Closed Thread
Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 11 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,100 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Third Team

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Quote Originally Posted by CMdan44 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
    women's football would be a nice addition.
    Love it (for some reason this was in the editor wishlist thread so i thought i'd bring it over)
    This could already be done if someone was to create a database with no male players and create all the female players and so on in the editor.

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Waddle View Post
    The option to be able to confirm substitutions right before they are made.

I've lost count of the amount of times I have made my last sub/s only for the play to continue for several more minutes and then a team score. IRL if this happened, I would have the option to change my mind about the subs I had wanted to make. It's so frustrating when I have decided to bring on an extra defender or DM player to defend a 1 goal lead, only for the opp to score before the subs happen and I am stuck with now defensive team and no more available subs.
    Agreed with this one, a right pain in the arse as well.

Also, squad numbers for international teams.

Amateur

-More pre-tournament international friendlies (i.e England played Mexico, Japan and Platinum Stars before this World Cup).
    -The ability to play club sides for internationals (i.e England-Platinum Stars)

Amateur

When I release a player for free, or when I sell a player, I'd like to be given a chance to say something to him.

For example:

1. thank xxx's great contribution to the club -- when Maldini left Milan
    2. wish xxx all the best -- normal players
    3. happy to see xxx's leave -- some players you disliked

Depending on the player's relationship with the club and controversy, he may reply or not.

Amateur

With the possibility in FM2010 to create lower leagues, it should be fine to add an option to disable some team status : for example, teams in the lowest league can only be amateur, where those in first league can only be professional. I hate when my team (and some others) become semi-professional in a league where IRL you can't be.

For this, I think a simple "three flag" system (For professional, semi-pro and amateur) should be added in the editor when we edit a league, which will let us choose between one or more the three status which will be available when playing this league.

Amateur

1. Being able to sort the unused players on the selection screen without mixing the selected players unto the list, eg sorting the unused players by position to make replacing a ML easier

2. A 'replacement order' for positions like the ordering for corner takers etc, so that if XX is injured the next guy in the list is automatically selected for that position.

3. More definition in the AssMans (and reserves/youth manager) job eg being responsible for selection/training/team talks/friendlies/matches/contracts/discipline/et al. Perhaps by being able to hire a 1st team coach/reserves coach/youth coach specifically for this...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by chippitychip View Post
    Hey guys,

A few suggestions:

1. Player Height and weight

These should be more dynamic and more influential. I don't know how many times I've had a 6 4 defender outjumped by a 5 7 winger just because they have similar jumping and heading stats.
    A 15 year old is not fully grown so his height should change as he gets older. Similarly, a player who is injured may put on weight or if a player is lazy and needs more long runs :-)

Maybe a dietician could be hired??

5. Training Ground

Manager should have some input. The board simply saying that they will improve training facilities isn't really enough. The facilities should be listed - indoor pitch, all weather running track, small/medium/large gym, small/medium/large medical centre, x-ray machine, AC Milan style oxygen tent!!!

7. Awards

More glitz and glamour, better summaries, more information on candidates
    These are 3 really good ideas and would be a great add to the game. To the first point I add one thing: now that there is the 3D match engine, it would be nice to notice some difference between a player more tall or big and another.

Semi Pro

Just to add some realism: National team compensation.

As an example, my third choice CB just went to the European U-19 championships and broke his leg against France, and is now out for 7 months. The Irish FA should pay at least some of his wages for the next 7 months.

Amateur

Can we please see a visible warning, if we win promotion from a tier where there are no Home Grown requirements into a division where there are HG requirements.

At present, tier's 7 and 6 in England are restriction free, but get promoted to tier 5 BSP and you suddenly need to add 4 HG players to your actual match squad.

Semi Pro

With regard to player heights and jumping, from what I have read this is being reworked a bit for FM11.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by bredin View Post
    1. Being able to sort the unused players on the selection screen without mixing the selected players unto the list, eg sorting the unused players by position to make replacing a ML easier

2. A 'replacement order' for positions like the ordering for corner takers etc, so that if XX is injured the next guy in the list is automatically selected for that position.

3. More definition in the AssMans (and reserves/youth manager) job eg being responsible for selection/training/team talks/friendlies/matches/contracts/discipline/et al. Perhaps by being able to hire a 1st team coach/reserves coach/youth coach specifically for this...
    Number 1 in your list can already be done.

Sort the players that are selected, then hold down the shift key and sort the players by position.

Amateur

thanks jod123!

Amateur

Reserve/U19 team manager: Being able to take charge of reserve/U19 team only. Just like Solskjaer in Man Utd, you are only able to use players from reserve team and play in reserve league, or use youth player only and play in U19 league. If you did well, you may be promoted to be the new manager when the previous manager leave the club. These jobs would be easier to apply when you are unemployed.

Amateur

Here's a few...

1. Dynamic MLS expansion, sort of like what you get with OOTP Baseball. From what I know, the MLS will be continually expanding beyond this season, so it'll be a good idea to include that in there.

2. Revamp the touchline instructions interface...how about assigning certain instructions, or allowing a manager to pre-program instructions to certain keys, say, F1 to get forward, F2 to work the ball in the box, etc.? Since my processor isn't really up to FM10's par, and I usually play with at least 8 nations and 15 leagues active, I often encounter early goals from the opposition because my touchline instructions don't register on time.

3. More detailed options to view squad harmony. It's one thing to see an assistant manager comment that so-and-so has problems blending in with the squad or so-and-so is having difficulty communicating on-field due to the language barrier during the game. But how about in non-game situations? It would be nice to easily see which players are disrupting dressing room harmony, instead of being "the last to know" when players complain to the press that the squad lacks harmony, blending, cohesion, or whatever you prefer to call it.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jod123 View Post
    Number 1 in your list can already be done.

Sort the players that are selected, then hold down the shift key and sort the players by position.
    OH THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been wondering this for so long.

Amateur

In La Liga the Sporting Director plays a major role in the running of the club. Its he who scouts players, approaches, negotiates and buys. Managers can request for certain players to which an SD can comply or go against. It is particularly tough for a manager with lower reputation when pitted against an influential SD. Often leads to conflict and signing of players which a manager may not want but is forced to play. In FM, the job of the manager and SD is done by the user. If the roles are separated things could get very interesting.

Very simply the user as a manager can request for certain players from the SD. The more reputation a manager has the greater influence he can exert over the purchase of players and signing of staff etc. In fact a high reputation manager may even have the ability to coax the Board to chose an SD of his liking. It shouldnt be so easy for a manager with low reputation. He should be able to do with what he is given. If conflicts arise (Which happens often irl) it can get very interesting. The morale of the player involved may dip or become unsettled. Other players can even get involved.

I know a lot of people might not like the above as they want total control. However FM should become as realistic as possible. And in real life when you are starting out or have little reputation you often wont have it your way. You just need to comply with the Sporting Director or earn the right to have a say

Amateur

I know its been covered in other threads before, (and i have'nt read this entire thread) but The chairman agreeing sales without talking with me .... Not the sale, I know its damned annoying bit i suppose thats football and it is his club afterall. WHat i really want is the option to throw a tantrum about it. My star defender was sold because the offer was too good to turn down, yet i had a pretty healthy bank balance and the club was making money, but what really annoyed me was the fact i couldnt burst into the chairman's offer yelling and screaming "Keep your nose out of the team or i'll walk!".

I Had a question about the sale in the next pre-match press conference, but none of the reply options accurately described my rage. I Really want to vent!

Amateur

I haven't read all the 61 pages, so i duno what has been said but oh well heres my suggestions:

1. After you have won a major game say rivalry (man utd vs liverpool) or won a cup/league, there should be an option where you can treat your players to a meal or night out or something which lets them know your pleased. This could also boost moral.

2. Getting towards the final games of the season before each game there should be an Up & Downs News report, stating which teams could get relegated, promoted or win a trophy. I think this would be a nice touch.

3. Like CM this year i think you should be able to create your own set-pieces and watch/develop them on the training ground & then select them during competitive games. I liked this feature on the CM demo.

4. I think you should be able to change your kits at the end of a season, instead of playing 4/5 seasons in the same old colors. It gets dull after a while. There shudnt be anything too complicated just something like on the editor where you change the kit, icon & text etc.

These are just my thoughts, hopefully they help or give you some ideas. Sorry if they have already been said.

Amateur

This is a thread I posted a minute ago that has had positive responses, I think it would be a good addition to the game: I hope someone at SI sees it!

Thought about this yesterday whilst playing as Southampton. I think it would be good if we could specify freekicks more specifically. Rickie Lambert has a 17 for FK taking but is also 6'2 and useful in the air. I want him taking FK's within 30 yards centrally where he can shoot but I don't want him taking FK's 40/50 yards out or on the wings. This also applies for Drogba, Beattie and probably many more. It would be good if we could specify, maybe by using a shaded area in the tactics screen, who we want taking free kicks and from where. What do you think?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by manutdfan4lyf View Post
    2. Getting towards the final games of the season before each game there should be an Up & Downs News report, stating which teams could get relegated, promoted or win a trophy. I think this would be a nice touch.
    This is a good idea... more media talk & questions as the season's end nears. Speculation and media chatter is always highest in the final few weeks.

Amateur

A special dlc or database for any major international competition, such as World Cup, with correct nationals, groups, squads, dates, stadium etc. And ofc a choice to pick those teams that qualify to that competition and starting our career like days or months before the competition starts (so that we could conduct a few friendlies).

Amateur

sorry if mentioned already, sure it has tbh... but the ability to offer a player back on loan when buying someone, i would thoroughly like... so u could sweeten the deal with clubs for their younger players, or the option to setup use of your training facilities or coaches perhaps to maybe assist the club (this would be more based on with feeder teams i would presume)....

edit: ability to lower your personal wage demands... and perhaps put clauses with the contract, i.e increase stadia or facilities etc...

also the ability to tell the board what you are intending to do with cups, so e.g if you were intending to use youth in one cup maybe... would only be applicable really with a successful manager...
    Last edited by methman99; 01-07-2010 at 22:24.

Amateur

On the results page for leagues each line reads:

POS TEAM SCORE:SCORE TEAM POS

How about an arrow beside the POS that shows if the team has moved up/down/nowhere as a result of the game.

Amateur
    I've been here since the insidetheweb.com days you know...

1. A better way to interact with your players, and removing the current system of commenting on form, as it is an exploitable cheat essentially that lifts morale easily and gets you as favoured personnel with all your players <-- Cheap, childish, cheat... Maybe player interaction doesn't have to involve morale at all, but the building up of relationships with manager?

2. In FM Editor, somebody's favourite or disliked rating is out of 100. I would like an indication of a favoured/disliked personnel how high it is... Example, if I have all my squad having me the manager as favourite personnel, surely I must have bonded with one player more than others?=, or is my relationship to them out of a fraction out of 100 exactly the same throughout? I need to know!

3. It is unfair, in all these FM games from now, that you get more information on a player who is not yours by doing a scout report, than you do from your own coach report, who sees the player day in day out on the field!! Coach reports should gradually reveal the hidden attributes of players and detail them... Tell us about ambition, professionalism, sportmanship.... tell us if you think the player is close to having favourite personnel with anotehr player or staff member, or if you feel he is close to having your club added as favourite personnel!

It is unfair that information you get on a scout report (Ex: Adaptable, relishes/thrives/enjoys big matches, fairly consistent/very consistent/inconcistsent performers) to be removed once the player signs for your club!

4. More details on Nations and Leagues, in order to personalise the manager experience from club-to-club and country-to-country. In Editor, you have something that says 'Importance of Football in Country and if it is a developed/developing country...

Why not add to that? List climate conditions, how that country would be adaptable (in my country Greece, rarely a player gets homesick or cannot adapt... most players love the life here and want to stay. In fact, many South American footballers repeat in interviews the same thing: "Life here reminds me of back home.. the climate, the people, the beaches)...

Talk about media scrutiny... in Greece, there are 15 sports daily newspapers and foreign managers often are surprised and point that out, and they also say pressure of managing in Greece is immense, due to intense media scrutiny.

Have a rating for supporters passion... and also a rating for how much influence supporters have on board... though in most clubs they may not have, in others, the fans can force a chairman/board to keep a plyer or sell a player if they like him/dislike him.

Have a rating for stadium atmosphere.... an Olympiacos Champions League home game is amazing, it is a far greater atmosphere than let's say, a game of the Greek national team... Whilst in England, the national team has always gotten immense support, and the atmosphere generated in England games, are often better than at club-level.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by neutral View Post
    A special dlc or database for any major international competition, such as World Cup, with correct nationals, groups, squads, dates, stadium etc. And ofc a choice to pick those teams that qualify to that competition and starting our career like days or months before the competition starts (so that we could conduct a few friendlies).
    Yup, that's a great one... I had previously suggested this several times... it is a great way to test tactics, as it is tournament-based... but to manage Maradona, Pele at various parts of their international careers, that would be something else...

If SI doesn't do this, could they please please please set the groundwork, for people who use the editors to be able to have this set-up? One of the greatest successes of this game is its dedicated community, and they would simply thrive on a project like this, as it would involve arguing player ratings at various parts of their career, ie. Maradona in 1990 would be different than Maradona in 1986 or 1994! It would be a pleasure just trying as a community to put player reports on ex-players....

Banned

When you ask for a scout report or coach report on a player they always compare the player to the best you have in that position. But if you have a world class player in that position, maybe even a Maradona level player, you know that no player is going to match up, which lessens the usefulness of the scout report.

What I would like to see is the scout saying that scouted player won't be the best in the world, but he could reach the level of whoever is you 2nd or 3rd best player in that position, so you could use the report to predict the sort of player the scouted prospect could become in comparison to the players you already have.

Amateur

Shocked if its not mentioned yet, but really dont have the energy to go through all pages.

I just won the CL with late winning goal. The final whistle comes and all my players decides "what the heck im tired, better toss off straight to the locker room". I want some kind of celebration no matter how the title comes, I want paper splinters being blown all over. Some kind of glam after effort like that This is a small thing but would juice it up a bit. And theres prolly already coming stuff like this as theyve now getting the 3D running better.

Banned

I would like to be able to delay naming a permanent captain until I've been in the job a little while, rather than being forced by the game to decide straight away.

Amateur
    False 9. Played:8, Won:4, Drawn:2, Goals:3, Assists:3

This could already be done if someone was to create a database with no male players and create all the female players and so on in the editor.
    well, i beg to differ Jodi, you can't actually make female players, only staff, once you select player from the "person type" list, the "female" tick box disappears, plus using the editor wouldn't be quite the same would it? this was an idea for expanding the current game not creating a whole new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman21 View Post
    One simple thing: On the records page of a competition, a small line showing the player with the most goals scored in that competition / and another line with the player with the most apps in that competition.

For example in Champions League, who's the overall top scorer right now ? Raul (real madrid) ?
    Good one. Although I hope that they'd include a top ten scorers list of the (top) competitions. Maybe even a list of the top active scorers.

Amateur

well, i beg to differ Jodi, you can't actually make female players, only staff, once you select player from the "person type" list, the "female" tick box disappears, plus using the editor wouldn't be quite the same would it? this was an idea for expanding the current game not creating a whole new game.
    Pointless making a female version of the game. Can you imgine how bad their attributes would be.

If you are going to have a female database you may as well create a database for the homeless association and blind association.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by scoot4nat View Post
    Pointless making a female version of the game. Can you imgine how bad their attributes would be.

If you are going to have a female database you may as well create a database for the homeless association and blind association.
    Little unfair there scoot

Semi Pro

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=216138

The idea of asking the board for a B team when your spanish side is improving

Amateur

These points of mine are based on career games.

I'd really like to see more attention paid to us from other clubs when our contract is expiring, especially if we're currently doing a good job and keeping our board happy. Maybe the media would spot that we have yet to sign a new contract, then other clubs from that division or even similar rep foreign clubs might be interested like they would be for a player who could go away on a free transfer at the end of the season.
    I'd love to get multiple job offers and then having to make a decision whether to stay or move on.

I also think it would be realistic if we were to get job offers coming from leagues where you have previously worked in and have had some success even if you're not from that country (maybe knowing the language should have a lot to do with it). Managers tend to stay popular in countries years after leaving....a good example would be Christoph Daum. Although he's German he's very popular in Turkey and has worked there on a few occasions.

Any thoughts?

Banned

Have the media make a big deal out of big name players who flop, and have the tag follow them for the rest of their career. Also players should have different reputations in different countries.

Semi Pro
    I'm in the hall of shame in FM08 - most goals scored by a relegated team - 101

I'd like to be told when my club will allow me extra staff as on more then one occasion I've discovered that I can hire more staff.

Amateur

i am getting realy realy fed up with managers from other teams heaping praises on some of my players, i´m not a high repped team, and i have managed to get some very impressive players while they where young and now i have fx the boss of lyon praising one of my players every month. now this is happening to alot of my players and i think its because of my teams rep, and that could maybe need a fix, but what i´m hateing most is that i cant respond, i want to tell them to stop talking about my players, i want to be able to report them for tapping up my players, and i want my chairman to step in and threat these teams with "reporting" them for tapping up in the media.

another thing and i think this is maybe nto a feture .. but a fix .. i´m in the prem but low repped .. and my players are valued very very low .. even if its the best player in the prem.

Banned

watching the documentary on Italia '90 and the amazing effects that even a losing world cup campaign there could be more manager/player descriptions like legendary world cup winning midfielder/manager etc

I dont think the game reflects enough the world changing effect winning a world cup can have on a persons life/career. plus also it would be good to see fans hark back to previous triumphs/players/managers when the current team are failing.

Amateur

In addition to things I have mentioned before was wondering whether it would be possible to implement:

> The ability to have a scout re-scout your "short-list" say every 6, 12 months (preferably user defined) so that the recommendations are relevant to where you are. I often have players on my short-list from when I was 2 divisions lower who would now not help me at all.

> A button on scout reports to remove them from your short-list (and by doing so unsubscribe) rather than having to go into the players menu to do so

> Some form of Programme Notes that the media picks up on in pre-match preparations - might include reaction to a previous game, the opposition manager/team + any comments they have made, the season so far / hopes for the remainder of the season, Up-coming big games etc etc

> The option to sign "first option" deals for young players (Everton have done this today)

> More of an option around when you buy a player. Some countries have rules on U18's however as an alternative to Buying and then loaning back (which I am sure will be implemented some time) you could also say we'll sign them in x years (long option than the "end of the season" one in the game presently.) I am sure some big clubs like Man Utd have done this and would stop youngsters just ending up in the reserves.

> The ability to withdraw players from international duty who are (orange) injured / just back after a long injury - not sure how this would be done technically however players are often "unavailable" at the advice of physios/club doctors without it being a major drama between manager and player

> The ability to give those players on international duty over the summer (i.e. a world cup) a later pre-season start

> Fan's views on teams to be more realistic - if your goalkeeper has 1 bad game I doubt many fans would be calling for the un-used back-up to play next week - I could accept it if it was after 5 or 6 but not 1

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jeesh View Post
    In La Liga the Sporting Director plays a major role in the running of the club. Its he who scouts players, approaches, negotiates and buys. Managers can request for certain players to which an SD can comply or go against. It is particularly tough for a manager with lower reputation when pitted against an influential SD. Often leads to conflict and signing of players which a manager may not want but is forced to play. In FM, the job of the manager and SD is done by the user. If the roles are separated things could get very interesting.

Very simply the user as a manager can request for certain players from the SD. The more reputation a manager has the greater influence he can exert over the purchase of players and signing of staff etc. In fact a high reputation manager may even have the ability to coax the Board to chose an SD of his liking. It shouldnt be so easy for a manager with low reputation. He should be able to do with what he is given. If conflicts arise (Which happens often irl) it can get very interesting. The morale of the player involved may dip or become unsettled. Other players can even get involved.

I know a lot of people might not like the above as they want total control. However FM should become as realistic as possible. And in real life when you are starting out or have little reputation you often wont have it your way. You just need to comply with the Sporting Director or earn the right to have a say
    This. Maybe it could be implemented sort of like when you choose a new feeder team. You could give the director a shortlist of players you want to sign and then he can tell you which ones he will be able to sign, so you can choose a couple ones depending on your budget and how much they will cost. The same could be done for selling players, you could tell your director which players you want to sell and they will try to find a new team for them.

Another thing that I would like to be done is that you can start at any team and sell a bunch of players and practically buy a new team, then go on and win everything in the first season with a team that could barely challenge title. I doubt that a lot of chairmen would give a new manager in his first job total control of transfers and wages. Maybe this could be done like with feeder clubs where the longer you stay at a club the more control you have when choosing transfers with the sporting director system mentioned above.

I would like to see implemented squad selection before traveling for an away match, so that you must choose which players to take, and have travelling effects on these players. At the moment there is no visible change in condition over playing home or away matches.

Also please fix transfers, if a player is extremely interested in joining my team, there should be some compliance from the other team to the players wishes, and negotiate on a reasonable fee for the player, as I think happens in real life. So I would say either fix the player's interest in joining other teams or make teams negotiate for a reasonable price for both parties when a player wants to go to another team.
    Last edited by ColdVersion; 04-07-2010 at 21:06.

Amateur

Interaction
    - Most intra-club interaction should happen behind closed doors. If a player whines to the media, it should be a big deal, not just some second string nobody complaining about not getting enough game time.
    - More interaction options with our own players, such as figuring out what sort of role they want to play on the pitch (not necessarily what they're most skilled at, but they may try harder if given something they like) and what training they enjoy/dislike. We need to be able to be proactive in talking to disgruntled players, and could do with more options (eg. "The clubs interested you right now will be more likely to see you play in the Championship than the Champion's League. Why not stay a while longer and impress the really big clubs?", "I'd love to give you a new contract but I just don't have the money right now").
    - More interaction between fans, players and board at the club without involving the manager. Players should be more upset at the board for selling stars and the fans agree with the board way too often.
    - More interaction options with international managers, especially in relation to trying to get your players called up. Also, have managers within the same international team actually talk to each other (in my game, the Ireland boss came to watch my U21 match to check out some players without bothering to talk to me).
    - More interaction options with chairmen, such as asking them not to accept bids for certain star players and getting more longer term objectives.
    - Club's favourite staff should stay in the game a lot longer even if they don't take up a staffing role. Perhaps they can become a pundit, or merely be a "retired player". Those with the description "retired player" would make media comments as they do now, as well as turn up to inspire the team every so often by reciting tales of the good ol' days. Since we don't like people dying, they can "retire from public life" when they're too old and then take no more part in the game.
    - More interaction options with refs. Tell the media before the game that the ref should keep an eye out for the other team's tough tackling or that you hope the ref will respect the fans' desire to watch a free flowing game of football. Tell the media after the game that we could do with an extra ref on the pitch, that the time for new technology is now, or heck, that the ref actually did a good job.
    - Comment on the other team playing dirty. It's always irked me that I'll lose 4 players in a game yet can't make a single comment about how the opposition were out to cause injuries.
    - Change press conferences to display a complete list of questions, which by default you provide generic answers to (since that's what most managers do). You then choose which questions you want to provide real answers to.

Tactics
    This needs a revamp, since saving everything under the one tactic has become rather unwieldy. I'd like to see it split into:
    - Team tactics - Everything it has now, minus set piece instructions.
    - Position instructions - What it has now, but it would be useful to be able to save these separately from the team tactics. If I find a set of instructions that work really well for a particular position, I'd like to be able to load that into my team tactics directly instead of having to manually set it for each of my saved team tactics.
    - Player specific instructions - An extra layer of tactics that override position instructions. The oft quoted usage is players swapping wings while retaining the same role. This would ideally be saved with the player so that we don't have to keep changing tactics to accomodate players with different long shot abilities (for example).
    - Corner instructions - Something that should be saved separate from team tactics. Instead of the current practice of having to deal with each player on separate screens and then setting the corner taker on yet another one, all of this should be settable on the one screen so that it's easier to keep track of who's going where. There should be separate instructions for left and right corners.
    - Free kick instructions - This would be separate from both tactics and corners. Again, everything should be on the one screen. Perhaps split up into different parts of the pitch, with option to default to using corner instructions if delivering from a similar position.

Matches
    - Team talks need a lot more detail, as the current list is far too generic. I should be angry at poor defending, angry at wayward shooting or angry at not smashing a semi-professional team by double digits rather than just generic angry. I should sympathise with the players for coming up against better opposition, bad refereeing or random beach balls rather than provide generic sympathy. I'd also like to be pleased with one aspect but unhappy about another. Lastly, I'd like the possibility of drafting in a former club favourite to do the team talk before a big game.
    - An option for even shorter highlights, showing only the last few passes leading up to a shot on goal.
    - Better replay of contentious decisions. The critical moments should be shown in slow motion and a line drawn to show whether a player was offside (perhaps this last only for televised games).

Transfers, scouting and searching
    - Staff shortlist.
    - Option to not automatically add scouted players to my shortlist. A lot of the time, I'm scouting a player merely to see his stats.
    - Hide players that you have no business knowing about. An obscure playing for an obscure club in an obscure league should be effectively non-existant to managers on the other side of the world. You would need a really good scout to find such a player, while a lesser one would only give you reports on those who are fairly well known. There should then have fewer occurances of heaps of big clubs all bidding for the same 17 year old playing in a local Latvian league.
    - Opposition scouting needs to be enhanced, with details like who will be expected to line up rather than just preferred formations and how they actually defend/attack instead of "They have an organised defense and fast strikers".
    - Less whining about moving to a bigger club. I signed a few players during the January transfer window, played them for a dozen games, and now they're all hankering for moves to bigger clubs (often someone just a couple of positions above me on the table).
    - Scout reports should compare to players with similar abilities in that position, not your best player in that position ("John Smith has the potential to play at a similar level to your third best striker Joe Citizen").

International
    - Keep players in senior/U21/U19 teams even if they are called up by one of the other teams rather than simply disappearing without a message. When they are chosen for a more senior team that is playing at the same time, they should be flagged as unavailable.
    - Automatically fill national pool with all available known players, and automatically remove those who are no longer eligible.

Other game play
    - Ability to move players to another training schedule for a set amount of time.
    - Players who achive worldwide reputation should retain it for life.

Interface
    - All confirmation dialogs should come with check boxes to disable them in future. This includes the "Do you want to save this tactic/search filter/some other thing?" confirmation dialogs.
    - Enable selection of multiple tactic/training files to import instead of having to go through them one by one.
    - I think that the depth of submenus is excessive. Personally, I prefer to see longer menus, as it doesn't require as much control of the mouse to get what I want. While I can see some merit in grouping things into submenus as done now, I would like to see some of the commonly used actions (eg. call up to national squad, add to shortlist, offer new contract) return to the main context menu. Ideally, this would be customisable in game.

Fun but unnecessary
    - For each competition and nation, have tables of the top 10 (or some other number of your choosing) players with most appearances and most goals.
    - World records.
    - Biographies for coaching staff and maybe even refs.
    - More players other than strikers becoming club favourites.
    - Acknowledgement of long serving players and managers taking part in their last match for the club or nation.

Third Team

- Automatically fill national pool with all available known players, and automatically remove those who are no longer eligible.

Would definitely support that, along with a fair few of those opinions lins

Semi Pro

I'd like to see Analysis expanded over a set period of games.
    I'd also like to be able to watch one player throughout a match particularly if i'm a national team manager or a loan player but also when trying to tweak a players position.

Amateur

I've seen lots of guys got a new stadium of which the capacity is over 100k after years. This is somehow unrealistic. According to wikipedia(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ms_by_capacity), only 5 stadia now have capacity of 100k or more. None of them belong to a club.

Also, I think, though I'm not sure, FM2010 allows you to build a big new stadium even if your club is in a small town which is also unrealistic. In my opinion, you should not be allowed to build a stadium of which the capacity is more than half of the population of the city. The only exception in my mind is Hoffenheim's 30000 seat stadium in a town with 3000 people.

Amateur

It would be nice to be able to change your players from the player ratings screen instead of having to go into tactics and lose crucial time

Banned

If you've clicked to make a substitution and then you score, or something happens to change things it would be nice to be able to cancel the sub before he comes on.

Amateur

I think some focus should also be given to US the managers.ATM there is no incentive to ask for better wage or to move from one team to another because they offer more money.Something should be done to make money have more weight and some real value to make this also less abused.ATM i think 90% of all people playing use the least possible ammount on a contract to have more money for wages.The "Other" game offers you the opportunity to buy different staff with money.We should think something better to put money to good use.

Maybe using money to take lessons to improve mental,tactical stats ?

Also i think Managers should be able to train the team in some sections.I mean most of the Tactical training happens by Managers and not some random coaches.I can understand having goalkeeping coach or physical training coaches or even attacking/defending coaches.But tactical definately happens by assistant and manager.

Amateur

A way to cancel touch line shouts without having to go to the match engine

Amateur

Only a cosmetic thing, dynamic betting odds which change all season. For instance

Norwich this past season

Start of season: 3-1
    Colchester 7-1 Loss: 5-1
    Leeds 8 points clear: 14-1
    Caught up with leeds: 3-1
    8 points clear: evens
    Then when it seemed inconceivable that they could be caught betting was suspended.

Wouldn't offer you as the manager any help would just be nice to know what the press thought of your chances after losing 4 consecutive games against relegation candidates or after beating a favourite.

Amateur

I've just started getting into FML, and would love to see an opportunity to start an academy elsewhere in the world.

It would work on the same premise as the feeder club system; you request that the board open up an academy in say China, Brazil, U.S.A. or wherever. The higher your rep, the more detailed you can be in where you want to go (just like the feeder)

So the first season, you don't get much of a choice; manage in England with minor finances, you get the UK. As you progress, you're allowed Europe, Asia wherever, and if you manage to get the top of a club (more incentive to stay with one club during your career) you can go anywhere in the world you want (How many will be racing to get to Brazil?)

Also, the other benefit would be that international management would improve. Imagine being the manager at Chelsea with a virtually unlimited amount of financial resources but also manage say China, who aren't known as a world superpower in football. Maybe you use your influence to fund an academy to develop football in China and suddenly you're competing with the likes of Germany, Holland and many other nations on an international scale.

This could potentially make long term saves as well as international management even more enticing. What do you all think?

Third Team

I would like old skin...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    I would like old skin...
    I second that

Third Team

That is true and there would be a few slight strange things i.e. the players would be addressed as he's. I wouldn't mind that tbh as it is minor to me. Newgens would be a problem though as they would have male names.

It would be pointless having it in the game at the same time with the male world of football as they don't interact. You might as well put futsal or some other variation of football in the game. Not that I am against it, I am just saying the best way is to have it as a separate database and guess what the basic function of the editor is - creating databases.

Amateur

Some tweaks i would like to see include:

Continue with the improvements made in the press conferences, i know it must be hard but at the moment they are just too repetative.
    Improved odds for league/cup, as someone says above would be nice for them to dynamicly change rather than me set at the start of the season and never see again.
    Improve how club reputaion effects how your performances/results are seen by the press, fans and board.
    Stop people being able to sign players and spread the whole cost over 48months, or at least only accept realistic ones.
    Continue to improve player interaction.
    To be able to interact with players during the game, along the lines of the team shouts, we could have player specific ones, like carm down if it looks like a player is going to be sent off.

Those are the ones i can remember at the moment, i have loads but cant remember them at the moment.

Reserves

i'd like to be able to interact with a player after you sub him off, incase he has had a howler and i wanna reassure him/slate him, or if a player is sent off, maybe injuries, but the others most definately. just an idea i wanna be able to yell at players gettin sent off and know they are bricking it x)

Amateur

I know many of you are for the chairman option, and many of you (especially the FM creators) are against it. But clearly contracts and finances should mean something in the game, so I just thought of a compromise.
    What if when you have earned lots of money ect and had played the game for a certain amount of years, you should be allowed to retire and take up the option to buy a club (obviously only being to allowed to buy clubs at their value (cue clubs estimated value in info screen). Now this is FM, so you shouldn't be allowed to actually run the club, but you should be allowed to create another manager and manage that club. You could then start with a team in the higher leagues, get lots of money and then use that money at a club who may be struggling financially or in a low league. This could make the games enjoyment last much longer, and would incorporate the rich owner option that was on previous games, but only if it has been earned.
    --Or if they cant be bothered to make a virtually useless mode they could always just have an achievements page, and a bar (ala confidence bars) with trophies, how much fans and chairmen were happy with you from each club (give a better sense of accomplishment for getting into the prem with Worcester than winning the Champions League with Barca for instance), a bar to illustrate your rep worldwide (Perfect manager for accomplishing everything, not just winning the champions league but also two promotions with one team as well as winning a continental and world competition), and of course, a bar for how rich you are.

And maybe use your link with Teamtalk.com to have a virtual front page of their website that shows you world news and rumors at the time, that would really enhance the media side of the game.

In the style of the press conferences (which need to be updated!!), managers should be involved in the team meetings and answer questions from the players about their issues. Players should also be able to see you, or you should be able to ask to see them about their problems to maintain a smooth running of the club. By doing this you could become their favored personnel, giving real meaning behind this term.

Agree with the change in expectations if you join a club throughout the season. I have once joined a club that were bottom of the league by 10 points with ten games to go, kept them up on the last day of the season, and have still been sacked!

And finally mind games, maybe if you do the right mind game at the right time you can really affect the other team who are on good form, but can backfire and if they win and you lose your teams morale drastically drops (*cough* Rafa, Keegan ect)

Thats all I can think of now, but I'll come back at some later point. I'll expect a job offer from SI in the morning

Amateur

Please increase the difficulty, because this game is too easy, you can win everything in 3 years
    and make the transfers more realistic

Amateur

That is true and there would be a few slight strange things i.e. the players would be addressed as he's. I wouldn't mind that tbh as it is minor to me. Newgens would be a problem though as they would have male names.

It would be pointless having it in the game at the same time with the male world of football as they don't interact. You might as well put futsal or some other variation of football in the game. Not that I am against it, I am just saying the best way is to have it as a separate database and guess what the basic function of the editor is - creating databases.
    aaah, now i see where you were going, and i admit it was an ambitious ask anyway, hiring extra researchers and sortin out all that what you said there would probly be way too much, but actually there is some interaction (not much i'll admit) like every few years we get some south american team trying to sign a woman or Hope Powell being linked with a lower league managerial job.
    Would think that it'll happen eventually, even if not on FM.
    and i do realise i'm in danger of taking this thread severely off-topic so unless someone actually wants to start a thread about this issue, this'll be the last i'll say about it. Lovin evry1s suggestions btw

Amateur

(1) For the United Kingdom is it possible to add in something like multimap so that when playing friendlies/tournaments you know exactly where you are going. It would add to the realism.

(2) I asked for the graphical playing element for a number of years and was absolutely delighted when Sports Interactive implemented this. To enrich this further could the pitch editor be released for the amateur artists out there. I'm thinking of the success games such as 'Railworks' have had. It would be good to see the different grounds/pitches. I use an altered version of the game which allows you to play the reserves for example against Scottish amateur clubs. Whilst I was watching the action unfold I thought it would be good to have realistic pitches. The people who look after the clubs on behalf of Sports Interactive can say yes or no to uploading a pitch/stadium for general release. There is certainly the artists out there as I mentioned with other games. They undertake this work for nothing because it looks good on their cv.

(3) I still want the realistic crowd chants to be made available. The last time I asked for this I received complaints from people (take your pick) not wanting racism/homophobia/swearing etc. Could we not just add the songs which are non offensive? I'd like to hear Beautiful Sunday sometimes belting out midgame whilst viewing the highlights.

(4) Advertising within game on the pitch. It amazes me that Sports Interactive do not have a advertising company running this. The advertising could be team specific which means that advertising could come from anywhere in the world. I'd personally like to see Sports Interactive/Sega award these contracts to small companies though. Give new business a chance. For example I manage Dundee Utd so I would like to see some local advertising from my home city of Dundee. Real clubs could use this to their advantage advertising full and half season tickets/hospitality etc. If of course you manage Barcelona and cannot read the spanish advertising then you were supposed to learn spanish lol.

(5) Team talks need to be massively overhauled. What about trialling an engine that understands what players type in.

(6) Training needs to be massively overhauled. I asked a few years back about allowing AI coaches to implement training and to include the training/managerial badges.

I still remember picking up the very first Championship Manager and love the latest version of Football Manager. I'm looking forward to the new one - even though Everton not long ago beat me 8-1 on aggregate within the qualifying stage grrrr. That is me for ideas this time round!

Amateur

Team talks - make them more relevant to the situation,
    eg if you make 8 changes to the starting line-up, rather than being asked whether to say "I'll make a small change" or "changes are unlikely", (the same options whether you've kept the same starting 11 for 10 matches running or never had the same 11 in a season) instead ask:
    "You made 8 changes to your first 11 before your previous match,
    -are we likely to see a similar number today?" or
    -was this a one-off or will you be looking to rotate regularly?" or
    -what warranted such a change in personnel, were you unhappy with the previous performance or was it just normal rotation?"
    Similarly, if you've kept the same XI, the questions could be based on that (ie will others get an opportunity etc) rather than always having the same question to answer.

This would make teamtalks less repetitive and tempt people to actually give different answers to very similar questions, depending on the situation, whereas now no matter what the situations is, only one or two answers ever look valid!

Another example is the discipline question - instead of always asking the same question whether you have the most or fewest red cards, so the only answer you can possibly give is to hope they keep their discipline, why not
    if your side has a poor record, ask "are you concerned about the lack of discipline?"
    or if your side has a good record, ask "do you think there's a danger of your side being bullied?" etc...

so many possibilities...!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SmithRDFC View Post
    Only a cosmetic thing, dynamic betting odds which change all season. For instance

Norwich this past season

Start of season: 3-1
    Colchester 7-1 Loss: 5-1
    Leeds 8 points clear: 14-1
    Caught up with leeds: 3-1
    8 points clear: evens
    Then when it seemed inconceivable that they could be caught betting was suspended.

Wouldn't offer you as the manager any help would just be nice to know what the press thought of your chances after losing 4 consecutive games against relegation candidates or after beating a favourite.
    Totally agree - would also help the media's view on who should win a game and in turn hopefully address the stupid situation where your fans are happy with a poor draw at home to a poor team but unhappy with a slight loss to one of the big teams!

Would like to see the whole "reputation" aspect looked at. Over time teams reputations change due to success/failure however despite poor seasons the biggest teams will still be considered perennial favourites I.e. Liverpool will still be considered for the top 4 next year despite having done SFA for several years. In my game I have rightly got my teams reputation up due to success but IMO too quickly - if a small team started winning things it would take several seasons for them to be considered favourites over the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and the like because the media, the public and the gambling establishments would still expect the usual suspects to bring things back to normal in the following seasons

Oh and also can you readdress the fact that Man City are always considered the favourites for the league season despite not having won it (even before my team got to the point of challenging for the EPL!)

Amateur

Friendlies - I like the steps made to improve the selection of these but can you go further. I would like to be able to tell my assistant the schedule I want and the types of clubs I want to play - i.e week 1 of preseason I want to play 2 local sides away with a minimum of a day between games, week 2 I want to step up and play a non league / lower league club away. Week 3 I want a tour / training camp with 2 games, week 4 - and so on. For those wanting to do it manually I agree with those who have asked for more geography to be brought in especially for smaller clubs who probably can't afford to go half way around the UK for a game.

Transfers - I wont add to the plethora of requests for this to be improved because I am sure SI are well aware of these recommendations. My main grievance about transfers is that when you have a successful club your younger (U28) players are ALWAYS wanted and I guess that's understandable but when they hit that age (stroke hit their potential I assume) no one wants them. Now maybe the biggest teams don't see the value in paying loads for a player at his peak (though I would argue that clubs do buy current ability not just potential) but lower level clubs WOULD ABSOLUTELY want these players as they are better than what they have currently. The amount of times I struggle to sell players for cash when they are still capable of playing at a high level is ridiculous

Less staff transfers - maybe these are handled quietly IRL but there just seems to be too much movement IMO

Tactics - I love the new way of building tactics but it would be nice to see this expanded to general rules around what you want the team to do with and without the ball, dead ball situations and so on

Training - can you implement something better than the current system - and in building schedules for players a system similar to the tactics creator would be good. IMO the current system underplays a major part of a manager's responsibility. Yes some will hand all this to coaches (and there are options to do this in the game) but for those who want to be more hands on they should have more options. I also feel that feedback from training (especially as a new manager at a club and during pre-season) is no where near enough

Amateur

Friendlies - I like the steps made to improve the selection of these but can you go further. I would like to be able to tell my assistant the schedule I want and the types of clubs I want to play - i.e week 1 of preseason I want to play 2 local sides away with a minimum of a day between games, week 2 I want to step up and play a non league / lower league club away. Week 3 I want a tour / training camp with 2 games, week 4 - and so on. For those wanting to do it manually I agree with those who have asked for more geography to be brought in especially for smaller clubs who probably can't afford to go half way around the UK for a game.

Transfers - I wont add to the plethora of requests for this to be improved because I am sure SI are well aware of these recommendations. My main grievance about transfers is that when you have a successful club your younger (U28) players are ALWAYS wanted and I guess that's understandable but when they hit that age (stroke hit their potential I assume) no one wants them. Now maybe the biggest teams don't see the value in paying loads for a player at his peak (though I would argue that clubs do buy current ability not just potential) but lower level clubs WOULD ABSOLUTELY want these players as they are better than what they have currently. The amount of times I struggle to sell players for cash when they are still capable of playing at a high level is ridiculous

Less staff transfers - maybe these are handled quietly IRL but there just seems to be too much movement IMO

Tactics - I love the new way of building tactics but it would be nice to see this expanded to general rules around what you want the team to do with and without the ball, dead ball situations and so on

Training - can you implement something better than the current system - and in building schedules for players a system similar to the tactics creator would be good. IMO the current system underplays a major part of a manager's responsibility. Yes some will hand all this to coaches (and there are options to do this in the game) but for those who want to be more hands on they should have more options. I also feel that feedback from training (especially as a new manager at a club and during pre-season) is no where near enough

Amateur

I think you could do a lot in the international game, off the top of my head I can think of 4 things.

B internationals and friendly realism as I'd like to call up a few uncapped players and not be accused of dropping all my big stars.

The chance of justifying to a player why you have asked him to come out of retirement instead of being told automatically no!

Dual nationals, a manager should be allowed to convinve a player to change allegiance or not to bother "waiting for a chance with...".

Declared for nation, I understand the cap rule but for players who haven't a cat in hell's chance of being capped at any level why are they banned from naturalising themselves.

Amateur

A 3d view from the bench!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Crb1986 View Post
    I agree. This should be an integral part of the game. When asked about a dubious penalty which has been awarded - now you have the perfect excuse for not seeing it clearly. This could now even be added into the team talks :-)

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Crb1986 View Post
    I agree with this. Also it would nice if they improve interactions between the manager....and everyone else.

Third Team

My idea is simply this. Have you ever wanted to have, lets say your strikers swap positions but you couldn't because they play different roles or you have given them separate set piece instructions?

I want to be able to give specific players instructions that stick with them even as they swap positions.

Example: My old valencia save with Villa and Zigic. I have zigic as a target man with little creative freedom, no free role, and rarely dribbling. Villa, on the other hand, is a trequartista with max creative freedom, dribbling often, a free role...pretty much the license to do anything. Also lets say zigic is also told to go back and defend corners by marking a tall opposition player.

Now if I want these players to swap positions up front, it hurts me twice. First on offense, Zigic now has tons of creative freedom and dribbling....which he cannot do. Villa has no freedom, no free role, and now has to hold up the ball which he does not have the strength to do.
    Now on defense it means that Villa would go back and mark the opposition's tall player....lets just hope Im not playing Spurs that day.

It would be nice if player instructions stuck to a player instead of the position. I want my instructions to stick to David Villa instead them sticking to the FCr spot.
    Last edited by aderow; 11-07-2010 at 02:50.

Amateur

Just a small, simple thing to include:

During a game, if one of my players gets a minor injury and plays on, I would like to view a Physio report of what the injury is (i.e. pulled hamstring, twisted ankle instead of the current 'has a potential leg injury' - what does that tell me?!) and whether he thinks it is worth keeping him on, like a percentage chance of the player finishing the game. I know the condition percentage gives a vague indication of this, but I've lost count of the number of times I've brought off a star player because of an injury that miraculously disappears after I bring him off.

Amateur

Suggestion for interaction with players:
    -The ability to explain why you chose to get rid of one of your players in more detail... For example, in my current PAOK game, I signed a Bahraini international Mohammed Salmeen, who is a good player with a driven personality, but I want to sell him now, as he is away on international duty far too much... Hence, I would like to say something like after selling the player or in a detailed end of season interview round-up something along the lines of "Salmeen is a good/great/one of the best players I have worked with, I think his performances at his time at PAOK were poor/average/satisfactory/good/great, and the media underestimated/overestimated his performances." If the player left on good terms, a message along the lines of "Player x enjoyed his time in Greece and at PAOK, and wishes the club the very best after departing on mutual terms today. "I love Greece and would consider playing for another Greek club" or "I am looking for a move in Europe" or "It's time I return home".

If a player performed well and was popular with the fans, the fans would release an official thank you, as well...

Or, if an important name signed, x amount of fans would go to the airport to greet the club's latest big signing.

Amateur

-Let's say you are playing a League game and next match you are playing EURO/Champions League, I would like to know, before my league match, an icon to appear next to the player's name to announce that he will be suspended in the game after the next match. This way, if you are using a squad rotation policy, you know which players you can keep on the pitch the whole 90 minutes, if they will be suspended for the midweek game 3/4 days later.

Semi Pro
    I enjoy farting when I'm in a lift, which is wrong on so many levels

The changes I would like to see will improve the experience of turning a small club into a big club, which I know a lot of FMers do.

The first change that needs to be made are Season and Match Day Tickets. I turned Fulham (admittedly not the smallest club) into the biggest team in the world. But the ticket prices didn't change at all, despite building a new stadium and winning the EPL and ECL several times. I understand that it might be hard to implement the changing of ticket prices, but I feel this is an important issue that needs to be addressed in order to maintain realism.

The second change is rather similar. Sponsorship deals. In the same Fulham save, my sponsorship deals rose greatly, but still didn't reflect that of the biggest club in the world, and the time it would take for the sponsorship income to match that of Man Utd and R. Madrid would be a lifetime. In all my FMing experience, the only new deals I've seen appear in game are related to new stadiums, and I think that SI needs to look at clubs striking multiple sponsorship deals.

Amateur

I would like si to fix all the crash dump errors and the stupid "football manager 2010 is dangerously low on memory" errors so i can play the game properly

Amateur

I'd like to see the ability to go on holiday, but to automatically return for things that cannot be returned too such as ; choosing your capting, deciding the size of the pitch, submitting team lists for registration, setting achievements for season etc etc

It frustrates me immensely to holiday to the first game of a season, only to realise i forgot to change the pitch size, and some of my player aren't registered!

Semi Pro

I'd like to see a stat that tells you how many away fans you take to away games and the other way round for the visiting team when they play you.

Semi Pro

Seeing how it's transfer season right now IRL, I've noticed that there is a distinct lack of anything spectacular amongst the transfer rumours in game. I look at the news and see completely ridiculous things every day. I want to see some absolutely ridiculous things. I've only seen one that I remember distinctly.

It was a network game with a friend that claimed he was interested in purchasing Luka Modric for a sum of 74m GBP. Given he was Everton, not sure that one's happening...

Amateur
    Farnborough, Inventor of the patented 1-4-5 formation.

I know that it's not possible to move saved games between different FM versions at the mo but I'd like to think that some sort of backwards compatibility is something SI are looking into in the near future.

Once again, when the new version of FM comes out in a few months, I'll have to bin the old save and start afresh to play the new version.

Part-Timer

I think it'd be pretty cool to have club carreer stats and whatnot aswell if you click International/professional footballer etc.

If you I can already have "played" 87 times and scored 30 for England, why not have club history? I'm sure its not hard to build in.

Amateur

more depth in the youth level of the game

big clubs have a lot mroe than 1st reserve and u19 sides i want to be starting to mould my team at 12 and 13 yrs of age spotting gems and have the press and fans talking about this young starlet coming up etc

happened with rooney for years and the likes of John Fleck at rangers both getting a lot of interest a good few years before they made their first team debuts

Amateur

I would like to see the option to turn off all interaction, so you are no longer bothered with press conferences, team talks etc. I know a lot of players want more interaction, but some don't, so why not serve them all. If you can choose to play the game with or without interaction.

Amateur

I dunno if its been mentioned but ive put in another thread improved interaction with the board,for example in my case the board sold one of the players for cheap inproved interaction such as letting them know you arent happy or issuing an ultimatum.

Amateur

More player power. Whether it's a good thing for the sport is surely irrelevant. Nowadays, contrary to what Sir Alex seems to think, some players are bigger than their clubs. For example, as soon as Ronaldo said he wanted to leave, it was only a matter of time before he was packing his bags. The mere fact that Sir Alex got another season out of him is seen as an achievement. In Football Manager, these kinds of things normally blow over when in real life, when someone declares they want to go, the relationship with the club becomes all but untenable.

Furthermore, it's been mentioned before, but players should come to you and request that they play in a certain position, or that someone else plays in the team with them. For example, the rumour that surrounded the England team at the World Cup in 1990 (with the sweeper system) and at Euro 2004 (with the flat 4-4-2, or diamond midfield. There are also more recent examples, such as when Gerrard was rumoured to be talking to Capello about playing 'in the hole' as opposed to wide on the left, and John Terry's infamous declaration that Joe Cole should play against Slovenia in World Cup 2010.

Whether you, as the manager, follow these recommendations is up to you, but your decisions could have an impact on team morale and, subsequently, performances on the pitch.

Amateur

first time poster and 8 beers under the belt, here goes.
    1/ i would like to have a rpg element involved in your progression as a manager, where you can allocate points every year to certain stats. All other managers seem to be able to coach except you, or may have man management or motivating quite high. I would love to be able to develop myself as a manager as well as my team.
    2/ Better player interaction, there are many posts about this and i agree.
    3/ Better tactical input, as at the moment its quite generic and a bit frustrating, this also has been spoken about at great length. And positional placing needs more variables, as it is now it is too suited to 442 or 352.
    4/ Better economical input on where the team is going, this could have a direct link to influence/recognition as to whether your suggestions are taken seriously, adding another aliment to the rpg thing.
    5/ Better feed back from players and coaches, i play my first team at close to 100 fitness and morale, yet play badly for a few months for no apparent reason that i know of, other than they can't be assed. I would like some sort of feed back other than the last game played as to their enthusiasm, motivation or fitness.
    6/ I would like to put anyone anywhere, sure i think experience in a position accounts for a lot but so do abilities, how often irl do we see a wing back go to be an attacking winger etc. i also do not want players to swap positions for the whole match, if my wing back goes forward, i want my attacking winger to also go forward.
    7/ I also want to know what my training will accomplish, Defending - increases tackling, marking, etc. Hey, whats the etc! The game is so player focused i cannot believe i only know the half of what my training achieves.

that's my input and thank you if you took the time to read.

Amateur

Put in an african youth competition and make the international side of the game alot more realistic

Amateur

Interaction, interaction, control and interaction. Everyone wants it, SI must improve it. A more fluid interactionsystem within the gameworld that gives the player more control and a sense of social atmosphere with the club/media & more power to influence.

Amateur

Easy looking to other competitions (Euro League, CL, WC etc.) - i hate the flow screen system .....

Amateur

For realism sake I'd like to see clubs and also nations go for foreign manager's rather than ones from the nation as it can lead to silly things such as Phil Brown in charge of Chelsea (as I evidenced in someone else's game)

Also when managing in Germany I'd like to have the ability to designate staff to either the main team or the II and also for each to have separate staff counts.

Banned

The ability to ask for a new stadium, the game is too frustrating waiting decades for a stadium while your club is one of the richest in the world with a sub 20k stadium.
    Dynamic league and country reputations.
    Regens to be fixed.
    Coaches to stop asking to join your club, a particular problem when you dont have 1st team or youth coaches.
    An end to PCs.
    An end to excessive player unhappiness.
    An end to the ai constantly bidding a stupidly low amount for you players.
    real negotiations, no more Ill offer £2m, no I want £3m, how about £2.5, no I want £4m etc

Amateur

i'd like the USL teams to actually have a schedule to play for the season so that when i loan out my MLS players to the feeder teams, they actually get some games and match experience instead of completely losing fitness by doing nothing

Amateur

I have not read all of the posts on here so forgive me if im repeating but i was wondering what about audio commentary it might not be easy but it def sounds good to me.

Amateur

Skimmed just a few posts and here's a few to think about:

Board Interference

I was thinking about certain transfers, in particular the Robinho loan. Someone suggested an interview system, but I think that would be too hard to perfect and get right. People would most likely find ways to get players well out of their depth/rep to their clubs. What I think would work is that there is a possibility that the board of a club manage to arrange a certain deal to bring a player they want to the club. The manager may or may not have a say depending on importance, reputation etc. I also think certain chairmans could have a bigger ego and want the club their way, possibly signing players from their country/region (Shevchenko-Chelsea) or if the club is facing relegation the chairman could get a loan to make an emergency signing. I also think that as we see in the game 'Homesickness' when moving to a new club, instead of allowing a leave of absence a loan could be arranged (Robinho again) so that either the player regains happiness/form or potential buyers are found.

Friendlies

Needs a lot of work, too easy to just arrange against the biggest clubs for easy money. Certain aspects should come into play, such as Manager - Manager relations (comments in the media) if certain players have favoured personnel in the opposing squad and the managers or chairmans nationality. There could be an odd glamour fixture aswell - see Madrid v Shamrock Rovers last year. Less easy money please.

think about 'em

Third Team

Probably been mentioned before but when i offer out a player to clubs i dont expect the teams to negotiate exactly the same deal. I shall explain.

I just offered out Vincent Kompany for £5 million. 6 times came back to me and all 6 of them offered me 575k up front for a season long loan deal with the option to buy the player for £4.7m. I mean, have the clubs come together and discussed to bid exactly the same?

Amateur

Groundsharing should be implemented in some way.

Amateur

Training > Move to >Schedule > % fitness

It would mean I have to stop looking at my recovering players every few days.

Amateur

Not sure if this has been suggested before but i think that subs should have a different rating system compared to starters as bringing them on at, say, the 60th minute mark means that they have a much higher chance to have a low match rating, which impacts their average rating. This doesn't seem altogether fair to me so perhaps their ratings can be done differently or even not have one unless they made a significant impact on the game (positive or negative).

Semi Pro

There should be more player response/interaction, changes in morale, comments to the media, etc, etc when a manager leaves the club or when a new manager arrives.

Also, I've been trying as hard as I can to get used to this news system for a long time now and it just doesn't work. I think news and media interaction is one of the most important and the most visible aspects of the game and it needs a lot of study as to what would be most convenient and usable. Having to check 2 different screens all the time just doesn't feel right.

Amateur

I would like SI to introduce a tab system similar to that of internet browsers. When searching for players you could open up there info in tabs at the top or bottom of the screen, it would be handy for player comparisons and would save the back and forth when searching through a long list of prospective talents.

Eventually I'd like for everything to be able to be opened in a tab such as league tables, teams etc etc.

Part-Timer

I would like if league player bonus payout was actually less than what you recieve in prizemoney. In the A-League you regually pay the players a higher bonus for the league than what you recieve in prizemoney and I am sure this isn't the only league this happens in

Banned

I woud like SI to stop hardcoding any points deductions teams may have into the game. At this time of year when people are making updated databases, it is making things much more difficult. For the sake of removing the points, you have to completely recreate the league. Why waste everybodies time? Just take it out so it isnt hard coded. Then when people start to make updates, the points deduction can be taken away very quickly without having to redo the entire league.

If its not possible todo that then at least make it possible to adda EDT file to remove them.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dirkjan View Post
    Small, and easy to implement:

I would love to search players for their natural position.
    If i want a winger, i dont want an AMC with accomplished RW etc.

So at the Search Players for Position.
    There is:
    - Is
    - Is not

I would love to see:
    - Is natural...
    I've posted this a couple of months ago, didnt get any replies. Was wondering if there are more people want this to be implemented...!

Closed Thread
Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 11 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast