Closed Thread
Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 16 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,600 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Amateur

Convincing players to play for your nation, would come in handy for Australia

Amateur

I would like to see a option to change the ways points are distibuted .

3 points for a win , 2 for a draw , 1 for a loss ? Extra points for a win over 3 goals or extra time etc etc

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by UweFuchs View Post
    im in 2021 and not seen anything yet
    Ah well i was just going by what the podcast was saying.

Amateur

Make the players, grounds and crowds more realistic. In FIFA 2011 the players and grounds are instantly recognisable because a lot of effort has gone into the creation of that part of the game. If I am managing Cristiano Ronaldo, I would like the player to at least resemble him. If I am managing Real Madrid, I would like the ground to at least resemble the Bernabeu.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfin152 View Post
    Make the players, grounds and crowds more realistic. In FIFA 2011 the players and grounds are instantly recognisable because a lot of effort has gone into the creation of that part of the game. If I am managing Cristiano Ronaldo, I would like the player to at least resemble him. If I am managing Real Madrid, I would like the ground to at least resemble the Bernabeu.
    Not asking much, are you?

Amateur

Manuelly assigning different scouts to different matches when you are scouting a competition.

Part-timer
    ]Expecting new pc around 2009 and looking forward to FM 2010

In follow up to my post about learning languages (http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post6371665)

Bilingual Cities

In reality there are quite some cities around where not everyone speaks the same language yet in FM every newgen from that city will speak the same language.

Therefore I propose the possibility in the editor of setting a second language for a city.
    The majority of Newgens from that city then still will have the first language as mother language however a minority will have the second language as mother language.
    In addition in bilingual cities it's quite common to (partly) understand the other language as well as one might have friends/family/colleagues speaking that other language.
    Most of the newgens should therefore have knowledge (or even be fluent) in the other language, logically the speakers of the second language should relatively have a better understanding of the main language then vice versa.

Example:
    Newgens from that town will have a 65% chance that the main language is their mother language, 35% chance that the second language is their mother language.
    If we add the ability to speak another language in we could get:
    65% speaks main fluent; of those 15% have some basic knowledge of second and 10% is truly bilingual and can speak both languages fluent.
    35% speaks second fluent; of those 10% have some basic knowledge of main and 15% is truly bilingual and can speak both languages fluent.

Final effect:
    80% of the generated population speaks the main language fluent with another 10% having a basic knowledge of it. Only 10% start out with no knowledge of the main language.
    45% of the generated population speaks the second language fluent with another 15% having a basic knowledge.

In the case that a football club is located in a bilingual town players coming to that town should learn the main language and not the second language.
    (Maybe an exception for players with very high adaptation stats who could go on to learn a basic knowledge of the second language as well).

Amateur

I agree, this feature would be superb!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by prot651 View Post

3 points for a win , 2 for a draw , 1 for a loss ? Extra points for a win over 3 goals or extra time etc etc
    that's funny

Third Team

What about the chance to send coaches away on courses and training?

Because you cant always have the best coaches available, you should be able to send them away to train up to be better.

Amateur

Hey Guys,

I'm coming into FM 2011 a little late here, and while I consider myself a bit of a CM/FM veteran, I'm still a completely clueless newbie to the REAL workings of footballer wheeling/dealing.

All throughout the game I rely heavily on my Assistant Manager's advice while starting up and really miss not getting any sort of feedback on these agent offers.

Like, sure, I know that my scouts and assistant manager's advise me to sign a hot prospect but then, once in the negotiations, I have nobody there to offer me some feedback as to whether they think this is a reasonable valuation or if the agent is wasting my time with over hyped malarky.

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Giziar View Post
    In follow up to my post about learning languages (http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post6371665)

Bilingual Cities

In reality there are quite some cities around where not everyone speaks the same language yet in FM every newgen from that city will speak the same language.

Therefore I propose the possibility in the editor of setting a second language for a city.
    The majority of Newgens from that city then still will have the first language as mother language however a minority will have the second language as mother language.
    In addition in bilingual cities it's quite common to (partly) understand the other language as well as one might have friends/family/colleagues speaking that other language.
    Most of the newgens should therefore have knowledge (or even be fluent) in the other language, logically the speakers of the second language should relatively have a better understanding of the main language then vice versa.

Example:
    Newgens from that town will have a 65% chance that the main language is their mother language, 35% chance that the second language is their mother language.
    If we add the ability to speak another language in we could get:
    65% speaks main fluent; of those 15% have some basic knowledge of second and 10% is truly bilingual and can speak both languages fluent.
    35% speaks second fluent; of those 10% have some basic knowledge of main and 15% is truly bilingual and can speak both languages fluent.

Final effect:
    80% of the generated population speaks the main language fluent with another 10% having a basic knowledge of it. Only 10% start out with no knowledge of the main language.
    45% of the generated population speaks the second language fluent with another 15% having a basic knowledge.

In the case that a football club is located in a bilingual town players coming to that town should learn the main language and not the second language.
    (Maybe an exception for players with very high adaptation stats who could go on to learn a basic knowledge of the second language as well).
    Go one further. Make it an arbitrary number of languages. Some countries, like Belgium, have lots more languages commonplace.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post

Because you cant always have the best coaches available, you should be able to send them away to train up to be better.
    I think that coaching badges should be in there, so if you place an advert for a job, you can then specify at what level you want applicants (B and above, A and above, etc)

Amateur

I partly agree. Players looking like the real thing is nonsense off course. But the stadiums could be much better. I suggested it before: An pre-(or in-)game stadium editor. The building blocks are all there in the game allready. Let enthousiasts and modders build the stadiums from these blocks to make them look like the real thing. Not a lot of work for SI to make the stadiums editable I would guess.

The only stand type I really miss in the game is the 'no stand'-type. Just grass with a little fence and some advertisement boarding. A common stand-type in lower league. Other additions could be curved stands (like you see in italy and eastern europe) or grounds with an athletics track around them (seen a lot in scandinavia). Maybe a step too far though.
    An other nice addition, and probably not so hard to accomplish: to be able to change the colours of the seats to write "SPURS", "LUFC" or "HAWAY THE LADS" or something like that.

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

If you put real stadia in there, they need to be licensed, and that costs money.

Stadium editors would be brilliant, of course, especially in-game ones.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Walds View Post
    I think that coaching badges should be in there, so if you place an advert for a job, you can then specify at what level you want applicants (B and above, A and above, etc)
    Coaching badges would be a good idea. Instead of any old player just walking into a coaching job, you could perhaps suggest that a player thinks about taking his badges for a future role. If they don't then they wouldn't be allowed to be offered the job.

Youth Team

Only thing that would get me to buy the game again would be if player development was not as predetermined and based on actual performance more than a hidden capped potential.

Amateur

I would love to see or have reported to me on a weekly or monthly basis (it should be your choice) a report on how well the whole team are training not just the top three best and worst trainee's of the month.

They could (as they do now) have what they have trained well in over the month (e.g. aerobic, strength, etc.) and then it could also mention there attitude in the training sessions (e.g. lazy, cocky, bored, distant,enjoying his football at the club (ultimately he's happy), etc.)

So for example you could have:

Andy Carroll has made improvements on his jumping this week and is enjoying his football at the club.

or

Xisco has decreased in his finishing and looks distant in training, I think he may be looking to move on.

What do you guys think of the idea, I know its not perfect but it would be a nice addition and will help you pick a team for the weekend, because lets face it a player can have a great game one week and a poor one the next.

Semi Pro

A few easy and logical additions to the player interaction:

Example 1:
    Player 'x' is unhappy about your dealing with a transfer

Additional replies:
    'We don't need the money, but we need you'
    'The offer was good, but not the right value - I value you much more'
    'You are vital to the team. You aren't going anywhere'
    'You will be going as soon as we get a good enough offer for you'
    'In the future, you will be getting first team game. I'll let you out on loan though'

Example 2:
    Player 'y' is unhappy about his contract:
    'Prove yourself on the pitch - show me what you've got' - followed by the option to say 'its not quite good enough, step it up' or 'Congratulations: You've been excellent, here is your new contract. Keep it up.'
    'Unfortunately, we will break our wage structure. However, we do appreciate your concerns, and would be glad to offer an extension'
    'We cannot do that, it will break our wage structure'
    'You are vital to our team - as a result we will be glad to offer you a new, improved contract'

All of these are far more complimentary, less conflictory, as a real manager would do.

Amateur

An extension to the notes system that allows a separate one line of text note for each player. Any time the cusor is hovered over a player's name, it will display this note in a popup box.

Extremely handy way to remember quick info you might have noted about a player previously.

Amateur

I think we should be able to talk to our staff too. For example telling a coach who doesn't want to extend his contract "I need you" or telling asistant manager not to loose his temper in press conferences.

And it would be good if players talk more. They (especially captains) can comment on big games (not just in the end of the season) and maybe we can choose a player to join to a press conference beside us.

Part-timer

Stadium Requirements

There are quite some leagues in the world with stadium requirements and it would be nice (not to mention realistic) if FM incorporates this once again.
    A few versions ago this was already incorporated but abolished due to people complaining that they couldn't get promoted with club X.
    However this leads to the situation that players with small clubs end up with tiny stadiums in the Championship / EPL and crippling them financially and sportively.

Therefore I propose the following compromise between the "non implementation of stadium requirements" / "not possible to get promoted" possibilities.

If a club has money enough:
    - Automatically expand the current stadium / build a new stadium

If a club doesn't have money for a new stadium and/or is not able to expand its current stadium, give the manager the option between the following 1):
    - Expand the stadium / build a new stadium anyway and take the financial consequences
    - Share the ground with another club nearby who's ground does meet the stadium requirements. When the club has accumulated enough money then build the new stadium/expand the current stadium.
    Alternatively, when the club gets relegated again, move back to the old stadium
    - Refrain from getting promoted.

Note:
    1) It might not be the ultimate realistic thing to give this decision to the manager but for game-enjoying purposes it is the best and anyone can decide what's best and/or most realistic for his playing style.

Third Team

Adding to that, I'd wish for an option to move to a bigger stadium for certain games (cupgames, derby games, etc.)

Amateur

I'd like the SI to do a full reassessment of all the default view panels.
    Which columns should show where and what views should/could be combined.
    Goes for those widgets in the match full view as well.

Amateur

i think its been very well documented by all of us here and even our friends that play the game, the player/club/board interaction was a great step forward, but it has a long way to go before we are completely satisfied.
    in addition, i would love to see a player interaction or a manager interaction being less than kind so to speak about the last match or next match or something like that.
    example being, my man utd side beating man city on the first game of the season, i want to tell mancini he is a joke of a manager with no idea how to manage in England if his team play that style of football - any one else think that in real life?? haha

apart from that, im very happy with the game! awesome! bring on 2012

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UweFuchs View Post
    Probably been mentioned before but I would like to random events such as players getting into trouble with the law, car crashes etc. It obviously could not happen too often but in todays game these things do pop up occasionaly
    There are lot's of legal issues with that, and therefore will never happen. It's technically libelous. Not that i wouldn't like to see that in my game.

Banned

Seeing as that is your first post, i will presume you are trolling

I agree about the stadiums, but it is not viable. I think a better way of doing it is to categorise stadiums. So top tier stadium like Nou Camp, or the Bernabau have their own model, White Hart Lane and Stamford Bridge have a different model, and so on, and then personalise the stadiums somehow to suggest what club they are at. Some extra work, but i think that is more viable than individualising each and every stadia. I know the game does this to a degree, but if it could fine tuned so that we really see a difference between top stadiums and average ones. The lower league ones are fine imo.

Stadium Requirements

There are quite some leagues in the world with stadium requirements and it would be nice (not to mention realistic) if FM incorporates this once again.
    A few versions ago this was already incorporated but abolished due to people complaining that they couldn't get promoted with club X.
    However this leads to the situation that players with small clubs end up with tiny stadiums in the Championship / EPL and crippling them financially and sportively.

Therefore I propose the following compromise between the "non implementation of stadium requirements" / "not possible to get promoted" possibilities.

If a club has money enough:
    - Automatically expand the current stadium / build a new stadium

If a club doesn't have money for a new stadium and/or is not able to expand its current stadium, give the manager the option between the following 1):
    - Expand the stadium / build a new stadium anyway and take the financial consequences
    - Share the ground with another club nearby who's ground does meet the stadium requirements. When the club has accumulated enough money then build the new stadium/expand the current stadium.
    Alternatively, when the club gets relegated again, move back to the old stadium
    - Refrain from getting promoted.

Note:
    1) It might not be the ultimate realistic thing to give this decision to the manager but for game-enjoying purposes it is the best and anyone can decide what's best and/or most realistic for his playing style.
    This. For a game that prides itself on being a realistic simulation of football (and does a great job of it in most respects!) I always found it baffling that SI would give in to the complainers when they stand firm on so many other things for the sake of being realistic. We don't have difficulty levels, or no sacking options available, so let's have league ground requirements observed, please.

In terms of the overall idea, I would say that the club's board should choose between the options. As it is now, though, regardless of who chooses, there aren't enough options for clubs that get promoted and stay in their cruddy little 1400 capacity ground. Ground share or renting a facility should be the choice for clubs who can't afford a new facility, or whose boards are unwilling to take on massive debt. Definitely a must have for the next version

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post

I like that idea Deisler26. Would love that in the game.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hook View Post
    This. For a game that prides itself on being a realistic simulation of football (and does a great job of it in most respects!) I always found it baffling that SI would give in to the complainers when they stand firm on so many other things for the sake of being realistic. We don't have difficulty levels, or no sacking options available, so let's have league ground requirements observed, please.

