Closed Thread
Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 18 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,800 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Amateur

Minor thing:

I'd like to see more statistics for goals conceded (how many from free kicks, corners etc.)

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

I'd like to have a tab where you can see all players listed who have ever been at the user's club (ingame). You could sort the table by games, goals, assists, avg rating, reserve games, reserve goals, reserve assists, reserve avg rating, date joined, date left, current club/job. This would be awesome as you could compare all your players

Semi Pro

The same as usual, better interaction especially when it comes to the board and chairman. Pressconferences need to be evolved to be more intelligent and it feels like some of the questions and answers are just cosmetic, if I dumped that much crap in the media on my boss in real life as I can do on the chairman in the game I can rest assured it wouldn't go by unnoticed or unanswered. Also many times when I get furious by something in a game, like a misstake by the ref or my players playing like imbecills losing heavy against a weaker side I want to be able to pour some of that anger out in the pressconferance, I don't want to get two questions about the other teams players and manager.

As I have said in other threads when I'm 3 points behind a promotion spot in January and finally seem to get the team blend together and get stable performances out of them and my chairman decides to start selling out the team I want options to march into the boardroom and tell him how stupid he is, I want the option issue an ultimatum. I want to get a reaction when I go to the media and tell them the chairman is stupid to expect us to perform when he does what he does and I want the fans to rage when the chairman is ruining chances of success instead of chearing him on.

Amateur

I would like to see progmme notes that the human manager writes pria to a match and feed back about how the fans feel.

Amateur

When applying for a job, instead of just being rejected/offered it maybe the clubs board/chairman could interview you.

Questions like "what do you feel you can bring to the club", "what tactics would you be using". Things about scouting policy and building for the future.

Amateur

i'd like to see players you've selected for the national pool highlighted on the search screen

Semi Pro

A personal assistant to tell you when a job comes up that is worth applying for.

Club legends recommending you players

The ability to see the stats of retired players

Recommending managers for another job vacancy (eg a manager who you get on with in the game)

Being able to filter a scouts search for players to not include 2* players that I would never use.

The occasional gem from a lower league club that can go on to play in the top division.

A conversation with your board when they tihnk of sacking you which could potentially save your job or get them to sack you immediately.

All I have for now... Hope at least some are implemented

Amateur

Interaction with board if you do not want to renew your contract so that you don't become "HATED" by the club simply because you wish to continue your career elsewhere. Especially if you brought recent success, and the ability to suggest your replacement to the board.
    (i.e. Mourinho-esque approach)

but most importantly,
    Training a player in a certain position should NOT take up % from his overall training WHEN he has become NATURAL in that specific position. It seriously bothers me since removing the training in itself causes him to decline in his knowledge of the position, so its a lose-lose.
    Last edited by Novox; 02-04-2011 at 20:55.

Amateur

Posted this in another thread:

One smallish thing I would like to suggest is also to do with ratings. As I understand it (and if I'm wrong, this post is pointless) the rating for physios determines how well they predict how long a player will be out injured. For me the rating should determine a couple of other things:

1) The higher the rating the quicker they can help a player recover from an injury. ie not many of us could fracture a metatarsal and be back playing 5-a-side in 2 months yet how many England players have made it to major tournaments? Your 20 rated Physios get players back for World Cups, Your 15 rated physios don't.

2) The lower the rating the more likely a player is to have a reoccurance of the same injury or pick up a new injury not long after recovering from his previous one. ie a Physio with 10 rating may tell a guy with a groin strain to rest for a few weeks and treat the results of the groin strain, a top level physio does that and also deals with what led to the groin strain so it doesn't happen again.

I realise this might not sound good to a lot of players given the recent discussions about increasing injuries following 11.3 but it would make things more realistic.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    A personal assistant to tell you when a job comes up that is worth applying for
    If you mean a personal agents this could work. Players have agents in the game now, but some managers also have one in real life.
    But what if you're in lower league, a manager is not likely to have a personal agent at that level I guess.. And that is the level where you need the job-advise the most IMO.

It seems more like real life if you would know something about your chances at jobs along another way. I find it really hard to judge my chances at a certain job. I sometimes try to see what my rep does in FMRTE and compare it to a target-club, but that doesnt seem to help much and is an out-of-game method. It would be nice if there was some way in which you could see if you have any chance to get a job. Maybe an indicator of the rep of a club, manager or league. Sometimes when there's a newsitem on some cup tournement the rep of that tournement is indicated in stars. it would be helpfull if you can check those reps easily in the game (in the team- or profile-screen for example).
    It would also be good if the wishes of a clubs board are made 'public': "Club X considering manager Y's future. If they decide not to extend the current contract they have indicated to look for a manager that likes to play a free flowing attacking game" of along that line but with "strong financial control". And if you profile description, based on your past tactics says 'defending' and you're spending money like water running, the chances of you getting the job would be less. But maybe that is something to be dealt with in the job-interviews I mentioned a few posts earlier.
    Last edited by ommerson; 04-04-2011 at 11:30.

Youth Team
    Motherwell FC Researcher (living in Livingston)

Quote Originally Posted by martin23 View Post
    i'd like to see players you've selected for the national pool highlighted on the search screen
    Yes. Saves me constantly right clicking on a players name to see if they have been already added...

Amateur

There are some things I would like to see beterized:

-The default skin is too white! It will be better a skin with a diferent background for each window in the game like one background for the squad window, another for the training window, another for the press conferences, etc...
    -The Press conferences are so damn borring! Always the same questions. Honestly, I don't know how to beterize it, but it should be beterize.
    -Personaly I don't like the trainings, because aren't "convitative". Add a schedule where we could select train the short passes, long passes, shots, tackling and even a training match with the reserves.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by FM_player View Post
    -The Press conferences are so damn borring! Always the same questions. Honestly, I don't know how to beterize it, but it should be beterize.
    Maybe something like 'fragmented answers'. Options to build up an answer from parts of a sentence instead of pre-fabricated whole sentence replies. That when you answer a question with "I don't think so", you get a number of options to build the rest of the reply with, like "that player is a fine player but" and then some more options to finish the sentence, like "we have good players to mark him saturday, no problem". Or "I don't think so", "he's not that good a player and", "I wouldn't have put him in de starting line up if he was playing at my club".
    In that way you can get some more variety in your aswers and possibly add some nuance you can't add now. Would make it slightly more interesting to parry questions.

It might get a bit complicated for SI make it so that weird replies like "Yes, I think so. That is a pretty useless player. I would like to sign him as soon as possible" or "I agree", "that was a horrific injury", "I think he will be fit very soon" aren't possible, but if the options follow a certain answer-flow that shouldn't be a problem.

But I actually question the use of the press-conferces. Are they really of any influence on player/team morale or a managers rep?
    Last edited by ommerson; 05-04-2011 at 07:30.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ommerson View Post
    Maybe something like 'fragmented answers'. Options to build up an answer from parts of a sentence instead of pre-fabricated whole sentence replies. That when you answer a question with "I don't think so", you get a number of options to build the rest of the reply with, like "that player is a fine player but" and then some more options to finish the sentence, like "we have good players to mark him saturday, no problem". Or "I don't think so", "he's not that good a player and", "I wouldn't have put him in de starting line up if he was playing at my club".
    In that way you can get some more variety in your aswers and possibly add some nuance you can't add now. Would make it slightly more interesting to parry questions.

It might get a bit complicated for SI make it so that weird replies like "Yes, I think so. That is a pretty useless player. I would like to sign him as soon as possible" or "I agree", "that was a horrific injury", "I think he will be fit very soon" aren't possible, but if the options follow a certain answer-flow that shouldn't be a problem.

But I actually question the use of the press-conferces. Are they really of any influence on player/team morale or a managers rep?
    That idea is great!!

The press conferences are important for me because are more 1 incentive to my players

Amateur

I think the feeder/parent club feature is quite 'British' in a sense that it could be applied to other countries too. Italian clubs can only sign one non-eu player from outside Italy per season. This is from Adrian Mutu's wiki:

"Mutu signed a five-year contract with the Italian club Juventus on 12 January 2005, despite still being banned from football until 18 May. As Juventus had no available room to buy another non-EU player from abroad, the move also involved fellow Serie A club Livorno, who signed the player and contemporaneously sold him to Juventus."

In the game world of FM there could perhaps be an option to move your newly signed player to one of your Italian feeder clubs. Or to a foreign feeder club where he would be able to gain EU nationality.

I also think that you should be able to move your under-18 player - that you've signed but can't be moved to your club yet - to one of your feeder clubs in the country of origin. Maybe this is more a gameplay feature than anything that mirrors real life.

Amateur

Role opinion in player reports

I think that it would be nice if in the player report (scout or otherwise) the reporter would tell his opinion of which role/duty would suit the player best.
    A fairly straightforward addition (at least if there's already an algorithm that calculates this, which should exist already as it'd be very useful for AI behaviour on transfer market and team selection in any case) that would in my opinion add a nice touch to the player reports.

Tactical knowledge would play a role in this I imagine (the accuracy of suggestions).
    Having this info available in player search screens would also be nice.

Amateur

Default General Idea's

Hey All

Well I am part of a site called FMFormation and I did an article called FM11 What is, What was and What Should Be it is basically a list of alot of idea's that I and the FMF community had for the next installment of FM.

So here they are, what do you guys think

So this is the second year I have done this, read here to see my first installment.

These are some from that list that I believe should still be added to the FM12.

Backroom Advice -
    I think that all backroom advice should be backed up, so the staff should say why they believe this person would be good for the club or why a person should not be captain/vice-captain.

Player Roles -
    What I would like to see is more player roles all over the game from,
    1) having a bunch of senior players who look after the well-being of the younger players at the club. - I know you can ask a player to tutor another player but they should also take younger players under their wing on there own.

2) This can also go into game time (at Set pieces) where instead of choosing certain positions to stand on for example far/near post at a corner, you choose the players you would like to stand there just as you choose you free-kick taker or your penalty taker. So you would be able to choose which player is your first choice for that position at that set piece.

Training -
    I feel that the training needs to be redone and that it needs to be more affective, you need to be able to see who is training well who deserves a place in the starting line-up based on training, they give you the top five players who are training well and that isn't any help. What I would like to see is a big list that shows who is training well within your training schedules.

Tactics
    This is one I believe needs a large overhaul, I love the new tactics creator and all but I feel its very unrealistic. What I would like to see is instead of the bars you get the option to "Say" how you want your players to play, for example mentality of a player you can choose from an option of 10 different words such as "none, very little, little, moderate, more, lots, go crazy" something along those lines.

Set Pieces
    I would be amazing if we could create our own set Pieces.

Squad Discipline -
    I like my discipline but it annoys me when I have to after every poor game find the culprits and discipline them for their performances, what I think should be added is a disciplinary action whereby you can set when players will be punished and how much, so if it’s a rating of 6.4 - 6.0/5.9 you issue a warning, if its 5.9/5.8 - 5.5 then 1 weeks pay and 5.4 - lower than 2 weeks

Match Officials -
    Ok I would like to see a specific feature where you can have a go at match officials... I recently had a goal chalked off because the blind Ass Ref thought he was offsides

Practices -
    Set how many practices or when practices would happen in the week, two per day or once per day every day of the week etc.

Manager Status -
    One thing I would love to see is to be able to set a status. Here is an image of what other managers have said, and I thought it'd be nice if we could select one of those to show how we are feeling

Friendlies -
    What I'd like to see is the ability to ask the opposition club for a change of date in the friendly, this would be particularly useful when you start the game as far to often you have two games in the space of two days which kills your team in pre-season.

Affiliate clubs -
    I'd like to see more options to choose from when selecting affiliate clubs. There are many in the editor but you cannot select them in-game, I'd like to be able to select whether we play friendlies, whether I want first choice to buy etc. What I would like to see is an upgrading of affiliate status as well. I am currently playing a Newcaslte game and we have good relations with Carlisle and Gateshead, but I'd like them to turn into full-time affiliated clubs.

Here are some that have been done, but could still do with improving as always.

Loanee's -
    I recently had several players on loan and they all played badly so I would like to see the option to talk to them, about their recent performances as you can't do anything but hope that they pick up their performance levels. - This has actually been done exactly how I wanted it to be done, but It'd always be nice to chat with the loanee's more, e.g. "Where do you see yourself at the end of the season?", "Well I'd actually love to sign for the club permanently!"

Player Interaction -
    I feel that there needs to be more Player Interaction, for example you need to be able to say more to the players, you need to be able to convince them more, whether it’s to join the club, or about their future roles. They should also come to you when there are problems, especially as they often run to media when they are having problems about not playing. - Once again this has been done exactly how I wanted it to be done, but It'd always be nice to chat with the players more

International Duty -
    I think that they should when it tells you the days that they are player give a note to say what matches the players will be missing if any, this effects the lower division teams more that the top leagues But I believe it should be done.

Here are a list of what I like that you, the FMF community, have suggested in this thread.

Jedd
    Manager Celebrations -
    Have you ever seen Jose Mourinho caught up in the moment of his team scoring a important goal and he goes mental on the sideline, running to the fans celebrating? Or Wengers motionless face when his team score? Well I think they should incorporate this into the next Football Manager, with each choice giving a different effect on players. Going crazy on the touchline could help some players in confidence, but others it could affect them by making them think the game is over, and they get complacent. The motionless face could make some players try harder, but others feel nothing is good enough.

This would be a neat little feature and help in making relations/having a name for yourself in the game. You could also do a nice spot of gloating in front of the opposition fans and get yourself in trouble, but it was well worth it!

Team outings -
    This idea is simple. Team building activities that will happen instead of training over the period of time you chose. The players can go out and help them get used to each other, build relationships and increase morale. But beware, you could end up spending large chunks of money on this or the players could get a freak injury, or they could realise they hate their team mates and decide they do not want to be around them anymore.

This would be a nice little addition as it gives you more control over your players and can help them settle in etc.

Public Relations -
    You could also have things like PR Releases (signing shirts etc.) bringing in extra money. All of this would affect training time though so you'd have to chose carefully.
    Andytiger
    How about a Goals on Sunday addition. You will get an invite to appear on the show and they will ask you questions about the previous weeks football, any future transfer rumours or what your plans are for the rest of the season. This could help build relations with other players, clubs and managers. Let's say for instance, you are asked about your team and say that you think your left winger could do with some competition and are seeking to look into aquiring a new LM. Your current player shows an increase in his training while agents approach you with players on their books, specific to the position you need to fill.
    KrisL 9
    Formations -
    On the formation screen the positions not being snap gridded so theres more flexibility with where you can place players
    Piisuke
    Match Engine -
    New and improved engine. I want creative players to show more and different flicks with the ball. Step overs are fun the first match, but after seeing Neymar perform 8000 a match, I wonder where the other moves are. I like to see players try pannas, or whatever other trick that players currently use.

Team Interaction -
    It would be nice to be able to talk more to the team, instead of just individuals.

Manager Interaction -
    Better interaction between managers. If one manager comments on you prior to the match, a lot of comments are greyed out, limiting you to only a few answers. More options, less greyed out answers, or an option to type in your own comment would be nice.

Regen -
    Updated regen faces. They look kind poor. A bit more realism to the faces would be nice.
    James M
    Press Conference -
    Either properly fix the (still) boring and repetitive Press Conferences, or remove them from the game until they are fixed, please!!!!!!!!
    Ryanosaurus
    Scouting and Youth Recruiting -
    It would be good if they improved the scouting aswell. I dont really like it. I mean you can send scouts around the country and most the time you barely find cheap, young players in Africa, at 16 years old and get the chance to turn them into superstars. You should be able to have trial days. Like loads of young players play against you in a trial game, or train with your U18's for a few days?
    BuzzKillington14
    Team Talks -
    I think team talks could be better, I think you should be able to say why you said that. eg: if i say i'm dissapointed, i should be able to say specifically why, such not taking chances, not getting stuck in etc.

Regen -
    I also find that still too many regens dont have realistic attributes. So many times I see CB regens that look good but have low aggression (like 3 or 4), or AMC with low creativity and passing (often below 10). At first I thought this is cos they're only 15/16, but they carry these poor attributes through so that when they're 19/20, they really have no hope of playing.
    Chris
    Training -
    What I'd love to see on FM is a 3D Training Engine so you could watch the players do the training, whether its sprint runs, 5 a side games of football, penalty taking.
    NJT86
    Finances -
    An easy thing to implement into the game would be the option to pay off larger chunks of debt

Example
    I'm currently managing Napoli after taking over mid-way through their second season. We managed to make 20m profit last season through player sales, tv rights and competitions, now they have given me a 45m budget with which to finish in the top 5 - which is great - but there is 61m debt hanging over the club from a bank loan and they are only paying off 460k/month until 2029!!

I'd like the option to say to the chairman - instead of giving me 45m, why not take 20m of that and pay it off the loan? - thus giving me a 25m budget, which I can work with quite easily, and reducing the amount of debt the club is burdened with.

The sooner the club are out of debt, the sooner I can be given an even bigger transfer budget with which to mount a challenge for the title/Champions League and I can set about improving the youth facilities etc.
    devileh
    Player Interaction -
    -Resovling issues between players who dislike eachother
    -Training more detailed individual moves(random example: tell a CB if he's ever the last man, never go hard in)
    -Making a tutoring option that let's youngsters learn something from players with different personality(i.e.. tutoring that isn't as close)
    -Convincing players to accept going on loan deals(i.e. being able to tell them you really think it will help their development etc.)
    -Talking with player who are dirty(/aggressive and forcing them to change their ways
    -Discussing with player about how they feel they can perform if retrained to a new position
    -Having team-building events, rally meets(to boost morale)
    -Increasing the role of the captain somehow
    -Discussing with the players about the upcoming match(their input, maybe one of your boys has played in the opposing club and can share something)
    -Being able to give players more ultimatums in regards to their performance, especially if it's a player you can't/won't sell(a 6.9 average in 20 matches, mate?)
    -Being able to sit down and have a serious discussion with players that dislike you, and maybe repair the relationship or atleast build a bridge.
    -Commending players for good training efforts without having to tell them they're not training hard enough first.

Training -
    I saw someone mention this earlier but I want to be able to:
    -Set up training sessions somewhat like in real life instead of sliders. Where you can choose between different training procedures and having more talented coaches will open up more/different ways to train. This will make training specific positions easier instead of vague sliders(example: Now, if you want a nible little winger to improve his stamina, he has to train a strength regime. If you want a huge, strong rock in defense, he has to train aerobic to improve his jumping).
    -Train specific moves for specific situations(set pieces, etc)(PS: Not just like the match preparation stuff which is just hidden stat boosts, i mean real, specific movement)
    -Being able to join/watch trainings, to spur on extra effort, or maybe be able to watch 5-a-side matches to judge who you should use in the next match
    -Goalkeepers being able to learn brazilian side-kicks PPM or something to give the goalkeepers that are expert kickers(in terms of accuracy) an edge.

Other stuff -
    -Being able to be a club teams U-19/reserve side coach. It would be fun to have a sort of semi-guided career mode where you have goals and objectives.
    -Hosting trail games to attract youth so YOU can choose which youths should be signed.
    -Having the oppertunity to comment on the ref or other match related stuff outside the normal after-match press conferance.
    -Goalkeepers getting their own Penalty Saves stat!
    -Captains(and other high influence players) getting more animations where they spur on teammates, direct players, point etc.(to a higher degree than in the current FM game)
    raydenvm
    - Ability to talk with coaches, scouts, etc.
    - Better 3D
    - More diversity in player talks
    - Interior integration with your blog about FM
    Thanks for reading

NOTE: NONE OF THESE IDEA'S ARE MINE, BUT THOSE OF THE FMF COMMUNITY, I SIMPLY LIKE THEM AND THINK THAT THEY WOULD ADD TO FM

Amateur

Will be southern sudanese nationality - players and everything - added to FM 2012? I hope yes, someone will make Southern Sudanese league.. imagine yourself managing a team in the completely new league.. that would be so great.

Apart from more default leagues, I don't want nothing new. I want old, good FM07 and 08 back, without all that new, boring stuff which only delays you from advancing in the game..

Amateur

stop free agents retiring so early after being released

Semi Pro

This has probably been mentioned before but, i'd like to be able to tell my corner takers to do in swinging or out swinging corners.

Options for corners something like this.

In swinging
    Out swinging
    Mixed

Amateur

the main things i would like to see added are:

better interaction with the fans, i.e telling them why you let a player leave or why you went out of the league cup in the 3rd round after playing youth players

a tick box on the player filter for home grown players

manager personalities, purely cosmetic but it could change the press conference questions you would get

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Norkey View Post
    Will be southern sudanese nationality - players and everything - added to FM 2012?
    Is South Sudan a member of FIFA? If so, I imagine it will be added to the game.

Amateur

I'd like to be able to select which matches will show on Latest Scores / Goal Updates modules. These can get very crowded, not to mention that we do not have control over their size. In European competitions I am only interested in results of other teams from my country, so it would be great to be able to select matches to be shown.

Amateur

Despite my recent long post, I hope that SI sort out all the crap that doesn't work, like setting certain instructions, e.g. set Throws ins to short and the players are addiment to make sure that they throw it long, certain players will have "looks for pass instead of shooting" yet Jonas Guiterrez shoots up to more than 5 times a game, yet in real life if he shoots then WOW...

Amateur

New Player Preferred Move (think that's what their called).

Like's to catch Keeper off their line.

Thinking Rooney, example today's CL match with Chelsea towards the end nearly catching Cech off his line as well as in other matches, or David Beckham has done it a few times in his career (more recently in the MLS).

Amateur

I am not sure how easy this would be to implement but I would really like to see a new staff role: Academy Director

Amateur

Improve press conference system

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by taylorsmen View Post
    This has probably been mentioned before but, i'd like to be able to tell my corner takers to do in swinging or out swinging corners.

Options for corners something like this.

In swinging
    Out swinging
    Mixed
    Surely this just depends on what foot the player uses? For example a right footed player taking a corner from the right would find it very difficult to produce an in swinging corner, he'd have to deliberately slice it with the outside of his foot which would be a stupid way to take a corner

Amateur

My thoughts on new content? Most of it works apart from a few bugs need working out. If they do need something new to put in i would like to see a rethink of the youth system. Such as instead of just random regens popping up you have trial days like with the internationals so you have a say in what you get with the option of having your asm do it if you cant be bothered. Maybe training camps aswell but now im just grabbing at straws. What do you guys think on the youth system?

My suggestion is making Friends [or otherwise] with other Managers has benefits [or drawbacks].

Like. Manager (you) says in a media conference; "I like Manager X and he's a good friend."

Currently, this means didly squat apart from a list in your profile (unless I'm missing some hidden benefit).

I'd like to see your "friend" managers doing things like;

Coming out in the media in your support during poor form,
    [higher rep AI manager] initiating a private chat when approaching a game against somebody they just played or mutual rivals (like, you should show Torres onto his left next week, we did it last week, he struggled)
    [Lower rep AI manager] Initiating a private chat asking some advice about something; even potential signings,
    Helping with NT management, putting hand up for Olympic team or whatever.

etc etc.

If this started happening, one would pay much more attention to the comments that came out form opposing managers. Unlike now.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMush View Post
    Improve press conference system
    How ?

Quote Originally Posted by Viggo Vickers View Post
    New Player Preferred Move (think that's what their called).

Like's to catch Keeper off their line.

Thinking Rooney, example today's CL match with Chelsea towards the end nearly catching Cech off his line as well as in other matches, or David Beckham has done it a few times in his career (more recently in the MLS).
    Messi tried the chip a few times in the two legs against shaktar.

Whens is a chip a chip, and when is it trying to catch them off their line?

Amateur

Possibility to sign a player "after he has gained X nationality" if he only misses < 90 days for that....this way for example if he gains nationality on August (theorically), I can make the offer on May for the next transfer session but I will not use a non-eu slot (for the leagues that have it) because he'd be forced to transfer on 1st of July. Is it clear?

Amateur

http://en.tactx.uefa.com/#

''TactX is a rendering engine to training sessions. It allows the coach to build 2d drills, game simulations and set plays then render them in 3d. It is an ideal tool for creating training videos (far less than the cost of professional players to perform the same drills), developing and demonstrating tactical situations, and analyzing team tendencies. The rendered video can be viewed in 2d or 3d, from multiple angles, and customized ''

Now THAT would change the world of Football Manager games!!!

Fully animated training drills.

Training is a part of the game that is neglected IMHO and SI should focus more on that.

With a tool like that,the potential development paths that would open are endless,just a few of them would be :

- All individuall focus drills (shooting,crossing,agility,dribbling etc.) fully animated and maybe measured in drills such as acceleration or pace (in terms of seconds) so we can understand the development.

- 5v5 or 11v11 training matches for improving tactical awareness and team blend.

- Drills for improving possession game,set piece movement when attacking and defending,player tactical movement under certain situations and so on...

3D training also offers some ''eye candy''...we would be able to actually see the difference between state of the art training facilities when compared to a plain training field of the lower leagues,
    plus our coaches are now animated too and we can see them train our players.

Amateur

Im hoping the ME is rehauled for FM12...If thats the case, Id like SI to try and get the 3D pitches looking more realistic..Whether its raining, snowing or hailing, it looks mostly the same dull colour. Maybe get it looking as real as possible, along with real life nets. IMO this would add to realism, and is probably not an unrealistic idea?. I wont expect too much improvements on stadiums, as I believe that is a long term goal, but for FM12 my two wishes are for the ME to be redone (near perfection) and for the 3D graphics, mostly grass and nets to be re vamped

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Preveza View Post
    Im hoping the ME is rehauled for FM12...If thats the case, Id like SI to try and get the 3D pitches looking more realistic..Whether its raining, snowing or hailing, it looks mostly the same dull colour. Maybe get it looking as real as possible, along with real life nets. IMO this would add to realism, and is probably not an unrealistic idea?. I wont expect too much improvements on stadiums, as I believe that is a long term goal, but for FM12 my two wishes are for the ME to be redone (near perfection) and for the 3D graphics, mostly grass and nets to be re vamped
    I'm 100% sure that the ME won't be redone. It will however be tweaked and tweaked and tweaked year round every year. It will get better and better. But there's no going back and redoing it now after (tens of) years of development.
    The 3D part will of course be improved every year as well. There are people working on 3D. I expect them to be productive.

Amateur

I would like for old players to retain their reputation more. For instance if David Beckham or a past-it Messi went to smaller club, there would still be excitement and increase in shirt sales... maybe more mention of trophies they've won and things. I think there should be some sort of legend reputation where signing one would improve morale and fan confidence and attendance, and it would all be amazing (until they proved they'd lost it on the pitch, at which point the circus might end).

Amateur

More interaction with the fans especially at away games.
    Say how good the atmosphere was, and how many away fans went to the game, and see that these figures improve for bigger games and the better you are doing.
    Also the idea about real stadiums is a great on the 3d match engine. Would really add to the matchday experience. If you want have the option available to design and build stadiums for your team or even other teams.

Amateur

Add some better/different sounds or chants, during a match .. i'm tired of the same old stuff.

Amateur

I'd like to see an option in team instructions to tell players whether to go down easily in the box or stay on their feet.

Third Team

I wish for commentary and sounds to be completely revamped. It is boring to always read the same commentary and listen to the same sounds.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    I wish for commentary and sounds to be completely revamped. It is boring to always read the same commentary and listen to the same sounds.

Déjà vu
    Last edited by 2Pacalypse; 17-04-2011 at 13:42.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by 2Pacalypse View Post

Déjà vu
    Yes. : D I think it is really needed as it is pretty big part of the game. And watching and listening to the same things for years is really boring.

And I am disappointed that I wasn't sure if I spelled commentary correctly. : D

Amateur

Wow, only read the last page and I saw so many amazing ideas.

1. Training sessions. I'd like to set up my own training and develop my own style to play like "the Liverpool way".

2. Player/agent interaction. If I want to sign for example Steven Gerrard, I'd want to approach him myself before making a bid to Liverpool. Maybe make a dropdown in the "Make an offer" tab and there could be "approach agent" or something like that. In there would be different ways to check the availability of Steven Gerrard and he would answer you in all sorts of ways. You could also try to make a convincing case of why he should join Real Madrid (let's say I manage Real Madrid). So tell him about the glory we can achieve together and what your goals are and what players I intend to sign. Maybe this is rather difficult to do but in my opinion, this would be a great addition.

3. Manager interaction. As many have said, I'd like to give/get advice from other managers and have a blast at referees. There's so much room for improvement in this area and I'd like to see a major breakthrough in this in FM2012.

4. Tactics. This connects a little with training sessions. I'd like more flexibility in the tactics section like if I want to defend only with 6 men and attack with 6. So I can tell maybe my 2nd striker or a winger to be more defensive, like Dirk Kuyt does at LFC. And tell fullbacks to make a run down the flanks every once in a while. There are alot of good points just on page 68 about this tactic thing but I think this would be the most appriciated. Much, much, MUCH more flexibility with players' duties in defence and attack.

5. Fans. I'd like to compliment my supporters on home and away games. Maybe have a private chat with the fans' spokeperson whenever I want and tell him ideas or hear ideas about signins that fans want to see. Just to make things very realistic.

6. The chairman. You can manage a club and the success doesn't matter.. you can't get sacked! This is a major flaw in the game! Someone said something about job interviews on this thread. THAT IS A WONDERFUL IDEA! I have been wanting to see that in every FM game. In the start of the game, when you pick a club to manage, the chairman summons you to a meeting. He wants to know what strategy you are going to use on the pitch. Let's say you get a 3-year contract (this is also annoying.. you always get a 2-year contract). Okay, lets say 3-year contract and he wants to know what your ambitions are for the next three seasons and if you intend to spend big money or develop your own players. REALISTIC is again, key here.

7. Reputation of your club. I saw this a few comments above. Many clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona go to Asia, America, Africa or some continent to make the franchise bigger and more famous. When you book a friendly-tour in Asia, Africa or America I'd like that my finances go up, up, UPUPUPUP!!! And shirts and other stuff sells like crazy.

So many things that can improve but these points are the ones I'd like to see in FM2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Touristas3 View Post
    http://en.tactx.uefa.com/#

''TactX is a rendering engine to training sessions. It allows the coach to build 2d drills, game simulations and set plays then render them in 3d. It is an ideal tool for creating training videos (far less than the cost of professional players to perform the same drills), developing and demonstrating tactical situations, and analyzing team tendencies. The rendered video can be viewed in 2d or 3d, from multiple angles, and customized ''

Now THAT would change the world of Football Manager games!!!

Fully animated training drills.

Training is a part of the game that is neglected IMHO and SI should focus more on that.

With a tool like that,the potential development paths that would open are endless,just a few of them would be :

- All individuall focus drills (shooting,crossing,agility,dribbling etc.) fully animated and maybe measured in drills such as acceleration or pace (in terms of seconds) so we can understand the development.

- 5v5 or 11v11 training matches for improving tactical awareness and team blend.

- Drills for improving possession game,set piece movement when attacking and defending,player tactical movement under certain situations and so on...

3D training also offers some ''eye candy''...we would be able to actually see the difference between state of the art training facilities when compared to a plain training field of the lower leagues,
    plus our coaches are now animated too and we can see them train our players.

Dont think I would like this. The season takes long enough as it is.

I downloaded a CM demo a couple of years ago, thinking that the visualisation of training would be interesting. Admittedly, it was poorly implemented, but the interest factor wanes pretty quickly. It really isnt that interesting watch your players do the same thing over and over.

I prefer the current, macro managed training better, although its not greatly implemented either.

I would like to have touchline shouts available in all modes. I play in commentary only (bc of my slow PC) and dont have that available. (unless I am missing something)

Hey all. Another great game with more great improvements on previous years, well done SI.

I'm wondering, especially since the introduction of female managers, whether women's football could finally be getting some of the recognition it deserves. I'm a huge fan of Australia's national team, the Matildas, and our little W-League is beginning to get along now too (Come on you Victory Girls!)

I'd love to see Women's football implemented on a wider level. How cool would it be to take on this challenge, virtual unknowns in many ways, but yet still teams you're familiar with (ie Arsenal Ladies, Portsmouth Ladies, QPR Ladies, etc.) Or if you wanted to hit the women's bigtime, take on a team in the US, or one of the bigger Scandinavian leagues.

Also, I must say the weak spot in Football Manager is sound. I'd love an excuse to turn the speakers on, right now I play in silence. That's fine, perfectly adequate. But to hear some chants going up in different sections of the crowd. This could be implemented with a few soundbytes, and allow customisation, so people can install their own chants they grab from the web (love to hear Melbourne Victory's South End in-game singing "I Wanna Be Victory", or the whole stadium going with NESW)

I'm sure such things as these will possibly get looked at with time.

I also love the idea of a job interview that has been mentioned above, then at the end of it, the board come down to you with their idea of what you can achieve. I tend to feel a bit funny when you pick your own budget at the start of the season.

Finally another poster touched on club reputation, particular with things like booking a tour across Asia. Currently, it doesn't feel like a tour, it's just another match you've booked - there is no allowance for travel (nor any tiredness on the players - unless they're coming back from internationals). It would be good if it could be set up as a proper tour-style trip, where you set up a run of matches across different locations within close proximity. And this should then hopefully reflect on the reputation figure, and drive revenue up.

I'm also curious on reputation, why is it a singular figure? Celtic for example have a huge reputation, but their earning power is eclipsed completely by the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Barcelona, and the other big guns. Similarly, Beijing Goaun are a rich rich Chinese team, but noone outside Asia would have heard of them. Finally, as another example, Australian teams like Perth Glory and North Queensland Fury (RIP), who have NO money, and a salary cap to boot, PLUS no international profile or reputation, yet still manage to attract the likes of Robbie Fowler to come and play for them. Also, Jason Culina, PSV stalwart, was attracted home in the prime of his career to pull on Gold Coast United's jersey. Dwight Yorke and Juninho have spent time in Australia, too. Reputation should perhaps be considered a series of figures, such as "Earning power", "Marketability", "Attractiveness to players", "Network with other teams", etc.

Anyway. My two cents. Hope I have made sense (and that my ideas, and others' who have inspired me, are taken on!) Best of luck. Now back to solidifying Nottingham Forest in the Premier League again in FM 11 ...

Amateur

1. Training sessions. I'd like to set up my own training and develop my own style to play like "the Liverpool way".
    I was out of the scene for years at one point, but I believe there was micro-managed training at some point. Was there? I'm perfectly happy with the philosophy that is in place now. You hire the coaches and the coaches decide how to train the players. That's good. Perhaps it would be nice to have more feedback about the quality of the coaches and training. We have the star system, but I don't know if a coach is underperforming or overperforming and I don't know where to look for signs. Or if these signs exist in the first place. The training levels are also somewhat abstract. I have no idea which things exactly affect them or whether they are less than they should be or more.

2. Player/agent interaction. If I want to sign for example Steven Gerrard, I'd want to approach him myself before making a bid to Liverpool. Maybe make a dropdown in the "Make an offer" tab and there could be "approach agent" or something like that. In there would be different ways to check the availability of Steven Gerrard and he would answer you in all sorts of ways. You could also try to make a convincing case of why he should join Real Madrid (let's say I manage Real Madrid). So tell him about the glory we can achieve together and what your goals are and what players I intend to sign. Maybe this is rather difficult to do but in my opinion, this would be a great addition.
    There's already the possibility to enquire about a player in the make offer screen. That could perhaps be expanded, but this basically exists, even if not in the way you wish.

4. Tactics. This connects a little with training sessions. I'd like more flexibility in the tactics section like if I want to defend only with 6 men and attack with 6. So I can tell maybe my 2nd striker or a winger to be more defensive, like Dirk Kuyt does at LFC. And tell fullbacks to make a run down the flanks every once in a while. There are alot of good points just on page 68 about this tactic thing but I think this would be the most appriciated. Much, much, MUCH more flexibility with players' duties in defence and attack.
    I don't see how this is impossible to do right now.

7. Reputation of your club. I saw this a few comments above. Many clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona go to Asia, America, Africa or some continent to make the franchise bigger and more famous. When you book a friendly-tour in Asia, Africa or America I'd like that my finances go up, up, UPUPUPUP!!! And shirts and other stuff sells like crazy.
    Have you checked whether this is what happens already? I don't think that it should be resulting in anything crazy though. It would be nice to have backroom staff recommend this kind of tour though if it would be viable.

EDIT: I realised that this post may come across as a tad negative. The rest of the points were just something that I didn't feel like I had anything to add. Most likely I thought they were good ideas.

Amateur

Playing as a lower division club, I've reminded myself that I spend an awful lot of time perusing the players that are transfer listed, available for loan or otherwise unattached. This tends to result in looking at upwards of fifty players at any given time, hoping to find anyone who is half-decent. It also means I'll stumble across the same players, even though I have already decided they're "not good enough" for my team.

Maybe I'm in the minority of people who have such a problem, but I got to thinking how useful I would find it if there was some form of indication given that I'd already looked at a certain player. Perhaps their name could be displayed in a different colour, or they could have an asterisk after it; anything that would separate the players I'd viewed from those I hadn't. Ideally, it would be something you could customise the range of, so you could choose to have it only apply to players you've looked at since the last continue, in the past week of the game, in the current transfer window, or whatever. Also be able to turn it off completely if you didn't care for such a feature. Probably something that there isn't a great demand for, but I figured there's no harm in throwing it out there.

Amateur

In my game, after Real Madrid sacked his manager (I suppose), I saw Kakà on transfer list. But I saw it just because I went to the transfer list of my will.
    I think I should get info on when such players get listed (since I can be contacted by agents in the game, it's simplier this way). Funny that Kakà was listed for very few days. When there wasn't a manager at the club I suppose.

Amateur

I realism is important to the game, here's a few ideas.
    1.Training
    a)Each coach could have a a knowledge list of training regimes. Better coaches will have a higher quantity of training regimes, of which they can use. The club can only use training regimes that its staff has knowledge of.
    b) Youth coaches could learn regimes from older seasoned coaches.
    c) A club could sent a Coach to learn new coaching badges like in real life to acquire new regimes, and upgrade their attributes. The manager could allocate funds, and give the coach time to gain their badge. This will create a reduction in the amount of training he can provide for the players while he is learning, but more time and money will produce a better coach after he acquires his badge.
    d) Coaches mental attributes could have an influence on players attributes. A coach with high determination should improve each players determination by a small amount, especially if the player likes the coach.

2) Youth Academy.
    I would like more control over the youth academy. Some managers are very much involved with the academy and I dont think this is reflected in the game. This is a shame because bringing up youngsters is my favourite part of the game.
    a) Id love the ability to assign at least 1 coach to run the academy (HOY, head of youth). A high working with youngsters stat would have a small effect on each players potential who graduate. A determined HOY could improve graduates determination, rating. high motivation and discipline could improve consistency levels.
    b) Set the mentality of the academy, say, attacking, defensive, physical, mental, technical, conditioning, tactical focuses. This targeting for your academy will produce newgens who have a weighted balance to their attributes based on the focus. For example, conditioning would reduce the players injury prone stat, increase the natural fitness, and have a small effect on the players physical attributes, bravery, aggression and work rate. A defensive focus will improve tackling, marking, strength, positioning attributes regardless of the players position (could introduce good defensive forwards). Tactical focus would encourage versatility in the players, and give boosts to creativity and team work. etc.

Amateur

Something I feel that is missing is Youth/Academy Player of the Season for clubs (not league). Just like your fans vote for the best Player of the Season, there needs to be best Youth Player, which could have additional benefits, like a CA or PA increase.

Amateur

I'm not a 100% sure that it's not possible now but it would be great if a manager could agree to join another club at a set date, say after the current season.

So when big club sack a manager mid season they can come with an offer to you to take control when the current season has finished.

Maybe even have the possibility that the offer wouldn't be formal so my current board wouldn't even know!

Semi Pro

I'd like to see improved ball boys, too many of my players are walking over the ad boards to get the ball when we have a throw in, corners are worse as my corner taker sometimes has to go behind the goal to get the ball, he then kicks it towards the corner, stays still till the ball stops, then goes and takes the corner, time wasting at it's best.

Improved ball boys please.

Amateur

'Copy 1st team coaching assignments' button for setting up the youth team coaching assignments

Amateur

1. Allow comments on players causing injuries. One of the most frustrating things in the game is watching a goon wipe out my star striker for a month or two with a bad injury and not being able to do something about it. We should be able to go to the media and have a chance of getting a player suspended, or some other form of retribution.

2. More continuity between matches in the pre-match buildups. For example something like "This is the first meeting at Stamford Bridge between these two teams since last April's Champions League semifinal when referee John Doe controversially sent off Frank Lampard, which led to a 1-0 Chelsea defeat. Lampard has said today he is on a mission to redeem himself in this fixture"

3. This has been suggested before but allow us to "lock" a role to a player. Say I have two great strikers, one's a world-class complete forward and the other is a classic pacey striker. Every time I sub out the complete forward for the pacey striker I have to go in and change the tactic creator role since I don't want my 8 strength 7 jumping pacey striker in the complete forward role. Instead just allow me to lock the "advanced forward" role onto my pacey striker, I sub him in, one click and I'm done.

Amateur

PPM creation

I know I'm going to be in the minority but I don't like the way PPM are handled id much rather they were created when a player's attributes reached a certain value or after he had been given specific instructions for a period of time.
    I.E if Free kicks 13 or more and Technique 10 or less = 20% chance of 'Hits free kicks with power'.
    Pace and Acceleration 14 or more and dribbling 8 or less = 25% chance of 'knocks ball past opponent'.
    Give a player forward runs often + 5% chance he develops 'Arrives late in area'
    I know this would take away some of our tools for shaping players but it would be a lot easier to keep PPM constant between the original db and the newgens not relying on the AI to decide what PPMs to teach what players and the AI behind the players agreeing to learn them.

They should have classic modes, where you can start season from the 2000-2008 database. It should be on their expansion pack where you have to pay maybe $5-15 dollar. I think it'll be nice to play players like Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo with the new FM 11 features and match engine

Amateur

All I want is to be able to set my player to long shots rarely and not see him shooting from 30 yards constantly... Or better, make more settings, such as NEVER TAKE LONG SHOTS, as opposed to rarely.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Abbonando View Post
    All I want is to be able to set my player to long shots rarely and not see him shooting from 30 yards constantly... Or better, make more settings, such as NEVER TAKE LONG SHOTS, as opposed to rarely.
    You're a ******.

The reason your players continue to shoot from that range is normally for one of two reasons:

1) They are given a lot of creative freedom, therefore allowing them more freedom to choose what to do rather than doing exactly what their instructions say they should.
    2) They are not able to pick out a better option. This could be for a number of reasons, your tactics could not be freeing up any players for the pass, or the player might not have the ability to spot a good passing option.

It all comes down to your tactics, if you set it up right you will see very few long shots. I usually have less than 5% of my shots being from range because my tactic works well.

Amateur

How about a news item near the end of the season that tells you how many of your players are close to completing the 10 game minimum for getting a winners medal?

And another for if they are suspended/injured/dropped for a final they were looking forward to...

The finals etc don't have as much buildup as they should

Amateur

Been told to post this in here so....

Apart from when a club is on the verge of a takeover, do the chairman ever appear in news items?

Id like to see it more, for instance if the fans dont like the chairman and want him out. For example im a Newcaste fan and really hate Mike Cashley. In game, if he was to sell your best player(if it was the chairmans decision), then a fans revolt news item to appear. Would add a bit more realism. Another example would be the Man Utd fans with the Glazers, or the Liverpool fans with Hicks etc.

Would be nice, but may be hard to implement. And its not a major issue, just a nice touch.

Amateur

I have not gone through all 6777 posts, but what I would like is for the game to keep track of league records. i.e most career goals in the Premiership, most career apps and such

Semi Pro

An end of season sit down and review with the players.

-Individual performance reviews (you played well, you need to improve, etc.)
    -Individual targets (I want you to score more goals next season, I want more clean sheets, etc.)
    -Manager changes (We'll only be making small changes, I want to revamp the squad)
    -Team performance (We should have done better, I think we overachieved this year, etc.)

Amateur

New Transfer option, just like you can exchange players should be an option to sell a player and also request to loan a player to go with the transfer. i.e. Berbatov from Tottenham, they got Fraizer Campbell on loan in exchange as well as cash.

Part-Timer

Do you know what I'd like to see? A slight change to the media interaction...

"slight?" I hear you say? Well yes, cos overall I'm quite happy with it

But, I've recently noticed when reading pre-match items on the BBC sport site that more and more players are singling out the opposition target man, not the manager...

example

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/9467813.stm

Meanwhile, United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar has pinpointed Schalke's veteran Spanish striker Raul as the main threat to his team's hopes.
    "Raul is quite an amazing player," said the Dutchman, who will be appearing in a record-equalling 13th Champions League semi-final.
    "He had so many years at Real Madrid at a high level and scored so many goals for them in the league. In addition, he is top scorer in the Champions League [with 71 goals].
    "He is not someone you can lose sight of - he is so dangerous and only needs a little chance to score. Our defenders should be on their toes."
    I never know which player should be singled out, I know that my staff give suggestions but whenever I've followed their advice the player in question has had a stormer... now if my own players were to pinpoint the dangerman ALA Mr VDS then I'd be perfectly happy for that to happen

Amateur

Add a PPM called "doesn't shoot straight into the keeper in one on one situation repeatedly". Half joking, half serious..

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by serek View Post
    Add a PPM called "doesn't shoot straight into the keeper in one on one situation repeatedly". Half joking, half serious..
    They aren't, there are simply just a small number of animations to show a save

I'd like slightly aring 11's more control over youth and reserve team starting 11's without actually managing the games.

It woould go something like this, News Item;

Ass Manager John James is team todays selecting the reserves team today.

[Graphical representation of the starting lineup] - drop down boxes on each position letting you select players for one, two or all positions, 45 minutes of full game, set piece for a particular player.

At the moment; I generally select 'all players needing match fitness' but its usually not the players I want playing.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by MelbVictory View Post
    I'd like slightly aring 11's more control over youth and reserve team starting 11's without actually managing the games.

It woould go something like this, News Item;

Ass Manager John James is team todays selecting the reserves team today.

[Graphical representation of the starting lineup] - drop down boxes on each position letting you select players for one, two or all positions, 45 minutes of full game, set piece for a particular player.

At the moment; I generally select 'all players needing match fitness' but its usually not the players I want playing.
    I'm pretty sure that if you pick the team on the reserve squad page after making your players available, the assman/coach will go with your selection... at least I'm sure that's how it used to work.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by CFish View Post
    Been told to post this in here so....

Apart from when a club is on the verge of a takeover, do the chairman ever appear in news items?

Id like to see it more, for instance if the fans dont like the chairman and want him out. For example im a Newcaste fan and really hate Mike Cashley. In game, if he was to sell your best player(if it was the chairmans decision), then a fans revolt news item to appear. Would add a bit more realism. Another example would be the Man Utd fans with the Glazers, or the Liverpool fans with Hicks etc.

Would be nice, but may be hard to implement. And its not a major issue, just a nice touch.
    Id like to see something like this too. At the very least, as a manager I should be able to comment on this. options could be,

'The board promised me he would not be sold.'
    'It wasn't my choice, to sell him'.
    'I could have sold him for more.'
    'I understand the boards decision'.
    'Club finances always come first'.

These options will effect the fans, the board, and the players opinion of you.

Amateur

I would like the scouts to be worse (!!)

I think they are a little too accurate. If I have a great scout and and I see a player and go "wow" and send my scout toodling along he goes "meh, 2 and half stars" on the report card and I'm like "huh, why?"
    but because I know the scout is excellent, with the appropriate 20s, and he can see things that I can not see I trust him more than myself. This is not well done. I would like, even if they scout a player for 3 or 4 matches, that the star rating given can be off by up to one and a half stars for a 20-rated scout, and more stars for a weaker rated scout. In real life, clubs scout players for a long time before beginning any transfer proceedings. Naturally, there will be players who just shine out but the attributes do this well enough for you. I would like my scouts to, yes, be good at unearthing the hidden attributes, but this should take time.

For example, I ask my scout for a report card on a player and he comes back a tells me "great buy, consistent performer!" - how on earth does he know that!?

Scouts should take months and months to find out things. Even if a 20 rated scout spends 3 months tracking a player, there should still be a decent chance he's not totally correct.

I think this above anything else would vastly improve the game for me.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaru5 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if you pick the team on the reserve squad page after making your players available, the assman/coach will go with your selection... at least I'm sure that's how it used to work.
    Really - ill give that a try.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    I would like the scouts to be worse (!!)

I think they are a little too accurate. If I have a great scout and and I see a player and go "wow" and send my scout toodling along he goes "meh, 2 and half stars" on the report card and I'm like "huh, why?"
    but because I know the scout is excellent, with the appropriate 20s, and he can see things that I can not see I trust him more than myself. This is not well done. I would like, even if they scout a player for 3 or 4 matches, that the star rating given can be off by up to one and a half stars for a 20-rated scout, and more stars for a weaker rated scout. In real life, clubs scout players for a long time before beginning any transfer proceedings. Naturally, there will be players who just shine out but the attributes do this well enough for you. I would like my scouts to, yes, be good at unearthing the hidden attributes, but this should take time.

For example, I ask my scout for a report card on a player and he comes back a tells me "great buy, consistent performer!" - how on earth does he know that!?

Scouts should take months and months to find out things. Even if a 20 rated scout spends 3 months tracking a player, there should still be a decent chance he's not totally correct.

I think this above anything else would vastly improve the game for me.

Thanks.
    I agree. Furthermore, I'd like it if:
    - In the basic report you'd only get to know availability and biggest strength/weakness, personality. Things like that.
    - You'd get the star ratings for PA only by watching the player for a game or more.
    - You'd get the star rating for CA faster.
    - These would get more and more accurate after every game that the scout has seen the player play.
    - Better the scout faster -> fewer matches needed for more accurate results.
    - The scout would only reveal attributes by watching the player play.
    - More attributes would be revealed per match if the scout were better.
    - Scouting a region would reveal some of the attributes and give an initial CA and such. Similar to watching one match from the player.

Possibly it could be nice if you could assign a scout to watch a limited amount of players at a time, and they would keep on scouting those players until they are happy with the results or you terminate the scouting beforehand yourself.
    Every scout could give a weekly report for these players that'd include the current CA/PA guess and an opinion whether the scouting should be continued. Or that could be covered in backroom advice room.

Amateur

Not sure if either of these have been mentioned (68 pages is a lot to trawl through, so I didn't) but two things I'd like to see are

1) If you have a player with dual nationality that you can influence his decision on who he declares for. For instance I have a French / Algerian and an English /Nigerian youngsters in my youth squad, both of whom will make it into the senior squad before too long. I'd like both of them to declare for their European nations to avoid them leaving for ANC duty mid season. Selfish I know, but I'm sure it happens in real life. I read recently that Mick McCarthy has being trying to persuade Jamie O'Hara to declare for Ireland for instance.

2) If you sign a non EU youngster and have to wait a number of years before he joins (when he turns 18) I think it would be a nice touch if you could ask his current team to re-train him in a different position. For instance I have signed a 16 year old from Chile, his positions are WB/M/AM R, but I plan on using him as a RB. It would be a big help if he was already trained up as a RB in the two years before he joins so he can slot straight into the side. Hope that makes sense?

Amateur

This might have been mentioned before, but if it has then i would just like to add again

I would like to see a scenario based 'mini game' option added to the game. I think its a nice touch with Steam that you can unlock acheivements but I believe this acheivement based gameplay can be further enhanced.

For example there could be different scenarios from different years...You may want to re create the historic West Brom survivial on the fainal day of 0405.

Or there may be longer more drawn out scenarios where you take charge of someone like Southampton in the Redknapp era and you may need to keep them up rather than send them down??

I believe that this will give players a chance to try out other aspects of the game, and perhaps try like an 'arcade version' of the game....Purists might not like it, but this may also act like a difficulty tester, so when you so start a career game, the game may adjust to how you did on these scenarios..

Is anyone in agreement or has this all been said before?

Lurker

I would like to be able to set individual players a default player role when it comes to the formation and position.
    For example if you have a striker at 6'6 that gets injured and you bring on a striker thats 5'4 its pretty obvious that they are going to have a different role in the game and if you forget to change the role of the striker then your players will be looking to ping balls up to a 5'4 target man!

Amateur

As long as it's realistic, I'd like to be able to bring in South American and African players to European clubs before they turn 18. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this something that happens in real life? For example; Messi, Thiago (Alcantara), Jonathon and Gio Dos Santos were all training at Barcelona before they were 18 and how many young African players go to France as teenagers? It's my understanding that in real life situations, players are allowed to move, but just can't play in the first team until they're 18 - correct? And I think it'd just be a lot better if you could bring in that 15 year old Brazilian, have him play in your youth and/or reserve team (again, only if this is what happens in real life - I may be wrong) and have the opportunity to train him during this time also.

Amateur

This thread is already to long. It probably should be separated in sections (tactical, training, media, etc).

Anyway, probably has been said before but here it goes:

-It makes absolutely no sense that I cannot design the set pieces positioning. If I want my players to defend free kicks by making a line along the penaly area (like Barça or Benfica employed this season) how do I do that ?

-Tactics. I was looking at the stats of the last Real Madrid - Barcelona; Xavi alone had 126 passes completed, Barcelona had 716 (or something). Right now this is impossible to achieve in Fm. Impossible. I think the match engine needs improvement on that area... do you remember in CM 96/97 you could select between "direct" or "continental" styles? It had a dramatic impact on the team performance...maybe something like that? For example having an option of "keep ball possession" which would oppose "look for offensive transitions" or something... of course that is already partly there with the shouts. So I don't know, all I know is it is not enough to achieve that kind of stats. Not even close. I don't think I ever achieved 300 passes let alone 700.

My two cents.
    Last edited by batalheiro; 29-04-2011 at 09:48.

Amateur

After having played the iPhone versions of Football Manager Handheld for the last year or so, and enjoying it far more than I have the desktop version for years, here are some examples on options I would like the see implemented (and before everyone "hardcore" starts complaining, I do actually think that these should be implemented as options, so players can choose what they like):

- Option of how much media interaction you will be forced into. Yes, of course you can choose to for example skip the press conferences, but you're putting yourself at a disadvantage if you do since the game is made to make you take advantage of these. The less you take advantage of the press conferences and all the other useless filler (according to me, YMMV), the harder it will be for you.

- Fewer player attributes. There's a serious attribute overload going on in the desktop version of FM., which both makes it unnecessarily difficult to judge the players, but it's also highly unrealistic. I don't mind that the game has all of those attributes, but I think that what is shown to the players should be far less, many of them should be combined, some removed. The FM Handheld does a much better job here IMO.

... and others similar to these two

Yes, I am basically looking for "easy mode". Not easy as in "I want to win all matches", but easy as in "I don't want to have to think about a million things". Back when I used to love playing the CM3 series, the game for me used to be a lot more fun and relaxing. Football Manager Handheld is bringing back a lot of the good things I remember about CM3, but is still, partly because of hardware limitations, lacking in many ways compared to the desktop version. That is why I would like to see these, and others like them, implemented as options. Some, such as removing a lot of the media interaction without putting the player at a disadvantage, I can understand if it would be at least somewhat difficult.

Things such as showing fewer player attributes however should be at the most one days work for even a novice programmer... Come on SI, make it happen, for the lazy people like me who don't want to think too hard but still want to have fun.
    Last edited by whoismilan; 30-04-2011 at 12:28.

Amateur

I'd like to see some love for the CONCACAF region. Specifically the Caribbean region. Either some more research needs to go into it, or allow us to change international tourneys, like the Caribbean Club Championship. I'd like to try and take a team from a small Caribbean nation to the NACL but it's hardcoded to only allow certain ones only because they've won it in the past.

Part-Timer

I just had a little thought about analysis of dodgy refereeing decisions after games. So this could involve dubious offside decisions, red cards etc.. For example, if the opposition you just played against scored a goal which could have been flagged for offside, after the match we could be shown a picture or slow motion replay with the offside lines of the defender and the attacker. This would show us whether we can feel hard done by and complain about the referee

Amateur

Gbr Wish list - Ability to flag games in the Fixtures screen...

I'd like to have the ability to flag important games in the fixtures screen for future reference.

For example, at the start of the season I could look through the fixture list and see that i'm playing Blackpool at the weekend then Man Utd mid-week. Apologies to all Blackpool fans but i'd probably want to focus more on the Man Utd game and perhaps give my best players a rest. Having the ability to mark the Man Utd game as important and the Blackpool game as a good opportunity to give some second string players a run out would allow a greater degree of forward planning than is currently afforded.

Amateur

I would like to see more detailed history about different rivalries. So we could see for example how many games won or lost each team.

Amateur

Geninho Driblosinho (nickname Alan) is transfer to Mighty Star East Europe and does not work well for team, he can be return to club of original nature.

Lurker

When defining the order of priorities of the players who kick the corners, penalties, etc. it would save time having an option saying: "move to the top of the list", or just to be able to insert the player in a certain position (first, second, third... position), instead of just switching positions, as it happens now, forcing us to insert a new player in the list to kick a corner, for instance, and having to move his position upwards, one position at a time - instead of just putting him immediately in the order we'd prefer.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/onnLNQ6_OO0?rel=0&hd=1
    Last edited by rapazote; 02-05-2011 at 08:03.

Amateur

A lot of good suggestion in this thread and also a few i don't fancy, but everyone has their own perception of football and what matters to them.

A few things i would like to change (That i have not seen mentioned in the 20 or so pages i have checked):
    1. Have different throw-in takers for thrown in offensive and defensive positions.
    Let's say i have a striker that has a great long throw. Then i need to set him as a throw in taker. But i would only like him to take the long throws near the penalty area. When the throws are in my own half, i would probably rather like to have my fullbacks taking the throws so the striker can be in a position to recieve the ball instead.

2. Divide freekicks into three areas rather than two and also have the possibility to assign several players to take the freekicks.
    I would like to have the freekicks divided into right, left and center and also have the possibility to assign several players (i.e. a right footed and a left footed) to take some of the freekicks. In real life it is quite common that from the wide areas you have on players taking the freekicks, whipping the balls in, but if the freekicks are in more central position you usually have more players around the ball in order to make it harder for the goalie. Then the players should themselves make the descision which of them takes the freekick.

/Eppu

Amateur

This post isn't just about my wish, but also a question.
    I was managing Salthill from Ireland, got them to play in Europe. Although they have capacity of about 3k but only 600 seats. So instead having a full capacity in European matches, we had smaller attendance than in Irish league. When I try to expand capacity(we have about 80% average) they reject because there is no need for expansion.
    To get to the point, it would be good, if we could ask board to increase number of seats on stadium,not for league games but for European games.

Amateur

Some special features for orginal game players. Maybe some kind of network which can be enabled by orginal product key. By this network we can play online games easily etc.

Amateur

The main thing I would like to see is generally more precise match view. A lot of the time balls will look over the line etc, certain things apparently aren't where they appear to be. You also can't see how some fouls actually occur and often goalkeepers seem to catch the ball magically when still a whole body length away.

Secondly it would be nice if you could at least offer terms to players that say they aren't interested to try and persuade them, even if they aren't interested in real life you could make crazy wage offers etc. to try change their mind.

I think the game is still lacking a trophy cabinet, either for the club of the manager.

More individual training focuses are needed, there are still some attributes you can't train, I know there are some that aren't trainable in real life, but things such as weak foot use would be a nice option to train.

More tactical control i.e. on and off the ball instructions, and better set piece instructions i.e. the options for corners would be nice to be available on free kicks so you can get someone on the edge of the box watching for the long shot from a short free kick. Also a specific dynamic kind of set piece developement thing would be very good, so you can create clever original set plays including more detailed specific movement for every player involved.

It would be good if somehow the players manager attributes could mirror those of AI managers so you can actually compare yourself to other managers and coaches to see who you best need to hire to assist etc. Also the players manager should be able to get involved with training/coaching like the assistant manager can.

Manager touchline bans etc would be an interesting addition.

Touchline shouts and often substitutions take forever to go into action, even after numerous stops in play.

I keep thinking of things i'd like to see but I cannot remember any others for now.

Amateur

I think it's mad that it greys out interaction options just because you've used them recently, maybe not so much in board interaction because in real life they may tell you they will not listen to such requests, but for players this should not happen, they are paid to play how they are told, in the case of preferred moves you should be able to try a number of them if they don't want to adapt to it until you find one you agree on, and after one has been learnt you should be able to get straight on with another if you want to.

Amateur

I also want to be able to tell players not to dive trying to get free-kicks or penalties because it does it in some of the most stupid situations.

Oh, and I want my assistant to do as he's told, when I choose to holiday an unimportant match, i'll set my team out and tell him to those tactics and that squad, even when there are no injuries or fitness issues the match report talks about players that were not even on the bench!

Amateur

Here my two cents about the two main aspects of the game i would like to see renewed, all in the name of realism (and, I admit, maybe less funny than the actual way thewy are).
    I will do examples token from my actual saved game, in which i'm winning everything with Udinese in the Italian Serie A.

1 - Transfer market (and management interaction related)

The problem here is that maybe i'm Italian and i don't really know how it works in England and other countries. What i know is that here is rare to see a manager choosing the players to buy himself. And the second problem is that, when you win everything like i'm doing, you'll have plenty of cash to spend happily and without consequences. So i'm able to buy ten youngsters a year spending 30 millions euros without consequences. I think that the chairman should ask you WHY you are spending so much money for guys not playing a single match in the season. So here is how I think it should be:
    let's say i'm in the second season, i just won the league and the team finances are healthy. Which is now the pre-season conversation with the boss about targets and budget should be totally revamped,like this:

Chairman: "Great season last year. Congrats for the league title. This year we would like to reach at least the Champions league spot without playing the qualifications. First of all, tell me who from the players we have on the team you still count on and who you don't count on."
    Manager: "Well. I think that Handanovic, Benatia, Zapata, Armero, Asamoah, Isla, Inler, Sanchez and Di Natale are our fundamental players. You can sell other players like Domizzi, Cuadrado, Denis and Pinzi if you get a good offer for them. The other first team players are all useless for me."
    C: "all right, and how many players do you need to achieve the target?"
    M: "I need a starter in right defender position, one left winger and a striker. Plus other players that will come out of the bench."
    C: "Ok, let's see what we can do about it with our budget which will be about 30 milion euros. All the money we get from sellings will be added."

How to do this? Simply setting the player status to fundamental, starter, turnover and so on at the beginning of the season. Status which should not be change during the season. So the AI will recognize the players you aren't willing to sell and the players you want to sell. So, after few days, you get a call from the the chairman.

C:"Hello. Here are some options we have. For the right defender we could buy Santon from FC Inter for about 12 millions, or De Silvestri from Fiorentina for 6.5 millions. Options for the midfielder are Jean II Makoun for 14 millions, Gago for 8 or Cossu from Cagliari for 11. The strikers are Floccari from Lazio at 11, Huntelaar from Schalke at 15, Maxi Lopez from Catania at 13 and Caracciolo from Brescia at 6. Are you interested in anyone of them?"
    M:"Santon and Cossu are good, but I don't want any of the strikers. Please keep searching."

How to do this? Simply as the affiliated team research works. At the beginning you can only indicate the role, when you reach top class you can select the attributes filter like when you reasearch player. The higher your reputation, the higher the number of attributes you can select.

The question is: why to do that? Well, i think it's a nice and realistic way to avoid the easy building of dream teams. Practically I don't want to be able to choose the players myself to buy. But obviously i'm allowed to ask maybe more players that i actually need to the board. Let's say i'm asking for two starter at striker and my chairman buys me vucinic for 16millions and caracciolo for 6millions. Then I don't use Caracciolo, letting him play only two official matches. In this case, at the end of the year my good relation with the board will decrease a little even if I manage to achieve the target because of the waste of money. So my financial attribute will decrease and my chances to select the players i want will decrease too.

So, in few words: Board will buy and sell players for you considering your indications. More reputation you have, more accurate your indications will be.

2 - Tactics (and training settings related)

I like the fact that you can select three different tactics to teach you players, and I think that is really cool that you have to make steps to reach the total "perfection" in using them. But it's the only thing I like about tactics as they are now. The main problem (and it's the bigger problem in the game IMHO) is that you cannot teach your players playing when the other team has the ball. Simple as it is, let's turn back to the old FM when you were able to put your kids on the field, depending on the position of the ball, also when you don't have possession. The fact is that i would like to have the chance to create, for examples, cages for the key player(s) i have to face. And I'm not talking about men marking or something like that. I'm talking about a deeper way to conceive your way of play the game. And i would like to extend my thoughts to the scouting report on the opponents. It's worthless as it's now, and the proof is that i don't even read it and manage to win almost of games anyway. That's because my tactic is too strong and so are my players. And also because the whole tactic system is too simplified, also for the other teams. How to make things better, and how to give a sense to the scouting reports and to the team training? Here it is. First of all, the orders you give to your players should be lot more. If I want Inler to be my playmaker, selecting him for the role isn't enough. I should be able to order to my players (expecially my defs) to pass him the ball, no matter what. And to do that, back again to the old system: i want to put my players on the field depending on where the ball is. If it's in my own box, i would like to place Inler just outside of it in the middle, and then it should be done manually placing him always at the center of the action. I know you can do this using the preset settings, but really that's not enough. There should be 24 areas of the field (they were 12 if memories are correct in an older version of FM), and I want to place all of my players the way i want in that areas, with AND without the ball. I know that this way create a tactic will take a lot of time but hey, it's the main duty you have in the game! And the, in this way you will finally be able to play barcellona style, or at least you can try to recreate it. Or, to do another example, let's say i'm managing a low table team and i have a tall and strong man on striker. My aim is too pass long balls to his head, but why - let's say when your keeper has the ball - i have to make him fight with defenders maybe taller and stronger than him? I want to order him to came back midfield when my keeper has the ball, maybe placing himself on the flanks to exploit fullbacks lack of heading and elevation. And i want to place the other players around him to try and take advantage of the situation. And so, how the scouting report will make finally sense? Because, at the first day after the match, you will get the report on the next team you will face which will say all of these things. Practically speaking, depending on the abilities of my scout, i will see exactly the tactic of my opponents, all the 24 areas of the field, with the ball and off the ball. So i can decide how and if to change my tactic a little considering how the other team (maybe) will play.
    Let's make an example. I'm at Barcelona and let's say that i don't really care how other teams are going to play, i will play my own way without making any adjustment. But then i have to face Real Madrid at their own home. Well, maybe something different should be made. So i get the report from my scout and i notice that Ronaldo plays at AMR, but when the ball is on the left flank in Madrid own midfield he cuts to center of the field, maybe to receive ball and try a solitary run or to make triangle with Marcelo who's at DL and Di Maria who's at AML. In this case i should decide to keep Xavi a little behind to guard the area with Busquets instead of letting him go for a wild pressing. Or i can choose to order Abidal to follow him and maybe ask Puyol to cover the left flank, leaving Pique alone in the center.
    And the Monday before the game, I should be able to choose the tactical training for the upcoming match, asking my players to focus on certain ways of the game, depending on the roles, like maybe ask busquets, keita and mascherano "double the player with the ball on the flank" or "anticipate their midfielders", or ask to villa, bojan, messi and pedro "their fullbacks" or "press their DC" and so on. And, when it's friday, my ass man will come to me saying "busquets has trained well in anticipate the midfielder" and "keita has trained poorly" and "mascherano has trained normally". And then it will be your decision who to select for the starting eleven, maybe keita is in a better physical shape than busquets and mascherano, but you know he may have problem on doing what you asked. And so on, for every season match. I think it's silly not training your team considering the opponents you will face.

Oh yes, and obviously there many other things that should be improved or added to the game, but these two is what I care the most of.

Sorry for this long and boring post, I hope it's readable considering English is not my mother tongue. For any questions, here I am.

cheers

Amateur

ok

my wish list are :

- cross: like to see an option to force my players to cross Low/ Mix/ High balls .. depending on my strikers if they are good on air or not. here is a link with FM users votes: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...ght-suggestion

- players preferred movement channels: both defensively and attacking, i wish if i can tell my players where to be as much as they can, like asking my wingers to move more into central position in the box trying to score goals like CR or nani or Mauloda or to go back defending with the full backs or my winger should defend in a more central area to stop teams who have no wingers and more central players, or asking my CM to help his full back and wingers and add sometiems 3 at one wing if we face someone like messi at right side ..etc. the current system is kind rigid tbh

- pre/post match interviews : less is more, more quality .. less quantity ( to raise player/team moral or confidence or play mind games, sure not asking me about my opinion on new players, or how my team MOM did preformed !! ..etc ) FM should not copy all what happen in those interviews IRL !! we don't have the time for that

- players interaction: to tell them we are behind them if their form is not well or to tell them they will not play next game to preserve his energy ..etc.

- player knowledge (scouting): I like that in CM and FIFAM, and feel is more realistic, as no scout will be able to tell 100% if player who is known as good finisher will have 16 or 19 in finishing, i think managers start to know that day after day as player keep training and playing matches, and this is when player knowledge reach its highest level. so hiding some skills is not enough tbh, as even the main skills which are shown shouldn't be 100% correct
    Last edited by shwan; 03-05-2011 at 18:30.

Semi Pro

It would be nice to be able to search for staff in the same way you can players by using the 'Create player search filter' , so i can click on an assistant manager (example) from another club then in 'Scouting' you can do a 'Create staff search filter'

Would be a lot more user friendly when searching for that right back room member.

I would also like the manager likes/dislikes toned down a bit, i've noticed how you can take control of a team and after 3 games you can have 5 managers disliking you, a bit extreme considering i've only managed 3 official games.
    Last edited by taylorsmen; 04-05-2011 at 22:22. Reason: To add another valid suggestion

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dzajo5 View Post
    This post isn't just about my wish, but also a question.
    I was managing Salthill from Ireland, got them to play in Europe. Although they have capacity of about 3k but only 600 seats. So instead having a full capacity in European matches, we had smaller attendance than in Irish league. When I try to expand capacity(we have about 80% average) they reject because there is no need for expansion.
    To get to the point, it would be good, if we could ask board to increase number of seats on stadium,not for league games but for European games.
    Keep asking for an expansion and they'll install the seats, at least that's what happened to me.

Amateur

Probably been mentioned before but, I would like it if you could ask one of your players to publicly urge a favoured personal of his to join the club.

hey all...

for next year i of fotball manager i wish....to have an option to hide the players atributtes...or change complitly the atributes sistem.
    Just like in real life.Exemple:Striker:i dont want to see his speed in numbers (16) i want to see how fast can he run on 100 meters(11,23 seconds)real facts,if his tall automaticly his a beter header,REAL FACTS...that should be your next big step.....sorry for my english i hope you all understand what im tryng to tell you

Amateur

I would like to see the option to limit search results for players that play in certain position to only those that have that position listed as natural.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by yugo23 View Post
    I would like to see the option to limit search results for players that play in certain position to only those that have that position listed as natural.
    I agree with this

Closed Thread
Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 18 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast