Closed Thread
Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 60 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 1,000 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Semi Pro

4) Training . The current system is horrible.
    Only players under 24 improve now . That shouldn't be the case , depending on the player they can improve/learn even after that age . That shouldn't be as usual but it should still remain an option. Furthermore i want a more dynamic feel between training - stats and actual performance(match engine) . I want my striker that had amazing form and scored showing good composure in the last six game and he is training in those areas to improve in those areas. I also want training to have more to do with tactics than now.

-------------------------------------------------

I totaly agree with youabout training thing. Players who play regulary should improve no matter how old they are.
    Thing that bothers me is how they improve. I belive that stats like stamina, strenght, work rate...should improve all the time as person grows (everybody is stronger when he is 29 then 19 years old) but pace and accelaration is differnent. That should SI have in mind.
    Another strange thing in training is that is absolutly in-active. We do nothing!!! In Europe coaches (managers) do train their squad. It would be nice to have option for preperation for next match, making a game plan (even include your skipper and few more players in that, like in reality). I think that would bring a hole new dimension to the game. And I also belive that winning matches should be more hard. (Sorry everybody who disagree!!!)

One more thing about improvement that you were mentioning. Maybe players should not improve so quickly. The solution might be in morale and form (which I think are "allmost useless" right now). I will give a example or two: we all know that Adriano is a great player but he is really struggling right now. We can say that his morale is really really low. In the game he plays normally he scores a few goals and everything is normal again. That should not be the case, morale snould not change so quickly becouse things are more complicated in life. On the other hand we have the case of Zlatan Ibrahimović who was a great talent but just needed time to adopt his temerament to Serie A football. Now he is playing the game of his life.
    I know that it is just a game but it would be awesome to see things like that in FM08.

Semi Pro

Another thing!!! (yeah I am boring)

Ball is to slow!! The power of passes are all alike!!!

I dont see any difference when player is tired!!

Player runs (dribling) are like everybody is Cristiano or Messi. I am playing with Newcastlle and Martins is making runs which are making Maradona envy!!! He scored 24 goals last season he was player of the year...... Unbelivible!!! Huge bug...

Amateur

I think Matches should be played in 3D.

But you have a choice if you want to watch a match in 3D or in the old classic way like in 2006 and 2007.

Semi Pro

One thing that made me quit playing FM right now is that David Jarolim won World Player of the Year Award!!!!????? Well I am sure he is outstanding player....but it is just too much for me....lack of determination I know...PLEASE MAKE IT NOT TO HAPPEN PLEASE!!!!

3D stadioum???? No way...waste of money and time!!!!

Amateur

Why is it that AI clubs almost always or very often value a certain player of yours at the same amount? Numerous times the offers received are of the same amount or only "arrange friendly" with the money being £0 from three or four clubs.

What I mean is that it would be better if the AI´s original value of a player would fluctuate more.

Semi Pro

A T T R I B U T E S

Maybe I am wrong but I believe that attributes of players are not "seen" on the pitch. At least not all of them. Yes it is no problem to find out who is strong player, quick, good jumper, (too)good dribler and maybe we could find some more attributes that are "seeable".
    Well I believe that majority of attrributes (especialy mental ones) just cannot be seen in the match. Examples:
    I would really like to know if aneybody recognised a midfielder who was just too tired to get back to help his defense or stoped running after his player becouse he was too jadded. I know there is an indicator that tells us that the player is coming near 70% of his condition level but on the pitch they are all Gattusos. Than, striker who played whole game (3rd in 10 days!!) is often able to pass 3 or 4 defenders without a problem in 80th minute!!! Just cannot happen IRL!! Well meeybe once a season in every league.
    It really ****es me off (can I say that ) that Frank Lampard (or Juninho) scored only 6 goals in 2 seasons, I played??? And I am really not a Chelsea fan. That has to be fixed!! Another ecample: I have problems with awey games and my team just cannot score even if I play on counters. With Martins, Owen, Dyer and Duff in the squad. That should make Newcastlle one of the fastest teams. On the other hand at St. James they continously win. Maybe I am not Cappelo but still believe that at home where all teams play very defensive and narrow against us, Owen and especially Martins just would not find needed space that suites their football style but they are having no problem dribbling 2,3 and 4 defenders!!! All I want to say is that than it should come to Lampard and guys from behind to score in such situations. Take Arsenal for example. They are playing best football ever but just cannot score. Why?? Becouse they are not shooting on goal they want to come with ball in goal and becouse they make their opponents to consolidate so much that there is no space for ball to pass.
    Bravery, aggresion, teamwork, work rate. There is no difference on the pitch between Rooney and Ronaldo. They are both pressing their opponents with same intensity (and Im not talking about World Cup final), both of them will not pass to an open team mate in scoring oppurtunity (or invente some even more stupid decisions), they both run allmost same kilometers in the match. OK Ronney will have 15 more tackles at the end of season. But I think these kind of stuff really isnt hard to fix. Same things go for creativity, positioning, off the ball, passing... Example: at the end of my first season players leading in assists in Newcastlle were: 1. Martins 17 ass (plus 24 goals, do I have to say he was Player of the Year), Duff (set piece taker!!) 10 ass, Bramble and Sibierski 6 ass, Babayaro, Dyer, Taylor 5, Parker, Hoyte and Emre 4 ass. And I allways thought that Emre is something of a playmaker. Just cant be possible IRE!!!
    Generally I think that attributes are too good on the pitch. I havent seen yet a goalkeeper to kick ball to row z after defender passed him back a 45 meter ball. Someone who has techniqe rate 11 looks almost as good like having 17. IRE even Cristiano isnt able to control the ball every time he wants on the line, when its wet. These kind of things (little mistakes, not controling the ball really well, not the best passes, ball bouncing off players...) would bring much more inpredicability to the FM, just like IRE.

P.S.
    Im not trying to say that the game is awfull. I really like it. Been playing it since first series of CM (I remember than, all you had to do to win Champions League was to bring *timac, Bilić, Asanović and Računica from Hajduk. After that it was easy.)

My deep respect to the SI squad!!!!!

Third Team

I do get very annoyed with my squad at times. I feel like blasting them in public not just in the dressing room like managers do irl. Unfortunately it's not possible in FM-you can yell at them individually but they get pretty annoyed and I don't like singling players out. What I'd like is an option to Criticise the whole team's performance and give them a bit of a rollicking if you like in public. I don't feel the team talk is effective enough to make them see just how crap they've played. Perhaps there could be a journalist asking how you rated your team's performance. Then I could also tell them that 'you played crap and won but I'm still not happy' or 'you played brilliantly and deserved to win, well done guys' or 'you did OK I'm not too happy but I'm not angry either'. The team talk is simply not good enough for this type of thing. They don't even listen half the time. I can only tell them 'I'm delighted', 'I'm pleased', 'I'm sympathetic', 'I'm disappointed' or 'I'm angry'. Basically if you are annoyed with the way they played after scraping a win you can't say 'I'm angry' or 'I'm disappointed' because they'll start getting unhappy. I'd like to yell at them enough to make them realise that they have to buck up their ideas but not enough for them to get unhappy about it. A happy medium if you like.

Amateur
    Just bought Duda thinking it was Dida and worse still I now have no \'keeper.

i don't know if this idea has already been mentioned, but i would like to see coach reports that are as detailed as the scout reports are in fm2007 because i dont realy gain anything from finding that my player is 'a decent member of the squad.'

Third Team

Yep that's been mentioned before, perhaps not in here but in other threads.

Amateur

No bugs, kill them all.

Semi Pro

Player interaction is pretty primitive by now. I almost never interact with other managers becouse there is no point in saying same things time after time (and know the consequences). I belive the pre match questions affect players morale just little too much. I really dont know why should a player feel nerveous about comming game if you say "we can win if we play to our best". He would if you say into the media that you expext of him to score a hattrick. Best solution right now is to say nothing (at least if your team morale is ok).
    IRL allmost all media stuff is for ordinary poeople and I dont believe that Gerard would feel depresed if some joirnalist wrote smth bad about him and he knows its not true. Media stuff should have to deal with fans who want to hear stories for pumping up atmosphere . They wont tolerate a mannager who doesnt speak to the media especialy if in top clubs. Of course it is important aspect of the game.
    I think interwiews with you and players must take place in next FM as well as media conferences before and after matches.
    There should be in-game interaction where you could yell, praise, cool down your players for every important accident during a match.
    Also I would like to see that you cold be able to show to your players in training what they done wrong in previous match (bad positionig, movement, closing down, passing...). That would be nice interacion with your players and you would actually train them.

Amateur

Whilst on player interaction I'd like the ability to communicate with international players and their managers when manager of a national side.

So you argue over release problems, injuries - you could suggest player move to get more international experience etc.

Amateur

[quote]

I totaly agree with youabout training thing. Players who play regulary should improve no matter how old they are.
    Thing that bothers me is how they improve. I belive that stats like stamina, strenght, work rate...should improve all the time as person grows (everybody is stronger when he is 29 then 19 years old) but pace and accelaration is differnent. That should SI have in mind.
    Another strange thing in training is that is absolutly in-active. We do nothing!!! In Europe coaches (managers) do train their squad. It would be nice to have option for preperation for next match, making a game plan (even include your skipper and few more players in that, like in reality). I think that would bring a hole new dimension to the game. And I also belive that winning matches should be more hard. (Sorry everybody who disagree!!!)

One more thing about improvement that you were mentioning. Maybe players should not improve so quickly. The solution might be in morale and form (which I think are "allmost useless" right now). I will give a example or two: we all know that Adriano is a great player but he is really struggling right now. We can say that his morale is really really low. In the game he plays normally he scores a few goals and everything is normal again. That should not be the case, morale snould not change so quickly becouse things are more complicated in life. On the other hand we have the case of Zlatan Ibrahimović who was a great talent but just needed time to adopt his temerament to Serie A football. Now he is playing the game of his life.
    I know that it is just a game but it would be awesome to see things like that in FM08./quote]

I agree the workload slider is just a lacking option . It is as you have no actual control of the training in the ways you should be. The training system should be more complex but a workload slider that we can select how hard they are training wouldn't be useless but is just one train may not be such a bad idea . On the other hand Generally all training programs have a relative difficulty . Players that train get injured due to bad luck , tackles from teammates and a bad sporting ground. Also some players just try a lot more than others in training and may injure themselves more or endanger their teammates. They may train more too also. Having a slider for that may just be to wrong. Rather i would like a combination of the old system (fm 2005 i think) in which we each option has an effect on the training of the players but also tactics . An example is , Having the players to play a match together can improve the way the way (teamwork and getting used to each other) are playing on the field also. Another example is corners . During corner training not only your gifted players learn how to take corners but your attackers learn how to position themselves inside the area and tricks they can try to score. (Watch again Greece Euro 2004 campaign and you will see why corner practice can be so important.) So tactics go more into training and what the players show you into training may just show you how good they will listen to your instructions in an actual match.
    But this is also an area that should change if the system changes because how exactly do you know which players are doing well in training ?
    I recommend a graphical edgine (Like the match Engine) but for training . You can see there and insruct there your players and then you can always let it in "auto"(assistant) mode. text information would then inform you how good they are obeying your orders but you should inspect them and try new tricks for a while.

While the tactical part of the training is your affair you should need coaches to train the Football team. Still i would like more specialization of the coaches , some carrying preferred moves that they can pass ... They should have there own shedule but they also can be commanded to change it. Coaches that are rated by the same star rating (if there is one) may have a different training program in addition to other atributes such as motivation.

Again defenders can train with your attackers in shedules that force the ones to defend and the others to attack . Again a small graphical engine would be good.

In the end your training all your team in a more
    realistic way.

The same training options should be there for National teams which also require squad consistency.

Regarding the improvement of attributes i have two views on the subject.

The Best game is the one where it is hard to win , hard to master but you can always improve your situation.

Realistically i also believe you can always find better training combinations and different coaches.

Semi Pro

7.0.2 patch made alot of improvement on the pitch. Now players are actually making mistakes....it's a little harder...bravo, way to go!!

Amateur

I'm still waiting for highlights to appear in similar graphics to Pro Evo. That would be cool...

rjb

i would like to be able to offer an ultimatum to the board when they accept/make bids for players, i'm with fulham at the moment and at least once a season i lose a 1st team player due to the board

Amateur

i would like eto see it that when you buy a player his value doesnt suddenly automatically correspond to that of his transfer fee. It was nice to check a value against fee to see if a club had made a good or bad transfer.

Amateur

I actually think the valuation system is currently a bit flawed. 'Value' should mean exactly that: how much a player costs. If a striker at Barcelona is valued at 10M, then it seems you have to double or pay 2.5 that amount, which is quite strange. After all, if a player is worth 10M, why would a club dish out twice as much?

Should be that the value of the player equals his cost, less additional payments, clauses etc.

Amateur

all i want for future versions is for reserves and youngsters to "realize" the disparity between the quality of the first team, and that of themselves.

and just stop complaining and requesting transfers and asking to be brought off the xfer list ('cause nobody wants them) etc etc...

Amateur

1. To have MBE,OBE's and Knighthoods.
    2. Much better Editor (it was poor this year).

Amateur

I'd like to see the match engine completely overhauled (no NOT 3D!!).

I have a few savegames, one of which is Notts County and i'm able to do quite well with them by acting on the information provided by my Scout.

It's a low league club, LOW on tactical skill and talent, the scout says the opposition play a fast direct game

Team Instructions : Slow Tempo + Short Passing

I win the match, but slow possesion based football is a HIGH skill game, talent is needed to pull it off

A few seasons later i've been promoted to the Championship, my squad has been replaced with talented & HIGH skill players. The Scout says the opposition play possesion based football.

Team Instructions: Fast Tempo + Direct Passing

I win the match, using a LOW skill tactic.

It just all seems back to front, when i have a poor team im successfully playing football that should be technically BEYOND them, and when i have a strong team im successfull with tactics that should be the domain of the poor team.

Its too clinical, its too Rock-Paper-Scissors, in short it's not really football.

Amateur

you could be a player manager and use the keyboard to control your dot on the pitch!!!! .....

Reserves

It'd be nice if I didn't win an EPL game 9-0 and have 11 players in the team of the week.

Amateur
    I will be the one that decides whether you stay or go.

Don't know if has been suggested aleady, but how about being able send advisors (coaches) to feeder clubs?

Amateur

my top wish for the next FM is to be able to accept lower positions at higher clubs

eg. assistant manager at Utd/Arsenal (although that could be hard to code)

or U21 manager of national squad

Amateur

I would like to see more options in contract negotiations. E.g. how about offering houses (relocation packages) especially for young players.

Amateur

Originally posted by Vinton:
    U21 manager of national squad
    You can already do that. But to do it you have to cheat and Add a manager at a national team sack the current U21 manager then appoint yourself. I once done it to see and it worked. I won the U21 championship but still got sacked.

Amateur

Media:-

Having player interview before matches and also after matches and they can comment on how the team has played and also if they have problems such as only playing 5 minutes in a match or disappointed to be taken off.

Breaks:-

When you come up to a period in the game when you have 2 weeks off before your next game you should have the option to either send players on a holiday or on a team bonding trip.

Subs:-

When you make a change you should be able to give instructions to them like if you want them to push forward more when you are chasing a goal or keep the play simple. This should give your players more believe in themselves when in certain situations

Friendlies:-

When you start at a new club you should have a list of teams who would be interested in having a friendly with your club and you get to select which teams you want you team to play against.

Reserves & Youth Team:-

Maybe having reports that tell you which players are performing well and should be promoted to the reserve team and the first team. If someone is head and shoulders above the rest of the team the assistant manager then tells you he should be moved up.

Scouting:-

Maybe your scouts can recommend young players who would be good enough for the youth team or the youth team manager can ask if they could have a player who they think is good enough to have a trial at the club.

Amateur

The ability to field an illegal player, someone without a work permit or something because I just bought 4 players who I thought could go out on loan to my feeder club to avoid work permit regulations but it turns out the clubs spanish. Why did I get offered this club by the board?

Amateur

Sorry if its already been posted, i havent checked the whole thread.

I think you should be able to publicly state via the media that you beleive player "x" should be called up to their international squad, because in my game i have a spanish midfielder who is 24 and playing for a top side winning trophys requlary and getting very high average ratings yet he has never got the chance to play for the international squad

Part-timer

Originally posted by dougal95:
    my ideas

1. Trophy Room - pictures of the trophies you've won

2. 3D Stadium - SI should look at what Fifa Manager has done

3. Option for ticket prices - before each game you should be able to enter how much you want your fans to pay
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.......NO!

Scott M

Amateur

I'd like to see my wages paid directly into my bank account.

Part-timer

Originally posted by Alex Bevan:
    Unsure if this has been covered before, but how about a save game log.

Next time someone claims they dont cheat but end up winning every league and cup, they can prove this with a screenie that shows one save per month for example than say two per week.
    I couldn't give a fig about how other people are playing the game, if they reload they are only really cheating themselves.

And an Angel weeps gently.....

Scott M

Amateur

Originally posted by jungli5t:
    Sorry if its already been posted, i havent checked the whole thread.

I think you should be able to publicly state via the media that you beleive player "x" should be called up to their international squad, because in my game i have a spanish midfielder who is 24 and playing for a top side winning trophys requlary and getting very high average ratings yet he has never got the chance to play for the international squad
    Thats a good idea and should definatley be included.

Part-timer

Originally posted by milkman191:
    I think Matches should be played in 3D.

But you have a choice if you want to watch a match in 3D or in the old classic way like in 2006 and 2007.
    Are you from the Future?

And 3D is never, ever going to happen, I wish people should just get over it......

Scott M

Part-Timer
    The Walkers Stadium, Leicester City. I'm a Referee!!!!

I think that fan's should play a bigger part in it.

eg. fan pressure (so away players feel intimidated and get scared or something... same as pressuring your star player into signing a new contract) etc.

I also think referee's should have stats... like how they react to fans etc.

Part-timer

For all the suggestions on here, and there are a few good ones, I think we're all losing sight of what makes FM great: The complex match engine and the ability to wheel and deal in the Transfer Market.

Really thats the only mainstays in a Football Management Sim. If those two don't work properly, then all the fluff that goes around it ain't worth a hill of beans.

MATCH ENGINE:

After a few months play, I find the Match Engine a bit samey, the variety of goals are a bit limited and that goes for the chances highlights as well. I would love to see a really expansive match engine, with commentary to match. The WOW factor really is too rare.

Also, the difference between very good players and very poor players still isn't highlighted well enough, sure crap Defenders go walkabout leaving players unmarked and poor strikers miss untold one on ones or get caught on the ball, but styles of play for LLM and Champions league level should be descernably different.

TRANSFER MARKET:

The Database is huge, which is brilliant, but the fact that so few players change hands for any money is a cause for concern. We've all had players with a weekely wage more than your entire squad offered for 0 cash, its annoying and why would Danny Murphy consider playing in the Conference anyway?

The market in FM08 has to be far more liquid, with lots more players changing hands for fees, of course the balance will be difficult to maintain but then it always is.

If the above two work like a dream in FM08, then I'll be delighted. I really am not a fan of having every minute detail being dissected in the media, and for most levels of Football this isnt realistic anyway. I don't want TV Style, X-Factor presentation of the game, I can get that in real life, thanks.

So, give me a rich "Management" Sim please SI, FM07 is very good, but FM08 will be dynamite if you get the Match Engine and Transfer Market nailed.

Scott M

Amateur

I remember in my old CM games you could criticize the referee....not sure why you can't still do this as I can get really annoyed about how a strict ref can give out so many yellow cards, that my team can have numerous suspensions at one time. So i'd like to have a go at the ref please :-) Everyone does it in football every day anyway!
    And also the option to ask the FA to move fixtures if you suddenly get a massive congestion and play 3 games in 6 days!

Amateur

The manager's personal file could include a few things.

More than one favourite club, I think a few people have mentioned that already.

If you're a former International player, then it'd be nice to state how many caps and goals you had in your glory days.

Favourite personnel - I support Southampton, so I'd probably but George Burley, Claus Lundekvam etc. It could work in a similar way when you go to set up a friendly, you search for a specific club - This time you search for a specific name, click on the person you want, and on the bottom left options panel, click a button saying 'Select for Favourite Personnel' or something to that effect...

Equally, disliked personnel, or disliked clubs. Again, I'm a Southampton supporter, so I may choose to dislike Portsmouth as a club, or say I don't like Harry Redknapp or Rupert Lowe.

Basic I know, but it'd add a nice little touch.

Amateur

Following on from an earlier comment about fan power, how about the manager being able to see a copy of a fanzine to see what the fans really think? Perhaps they could voice their anger about the board, which could lead to takeover talks as unrest settles in, comments about the managers' tactics, and good or bad mentions of players, i.e 'Tom Lyon has been an inspired loan signing, his goal last week was great' = Tom Lyon feels good, or, 'Tom Lyon hasn't done it for us. Why did the manager get him?' = Tom Lyon feels bad, supporters question the manager a tad.

Sounds interesting!

Part-timer

Originally posted by Colinjb:
    The manager's personal file could include a few things.

More than one favourite club, I think a few people have mentioned that already.

If you're a former International player, then it'd be nice to state how many caps and goals you had in your glory days.

Favourite personnel - I support Southampton, so I'd probably but George Burley, Claus Lundekvam etc. It could work in a similar way when you go to set up a friendly, you search for a specific club - This time you search for a specific name, click on the person you want, and on the bottom left options panel, click a button saying 'Select for Favourite Personnel' or something to that effect...

Equally, disliked personnel, or disliked clubs. Again, I'm a Southampton supporter, so I may choose to dislike Portsmouth as a club, or say I don't like Harry Redknapp or Rupert Lowe.

Basic I know, but it'd add a nice little touch.
    "dislike Portsmouth" *chuckle*

Scummer!

Scott M

Amateur

I suggested it for 2005, 2006 and 2007 and still nothing, so I will give it a try:

Testimonial Games for players going to retire and playing their last game (friendly)

Amateur

will any of these ideas actually be in fm08 or are they just ignored? it needs loads added to make it worth buying for £30.

Amateur

Originally posted by i Love United:
    will any of these ideas actually be in fm08 or are they just ignored? it needs loads added to make it worth buying for £30.
    Some will be put in. Where do you think SI would get their ideas for features?
    They have to please the fans

Amateur

The ability to scout your affiliates would be on my wishlist. especially if I have first option on players.

Amateur

could some si person tell us whats going to be new???

Amateur

Ticket prices, look at Leeds United in real life, Leeds vs Preston was expensive for example:

NORTH AND SOUTH STAND : £26 FOR ADULTS, £15 FOR KIDS

EAST: £35 FOR ADULTS KIDS FOR £13

WEST: £35 ADULTS AND KIDS

18,400 was in attendance..

FOR THE LEEDS VS LUTON, QPR..

North, South were £15 adults, £8 for kids

West: £26 fixed price I think

East: £8 for kids, £15 for adults I think.. For QPR there was 29,500+ at Elland Road, for Luton there was 27,000 and for this Saturday vs Plymouth there is an expected 30-31,000 there. So depending on the size of the city, reputation, quality of players etc more people will turn up making a better atmosphere and inspiring the team, get my gest? I think this is the only thing missing for the game, I am sick of being Leeds manager and gettin only 15,000 despite doing well in the league.. Doesn't make sense? If enough go along the club will make more revenue anyway! Thoughts?

Well, hell - I CBA reading through all 16 pages of this thread; after reading the 1st few posts, I'm concerned whether my suggestions here will make a difference or not. However -

I'd REALLY like to be able to interact with individual players in a negative manner as well as positive. I've just had John Terry put out both of my starting forwards - one for 5 months with a broken leg - and I'd LOVE to be able to call him a cheating c**t in the press.

I'd also love the opportunity to respond to negative comments from players who've left the club... "No sh*t you didn't have an opportunity to play in the first team - you weren't good enough to beat out the other players I've signed!" Things like that...

And LU4L1? Don't worry, mate - it does get better if you keep winning - however, given how fickle Leeds fans seem to be, IMO the game's got it pretty spot on! ;-)

I too am playing as the Mighty Whites, and in 2012, I'm averaging over 50k per match (Somewhere along the line, the board decided to expand ER without telling me, and apparently without consequence...w00t!)

Amateur

-- Match fitness
    This HAS to be fixed. You want your players to stay match fit so you send them to the reserves "until match fit" only to find out that the assistant does not play them because he's playing some useless 14 year olds. The only way to keep your selection match fit is to take control of the reserve matches yourself. This means that about 20-30% of your game time is wasted on a utterly boring part of the game. In other words, because SI still has not been able to do a proper job on this part of the game, it adds a big, frustrating and tiresome aspect to the game. For years I've been wondering when SI will understand that that is not the way to make an attractive game.

-- Balancing referees
    It's possible to get the same referee over and over again. This has to be fixed in the future: in real life, no team would ever get the same referee twice in a row, let alone 3 times a month or so.

-- Transfer messages
    Another bug that has been in the game for ages and really needs to be fixed: when I tell a team I'm not going to sell them my player, they should not come asking 6 hours later if I want to sell them the same player.

-- Better use of the assistant
    The role of the assistant manager is pretty pointless at them moment. The team reports are hardly usefull since the stats will tell you which players are best, and the team talks he gives consist of nothing more than yelling "do it for the fans!!" 100% of the time.

Amateur

Originally posted by Sam00000000000001:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vinton:
    U21 manager of national squad
    You can already do that. But to do it you have to cheat and Add a manager at a national team sack the current U21 manager then appoint yourself. I once done it to see and it worked. I won the U21 championship but still got sacked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually have had that job offered to me without cheating!! I rejected it though

Amateur

I would like to see more involvement as a national team manager.

Amateur

It would be great if we could play lower leagues in France (I'm french), such as CFA and CFA2. National is not enough, from what I saw in other forums, people would love playing in lower leagues...

Amateur

I think players could have more important relationships with other players. For example, at Man Utd in 98/99, Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke were on fire as a pair and were completely on the same wavelength thus resulting in lots and lots of goals! I know there is a prefered personal section but i think it is only an eyepleasing feature.

Amateur

sorry for the double post,

another idea I've had is that you should be able to view your league table in the order that the media predicted at the start of the season. It wouldn't be very hard and could just be an option from the drop down menu with overall, combined etc on.

It would just save time rather than having to look at each clubs information first!

Amateur

I would like to see new leagues from Asia in the game. Bangladesh has a new professional league I believe and it would be pretty cool to manage in that league since my nationality is Bangladeshi.

English Northern Premier League - Head Researcher

Offer Open Trials

One feature that I think would be a great addition for FM2008 would be the ability to advertise an open trial for your club.

What this means is players who are free agents would approach you with a view to joining your club on trial, usually in the summer for pre seasobn training.

It could be implemented in a similar way for advertising for staff.

I know this system is used regularly in real life and would be particularly useful for lower division clubs where player turnover is high.

Amateur

some things i'd like to see:

1) when purchasing a player you should have the option to loan the player back to the club (e.g. like utd offered to do with Bale)

2) better player interaction, you can have mind games with rival managers, so why not players...it's been done so many times by Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger etc...saying certain players aren't that good they're just lucky, they only went there for the money etc.

3) better youth set-up, it'd be nice if some way you could set-up Youth Academy's in certain countries, so you'd get better forgeneirs coming through you youth team rather than just the odd spanish person.

4) testamonials for players who've been at the club 10yrs

5) atmosphere has effects on players performance, eg. players like Ronaldo thrive on hostile atmospheres..and other players could crumble under an intense atmosphere.

Part-Timer

Originally posted by Gingerbread Man:
    Offer Open Trials

One feature that I think would be a great addition for FM2008 would be the ability to advertise an open trial for your club.

What this means is players who are free agents would approach you with a view to joining your club on trial, usually in the summer for pre seasobn training.

It could be implemented in a similar way for advertising for staff.

I know this system is used regularly in real life and would be particularly useful for lower division clubs where player turnover is high.
    This.

Also, it would also be a good secondary way for the engine to introduce new regens into the game, as youngsters that had not been "discovered" yet (regardless of quality) could come and try out for a club, and if good enough, get the nod, or try out at a different club. I would love to see this feature.

Amateur
    Milton Keynes. Far To Close To The Shitface Dons

as some have said, the inability to field an inalegible player, but face disiplinary action if caught.
    but if this was implemented, there should be a warning before you go to match, that your about to field an inilegible player.

Part-timer
    \"We are on top at the moment but not because of the club\'s financial power. We are in contention for a lot of trophies because of my hard work.\"

Im would like to be able to ask the board to allow me one extra coach or physio, and they can decide to let you have a special allowence if there is enough funds/if they think it could be worth it.

In my current game, my Ass man just took the Man City job, and I'm not allowed to replace him, then my physio (with lots of scouting knowledge as well as being my best physio by far) retired. Even after this, I'm not allowed a new physio, which I think is silly - I have over £1 billion in the bank (I'm Chelsea) and I was allowed the 'extra' coach + physio before, so why not now! (Sorry for the rant! )

Amateur

Would like to have more than one favourite team to pick,if you have more than one country picked for your game. I would also like to be able to tout my players for international call up if they are playing well!

Amateur

More friendlies for international play. In non tournament years, they seem to only play like one or two a year...

Haven't been bothered to read the previous 18 pages or so, but the most important things in my opinion are

1) press conferences after/before every european game and after/before rival games

2) morale should have a greater affection on players performances

3) optimising transfer prices/player values

4) chance of raising or lowering ticket prices

5) better interaction with players and other staff, as well as directors

6) NEVER go 3D!!!

7) maybe changes in game department - like slower movements or passes and stuff

Amateur

Similar to a lot of deals now...

The ability to approach a player who's contract is up at the end of the season and sign him on loan before he joins you on your contract.
    Similar to Warren Feeney at Cardiff.

If the player is a first teamer, then obviously it won't happen but maybe the other club could offer the player to you on loan after you've signed him on a Pre-Contract, if he's not important to the club?

Amateur

I do like the idea of being offered the Under 21 job though for a country! Whomever suggested it, I thank you

It'd give a manager in League 1/Championship an English Manager job to aim for.

Part-timer

Originally posted by i Love United:
    Rubbish, what other game can give you 100's of hours of play for 30 quid (or less if you buy online)......Muppet...

Scott M

Part-timer

Originally posted by raymondo267:
    as some have said, the inability to field an inalegible player, but face disiplinary action if caught.
    but if this was implemented, there should be a warning before you go to match, that your about to field an inilegible player.
    Nope, there can be nothing in the game that advocates rule breaking.....

Scott M

Amateur

we need streakers!

Amateur

---Fix the Euro Vase bug in network games where the host gets the application for the other player, and the other player only gets his. Really annoying.

---Have a residency countdown timer, would help a lot.

---Make the awards a bit more realistic.

---Stop the defence making like 20 mistakes in every game, this doesn't happen in Premiership football.

---Make it so if you appeal against a ban and the decision was incorrect the ban gets revoked.

---U16's perhaps?

---Make it so if you reject an enquiry the club who asked it doesn't come back three days later, that is so ****ing irritating! Also, why do clubs keep asking how much they want for a player when you have their transfer status set as unavailable for transfer? It's as if this is purely cosmetic now... fix that.

There's a lot more really but i can't think of them at the moment.

Hopefully SI reads this and realizes the amount of flaws that are in the game.

Amateur

Originally posted by ScottM:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by i Love United:
    Rubbish, what other game can give you 100's of hours of play for 30 quid (or less if you buy online)......Muppet...

Scott M </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Counter-strike Source and generally any other FPS or any other RTS game such as the CnC series. Oh and games like WoW.

Part-timer

Originally posted by Timster:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottM:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by i Love United:

Scott M </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Counter-strike Source and generally any other FPS or any other RTS game such as the CnC series. Oh and games like WoW.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough, but if I want to be called a N00b by a kid, I'll play online poker and take his pocket money while I'm doing it.....

Scott M

Semi Pro

Perhaps being able to accuse other sides of deliberately trying to injure your players - I manage Arsenal and England (some might say that's an irony), and when I was managing in one international I had, in the course of the match, three strikers injured, all of whom were good penalty takers. Guess what? The match came down to spot kicks, and my penalty-takers had penalty-taking attributes starting at 12 and ending at 5.

Amateur
    Utereg me stadsjie, daor gebeurt van allerhand, ut bruis an alle kant, in ut hartsjie van ut land

A news service like the 'Fifa Website' in Fifa Manager 2007.

Amateur

1. Postponments.

2. AI sometimes not using all of their subs.

Done.

Amateur

1- be able to search the attributes you want to check out, ie 2 from attacking, 1 defending,1 mental etc
    2- Certain players being booed and abused by rival fans and making a very hostile atmosphere for the away side ie Lampard away to West Ham and Rooney away to Everton
    3- Player brawls and crowd violence
    4-The ability to loan player back to the club you have just bought him from (ideal for younger players)

Amateur

I like the ideas of have matches postponed due to the weather like in Scotland you get matches cancelled because of the bad weather. Or having matches abandoned due to the weather.

Amateur

Originally posted by Milhouse1980:
    I like the ideas of have matches postponed due to the weather like in Scotland you get matches cancelled because of the bad weather. Or having matches abandoned due to the weather.
    Both features you just mentioned were in CM.

Amateur

Sometimes in an international break I'll have seven players gone and have to play the game then when I played sunderland they had, I cant remember how many but it wasn't much more than mine and the match gets called off I was happy as i had players out to but should you be able to apply for postponements due to bad pitch (birmingham have done that this season) or too many international players on leave.

Amateur

I've briefly looked through and something similar ahs been mentioned by notwichguy, sorry.

Amateur

Originally posted by hammondtime:
    1- be able to search the attributes you want to check out, ie 2 from attacking, 1 defending,1 mental etc
    You've been able to do a search for attributes since... CM2

Part-Timer

Haven't read all the posts on this thread as I just don't have time .

Things I'd like to see are:

Offsides being called immediately. Rarely IRL do you see a player run from the centre circle and score a goal before it is called offside, and if they do then they should get booked for kicking the ball away. Only time a goal should be disallowed for offside is if it a snap shot or header, I get very tried of watching offside being called 20-30 seconds after the offence.

Penalties should have their own training category.

Coach and Ass. Man reports on your own players need to be much more detailed, more like the current scout reports.

Scouts should rate players on the league you are playing in not on your best player in a certain position. I don't want to see that a WB is rated 6-7 stars and the detailed scout report only thinks he is good enough to play in the league below the one I am in. Conversely if I am in the EPL and have a World Class keeper I don't want all the good or leading EPL keepers rated as 3 stars.

If you have a feeder club or Work Permit avoidance then sending a player on loan to them who needs a WP then the loan should automatically continue until the player gets EU citizenship or the affliation is ended.

Clubs shouldn't keep bidding £5m for players, withdrawing offers after you renegotiate to £50m+, then bidding £5m again next week.

Option to slam your whole team publicly after a really poor performance (mainly to help us vent our frustation ).

Context options for manager interaction post games is pretty poor. Rarely do I get the option to slam the oppostion manager after a lucky win, ie. 1-0 after 1 shot on target (another way to vent frustation).

Amateur

Give the option to take the first team squad on a training camp, like with rafa benitez and the portugal trip before barcelona. I think it would be good and would increase morale in the team before a big match, like the example i gave, you can choose the length and to which location you go to. Also make it more realistic buying and selling prices. Paying 20mil (including bonuses/add ons) for Dani Alves was to me extremely unrealistic considering the price being touted around for him atm and having nobody in the premier league, serie a, primera liga wanting to buy craig bellamy, who i feel is a useful striker but not up to liverpool standards (my opinion, for my game) was also unrealistic

Amateur

More emphasis on reputations growing or shrinking due to to current club/manager status. Eg; Conference sides getting to the Premiership would start forming rivalries with big local sides. Say, for instance if Dagenham + Redbridge got to the Prem, they could become West Ham's main rivals, if they were both up there for a while.
    If this makes little sense, forgive me. Lack of sleep.
    Also; not losing almost all your reputation after a great career if you take a job at a small club.

Amateur

I was thinking of telling your team certain things in the team talk for example shoot on sight in the first 20 minutes or keep it tight. But I realise this would be hard as you would have to give another team talk after 20 minutes and I'm aware you could just edit your tactics to eveyone shoot often then change them but it wwas more of a short cut.

Part-timer

I think that manager's trends of substitutions should be put in, if tha tmakes sense. Like for example, Chester's manager Mark Wright tends to make subs late on in the match (correct nme if Im wrong). And then Jose Mourinho who sin't afraid to make a sub after 32 minutes if things aren't goin his way. I think that if manager's styles of subs were put in, it would be more realistic and you would get your own style aswell.

Amateur

It would be kinda cool to create players. Like just name someone after a friend or something and just watch them mature into world class players. That would be interesting in my opinion.

Ability to send player to reserves with specific request to get him match fit.

First Team Squad Member

It would be kinda cool to create players. Like just name someone after a friend or something and just watch them mature into world class players. That would be interesting in my opinion
    You can already do that with the data editor!!!

Amateur

Dribbling. Dribbling need's a total revamp.
    IMPROVE DRIBBLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amateur

The possibilty to see the club teams "star player/s". This feature was actually included in older versions of CM/FM. A star icon always showed beside the star player. I wanted back!!!

Amateur

Originally posted by Michael Osmann:
    The possibilty to see the club teams "star player/s". This feature was actually included in older versions of CM/FM. A star icon always showed beside the star player. I wanted back!!!
    Correction: Not "wanted back" but I want it back

Amateur

Originally posted by tomtuck01:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It would be kinda cool to create players. Like just name someone after a friend or something and just watch them mature into world class players. That would be interesting in my opinion
    You can already do that with the data editor!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you get to the data editor? I didn't even know it came with one! O_O

Amateur

The editor comes with the game. Try finding it under

C:\Programs\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007

The editor icon is called: fm data editor.exe

Semi Pro
    OTF2.COM OTF2.COM OTF2.COM OTF2.COM OTF2.COM OTF2.COM OTF2.COM OTF2.COM

Originally posted by raymondo267:
    This is a rubbish idea and I won't be buying the game if it is implemented.

A manager who did this knowingly would be sacked, or harshly fined by his club, regardless of whether or not he was caught by the F.A.

I often accidentally use the same line-up as the game before and hit go to match when I shouldn't, I could be docked points for this if I accidentally click yes when it tells me I have someone inelligable fielded? What a load of horse ****.

FM doesn't have a register list for UK league games, this is where you see it happen, not in the CL, it's players who don't have F.A. Licenses to play or don't have club contracts, not for CL matches.

Semi Pro
    OTF2.COM OTF2.COM OTF2.COM OTF2.COM OTF2.COM OTF2.COM OTF2.COM OTF2.COM

I want to see the ability to train players for specific attributes, I want to train defenders to head, but I don't want to have to train them to dribble at the same time.

Amateur

I was thinking of telling your team certain things in the team talk for example shoot on sight in the first 20 minutes or keep it tight. But I realise this would be hard as you would have to give another team talk after 20 minutes and I'm aware you could just edit your tactics to eveyone shoot often then change them but it wwas more of a short cut.
    Great Idea, simply implement the current team talk into 15 minute groups. For instance, Home Games - Attacking (0-15m) Normal (16-30m) Hold (31-45m). With the ability to alter via Quick Tactics if the game isn't going to plan.

Amateur

I'd like to be able to praise a player on a one off excellent performance, instead of just on a run of form.

for instance when a usually average player runs the midfield in a cup game, i want to be able to say 'that performance won us the game today'

Reserves
    To be an Arsenal fan you have to be a masochist

yeah i would like thatto

Amateur

I would like to see the ability to play individual matches where you could choose two sides and experiment with players, instructions, and tactics. You could see which teams were good and which one you want to try in a proper game. It could just be a separate option from starting a new game.

I know you can already do this by arranging friendlies but then you have to load the database to start new game and/or find a free day on your fixture lists and then wait for that day to come round.

Wouldn't it be great to just dive right in for some extra pratice without waiting, or scheduling?

Semi Pro

Hi.
    I don't know if this has been brought forward already but I think it would be good if you could have:

-The ability to choose which season you start in. For example instead of starting in the 06/07 season, you begin in the 09/10 season. All the attributes/player retirements/winners of cups etc.. would be changed accordingly.
    -Also the ability to start a few seasons back with the correct teams/stats etc.. for example play the 00/01 season again.

or something like that.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 60 ... LastLast