Closed Thread
Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,900 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Amateur

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Weekly Training Updates.

Coaches give you feedback who has trained well and looking good.
    You can choose to comment on the player.
    If he is a bench player and doing well you can say he is doing all thr right things and will get a chance etc.
    If he is a bench player and he didnt have a great week you would know you may not want to sub him on and give him a rocket int he media etc etc.

Amateur

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

One of things on my wishlist is SI giving us a playable MLS.....I dislike the current "official" MLS set up....so when SI comes along with the ability to edit or create leagues I'm pretty happy.....except the MLS is so hard coded and/or bugged out that editing it is useless...what crap.

Banned

When you're unemployed and go on holiday, I'd like to be able to specify a couple of jobs that I'd like to be notified of when they become available, perhaps you're only interested in Real Madrid, or Milan, Brazil etc. I dont want the holiday to end for every ''higher profile'' jobs.

Also, is it currently possible to view a clubs managerial history, and which managers won what?

Amateur

The option to be able to confirm substitutions right before they are made.

I've lost count of the amount of times I have made my last sub/s only for the play to continue for several more minutes and then a team score. IRL if this happened, I would have the option to change my mind about the subs I had wanted to make. It's so frustrating when I have decided to bring on an extra defender or DM player to defend a 1 goal lead, only for the opp to score before the subs happen and I am stuck with now defensive team and no more available subs.

Amateur

I remeber this on something like LMA manager
    but would be cool if you could organise and watch training matches
    see whos perofrming well.

Semi Pro

SI should just remove the goal barriers as well as the age barriers! That would make the game perfect! Period!

Amateur

More influential control over finances. Currently the only way to turn a club into a profit making one is to shorten the wage bill, sell players and expand the stadium. Now i realise IRL these are the only things the manager has control of. But this is a game, and i would like to be able to turn a club into one that is financially successful and also successful on the pitch. So id like to be able to set ticket prices, merchandise, loans etc.
    Just an idea

Amateur

sorta small fix, when I ask for training facility upgrade and it gets approved then the option should just be greyed out and displayed that its currently due for a upgrade ...

And also an graphic option tickbox for a display of notches on the sliders. ...
    Last edited by Sidder; 19-05-2010 at 15:58.

Amateur

loaning out players for first team football having a bigger effect on stats. currently i dont bother loaning players out cause my coaches are great and i never see any improvements in players who i do loan out. its just a waste of time currently. Loaning out youngsters for first team football should be improved.

Amateur

A champions league, not that one, one that has the teams who win their league or are leading their league that can then be compared to other leagues on the same screen.

Semi Pro

Probably been mentioned but definately weekly reports on training, who is working well, feedback on training "i.e, player X thinks he'd get more from shooting rather than set peices" or assistant manager giving you feedback....

maybe even the option of tactical training for the next match i.e set shape pattern for the next game on the friday in order for players to know their roles better etc.....

just add abit of realism to the game.

Amateur

Using steam cloud to keep manager data (DOB, fav team, etc) and non-hardware related (other than 3D settings, full screen, etc) preferences settings in sync between different computers.

Amateur

when a player can't settle in at the club and you allow him to have a month off, they always complain about not getting any 1st team football.

Amateur

Out Of The Park-style attribute visibility - instead of being able to see players' attributes through one or two scout reports, you only get to see a range initially, and the more you watch a player the more accurate your knowledge gets. This would apply to your own players as well as ones from other clubs. This would add realistic uncertainty to the game. Could be optional, as attribute masking is currently.

A bit more info on the season summary page e.g. continental competition performances of your nation's involved clubs, five biggest transfers in each division, things like that for more 'immersion'.

Added out of the box leagues - Japan if possible, Egypt, Algeria, a couple of other African ones, maybe Qatar, to make African and Asian career games more rewarding (or in the case of Africa, simply viable). Basically at least the top six rated leagues from each continent would be great.

Amateur

I think there are still problems with the transfer system that need to be adressed - mainly clubs of smaller leagues holding on to their players too easily. Now I understand that teams like Barcelona would not part with players like Iniesta until there was a ridiculous amount of money involved, but in countries such as Portugal, Russia and Argentina this is not the case. For example, Porto wanted me to pay £91m for Hulk, and however good he is, teams from these leagues simply cannot demand these sums of money. Its unrealistic

Can anyone just merge the two other threads I've seen about this?

Amateur

Didn't read the thread, so this might have been suggested already. Im sorry if that is the case.

How about an option to use or not use press conferences in the game?
    They get extremely repetetive after a few seasons, but even the best assman always seems to mess them up from time to time, so I dont dare to send him. Hence, Im "forced" to attend them again and again and again...

Amateur

I would like so see:

After dominating the league and europe year in year out for media prediction to stop putting me as finishing third. Just because one or two of my squad spots don't include 190+ CA players doesn't mean the media prediction should ignore the actual performances of my players and the finishing results of my team which has consistently been a big point lead for every league win. Stupid media.

Banned

I think in general the transfer fees demanded by clubs in the game are far far far too high. I know that's a subjective issue, but I've thought it for a long time, I also think clubs should be much more open to swap deals too.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Carradona View Post
    Didn't read the thread, so this might have been suggested already. Im sorry if that is the case.

How about an option to use or not use press conferences in the game?
    They get extremely repetetive after a few seasons, but even the best assman always seems to mess them up from time to time, so I dont dare to send him. Hence, Im "forced" to attend them again and again and again...
    But they are a real part of a managers job so should be included. Surely you meant to say 'can you improve press conferences so that they aren't repetitive'

Banned

I would like to be able to search for staff by international caps, so that I can quickly find the famous ex-players when they retire and maybe offer them a job.

Amateur

1. squad bonding days
    2. team holidays/training camps
    3. option to loan the player back to the club you're buying him off
    4. option to warn ass man about upsetting team in press conference
    5. random kit generator
    6. L.M.A manager of the season
    7. option to ask board to make loan repayments higher/lower
    8. ability to "remind" international managers that they are playing well

Amateur

+++++++++++
    9. charity world XI matches and testimonials

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by martin23 View Post
    1. squad bonding days
    2. team holidays/training camps
    3. option to loan the player back to the club you're buying him off
    4. option to warn ass man about upsetting team in press conference
    5. random kit generator
    6. L.M.A manager of the season
    7. option to ask board to make loan repayments higher/lower
    8. ability to "remind" international managers that they are playing well
    3. You can already do this. Set the transfer to end of season.

6. Because there has already been an LMA Manager game, they probably can't get the rights to say LMA Manager in the game.

7. Loan repayments are determined in a contract with whoever you get the loan from. Paying back a loan early can incur a fee just the same as paying back a loan late IRL.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by StevoRobbo View Post
    3. You can already do this. Set the transfer to end of season.

6. Because there has already been an LMA Manager game, they probably can't get the rights to say LMA Manager in the game.

7. Loan repayments are determined in a contract with whoever you get the loan from. Paying back a loan early can incur a fee just the same as paying back a loan late IRL.

yeah but an unlicenced version could be an option, wouldnt be difficult to set-up becasue the foundation is already there with you being able to vote for player of the year as international manager

Amateur

Pllllllllllllease include some sort of african national youth competition and 3d training matches wont be bad.

Amateur

Also it would be good if they can do the whole provisional world cup sqaud ting by choosing 30 players then cutting 7 and have 2 warm up games instead of 1.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    Pllllllllllllease include some sort of african national youth competition and 3d training matches wont be bad.
    Is there an African Youth Competiton IRL? If not then it wont be in the game.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ranbir View Post
    I would like so see:

After dominating the league and europe year in year out for media prediction to stop putting me as finishing third. Just because one or two of my squad spots don't include 190+ CA players doesn't mean the media prediction should ignore the actual performances of my players and the finishing results of my team which has consistently been a big point lead for every league win. Stupid media.
    I think this happens due to your team rep. If you are playing in one of the leagues that doesn't update the team rep then at the end of the season the team rep resets. So unless you are playing in the English, Spainish, German, or Italian leagues (which are the only leagues in FM that update team reps from season to season) you are out of luck.

Amateur

The format of events changing. Like for instance in the year 2040, FIFA decides to give Africa 7 qualifiers to the world cup and less to europe

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by StevoRobbo View Post
    Is there an African Youth Competiton IRL? If not then it wont be in the game.
    Yeah there is like 2 or 3 ghana is the champions of the U20 African Youth Championship.

Take a look at this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African...7_Championship

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Youth_Championship

Banned

Presidential signings, presidential elections, election promises etc. Please make the role of the president at big european clubs much much more important than it is at the moment.

Also reflect that some presidents/owners want to boost their clubs profile by demanding big signings every summer and also make the commercial side of the game much more important. If you have the highest profile players in the game then you should see a huge merchandise impact and also you should get big money offers to go on pre season tours to places like the far east or middle east etc- also if you sign a player from the far east for example you should see a lot more interest/money etc from that region imo.

more variety, more depth, more realism and impact from the decisions you make for your club.

Amateur

YOU MUST WORK ON THE VISUAL SIDE OF THE GAME!
    -SI must include many more types of stadiums within the game so as nnot to be so boring visually.
    They should include some traditional European stadiums, like Bernabeu, Nou Camp, Allianz, etc. This would enhance the feeling of success of getting there.
    If they cannot do it they may leave it open for the modders to add stadiums that can index with certain teams in the database. Stadium1,stadium2, etc.
    We are in 2010, the graphics are 20 years back even for a management game.
    A-lso an opening ceremony for European games would be fantastic. Let us add the CL details if there is a licence problem

ALSO
    -It should not be so easy. It is not possible to achieve CL status with any team in 2-3 years time
    - More AI tactical flexibility. They need a goal to go ahead in CL in the dying minutes and they keep the same defensive formation that they started with
    - Enhance Managers Personal Status improvement through different ways apart from reputation (bank account, etc)
    Perhaps allow the maanger to define the exact positions of players for corners, free-kicks etc.
    - Allow the manager to decide the pre-season. When, where (Dubai, Switzerland, Austria, Italy), and relate this to status and results of pre-season.
    - Allow the manager to define the pre-season in such a way so as to aim for full form on a certain period of the year
    - Opposition scounting is currently dreadful. We need analysis with numbers, opposition game plans, etc
    - Relate certain teams to certain ways of play (i.eBarcelona attacking play)
    - We know the world of football with certain big teams today. I would like to see new teams to pop up but it is not possible to see Barcelona, Juventus, Inter, Man Utd in local leagues after 10 seasons. Reality must be sustained
    -Include managers future trasfers in the editor (i.e Mourinho to Real).
    -Include Managers' interest for certain players (i.e guardiola -villa) so as to become future transfer targets for the club

After so many years of a good game that is being stable but more boring year after year, are you ready for some radical imporvements at last?

Semi Pro

One minor issue I would like to see cleared up is, a scout sent to look at a player comes back with a report on an item, and then in the next news item recommending the same player. It's annoying.
    A similar problem is a scout who's reporting on an area or competition coming back every time with the same player on their list of good players. I can understand flagging up a player after 6 months or a year but not every month.
    My last suggestion is to bring in perma-bans into the forums. Some of the posts in the last year have become ridiculuously offensive (thankfully not against me), and I feel perma-bans are the only way forward.

Amateur
    keeping the faith in the prem with the mighty darwin

Unhappy Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

if it aint been said before,.........on the player stats-form.Any chance of having what position they played in the matches.im sure this is already on fml.i like me players to play in more than one position. just hope i aint dreamed this.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bumchin View Post
    if it aint been said before,.........on the player stats-form.Any chance of having what position they played in the matches.im sure this is already on fml.i like me players to play in more than one position. just hope i aint dreamed this.
    It shows in the player's postitons page in their progfile tab.

Cool Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

i would like to see an assistant manager feature that shows the most productive pairings in relation to games played
    e.g. rooney and berbatov playing together as strikers brought 45 goals in 35 games with 16 assists
    while rooney and owen brought about 15 goals in 25 games

Banned

I would like to see players responding publicly if you put faith in them when you come to the club and play them rather than sign others, or vice versa if you bring someone in who becomes successful.

Banned

And if a player likes you and your management style then when you leave to go to a new club, it would be nice if they issued a come and get me plea and handed in a transfer request.

