my group of core players which I'd call up no matter what, whenever they're available. Then I'd have a secondary list of primary backups/squad players, a bigger list of afterthoughts for whenever there's an emergency of player shortage, and special lists for youth squads.
It'd make life so much, much easier as an international manager. Currently what I do is go to the player search screen for every single position (there's always good players the previous manager forgot to put on the national pool, I don't want to miss them), and analyse the best available players, for every single call-up. It's incredibly dull. This way it'd be just a bunch of clicks:
1 - go to the core players list screen and click a "call all available players from this sub-list" button
2 - analyse the gaps in the squad and look at the 2nd (and eventually the 3rd) list of who fits them best
3 - look at a screen with the differences between the team you just picked, and your assman's suggestion of choices, and click confirm.
Then maintain the lists throughout the season much like you'd maintain the squad status of players - move them casually whenever you think they deserve it. Except these lists would be private and not affect the morale of players.
Surely it's far simpler and easier this way?
Put crush barriers on the terracing in 3d mode.
So many posts, I am not sure if it has been mentioned before but please, please, please add a transfer listed feature to the editor.
Whether its by the club, or requested by the player.
For example, Alex and Anelka wouldn't normally be sold by Chelsea under normal circumstances in the game, however IRL they have both requested transfers.
Be able to tell players to come back into your office when you're bollocking them.
Man Utd bought Henriksen for £19.5 million and have not played him once over the entire season. He's had no injuries except for a cold and finds himself in the reserves on the transfer list. This has to change.
Another example of this is Chelsea bought Afellay from Barca for £15million and in January loaned him to Shalke. He is now in Chelseas reserves rotting away.
I wish these things could be somehow cut out. its too unrealistic...
Id like to also see some cheaper youth signings, Im Spurs and wanted a regen from Crystal Palace who is 17 and worth £1.2million. I wasnt prepared to go over £4million for him and they asked for £8.5million upfront with 40% of profit from next sale. No Thanks.
To be fair, Arsenal paid in excess of £10 million to sign Oxlade-Chamberlain and also Walcott from Southampton.
Id like to have the option to place a job advert when the current member of staff is not willing to discuss a contract renewal, damn annoying if your assistant does not want to extend his deal but you can't start looking for a replacement until he leaves the club.
Had a couple of ideas and suggestions within a football supporter community that i am a part of. I don't know if any of these have been suggested, don't really have time to go reading through the last 77 pages. So here goes:
1. This is one of the more important things to me, the press conferences need to be improved. Reporters need to be more hostile, so that when an area of your team has been exposed or there is a flaw in your game plan that cost you goals, they crucify you for it, IE high line, weaker on the left etc, slow movement allowed sides to defend you too easily or quick movement cost you possession too often etc. The other thing i'd like to see, although this would be just a nice bonus: Sometimes you have games where players have a poor first half and a great second, or vice versa. I'd like to see the reporters press you on that, make you choose between hanging your player out to dry for his poorer half, defending his poorer half or praising his better half.
2. Incidents. Specifically those that don't occur at training or the game. These should be included, after all, all players are human and thats how the game is based, so they make mistakes in life as well, which could and should be reflected in the game. I'd especially like it if these were infrequent, but as humorous as possible, like brought a gun to training ala ashley cole, or maybe gets involved in a pub/bar altercation with a rival fan, or even better a fan of his or maybe a stalker. For on the field stuff, every now and then it'd be nice to see a player booked for abusing a ref or linesman, from both sides, sent off for something similar or a fight, and have that last one reported to you even if it's in a league you're not actively following. Has little to do with the game play other than suspensions et all, but i reckon it would just immerse you in the game just that little bit more. Which brings me to number 3:
3. Emails and news. Right at the moment you have color coded emails and news all in the one section, the inbox section. This is fine, although at times like real emailing, it can a bit jumbled and hard to find stuff, so first things first: in the inbox section at the top where the filters section is, next to the "next undread" buttons and so on, have it divided slightly and have 4 little icons representing 1) Team news, ie injuries, performances, training reports, bannings etc etc 2) Just the news 3) Everything to do with agents and transfer offers etc 4) I'd like to see little icons displaying when you have unread and/or actionable emails in these sections, sort of like how you have the ! mark on actionables now but i'd like to see them on the icons so it flows a little nicer. And finally, like real emails... reminders. For the love of god i want to set reminders.
4. Random board meeting when they're displeased, as well as the dreaded "FULL BACKING OF THE BOARD" press release not long after the "the board finally running out of patience with x" message. Along with these, a statement of intent from the board would be good, IE we want you to do etc etc, the club is about attempting to win the cup, surviving in x division or getting promoted from x division, concentrating on youth developement.
5. AND FINALLY, this is something that should've been done years ago in my oppinion: Warm up and warm up reports. First part of pre match should be a warm up, and a report following, thusly, when selecting your squad before hand, you should also be able to name an emergency or two. So essentially, pick you squad, plus emergency or two, submit team. After after the match analysis screen, before opp instructions, insert the warm up. Basically what i'd like to see would be something similar to the text you have during a game, just saying that each stage of the warm up is complete, IE physical warm up, shooting drill, ball skills, 5 a side, goal keeper warm up and practice, maybe specific warm ups for each section IE midfielders, strikers etc like goalkeeper and whatever else. At each stage have a tick or an exclamation mark, tick signifying that there are no injuries, exclamation mark signifies an injury. Have reports in the pre match screens about how players warmed up, looked complacent, look fired up, look nervous etc etc and ofcourse injuries are self explainable. Players coming back from injuries should also have something there as well, IE if it's their first game back from injury and straight into first team, a rating on their return would be helpful, IE "looks to be struggling" or "looks to be holding back" or "looks 100%" and so on.
Anyway, hopefully someone from SI reads this, would be nice to have some of these additions either via patching or possibly in next years version.
Last edited by Jonesy_NT; 27-12-2011 at 03:52.
Remove the fecking unskippable advertising/logos/intro/etc after first game launch
Or at least allow us to skip
The way I see it, if it has forceful advertising/intro, it's a free game.
(I still paid tho, but it's annoying)