In terms of the overall idea, I would say that the club's board should choose between the options. As it is now, though, regardless of who chooses, there aren't enough options for clubs that get promoted and stay in their cruddy little 1400 capacity ground. Ground share or renting a facility should be the choice for clubs who can't afford a new facility, or whose boards are unwilling to take on massive debt. Definitely a must have for the next version
    I like the idea of asking for the groundshare (Although that will be more rare if there's the rival nearby but nonetheless, a good idea!)

Part-Timer

i would love to see February future patches with winter transfers appear as window transfer in the game.

Amateur

Dunno if this has been said or not, but no way I'm trawling through 66 pages to look for this.

I know the regional divisions for england has been suggested, but how about going further with the other countries too.

Amateur

international finance ........manager and coach getting paid !! get into the world cup or EURO's and the your FA gets Lots of money

and also would like to see the january transfers in patch 3 update to go through in january not at the start of the game !!!!

thanks
    Last edited by filcom101; 04-02-2011 at 02:35.

Amateur

i did a few threads about the international part of FM and just looking at what happening in real life the last 2 seasons......

at the end of 2008-09 and this season ireland have held an end of season training camp where members from the 1st team, B team, U-23 team and U-21 team had a 7 day training camp and 2 practice games which resulted in a lot of young and fringe players getting picked in the matches against Paraguay and Algeria......

so maybe its time to put something like this in the game.......if you don't get into a major summer tournament you get a traning camp where you can call up as many players as you wish (not just 26 players) and still play 2 or 3 international friendly games.

currently if you don't get into WC or EC it really is barren. you play 1 game and thats it .......its not realistic ...

and if you qualified for WC or EC then instead of playing 1game and picking your 23man team 7 days before a your first game.

Why not have a training camp in another country and play 2 or 3 games where you get feed back on who might sneak into the final squad....just like in real life......i dont wont to end on a sour note but i dont know why this sort of thing isn't in the game yet....its like the international part FM2008 was the best ......but SI hasn't really improved it in 3 years now

Lurker

Hi All,
    This is my first post on this site, so please be gentle.

I've played CM since its beginning in the '90s I think, and watched it evolve into FM 2011. It seems that a lot of effort has gone into the match engine, to the detriment of other long standing issues.
    For instance :- In almost every version I've played since the start, Brighton still change shirt colour when playing at HOME to Gillingham (?) and vice versa.
    Neither Man City nor Coventry change when playing against other teams in blue.
    These faults have been around for years and during that time I've noticed other shirt changing issues but can't remember them now.

It's also about time a decent 'saved game editor' was made available, so we could all change our teams away shirt colours every season, as they do in the real world.
    Regards
    Alan
    Last edited by Aland5545; 04-02-2011 at 14:15.

*bah never mind*
    Last edited by Dr. Hook; 04-02-2011 at 22:50. Reason: Feature exists already, the things you learn by poking around FM!

Third Team

Pretty pointless, but I wish you could add favourite teams to yourself after a certain amount of time with the club. I've been Manager of Tonbridge for 10 Seasons and now want them as one of my fav clubs.

Amateur

What I would like to see in FM12?

- Training Camps

In the january pause, wherever there is one and in the preseason teams should be able to go to into training camps. There would be different options for where to go with different benefits:
    Type 1 : - Big Boost to Match fitness
    - Bigger Training Score for Physical Training

Type 2 : - Boost in Technical Training Scores
    - Boost in morale.
    Type 3 : - Boost in Match Preparation Tactics
    Type 4 : - A little boost in every section

- More detailed manager contracts

Not everywhere in the world every manager has full control on the team. This should be specified in the contracts wether the manager gets or not full control. There are alot of clubs that do the transfers for the manager ( both selling and buying ) and so on. I think this should be reflected in FM as a negociable option in the manager's contract.

- More features for the Youth System

Be able to invest on certain zones in the world and bring youngsters from there.

- New Training Module

The training module currently does not reflect reality nor does it matter enough.

We should be able to choose how many trainings we want to do each day and what the scope of those training times would be. Also the training should have some sort of effect similar to Match Preparation when going into match, not just attribute wise.

- More control over finances and club structure

Be able to modify ticket prices, build infrastructure, more control on merchandise, etc.

Your last point on training was how it was once, it went away after FM05- you set up daily regimen with different type of exercises like shadow play, piggy in the middle, etc. IIRC there was a lot of complaints about it (I didn't care for it so much either, was a lot of work to set up and tweak and the feedback on what it did was pretty nonexistent), so it moved in the direction it now is with the sliders and focus areas.

Amateur

Wich is neither realist nor complex enough.

I think FM should aim for something close to real life

You're right, as it is now, it is abstracted - the sliders and training categories assume the relevant training exercises are happening to develop each skill. I wouldn't mind seeing a compromise of sorts- something philosophically like the tactics creator where you can use it, or use the classic clicks and notches system, or even a bit of both. Training is one of those where I think some would like to micro-control you are suggesting, while others prefer something abstract and easy to use. Maybe a training wizard?

Amateur

I'd like to see scheduling friendly tours have more impact and effect of the reputation of the club in that particular nation etc. Many of the big clubs go on tours of America or Asia to build up their profiles with future profits in mind.

Apart from that, the option to buy the player but immediately loan him back to his club till a later date. I think this can be done by setting the date at the end of the season but don't think it'd be too difficult to implement this as it happens a lot in real life

Amateur

would love to see Japanese League football in fm2012, think it's the most successful league games in Asia, so they proved themselves in the WC2010

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Lexis View Post
    - More control over finances and club structure

Be able to modify ticket prices, build infrastructure, more control on merchandise, etc.
    Your other ideas were sound enough, but this one I don't agree with. Real-life managers have no involvement with these things, so why should a FM manager?

As far as infrastructure goes, you can already request that your board improve training or youth facilities, or even a new stadium. Beyond that I don't see what else you could do.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by prot651 View Post

Yes I agree - after all, we all want realism.. and that would make the game much more realistic... Ya doughnut!

Amateur

Voice Commentary, pls
    A Chinese guy has done this into FM2011
    Below is the video:
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQwODE3NDc2.html

So there is no technic problem

Open \Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\events\match_sounds.cfg

You will know that mix the voice commentary and sound files(\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\sounds\default), you will easliy get voice commentary in the game

You can record voice commentary yourself, or capture them from TV LIVE/RECORD

Amateur

I want clubs to actually buy my players.

Amateur

I have for years missed something in the game, which I cannot understand has been left out.
    I'd like SI to implement more statistics for the teams and leagues, for example best scorers all time.
    When watching a game on TV it is fairly common that they talk about a player who is reaching this or that place on an all-time list.
    As of today, we can only see who is the number one scorer and who has the most appearences for a club.
    I'd like to know who's third, and seventh as well.
    Not to mention who is the all-time scorer or "assister" of a league, PL for example.
    You could also extend this and I know for sure it would be fun for me to see a list of "most caps for England" or such.

All of this is easily found on the web today, so why not put it into the game?
    It is in any case already being tracked today, since the record for most goals and appearences can be broken.
    It's just not visible.

Please SI, take it into consideration, I believe many people would appreciate such a "small" detail.

Amateur

Tactics should include a thing that hasn't been present since CM 4; off the ball and with the ball screens where you could move your players in to positions depending where the ball is and whether is it in your team's control or not. Would add really much variations into the tactical side of the game.

Amateur

Default Real life stadiums

STADIUMS!!!!!!

Bernabeu
    San Siro
    Camp Nou

etc

or an open platform for the users to add their own

Amateur

Give us Real life stadium to enoy our game. This will add so much to the realism

Amateur

You should be able to set up little academy's around the world so once the young ones join you can pick the best and take them into your squad be it reserves or under 18's and also training camps for pre season as someone mentioned before would be nice to take them somewhere hot where they would enjoy the sun the and the football or somewhere a bit rough like the Alps where they would have to train harder thus preparing them for the season and so on....

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
    Tactics should include a thing that hasn't been present since CM 4; off the ball and with the ball screens where you could move your players in to positions depending where the ball is and whether is it in your team's control or not. Would add really much variations into the tactical side of the game.
    i agree with this.
    perhaps an easier way to make successful tactics???

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dibbers View Post
    i agree with this.
    perhaps an easier way to make successful tactics???
    What the? It already is easy to make succesful tactics. I've played Cahill as Trequartista even though he has 9 creativity and he still scores plenty. So even though players have some weaknesses, they still play well if you have the right roles for them.

What has annoyed me for several years is that defensive midfielders like Essien and Parker don't perform. Essien always plays with rating like 6,8 if he doesn't get assists or if we don't win big. Defensive midfielders IRL are often the most important players for their teams, so they should have bigger role in FM's match engine also.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Luton Town! View Post
    Being able to see how many fans you take away from home (away attendance).
    Just noticed that it mentioned around how many away fans will be travelling on FM11, been asking for something like this for ages.

Been playing FM11 for a while and i've only just noticed it now.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
    Its already in the game.

Positional setup on the tactics screen is "without ball" while the instructions you give are "with ball"

It was taken out for a reason. No player runs aimlessly between two positions once the match kicks off, he makes runs dependent on whats going on around him.

Amateur

id like to be able to comment on bad tackles after games!!!

im chelsea playing Liverpool away and winning 3-0 ...Easy! then in the 88min Gerrard CRACKS into my player of the season Essien with 2 feet !
    .....after the game i find out that Essi is out for...... 10-12 months !!!! with cruciate ligaments !! NOOOOO

and i cant say BOO to Gerrard !!! in real life i would rip him a new one on national TV !!!!

in the end Garrard got 4 game ban !!! and not a bad word said .........

Amateur

any one play with stadium builder in PES 2011....amazing adds so much ....... have a web page with different stands to download......

Part-Timer

just please try to release with less bugs compared to previous release, instead of more like now.
    And also, if still buggy, please give us xx.4 or xx.5 or xx.9 until it is playable.
    Have pity on us....

Amateur

Player development should not be restricted to "potential ability", his match performances should be able to influence it a lot.
    Eg. In FM10, Diego Milito had a finishing of 15(or 16, not sure) which is not something amazing and no matter how many he scores, it wont change; but they changed it to 19 in FM11! This should be made possible due to performances.

Also, no player loses his game (in this case, stats) early like Michael Owen or Adriano (Torres seems to be heading that way going by this season) did. A good player remains good forever and an average player remains average throughout, without any chance of late blooming.

Amateur

Bidding wars. The hot topic at the moment in FM2011 is that the transfer system is flawed because you can't get value in selling players at all. I wholeheartedly agree. I would like to refer anyone who argues that the transfer system ISNT flawed to a supply and demand curve.

Example:
    - I have a player worth £5million, I offer him out for £7.5million and I get (for example) 8 offers. 8 identical offers of £5million. Now if there was one buyer, they would have the power over me as I would have to decide either not to sell him or accept this measly bid. If I have two bids, I can ask one club to outbid the other club. The 'value' inflates slightly, however there's still a good chance one club will be unwilling and the market will drop down to one buyer. That being said, if one club is even slightly willing, the value goes up to £5.5million. If I have EIGHT bids, then the world is my auction house. I should have teams vying for the signature of the player (maybe much like the contract negotiations we've got going with agents etc?) and the value inflates further. Supply and Demand. 8 bids, eventually the teams with the top spending power settle and I maybe get 3 bids of around £8-9million instead of this strange cartel of £5million across the board. Someone at SI Towers should read up about the transfer market and economic theory...

Another thing has to be the conscious ambition and the will to succeed per club. Why do teams fall down the rankings without a whimper? Starting season 4. Man Utd have finished 5th and sold Vidic, Ferdinand, Rooney, Nani and Berbatov. They have replaced them with some astonishingly mediocre players. Now in real life, if Man Utd finished 5th, three would be an UPROAR. (I'm not a Man Utd fan but I accept they are a huge club). There would be a huge amount of indignance from the fans, they would demand the managers head and some serious investment in bringing back winning ways. Real life examples: Real Madrid splashing £200million to try and wrench the title back from Barcelona. Celtic buying about 30 players in the last 2 seasons to try to become dominant in the SPL again. Instead, we have this alarming acceptance from clubs who fall from grace. Finally, let's not pretend that these clubs dont have the resources to fight back - I "added manager" to check the books. £200million in the bank, £100million transfer budget. No signings. This makes the game completely uncompetitive - once you reach the top with a smaller club, there are no concerted efforts to dethrone you. Unchallenged dominance awaits.

Last point. Should there be a Signing-on Fee budget? The one thing stopping me from signing Tevez, Rooney, Fabregas etc is that I can't afford the exorbitant up-front fees due to board limitations, while easily affording their weekly wage demands. I'd like a bit of flexibility here and the ability to allocate more cash to this...
    Last edited by Popider; 11-02-2011 at 12:10.

Part-timer

Minority / Immigrant Clubs

There are quite a few minority / immigrants clubs around in the footballing world. Not always right away playable in FM but a they can be promoted to playable leagues or are playing in leagues that can be added to FM thanks to the editor these days.

A few of those clubs are:
    Türkiyemspor Berlin (4th tier Germany, Turkish minority)
    SV Türkspor Bremen (5th tier Germany, Turkish minority)
    Berlin AK 07 (5th tier Germany, Turkish minority)
    FC RM Hamm Benfica (1st tier Luxembourg, Portuguese minority)
    Lusitanos (1st tier Andorra, Portuguese minority)
    FC Chabab (4th tier Holland, Moroccan minority)

As so far they are in the database, they are represented with the current real life (mostly double nationality) players and staff. However when newgens start appearing the club will lose it's minority character as only very rarely a double nationality player pops up.

So I propose that in the club info field in the database a field is implemented where you can insert the country where the players originate from.

For generating newgens at clubs who do have the minority/immigrant trait set the following could be used:
    25% of all newgens will be double nationality local/minority (born in the country of the club but out of immigrant parents and therefore double nationality)
    25% of all newgens will be double nationality minority/local (born in country of origin but moved to the country of the club at young age and therefore gained double nationality)
    25% of all newgens will be of the foreign nationality (born in the country of origin and only recently moved, should be listed that he's at least something like 365 days in the country of the club)
    25% of all newgens will be of local nationality (born in the neighbourhood and therefore joining the club)

One can imagine that if a minority/immigrant club climbs upon the league pyramid they start to attract more and more players of the country where the club is located due to the rise in local reputation.
    Therefore the percentages could be amended for a club playing in first tier to something like 30%/15%/10%/45% respectively.

Amateur

I'd like to see Footy Manager 2012 to have some sort of intergration with Windows Media or iTunes so I could easily have my tunes playing through it while playing the game. Even the ability to use your music library in a smiliar way to what FIFA have done this year with music of your choice playing for goals.

Amateur

Simples. Better media integration. As it stands I just check the same response each time I get asked the same tired old questions. 5 Options is not enough!
    Better coach involvement. As mentioned before the ability to send coaches away for badges.
    Better graphic design. Stadiums are poor and all look the same in each catergory. Players movements are jerky. Goal celebrations are dismal.

Amateur

Dear Jim, please can I have the following;

1 - A better manager CV, so at a glance I can see all the teams that I have managed, what competitions I won and what year I achieved this (very cosmetic I know but good for the ego)
    2 - A 3D globe that I can spin and select a country to send my scout off to (Again very cosmetic, but I do feel that a few more visual aids are required in a very stat heavy game)
    3 - I find training very boring and leave it up to the Ass Man to sort - needs to be more interesting and again perhaps more visual
    4 - As all managers have to earn coaching and manager badges these days, perhaps courses that you have to go on to get these - could be represented by a fun short multiple choice footballing quiz.
    5 - A proper set piece creator, where you can move the players around the training ground and try and create the perfect freekick - could lead to some really insteresting and funny attempts. (community share these as well as upload to you tube)
    6 - J-League - But I know this is down to licensing
    7 - More lower leagues for the English pyramid system out of the box, every time I have used the editor or downloaded an edited file it eventually corupts and I have to start again.
    8 - Manager and media relationships so certain media personal like you or hate you and the questions from them are reflected in this as well as how they interprete your answers.

5 -

Amateur

Off the top of my head, the feature I'd most desire at the moment is a proper 3D match engine. In a day and age where the next generation of consoles is going to be upon us within the next few years and computers are growing stronger by the day, FM still has a 3D engine which was antiquated when it first game out. This would include things like integrating FaceGen with the match engine, highly improved animations, vastly better texturing, high-poly 3D player modelling, the ability to freely move the camera around, as well as automated closeup cameras and other technical aspects along those lines. Some might argue that this is a managing game and not an interactive one, but it's hard to revel in the brilliance of a goal when it's scored by a disingenuous low-poly player and you're seeing it from however many metres away. I'd also argue that FM's current view of the pitch is incredibly unrealistic, even if it is catering towards playability - a highly improved match engine would allow the addition of a pitch side view i.e. where managers actually stand in real life. (There was one really good point I had to make here but I can't remember it for the life of me) Ah yes, now I remember. Other games where you actually play football have in my opinion a disadvantage as far as 3D engines are concerned. They have to be realistic, but not realistic to the point where players cannot enjoy the game. Players do not move naturally at all in these games, running in straight lines everywhere. With a proper 3D engine, FM isn't inhibited in these regards - SI can make the engine as realistic as it can, because it doesn't need to be fun to play in.

It's pretty apparent to me that, other than the addition of stupid amounts of depth that very few will be willing to plumb, FM is reaching a sort of conclusion in its path to total management simulation. Other than perfecting existing systems (in which admittedly, a lot is left to be desired), there is very little else (apart from a much improved 3D engine) that FM has to do in regards to being a management sim. One thing I'd like to see on the side, personally, is total editor control i.e. disassociation between in-game code and competitions, countries, etc. This means that the World Cup no longer has to exist, nor does there have to be a specific number of countries, or continents (this is sort of harking back to the old days, when you could change countries and continents, but not competitions - a step back has been taken in that regard).

FM currently operates rather like a sandbox game - there are no goals or aims you can set for yourself. This aspect of the game could be improved immensely; for example, there could be legacy databases, where your objective is to say, replicate England's 1966 World Cup win. Talking of legacies, I'd like the option to keep the data of retired players after they retire - it's not as if hard drives nowadays aren't big enough to store those records.
    Last edited by Randdalf0; 13-02-2011 at 00:54.

Amateur

Whilst I can't openly admit to trawling through this entire thread to check whether my idea has previously been suggested, a quick glance has shown no results so far. If, however, it does transpire somewhere between pages 1-5 and 63 onwards a similar post has been made, I will apologise before the Forum Police come and bust my 'ignorant behind'. My idea, one which I have thought of previously but never felt the real desire to think about seriously, is one that concerns online interaction between pre-existing data save squads.

Following on from the already established idea of Football Manager Live, and without considering too heavily whether the interaction is truly possible, the idea of a database squad taking on another squad seems very challenging and perhaps rewarding for those stuck in the doldrums of post 2020 management. The idea is relatively simple. Export your squad that you currently have (say, your treble winning, all-conquering Wigan Athletic squad from 2017) from your save and begin to participate in a global (perhaps national to keep the scale more appropriate) cup tournament.

Using the idea of a server that other players can connect to, as in FML, the two squads could then do battle to decide whom has created the better offline team. There would, of course, be the occasional cross-over in player, but I don't think that would detract too far away from the realism required for such an event to take place. Whilst I can see that this idea is not totally perfect, and there are perhaps issues with those who would seek to gain an advantage from editing their own database so that a 200 PA squad from some quaint part of Bolivia emerge as almost unstoppable, I think there is a basis of a potentially good idea.

I, personally, would like nothing more than the chance to prove that the team I have constructed for many hours in an offline game could be tested against other managers of the same, greater, or lesser ability. I have from experience found that once your team has reached a certain level, and you have been subsequently adorned the 'Best Manager of All Time' by the Hall of Fame rankings, direction for the would be manager can be lacking. This idea of a new level of competition waiting would certainly whet my appetite.

The system could work by allowing only non-edited database squad lists from being exported. Whether SI, or some other computer clued-up genius, has the know-how to allow different squads lists to be entered in the same server (PC skills are rather lacking so don't know whether I am under or over estimating the complexity) is a different issue, and one I imagine someone will have the grace to inform me about.

The tournaments could then run on a ranking point system, similar to those found in Electronic Arts titles such as FIFA and NHL, whereby wins of certain goal differences are rewarded with more points, and the winning of a match in the later rounds of a cup are worthy of more points than ones in the earlier rounds. Whilst I can see that is feasible that a team could enter such a tournament and be knocked out, thus having seemingly wasted their opportunity in global glory, there could perhaps be a Consolidation Cup to allow them another chance at world status.

A perhaps further idea, to extend the interaction of this gameplay, would be to make mini-leagues or perhaps a 'Friendly' option. This would allow the bragging rights between friends to be finally settled. Terms such as "My Bolton side from 2017 would batter your 2014 Barcelona". "You're chatting codswallop" would be a thing of the past. This certainly would open up a more global interaction between existing Football Manager players, and capping the amounts of Friendlies that can be played in a day could allow for less overloading of any server issues. Indeed, Friendlies could perhaps be played using the existing Network setting within the FM series, and thus not cause an issue compared to 'competitive' games.

A few nice touches that could be added to the idea could be that of spectators being able to view tournament matches, if they so wish, and global leaderboards being posted through the SI Forums. Could there be no greater claim that to say that you are 'The Best Football Manager player in the world' or indeed state that you have 'Completed the game' (See The Inbetweeeners: Jay, for reference). Another could be the allowance of previous SI titles, perhaps stopping at around FM06 (where my first real successful long save came into fruition, coincidentally) into the said player v player gaming, but whether this would cause further interaction problems I am not sure.

The one and perhaps dooming problem I see with this suggestion is how SI can drive any sort of commercial profit from the idea. Whilst it may seem to be appealing to existing users, they are more than likely going to purchase any further title produced in the Football Manager series. I, indeed, would feel incomplete if there were to be a gap on my shelf between CM Italia and FM 11. However, the claim of 'challenge your friends and the world in online matches' does have a nice ring to it. I very much doubt that SI would allow for betting to take place on the games, so whether or not there is any feasibility to charging to entrance I am not aware.

Although, they could perhaps make a small charge for the allowance of said online interaction games, in order to cover the cost of the server space. I hope this idea makes some sort of sense, as I can openly admit to it being posted whilst I am not in 100% mental fitness. I apologise for any typos therein, but as previously mentioned, my mind isn't working at it's usual best at 4am in the morning. I would appreciate some feedback to this idea, so I don't feel like a completely deranged loon who has gone off on some wild tangent in a suggestion forum.

Part-Timer

get rid of "Past Experience : AUTOMATIC"

change it to something else.

Amateur

for when the patch comes out each january, it gives you the option of having the results/league positions up to the release of the patch, i realise this could have problems with fixture licences but you could have the same results and fixtures just in a different order to those in real life.

Amateur

Stoppeh,

I'm always loathe to stick things on the wishlist because no one really discusses ideas, most people (and can you blame them?) just flick to the bottom to whack in their ideas.

That being said, your "export squad" idea is fan-bloody-tastic. I'd love to take a squad of 25 to play some kind of competition. As I said about a dozen posts north of yours, once you're at the top there is no-one to dethrone you and it very quickly gets one dimensional. I've won the league thrice in a row now, why do I need to work on my squad? This would be brilliant.

Amateur

I would like to see some sort of quick start feature which lets you take the role of a past great manger, for example be brian clough and take derby from the 2nd division to the 1st division title, using the players of the time. It may not be for everyone but it could add a fun, extra game type when you're a little bored of normal fm

Amateur

I agree, quality idea Stoppeh. And, if you don't want to manage it yourself or you can't, you could let your manager take control, and using your attributes (and history) you've built up it will do certain things on your behalf. That would add a lot more to the attributes feature, in my opinion, which seems to me almost as if it's just cosmetic.

And a commercial interest should be available. As you said, selling point, perhaps charging for uploading (although that won't go down well), and surely advertising? There'll be loads of room around the leader-boards and stuff, and you're bringing it onto the internet so it's more viewable - surely they could get more advertisers or more money from existing advertisers?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Nik_Dut View Post
    get rid of "Past Experience : AUTOMATIC"

change it to something else.

What do you suggest?

and do you even know what it does?

Amateur

Let's say I get this player for free in january when his contracts end in june, then I will get him for free in June. Ok good. But I would love if I could talk with the other club for a transfer right now in january AFTER that the player accepted my offer. The release fee should not be high as it would be before, becouse he already has signed for my club. I hope you understand what I am talking about.

Amateur

I would like to see a diffcult mode easy mode to legendary manager mode some would say take over a lower league team to easy and high league team for hard in this case it's wrong cause it should be any team despite low or high. This diffcult mode shouldnt take away the realism of the game but to make this game more suitable for people out there that have problem winning the game and people who find this game fair to easy, it would balance it for all people.

Another future idea would be feature on/off ingame for example to turn off agent's,new's etc this would return the game to those old day's of just click click match and for those who like the realism of the game to keep the feature on.

This next idea has been said or done in past am not sure, but it would be brillant to have a live voice commentary in match mode.

Amateur

A feature I would like to add:

when loaning a player from club, at the end of the loan period you can report back to the parent clubs manager, with how the player has got on.
    1, the player showed great promise and played well would love to have him back next season.
    2, think this move has come a bit early for him, next season may be better for him
    3, the player hasn't trained well and his attitude disappointed us

There are many different responses you could have for different players and loans e.g young player getting first team experience, a player recovering from a serious injury, a player in need of first team action....
    Be a good feature will improve manager interaction and would reflect real life.
    Last edited by edwall; 14-02-2011 at 11:37.

Semi Pro

An extremely simple one.

Passes made by a team for team stats. You can see it on the club information screen but I'd like them to be added to the team actual team stats for the league.

Also, player stats, how many passes made....there is pass completion but I'd love to see how many actual passes players are making because that helps just as much as passing percentage. Someone's passing completion is 82% but they've attempted 1600 passes, where as someone else has 88% pass completion but only attempted 800, then I think the first one is better but I don't think there is really a way to find out how many attempted passes and completed passes players have.

Same goes with actual tackles made maybe even chances created for certain players, especially important in wide men and wingers. Some players might have 5 less assists, simply because the chances they create are being missed.

So just a few things, nothing serious.

Amateur

Minority / Immigrant Clubs

There are quite a few minority / immigrants clubs around in the footballing world. Not always right away playable in FM but a they can be promoted to playable leagues or are playing in leagues that can be added to FM thanks to the editor these days.

A few of those clubs are:
    Türkiyemspor Berlin (4th tier Germany, Turkish minority)
    SV Türkspor Bremen (5th tier Germany, Turkish minority)
    Berlin AK 07 (5th tier Germany, Turkish minority)
    FC RM Hamm Benfica (1st tier Luxembourg, Portuguese minority)
    Lusitanos (1st tier Andorra, Portuguese minority)
    FC Chabab (4th tier Holland, Moroccan minority)

As so far they are in the database, they are represented with the current real life (mostly double nationality) players and staff. However when newgens start appearing the club will lose it's minority character as only very rarely a double nationality player pops up.

So I propose that in the club info field in the database a field is implemented where you can insert the country where the players originate from.

For generating newgens at clubs who do have the minority/immigrant trait set the following could be used:
    25% of all newgens will be double nationality local/minority (born in the country of the club but out of immigrant parents and therefore double nationality)
    25% of all newgens will be double nationality minority/local (born in country of origin but moved to the country of the club at young age and therefore gained double nationality)
    25% of all newgens will be of the foreign nationality (born in the country of origin and only recently moved, should be listed that he's at least something like 365 days in the country of the club)
    25% of all newgens will be of local nationality (born in the neighbourhood and therefore joining the club)

One can imagine that if a minority/immigrant club climbs upon the league pyramid they start to attract more and more players of the country where the club is located due to the rise in local reputation.
    Therefore the percentages could be amended for a club playing in first tier to something like 30%/15%/10%/45% respectively.
    Lusitanos already create portuguese regens. The other ones need sorting though.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ashbag View Post
    I agree, quality idea Stoppeh. And, if you don't want to manage it yourself or you can't, you could let your manager take control, and using your attributes (and history) you've built up it will do certain things on your behalf. That would add a lot more to the attributes feature, in my opinion, which seems to me almost as if it's just cosmetic.

And a commercial interest should be available. As you said, selling point, perhaps charging for uploading (although that won't go down well), and surely advertising? There'll be loads of room around the leader-boards and stuff, and you're bringing it onto the internet so it's more viewable - surely they could get more advertisers or more money from existing advertisers?
    Stoppeh,

I'm always loathe to stick things on the wishlist because no one really discusses ideas, most people (and can you blame them?) just flick to the bottom to whack in their ideas.

That being said, your "export squad" idea is fan-bloody-tastic. I'd love to take a squad of 25 to play some kind of competition. As I said about a dozen posts north of yours, once you're at the top there is no-one to dethrone you and it very quickly gets one dimensional. I've won the league thrice in a row now, why do I need to work on my squad? This would be brilliant.

- Cheers for the positive feedback guys. I knew the Wishlist wasn't seen as a very serious topic but wasn't sure where else to post it. Do you think it's worth risking the general discussion post just to bring attention to it? I had given it long thought before posting. I think there could be some advertising to be made from it. What else is there to be said than to beat your friends with some actual real showing for it? I mean, anyone can make up they've done this and that on their offline saves. Step up and prove it I say.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar2010 View Post
    Its already in the game.

Positional setup on the tactics screen is "without ball" while the instructions you give are "with ball"

It was taken out for a reason. No player runs aimlessly between two positions once the match kicks off, he makes runs dependent on whats going on around him.
    I disagree. I saw Jose Mourinhos notepad once during a UCL game, and he was giving instructions to his team where he wanted them to be positioned when the other team has the ball in their own half. It would be a good inclusion in future releases IMO. For example, if your opponent has the ball in and around your 18 yard box, you might want your fullbacks to tuck in and your wingers to stay wide for example. Or maybe youd want your striker roaming around the wing. Just an example. I think it would be great to re-add this, maybe enhanced ofcourse. It would give you more 'control' over your teams tactics.

Amateur

-a player automatically goes out on loan to the feeder club if he doesn't have the WP
    -the managers wage to ACTUALLY change when you renew your contract (at the moment you can earn 3k per week with Chester city in the conference and then still be earning that when you win the CL or other comps)
    -older players returning to their country or going for a big money move to the middle east/america before they retire, rather than retire becasue they can't find a club (Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Larsson and others are examples)
    -talking about other deals (Mr Wenger, Liverpool have just paid 35m for Carroll, what do you think of this?)
    -verbal agreements with clubs about signings (Arsenal choose not to pursue Subotic if Atletico choose not to pursue Sahko)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Preveza View Post
    I disagree. I saw Jose Mourinhos notepad once during a UCL game, and he was giving instructions to his team where he wanted them to be positioned when the other team has the ball in their own half. It would be a good inclusion in future releases IMO. For example, if your opponent has the ball in and around your 18 yard box, you might want your fullbacks to tuck in and your wingers to stay wide for example. Or maybe youd want your striker roaming around the wing. Just an example. I think it would be great to re-add this, maybe enhanced ofcourse. It would give you more 'control' over your teams tactics.
    Yeah, it would surely bring something to the tactical side of the game. IMO the tactics nowadays are just way too simple to make and haven't really got my team to play in a style I want. It's more down to team-talks, if I pick the right one it's gonna be easy, if the wrong one then my team is struggling. Really haven't been able to change that with my tactical choices.

Who watched Milan - Tottenham last evening or Barcelona - Inter last season? It is impossible to reduce opposition's chances that effectively in FM. Bringing this tactical thing into game could make it more possible.

Amateur

for me, i hate the fact that sometimes i sign a free transfer who is not at a club. it says transfer failed due to failing medical when hes out for 6months. why cant i sign him and give him use to my medical facilities. cause i hate losing out on them when their fitt again. "recommendations" Sir Alex, recommended a italian striker a few years back to dave jones, be a nice feature if united find a player whos good, but not good enough for them, they say "sir alex has reccomended this player to you" the conversion from chances rate should be a bit more realistic im fed up of 20 shots and scoring 1. manager/agent relationship .... if im good friends with a agent, be nice if i say im lookin for a mid, and he can inform me of a midfielder available or he could give me first notice if one his players is unhappy or looking for a move away from their clubs. ..........chairmen manager relationship needs to be sorted. i think if i have a good relationship of say "crawley owner, he decides to sell, and then buy someone like sheff wednesday, if we're friends he might ask me to come manage his sqaud" and more re-buyer chairmen, so if crawley chairman does sell, he uses the money made to buy a team of the same or simular vaulation..........

chairmen look for investors. im fed up of being a club whos in the red, and theres no money atall and im forced to sell while the chairman sits and does nothing, be nice if it said a investor has purchased 35% of the shares for £7m, £3m have been given to transfers and £4m to ease the financial situation of the club

Part-Timer

A netbook skin, please...that's the easiest to put in.

FC Oss Researcher
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408

Ok, say I sign a free agent in a country that only allows frees to join at a certain time. I would like to be able to bring the player into my team to train only.

An example, its February and I cannot sign a free agent until August (in Finland) so he has no training etc for 6 months. I want to sign him now as I dont want another club to snatch him, Id like to be able to train him at the club for 6 months, unpaid of course to get fit etc.

Maybe an option in the contract so he can say he doesn't want to do it for free etc if he doesn't want to.

Amateur

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...aws-of-FM-2011.

this links includes all my wishes.

moreover, should the target man setting getting more effective, it just doesnt work in 2011

Amateur

real football agents like jorge mendes, antonio sanz, etc.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar2010 View Post
    What do you suggest?

and do you even know what it does?
    i suggest anything else but the word "automatic".
    salesman, teacher, interpreter

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Georgik View Post
    real football agents like jorge mendes, antonio sanz, etc.
    Never going to happen. They'd have to approach every agent individually and ask them for permission to use their name.

Amateur

The ability to influence kit design (in game)

And to view training, so that you can see who is actually training. I am not saying I would use the whole time, but it might be a nice feature to have now that we have good 3d matches

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by sparkysrovers View Post
    The ability to influence kit design (in game)

And to view training, so that you can see who is actually training. I am not saying I would use the whole time, but it might be a nice feature to have now that we have good 3d matches

I believe kits are part of the license so legally can't be altered within the game while 3d training would get boring within minutes becoming the most useless feature ever introduced.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Preveza View Post

Disagree all you want the fact is that its already included.

What you can ask for is more tactical options but pointing out the blade of grass you want a player to stand on will never happen.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Nik_Dut View Post
    i suggest anything else but the word "automatic".
    salesman, teacher, interpreter

So all you want is the word changing?

That sounds fair enough presuming you can come up with a suitable alternative.

Amateur

Just a few things about Scouting:

It needs to be much more fluid.

I just read an article about danish Chelsea scout Benny Nielsen and his methods of working under Frank Arnesen. He is/was assigned to Scandinavia, and rather than just going randomly around scandinavia compiling match reports it was his responsibility to spot the youngsters of real interest and report them back to Frank, but most of the time he would just write down all the names of the match he was seeing and it would be plotted into their database.

In his words: "It is my job to secure that if we miss out the next Bendter og Agger it will not be because of me not spotting them".

Also, as others have said, why not make the stats-deal more fluid, realistic aswell. It is not right that i can scout a player once and know exactly how good he is at everything. Instead, the scout should give me "note-like" reports, telling me much more about the type of player, his strengths, his weaknesses, what role he could play, his role in the squad, his mentality, what others say about him etc in exchange for me not knowing the stats.

Amateur

Resizable Match Day Info. i.e. Like a window on your OS, stretch, widen, etc using your cursor.

Clearer information on which nations you DONT have Scouting Knowledge of.
    Last edited by Viggo Vickers; 19-02-2011 at 18:46.

Amateur

few suggestions

1. Allow us to be assistant managers of teams. I mean that if we start unemployed, we can apply for an assistant manager job at various clubs. There we can have control over the reserve squad or the youth squad. So that way, if we perform very well with the reserves, other teams in the same or above division will show some interest in hiring us as managers. Or if your own manager gets fired; the board will hire you as caretaker and if you can improve the team's condition; they might consider appointing you permanently

2. Improve the transfer system. If you want to buy a top-class player; the AI expects you to pay exorbitant amounts of money, usually twice his player value. But if they are interested in one of your top players; they expect to get him at his normal player value!! And if you often try to negotiate by asking for 5-7 mill more; the interested team often withdraws!

3. Make the transfer deadline day more active. In RL, the deadline day is often the busiest day with many important and high value transfers taking place. But in FM, hardly any activity takes place on the last day. Most of the 20 mill+ deals are usually done by the first weeks of the deadline (I'm playing in 2025 right now). I think that most of these transfers should take place near the deadline day.

4. Improve the parent club-feeder club relation to ensure that loan players actually go to the feeder club. I have set half my youth team available for loan and most of the times; my feeder clubs don't even bid for the player, but teams from the same division (and usually finishing nearby in the table) do bid!!

5. Scout ratings for older players should be revised. When you generally scout a 31-33 year old player, the scout will generally give him x stars for current ability; BUT even potential ability will have the same x number of stars. But sometimes it is generally obvious that the player will drop in quality in one season and will have a rating of (x-(1/2)) stars. So i think the scout should rate the player's potential ability keeping in mind what he would look after 1-2 seasons ( by evaluating the injury proneness of the player) to give a more accurate PA rating

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by fyrros View Post
    few suggestions

1. Allow us to be assistant managers of teams. I mean that if we start unemployed, we can apply for an assistant manager job at various clubs. There we can have control over the reserve squad or the youth squad. So that way, if we perform very well with the reserves, other teams in the same or above division will show some interest in hiring us as managers. Or if your own manager gets fired; the board will hire you as caretaker and if you can improve the team's condition; they might consider appointing you permanently
    This could be fun, I think they would have included this if it wasn´t for the coaching attributes, that the human players doesn´t have.

Amateur

How about a sound input option for those with a microphone + Voice Recognition Software who want to shout and swear at their players? dB level at half-time could be proportional to your displeasure at the performance!

And a serious one, wouldn't it be great if scouting was so good that we could turn the attributes to "invisible"? I'm sure S.A.F. doesn't think "Giggs used to have a pace of 17 now it's more like 13". Etc.

Amateur

Is it just on my games where in finals, the team selected as the away team only have the one stand for fans. Would you be able to split it 50-50 down the middle of the far stand, to make it more realistic.

Petty I know, but I think it would enhance cup final day on FM

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Riziger View Post
    I'd like to see scheduling friendly tours have more impact and effect of the reputation of the club in that particular nation etc. Many of the big clubs go on tours of America or Asia to build up their profiles with future profits in mind.

Apart from that, the option to buy the player but immediately loan him back to his club till a later date. I think this can be done by setting the date at the end of the season but don't think it'd be too difficult to implement this as it happens a lot in real life
    Would also like to see this as i tend to buy young players..

im 90% sure this was in one of the previous games, but id like to be able to tell the ass man/ U18's coach who id like them to play in each position for reserves/U18's... i suppose you could take it 1 step further and include the amount of time you would like to see them on the pitch for(ideally) like you can for friendly internationals but in say increments of 15mins.. lost count how many times i've gone to play a young lad in a cup game only to see he's on 78% fitness having played the day before..

if im completley honest tho.. the thing id like to see most (although admittedly never likely to) is a version of FM that isnt still being patched in march.. no disrespect to SI intended but when you release a new version every oct/nov then have to wait 4/5 months to have the issues ironed out doesnt reallly give you much time to enjoy the game as SI intended it to be..

Closed Thread
Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 16 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast