Closed Thread
Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,200 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Amateur

1.)We could spend our moneys which we earn in club.
    2.)We could control sponsors.
    3.)We could sell our stadiums' names and stands' namesto sponsors in game.
    4.)Sponsors will be real.From that SİGAMES earns money
    5.)Match engine will change.
    6.)The questions in press conference will be more.
    7.)There will be cup ceremony.
    8.)We could donate our eanings to our clup.
    9.)The player which plays 1.5 M € per annum before couldn't want 3.5 M € per annum.
    10.)We could open youth academies in different cities and countries.
    11.)There could be "interpreter" to foreign players and they will have got new tab "Languages"
    12.)There will be new staffs like lawyer, stadium manager, sales department manager etc... and they have got other attributes like:
    For lawyer: Defending the people, speech etc...
    For stadium manager: Understanding from pitch, architecture etc..
    For sales department manager: Financal control, statics, relation with supporters etc..
    13.)We could set the price of tickets and ticket prices could change to stand.
    14.)We could sell products like kits, scarfs, flags etc.. and we could buy they and we could set the price.
    15.)The game could be Turkish.
    16.)We could see chairman's and other manager's attributes.
    17.)We could open supporter's store on cities and countries where we want.
    18.)There could be preparation camps.
    19.)There could be punishments like closing stadium, playing match in neutral stadium etc...
    Last edited by main menu; 20-07-2011 at 20:00.

Amateur

I'd like a more hardcore option that hides attributes completely or just gives a rating as in Very Poor ( 1-5 ) , Poor ( 6-10 ) Good (11-15) very good ( 16-20 ) and make players watch matches to check for players and only have a hint about how good a player actually is in a category. And of course getting an exact rating , for example a very good for a 17 attribute , would require really good scouters.

Same for training, don't show sliders just tell if he has improved on something or if he s working on something, etc. You get the point.

This should only come as an additional difficulty level.

- increase the AI's training management , give them more schedules, etc AND increase the AI Capability to manage they're youngsters etc.

- Give managers more control over the relationship with the fans.
    - Give fans a bigger power in the game. Let us know how they feel.
    - Give chairmans more power in the game. We all know there are chairmans who do the transfers without asking managers , are more impulsive , etc. Show it in game.

One last point : Make the transfers more accurate. Sometimes we're asked to pay stupid prices for players that are far from deserving those prices. For example I got asked as Barcelona 360 milions for Fabregas in the second year when in the real life Arsenal would ask about 50 milion. Same goes for players like Rooney, Pato, etc. At the very most they should ask 100 milion for Rooney, even though thats not justified but going over that is lame.
    Last edited by Lexis; 20-07-2011 at 20:00. Reason: typo

Banned

Default Stadium Idea

I have a couple of ideas.

I have an Idea. It really annoys me when you see every single stadium looking the same.

This is the example i have come up with.

This is Adams Park, the home of Wycombe Wanderers. It may not be the best photo of the ground, but it demonstrates my point.

Thie is the Weston Homes Community Stadium, home of Colchester. I chose these two stadia as, give or take 100 people, they have the same capacity.

As you can see, at Adams Park the 4 stands differ in size, the far stand clearly being the larger with a double teir. Whereas the 3 others are relatively small, only one teir.

Whereas at Weston Homes, all 4 stands are roughly the same. The two ends are almost exactly the same, apart from the box that homes the stadium control type thing being in one. The same can be said for the two sides. Both are roughly the same, the only difference being that one homes the VIP boxes or whatever you want to call them.

This leads me to think, although these two stadia have almost exactly the same capacity, they look completely different, however in FM they will look almost identical in every way.

Basically what needs to happen is this, as obolensky said, you need to be able to edit indivdual stands, not the stadium as a whole.

Each stand should have it's own individual editor. Looking Like This, with an example:

Stand Name: The Bobby Robson North Stand
    End or Side: End
    Capacity: 15000
    Number of Tiers: 2
    VIP Boxes: No
    Extension Capacity: 30000
    Used Capacity: 15000
    Seated Capacity: 15000
    Standing Capacity: 0
    Number of Home Fans Capacity: 15000
    Number of Away Fans Capacity: 0
    Roof: Yes
    Colour of Seating: (Using the Colour Thing) Blue

Obviously, it's not going to look exactly alike, but you know, theres a general feel of it.

Also for the stadium editor, it should have things such as if there is seating in the corners, some teams have curved corners to fit in steaing, some don't. Also, not all teams have their tunnel in the middle, like Old Trafford, we should be able to change that. Also things such as Running Tracks should be able to be added, or the fencing that they have in european stadia. The backgrounds could also be changed, with housing, rural or something else able to put in. Car parks could be added. This in turn could be a thing that the board could choose to add, if the club has room they may choose to build a car park to bring in more fans.

I think with this suggestion, expanding the stadium would be much easier. Instead of expanding the whole stadium, you can expand a single stand, or multiple stands. This way you do not have to leave a stadium while it is expanded, simply not have the stand that is being expanded availible to use.

I think these changes are an ideal suggestion for the game, and i don't know easy they would be to implement, but the stands having differing sizes shouldn't be too hard.

Banned

Now, these are ideas i saw implemented in Championship Manager 10. It wasn't the greatest game, was a poor last game for the series that had been so good, i only bought it as it was £2.51.

However, no matter how bad it was, there were some ideas i really quite liked, and when there are good ideas, you should use them.

First Off: Watching Training/Training Routines
    Now, this was an idea i really really really liked. Basically, you could set up a training routine, such as a shooting routine, corners, free kicks or a practice XI vs XI match. I shall show this with images:

which would result in something similar to this:
    Click here to see it as i had use a link not image as i ran out of image space.

I really like this idea, not only does it train the players, but you can see how good players are without seeing them in a game situation. Although, the players may not be under the pressure of a game situation with defenders and such like, i would assume that the result would be exaclty as it would in a match in the same situation. This would be particularly useful for youth players or triallists, especially triallists that you take on mid season and cannot see in matches. I know that you can put them in reserve matches, but sometimes this won't be fair on the guy, as he probably won't get the same service he would in the first team.

Also i think the XI vs Xi feature is particlarly useful:

As it says in that box at the bottom, it could be used for all sorts of useful things. Testing triallists, youths, or a whole team when you first join them. This is particularly useful as it can be done any time and will also train players at the same time. Trying new tactics with your senior team without being in a competitive match mid season is also useful.

Secondly: Creating Set Pieces

Although CM 2010's effort at this was pretty poor, i am confident that FM could make a better job of it. In CM 2010 there was a feature that allowed you to create your own set piece routines. I know that FM already does this to an etent, but you cannot control the moves that the players take and who in particular the taker croses to, and how he does that. With this, you could create better set pieces, in my opinion. Such as a lay off type free kick done properly, that infamous man utd corner you may or may not have seen where they lay it off very short and aother player runs along and takes it, you may or may not have seen it, and it may or may not work, but that's not the point. We all see teams do routines which involve players running in different directions to lose markers and end up in prime positions for them to score. You get teams with players stading in bunches, then all running it different directions making them hard to pick up. This sort of thing can further benefit your game and get you the odd goal, and of course, if you make a bad one, not get you any.

Thirdly: Better Match Analysis

Here you can see that they have provided a replay of an event that was good or showed somethign useful, this time a shot on goal. I think this could be useful. It also provides the lines of where people ran with the ball, passed the ball etc, so that you can see who did what. I really don't have much to say about this, it pretty much speaks for itself as being able to review actions in a game and other things.

These are some suggestions i think that could go in. I know they're all from CM 2010, but i'm going for the old Chelsea slogan, "if you can't beat it, buy it". So far i think FM is lacking these, so we are "buying" from CM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by main menu View Post
    2.)We could control sponsors.
    3.)We could sell our stadiums' names and stands' namesto sponsors in game.
    4.)Sponsors will be real.From that SİGAMES earns money
    5.)Match engine will change.
    6.)The questions in press conference will be more.
    7.)There will be cup ceremony.
    8.)We could donate our eanings to our clup.
    9.)The player which plays 1.5 M € per annum before couldn't want 3.5 M € per annum.
    10.)We could open youth academies in different cities and countries.
    11.)There could be "interpreter" to foreign players and they will have got new tab "Languages"
    12.)There will be new staffs like lawyer, stadium manager, sales department manager etc... and they have got other attributes like:
    For lawyer: Defending the people, speech etc...
    For stadium manager: Understanding from pitch, architecture etc..
    For sales department manager: Financal control, statics, relation with supporters etc..
    13.)We could set the price of tickets and ticket prices could change to stand.
    14.)We could sell products like kits, scarfs, flags etc.. and we could buy they and we could set the price.
    15.)The game could be Turkish.
    16.)We could see chairman's and other manager's attributes.
    17.)We could open supporter's store on cities and countries where we want.
    18.)There could be preparation camps.
    19.)There could be punishments like closing stadium, playing match in neutral stadium etc...
    NO! Go play Fifa Manager.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brightonrock View Post
    No doubt there will be tweaks to the ME and UI, as there are every year. What I'd particularly like are revamped media/interaction options, training to be expanded further and some extra transfer clause options added. FM11 is not as bad as it is painted IMO - I never got into 2010 myself, but feel 2011 is far deeper.

+ More questions from journalists - it may not be new but it's popularity emphasises its importance - or at least the ability to add custom questions in the editor.
    + More possible answers to give - 7 instead of 5 would make it a little deeper and cause less repetition.
    + I'd like to see news outlets pick up on more than 1 answer, or players react to different ones - it seems the game selects one answer out of the 7/8 you give and one or two players will react. I said on a new job I like to play attacking football - my striker liked it. However I'd said in a different question that the strongest area of my team was defence - I'd like to see my defenders react to that too.
    + When the match report is displayed after a game, add a little depth to it. Say who delivered the cross or through ball for the player who scored. Instead of "an effort from the edge of the box" or "a close range effort", put a little more detail. "Giggs' through ball was steered home by Rooney", "Lampard fired home from 12 yards", "Crouch was on hand from close range to poke home Bale's cross ". The game knows the distance the goal was scored from, and whether it was a powerful shot or a placed one - so use that information. He stroked/slotted it home. He smashed/drilled it in. He turned it over the line. Just add a bit of variety. And maybe mention clear cut chances more - "Suarez was unlucky as his speculative curling effort struck the upright", or "Heskey missed a golden opportunity in the 19th minute when he blazed over from Agbonlahor's cut-back".
    + Much like press conferences, give us more to talk to players about. It has really made them feel more unique and human, having different relationships with different personality types - don't let that fall stagnant, expand on it.
    + Job interviews - mention what we want to do for the club, our aims, our plans, how much budget we'd like, mention a player we'd like to sign or a position we want to strengthen. The board responds with its expectations - it may say "we have no money in our budget so you'll have to sell before you can buy", or throw money around left right and centre. It's relationship with you in the interview, or in the first meeting when you're announced as manager, will hint to you about their patience, flexibility and support for you as you go forward.
    + Give us clearer training options. I like that specific focus can be added in 2011 - your promising centre back can learn tackling or build up his stamina - but some are missing. Marking is a key one which is linked to positioning but can definitely be taught, yet isn't available to pick - unlike determination or flair it is not an innate character trait, a bad marker can be made better - I know this as I've taught players in my real life team myself!
    + Add "if we stay up" bonuses, much like 'after promotion' bonuses - and "if we stay up" payments to the selling club to mirror promotion clauses. If I'm struggling in the Prem and buy a key Championship player, I want to tell the selling club I offer 2m upfront and a further 2m if he keeps us up this season. To the player, you get 15k p/w but a nice big juicy bonus if we stay up - much like a team of the year bonus.
    + And add these things in the editor! If I'm setting up a future transfer I want to say what the squad number will be, landmark goal bonuses etc - all the clauses in-game should be editable for current contracts and future transfers in the editor. At the moment it seems random what you can and can't edit.

Hope these sorts of threads do get read by SI. Y'never know.
    This is good, realistic and useful.

Third Team
    Speak ill of Sweden again, and I swear I'll steal a B-52 and bomb you back to the dark ages.

I'd love to see United Soccer Leagues playable again.

Default Selecting Squads.

This suggestion may already have been discussed, but there's no way I'm trawling through what seems to be an infinite amount of pages!

As this happens in real life, I feel it would make the FM gaming life so much better, or for me it would at least:

A day or 2 before a match, you're required to select a squad of 22, rather than being able to select any player from the 1st team, Reserve team and Under 18's teams just before kick off - that's not exactly realistic.
    This way, you could have 20 first teamers and maybe a couple of reserve/Under 18's players in the squad. If you're up against a lesser team, for arguments' sake, me being Manchester United, and we've a home game against Blackpool (no disrespect intended!), I could decide to rest my skipper, Vidic and talisman, Rooney, but tell Smalling/Jones and Welbeck/Macheda that they'll be given their chance. This would then give notice to the 2 players missing out that they're not playing for the greater good, and give an opportunity to the youngsters coming in to play to feel part of the squad.

The same when organising a tour. As the game is now, you're able to select ANY player on the Club's books, even if they've just played a friendly for the respective squad. Clubs normally take a group of 20/21/22 players away with them...this should be the same in game.

"With the Club due to embark on a North American tour, in 7 days, please select a squad of up to 22 players in which you wish to take"...

I think this will work very well, and be extremely enjoyable.

Not sure what your thoughts on this is...

Amateur

1) You're view of players is only as good as your scouts. So instead of seeing an attribute of 15 you'd see 12-16 or something like that. Could be turned on or off.
    2) Press Conferences. Pointless, boring, and the same over and over again. Most people will only choose the same 1 or 2 options for each question. A variety of questions, more questions based on what you chose for you other questions etc.
    3) Scandals! You're player got caught out getting wasted at 4 am before the big game. The press are full of it, what do you do?
    4) Newspapers pick different topics. Talksport could interview you and be trying to get you to own up to owning a pink tutu.
    5) Training. Radical overhaul needed here, more of a minigame possibly, or just a bit different. There has to be a point to choosing the different options.
    6) Export your team to a file, for playing mini tournaments online. Come one we've been asking for that forever, it would be so easy. Save the data of one club to a file, new game -> online/lan -> micro tournament, -> game type (league/cup etc) -> choose squads.
    7) Competitions that change, and you have a say! "The FA Cup has fallen in reputation in recent years, what do you think should be done about it?" "Nothing", or "Go back to how it used to be", etc. And eventually the competition might change. Could be turned on and off.
    8) Youth Facilities. If you're a rich club, you should be able to have several acadimies in different countries. In these academies should be around 100 or more players in each of different ages, that may have the potential to be the next Zidane, or may have just had an early growth spurt. It's your prerogative to keep an eye on these players, and sign the best coaches to turn them into superstars.
    9) Debates. - Should the English team have an English manager? Should clubs have to have a certain amount of home players.
    10) A proper competition editor, where everything can be changed.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by pigfacemonkeyman View Post
    I like this idea.
    the tutoring needs to be easier and youngsters refusing loans needs to be fixed.
    Especially when you are a World Class Manager trying to get a 16/17 year old to learn from your top players (4*+) with matching personalities and the youngster tells YOU where to go... That is so unrealistic and that is something I would like to see in FM12. A youth player would relish the opportunity to work closely and learn first hand from a top player and certainly wouldn't have the cheek to tell the manager what they're going to do!

Third Team
    Speak ill of Sweden again, and I swear I'll steal a B-52 and bomb you back to the dark ages.

Not so much a wish as it is a problem: I have noticed tonnes of (existing) swedish players go unemployed year after year, while swedish (lower league) clubs fill their rosters with 15-16 year old newgens/regens. Very annoying.

Amateur

Not too sure if this has been mentioned but!!....... how annoying is it when you want to buy a player but there injured for say 5 weeks and there is only 2 weeks of the transfer window left and when u try sign them it says you carnt because of the players injury no matter how minor it is. why canrnt they be a option to overide the decsion and sign them anyways as usually they are fine after the injury and then you have to wait 5 months or so until u can sign them again!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by main menu View Post
    (blablabla)
    You should be playing FIFA Manager I think after reading all this :')

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by CMdan44 View Post
    Different squad statuses for keepers. i.e. Number one keeper (instead of key player/indespensible), competition for #1 (instead of first-team player), understudy (instead of rotation), back-up/cup-run keeper (instead of back-up), hot prospect, youngster.
    Not entirely sure why I want this. When I dreamed it up there seemed to be a point to it but it's 1:41 in the morning so I'm not thinking too clearly at the minute
    Top idea this....

Part-Timer

Would love to see some more flair and atmosphere during the really big games such as playoffs, champ league final etc. Just some stuff like players walking onto the pitch, lining up, shaking hands, bit of music, some flares etc. It would add a real sense of excitement to the really important matches.

Amateur

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but i tried searching and couldnt find anything regarding player condition

I personally find very annoying the fact that sometimes im playing against teams where players are @ 30 to 40% condition, and the players are still making forward runs as if they were 100% fit. Its quite annoying when a fully fit player cant catch a player making a forward run while hes trying to keep the ball in possession, especially when that player is unfit.

In real matches, when players get tired, they start to play poorly, they can hardly get passes right, let alone make forward runs like this.

My suggestion is that the player condition should be directly proportional to their attributes. Players skills should deteriorate trough match, so you dont have players @ 30 and 40% condition outrunning players who just joined the match for instance.

Also somethings quit off with set pieces. The balls usually only reach the first and second bars, and the players marked as "go forward" never have the chance to touch the ball.

And while were throwing our two cents, id like to mention the fact that double man marking should be not only allowed, but it should considerably increase the chance to steal the ball. When u watch matches in brazilian leagues for example, they always use at least 2 defensive midfielders, and they always work as a cover for people marking. They team up on players trying to make forward runs, making it considerably tougher to reach the goal.

Those were my two cents.

Amateur

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post6917901 that's about that propose

CM had great ideas at that aspect but in practical that is basic still and I know the FM could be it better. About the 3D training, it would be good if you could see how the player plays, his style, how he gets tired or how he is good doing a friendly match with reserves, testing tactics or doing specific actions as shooting, tackling, passing, saving, running, accelerating and others, of course, with the energy being consumed. About the set pieces, I like the way how that is shown in CM, you have more control and accurate to do the plays, can be possible you create a "secret play" for your team.

A idea of me, is the creation of trainning camps in any place in the world, like in FIFAM, for develop new talents.

The main: the use for the money we receive in the contract, can be buying a club and managing it, helping a club you are training doing a donation, buying something for the club when the directors don't wanna but it, just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Erimus1876 View Post
    Might of already been mentioned already in this mega-thread but here goes....

More 3D player animations.
    - I hate to say it but even Championship Manager had better 3D player animation than the current 3D engine in FM11.

More 3D views. A closer, zoomed-in, "Sideline" view that scrolls across the pitch.
    - Currently its like watching microscopic ants kick a pixel around when the ball is on the far side of the pitch on some views (especially on larger pitches).

End of match celebrations.
    - When your teams has just beaten a bitter rival or a team it had no hope against, the players should celebrate the achievement instead of robotically running off without further-a-do. Not essential but does add a bit more realism. And on the same theme, last game of the season lap of honour, on the pitch championship presentation, cup winners parading the cup around, fireworks, dancing girls..... ok ok thats a bit too much!

Apart from the first one (which I feel is vitally important) the rest are more cosmetic additions, so no rush SI
    +1 at all the proposes

Semi Pro

A few more staff.

Youth scouts/youth director - Scouts and people running the academy that effect the quality of youth regens coming into the academy, where they are from and the style of players they are.

Psychiatrist - help mental attributes develop. Not a lot or even has no effect on some players but possibly could change someone's personality slightly or determination to succeed. Concentration etc..

Amateur

I play multiple teams in the same game. Let's say I have 3 teams and their start time is 15:00 for each match. I have to reserve a window of game playing time to play all 3 matches at once before I can save the game. I'd like to be able to play one game at a time with an option to save after each match. Therefore if I only have an hour to play FM, I can play the one match and get back to the other matches later. Otherwise I would have to forego playing FM and wait until I had a longer window of time to play FM to get through the three matches scheduled.

Thanks.

Part-Timer

I have been thinking about the managers wages in FM. When you get a job, you get paid. But it is silly money. You can't use it to anything. It would be nice if the money played some role in your game-plan in any way.

I have played a career game for a while. After managing clubs in England and Italy I got the Valencia job. In five years I turned them into the best club in the world, winning everything.

I wanted to move on, wanted to build up a club in another country. The only way you can move on in FM is 1. Get sacked, 2. apply for a job when you have a job, which means the board gets furious, 3. Being offered a job.

What I would like here is the possibility to have your own agent. This agent should demand a fee. This should be out of your earnings. So the more you earn, the better agent you can afford. In this example I could say to my agent that by christmas he should start contacting clubs, mentioning that I could be available from the summer. Then the agent could negotiate a deal with interesting parties, or communicate a list of clubs who could be interested in your service.

Then you eventually could make a deal that saw you out the season in your present club, and secured a new club at the end of the year.

Maybe your agent could contribute with other things as well.

Anyhow, that would make your earnings more meaningful, and also secure that the more you earn the more powerful you get.

Amateur

I'd also like to see you be able to offer for a player and exchange one of your players as part of the offer, even though the AI club is not interested in the exchanged player.

For instance, I'm at Liverpool, 3rd season, have fallen out with Jovanovic (who has been playing surprisingly well and on £44k p/week), and am interested in buying an attacking midfielder from Fulham. Jovanovic is MILES better than him and the player I want is on £80k p/week, but as Fulham aren't interested they won't accept. The player I want is listed as 'Rotation', so I don't think it's a case of his importance to them.
    IRL if a better player, on less wages, PLUS cash was offered, it's something the other team would think about, but on the game the club must have an actual interest in the offered exchangee to think about accepting.

Just a thought

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfyy View Post
    Now, these are ideas i saw implemented in Championship Manager 10. It wasn't the greatest game, was a poor last game for the series that had been so good, i only bought it as it was £2.51.

However, no matter how bad it was, there were some ideas i really quite liked, and when there are good ideas, you should use them.

First Off: Watching Training/Training Routines
    Now, this was an idea i really really really liked. Basically, you could set up a training routine, such as a shooting routine, corners, free kicks or a practice XI vs XI match. I shall show this with images:

which would result in something similar to this:
    Click here to see it as i had use a link not image as i ran out of image space.

I really like this idea, not only does it train the players, but you can see how good players are without seeing them in a game situation. Although, the players may not be under the pressure of a game situation with defenders and such like, i would assume that the result would be exaclty as it would in a match in the same situation. This would be particularly useful for youth players or triallists, especially triallists that you take on mid season and cannot see in matches. I know that you can put them in reserve matches, but sometimes this won't be fair on the guy, as he probably won't get the same service he would in the first team.

Also i think the XI vs Xi feature is particlarly useful:

As it says in that box at the bottom, it could be used for all sorts of useful things. Testing triallists, youths, or a whole team when you first join them. This is particularly useful as it can be done any time and will also train players at the same time. Trying new tactics with your senior team without being in a competitive match mid season is also useful.

Secondly: Creating Set Pieces

Although CM 2010's effort at this was pretty poor, i am confident that FM could make a better job of it. In CM 2010 there was a feature that allowed you to create your own set piece routines. I know that FM already does this to an etent, but you cannot control the moves that the players take and who in particular the taker croses to, and how he does that. With this, you could create better set pieces, in my opinion. Such as a lay off type free kick done properly, that infamous man utd corner you may or may not have seen where they lay it off very short and aother player runs along and takes it, you may or may not have seen it, and it may or may not work, but that's not the point. We all see teams do routines which involve players running in different directions to lose markers and end up in prime positions for them to score. You get teams with players stading in bunches, then all running it different directions making them hard to pick up. This sort of thing can further benefit your game and get you the odd goal, and of course, if you make a bad one, not get you any.

Thirdly: Better Match Analysis

Here you can see that they have provided a replay of an event that was good or showed somethign useful, this time a shot on goal. I think this could be useful. It also provides the lines of where people ran with the ball, passed the ball etc, so that you can see who did what. I really don't have much to say about this, it pretty much speaks for itself as being able to review actions in a game and other things.

These are some suggestions i think that could go in. I know they're all from CM 2010, but i'm going for the old Chelsea slogan, "if you can't beat it, buy it". So far i think FM is lacking these, so we are "buying" from CM.
    great post, great ideas!

Amateur

I'd like the return of the "rest after match" tickbox in a modified form.
    Just a tickbox and a slider in training somewhere - "rest players below (set slider) condition for 1 day". It would then automatically be applied to anyone overly tired from the last match, or someone who had a minor knock.
    Also a tickbox for pre-season training between x and y dates so I don't have to manually change all the schedules back and forwards. Pretty sure this was on one FM as well but I can't find it anymore.

Third Team

More stats

I'm a big fan of stats, and I think the game could show more. Things like the records page for instance - instead of just showing the player with most league appearances for a club, how about a link to another page showing the top 10 or 20?

Or if 2 or more players or teams are tied for a record, how about showing both names instead of jst the one that got there first? This is especially silly for things like 'Most times winner' of a competition. There could be twelve teams who have all won it twice, but only one team will be mentioned.

How about something to say how many hattricks a player has had over his career?

How about more records on unbeaten runs, perhaps split between home and away? I recently went on a 3 year run without losing a home game, and it would be nice if the game kept a record, or if it even got mentioned when that run came to an end.

How about ditching pointless stats like the goals conceded on the league player stats screen? It's obvious that the sub 'keeper who played one game will be top of this list. Or perhaps change this list into a goals conceded per game ratio, giving us something more relevant to look at.

These are just a few ideas, but there are countless more that could easily be put in somewhere.

Amateur
    False 9. Played:8, Won:4, Drawn:2, Goals:3, Assists:3

Quote Originally Posted by Kenco View Post
    More stats

I'm a big fan of stats, and I think the game could show more. Things like the records page for instance - instead of just showing the player with most league appearances for a club, how about a link to another page showing the top 10 or 20?

Or if 2 or more players or teams are tied for a record, how about showing both names instead of jst the one that got there first? This is especially silly for things like 'Most times winner' of a competition. There could be twelve teams who have all won it twice, but only one team will be mentioned.

How about something to say how many hattricks a player has had over his career?

How about more records on unbeaten runs, perhaps split between home and away? I recently went on a 3 year run without losing a home game, and it would be nice if the game kept a record, or if it even got mentioned when that run came to an end.

How about ditching pointless stats like the goals conceded on the league player stats screen? It's obvious that the sub 'keeper who played one game will be top of this list. Or perhaps change this list into a goals conceded per game ratio, giving us something more relevant to look at.

These are just a few ideas, but there are countless more that could easily be put in somewhere.
    YES! stats, stats, stats oh and a few more stats

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by brightonrock View Post
    No doubt there will be tweaks to the ME and UI, as there are every year. What I'd particularly like are revamped media/interaction options, training to be expanded further and some extra transfer clause options added. FM11 is not as bad as it is painted IMO - I never got into 2010 myself, but feel 2011 is far deeper.

+ More questions from journalists - it may not be new but it's popularity emphasises its importance - or at least the ability to add custom questions in the editor.
    + More possible answers to give - 7 instead of 5 would make it a little deeper and cause less repetition.
    + I'd like to see news outlets pick up on more than 1 answer, or players react to different ones - it seems the game selects one answer out of the 7/8 you give and one or two players will react. I said on a new job I like to play attacking football - my striker liked it. However I'd said in a different question that the strongest area of my team was defence - I'd like to see my defenders react to that too.
    + When the match report is displayed after a game, add a little depth to it. Say who delivered the cross or through ball for the player who scored. Instead of "an effort from the edge of the box" or "a close range effort", put a little more detail. "Giggs' through ball was steered home by Rooney", "Lampard fired home from 12 yards", "Crouch was on hand from close range to poke home Bale's cross ". The game knows the distance the goal was scored from, and whether it was a powerful shot or a placed one - so use that information. He stroked/slotted it home. He smashed/drilled it in. He turned it over the line. Just add a bit of variety. And maybe mention clear cut chances more - "Suarez was unlucky as his speculative curling effort struck the upright", or "Heskey missed a golden opportunity in the 19th minute when he blazed over from Agbonlahor's cut-back".
    + Much like press conferences, give us more to talk to players about. It has really made them feel more unique and human, having different relationships with different personality types - don't let that fall stagnant, expand on it.
    + Job interviews - mention what we want to do for the club, our aims, our plans, how much budget we'd like, mention a player we'd like to sign or a position we want to strengthen. The board responds with its expectations - it may say "we have no money in our budget so you'll have to sell before you can buy", or throw money around left right and centre. It's relationship with you in the interview, or in the first meeting when you're announced as manager, will hint to you about their patience, flexibility and support for you as you go forward.
    + Give us clearer training options. I like that specific focus can be added in 2011 - your promising centre back can learn tackling or build up his stamina - but some are missing. Marking is a key one which is linked to positioning but can definitely be taught, yet isn't available to pick - unlike determination or flair it is not an innate character trait, a bad marker can be made better - I know this as I've taught players in my real life team myself!
    + Add "if we stay up" bonuses, much like 'after promotion' bonuses - and "if we stay up" payments to the selling club to mirror promotion clauses. If I'm struggling in the Prem and buy a key Championship player, I want to tell the selling club I offer 2m upfront and a further 2m if he keeps us up this season. To the player, you get 15k p/w but a nice big juicy bonus if we stay up - much like a team of the year bonus.
    + And add these things in the editor! If I'm setting up a future transfer I want to say what the squad number will be, landmark goal bonuses etc - all the clauses in-game should be editable for current contracts and future transfers in the editor. At the moment it seems random what you can and can't edit.

Hope these sorts of threads do get read by SI. Y'never know.
    They do... every question has an effect +/-. The news headline is largely irrelevant it's what you say in answer to all the questions AND why you said it! e.g. "Which player are you going to use against X striker?" EVEN IF the headline doesn't say "manager has X under control" you should still "Expect a performance" (or whatever) as it will have had an effect, regardless of whether there is a PR icon or not.

Amateur

I don't know if its been mentioned but maybe you could learn to speak a another language as you play the game so its easier to get jobs in those countries, nothing silly like knowing ten but learning spanish while you manage in League 1 might be good.

Amateur

Don't know if this has been mentioned but here goes.
    If the tactics part of the game stays the same there is one simple thing that would make things much easier.
    I want both default position and individual player instructions.
    What I mean is that when I create a tactic, I often tweak the instructions of a position depending on the player who is gonna be in my starting lineup.
    But when I use another player for whatever reason in the same position, I have to change instructions to fit that player, which is annoying and time-consuming.
    So if you could make individual instructions for each player, maybe even for each position the player can play in, then we could just choose via a dropbox menu what preset instructions you've saved to use when making a substitution or just starting with a different player.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by magpie 01 View Post
    I don't know if its been mentioned but maybe you could learn to speak a another language as you play the game so its easier to get jobs in those countries, nothing silly like knowing ten but learning spanish while you manage in League 1 might be good.
    If i understand you correctly then that's already in

Amateur

Default Our own "quick tactics"

Hi all, idea:

As an alternative to the 6 presets "contain, defensive, counter, normal, attacking, overload" what I'd like is to be able to make and save 6 seperate configs of my own IE. "PaulContain, PaulCounter...." and so on.

The reason being that I can have 6 variations of my own rather than needing to leave everyone on default mentalities etc etc so i can use the "quick" feature.

cheers

Amateur

I don't think i you can choose to learn a language unless i've just not found it yet

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by magpie 01 View Post
    I don't think i you can choose to learn a language unless i've just not found it yet
    No you can't choose to learn one, you just learn the language of the country you are in. So if you get a job in Brazil, you will start to learn Portuguese when you get there.

Semi Pro

The match progress bar to display the name/minute of the scorer when you hover over the goal symbol, a la Sky Sports scorecentre.

German wonderkids to be referred to as 'vunderkids'.

Amateur

finally found the thread, thanks Ackter

these may be posted somewhere up there before me, I'll read it later on, but for now here's what i have in mind...

Financier that could give the team some cash. In return some Financier may:
    -want you to acquire this or that player in a given time
    -give a certain player playing time or starting position
    -reach a target/s in a certain time
    -whatever comes to your mind then...
    some might want to buy a team and maybe wants to have players on the team that are close to him or with same nationality

possibility of creating a league to countries that doesnt have... like the Philippines, it doesnt have a league, but an option may be created for a league to be made. Also to make it dynamic, there goes dynamic reputation that soon after that league becomes famous, its club/s may enter bigger and bigger international club competitions...

Amateur

I think a full 'Chairman Mode' would be rather interesting. Admittedly, alot of people enjoy the actual game playing experience, but I myself seem to enjoy wheeling and dealing trying to get needed players. For instance, you hire a manager for your club, who in turn tells you what type of player he is looking for and what tactics the player would be deployed in.

It might not work and the idea will probably be shot down, but it is an idea.

Amateur

As mentioned by others i'd quite like a few more stats for the leagues, for example a list of managers and stadium sizes, so that i don't have to go through each individual club to see whether any former players have made it as a manager or whether the stadiums have been upgraded

Amateur

Applying For Jobs.

If I quietly apply for a job then why must the board find out about it?

"Declare Interest In Job" = talking to the media, current board get unhappy.
    "Apply For Job" = send a letter to the chairman of new club, if he wants you then he'll ask for permission from your current board, otherwise he'll politely tell you your not considered without your current club ever finding out.

Perhaps a 1/10 chance of you quietly applying for the job being leaked to the media, particularly if you are the favourite.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by abfielder View Post
    Applying For Jobs.

"Apply For Job" = send a letter to the chairman of new club, if he wants you then he'll ask for permission from your current board, otherwise he'll politely tell you your not considered without your current club ever finding out.

Perhaps a 1/10 chance of you quietly applying for the job being leaked to the media, particularly if you are the favourite.
    I agree completely and wholeheartedly.

Amateur

-better graphic and match engine,more realistic
    -better press conference
    - include more leagues like macedonian
    -option to build youth academies
    -better stadiums and more realistic(crowd)
    ...-better negotiations
    -more relationship with players,staff,board (you can go with player to restaurant on lunch, and more more other options .... )
    -option to go with the team on preparations (training camp)
    -when you won A trophy option to watch the ceremony after the match
    - more interactions with the fans and referees
    -training section should be improved .if we could see players training it would help us find more about the players. choose specific exercises and testing some tactics during training.
    -option you to put the price on the tickets for each match
    -option you to sign sponsors
    -option more to control the finnances (merchandise)

Amateur

Default My wish list

This is my wish list

Better team talk:

I want to be able to arrange meetings with my team, at any time (not only when morale is low) and ask them questions like
    - How do you like the team at the moment?
    - Is anything bothering you?
    - What do you think I could improve in my leadership?
    - Are you nervous about the upcoming fixture?
    - Is there any player or staff member you would like me to contact/sign?
    - Are you comfortable with our current tactics?
    - Do you have any questions for me to answer?

I would also like to talk to the individual players and be able to ask them things like
    - What are your ambitions in your current club?
    - How do you like the staff?
    - How do you like your players?
    - Is there any player you think is disrupting the harmony in the club?
    - How would you like to play your role in this team?

More realistic contract clauses, offerings and ability to hurry up the paperwork

I would like to give players and sellers more creative clauses. For example, I would like to be able to send a player on multiple season loans. Also, I think that I should be able to offer a specific club to loan a player of mine. Maybe I'd like to offer only spanish clubs to loan one of my players for reasons like that the player would gain valuable experience playing in that league or that he would gain EU-citizenship by being loaned out to a spanish club for 2 seasons.

I would also like to be more involved when it comes to getting EU nationalities to non-EU players. As an example, I bought Luis Suarez from Ajax to Marseille when he had been in Holland for 1857 days. He needed to be there for 1825 days to gain EU citizenship, but he didn't. He needs to reside to Holland to gain this (paperwork). But in this case I think it would be reasonable for me to contact authorities to get the paperwork going so that he doesn't take up a non-EU spot in my squad.

Graphic overhaul

I think that FM could use a total graphic overhaul. This is something I would love to contribute with, as I am a professional graphics designer. It looks very much Windows XP/Web 2.0 at the moment.

Better performance on the mac

I have a MacBook Pro with a 2.6 ghz Intel i7 processor, ssd drive, 8 gb ram and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB graphics. In other words a pretty damn good portable computer. I run FM without 3D and without sound. I use split screens and have classic dots playing football on the screen. Still the internal fans of the computer runs like h*ll and it gets hot as an oven. Why, oh why?!

iPad/Android

Come on. Full version, please.
    Last edited by henke; 27-07-2011 at 20:51. Reason: Wanted to be notified with replies.

Amateur

I totally agree with Smurffy and his post. I was thinking about something similar using examples from matches. All of us have watched matches before, seen something and said "why the hell didn't player x do this??!!!" It would be great to pick out 1 point in the match, use a chalkboard function to show the players what you want them to do, then have it integrated into training. Of course the players would need time to practice what you want before it became part of your tactic but it would add realism to the training and development of players. Maybe a bit technical but it would probably cut down on my screaming at the screen if I knew there was something I could do about it.
    As well, please please please improve press conferences and team talks. You should be able to tell a player to smarten up if he's complacent, he's an asshat if he gets a straight red for well, being an asshat, work harder when the player doesn't run for balls. They do achieve this in a roundabout sort of way with different comments but I'd like something a bit more specific. The press conferences are the same stuff all the time. More options and relevant comments about the game would be awesome.

Amateur

main menu's post is full of terrible ideas unfortunately. Don't want to see such ludicrous features implemented.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by abfielder View Post
    Applying For Jobs.

Great idea mate, that would be awsome!

And also please improve co-ownerships: playing FM in Italy, I've noticed that all players' co-ownerships last two years. Excuse me, SI, but that's a bit unrealistic: the tendence here is to get a player in co-ownership from another team for just one year and then (when the co-ownership's year is almost over) choose to buy him, renew the co-ownership for another year by paying a sum to the other owner club, or sell the player.
    What still is completely missing in the game is the possibility to sell the player's 50% part you own to another club: for example, Raffaele Palladino began last season being in co-ownership between Genoa and Juventus; during winter's transfer market Genoa sold their owned part to Parma, so Palladino went to be in co-ownership between Parma and Juventus.
    Still, we don't have the possibility to send a player on loan to a third club when he is in co-ownership and plays for our club: for example, this happened last year to Davide Lanzafame, who was in co-ownership between Juventus and Palermo, but in Turin he didn't play much so during winter's transfer market Juventus sent him on loan to Brescia, of course with Palermo's agreement to the deal.

These actions are actually impossible but would add a little bit more realism to the game!

Amateur

I'd like players had more personality, more things to say, as in real life. Why do players never speaks through the media? Why when a new player is signed during the official presentation only manager is one who speaks? Even the captain of the team has got little to say in the game. There are also some players in football who are also great supporters of the team they play an are not model proffessional (like Kevin Großkreutz from BVB). He used to taunt rival players and fans before the match through the media. Give players more AI.

You should also improve newgens attributes. Its quite unrealistic when some central forwards tackling and marking attribute is about 14 or higher. When you look at actual players in fm database you will see some regularity in their stats. When you see CD you know it's CD, when you see midfield playmaker you know its midfield playmaker, because they both have same stats high (passing, creativity, technique, long shots etc.),and same stats low in majority (tackling, marking, positioning, header). Another thing is bravery, determination and aggression. Its not very realistic when some newgen has 20 bravery, 5 aggression and 7 determination. There are not much players like this in database. And among newgens its quite normal. Also header and jumping abilities - many smaller players with jumping<10 has also header<10. Newgen can be offensive midfielder or striker with 5 jumping and 16 header ability. Its not very common in real football.
    Last edited by Leander; 28-07-2011 at 14:01.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Ter View Post
    The sooner the better really. If it's left until we 'announce' the game then we've already decided what is going to be in it so there aren't likely to be any major additions on top of that.

Ideas for the future are always welcome
    Nice to see some active "admins" on a videogame board. Thumps up.

I've played FM/CM since 1996/97 and really enjoyed every game, but lately, well, to be exact the last two releases, I have found myself really missing some features, that I've seen in other manager games.
    And that is a way more advanced youth development system. I've seen that most of us like to buy young players and shape them our self. This is only possible to a certain degree as things are now and not really fulfilling.
    Let us build youth camps, invest more money in the youth, be able to shape them and so on.

Total Club Manager (FIFA Manager now?) had an idea of how to do it. But it can easily be upgraded from what they had/have in that section. Their youth department is not really that advanced, but it is still more advanced
    than what FM have at this moment. This should really be the next big implementation in the FM series and a natural one also. IF you look at how real life football is, then we are also moving more and more in the clubs focusing
    on developing their own players and with the new Fairplay rules, we are only going to see more and more of this.

Amateur

Probably been mentioned before, i know i have, but i think it would be good to start off managing a teams u18's or reserves and building up like Brendan Rodgers, Lee Clark, AVB et al.

Amateur

You know the manager overview screen, where you can choose the things that are visible?

You can choose the top training performances in there, which is great, but there is a lot of space for more names than just the top five or so players.
    I'd like to see the top AND bottom training performances in that list.

Furthermore I'd appreciate it if the training performance bar from there were available as a visible column in your squad screen. In fact I'd like this even more.

Amateur

I would like to be able to ask my phsyotherapists to work on a young player to make him taller.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by sonador View Post
    I would like to be able to ask my phsyotherapists to work on a young player to make him taller.
    Because 'The Rack' is commonly used in modern day football!!

Amateur

Customisable onscreen club mascots - I want to see a giant red chicken jumping up and down on the touchline when I score. It could also take part in the....
    End of season animation - promotion marked by mass pitch invasion and celebration by those little blobby spectators; underachievement noted as the team take a lap of 'honour' to dead silence as the crowd stream out of the ground towards the car park; relegation sees the team running for the dressing room as missiles rain down and the east stand gets torched.,

Part-Timer

The 'Pay x player x amount of cash till end of contract thing'

Think this could do with some changes. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a decent thing to put it, but could be tweaked. As I understand it, either you accept and they go, or you refuse and the player stays. At least I've never had a transfer go through when I've refused it (I'm looking at you Joe Cole, I'm not paying you 60 grand to play for Blackburn!)

What I'd like to see, is the ability to call the players bluff. Refuse, and then occasionally have the result where a player will sheepishly back down and go through with the transfer, or perhaps lessen their demands. Also, point out to the player that you'll simply stick them in the reserves for the rest of their contract, which will ruin their career(which would be quite a threat to ambitious players), or other similar threats.

Thoughts?

Amateur

I would love to see the Hall of fame more elaborate. Not just "domestic title", but some details. I would love to go in to the hall of fame and actually see what makes these managers great. For example, when clicking a manager in the hall of fame, all the titles comes up in detail; "Won English Premier League in 2011-12", and when I click that particular title, even more details come up about it; "Was predicted to finish ?th, key players, top goalscorer" etc...

I have also been missing a Hall of fame not just for titles, but also for other achievments. There could be another point system for this perhaps, based on league rep and media prediction and team rep? For example, if a manager brings a team from BSN to PL, he's worth mentioning, even without any major titles. Brought Blackpool to a 2nd place in PL despite being predicted 20th? Same here, worth a lot, and should be mentioned. It's not only the title-winning managers that become legends, and I would love for that to show in the game. For me personally, it's definitely not always the titles that I'm the most proud of. What do you think?

Lurker

Default Pre-Penalty Idea

After your team is awarded a penalty, you should be asked who you would like to take the penalty. Just a simple, drop-down box with the names of the players currently on the pitch and their PK attribute.

Comparison to real life would be a manager on the sidelines yelling for a preferred penalty taker.

This feature gives a greater amount of control to the manager - it's more realistic. It could also be a way to break cold streaks for players.

Similarly, PK shootouts should have an option of selecting/ordering your PK takers right before the actual shootout (I don't know if this is already implemented).

Amateur

International teams aren't always forced to call 3 GK, so maybe changing that so it's more like IRL. Also, as someone posted in this sub forum, the posibility to shout individual players during the match, specially for the players that are being complacent or nervous

Or even better, when you create your profile, you can specify if you know a 2nd language without needing to add a 2nd nationality. For example, I know english, but I can't make that happen in the game
    Last edited by Vector; 31-07-2011 at 04:05.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nzz815 View Post
    After your team is awarded a penalty, you should be asked who you would like to take the penalty. Just a simple, drop-down box with the names of the players currently on the pitch and their PK attribute.

Comparison to real life would be a manager on the sidelines yelling for a preferred penalty taker.

This feature gives a greater amount of control to the manager - it's more realistic. It could also be a way to break cold streaks for players.

Similarly, PK shootouts should have an option of selecting/ordering your PK takers right before the actual shootout (I don't know if this is already implemented).
    Top idea with the one-off penalty and getting to chose the taker then and there but this might just annoy fans looking for a smoother faster game play, especially as you can change penalty taker before the game (for example if your striker was having a cold streak). The ordering of takers is already in place before a shootout.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by keffepoeten View Post
    I would love to see the Hall of fame more elaborate. Not just "domestic title", but some details. I would love to go in to the hall of fame and actually see what makes these managers great. For example, when clicking a manager in the hall of fame, all the titles comes up in detail; "Won English Premier League in 2011-12", and when I click that particular title, even more details come up about it; "Was predicted to finish ?th, key players, top goalscorer" etc...

I have also been missing a Hall of fame not just for titles, but also for other achievments. There could be another point system for this perhaps, based on league rep and media prediction and team rep? For example, if a manager brings a team from BSN to PL, he's worth mentioning, even without any major titles. Brought Blackpool to a 2nd place in PL despite being predicted 20th? Same here, worth a lot, and should be mentioned. It's not only the title-winning managers that become legends, and I would love for that to show in the game. For me personally, it's definitely not always the titles that I'm the most proud of. What do you think?
    Yes, a thousand times yes!

This would be a great benefit for the all experience. For examples, in FM2011 when we win the Europa legue, it shows on the Hall of fame something link "minor european trophy". Common... it's the Europa league. give us the credits for the win. Another example, some achivements like reaching a Champions League Final, or a World Cup Final, it's also tremendous achivements for any manager.

I dont say that we should receive points for reaching a final, but it should be mention in the Hall of fame.

Amateur

Recieve invites to play in pre-season tournaments around the world and see the amount of money for profits. After that, we can accept or not.

Like Internacional here in Brazil, who has recieve a invite to play in Audi Cup.

Amateur

Don't know if this was brought up before but certainly this is something that has to be changed.

Whenever you bring success to a relatively small club even after a season or 2 seasons, you are starting to get offers from huge clubs;
    I just got offer from Man Utd after 2 successful seasons in Israel (with a medium size club) which I took 2 championships and 1 domestic cup.

That would even be unrealistic even if it was to be 10 domestic championships in a row.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by roi men View Post
    Don't know if this was brought up before but certainly this is something that has to be changed.

Whenever you bring success to a relatively small club even after a season or 2 seasons, you are starting to get offers from huge clubs;
    I just got offer from Man Utd after 2 successful seasons in Israel (with a medium size club) which I took 2 championships and 1 domestic cup.

That would even be unrealistic even if it was to be 10 domestic championships in a row.
    On a slightly related note...

How come, after 2 promotions in 4 seasons with Hereford the bulk of my squad are being courted by bigger clubs and yet, despite having loads of players who are good enough for a higher level, my team is still expected to finish bottom... it makes no sense, if the players are that good, then the team as a whole must also be, no?

Not had chance to read through all this as I haven't got all day BUT say I'm a Championship club and have cast my eye over this player in League 2 whose knocking them in but is 21 and won't get into my team yet, I sign him in January but say I buy him from Rotherham, there should be a clause in the offer saying that the player will be instantly loaned back to this club straight after the transfer goes through!

You see it all the time and this idea has been brought up on numerous occassions in the last few years, time to stick it in SI!

Amateur

A few annoyances from FM11 I would like to have fixed:

- Off side replays. Either show them every time a goal is disallowed due to off side, or don't show them at all. Right now, they are sometimes shown, and sometimes not. And allow me an option to turn them off if I don't really care about it.
    - Penalty replays. Don't show me a replay of the goal itself ... who cares. Either he scores or he misses. Instead show the situation that led to the penalty.
    - Player motivations. 'Deserved his yellow card'. This seem to stick to the player for the rest of the game. So if he gets it after 3 min., then for the next 87+ minutes, I will have no clue if he is complacent or motivated or what. Show it under AssMan's comments if you want, as I think it has little relevance to his current motivation. If you really want something about the card in his motivations, then it should be what he feels about it .. did he think it was unfair or not?
    - Custom views. PLEASE fix this. It has been a problem and annoyance since it was introduced. Resizing columns is bad, sometimes views are not saved, columns not containing any information etc. Also please include as many different data columns to be selected (I especially miss 'Media Handling types' and 'Reputation' as a column)
    - MUCH better documentation of all features. Tutoring being a prime example.
    - Better control of the Reserves/U-teams without having to take full control. Like asking AssMan to play a specific player in a specific position.
    - Set-piece takers. If this is changed after submitting the team, the information is never saved, which is fine. But allow me to save it if I want to.
    - Individual tactics settings. It is annoying that if I set my AMR player to play a specific way, because he has high Crossing and Long-shots, I have to go in and manually change the AMR postion settings, if he is substituted. Let me set some for a player that will override the position settings. That way I can set the AMR postion to play the way I want for my team, but still tweak it for each of my different AMRs without having to keep clicking around during a match or before a match.

Lastly, but most importantly for me ... don't send out new features that are not fully developed. It seems you guys have preciously little development time from the last patch is sent out, until the next release. Which sometimes hampers development of new or redesigned features, making them seem a bit half-assed. Sadly I know this will never happen, as that would mean that only a data-update with minor fixes and improvements would be sent out every other year, and the fans probably wouldn't want to pay full price to that. But I wanted to put the suggestion in there anyways
    Last edited by StormenDK; 03-08-2011 at 10:09.

Amateur

Spanish reserve sides!

- I cannot have B team players train with first squad, thus I cannot tutor them
    - B team manager makes idiotic transfers (very characteristic for the AI) filling the B team with players that will never be good enough for the first squad but are still good enough to steal playing time from my youngsters
    - Reserve players that aren't getting to play in the B team blaming me, not the B team manager, but me, for letting them down etc.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by StormenDK View Post
    A few annoyances from FM11 I would like to have fixed:

- Off side replays. Either show them every time a goal is disallowed due to off side, or don't show them at all. Right now, they are sometimes shown, and sometimes not.
    - Penalty replays. Don't show me a replay of the goal itself ... who cares. Either he scores or he misses. Instead show the situation that led to the penalty.
    - Player motivations. 'Deserved his yellow card'. This seem to stick to the player for the rest of the game. So if he gets it after 3 min., then for the next 87+ minutes, I will have no clue if he is complacent or motivated or what. Show it under AssMan's comments if you want, as I think it has little relevance to his current motivation. If you really want something about the card in his motivations, then it should be what he feels about it .. did he think it was unfair or not?
    - Custom views. PLEASE fix this. It has been a problem and annoyance since it was introduced. Resizing columns is bad, sometimes views are not saved, columns not containing any information etc. Also please include as many different data columns to be selected.
    - MUCH better documentation of all features. Tutoring being a prime example.
    - Better control of the Reserves/U-teams without having to take full control. Like asking AssMan to play a specific player in a specific position.
    - Set-piece takers. If this is changed after submitting the team, the information is never saved, which is fine. But allow me to save it if I want to.
    - Individual tactics settings. It is annoying that if I set my AMR player to play a specific way, because he has high Crossing and Long-shots, I have to go in and manually change the AMR postion settings, if he is substituted. Let me set some for a player that will override the position settings. That way I can set the AMR postion to play the way I want for my team, but still tweak it for each of my different AMRs without having to keep clicking around during a match or before a match.

Lastly, but most importantly for me ... don't send out new features that are not fully developed. It seems you guys have preciously little development time from the last patch is sent out, until the next release. Which sometimes hampers development of new or redesigned features, making them seem a bit half-assed. Sadly I know this will never happen, as that would mean that only a data-update with minor fixes and improvements would be sent out every other year, and the fans probably wouldn't want to pay full price to that. But I wanted to put the suggestion in there anyways
    Amen! I agree with all your points, more or less, but I've been requesting and wanting the bolded one for a few years now. Especially "long shots" being position-specific is laughable - like all DMCs, for example, are good long shooters and no DCs are good shooters from distance. I really hope that at least the individual tactics settings are implemented this year, if not all of your suggestions/wishes.

Amateur

would like a table of teams with the stats of how many times they have hit the woodwork and also how many goals disallowed in a season.

Probably would never happen as it would show the massive flaw in the ME against non AI teams.

Amateur

Not sure if mentioned, also may not be massive but I do see people wanting to create better regional leagues etc.

Would there be a way to make the co-ordinates better regarding the region borders? As we know, borders are not always straight.

Could it be possible to build in some sort of interactive map of the world so we could somehow 'trace' region borders, or make up our own etc, and to translate this into the editor?

Or maybe a bit easier, have something in the editor that we could maybe assign the teams/competitions to certain regions/towns/cities/states. That is, have a region/county/city(or whatever) editing option for the teams/competitions in the editor and this would make the relegation/promotion more realistic, relegation especially and stop things like 'west' division teams being relegated to 'east' division for example.

For example, you want a main national top division and have a set of state/county sub divisions on the next level. And say, one relegation spot from the top comp using a relegation playoff system with the winners of the state/county leagues. So if the top division team goes down in the playoffs and belongs to State League 1 say (according to regions/counties etc), and the top team from State League 2 was promoted, the relegation would still be correct and the bottom team from State League 1 is relegated to let the top division relegated team in and a team from a region 2 lower league would be promoted to State League 2. So having an editing option for this would be great I think. Or have I missed something?

Bit of waffle but just my two cents.
    Last edited by AliasPaul; 03-08-2011 at 09:10. Reason: Punctuation mistake....doh!!! Also, to give a bit more waffle ; )

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by AliasPaul View Post
    Not sure if mentioned, also may not be massive but I do see people wanting to create better regional leagues etc.

Would there be a way to make the co-ordinates better regarding the region borders? As we know, borders are not always straight.

Could it be possible to build in some sort of interactive map of the world so we could somehow 'trace' region borders, or make up our own etc, and to translate this into the editor?

Or maybe a bit easier, have something in the editor that we could maybe assign the teams/competitions to certain regions/towns/cities/states. That is, have a region/county/city(or whatever) editing option for the teams/competitions in the editor and this would make the relegation/promotion more realistic, relegation especially and stop things like 'west' division teams being relegated to 'east' division for example.

For example, you want a main national top division and have a set of state/county sub divisions on the next level. And say, one relegation spot from the top comp using a relegation playoff system with the winners of the state/county leagues. So if the top division team goes down in the playoffs and belongs to State League 1 say (according to regions/counties etc), and the top team from State League 2 was promoted, the relegation would still be correct and the bottom team from State League 1 is relegated to let the top division relegated team in and a team from a region 2 lower league would be promoted to State League 2. So having an editing option for this would be great I think. Or have I missed something?

Bit of waffle but just my two cents.
    I totally agree with you mate!

For example, the current version of the game assigns teams casually to their next league when they're relegated from Italian Serie B to Lega Pro. The current Lega Pro system actually 'splits' Italy on a north/south line, so let's say Alessandria would never play against Barletta in the same league. That's because these teams don't have much money to spend travelling along all parts of Italy every week, so just north/south clubs that specifically ask to play respectively against south/north teams are allowed to play in the same league, but the current version doesn't pay attention to that and the result is obviously an unrealistic Italian lower leagues system...

Part-Timer

Not a very important feature, but maybe a bit entertaining.

I would love to have pre-season predictions from newspapers, former players/managers and pundits. Where they tip the divisions top three and who they think would be relegated.

Just to add som spice to the forthcoming season.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Schleimer View Post
    I totally agree with you mate!

Cheers, its not that good how it is now with the region borders.

Would think it would be better and simpler to program an option in the editor to edit where that/this team/competition belongs to.......National, State(New South Wales in Oz for example), County(Essex...or whatever)... then we could assign the appropriate teams to their 'geographical' region/place/town to help the promotions/relegations. Especially relegations to correct divisions when there is one parent 'national' division above.

Not that important but I did say that in my post.. ; ) .although I think it would be an easy enough and good addition to the editing, since we can unlock 'advanced' features already with the good modders around.
    Last edited by AliasPaul; 03-08-2011 at 12:07.

I would like to be shown the fans reaction of each team during the matches. If they are booing the team/player/referee, singing, if they look calm or anxious. Actually the crowd reaction is practically inexistent.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Viggo Vickers View Post
    Indepth Feeder and Parent clubs
    When forming a link with another club Feeder or Parent you negotiate terms just as you would with a player's contract, length of the link and whether it's renewable. Yearly fee, loaning, advertising, exposure for the smaller of the two clubs, basically being able to hash out in detail the terms of linking to another club, including the current options and possible additional options.
    I love it!!

- I think affiliate options isn't enought important and deep in FM. but i think it really can become something awesome.
    Something else: we should be able to send players in a parent club for training!
    exemple in real: hong kong team "South China" is affiliate with Tottenham, and the player "Chan Siu-Ki" been training there for some times.
    in FM the affiliate between these two clubs exist, but it don't work, you can't send players to tottenham.

it can be useful for small teams with young local talent.

- I like the ideas about open academy around the world too, but it should be very expensive. and the "training camp" one is awesome too.

Third Team

Update and/or upgrade Hints & Tips as they are out-of-date.

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

I've decided that pictures like this should be the reason for testimonials.

Imagine being able to see pictures of your former legends playing in testimonials with some of your squad taking part, and an email appearing in your inbox with some pictures of what happened during the game.

Yes, I know it's probably not possible for real players, but I don't see why we can't have it for regens.

Part-Timer

-Being asked to name your squad for a tour. Teams don't take every single player they have at the club

-Work friendlies into the MLS schedule. As an MLS manager you aren't required to take advantage, but as a top club in European leagues, you can tour the US during these friendlies playing against MLS teams. (Or allow the ability to select fellow foreign teams to play in US stadiums, as is done in real life).

Amateur

The possibility of arrange friendly matches in neutral grounds. The options only allow me to arrange friendlies at home or away (Both club and national team)

Amateur

Players follow tactics to a degree that theres almost no mistakes. In real life, its very hard to have all 11 players on the pitch comitted and doing exactly what you want them to do. Take counter attacks for example. All the opposing teams defence run back so fast to their positions. impossibly fast actually, in complete disregard to their actual conditions. Even tired players run back as fast as they can. In real life, its hard to have ALL the players running back at the same time, because that depends on their commitment, condition, and several other factors that usually arent factored into FM.

tactics should be more dependant on players mental and physical attributes. Its extremely hard to have every player doing what you want for 90 minutes and its extremely unrealistic. Tired players in the game still make impossibly fast forward runs and counter attack runs, to a point that you can hardly feel if players even get tired at all.

Tactics shouldnt be TOO specific, to a degree where you can map the players footsteps, basically because youre (in theory) using humans, and humans are prone to mistakes. If anything, tactics should be tweaked to allow more mistakes to happen and more players breaking loose from formations based on their mental stats and commitment to the game.

Just look at real life football, how many teams can actually perform the 4-4-2 that ManU uses to an extent that you can actually see two perfect lines in the field? Every team playing 4-4-2 in FM has perfect lines, no matter the quality of the players. Its just something to consider.

Also id love to be able to have more than one player tackling at once. Defensive midfielders are extremely pointless in the game until this feature is available.

Third Team

The youth recruitment network should be upgradable in the same way as the youth/training facilites IMO

Imagine your basic recruitment is just putting an ad in the paper saying that there will be trials held. Then, as you upgrade, you attend schools tournaments and local schools. Upgrade again, and you have someone watching the U-16 leagues on a Saturday morning. The top echelon should be having someone at U-11 games and all the rest put together.

I'm not saying that the quality of the regens should improve, I'm saying that there should be scope to improve YOUR recruitment network. Perhaps have, say, a Head of Youth Scouting? Same as a Youth Coach, if he has JPP/JPA 20 and Working With Youngsters 20, you should get a more targetted level of intake.

Amateur

My Wish List.

*Assistant Manager alerts during the game. When your no.2 spots something important like an injury or a player losing discipline a little red speech bubble could appear in a bottom corner (though it should be a feature you could switch off as some wou;dn't want constant advice).

*More realistic transfers in with the physio doing a fitness report before you click on the 'Agree' [to sign] button.

*The occasional scrap on the pitch. I'm not condoning fighting or violence, but once in a while a decision is disputed in the match engine but players are all walking away from the referee. It won't glorify such events, if anything it'll show how inconvenient it can be to a manager when you face a load of fines and bans.

*An old complaint for me but most managers have a say in what colours their team will be playing in. The ability to redesign you kit is FMRTE is brilliant, but if included in the game could be a good way of generating funds at the start of each season.

*Probably difficult to muck around with the fixtures programme on FM2012 but the occassional postponement/abandonment due to snow/fog/floodlight failure would add realism.

*More fluid positions in formations.

*A full database of individual grounds would probably take the game away from those with mid-range PCs but little tweaks could enhance the 3D experience. Balls rebounding through the net for example. A tunnel. A line of yellow vested security between supporters when it's a match against rivals. Pitchside photographers at the big games. Actually seeing the end of every match. Trophy presentations (though nothing too tacky please).

*Testimonials and the option to bring in an old boys team as mentioned above.

*A transfer rumours section that's more in tune with modern media such as twitter.

*Occasional non-footballing crises like players going absent due to personal reasons, tax investigations (if you're managing Spurs) and supporter action when they are disgruntled.

*Shareholder and fan meetings once a year. Giving the manager a chance to answer a few sticky questions to try to impress the board and keep the supporters association happy.

Amateur

To be able to convince player to choose 2nd nationality as a first choice

Third Team

The chance to give the board targets when you join a new club / sign a new deal.

"We're delighted you've signed on as our new manager, do you have any particular way you want the club to be run?:"
    • I would like us to concentrate on youth, therefore I would like us to upgrade the youth facilites as much as possible
    • I want our team to be the most well-drilled in the league, therefore I would like the training facilities upgraded
    • I would like us to sign a world-class player for the team and I would like the funds to do so
    • I intend to run with a large squad, so I would like a larger wage budget
    • I have no particular plans for the club

Part-Timer

I dont know if this as been mention, but heres my ideia.

I would like to have the option to save the atributes for any player of my team, or any player i scout. After i save those atributes, i would have an option in the atribute player panel where the atributes would be showed like this:

finishing 14 (9)
    Jumping 12 (5)

The values between () would be the atribute value at the time i save them.

This could be very useful for checking the evolution of my players, special the regen.

For example, my scout point a player to me. I scout the player, and then i save his atributes. With this option would be very easy, say on year later, and check waht atributes had increase.

Amateur

Return to the skin of FM10, with the old news screen, layout etc. Find FM11 very fiddly to use.

Amateur

I would like to implementers

1 there is an option where you can select the policy is q reinforcements who look and give us some possible names according to the economy of the club and we let people choose, as it happens in reality.

2 Power train, practice, played ball to stop THIS IS THE GREAT FAILURE OF FM from q step to be FM.

3 Preseason

4 That allows me to build my coaching staff and when I leave a club let me take my coaching staff as it happens in reality

5 Negotiate contracts with sponsors to advertise the shirt or other (only that no hats shirts and all that crap)

6 is implemented business group or representatives as reality, and this ay q UNQ improve it a little more.

7Buy Power percent of players pass one wants q, meaning that's the point of a copper 20 euros or 2 million if dsp can not invest in anything. Buy cars and those pelotudeces Leave it to fifa manager, but it would be good to yourself to buy% of players with that or things like that.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nonlondoner View Post
    My Wish List.

*Assistant Manager alerts during the game. When your no.2 spots something important like an injury or a player losing discipline a little red speech bubble could appear in a bottom corner (though it should be a feature you could switch off as some wou;dn't want constant advice).

*More realistic transfers in with the physio doing a fitness report before you click on the 'Agree' [to sign] button.

*The occasional scrap on the pitch. I'm not condoning fighting or violence, but once in a while a decision is disputed in the match engine but players are all walking away from the referee. It won't glorify such events, if anything it'll show how inconvenient it can be to a manager when you face a load of fines and bans.

*An old complaint for me but most managers have a say in what colours their team will be playing in. The ability to redesign you kit is FMRTE is brilliant, but if included in the game could be a good way of generating funds at the start of each season.

*Probably difficult to muck around with the fixtures programme on FM2012 but the occassional postponement/abandonment due to snow/fog/floodlight failure would add realism.

*A full database of individual grounds would probably take the game away from those with mid-range PCs but little tweaks could enhance the 3D experience. Balls rebounding through the net for example. A tunnel. A line of yellow vested security between supporters when it's a match against rivals. Pitchside photographers at the big games. Actually seeing the end of every match. Trophy presentations (though nothing too tacky please).

*A transfer rumours section that's more in tune with modern media such as twitter.

*Occasional non-footballing crises like players going absent due to personal reasons, tax investigations (if you're managing Spurs) and supporter action when they are disgruntled.

*Shareholder and fan meetings once a year. Giving the manager a chance to answer a few sticky questions to try to impress the board and keep the supporters association happy.
    Great ideas!!! +1

A few of my own:
    - Right now it's a bit too easy to win the ball via slide tackle from behind. In real life it is almost never attempted as it is quite difficult to win the ball cleanly when you have to somehow reach the ball between the opponents legs.

-In the same way we can have private chats with our players, we should be able to private chat with the AssMan, as well as even coaches. You could ask the AssMan stuff like "Do you think we are currently using the right formation?", "What Instructions should I give Rooney to maximize his abilities?", and "Do you think Barton deserves a fine for his behavior of late?" The helpfulness of his answers would obviously have to depend on his attributes. This could be a way for new players to get some in-game tips, and something more experienced players could ignore if it wasn't helpful.

- You should be able to instruct multiple players to "come short" when setting up corner instructions. Often a single player has limited options and cycles through the same three or four moves every time, often getting slide tacked by a defender resulting in another corner. If you could assign more players to help him out it might be a bit more realistic.

- Players are too eager to attempt to win a corner off a defender's legs. Many times the chance they currently have is much better than a corner would be, such as having dribbled the ball well inside the penalty area. I think a player should be more eager to attempt a sort of cut-back, low cross, or even a backheel rather than hoping for a corner and killing the chance.

- Minor issue: Stepovers look cool, but players other than ones with 19 or 20 flair should use them. Many players use them at least occasionally, and it doesn't make sense that the bar should be set so high in order to use them. Also, a player should not run the length of the pitch doing them (as they do the odd time in FM), but should use them when taking a player on 1v1.

- Crosses hit the first man a bit too often. This does happen frequently in real life, but in actual football players have moves to counter this and get the cross past the first man. FM players do not seem to have the ability to do this, and more often than seem completely ignorant of the nearby defender. Players should be able to fake the cross (sending a poor/overcommitted defender flying) before delivering the real one, attempt a high, lofted cross to get it over the defender in question, and skilled players should even be able to try crossing the ball through the defender's legs. I'm not saying that a defender should be powerless to block a cross, just that in my opinion the better attackers should have more moves to counter this.
    Last edited by Lilywhites11; 07-08-2011 at 00:02.

Amateur

My Wish List.

I agree on general. The bolded ones especially would add to the actual gameplay. The assistant manager taking active role in particular. It's good that the assistant gives his opinions, but I rarely find myself reading them during the match, so it would be good if he told you these things without you "asking" for it first. It would make sense to have a switch to disable/enable this in the team settings.

The physios could do more and it would be a great thing. As far as I know, a good physio makes more accurate guesses about the recovery time from an injury than a bad physio. I'm not aware of what else they do although they must do something. What they should do is keep players healthier and make recovery faster. The effects of physios should be more transparent! I'd guess that similar to having training stars and workload for the coaches you could use a same kind of visualization for the physios.
    Also, related to this is something I said a few pages back about physios. In addition to this, I'd like if a physio would give their opinion about the player that has taken a knock in a match. Like a physio bubble (similar to the assistant bubble) telling you that the physio thinks that the knock wasn't anything serious and there's nothing to worry about or that there's a high chance that it will get worse if you don't sub the player soon.

The rest of the suggestions mostly make the game prettier and lively rather than better. Although that's a nice thing to have it's not first priority for me. Still there's space for them. And they don't even have the potential to break the gameplay.
    Last edited by deserter; 05-08-2011 at 10:56.

Amateur

When you sign a new player, your Assistant seems to know how well he fits to your system. In a match the assistant tells you that a player isn't blending well or that he isn't looking like he's used to playing in such a slow tempo or whatever. Now with the match preparation in place we know beforehand how far the player is from the type of football that our team is drilled to play.

It would be great to have the Assistant voice these concerns in the team report, or backroom advice meeting or both.

Also the Assistant might say before match that such and such player is looking complacent or nervous or some such. I rarely check what the assistant has to say at that point, so I think that there could be a separate stop at the assistant advice screen before the kick-off or/and the complacency/nervousness could be showed in the team talk before the kick-off.

Amateur

Loan option for players to exchange should be added.

Semi Pro

Can anyone tell me what's the point of watching the match in the Classic Match View instead of TV View, if you can't use the remaining wasted space on the screen to place the TV-view widgets? Seriously, the only reason I'd want to watch in the match view would be for the widgets to not overlay the pitch (try watching the game in a lower screen resolution, on 2D Classic graphics, and you'll see what I mean - any widgets overlay a far too big space on the screen and you can't see the goals). It'd be such an obvious improvement to the interface.

Amateur

Hi everyone,

For me i would like to see real life replicated more in the game for example, Mancini probably has never been given a transfer budget,just an blank cheque book or the board have just asked him for a list of targets and they make the bids,contract offers etc etc. I know it would be ridiculously easy for someone who took over at Man City but this is the situation in real life,and SI want to make this game as realistic as possible.
    Just an idea i thought would improve the realism in the game because there are more and more clubs being taken over by similar owners to City, PSG and Malaga for example,so come SI implement something in fm12 that reflects real life billionaire takeovers!!!

Amateur

The game as it is right now, is pretty good, but I still miss a few things. I haven't read through all of the 73 pages, so maybe some of my suggestions were posted before, which only shows how good the idea is then :P.

* Add the Dutch Topklasse to the game, with the promotion/relegation to the first division.

* Postpone matches due to weather or pitch conditions.

* When you sell a young player to a bigger club, you should be able to negotiate the option to loan him back for the next season, of, if you're the bigger club, be able to offer you buy the player, but loan him out to his current club for the forthcoming season.

* When offering a contract to a player, add the ability for using a one-sided renewal clause. This clause would allow the club to renew the contract once for x years without having to negotiate with the player again. This kind of clauses are used IRL and it would add some more depth to the game.

* IMO it would be a good option if during a match, you can send players from the dug-out to warm up. This might give players on the field an extra boost to perform, as they might think they're going to be substituted.

* In the Netherlands, some teams have a joined second team or youth academy. It would be nice if this option was also added to the game.

Amateur

Odd Transfer Requests/Speculation
    I was managing a regional club in the Championship and qualified for the playoffs. Before the semi-final, transfer speculation emerged that one of my players would be tempted by a transfer offer from Brighton, who were bottom of the league and had just been relegated. Transfer requests should be based upon league position and future prospects as well as current reputation - i.e. my club could have been promoted to the Premier League whilst Brighton were definitely playing in League 1 the following season.

Some new suggestions:

Youth Academy Focus
    It would be nice if you could instruct the youth academy to develop players with a specific kind of style - e.g. pass and move, tiki-taka, etc. At the moment, youth academies are only differentiated by the calibre of player, not the style of player.

Event-specific graphics
    Currently, winning the league only produces a couple of text news items. Why not make the game generate a picture of your players lifting a trophy? The same logic applies for new stadia or award ceremonies. It's superficial, but it would be nice...

Improve the pre-match preview
    Instead of a couple of text tables, why not have a graphical presentation of formations, last matches, key players, etc with a moving camera-shot of the stadium in the background? Likewise - some music would be nice for some pre-match atmosphere!

Amateur

Dunno if these have been mentioned before but i'll post anyway......

The option to build a car-park and shops outside your ground
    Being able to bribe the refs etc
    .......lol i'm only joking

Seriously though:

- The option to assemble a back-room "team" from the start, so when you start a new game you have the option to start with your right hand man, 1st team and fitness coach etc.....then if/when you sign for another team one of the options is to take that "team" with you into the new job. Rather than starting a new job, getting rid of the current staff and then trying to employ replacements.

- Medicals.......getting a run down on a players fitness/likeliness to get injured/Underlying injuries etc before clicking "confirm" when signing someone.

- Individual player shouts.....if your full back is being exposed far too much, having the option to target a shout at him to sit deeper/push up higher/play narrower etc.

- Little things like a pitch invasion if you avoid relegation/get promoted etc + the players celebrating a cup win and seeing your players collect the trophy

- Declare interest in a jobs without upsetting the fans/players/board.......have your "agent" put the word about that you're looking etc

- (this one may be in already) The option to pay, say, £5m upfront for a player and then another £2m if you get promoted etc.

- Pre-season tours that select the opposition for you.....which also improves your "knowledge" within that country

Amateur

Just a small idea - how about adding Muslim players fasting for Ramadan? This came to my attention recently as Southend United centre-back Bilel Mohsni is currently taking part in it and as a result the Southend manager Paul Sturrock is considering resting him due to his low energy levels

Amateur

Non-Contract terms:

In the lower leagues this is often used for players, and some players start the game on these, but you cannot offer such contracts to new players. If the N/C contract type exists in the game, then why not let the manager utilize it if he so wishes.

Amateur

A couple of transfer must-haves since they reflect reality:

- if a bosman transfer is agreed with a player within a transfer window (e.g. during the january transfer window but where contract runs out in summer transfer window) it should be possible to negotiate a subsequent immidiate transfer for a nominal/acceptable fee. This happens frequently e.g. i the Danish league. The argument is that since the contract is already signed and the owning club know that they loose the player end-of-season they are more likely to let the player go immidiately since he's lost anyway. This is of cause subject to factors such as squad status (key player), current team performance (team facing relegation) etc.

- possiblity to add a loan deal to a transfer deal. Both as agreement to loan back the player to the selling club for 1-2 years, or, as seen frequently in Italy, the case where a 2nd player loan is offered as an additional makeweight in a transfer (club buys player A but loans out player B for 1 year).
    Last edited by molsen; 08-08-2011 at 20:28.

Amateur

I don't know if they keep this out for some reason...but adding the U-17 WC would be neat

Amateur

Not sure if its been brought up before and can't be bothered searching 72pages but how about a financial forcast like FMlive had ? So we will be able to see roughly what our finances will look like in 3/6/12 months ?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by pigfacemonkeyman View Post
    So, shorter than reading everything on this site then

Once again: "I would like to see a Manual that contains ALL necessary, basic and essential, rules and information covering EVERY aspect of the game".
    I'm agree with you. It's neccesary more information, specially in tactical rules.

Amateur

I have just been sitting here watching the start of yet another save go through its normal first transfer window process where I see players going to the same clubs that they do on other saves. And an idea came to me.
    If we go to other managers profile screen we can see their tactical preferences, coaching style etc. These are implemented into the game as you would expect, yet the transfer system seems to be based purely on reputation more than anything else. So if we can have variety in the tactical department, surely we can have some variety towards the transfer market.

I'm probably not explaining this too well but an obvious example is Arsene Wegner prioritising youth players. Ian Holloway has been one to try and utilise loans and free signings where possible. So is it a potential idea to give managers a preference towards different styles of transfer market use. I think it would make the transfer system a little more interesting. Not sure if this has been mentioned before or if my point is clear enough but I hope you can see where I am coming from

Just a thought

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by albacete66 View Post
    I'm agree with you. It's neccesary more information, specially in tactical rules.
    Yes, the documentation for this game really sucks. I hate having constantly search through these forums for things the manual and the game never explains. A game this complex would need a manual at least 100 pages long. Also, the game needs a lot more in-game info. For example, I think every attribute should have an explaining tooltip associated with it.

Part-Timer

Compatibility tool (or another way) to allow a save game from FM20XX to be played in FM20XX+1.

I would love to see this possible. It would give a new meaning to the term "long jorney".

Imagine getting a save started in FM 2011 and continue to play it on FM2012, FM2013, etc. etc.

I realise that this could be very dificult to implement, so i believe that would take a couple more years, but please SI dont let this ideia drop!
    Last edited by Keyzer Soze; 12-08-2011 at 00:17.

Closed Thread
Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast