Closed Thread
Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,500 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Amateur

To make this controversial goal or red card media option actually mean something or take it out completely. To me it doesn’t really add anything to the FM experience, after a while it's just annoying.

Amateur

Okay, apologies if these have already been mentioned, evaluated or included but these are my thoughts on what should be included in the next instalment after the very good FM07.

1. Milestone Matches: A player may be about to play the last game of his career, or break a club games record. Surely there should be a way to get the team to lift for the occasion. Maybe you could get a message 5 days prior to the game, and there could be options to have rival players (opponents over the players career) talk to your team about the player, or tell them to win it for that player. Could also involve telling the team to play like that player ie. If the player was a hard at it player maybe the whole team will try to play more in that style.

2. Match Day Squads: For away games (and even home games) you have to select a squad of your chosen size to prepare for the game and be considered for selection. Only those selected in this squad can be played as it is impossible to get a player to be picked on the day of the match when you're playing in a different city, country or even continent. The match squad becomes tighter, and maybe certain players get to know each other better (eg.room-mates). Young players could be put in the squad as a learning curve, maybe 2 or 3 times a season so that the transition to senior football is easier and they understand the dynamics of the team better.

I would also have an option to choose when this match day squad travels to the location. eg. For games within 100km the morning prior. Within 500km the day prior. In excess of 500km two days prior etc. You can change these around at will and they affect the team’s condition for the match. Could open up a further role for the first team coach who may be in charge of ensuring the match day squad is prepared with run down sessions on the away pitch etc.

3.Neutral Locations: You should be able to schedule friendlies at neutral grounds. This would mean small clubs playing massive feeder teams could play at a bigger ground to get more gate receipts, or an international team (i.e. Australia) could play a friendly in London as it is easier to get to for many of their international players and therefore club managers would be more encouraging to let them play and it would mean they would be in a better condition.

4. Press Conference: Hard to implement without being repetitive, but maybe some short sharp questions such as; "were you happy with the result", "which players do you feel played well", "which players disappointed" etc. maybe 5 or 6 standard questions which can be easily ticked off.

Maybe you can also call press conferences at random times to let the media know where you see the team heading, analyse the current form, look at different players etc. This could also affect your relationship with fans, a more transparent manager would be preferable for many while others would prefer the manager delegate the job to a spokesperson or coach.

5. Media Bans: Players can be banned from talking to the media. Some won’t react well to this but maybe it will impress others showing discipline.

6. Buy then Loan: Buy the player but as part of the purchase agree to loan the player back to the club for x amount of time.

7. Reserves Specifications: Instruct the reserves coach to play certain players a certain amount of time or to try different players in certain positions. Means more control over the reserves and means first team players don’t get played off the wings when they are a striker for the ones.

8. International Friendlies: Can be schedules at any time, meaning the job is more interesting. However, when they are not scheduled on International Dates the players available may decline due to managers not being willing to give them up for a friendly at that time.

9. Reserve or Youth Manager: Manage the reserves or youth team at various clubs. Means you get a career path to work through and can also form relationships with certain players. May be asked to step up to be a caretaker manager. Could be a good way for new players to get more into the tactics and match day side of the game as there aren’t finances or staff to worry about.

10. Changeable Stadiums: Melbourne Victory this year have had remarkable attendances, with their stadium Olympic Park being too small for many games at just 18000 seats. So they moved many of their games to Telstra Dome, with a capacity of 55,000 people enabling them to make much more money than they would at Olympic Park. Why not has this option in the game? It would be optional so if you wish to remain at the clubs spiritual home it would be fine, but you could move to encourage a higher crowd, more support and this may lead to more memberships and the like as fans are going to have a greater chance of getting seats to more games.

11. Bonding Camp: Similar to match day squads, take a group of players away for a bonding camp where they may do extra training together, or have a relaxing weekend. This could be good for the start of the season to better introduce new players, or to create a tighter unit eg. Have your defenders spend a weekend together to get to know each other better and thus work better as a unit. This may mean they help each other out of form slumps.

12. Open Day: Be able to host a big family day where fans can meet the players, play some games and get a better feel for the club. You would be able to address them and it may see an increase in membership and merchandise sales, as well as players liking the club more. If you do them more often you may become a fan favourite club and have more young players want to play for you as they have grown up attending these family days.

13. Jumper Numbers: Some jumpers have a certain standing about them and thus you may offer them only to players who are worthy. For example, maybe #6 is an important number at your club and by assigning the number to a player you are honouring him whilst also putting pressure on him to perform. Some players may react negatively to this but others may thrive under it. Could also be a nice touch for retiring players to declare they want John Doe to take over their number because they feel he will become a great player for the club, or he reminds them of himself, or they have a great bond with that player. Then that player may accept or refuse the request.

14. Warm Up Program: Prior to a match you can set up how the team warms up. Eg. You may warm up for a considerable time before the game so that you start the game really well but this might mean you taper off at the end. You could also warm up conservatively so that while your start may be slow your peak in the middle and run the game out better.

15. Substitutions: You can give players reasons for being taken off as well as being able to tell the players coming on what you want them to do.

16. Ass Man: Gives tips on various things to help you out (and so that he is useful). For example he may tell you what players he rates or what formations you should play, where a player should play and at what level.

17. Youth Director: You can hire a youth director to take care of youth coming through. The Better the director the better the youth, an they affect the quality of the youth program and the direction. You could also get them to look at developing certain types of players i.e. Midfielders or you may need replacements for a right back and a striker in 5 years so they should look to develop players in these positions more.

18. Other team awards: Give out more team awards. A best and fairest for each of seniors, reserves and u18’s, a most promising player award for each level. Best team man award (affects cohesion with other players) and for the reserves and u18’s maybe an award for “most likely to play seniors” as well as a most improved for the club as a whole. You should also be allowed to give out up to 2 encouragement awards to players who you think could become really good players for the club which would show these players that the manager rates them and thinks they can really become good players. Maybe a match day award for the most professional on match day, this would mean other players look up to this player and try to adopt his mental attributes a bit more.

19. Sledging: Be able to try and sledge an opponent to put him off his game. Could also provoke already yellow-carded players to turn it into a red. Some players may react positively to the sledging though, or the referee might catch you out.

20. International Scouts: Be able to employ international scouts who look for players to perform at international level. Your coach’s and ass man could help out, meaning who have a better knowledge of who is available, and what roles they could play for you.

Also have a core group (10-15) of players that you can check list for internationals. This means that you don’t accidentally leave someone of important stature out because they were injured the last time you selected the squad.

21. Internal Scouting: Have the ability to get in depth reports on your own players, highlighting areas that need to be improved, areas that are strong and the players potential.

22. Set Tactics: Have set tactics that are trained into the players so that they can be easily implemented in the match without confusion. The more you practice them the better your team is at them. Also have set plays for corners, free kicks etc.

23. Leadership: Have the Captain stand for something. He may be a quiet captain who lets his actions do the talking, or maybe he talks up the side and creates controversy. He would interact with you more and the media and fans would comment on his suitability as captain.

I would also tie a leadership group in with this. This would involve you selecting up to 6 players (including the captain) to be the leaders of the club and represent the players. These players would meet with you at the start of each season to discuss certain club standards that they would help communicate to the squad, such as squad discipline (punishments for red cards/missing training). If the leadership group is a good unit they may bring the whole team together, and they don’t necessarily all have to be first team players. You may put an experienced reserves player in there as a wise head or prospective coach, or a young player who is breaking into the senior side to increase his leadership skills. This may have a negative affect in putting too much pressure on some players or overworking them but it could help others and create a stronger side. The leadership group could also be called upon to rally the troops or sort out team issues.

Amateur

im guessing these have probably all been mentioned before but i cant be bothered to read thru 20 odd pages to find out:
    1) ai bias, im fed up of going 2 nil up away from home and losing 3-2. no matter what i change my tactics to
    2) placing combined bids for players from the same club, ie, offering £50m for ronalodo and rooney, rather than bidding £30m seperatley
    3) when buying a player having the ability to offer players on loan instead of permanent deals
    4) having your star striker, when 1 on 1 with the keeper, heading for the corner flag
    5) when you score the opposition goes STRAIGHT down the other and scores, or vice versa. yes i know it happens in real life but not 15 times a season
    6) better player interaction. if a player becomes unsettled or concerned then you should have the ability to defuse the situation
    7) more detailed youth set-up

i could write a million more but these will do for the time being

Amateur

I'll repeat is cause it can't say this enough:

Give us an in-depth match analyser SI!

That would be awesome-o!

Semi Pro

Originally posted by Quinten:
    I'm sorry If it isn't appropriate because i know it's 'not don' to discuss the competition but i just found this out and i had to share.

http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/prozone.php

The ProZone analysis looks wicked and is the only thing , imo , that FM is lacking.
    I love FM and i followed them since cm4 i guess but when 'the other guys' implement a good idea you just have to acknowledge.
    It looks great and could be the answer to the tactical difficulties most of us are facing.

I'm not saying that SI should blindly copy this feature but a good feedback-system on tactics is much needed.

Anyway , now bash me if you want.
    i like it and i think that SI SHOULD blindly copy it... if they can. prozone is software used by managers in real life to analyze player stats. if i'm not mistaken they have some licensing agreement with the *other* company. so great idea, but they may not be able to do it, not exactly anyway.

Amateur

Originally posted by zeusbheld:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Quinten:
    I'm sorry If it isn't appropriate because i know it's 'not don' to discuss the competition but i just found this out and i had to share.

http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/prozone.php

The ProZone analysis looks wicked and is the only thing , imo , that FM is lacking.
    I love FM and i followed them since cm4 i guess but when 'the other guys' implement a good idea you just have to acknowledge.
    It looks great and could be the answer to the tactical difficulties most of us are facing.

I'm not saying that SI should blindly copy this feature but a good feedback-system on tactics is much needed.

Anyway , now bash me if you want.
    i like it and i think that SI SHOULD blindly copy it... if they can. prozone is software used by managers in real life to analyze player stats. if i'm not mistaken they have some licensing agreement with the *other* company. so great idea, but they may not be able to do it, not exactly anyway.

Finally , someone who reckons this =)

Something like that (there ought to be other companies who deliver that kind of analysis , i dont ProZone has a monopoly) combined with an improved FM match-engine = dream come true.

Amateur

Managers should be able to pick their own youth players out of a pool of regens, just like in real life =]

Amateur

International Friendlies with North American Teams.

In reality teams like Celtic FC, Rangers, and Chelsea get to play friendlies in United States during the MLS season. When I tried to schedule a friendly in FM 2007/WSM 2007, it would not allow me to do that saying for example "Los Angeles are not availabe for a friendly" or "Los Angeles decline the offer". That's not right when they listed the dates as date available.

I would like to see that not just North American teams, but any teams that has "Date Available" will have the availablity to play friendlies at anytime especially European teams having the off season to play in North America and Asia.

Part-Timer

I posted this as a new topic before noticing this wishlist thing, oops.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned (i've had a search and havent found anything).

A feature that would be possible (perhaps even easy) to implement for FM 2008 would be the ability to issue an ultimatum if the board accept a bid over the managers head.

I for one have had several cases were i've been the chelsea manager, financially comfortable (>£500m in the bank + no loans) and have had a bid in the region of £50m accepted for an important first team player. The board have given in to some of my other tantrums and resultant ultimatums, so i was wondering if it would be possible (or if people think it would be a good idea...) to include an option where you can state that if the board sell this player, you will leave.

On another board related issue, another suggestion for FM2008 is to be able to ask the board for a specific increase in transfer budget, for an exceptional player, rather than the generic "i want more money" that currently exists. For example, a board may be more inclined to agree if you can state "i want this player - for £xm, he is better than what we currently have and my scouts have shown that he would want to play for us - can i have this much money to go and get him" Just a thought as i've had a couple of occasions were ive been £2-3m away from affording a truly world class player.

Final suggestion, this one regards free transfers. Tapping up players on the current incarnation of FM only seems to work to a certain extent, i feel it would be more realistic if you could tap up a player so that he rejects the contract offer from his current club, or his stated desires to leave actually affect his performance and make a club lower their asking price. Too many times in FM2007 i've stated interest in a player, he's said he wants to leave, the other club have said no, he's said he's unhappy, and life has gone on, with the other club still asking an extorionate fee and 12 months later the player forgets all this and signs a new contract. Am i the only person that sees this as a bit silly? Im not quite sure how this should be implemented, but tapped up players should refuse (to an extent) to sign contract extensions, should perhaps play to a lower level, and the clubs that own these players should recognise this and lower their asking prices.
    Obviously subtlety is key here, as tranmere rovers are not going to able to tap up a premiership player, but for top 4 prem clubs it should be a powerful tool (what transfers havent involved tapping up for these clubs in recent years?).

Thanks if you bothered reading all this (it was a bit long) and any and all comments would be appreciated

Third Team
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

Originally posted by Ched:
    I posted this as a new topic before noticing this wishlist thing, oops.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned (i've had a search and havent found anything).

A feature that would be possible (perhaps even easy) to implement for FM 2008 would be the ability to issue an ultimatum if the board accept a bid over the managers head.

I for one have had several cases were i've been the chelsea manager, financially comfortable (>£500m in the bank + no loans) and have had a bid in the region of £50m accepted for an important first team player. The board have given in to some of my other tantrums and resultant ultimatums, so i was wondering if it would be possible (or if people think it would be a good idea...) to include an option where you can state that if the board sell this player, you will leave.

On another board related issue, another suggestion for FM2008 is to be able to ask the board for a specific increase in transfer budget, for an exceptional player, rather than the generic "i want more money" that currently exists. For example, a board may be more inclined to agree if you can state "i want this player - for £xm, he is better than what we currently have and my scouts have shown that he would want to play for us - can i have this much money to go and get him" Just a thought as i've had a couple of occasions were ive been £2-3m away from affording a truly world class player.

Final suggestion, this one regards free transfers. Tapping up players on the current incarnation of FM only seems to work to a certain extent, i feel it would be more realistic if you could tap up a player so that he rejects the contract offer from his current club, or his stated desires to leave actually affect his performance and make a club lower their asking price. Too many times in FM2007 i've stated interest in a player, he's said he wants to leave, the other club have said no, he's said he's unhappy, and life has gone on, with the other club still asking an extorionate fee and 12 months later the player forgets all this and signs a new contract. Am i the only person that sees this as a bit silly? Im not quite sure how this should be implemented, but tapped up players should refuse (to an extent) to sign contract extensions, should perhaps play to a lower level, and the clubs that own these players should recognise this and lower their asking prices.
    Obviously subtlety is key here, as tranmere rovers are not going to able to tap up a premiership player, but for top 4 prem clubs it should be a powerful tool (what transfers havent involved tapping up for these clubs in recent years?).

Thanks if you bothered reading all this (it was a bit long) and any and all comments would be appreciated
    ive noticed this as well and funny enough i was just about to post this about the suposedly "unhappy" players signing new contracts when they want a move to a bigger club. i agree with all of your sugestions! si make it happen!

Originally posted by prince_capri:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Wienerschnitzel:
    Oh, forgot you can't use the BBcodes here. Here's the link for all you lazy peole out there. http://i12.tinypic.com/6h8e3qt.jpg

Anyone who likes this idea?

Are the things that's posted here read by SI or sent to them in some way? I mean, is there acctually a chance that these things can be included in the upcoming game?
    I quite like this idea! Marking down TM, throw-ins, etc ect through position can sometimes be much better way of going about than using actual playes.

definetly a good idea imo

Amateur

Basically, I think that transfers are probably the biggest or most enjoyable feature in Football Manager to date. Well, it is for me a crucial part of the game. At the moment the method of transfer are satisfactory, the varied options such as 'first option', 'player exchange' and the usual method of loaning and buying out right are excellent, but I would like to see a more in-depth analysis into how transfers occur and there impact on the game.

Take today's transfer with Fernando Torres, the club called a press conference and paraded the player, this was also seen with Michael Owen's signing with Newcastle. I think it would be great to see some kind of press conference for big signings for a club, asking questions on the role of the player and questioning the player on his views. This would add a new realism to the game, as well as seeing fans response to the signing.

I also think that it would be a good addition to be able to conduct your own medicals, or, see results for the medical and either cancel the transfer or more likely, to set targets for players who do not perform at a good enough standard, again this would give you a more hands on approach to the transfer system.

Another feature which I believe would be beneficial would be that during transfer periods, recurring board meetings could be arranged to outline potential signings. I think this could help to see ambition in the club, and if more money was needed for a high profile signing, this could be the place to request it. It would also be good to see if once players had been shortlisted, your chairman would comeback to you with responses from other club chairmans on their availability, this would prevent endless bidding.

I also think that the agent influence could make the game more realistic. I am aware of the rare occasion at which an agent presents you with a video, but I think there is more room for agents in the game. Giving the agents identificati
    on and stats could increase the realism and open new doors for the game. Clubs could form links with agents and ask agents for recommended signings, players could also change agents which would have an affect on there future at the present club.

*You may have already read this, but my thread was closed.*

Any ideas?

Amateur

I think that there should definately be an option to vent at the national team manager, or demand an explanation as to why your top goalscorer has torn a calf muscle in the 75th minute after you told them to take him off after 45...or why he comes back jaded.

I also think that top players could ask to be left out of certain fixtures like they do in real life e.g. Kaka and Ronaldinho in Copa America or Totti and Nesta from pointless internationals, if they have had a long season or are gettin on a bit, or even if they live so far away from where their team is based.

Amateur

I would like the option of creating a reminder by selecting exactly when I would be reminded.

Example: Due to not being able to sign certain U18 players, I would like to be able to create a reminder when player turn 18.

Amateur

1.an important feature IMO is the ability (during a match) to select: when going into detailed tactics automatically,

Example: to have an option that during a game, the game will automatically go into detail tactics on 60th or 75th minute (or at least 1st chance after those times), of course times can be chosen, doesn't have to be 60th or 75th minute.

2.The option that will automatically go into detailed tactics if teams go down 2-0 behind.

IMO, just as when a player is injured or sent off, going 2-0 is also a need for definite change of tactics, or at least an option that you can choose if you like.

3.As manager: The option to select favored personal. I think that if I'm someone else's favored personal, I should be able to select him as my favored personal.

4.Also think that negotiating manager contracts isn't really important. I mean, at least not the salary. I don't believe that adding an: buy apartment, car etc. is relevant to the game, at least IMO.
    The only thing IMO that is in need of negotiation is: Transfer and Wages fees that are already available and of course contract length.
    I also think that an option to put in is: Manager option to accept contract only if a certain player or personal is added to squad, lets say I'm Real Madrid and I choose only to sign a new contract pending a huge star comes the next season, a huge star or player that obviously I select.

Amateur

Just an Idea,

Never Take Free Kick option:
    Just like having certain players take free kicks and penalty, to choose a player that no matter what will never take a FK, PK or a corner.

Amateur

hey
    just a suggestion, you could get offers to be nottingham forest under 18 manager as a start and then try and work your way up through the ranks and get offers for say preston reserves or foresr reserves maybe. finally on to proper management but you will have experience and a good managerial start.
    i think this would be good, but possible to do?
    any comments on this would be appreciated

Amateur

Originally posted by Tevez32:
    Basically, I think that transfers are probably the biggest or most enjoyable feature in Football Manager to date. Well, it is for me a crucial part of the game. At the moment the method of transfer are satisfactory, the varied options such as 'first option', 'player exchange' and the usual method of loaning and buying out right are excellent, but I would like to see a more in-depth analysis into how transfers occur and there impact on the game.

Take today's transfer with Fernando Torres, the club called a press conference and paraded the player, this was also seen with Michael Owen's signing with Newcastle. I think it would be great to see some kind of press conference for big signings for a club, asking questions on the role of the player and questioning the player on his views. This would add a new realism to the game, as well as seeing fans response to the signing.

I also think that it would be a good addition to be able to conduct your own medicals, or, see results for the medical and either cancel the transfer or more likely, to set targets for players who do not perform at a good enough standard, again this would give you a more hands on approach to the transfer system.

Another feature which I believe would be beneficial would be that during transfer periods, recurring board meetings could be arranged to outline potential signings. I think this could help to see ambition in the club, and if more money was needed for a high profile signing, this could be the place to request it. It would also be good to see if once players had been shortlisted, your chairman would comeback to you with responses from other club chairmans on their availability, this would prevent endless bidding.

I also think that the agent influence could make the game more realistic. I am aware of the rare occasion at which an agent presents you with a video, but I think there is more room for agents in the game. Giving the agents identificati
    on and stats could increase the realism and open new doors for the game. Clubs could form links with agents and ask agents for recommended signings, players could also change agents which would have an affect on there future at the present club.

*You may have already read this, but my thread was closed.*

Any ideas?
    I have to say that i like all of the these ideas and would definately add realism to the game

Amateur

I would just like to see the player valuations sorted out.

At present I click on a player and see their value to be labelled as £9,000,000 however unless the player is transfer listed it is highly unlikely that should I table a bid of £9 mill that I would get the player.

Take the Reo-coker deal; West Ham clearly didnt value the lad at £2 million and Villa had to pay 4x as much. And torres, Atletico clearly didnt value Torres at £20 million only to reject bids of £20 million unless they were like £35 million.

I just find it tedious that the current player valuation system provides nothing in the way of information - I can look at a player valued at £3m and unless I pay over the odds I dont get a chance. When I go to sell my players I dont value them at £20m and then reject £20m bids

Amateur

* Staff, i don't know how it's done in the rest of the world but in Sweden our coaches are often the guys who get to decide how the fitness training and so on gets done. So if i hire a really good coach in the game i actually want to reap the benefits of that. The sum it up, i want to be able to ask the coaches to recomend me a training-program. If the coach is bad you might not get a good program but it's pretty realistic in my eyes.

Yes Managers usually do have the last word when it comes to training but the staff (other than the Ass Man) also have alot of input on the matter (atleast in Sweden).

Amateur

...To sum it up...

Another thing i would like fixed as it's very annoying, is the shameful bids other clubs keep making on my players.

So lets say i've got a young player (whom i bought myself or i've gotten via my youth system), the players does well in my club and other clubs make transferbids. I laugh at the amount they are offering as i usually want much more for my players (i don't give my players away for free you know). Anyways i tell the club (s) the amount i want, they back off. Then later (usually when the next transferwindow opens) the same club(s) comes with the same ****** offers like they totally forgot what i told them the last time they came to me with that crap.

Seriously i know you can set it so you automaticly say no to those kinds of offers but i shouldn't have to, Arsenal or whomever should remember that i want atleast £20m for my striker and not a penny less...

Amateur

Oh yeah i found an easy solution, it's not the perfect one (wich would probably involve screwing with the AI-code). Instead of only beeing able to set "Accept all offers of xx or more but reject lower" you should be able to set it to something like this: "Accept all offers of xx or more and renegotiate lower (to asking price)"

Amateur

i think the idea about the option to start as a clubs under 18 manager or reserve team manager would be a great idea! that would be very realistic and a great way to work your way up to better jobs!

Amateur

im really sorry if this has been mentioned before but i just wanted to get the idea across.

was playing the otehr night when i was ****ing about with the mouse cursor over the game that was playing, then i wondered if you could implement a way of "shouting instructions" by clicking and dragging players.

i.e, clicking and dragging the striker towards the goal (whcih obviously wouldnt move him during the course of his game) would be the equivalent of you shouting "get forward", same if you clicked over a defender and dragged the mouse cursor towards the goal youre defending, "stay back"

maybe dragging down could be "concentrate", up might be something else.

its just a quicker and more conveniant way of tweaking tactics i suppose.

Semi Pro

Originally posted by dufftownallan:
    im really sorry if this has been mentioned before but i just wanted to get the idea across.

was playing the otehr night when i was ****ing about with the mouse cursor over the game that was playing, then i wondered if you could implement a way of "shouting instructions" by clicking and dragging players.

i.e, clicking and dragging the striker towards the goal (whcih obviously wouldnt move him during the course of his game) would be the equivalent of you shouting "get forward", same if you clicked over a defender and dragged the mouse cursor towards the goal youre defending, "stay back"

maybe dragging down could be "concentrate", up might be something else.

its just a quicker and more conveniant way of tweaking tactics i suppose.
    With the way the match engine currently works it wouldn't be possible to give instant commands without the match having to stop and recalculate.

The way you suggested doesn't seem to be a very good way either IMO.

Amateur

The ability to add TWO arrows to players on the tactics screen so I can get my DM to move left and right, or my wingbacks forwards and back.. or wingers with farrows before cutting inside when the approach the box etc.

Third Team
    Its hard to stay mad...when there\'s so much beauty in the world.

Originally posted by Liquid Tension:
    The ability to add TWO arrows to players on the tactics screen so I can get my DM to move left and right, or my wingbacks forwards and back.. or wingers with farrows before cutting inside when the approach the box etc.
    I think I would like to go one better on this and say to add enough arrows to a player in order to describe his personal playing space.

Amateur
    Pride Park, now and forever, Billy Davies the God, Pete Gadsby the saviour, Derby County the religion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like better interativity, player not interested? Well tell him where you want to take the club and can only achieve this with him there, board not wanting to expand wage budget? Explain to them that this one player who wants over the odds wages could just propel the team to the title.

Amateur

Sorry if this has already been posted

i want to suggest that we can "steal" transfers like chelsea did to man u when they signed Obi Mikel...or like ac milan almost did to inter milan when they signed david suazo.....

Amateur

dont know if this has been posted yet as i cant be bothered to read through 24 pages!

i think you should be able to cancel a future transfer. this would be particularly useful if you have taken over form a previous manager who has agreed to sign a player you dont want or you agree to sign some one but realise it doesnt make financial sense and want to get some one else insted. or you may just want to cheat and arrange a transfer for the end of the season for some one whos contract will expire then cancel and get them for free before any one has chance to offer a deal!

Third Team
    Its hard to stay mad...when there\'s so much beauty in the world.

Originally posted by andysharkey21:
    it doesnt make financial sense and want to get some one else insted. or you may just want to cheat and arrange a transfer for the end of the season for some one whos contract will expire then cancel and get them for free before any one has chance to offer a deal!
    This is just plain wrong. That is what management is all about, making the choices and sticking by them.
    I could decided to sign 50 on-free players, and as soon as the date approaches, cancel 49 of the transfers. This would mean that those players have not got any options left.

Highly unrealistic. Sorry.

Amateur

you can't cancel future transfer as it was already on an agreement before, if you think again it will be so unfair for the player even though it is a game...

Youth Team
    Still playing FM06, still hoping to get the England job after 85 seasons!

Originally posted by prince_capri:
    quote:
    Originally posted by andysharkey21:
    it doesnt make financial sense and want to get some one else insted. or you may just want to cheat and arrange a transfer for the end of the season for some one whos contract will expire then cancel and get them for free before any one has chance to offer a deal!
    This is just plain wrong. That is what management is all about, making the choices and sticking by them.
    I could decided to sign 50 on-free players, and as soon as the date approaches, cancel 49 of the transfers. This would mean that those players have not got any options left.

Highly unrealistic. Sorry.

An agreed transfer is a legally binding contract. In real life, unless it contained a clause specifying that it could be cancelled with no compensation due, then you would have to pay the other club compensation for breach of contract. Therefore, shouldn't be possible in FM.

Amateur

For FM08 I'd like to see more media comments, maybe press conference - especially before & after champions league matches & internationals.

It's always good to have loads of media comments to respond to.

Also friendlies before major international tournaments.

Amateur

i'm sure this has been said before but i'd like to add my support for it: managers should be able to pick their favoured players and teams DURING a career...

maybe when picking your favourite teams, you could be given a choice from all the teams you have managed, rather than just any team, as that would lead to strange and unrealistic situations.

or when picking your favourite players, you could be given a choice of players you have praised in the media, or players who have praised you... again this would be more realistic than being able to pick some random venezuelan second division player as one of your favoured ones... if the game could find a way of monitoring the players and teams you have a rapport with, and give you the choice of listing them as your favourite ones, i think that would be quality...

i'm not sure how easy that would be for the makers... it's just an idea

Amateur

You should be able to put pictures,while playing the game.Without any 3rd programms.

For example:When you going on a players profile there should be an option to put a picture for the player (normal,small,backround)just like starting a game and putting a picture of yours as a manager.
    Same goes for the Logos and Kits.
    When you watch a clubs information there should be an option to put or change the Logos/kits while playing.

When you build a new stadium,there should be a list of pictures how the stadium will look like.
    And when playing at home in the new stadium there should be the picture in the background.

More options for team talks:
    Im am proud of you (after winning imp.matches)
    we are the champions not them (for defending the cup or championship)

Match engine:Instead of sompreros,use of full body players (like in the FMC 2.0 graphic update)
    or 3d engine

When winning a cup or the championship there should be a fireworks background (mentioned before)

Amateur

you should be able to negotiate deals with feeder clubs and choose your own rather than the board choosing them

Amateur

Sorry if this has been posted before, but what about the ability to explain to players why the have been subbed?

Just had my new record signing throw the toys out of the pram because I brought him off to give his understudy a 20 minute run!!

Amateur

A new staffingpost, i'm not sure about what to call it but Youth Manager or something should do. Basicly what he does is handle the youthteam. Here in sweden it's not uncommon to get lowerleague managers to sign on to handle the youthteams (when the team seriously wants to invest into the youthside of their club).

Amateur

The one thing that really annoys me is the lack of a proper coach report facility. The scout system , which has a couple of problems , is all the same an excellant system. The coach report system is rubbish.

And another thing about lower league clubs. When you get a triallist in you should get a scout like report from your coaches aswell.

Amateur

j-league please......
    i love to play j-league when it was still CM....

Amateur

If I have 250k in my bank in May and I know that I will have enough to buy a 5mil player in July then I'd like to be able to make bids which would only go through if enough mony is produced by a certain date and i don't have to wait until the new season and the new fund is in.

Amateur

apologies if these have been said, but i don't have time to super-scan 25 pages!
    I would really like to see more interaction options with players than just the media praise and game talks. In particular the option to talk in more detail to the captain (as would happen in real life). More detail in tactics, especially for set pieces, would also be good.

Amateur

Something I've always been missing in the CM/FM series, is a club shortlist.

You could then stick clubs of your choice onto this shortlist, and get all related news about the listed clubs.

Semi Pro

Something that I probably suggested in the past is the idea of having press conferences after certain matches, certainly the ones that are shown on TV. I know that often in your inbox you get a question saying that [x] has been in good form, so what do you think - followed by five options saying roughly that he's the first name on the team sheet, that you hope he can maintain his performance etc.

But that's fairly uninteractive - it'd be nice to have the option of having genuine press conferences where the press can ask about specific players' form, your thoughts about challenging for the title, your recent run of form, unhappy players etc., instead of having various questions placed into your inbox at seemingly random times.

Amateur

What would everyone think of some in-game advice from the ass man?

Maybe something along the lines of "their number 9 is dictating play, maybe put a man-marker on him?" or something like that..

Nothing overly detailed, and nothing that pops up every 30 seconds, maybe just once or twice a match?

Amateur

1) allow league reps to change, they should change slowly but they still should change over time
    2) allow for maximum staff allowed to grow, it is frustrating getting stuck with a small number of coaches and scouts because my reputation was low when the game started
    3) i have had a problem with a max, low number of feeders, not sure if thats long term or not but i quit so i wont know
    4) make tactics easier to understand and fix\tinker with
    5) a trophy room

Amateur
    Pride Park, now and forever, Billy Davies the God, Pete Gadsby the saviour, Derby County the religion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe at half-time, and there are throw-ins, corners etc and then a full time report to save till next time.

Injury relapses. How annoying would it be for your star striker to be overcoming cruciate knee ligaments for him to break down in training again. Annoying but realistic.

1. An expanded league system for all available leagues (especially german league, hope they can include the 3.bundesliga due on 08/09 season).

2. When we choose to resign from our post, we can pick a reason behind our resignation (taking a break, clash with chairman/b.o.d, requires fresh challenge, chairman selling/signing player without consent. etc)

3. When chairman try to sign/sell a player without our consent, we can issue a press statement to assure/remind/deter the chairman not to interfere in the team affair in an attempt to block the transfer.

4. We can solve personal problems between players who have poor relationship with each other.

Semi Pro
    In the twitterverse @yashidiy was blogging at fmrashidi.wordpress.com and hopes to b back soon

My word this is a long thread...no summary? Hmm would have been nice

Amateur

we need more in game advise!!! at the moment it's just too hard for the average gamer.

FM 2008 Wishlist Summary

All suggestions post FM2007 release (October 2006 - current) in no particular order.

Decent Suggestions

• More detailed team talks
    • Training - Specific reccommendations to each player
    • More Player Interaction
    • Staff Interaction
    • Improved board interacton
    • Improved international management
    • Manager Clauses (release clause etc)
    • More player release clauses
    • More Staff movements when managers change
    • Fans interaction
    • More input from assitant manager/coaches
    • Better regens
    • More media on big tournaments (world cup etc)
    • Choice to chose more than 1 fav club on start-up
    • Choice to choose what languages you speak on start-up
    • Better use of scouts
    • In game phyio report
    • In game assistant manager report
    • Winning leagues/trophys at smaller clubs has more meaning
    • Ability to ask for extra funds to buy a player if you dont have enough
    • More commentary
    • More media in general
    • More team talk options
    • Ability to reject all enquiries automatically
    • Yellow cards for time-wasting
    • More realistic financial model so clubs dont get to £2b then go to -£2b
    • Board hiring/firing DOF over your head
    • Squad numbers for international competitions
    • Testimonials
    • Trophy Room (mixed reactions)
    • Map so you can see where the club plays (mixed reactions)
    • Anything that Dave C suggests [/list]
      Crap Suggestions

• Being the chairman
      • Manager being able to spend wages
      • Making players get banned for drugs
      • Players getting arrested
      • Players dying
      • Players/Managers personal lives in game
      • Difficulty settings (too arcade like)
      • 3D Match Engine (more work needed on current engine)
      • Manager has options to change kits
        {*}Manager has opton to set ticket prices, hot dog prices, beer prices etc
      • Manager has option to choose sponsors
      • Manager has option to do anything else the chairman does
      • Streakers, naked dancers, cheerleaders etc
      • Players fighting
      • Pitch invasions
      • fans fighting
      • fans racist chanting
      • fans throwing things on pitch[/list]
        Thats upto page 15 so far, these are just the main ideas, alot of the suggestions are repeated.

Amateur

The tactics screen has always frustrated me in that it is universal. How about having an offensive and defensive screen so that you can be a bit more specific. Or at least some options for forwards to stay up front. Most choices seem to be about players going forward, but we need some options for when we are defending. I quite like the idea of managers being able to become offensive or defensive gurus.

Also, I list players as unavailable for transfer or loan, but clubs keep making apporaches. What's the point of the option if the game takes no notice?

How about a "Save of the Season" as well as goal of the season?

Just what does the director of football do at a club? Could this be made more of a feature?

I know it's been said but I would definitely like to either be able to tell a player why they have been subbed or the game to at least realise that when winning 3-0 with 5 minutes to go subbing a player is not the end of the world. (Or do I just have really temperemental players?!)

Pre-match talks could be enhanced to show attitude - ie Attack from the start, be cautious, don't lose an early goal, be patient, don't let them dwell on the ball etc. I know tactics can do this, but this could be used for the first 5-10 minutes and reduce the number of in-game clicks!

Training - or at least the feedback on training. Everyone says ignore the red and green arrows - so why have them? And why have them fluctuate so much? I have a central defender out injured with a foot injury, but apparently during his time off training he loses his ability to mark or head the ball! I would prefer more detailed feedback which tells me whether training is working rather than waiting for a season to discover it has been a waste of time. What's the point in 5* coaches if they can't tell you the impact they are having.

It's still a great game, even with all these minor requests....

Id like to see drag and drop substitutions, without having to pause the game etc.

the ability to just drag a sub over a player, or vise-versa, and then the substitution happens when the ball next goes out of play.

Amateur

the same fixtures as in real life

Amateur

I have got a brilliant one:

You can start the game as unemployed but as well as being offered positions as manager straight away, the manager could ask you to be reserve team manager say with Fulham then if Sanchez gets sacked you apply etc

Amateur

I don't know if these have been mentioned earlier on, I read a few pages but couldn't manage 25.

- Training camps: This could be done like requesting a feeder club. You could request whether you want to go on a superior facilities one, a team bonding one, acclimatising to foreign weather one, and then the board get back to you with some options and prices and you get to choose.

- Re-arranged fixtures: In real life when a game gets cancelled the two teams involved get to choose when the rearranged game should be played (certainly at Conference level they do as I work in the club offices!) If you have a game cancelled to international call-ups, you could get given maybe 3 or 4 potential dates for the game to be re-played on, therefore you dont get 4 games in a week just before your Champions League Semi-Final match, leaving all your players either knackered or injured and getting slaughtered in that match (ok this one may be more sour grapes, but it would still be nice to implement).

- Under 16 teams: In real life you wouldn't get a 14 year old playing for the under 18's, so maybe having an extra age group, where you can only offer youth contracts and then have to choose how many you feel you can promote into senior contracts. Would also be nice for those like me who love to bring through youngsters and see them progress.

Amateur

A few minor suggestions, not vital but would make things more realistic.

Players have medicals, then your Fitness Coach/Ass Man would give you a report and/or view on his fitness, injury pronenes etc.

When a player signs, when there should be some sort of media involvement, maybe a question to the manager asking why you bought him etc. I think a player stating his detemination or hoping to learn from player are examples of this but there could be more options, like they were swayed by the manager or other player giving advice.

Some more "clauses" in the contracts. I.e some players have a clause that if a top 4 club (maybe hard to implement this) comes in, he is allowed to talk to the club.

I think the Friendly tour option should include you taking a certian squad, similar to the international squad being named.

Setting player targets for the season is something i like the idea of. I.e At the start of the season tell "Striker A" you like x amount of goals for the season. Maybe a reward in the conract or just a target so you could rate his seasonal performance.

Being able to visit or read some sort of Fan Club reaction or something, to give a different sides of things that the media would say.

Amateur

Players have medicals, then your Fitness Coach/Ass Man would give you a report and/or view on his fitness, injury pronenes etc.

When a player signs, when there should be some sort of media involvement, maybe a question to the manager asking why you bought him etc. I think a player stating his detemination or hoping to learn from player are examples of this but there could be more options, like they were swayed by the manager or other player giving advice.

Some more "clauses" in the contracts. I.e some players have a clause that if a top 4 club (maybe hard to implement this) comes in, he is allowed to talk to the club.

I think the Friendly tour option should include you taking a certian squad, similar to the international squad being named.

Setting player targets for the season is something i like the idea of. I.e At the start of the season tell "Striker A" you like x amount of goals for the season. Maybe a reward in the conract or just a target so you could rate his seasonal performance.
    Great ideas mate, maybe you should e-mail them to SI?

Amateur

We can manage England but what about the England Select team for llamas? I'd love to be offered the job.

Also what about a patch for those of us who like to manage lower league teams? The patch could have the league pyramid go beyond Conference North/South.

Amateur

Here's a little one for the graphical interface.

On the training progress screen, if you select a group like "attacking" there is no option to pick which line is on top. So if two or more values all have the same value you can never see one of them.

We need to be able to click on an attribute and that line comes to the foreground (perhaps in bold too).

International Squad

Maybe this was posted, but go anyway.

My friend asked me to tell SI that he needed nicknames.

Examples are as follows.

If Del Piero scores,

"DEL PIERO SCORES FOR JUVENTUS!"

If Del Piero makes a great performance,

"WHAT A PERFORMANCE FROM THE JUVENTUS CAPTAIN, ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!"

If Del Piero scores his 250th goal in his career,

"HERE IT IS! DEL PIERO SCORES HIS 250TH GOAL IN HIS CAREER! A LEGENDARY STRIKER! OH ... WHAT A DAY! A VERY GOOD DAY FOR IL PINTURICCHIO!"

See the difference? Yes, the name. My friend thinks that we have nicknames showing up only in some historical situation.

Hope this is a good idea.

FORZA SI!

Amateur

to be able to choose what season to start in.

eg. fm 07 is the 06/07 season, well if u get updates for real life club signings for summer 07 then maybe start the game for the 07/08 season instead of 06/07 season.

don't know how this could be implemented though

Amateur

Right an idea which will should help making tactics easier, variations. They already exist you say, well you can create new tactics and swap between them easilly so I guess they are. However if you want to tweak the tactic its very frustrating. If you want to make changes to all your variations (like corner routine) you have to do it to each an every tactic (I have about 4 versions of my tactic for different situations) plus theres the frustration of the stupid way the game saves files and after my work I've found out it didn't save it properly and I can't access it quickly. You end up having loads of tactis in your folder e.g 4-4-2 (Cork City Mar 2010), 4-4-2 (Cork City Jul 2010) ect.

So to solve this I would like to see proper variations added. So you would create your base tactic then 'create variation' and the settings you put on the variation would overide the ones on the base tactic. Tweak the base tactic to make changes to all the tactics and tweak the variation to change one tactic. The variations would be under a drop down list to save space. Also the save button should work like saving a game, Save to overwrite and Save as to create a new file.

Another idea I've been thinking about is player specific instructions. Player specific instructions would just basically overide the current player instructions so you can get the best out of different players. It would be useful when you make changes to your team and your player instructions automatically adjust to that player.

For example you replace Carrick for Gerrard. As an example Carrick has only 12 for long shots so you don't want him to shoot from long range, you'd rather have him pick out a pass, so you have his long shots on rarely. However when Gerrard comes on he has 18 long shots, you want to take advantage of that ability by setting it to often. You dont want to do this everytime Gerrard comes on for Carrick. So you would set a player specific instruction on Gerrard to have long shots on often. So now whenever Gerrard comes on he has his long shots set to often automatically. This would also be useful for when you bringing on a fast striker for a tall one.

Also a shortcut for getting to the detailed tactical screen during matches would be nice (would really help laptop users!).

Youth Team

Adaptation of the Future Transfer ins/out sceen or a new "list" of current negotiations of player contracts and transfer fees.

Ok at present we have the scenario where we initally bid for players, offer contracts and then either sign them or delay them. The only way we know who we are signing is via the FT in screen, correct. What this fails to list is the contract offer etc.

Now what im proposing is that the system stays the same with a minor tweek.

Its quite simple, i would like an extra comparison screen or an ammendment to the existing future transfers in/out screen. I would like a list of all the contracts and transfers values being offered to players/clubs so that i can compare them prior to making a decision on who to sign. The reason being i may find someone better than player no 1 whom i have offered a contract to so therefore do not want to pursue player no 1 and go with player no 2.

An example would be say i need a right winger, ive scouted 5 players and now im placing my offer on the table to the clubs. They accept the offers so now im at negotiation stage with the players. i offer contracts out to them all and now i want to deliberate ove who to actually sign. There is no way of doing this at present apart from making a note on paper what you have offered to whom, its a lot to write dow including the bonuses etc.

With the extra info on the future transfers in/out i can compare easily with a drop down or filter menus as with the contract screen on team player screen. On the screen the filters would be all items listed at contract negoitiation eg appearence bonues etc, basic wage, signing on fee etc and also including the transfer breakdown eg initial fee, fee over months, and int appearences etc.

I just feel that this would add a nice touch and be a very useful tool to help the user tying it altogether.

Feel free to add.

Amateur

Originally posted by Phillyb86:
    to be able to choose what season to start in.

eg. fm 07 is the 06/07 season, well if u get updates for real life club signings for summer 07 then maybe start the game for the 07/08 season instead of 06/07 season.

don't know how this could be implemented though
    In Sweden i got the choice to choose between starting in the 2006 or 2007 seasons, think its the same for the rest of the scandinavian countries too, where they dont play over the winter

Amateur

I really think there should be an option to help choose sponsors and what the kit looks like. Or at least have the kit changed every so often and get given pics of the new kits.

Also I think

Optional Press conferences with three or four questions would be good every so often. Instead of just the odd question about a match or transfer target from the media.

Maybe a magazine that comes out every month giving an overview of transfers and news in addition to interviews with players and managers. These magazines could be stored in a sort of in-game cabinet if you ever wanted to look through events of past years at a glance.

The manager should have some control over the stadium (the type of pitch, shape of stands etc.) and as your reputation grows the board listen more to your ideas on stadium development.

Transfer negotiations could be more in depth so that you are given plenty of info as to why a bid was rejected or why a clb is unwilling to sell a player. I know this is sort of already in the game but sometimes I feel frustrated when a bid is rejected and there is no given reason. Transfer dealing is certainly an area that could be worked on anyhow. Perhaps an option to get one player on a loan deal with another going in the other direction. Or the ability to loan a player for more than just one season without tabling a new bid. Think Rui Fonte, Radek Cerny etc.

I also agree with what someone put further up as well about putting in your own picture on your manager page, I think that would really personalise the game and make you feel more like it is yourself managing the team.

Expaning on the feature in 07 where you get to put your previous status (Professional footballer etc.) I think you should be able to choose exactly which clubs you played for and how well you did there.

Just ideas. I know some of them have flaws

Amateur

Suggestions:[LIST]
  70. TRAINING:More Coach classes. In real life there aren't just the calsses present in FM, there are coaches who deal specifically with each area: there are coaches who deal only with the technical aspects in game and do a personalized work with every player. ex Ryan Babel is one of the players that as his own Technical Trainner. A small amout of coaches (3 or 4) should be able to deal with a 24 players squad. Reports about who trained best who is more fit to play the next game, who deserve to play and that kind of stuff.

71. TRANSFERS. Ability to talk with players before talking with the club. Better real-time interaction when negotiating. Clubs will answer how much he wants for the player rather then just rejecting. Only in special cases teams should say that the player won't leave for any price!
  72. FINANCES. They are very unrealistic! Clubs with a negatice money should open bankrupcy or ask the bank for some money, or otherwise players start complaining to the media about unpaid wages.

73. TACTIAL. End with sliders. Make it more intuitive. Like in real life coach draws in a board what will the formation be and tells every one what to do. Maybe reintroduce the old with the ball and without the ball board! Mentality shouldn't be mixed with the position the player is.

74. PLAYER AGENTS: Add this feature. Agents don't need to be the same as real life just get some fake ones. Agents will always suggest players to the clubs they work more with.

75. PLAYERS PASSES BEING HOLD BY ECONOMICAL GROUPS. Add this please. Lots of clubs in Europe like Fc Porto, West Ham, work with this groups so that they can get better player without paying that much!

76. MANAGERS. In Real Life every Manager as his own staff. Like as Ass Man he always works with that when he leaves the club they will leave too.

77. SQUAD MANAGEMENT. Introduce a Talk in the beggining of the official season whre manager can say to the players what he wants for them in this season. Like Mourinho is telling Drogba he wants more goals! And Alex with Ronaldo. Player could be dismissed from the squad like in the Real Life. Barcelona said Giuly to seek his agent and find a new club. So he can is still in contract with the club but he won't train with the club he will be appart from the team but he is linked with the club and it isn't us who need to find a new club is the AGENT!
  78. PLAYER VALUE. Values more real. Why a youngster with no future in Real Madrid is 1M when no one will accept him on free.

Amateur

80. AFFILIATES. Suggest to the board one and what kind of affiliate you want!

81. BOARD. The board should be more active. MAnager should say I want a Central Defender and the board say we have this 5 players who do you want. Sometimes the manager doesn't have an affordable target and he needs suggstions. Board could run the negotiations, like in real life.

Amateur

[LIST]I would like to see lapavona's at the end of a cup final or play off.
    [LIST]I would also like to see 2D presentations if possible for a cup win
    [LIST]I would like to see pitch invasions
    [LIST]I think punch ups on the pitch which could lead to the tunnel

Amateur

Although it was talked about in other topics (hope not in this one): I'd like to see a balance of the money I make as a manager and perhaps to introduce wage for international managers. A simple sum of wage income, the bonuses I get in case the manager get bonuses from winning competitions or something.

And second the remove of age limitation for managers.

Certain Western Europeans being lured by massive offers from Eastern clubs, such as the recent transfers of Lucarelli,Tekke,Caner,Pelizzoli etc

Well, over at TheDugout Community, there is a large/vast list of ideas by its members, Thought I would bring it to the attention of the SI GAMES, crew, just incase they missed it. It can be found here

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/sh...ad.php?t=30377

Everton\'s Next Manager

I think a good feature for fm 2008 would be more realistic player lifes for example: Wayne Rooney was drunk and trashed the hotel u were staying at and your options could be :
    Fine Him 1 weeks Wages
    Let him off with a warning
    Ban him from the next away game
    or something like that. This would make the game more realistic because not all players are perfect.

Amateur

It would be good if we had a 3D vision of the Trophy celebrations on the pitch and you should be able to decide your club's jerseys

Amateur

i reckon because of such popularity in chairman's wanting to build new stadiums, there should be a new stadium window in which looks like the tactics window which you can alter and play around with your squad and tactics but instead should show like a 2D view of your current stadium with maybe 3D versions of new stands available within your budget and within the aloud building permission or w/e. Sure this might not be what the manager is appionted for or what the manager's job is but still in real life isnt the manager consulted about the stadium and plans shown to him? surely this would make the game more realistic and enjoyable for all.

Semi Pro

Long thread not sure if this as been mentioned:

Being able to custom build your own leagues with the editor.

By this i mean from scratch with your own set of rules and not over another leagues layout.

After a lot of regular games many of us end up editing custom leagues to have fun before the new version comes out. being able to build custom leagues would be fab.

I think the changing of strips after a couple of seasons would be a good idea. Perhaps only for the licensed teams. The manager does not necessarily need to have a choice of the new strip is (as this does not happen in real life) but would be something to look forward to at the start of a new season. No matter whether the strip is good, ugly or weird.

Amateur

I'm sure ill get slated for this but here goes anyway.

In my opinion the game is getting far far too detailed tactically. Some people will claim that this statement is rubbish as they find it extremely easy, well thats fair enough, but i believe the majority of people who play the game do not have the time to sit down and study for a degree in SI tactics before enjoying some success in this game.

I mean ive read alot of threads on here in the vain hope of learning how to consistanty win on this game and some people appear to actually dedicate their entire lives to knowing this game inside out.

Not everyone has the time nor the will to do this SI. I love these games but i think the push for the most realistic game is coming at a cost to enjoyment.

Theres my opinion for what its worth.

Amateur

I would like to option to total up certain attributes. I select my players for specific positions on who has the highest total of x,y and z attribute, If there was a function which i could set up and view this before selecting my teams this would be great. At the moment I need a calculator, pen and paper to do this!

Amateur

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Michael Foster:
    FM 2008 Wishlist Summary

94. Players fighting

This is actually in the game to some extent! I just a piece of new saying that Kieron Dyer (who else) and some Newcastle loanee signing having a fight in training!

Amateur

Scout Tournament Reminders

Another little option I'd like is for the club secretary etc to remind you when a tournament is starting, so you can send your scouts to it, such as the Euro under 21's, African nations etc

Amateur

Sorry if these have already been mentioned.

1.I'd like a way to criticise or praise the defence or midfield as a whole unit. Eg. you win 4-3 you praise your atacking pkayers but are unhappry with the defensive play.

2.I'd like to be able to appoint a Head of Youth. Someone who can reccomend layers in my reserves or U18's, say they would benefit from a loan spell or ready for 1st team action.

3.I'd like to personally give awards to players at the end of each season. Clubs in real life have awards for fans and ones chosen by the club.

4.To be able to add favoured clubs and players as you go along. Could help get a job or sign a player.

5.A clever addition would be to be able to target an opposition player for provokation. Eg. tell your CB to have a quiet word in the ear with someone with a temper like Rooney. In an aim to get him sent off.

6.Like to be able to choose from a pool of regens instead of just being given the useless lot at the moment.

7.I'd like a trophy cabinet to keep track with what i have won at clubs i have managed.

8.Testimonials would be a nice touch.

9.Hold press confrences for new players and more press conferences in general.

If anyone has any opinions fell free to comment. Good or bad!

Banned

Basic improvements

* General match engine improvements

-Strikers know when to try and cross a ball instead of trying a shot with an impossible angle. No matter what is in in information.

-More long range goals. I dont really see them as much anymore.

-Defenders need to be more aware of things on the pitch. They do some stupid things that never really happen in real life.

-General man marking needs improving. They dont really man mark players do they?

Transfer rule suggestion

This new rule is probably going to become more and more used in the future, so should be used in the game.

The ability for a player to buy out his remaining 2 years of contract

It being suggested in real life that Heinze may take up this option. He will pay Man Utd 6.8 Million, be released, then join Liverpool who will give him a big sign on fee to cover his losses.

I believe this should most definitely be included.

In the game you could 'tap up' players and see who is interested, or filter them players out in the player search.

You could then negotiate with the player saying that if they pay off their contract totalling 3mil, you will compensate them with a hefty sign on fee.

Maybe to spice it up a bit, when a player leaves his club, you can refuse to sign him (cruel), or a rival club could come in and try and snap him up.

Melvinfinchett

I would like to be able to go on tours or enter preseason tournaments so you could make your team rep imporve team and get more mercandise sales

what do you think?

Amateur

Originally posted by Michael Foster:
    FM 2008 Wishlist Summary

All suggestions post FM2007 release (October 2006 - current) in no particular order.

Decent Suggestions

• Anything that Dave C suggests [/list]
    Agreed

My main point is the stupid use of Squad numbers by the AI. "Normally" we tend to see clubs use the following for the first 11:
    1: GK, 2: DR, 3: DL, 4: MC/DC, 5: DC, 6: DC/MC, 7: MR, 8: MC, 9: ST, 10: ST, 11: ML

Then 12 or 13 for the sub GK depending on where you are, I see 19 alot as a ST, the rest of the number dont tend to have a pattern.

I know this is more cosmetic, but we need a better AI management of squad numbers.

Say a GK joins a club when there is already a #1. So he gets any old number thats available. Then the #1 leaves and our budding GK manages to work his way into the #1 spot, but he still has the same squad number...
    Basically, we need to have the squad numbers change to reflect a players prefered squad number, or a squad number suitable for his position.

Banned

Originally posted by Melvinfinchett:
    I would like to be able to go on tours or enter preseason tournaments so you could make your team rep imporve team and get more mercandise sales

what do you think?
    You already can.

Melvinfinchett

Originally posted by alanricouk:
    quote:

what do you think?
    You already can.
    #

oh yea don't know what am i on about just been watching man u so must of give me the idea

Melvinfinchett

quote:
    quote:

what do you think?
    You already can.
    #

oh yea don't know what am i on about just been watching man u so must of give me the idea

sorry about the double post but mabye they could be improved to imporve you rep and mercandise sales and the could be a chart like the scout one to show how well your are know around the world

AUDIO COMMENTARY!!

it was great in CM2...and then disappeared. Bring it back in FM 2008. It isn't that hard to do...FIFA and ProEvo games do it

Amateur

quote:
    quote:
    quote:

what do you think?
    You already can.
    #

sorry about the double post but mabye they could be improved to imporve you rep and mercandise sales and the could be a chart like the scout one to show how well your are know around the world

I like this idea, perhaps something along the lines of hiring a commercial director ( similar to the post liverpool have recently created at their club) This person is know responsible for managing and developing commercial activity. He could perhaps issue a report every six months or whatever with recommendations on how to take advantage of the clubs reputation ( tours to asia etc) or on how to build the clubs reputation (perhaps hosting friendly tournaments, charity matches etc)

Amateur

Why would a manager hire a commercial director. Chairmen or directors would do that.

Amateur

Something i would like to see is:

Being able to sign, for example, a young south american player (or non EU), then send them on loan to an affiliated club to gain EU citizenship...

Happens alot in 'real' life, and should be on the game....

Originally posted by santa19:
    i reckon because of such popularity in chairman's wanting to build new stadiums, there should be a new stadium window in which looks like the tactics window which you can alter and play around with your squad and tactics but instead should show like a 2D view of your current stadium with maybe 3D versions of new stands available within your budget and within the aloud building permission or w/e. Sure this might not be what the manager is appionted for or what the manager's job is but still in real life isnt the manager consulted about the stadium and plans shown to him? surely this would make the game more realistic and enjoyable for all.
    I kind of like the chairman ideas, for me i just simply want some thing to do with the hard earned money made when i'm the manager. I just don't see the point in accepting a very high wage and not see any thing for it, i'd just love some options where i could put the money to good use like:

Co-Owning Players (tevez situation comes to mind)
    Shares in the football club your managing and/or other clubs
    Able to buy a football club or part own with the options to sell
    Able to set up your own club and try to bring them success (sunday league comes to mind)
    Able to bribe players out of your own money to join the club (keeps the football club out of it)

Theres probably better ideas out there but i think it would be good to have some thing to do with the money to earn.

Araz

Amateur

Ive scanned through the above ideas so sorry if any of these are repeats

Youth managment -This may be a big ask but i'd really like to see more on the youth system, with the ability to change the kind of set up you have, having acadamies which can be adjusted to focus on developing different kinds of players - ie, coaching fitness and strength, or speed and creativity. For me the kids promoted from the youth ranks in FM can be very random even when you have a top youth system

training involvement - i'd liek to see the training become more than just a set of sliders. Nothing too drastic, still incorporating the current system but with the adition of controllable once/ twice weekly training sessions involving small matches, drills , etc. Additionally this could be a handy inclusion especially for International managment prior to matches and during competitions

Board interaction - the expansion of the boards influence in the game. Involving meeting pre-season setting out their expected targets for the season, whilst also including some sort of system to 'barter' with the chairmen over wage and spending allowance etc etc

In depth physio reports - Over the last few incarnations of FM the scout report has developed but sadly the physio reports seem to have been ignored. More in depth comments about a players injury would be welcome, stating more than just the general nature of the problem - just a few medical terms on the kind of break a player has sustained ie, the old Beckham metatarsal saga over again but with your star winger instead

Press conferences - I'ce always thought this would be a neat little inclusion in the game - having conferences to unveil a new signing, with questions from the media on your aims for the new guy and his role in your team. Or post match tunnel interviews with Sky sports/ BBC on how the match went ..... wtih the option to opt out if the news agency has claimed you are corrupt in the past ((see Alex Ferguson))

Trophy room - maybe just a jumped up achievments screen , but seeing an actual cup with your teams colours attached would be great rather than just your clubs name on a list. This could also include mocked up pictures of youre teams celebrations after winning the league , or the misery after lossing in the play offs

2D match engine - although i have no problem with the match engine in its current form I would love to see the possibility of its expansion to include your grounds stands, showing the fans as they cheer your team on or boo them off! Come on , seeing a Mexican wave formed from a bunch of bobble heads has got to be a sight worth seeing!!

On the playing side of the match engine I would be very much for a slight change from being soley top down. Now im anti-3D at the moment but I cant help thinking how great it would be to play FM with a retro style engine as a nod to classic games from back when we were kids and didnt have the likes of FIFA and Pro Evo to disolve our eyes with their photo realism

Perhaps something like the follow:

Shot at 2007-07-20

Amateur

My wish is that FM08 has seriously worked on the Board. Clubs must have goals and targets (not sure what the specific terms in english is), most clubs have a target for the current season (sort of like you have now) AND! a longer term goal to lets say get to the Premiership.

This is very important, lets make up an example. You have a team in a lower division, their finances are good. The board decides that they want to try to make it to the premiership. This affects how they think about things, they will try to get a manger that will build the team with the future in mind.

Take that AI experiment team The Bandits, their board would absolutely decide to try to make it to the Premiership with their Riches and they would've hired their manager with that in mind and made sure that he actually made use of their enormous budget. My guess is also that they would be able to attract players who normaly wouldn't play for them since some players notice that the club is serious about reaching the higher divisions.

My idea is rough i know and it needs alot of work, but if done correctly i seriously think it would add another level to the game.

Also i want the Youthteams to play in real youth-leagues like the do in real life, it would be an awesome aspect of the game if it really meant something when your youthteam actually won their league (like in real life)

Amateur

Notice: about that Board thing, the goal doesn't have to be the Premiership obviously it was just an example.

Amateur

I'll say it once i'll say it again SET PIECE DESIGNER!

Amateur

A feature i would also like to se in FM08 is more media comments about referees and officials. I know you can complain about officials if there is alledged controversy but i often find after the game that i am disgusted with the referees performance and there is no way i can complain. Would be nice to have an previous referee comment like the previos manager opponent comment.

• Closed Thread
    Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 65 ... LastLast