Also in the game plenty of players get upset if they arent allowed to move clubs, whereas in real life once a player decides to leave and asks to go, it seems to me that most of the time they get their move. Maybe this needs to be more in the game.

Amateur

I would like an undo button for everything!!!

Amateur

HISTORY

I would like there to be a more in depth history. My concept is hard to explain so I'll do so using examples...

Lets say for example that you get to mid february and you're unsure as to whether your team is doing any better than after the same number of games last year. At present we can only view league tables on an end of season basis.

After 15 games Fernando Torres has scored 12 goals, how many goals did he score after 15 goals last season? This kind of detailed history would be brilliant.

Amateur

i would like to see me in next manager.

Amateur

- Release before the season starts (that way we can enjoy the transfer muppetry more)
    - Silent updates to player database in case of transfers (like Chrome) and to the ME to fix bugs quickly.
    - Better training, youth squad management.
    (Almost impossible to produce youth players through the U18 squads. Almost always have to buy. Realistically, look at Barca? Possibly a slider that balances transfer and youth team budgets)
    - Dynamic league reputations.

Lurker

Legends. Either unlockable, a seperate database or even a separate game. Lots of people try to make legend databases but they are usually lacking any realism in regards the player’s stats. I would love to play with an SI created Garrincha or De Stefano. I doubt it will ever happen but it would be an amazing experience. In all honesty I’d happily pay the extra required for a completely separate game. Football Manager, The Legends. Who wouldn’t want to play that.

Banned

I'd definitely buy that too

Amateur

A fix to the subs bug/design flaw introduced from FM08. If I ask for a sub and before it is executed, I can cancel it if, for example, the score has changed.... just like in real life.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Filke View Post
    i would like to see me in next manager.
    You must be kidding right?

Amateur

How about FM Owner.... set up so you can be anything from multi-billionaire and buying one of the top teams or a successful fish and chip shop owner buying a small Blue Square team.
    Then build an economic model in there so different things can affect your fortune, ie you decide to play as wealthy computer tycoon but a couple of years in bidness is bad so that would affect net worth, ring up debt etc.Hire manager and sit up in owners box and run the other side of the game. Perhaps this could be done as game within a game.

Start game.... 1) owner
    2) manager.

1). a) multi-billionaire set between 1-5 billion net worth
    b) multi-millionaire set between 2- 100 million
    c) successful bizness owner 500,000 to 1 million
    etc etc.

Amateur

Default Re: Great new idea for football manager 2011

i think it would be nice if
    1) there is an option for manager to ask his sub player to warm up before get onto pitch
    2) there is a small talk to the sub-in player (to relay strategy to teammates,perhaps)

Amateur

Default Re: Suggestion: Missions / Scenarios / Challenges

what if there's a career line for young manager. i mean its very weird for me to put my real birthdate because im 22 y.o. and manage a big club.maybe if the game can let the player start from coaching,or maybe manage a youth team and will get offer for reserve team,assistant manager then only become a manager

Semi Pro

i think there should be at the end of every season a long interview with a journalist to talk about how the past season went, and all that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SiNZ View Post
    A fix to the subs bug/design flaw introduced from FM08. If I ask for a sub and before it is executed, I can cancel it if, for example, the score has changed.... just like in real life.
    agreed

Amateur

Cant be bothered reading through all pages of this, but I think now that we can see the quality of our playing surface, we should be able to head hunt the best groundsman in the world, like for example Real Madrid done with the English groundsman, that way with a better groundsman/team your pitch will maintain quality for longer, and if your groundsman is terrible, your surface is terrible.

Small thing I know but just adding to the realism of things.

Banned

I would like to see chairmen try to convince you to stay if your contract is running out and you reject a new deal, or try to persuade you to join their club, by promising a large budget, big wage, time to rebuild etc etc.

Banned

And if you are a winning a lot as manager maybe players in other teams could recognise this and announce that they would like to play for you.

Banned

If you go through the season unbeaten, the game doesn't seem to recognise this I think, you are not called ''invincibles'' etc, whereas it should become a reference point for that club's future for then on, such as what happened to the invincibles, it seems a long time ago etc and you should become an instant icon at the club for masterminding it.

also maybe you could also gain a nickname in the game, like ''the special one'' ?

Banned

And if you quit, the media dont say title winning manager, double winner or whatever it just says so and so team boss quits. Also there is no fan reaction, nothing.

To my mind the game does nothing to make you feel as though your achievements mattered at all.

Banned

And no media even ask you why you quit and the game doesnt say that other chairmen are on high alert because high profile boss ''X'' has quit his job.

stuff like that.

i'll be quiet now.
    probably

Banned

If you are the number one manager in the world, would you really stay unemployed and un-approached for a month and counting? Does no President think you are a better bet for success than the current incumbent? If you were the number one player, you would have clubs all over you, it's a management game, more should be done to make your success feel worth it and you more valued in the game world.

Banned

I would like to see players remember if you've treated them poorly before, transfer list them, not play them etc and refuse to work with/ sign for you again.

Part-Timer

Said this again and again, but since i'm adding few other points I say it again.

Make the game more simple and fun, but keeping the depth that the game has.

A new ME 3D view, the top down view based on the view of the 2D classic, since I would like to see the 3D, but I want to see the tactics at work.

More graphical UI, but a UI that is easy for us users to add the graphics: I would like i think in match flow screen (it is the one that shows the logos of the teams playing), I would like as background of the stadium we are playing, much like it show here by StandPetrov and more stuff like this that means little but add more fun to the game and removes the boring off the game.

When starting a new game add an option if you want to start the game only training a club or club and national team. This could be quite usefull and fun for the save with two friends like I do with a friend of mine.
    Last edited by grade; 24-05-2010 at 22:20.

Amateur

Here goes.

1) I'd like a dynamic league reputation: i.e. the ability to drag the league's reputation up (and hence the standard of football) by excelling continentally and therefore being a hero for a country's football. This would improve the quality of youth players you could get through, increase the potential TV/prize money for a league and give a much longer objective: instead of me just aiming to win the champions league with Rangers, how about I drag the standard of Scottish football up to the point where the league is more lucrative and the national team is competing on a world stage? It'd take many many years, sure, but it'd ultimately add to the challenge.

1 part ii) Dynamic rivalries: After rising through the divisions, all your rivals are in lower divisions. How about the manager creates tension with certain clubs, there are fierce contests in the league or repeated close games with certain clubs... and a rivalry is born?

2) The ability to discuss where the money goes at the end of a season with the board:
    "We have £50million to spare after last season's excellent run in europe. I'd like £15million to go on developing the stadium, £30million for transfers/wages and £5million for the academy"

or

"Why not put £10million of that into commercial investments" like building an adjacent hotel or something?

Also... "If I qualify for the champions league group stage, I'd like an extra £10million to spend before the transfer window ends" etc.

3) A more in-depth revamp of your club's commercial worth: Sign Kaka, and see some sort of bar chart or monetary extent to which you profit from merchandising in Brazil. Sign Steven Gerrard at 35, you find your team sells more shirts in Liverpool where he was a legend. Go on a friendly tour in America, increase your team's profile/reputation abroad. This would encourage friendly tours instead of spamming home friendlies for cash. Also, it'd accurately map certain things IRL e.g. Real Madrid claiming that they have already made a profit from signing C.Ronaldo due to shirt sales.

Ultimately, I'd like to see some sort of "regional reputation" kinda like the scouting knowledge that already exists. This would be a different challenge: to try and break different world markets and see how much money each one makes you!

4) The ability of a club to go out of business?

5) A competition editor that actually lets you edit competitions. Ok, maybe I'm crap at using it, but I wanted to make a British League Cup (combine the Scottish/English league cups) and then set a decent reputation and a decent potential prize fund. I couldn't. All I could do was add teams to the FA Cup or something, which is second-rate to what I wanted to do.

6) A more REACTIVE world:
    i) Shock and awe in the media - a big/controversial signing (e.g. Robinho to City), a betrayal of a club legend (e.g. the pushing out of Mourinho from Chelsea), bigger/more extended reaction to shock results (Blackpool's promotion worth estimated £90million) or "Cup replay could net £1m for BSP side"
    ii) the AI should not lie down: if Man Utd finish outside the champions league spots (which happens regularly in my game), there would be an uproar IRL! Sack the board, sack the squad, spend £100million. If a big team has a poor season, they shouldn't languish with £100-200m sitting quietly in the bank. They should throw EVERYTHING at bouncing back next year instead of taking their fall from grace quietly. Some sort of dynamic ambition should be thrown in here, not just seasonal ambition. (like Leeds, hoping to make the premiership in 3-5 years for example).
    iii) a willingness to replace an aging squad - Terry wont stay with Chelsea until 37 and old/broken, surely? (also, aging shouldnt be quite as drastic but that's another point)

7) Some sort of progress line diagram so you can compare your progress this season to last season. e.g. "Did I have more points by now last season?" or "Was I higher up in the league after 20 games this time last year?"
    Last edited by Popider; 25-05-2010 at 00:17.

Semi Pro

I'd quite like to see;
    • Contracts for national managers.
    • Human controlled managers being able to have favoured clubs and personnel.
    • Letting the user pick and change playable and viewable leagues throughout the save. For example; I haven't loaded up Argentina's leagues, but I really want to play there now. It's ashame I can't do this and would have to start again to do so. I'm in 2026.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by edgar555 View Post
    But they are a real part of a managers job so should be included. Surely you meant to say 'can you improve press conferences so that they aren't repetitive'
    No, I meant exactly what I typed. Don't be a ***** and put words into my mouth just because you don't agree.

Amateur

I Love the way the game has developed, been playing since CM2 personally!

Just a few of the things i would like to see.

I Want to be a Player Manager! - Probably been hit on on a million times, but its just a feature that i have wanted for years.

I Really liked the voice commentary that we had on Championship Manager 2, though i am pretty sure it'd be a nightmare to do it now, with the game being so much bigger, and a hundred leagues, and a million names. This is on my dream list!

Environmental Sounds, Every game sounds exactly the same, regardless of how many fans are there. While managing Exeter City at St. James' Park (the small one) it sould'nt sound like Old Trafford. So when i finally get Exeter City promoted and find myself playing at Wembley, the stadium should sound different to a friendly!

Sometimes the game tends to get a little repetative. I Think it Would be nice to include some different events that occur from time to time, depending of course on club stature. Testamonials, Charity Games, Local School events, things like that. Right now i beleive there is far too many press conferences, especially in lower leagues. In the top league's maybe the conferences could be more personal, inciting rivalries between managers.

Popider's idea of a more REACTIVE world (a couple of posts up)!

I'd like to second one from Müller. Letting the user pick and change playable and viewable leagues throughout the save. This would a most welcome addition.

I DONT want to see:

Manager personal life / finances etc. This could potentially stop me buying the game!

Amateur

when coming to the end of the season and a player has played 9 matches in the league id like to see him ask to play in one more league match if u are at the top of the table so he can earn a winners medal

Amateur

1. Get rid of backroom staff meeting alerts which, when you open them up, having nothing to update or advise.
    2. Sort out the "new signings" press conference. You spend 10 minutes effectively answering the same question over and over. Especially the one about your new man not knowing the language and whether you're going to get a team mate to help out. You talk the player up, say lots of positive stuff only to find out that you've annoyed your new signing before a ball has even been kicked.
    3. Streamline the backroom staff interaction bit. Perhaps through the Assistant. I know this is something that has been suggested before elsewhere on the forum. I think it would work. I know we all want FM to reflect real life footy and that the manager really would interact with all coaches, but this is still a game. Depth and comprehensiveness is why we all love this game over any other. But a bit of streamlining here or there wouldn't hurt, and I think this is one area where it can be applied.
    4. I bit more flexibility regarding the finances of a club. I know this is the chairmans role, but when you are 5 or 6 seasons in and got £200-£300m in the bank and a £100m loan costing £s every month, surely a club is going to pay it off??!!!

There, that's my 10 pence for what it's worth.

Amateur

When I compare players I should be able to highlight, deep striker needed stats etc the all the descriptions of the new TC and also perhaps they could be standard filters ingame already by those positions also, players would just have to adjust it themself a bit towards the standards of their clubs

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Popider View Post
    Here goes.

1) I'd like a dynamic league reputation: i.e. the ability to drag the league's reputation up (and hence the standard of football) by excelling continentally and therefore being a hero for a country's football. This would improve the quality of youth players you could get through, increase the potential TV/prize money for a league and give a much longer objective: instead of me just aiming to win the champions league with Rangers, how about I drag the standard of Scottish football up to the point where the league is more lucrative and the national team is competing on a world stage? It'd take many many years, sure, but it'd ultimately add to the challenge.

1 part ii) Dynamic rivalries: After rising through the divisions, all your rivals are in lower divisions. How about the manager creates tension with certain clubs, there are fierce contests in the league or repeated close games with certain clubs... and a rivalry is born?

2) The ability to discuss where the money goes at the end of a season with the board:
    "We have £50million to spare after last season's excellent run in europe. I'd like £15million to go on developing the stadium, £30million for transfers/wages and £5million for the academy"

or

"Why not put £10million of that into commercial investments" like building an adjacent hotel or something?

Also... "If I qualify for the champions league group stage, I'd like an extra £10million to spend before the transfer window ends" etc.

3) A more in-depth revamp of your club's commercial worth: Sign Kaka, and see some sort of bar chart or monetary extent to which you profit from merchandising in Brazil. Sign Steven Gerrard at 35, you find your team sells more shirts in Liverpool where he was a legend. Go on a friendly tour in America, increase your team's profile/reputation abroad. This would encourage friendly tours instead of spamming home friendlies for cash. Also, it'd accurately map certain things IRL e.g. Real Madrid claiming that they have already made a profit from signing C.Ronaldo due to shirt sales.

Ultimately, I'd like to see some sort of "regional reputation" kinda like the scouting knowledge that already exists. This would be a different challenge: to try and break different world markets and see how much money each one makes you!

4) The ability of a club to go out of business?

5) A competition editor that actually lets you edit competitions. Ok, maybe I'm crap at using it, but I wanted to make a British League Cup (combine the Scottish/English league cups) and then set a decent reputation and a decent potential prize fund. I couldn't. All I could do was add teams to the FA Cup or something, which is second-rate to what I wanted to do.

6) A more REACTIVE world:
    i) Shock and awe in the media - a big/controversial signing (e.g. Robinho to City), a betrayal of a club legend (e.g. the pushing out of Mourinho from Chelsea), bigger/more extended reaction to shock results (Blackpool's promotion worth estimated £90million) or "Cup replay could net £1m for BSP side"
    ii) the AI should not lie down: if Man Utd finish outside the champions league spots (which happens regularly in my game), there would be an uproar IRL! Sack the board, sack the squad, spend £100million. If a big team has a poor season, they shouldn't languish with £100-200m sitting quietly in the bank. They should throw EVERYTHING at bouncing back next year instead of taking their fall from grace quietly. Some sort of dynamic ambition should be thrown in here, not just seasonal ambition. (like Leeds, hoping to make the premiership in 3-5 years for example).
    iii) a willingness to replace an aging squad - Terry wont stay with Chelsea until 37 and old/broken, surely? (also, aging shouldnt be quite as drastic but that's another point)

7) Some sort of progress line diagram so you can compare your progress this season to last season. e.g. "Did I have more points by now last season?" or "Was I higher up in the league after 20 games this time last year?"
    I think that these are all good ideas to improve the game.

There's a bunch of changes I like, although a lot of them have already been mentioned.

However, there's one change that I can't see anything about.

Insurance

For me, budgets are tight, and I splashed the majority of my transfer budget on a young Algerian midfielder. Played fantastic for me. Sure enough, he got called up to the national squad for a friendly against Egypt. Sure enough, in the FIRST MINUTE he was injured, breaking his leg. Due to be back in training in 5 months.

Now I'm pretty sure I've heard of clubs getting financial compensation when a player is injured on International duty. Also, I'm pretty sure some "star" players have their bodies insured against injury. I don't see any harm in the ability to insure your star players, so that in the event of injury you have the funds to draft in a loan or whatever.

(This would also cover for unexpected deaths?)
    Last edited by Cageycityfan; 26-05-2010 at 10:32. Reason: typo etc

Part-timer

When your chairman sells one of your players, I really think SI need to make a bigger deal of this. I really want kick off lol. And obviously you can resign, but I would like the option to like publicly slag off my chairman \o/

Also, when you get monthly updates from the Chairman "We are very pleased with your overall leadership of the club etc", I think you should be able to have an in depth meeting with the chairman, about all the areas of the club, how you feel you are getting on etc.

And finally, I know this suggestion gets thrown about every year, and it wouldn't really be football manager. But I would love the option to be the chairman of a football club. To start without a club, buy a small club, pump as much money in as you can, and hopefully one day get them to the big time!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by westhamrob View Post
    When your chairman sells one of your players, I really think SI need to make a bigger deal of this. I really want kick off lol. And obviously you can resign, but I would like the option to like publicly slag off my chairman \o/

Also, when you get monthly updates from the Chairman "We are very pleased with your overall leadership of the club etc", I think you should be able to have an in depth meeting with the chairman, about all the areas of the club, how you feel you are getting on etc.

And finally, I know this suggestion gets thrown about every year, and it wouldn't really be football manager. But I would love the option to be the chairman of a football club. To start without a club, buy a small club, pump as much money in as you can, and hopefully one day get them to the big time!
    Im sure slagging them off is akin to the ultimatum button. Look at irl Zola for West Ham, and Billy Davies when he was at Derby, they both issued ultimatums and were soon sacked

Part-timer

Like I said, in depth.

And Zola was sacked because he was ****, tyvm

First Team Squad Member

Club vs Country friendlies. they happen irl (one is going to happen in august and I'm going) so they should be in the game.

Amateur

Would it be a good idea if EVERYTHING FM saw IRL like mainly on SSN, that they don't have in the game, they try and put in the game, making sure they have not missed anything out.

Amateur
    keeping the faith in the prem with the mighty darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shanahan View Post
    It shows in the player's postitons page in their progfile tab.
    i think you have missed what i mean,id like to see what position they played in every match like in fml,not just how many times they played in positions throughout the season.

Lurker

I'd like the option to play with an 'virtual economy' option. So there are recessions and times of growth. The result might be that attendance goes up or down, or fans spend more money. Perhaps you could have exchange rates so player prices are quoted in local currencies with a converted price along side it.
    Not sure how exciting such an idea it is, but Real Madrid saved a lot of Euros when they purchased Ronaldo a year later after the Euro had strengthened against the pound.

Amateur

there should be an option for you to consult FM within FM and check the database for players to sign just like some real managers do

Amateur

I would also like to see an improved manager ratings system. For example you see how you have the attributes for the coaches and managers, well why cant you have the same for human managers.
    Basically you should all start off on a preset determined value depending on what experience you have chosen to start with. So e.g. if you start with amateur player, all your attributes like technical, mental, pa,ca, youth, motication should be set at 5, and if you start off with international perhaps they could be set higher, and so on.

This would be a much more in game competitive way of judging whether you are better than a said manager. Obviosly it would make the game more interesting for statistics ners, but equally you could somehow incorporate it with the current ratings that we already have (discipline, domestic etc.)

Personally I think its a good idea, and obviously the longer you go in the game, the better these ratings would be. I understand that these ratings are purely determined pregame, in the database, however to have them set in such a way that is relative to your progress, and how much you input to the game when you are managing.

Amateur

Unfortunately I have reached that point of the year where FM has began to bore me out, so I thought it would be good to post now.

I think FM beats the competition in 4 main areas: Database, match engine, and to a lesser extent, financial model and transfer system.

I don't really think comparing is the best way of doing this, but I think it's been said enough that the other parts of the game have to be improved on. With FIFA Manager, for example, when your player makes a first international cap, you actually get a full screen notifying you of that, unlike an inbox item with the player mentioning you in an interview. I'm not saying FM should provide full screens for the player, but achievements don't feel like much other than text at the moment. After I've promoted a League Two club Macclesfield (randomly chosen) to the Championship on close to zero transfer budget, I just think it enhances the game a bit more for a screen to pop up with the trophy and large words saying congratulations. Right now I get inbox item after inbox item. I don't expect FM to suddenly incorporate trophy pictures, after all it is superficial, but things should really be done to help with the sense of achievement, especially after prolonged periods of playing where, quite frankly, success is bound to come on one try even for the worst players around.

Then there is player interaction, which severely lacks the realism of real life. In FIFAM (sorry) again, you can organize discussion in the locker room, praise or criticize a player in private or public, make promises such as "I will make you an international player in (number) of seasons", crucial for the signing of players, and hold end-of-the-season talks, or even talks at the start of the season for target-setting. I just feel this gives the player a bit more attachment to the individual players, as he knows he has promises he has to keep. In FM right now, I have players requesting transfers, then retracting. They are angered by my decisions, but forgive me after a two-week period almost robotically. This is not to say FIFAM has the best interaction system but FM certainly could take a leaf out of their book.

Whilst in real life managers do not have full control as stipulated in FIFAM (although they do acknowledge this, changing your role from "Full" to "Executive of Football" to various others alongside the customary "Manager"), it would be nice to be able to have an opinion on the facility building of the club and its stadium, rather than clicking one button and having the board "consider" your decision, and if they accept it, settle it all by themselves. Surely the manager to board interaction could be improved further and whilst steps have been taken in the right directions this year, I urge for even greater innovations in this field as well.

The manager also has close to no interaction with the fans...press conferences being mundane and repetitive has been said enough, but being able to schedule a fan day, alongside others like youth trials would be good. In FIFAM, they overdo this with the likes of Theme Park excursions which probably should be left out of the footballing side of the business, but in FM there is no shirt-signing day, no manager-fan interaction etc.

Finally, as a concluding point, realism of life does not come into play properly in FM. We see managers in real life having to deal with altitude play, or traveling, for example. The 'continental hangover' doesn't truly show in FM, only manifesting itself in lower condition and fitness ratings, which to be honest, are negligible. Teams should have to deal with the complications of continental competitions, having to travel early to certain locations to assimilate with local conditions, and in doing so, have certain privileges banned from them, rather than just going through the day as though everything happens in the same office, on the same pitch. I should have to feel the preparation for a matchday as a virtual manager, and this could be further helped by making the training model less static and simply a matter of sliders.

Just a couple of thoughts worth looking at here I thought I should share ahead of FM11 and perhaps future editions.

Amateur

i should be able to ask the asst manager all kinds of things that i currently cant. maybe he has a full tactical set up he recommends. Also they always seem to recommend hard tackling which causes more yellow cards than i can count.

ripping the chairman for selling my wonderkid for peanuts has to be in the next game.

also i would like to see a change in the way you get youth squad players. i feel like the scouts should be pulling them in as they travel around the world. they should be generated through out the year and not only once in the beginning of a season. you would recieve a message saying scout x has a prospect from off the street in china or from a camp he held in mexico. bigger teams with the best scouting would be able to pull in better random kids. this would also allow more nationalities to be represented as man u could send scouts to the wilderness and pick up a couple guys who might end up being decent. i have noticed that as it stands now many countries arent generating enough top class players. ivory coast is an example of a country that has produced several world class players but in my saves they never seem to generate players on the same level. the U.S. is an example of a country getting better in world football but the players generated dont reflect the improvement they will make over the next decade. also they should have better balance. they dont seem to replicate the database players very well.

i need to be able to make it clear im not selling a player. it doesnt matter how many buds of 9 mill you make im not selling him.

player manager interactions need to be increased and made more realistic just as cydver pointed out.

oh one more thing. the dynamic league rep is essential. i have taken a french nat side to champions league champs and yet my players still want to leave for bigger clubs to win trophies. im bigger than real madrid at this point but they still want to leave. its very frustrating.
    Last edited by uclazy31; 29-05-2010 at 09:25.

Banned

OK not sure if the mods etc will get to read this but I can always hope and im not sure if its been already posted but ill give it a go.

I play alot online im a member of the biggest clan so far. I was kinda wondering if u could make an online mode or somthing, so as to speed the game up. We have 12 players at the mo and imo, esp when the transfer window is shut, it would be a good idea to just get to match days, we can read all news etc b4 the match.

Also i would also like to have ALL matches played at 3pm sat no matter which country(so in the clan game we could manage in different countries, eg i know that Italy play on a sun) , and at 1945 on a weds, we have come accross some games on Tuesdays etc even when move matches for tv isn't ticked.

Thanks
    Mike

Amateur

Hello friends!
    I`m playing for a long career games and like to see some records and statistics.
    So, we have records tab for separate competitions but it would be great if we could see (for example) the biggest win in whole FM. Or Fastest Goal in whole FM...etc.

Youth Team
    Motherwell FC Researcher (living in Livingston)

One simple one, as the past proves, Scotland must be paired with either Faroe Islands or Lithuania in every European Championship Qualifiers. Even better if it is both

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

A real time editor so you can keep pace (if you want to ) with staff/player transfers
    bans/ injuries/ clubs going into administration etc etc

being able to have the option when buying/ selling player to have him loaned back as part of the deal

tactics/training to be taken in a 3d match type situation where you could show players where to make runs/cross ball/ aim corners etc

Hi,

i would like to see two different game-modes. a simulation mode, which is what the game is right now and a kind of arcade mode. remeber how easy and fast it was to finish a season with cm2? I think sometimes a qiucker, less complex game mode would increase the fun because it would be faster and you dont have to take care about all the details and it would make the game more attractive and accessible to new players.

another think that wasnt mentioned before is the AI-international-squad selection. I have a brilliant french striker in my 8th season who is 25 years old, valued 28M, world footballer of the year and he has only one cap (where he scored twice).

In general there is a lack of player fluctuation. In the 7th season, barca has still more or less the same squad, full of old players.

oh and just one idea. It would be much fun, if new-created player would also be registerd user. All you need is a mask where everybody can voluntarity put in his name and nationality, a picture and the day and month of his birthday. Players can party be created by using this database. would be nicer than having zinedine makalele playing.

Banned

How come you're never asked to comment about the previous manager and regime at your welcome press conference? it seems to me that if you were taking over after a successful manager you would be asked about him and how you will compare, or if you're taking over a failed outfit, you could be asked what was wrong and what you will change etc

If press conferences are going to stay, I would like this to be included to add variety and realism.

it's possible that most of the following has been said before...
    -training: individual training schedules for each player (especially more specific technical-skill-training, eg crosses,sprints,left-foot/right-foot-improvement etc.);
    day/week/month-schedules with changing training priorities for different players; training standards (like 5-on-5, tikitaka-games etc).
    -training camps (pre-season and maybe mid-season), with all its effects on team spirit (boredom leads to fights between players; camp situation strengthens togetherness)
    -tactics: define possible paths and/or positioning for each player; define certain team moves (eg when player xyz reaches byline on the right, player zyx tries to be at right corner of sixyardbox...)
    has been mentioned over and over before, i'm sure:
    -player and staff (assistant coaches) interaction: assistant gives feedback about player xyz "xyz has to concentrate more on his defense duties", you then give feedback to player to do so (and, in training, have player improve his tackling skills and positioning off the ball);
    -scouting / next opposition:
    Opposition scounting is currently dreadful. We need analysis with numbers, opposition game plans, etc
    He is totally right, we could also have information like "player xyz tends to cut inside whilst player zyx sneaks around penalty area" to then develop couter-strategies (-> tactics) or instruct players (->interaction).
    -more outside-world interaction (initiate school-football-program; have assitants attend tactic/whatever-workshops)
    Last edited by ghost.107; 31-05-2010 at 12:44.

Third Team

When a player returns from loan why oh why can't they resume the training schedule they had when they left, its only a small thing but when my whole team are set to different training schedules for their different roles it makes no sense that a player comes back and goes into general training. How hard would it be for the game to remember what he had been doing and the training prompt can still be there if I want to change it.
    Having dozens of players returning from loan I invariably miss one's training program and then he goes a month or 2 with rubbish training.

Banned

Realistic transfer fees, long term playability

Banned

It's a small point, but I dont like it when you are an International manager and a club manager and you get heavily criticised for calling up a lot of your players. I like to sign players from the country i'm in so it's natural to have a number of that country's best players- you might even think that club success with a nation's leading players would be good for the national team and be a reason for your appointment.

If it is considered a negative shouldnt the F.A or media quizzed you about this when you were applying for/got the job since it should have been obvious that it was a likely scenario?

I realise it's only a game, but still...

Amateur

Have people seen the sketchup models in google earth? I think it'd be pretty cool if SI included some program so people could create accurate representations of the stadiums and them add them into the game. I'd love to see the nets and fencing at German stadiums, for example, and stadiums like the San Siro etc. Also would have the added bonus that when/if you move into a new stadium you could design it yourself.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Cydver View Post
    Unfortunately I have reached that point of the year where FM has began to bore me out, so I thought it would be good to post now.

I think FM beats the competition in 4 main areas: Database, match engine, and to a lesser extent, financial model and transfer system.

I don't really think comparing is the best way of doing this, but I think it's been said enough that the other parts of the game have to be improved on. With FIFA Manager, for example, when your player makes a first international cap, you actually get a full screen notifying you of that, unlike an inbox item with the player mentioning you in an interview. I'm not saying FM should provide full screens for the player, but achievements don't feel like much other than text at the moment. After I've promoted a League Two club Macclesfield (randomly chosen) to the Championship on close to zero transfer budget, I just think it enhances the game a bit more for a screen to pop up with the trophy and large words saying congratulations. Right now I get inbox item after inbox item. I don't expect FM to suddenly incorporate trophy pictures, after all it is superficial, but things should really be done to help with the sense of achievement, especially after prolonged periods of playing where, quite frankly, success is bound to come on one try even for the worst players around.

Then there is player interaction, which severely lacks the realism of real life. In FIFAM (sorry) again, you can organize discussion in the locker room, praise or criticize a player in private or public, make promises such as "I will make you an international player in (number) of seasons", crucial for the signing of players, and hold end-of-the-season talks, or even talks at the start of the season for target-setting. I just feel this gives the player a bit more attachment to the individual players, as he knows he has promises he has to keep. In FM right now, I have players requesting transfers, then retracting. They are angered by my decisions, but forgive me after a two-week period almost robotically. This is not to say FIFAM has the best interaction system but FM certainly could take a leaf out of their book.

Whilst in real life managers do not have full control as stipulated in FIFAM (although they do acknowledge this, changing your role from "Full" to "Executive of Football" to various others alongside the customary "Manager"), it would be nice to be able to have an opinion on the facility building of the club and its stadium, rather than clicking one button and having the board "consider" your decision, and if they accept it, settle it all by themselves. Surely the manager to board interaction could be improved further and whilst steps have been taken in the right directions this year, I urge for even greater innovations in this field as well.

The manager also has close to no interaction with the fans...press conferences being mundane and repetitive has been said enough, but being able to schedule a fan day, alongside others like youth trials would be good. In FIFAM, they overdo this with the likes of Theme Park excursions which probably should be left out of the footballing side of the business, but in FM there is no shirt-signing day, no manager-fan interaction etc.

Finally, as a concluding point, realism of life does not come into play properly in FM. We see managers in real life having to deal with altitude play, or traveling, for example. The 'continental hangover' doesn't truly show in FM, only manifesting itself in lower condition and fitness ratings, which to be honest, are negligible. Teams should have to deal with the complications of continental competitions, having to travel early to certain locations to assimilate with local conditions, and in doing so, have certain privileges banned from them, rather than just going through the day as though everything happens in the same office, on the same pitch. I should have to feel the preparation for a matchday as a virtual manager, and this could be further helped by making the training model less static and simply a matter of sliders.

Just a couple of thoughts worth looking at here I thought I should share ahead of FM11 and perhaps future editions.
    some excellent ideas here

100% agree.

Banned

I think we need a new potential system(like in FIFAM's talent system)

Third Team

Merchandise needs a good boot up the rear end.

Specifically, signing US/Japanese/Chinese players and possible touring of those countries.

When Landon Donovan came to Everton, there was a fair bit of interest in Everton coming from the US; fans of Landon that follow him and the team he plays for. If he signed permanantly, i've no doubt Everton would have picked up some more fans in the US and certaintly raise their US profile. This isn't reflected in the game though.

Also, perhaps Sponsorship could be looked at it. Maybe the Chairmen can sign deals with corporations from country X which raises the profile of the club in that country? Much like Everton and the Thai beer, Chang. Ordinarily, i doubt we would have that big a profile in Thailand if it weren't for the Chang sponsorship deal.

Third Team
    Speak ill of Sweden again, and I swear I'll steal a B-52 and bomb you back to the dark ages.

I know this has been mentioned before, but still:

I want to be able to chose what languages I speak and my knowledge as a manager when I start a new game.

Banned

If you're a top manager, maybe the best even and you take over a crap team/nation the game doesn't really seem to acknowledge it, the media don't wonder why, bookmakers don't trim your teams odds, players dont say things like with X at the helm anythings possible etc etc.

It's a management game, more should be done to reflect the status of the manager in the game imo.

Lurker

Default The daily training: Put the training in 3D.

Hello

I apologize in advance for my English.

There is an especially things that absolutely must change FM.

The daily training: Put the training in 3D.

The training is really not very interesting.
    But in reallity the daily training is still the important thing for the coach and players.
    It is the training that the coach puts his tactics in place and evaluate players.

Imagine that the players (coach) can choose various phases of play.
    Testing Free-kicks with certain players or test offside with defense players etc.
    Also see the form of a players before a match. For example: The coach may be a phase of a game against striker against goalkeeper and see which player is in form finition.etc

At the end of the day your assistant makes you a little report of the training.

And it may well go further. Remove squarely attributes of players. They are no longer visible. The coaches must evaluate the players in training, matches and with his assistants.

This will make the game much less bland.

I wait impatiently for your reaction.

Bye

Amateur

Just a few ideas.

for starters.

fix set pieces from being screwed over by january when someone finds the 'perfect' setup.

perhaps, even show examples of your set pieces in 2d and 3d, imagine the arrows and detailed player runs etc like what is detailed in the analysis screen on match day, and then replicating what you pick in a 3d example at your stadium, maybe even in training tops!.

player and staff interaction :
    be able to tell a player or staff member attend your office where you can have a press conference style meeting without the press, where you choose the topics to talk about, this would be ideal with captains, where you could ask about the team and how the chemistry is. or asking staff members about if players are pulling their weight.

this ones a bit gimmicky but i will say it anyways.

when choosing to go on holiday in close season, have a notice screen informing you of 'possible transfer targets' that are taking leave in different citys, countries. where you could travel to, and have a new style interaction. where the conversation can go down the regular interest in signing right down to the total poaching of players that can improve your chances of signing with a risk of a fine for improper conduct.

improve the sponsorship methods, dont add real companys, jus base them in certain countrys etc.

Really sorry if this has already been mentioned in this thread already but I couldn't seem to find it if it has. I was thinking it'd be nice if, when viewing the TV view of a match (on a 2D screen, not sure if 3D is the same as I don't use it), you could get all the match stat information (like formations, ass man feedback etc) to line up round the edges. For example, if I take match stats and place it down the bottom, when I open it up (or maximise it) to look at the stats it's fine, but when I go to minimise it the title bar ends up sitting in the middle of the pitch rather than reverting back to the bottom again, and I have to drag it and put it back. It'd just be nice so I could line all the info around the screen and not have to keep dragging it back into position after I look at it.

Here's a few pics just to show what I mean in case it's not clear:

It'd be nice if it could be done from the sides too. Hope that's useful!

Amateur

i hope there add an option where you start from the bottom as a youth team coach or reserve coach and be involved in first team like give the manager you opionon of who should be given ago in the first team from your squad and then you build your reputation up and then go onto be first team manager of a club i feel it would add more depth to the game. who knows the manager your working for as youth coach could take you with him if he gets a new job if your good enough. i feel that the training should be more complexed like you should be able to take sessions and instruct what to do each day like 5 a side games passing drills tackling drills and i think another cool thing would be that you should be able to be chairman and manager of club but not to start off with but when you get enough money from managing like wages and bonuses you should be able to make bids for a club like a lower league club as you wouldnt have enough money for top team to start off with and you should be able to choose a business to manage and obviously you just get updates of how business is doing and not be involved properly like real life but just sim.

Closed Thread
Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast