Closed Thread
Page 22 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 72 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,200 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Amateur

Well I posted this in its own thread last night, but was told that I should put it here... I'm gonna copy/paste it here, and add two more suggestions I wanted to add this morning.
    -------

Has ANY information besides the inclusion of new african leagues (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Manager_2009) been given about 2009 yet? With 2008 so unplayable (even if patched, many of the issues are considered WAD) i'd like to know if the series is actually gonna be going anywhere. Don't get me wrong - its still lightyears ahead of championship manager.... but that doesn't mean they shouldnt be improving the game- 2008 is more of a downgrade from 2007, especially when you consider how much slower it is- It shouldnt take middle of the road (3 gigs of ram) computer 4 Real Life days to play till 2011 from 2008.

In any case the point of this thread is less to complain, but to find out whats being planned for next years version. Here are some things I'd personally like to see.

1.) More lower leagues - include the Norweigen 3rd division, Unibond/British Gas/Ryman, etc. -- Nothing is more fun than to take a team from the bottom all the way to the top. I'm not saying go all the way down to Bristol Downs, but a few levels deeper in more leagues would definatly help.

2.) The ability to add and remove leagues from the game dynamicly (perhaps at a set point durring the year) - this is actually VITAL to keeping the series interesting. You don't always know what league your going to want to play in 10 game years down the line- as it stands in 2008, if you want to manage a team in China, and China wasn't selected when you started the game, than you have to start over and lose all your stats, and all the work you've done (which when you consider how long even a single season takes in 2008 would be a huge loss)

3.) no more "virtual" players -- all players need to be kept track of, and be recruitable. They don't have to be updated constantly like those in the main leagues at the time, but maybe once or twice a year update them.

4.) Stats should be on a bigger scale. What I mean by this is the maximum number for any attribute should be higher than 20 - maybe 100 or more. The difference between a top tier player and some 15 year old kid who can barely play is a lot more than 20 times the difference, and as it is now when your around the middle of the table theres no where really to go but to the really good or really bad players which have a huge difference between them- VERY unrealistic.

5.) A faster pace- more information should be done in the backround. Nothings more frustrating than spending an hour working on tactics only to have to wait 10 mins for a turn to finish immidatly afterwards. The game doesn't have to take every variable into account either, execpt for the league your currently playing in - It can randomize some information, and do lots of other tricks

6.) It needs to feel more like a game and less like an interactive spreadsheet. Give the game some music, use more graphics to represent stuff.

7.) An actual tutorial would be nice that explains stuff to people who don't know the sport as well as the average joe. Explain stuff like what a Playmaker and a Target Man is. Explain how to get the most out of your team, and how to adjust your tactics to the level you want.

8.) Make the game easier to get into by giving the player more "broad" ways of doing things. Stuff like "auto-complete" buttons for setting corner takers, etc. would be real nice. Its a real pain to have to adjust this stuff every time I get a new player.

9.) Give the AI more intelligence when it comes to players and teams. For example a newly promoted team should have a better chance of recruiting players than a team in the league they just left, but less of a chance than teams that have been there awhile.

10.) Give more variety of player names. At one point I had a team made up entirely of people with the last name Larson.

I can think of a lot more things i'd like to see, but what does everyone think about these suggestions, and what other suggestions do you guys have?

Amateur

oops forgot the two new ones...
    -----

11.) I'd like to see the game allow for changes in the "system" -- this is a HUGE part of football today, and is not reflected in any manager game. What I mean by this is for the heads of the various leagues to get together once a year and decide if the current structure is how they want it. I believe in England this is partially determined by the boards of the various teams, but I could be wrong there. In any case this would allow for new/changed leagues in a long game.

12.) Related to #11, I'd like to see the game be able to be started in earlier timeframes. I've read a few threads on this, and the answer always seems to be "no because our licincing of the clubs only covers this year" -- my response to that is than CHANGE THE LICENCING AGREEMENTS - At the very LEAST allow for games to be played using fictional characters in the earlier years -- all this while following the league rules of that time - and the "new" league rules might not necessarily end up being the same as they are now.... this would make for an amazing dynamic feature!

Amateur

grrr... got one more.... regarding your staff...

#13) I think the entire staff system needs to be re-worked. Obviously theres good staff and bad staff.... but this shouldnt be based on just one or two traits. Scouts for example should have attributes for finding players (making them show up on the search screen at all), determing skill and potential (as it has now), determining tactics (of opposition teams), and lots of other traits.... Physios on the other hand should have skills in treating injuries on the field, off the field, determing how long a player is going to be out for, seeing a potential injury before it happens, etc. -- stuff like that should be just the tip of the iceburg!

Oh yeah...#14) No more picture less players! Thats just annoying - if theres no picture, generate one! Also give the player a choice of pictures of there manager!

Reserves

A lot of the info on the manager's 'staff profile' screen is purely cosmetic (i.e. your supposed tactics, and your mentality don't affect anything), and the manager's Personal Information screen is a complete waste of time.

The manager's Overview should be with his profile on the other screen, which just leaves the superfluous happiness and half a page of blank screen.

There is so much potential here!

I would love FM09 to focus on developing the manager's personality and interaction with others so that the manger's mentality and tactical preferences (which you can select when setting up the game) make a real difference, both in terms of on-pitch activity and relationships within and outside the club.

Amateur

After watching Man Utd and Arsenal this week it struck me that (especially in Arsenals case) players pop up everywhere i.e Cesc will pop up left wing time to time and Kolo will often burst through the middle like he has been possessed by George Weah, and I think this is what makes them so good to watch.

The problem is that creative freedom in FM just means take long shots when a simple pass is on and mess up the move, and swap position only lets them move to one place instead of a few different positions.

I was thinking maybe something like a 'positional discipline' option on the tactics menu varying from rigid on one side to adventurous on the other, it would be nice to create a tactic similar to RL arsenal or Brazil 70 where players take up many positions and become nigh on impossible to mark.

Amateur

Potential rating:
    If a player has the potential to be a leading star, but put's in poor performances his potential should drop.
    If someone has the potential to be a decent player, but puts in brilliant performances and becomes top goal scorer etc, his potential should raise to leading star and even turn into a world class player.
    This would make the players more realistic.
    Hopefully they would do it in FM2009

Amateur

Now i know im gonna get stick for saying this but i would like to have the option of being an assitant manager! My reasons for this are say if you are not doing great with a team get sacked and then get a the assistant job at a club and control the reserves and under 18's then people might notice you! and also it would be good for when you are online with your mates! If you dont want to be an assistant manager then just dont take the job if you are offered it in the game! or have it as a download then we who want to do this can and those who dont can carry on!

Amateur

The only thing I particularly want to see is emergency loans that can be completed, obviously in emergency, at short notice. Such as a Friday day time loan that can be completed in time for a Saturday match.

Amateur

another thing that i would like to see is maybe the ivory coast leagues or some african country league look and there international players they look class and maybe there are some in the leagues! that we dont know of!

Amateur

This is something that i think would make player transfers more exciting and realistic:You should like i said before allow any club their real transfer budget like in real world because there is no point of playing game if you cant buy anyone,second transfer demands for players are too high for young players future stars price is between 10-30 million,and other good players that are not drogba,cristiano ronaldo price should be maximum 10-20 million.
    Then i think that you should see list of transfers in every country and see which players froma what counties do they buy because this would make game more realistic.
    Another suggestion is that you make that if you have good attackers and you dont have good midfield players to feed attackers with balls you cant score many goals especiall if you dont have ones like drogba and thery to run alone wit the ball and score a goal,also if you dont have good goalkeepers and defenders to stop opposition attacks you should take many balls in the goal home.
    Attributes do not show players ability for instance many players do not play good although they have good attributes why is that so i dont know but i hope that this will change in future version because player who has
    passing 20 should be world class passer and goalkeeper with reflexes 20 should save the goal lake the cat,attacker
    with 20 finishin and composure should score a lot of goals like luca toni and van nisterlooy and not like now they
    miss a lot of sitters and chances although they are going one on one with goalkeeper and have a lot of space to put ball behind his back or round him and score there are so many ways of scoring.Also clubs and nations should have in their first team:three gk-s,eight defenders two for every side(dc,dl,dr),eight midfielders(mr,ml,mc or dm,aml,amr,amc)and five strikers.And in nation setups there shouldnt be players that are close to retirmrnt that are not in form and arent playing for their club unless they have no other players.One last advice is that i think that it would be better if ability points would show percentages of scoring,marking,saving,passing examplelayer with 20 finishing should score in 99% cases if he is in situation of scoring.
    Thanks,and good luck.

Amateur

I have not tralled through 36 pages of suggestions so I wholeheartedly apologize if my suggestion has already been mentioned.

When going into the player search you can select your assistant manager to filter out players he does not think will sign for you. My idea involves being able to change who does the filtering out. I think it should be possible for you to make your head scout do this for you. This should get a far better picture of players that will want to sign for you, than if your assistant manager does it.

yurii123

I wish you could choose a penalty taker right when the penalty happens, because sometimes i have a player thats on a hattrick and then i have to go into my tactics and change things, or sometimes I want the guy who gets fouled to take the pk (that is if he is exceptional at taking them).

Amateur
    Bermuda, probably playing football or FM.

Another thing I'd like to see is being able to pick a side for your players to shoot on. (Like you can choose to show plyers onto their weaker foot, GK's profiles should mention whether they are right or left handed, and then being able to tell your players to shoot for his weak hand, which would make it easier to score one-on-ones etc.)

Amateur

English league system. If they have the Isthmian League South or whatever, they should make them playable.

Amateur

Board Room <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI> Request the type of feeder club you want, such as for work permits.[/list]
    Competition <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>Some stats in competition player stats should have a minimum games played, such as goals conceded.[/list]
    Scouting <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>Assign scout to a club (or its reserve team) for possible targets.
    <LI>Ask scout to target players for transfer or loan.[/list]
    Team/Players <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>Goalkeeper Goals Against Average stat.
    <LI>Make a player available to reserves until he is match fit--not just 5 days.
    <LI>Private interaction with players and team--everything is always public now.
    <LI>If a player is un-scouted and his abilities are unknown, your Asst should not be able to comment if he is a good signing or not on the "Approach to Sign" screen.
    <LI>When taking a job, staff who are also players should accept contracts as players only--since they will not accept mutual termination like other staff.[/list]
    Match <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>Make your own position presets for the "Set to" menu in the tactics screen.[/list]

Amateur

I posted up a few idea over the last few months in separate threads, I thought I'd consolidate them into the wishlist so they don't get lost forever.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Club Location Atlas - I'd like to see an ingame atlas system which will geographically show where any club in the game is located. I don't mean like a mini map but a full screen map zoomed into the chosen country. It be also of benefit to show where all clubs in a chosen league or competition are located as well. The map co-ordinates are already in the game and used for club city locations, no reason why this data can't be made better use of and it would really help to add some personality to the game. Check here for an exellent example of what should be available in the game.
    <LI>Tactical Changes Audit Trail - It be good if any player made tactical changes made during a match were recorded in the match report. This way when going back to analyse a past game you can keep track of what changes you made when.
    <LI>Match Highlights - Something we've needed since CM4 and that is being able to view highlights which are linked to match/player stats. An example is switching to the Match Stats screen for a completed match and click on 'Crosses Completed' and then being show a highlight of all the crosses in a game for better analysis. Another example is click on the Shots Off Target match stat and being shown all shots attempted by your team (or opposition depending what you clicked on) which were off target. For more granular highlights, switching to the team ratings screen, clicking on any of the individual statistics for a player would just show the highlights for the particular stat, eg interceptions.
    <LI>More Statistics/Graphs for Match Analysis - Continuing on with matches, we need more statistics and in more graphical terms. We need better statistics for possession and passing, showing who was keeping possession and who was losing it, what types of passes were being attempted and to whom etc. Here is an example of what be good to see. It be also good to be able to graphically see where each player is spending their time on the field. The field would be split up into small sections and when a player is selected, a percentage would be given on how long taht particular player spent there during the match.
    <LI>Tactical Diagram System - Since the slider system was introduced to replace the wibble/wobble screens, they've been a constant source of confusion and often frustration. I'd like to see the slider system moved to a more graphical approach so that most tactical configuration can be done on the graphic view for the tactic. Here is a very basic mock up of the desired system. The graphics would work the same as the sliders, so dragging the graphics around would do the configuration with the benefit of making it a little bit more meaningful of what you'd see in the 2D view. It might look confusing at first but sticking to a familiar notation system and having most settings (either team or position) displayed at once allows a better overview of your tactic as a whoole instead of having to click through each position.[/list]
    Summing up, with each release of FM getting more complicated and requiring more contant tweaking of tactics, we need access to better tools and data to help make our lives as managers a little more enjoyable and feeling less like frustrating guesswork. While a club location atlas does not directly add anything to the game, it would help break up the monotony of FM and ground the game back into the real world, instead of it feeling like a souped up spreadsheet.

Amateur

better stadium expansion with more orpions to talk with board (or make requests) like :
    -board, cut my wage and transfer budget to save enough money for future stadium expansion
    - make more pressure on local council to finaly approve building of new/expanding of old stadium
    -instead of expansion of e.q 3k make expansion of 10k at price of reduced wage/transfer budget

--etc..etc.

Amateur

new staff - media manager/pressagent (or something simmiliar) - simply person who handlle replyies to press questions (simpley way to get them riged off, instead of ignoring them)

Amateur

stadium expansions/new i believe you should have to neogotiate with the board on the capacity and how much it would cost. also i think that the whole of the finance control system should be revamped with things like ticket prices at the start of each season. Also better board interaction and fan interaction you should be able to tell the fans to make the attendances better etc.

Amateur

i would also like to see improvement onto the scouting i like it at the moment but i believe the scouting and the youth part could be so much better with things like training camp around places and the bigger your club then the further your scouting can go!

Amateur

i would like them to take their time for the next version and not sell us this rubbish 2-bit piece of s**t

Amateur

Originally posted by sinead87:
    i would like them to take their time for the next version and not sell us this rubbish 2-bit piece of s**t
    I agree. Fm08 was too flawed I reckon, still played it a fair bit, but not as much as earlier versions

Still the greatest game I´ve ever played though.

Amateur

Originally posted by sheriffpatgarrett:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sinead87:
    I agree. Fm08 was too flawed I reckon, still played it a fair bit, but not as much as earlier versions

Still the greatest game I´ve ever played though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean the CM/FM-series

Reserves
    Granada, Spain @GranadaCdeF_en & @HeathISF Editor: InsideSpanishFootball.com

A minor thing I would like to see is a "little bit more" with media options when commenting on a dangerman before a match.

You only get to say something negative if he's a former player. This should be expanded on to offer positive/negative/neutral/mind games options, as with managers.

I'm sure there's many of us who would like the option to "try" unsettling a teams most influencial player before a match.

Amateur

Sorry if my idea has came up but 36 pages is a lot.

My idea is nothing big but i would like to see more facts/milestones on players or even teams, e.g - if "player A scores against Team B today, it will be his 25th goal against them since joining Team A in 2005". And "It will be the first time ever these two teams histories have met in the league/cup" Things that commentators would say now and again.

These little touches make the game a bit more realistic imo.

Also why not have inbuilt challenges in the game? You email SI with your best challenge (e.g- Dafuage's challenge)and say the 5 or so who are the best get put in the game and all you do is click the challenge button at main menu and choose from the 5, and maybe new challenges should be put in with every offical SI update.

Amateur

Closer Attention To Player Development and Regens

Simple fact is that players in FM decline far too rapidly above a certain age. While it is true that the most professional and talented players can perform well into their thirties, beyond 34 or so years ability drops off extremely rapidly. For example I've noticed that every version for the last 5 years has seen Maldini decline rapidly once the game starts. While I'm not suggesting that SI should try to be psychic with regard to player development and Maldini is an oddity, it's clear that no player currently below 35 years old will ever come remotely close to the ~150CA Maldini is currently judged to have at 39, showing that the game does not correctly handle aging players.

I could also look at the start of a player's career in this way. On any starting FM database, there will be several very hot prospects capable of playing to a reasonable stadard in any league at a young age. This year it's Bojan, Pato, Aguero, etc and previously, Messi, Rooney and Adu were all star buys. However, after a few years it's clear that very few young players can cut it at the top, instead taking until they are much older to produce top form. I've looked at a lot of games in ten years time and the few regens really doing the business are in their mid-20s, the rest of the most prized players being today's youngsters.
    Regens start way too poorly and develop far too late.
    It also appears that all players develop at the same rate, meaning there are no young superstars or late bloomers (Toni, Crouch...). They all hit their peaks around 24-25. I'd love to be shown that this isn't true but I've never seen a truly awesome regen to rival Silva or Messi.

Amateur

No mother *****n bugs

Amateur

Originally posted by FM-GAMER-4-LIFE:
    No mother *****n bugs
    no mother broken bugs?

Amateur

Some extra modifications FM needs to make it more streamlined.

Can the Next Opposition Scout report please be added to the Match screen. It's annoying to not be able to see this information when you enter a match and I often refer to this information when setting opposition instructions. Clicking in and out is tedious. Also, can the weather conditions please be added to the Pre-Match Analysis screen because the only time you can see it is after the match has started.

With team talks, the assistant manager team talk feedback should be added to the match result summary news item you receive after a match because that is often the time you want to review this information.

Amateur

Assistant Manager Functionality

I'd like to be able to be appointed Assistant Manager of a nation (a'la Steve McLaren) whilst still managing your club (or maybe not, if you so choose). In addition, if you manage a club in a lower divison, or are unemployed, you should be able to apply to (or be appointed by) other clubs as their Assistant Manager. It'd be a far more realistic way of achieving higher league experience and could offer you plenty of functionality including making recommendations for tactics/changes (voluntarily or when asked), arranging training schedules and friendlies, and taking charge of reserve team games.

Amateur

Recommend A Successor

If you leave a club on good terms, you should have the option to recommend a successor, as often happens in real life. This could also happen at a national level, as when Premiership managers were consulted prior to Fabio Capello's appointment as England manager.

Amateur

Hello I would like this implemented in a game:
    -I would like that if players are going on far place or country that they could tire,and travel could lower their mental condition because of that(longest travel more tired,and nervous players)
    -Then in both previous and in fm 2008 manager games there was that players like paolo maldini,and costacurta and many other old players were wanted by other big clubs and now i ask myself how could this be first they are dedicated to the club and second they are far too old that big clubs could have interest in these players-for the sake of reality.
    -I would like that you begin making new game with features of football manger 2006(for me it was the best).
    -I would like that tactics dont have main part in the game because i think that if you havent good players tactics wont help you either(would like that main factor are players)
    -I heard some manager when he said that players who are recovering from injury have to train 6 months before they can catch their real form,and i would like that this is in the game).
    -I would like that when some club is buying player from one country that other clubs dont follow them and buy other who have left because in that way they lower club strength.
    -I would like that you fix graphic part of the game because we are bored after some time because of monotony.
    -Make that in tactic screen instead of marking player who you want that your players mark,tackle,or closing down that you give order to some player(it could be defensive midfielder or any other player)who do you want to him to mark like in total club manager where you could give orders which player you want to mark opposition player.
    -Last advice is to put in the game some sort of radio or mp3 player because every good game must have music in it it is the mark of excellent game.And there should be video and music when game starts like introduction.
    Thanks!!

Amateur

Without reading all 36 pages I have this idea, sorry if its been posted!

How about the option to upgrade the training facilities of one of your feeder clubs. This would benefit any loaners you send there.

If you do this then the link cannot be broken by them, only if you want to break the link.

Amateur

the things I would personally like to see in the new FM would be :

1. complaints about referee's

2. less fixture pile up

3. better match engine

4. to be able to design your own strip

5. handling sponsorship deals

6. more options on the team talk page, everytime i want to say something to the players i have to settle for another options because the thing i want to say isnt there.

7. less stupid actions from players, eg. watching the ball roll past them in fromt of goal leading to the opposing team scoring the winner, or passing to the opposing team, i know it happens irl but come on not as much as it does on FM08 its ridiculous.

8. sort out training trips and morale-boosting events such as nights at a restaraunt or something like that.

9. id like to have private talks with players if they have dissed me or blabbed to the media, i think it is weird the only way you can talk to your players is through the media.

10. to be able to practice certain moves on the training ground such as styles of free kick passing moves etc.

these have probably been mentioned, but this is what FM08 is lacking in my opinion.

Amateur

Hello,today this come on my mind:I would like that when you win some cup or champions league or uefa cup that all prize money goes to the my own budget that nothing goes to the club but that all money goes to me or if money goes to the club(personal)
    I would like to have anything with finances or budget because i think that is a job of club board(i would only like to give my shortlist/wish list to the board and they should buy me a player)
    Then i would like that player ask value isnt so high because maybe best player zinedine zidane has been sold for about 72.000.000,00 euros and there shouldnt be any player that is sold much higher because in game ask value for david villa is 100.000.000,00 euros which i think is way too much unrealistic for 100 million i should build a dream team i want to say that there should be only messi,c.ronaldo,or someone else who should reach price for about 100 million.
    I would like that club accepts players in exchange for a wanted player if he has enough quality and his value reaches asking price.
    I would like better that you take your time and make a game that is worth of playing than releasing half-product.
    I would like that you release beta version of the game with all mentioned features and then gamers who play the game report any bugs and recommendations and then you fix that and THEN you release real game!
    This is only thing i had to say!

Amateur

I would SI to less biased to the top 4 teams in England, no matter how good you play, how many goals they score they will always win. For example I'm Sunderland played Aresenal away. 2-0 to me a half time. 12 shot to their 2 none on target. Ended up losing 3-2 with them having 4 shot on goal to mine of 10. Something the SI will have to fix as those teams are good but not that good.

Amateur

I would like the following to be considered for FM2009
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Season ticket update and estimated revenue from it
    <LI>financial report of teams during calendar year stating who made amazing profit or losses
    <LI>scaling of corporate membership vs genuine fans
    <LI>estimated revenue when clubs sign high-profile players, for e.g. Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo etc
    <LI>Clauses in staff contracts, for e.g. not signing directly for rival club[/list]

Amateur

I Realise this is probably too late now but i think a good feature if not for patch 8.0.2 but for fm 2009 would be for clubs that are in debt like for eg man utd or other similar teams that have won a lot since the user has taken over and therefore become ridiculously rich, i believe a good option would be to opt to pay off the 200 million debt in 1 go for eg if of course they have a huge amount in the bank like say 700 million as i have made that much money by 2014 using man utd before and been extremely annoyed that im still paying 5 million a season off when i could just get rid of the debt completley with the amount ive got in the bank

is this a possibility si?

thanks
    Martin

Amateur

I'd like to see a manager star rating feature, giving us as managers the ability to star rate players as we see fit. The normal 7 star rating would apply but would function similarly to the star rating system in Windows Media Player.

It be handy for putting our own rating against players our scouts recommend as a reference to to refer back to later, or used on our own squad as 'tag' like system to refer back to later if we are thinking of transfer listing them.

Sometimes player notes are too fiddly and especially for our own team, the squad status is too final.

Reserves

This hasa probably already been mentioned but I can't be bothered too go through 36 pages of posts.
    I would like the option to return from holiday "if offered a job" instead of applying for one as I have had lots of job offers when I have been on holiday which I haven't applied for.

Amateur

Id like to have a go at my chairman for selling players from underneath me,and id like to make it public that its this ***** and not me selling them!!!!!

what about press conferences, where you are asked questions about your line up, opposition, player form, injuries, disciplinary matters. Also being able to make public comments about the fact you have dropped a player because he was absent from training or something.

also i think it would be good to be able to try and select "resolve issue" with a player. maybe they are unhappy because they want a move and this way you could negotiate with them, to either tell them you will let them move on or you want them to stay because they are crucial to the future.

oh and sort out the bloody transfers! i am not paying £25m for someone who is alright but not world class yet!

Reserves

Originally posted by llama3:
    what about press conferences, where you are asked questions about your line up, opposition, player form, injuries, disciplinary matters. Also being able to make public comments about the fact you have dropped a player because he was absent from training or something.
    I second this!!!

Amateur

Its probably been mentioned somewhere else, but i would like to have the option to talk to a player about sending him on a short-term loan to gain match fitness, eg:
    Sending a good striker who has just come back from a long term injury to a lower league club to get going again.
    Dunno about others but i find it impossibke to convince older players to go out on loan because they dont see a benefit, well this would at least be an attempt to convince them of the benefit.

Amateur

Originally posted by sixsecondsleft:
    Board Room <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI> Request the type of feeder club you want, such as for work permits.[/list]
    You can, when you'v been at a club for a while

Amateur

Someone said it earlier.

SI I want my MANAGER PROFILE screen to be detailed.

I want stats about what Ive done, personality type

Amateur

Hello,I hope that i am not annoying but i have new fresh ideas to make this football simulation realistic and better and first of all playable.
    I would like that on that there are shown all players on player search screen like in database because although i select country and i am playing with club from it it doesnt show me all players,and it would be easier to find certain player.
    When i click on continue i would like to see instead of fixtures famous managers sentences like in call of duty or training tips of famous trainers or managers in the world.
    fixtures should be processed without showing on the screen if it is possible.
    I would like that clubs are playing friendly matches with clubs who are on pre-season trips like them.
    Scouts should seek for young players and not old
    and should more find wonderkids or better players.
    In every country there should be their own currency instead now where for all countries is same currency.
    Players who are injured or lack of form their attributes should fall and when they get in form they should rise.
    Mayor clubs of any country should have big amount of cash to buy better players and i think
    big clubs shouldnt have less money than 10 million or if they do players values should be lower to regulate buying power.
    I should be able to buy also trainers or national managers for my assistants,if not in first then after first season.
    In beginning we should be able to choose our assistants,coach,physio,goalkeeper coach...
    Match should be won by team who has better attackers in most cases,and attackers should score only if you have good midfielders who should be able to pass the ball.
    I would like that players in selection screen are divided by lines like sections.
    GK
    -----------------
    defenders
    -----------------
    midfielders
    -----------------
    attackers
    transfers screen should be like in transfermarkt where you can choose country division and there are all clubs and their transfers.
    There should be and list of biggest transfers.
    Bigger clubs from any country should have bigger knowledge than smaller clubs and should be able to send scouts to any country.
    clubs should invite less known players on trials before they buy them.
    In match there should be important who plays and not how high club reputation is because it doesnt matter if it is real madrid,barcelona or arsenal if they dont play in their strongest setup and if they miss key players.
    Thank you if you read this,and i hope that all from this and my past posts will be in game and of course i have read many excellent post here and i hope that they are going too be in game because they may have that i havent mentioned and please read all pages.Thank you.

Amateur

The one thing i`d like in future games is for one on ones to be fixed so players don`t just kick it straight at goalies sometimes they do actually go round them, lob them or bend it round them. Transfers should be more realistic as well.

Youth Team

This is just a small idea, which would not add much to the game overall but would be a nice touch I think:

Testimonials

I'm currently playing a game with Blackburn and I'm into the 2016/17 season. Some of the star players from the start of the game such as Gamst Pedersen and Christopher Samba are now well into the 30s and approaching retirement. It would be a nice touch if a testimonail game could be organised for such players, as happens in the real world. Old stars could return/ come out of retirement for a one-off game as recognition of the player's long service to the club. Currently, it just seems that most of the star players from the start of the game get unhappy and want to leave as they lose ability and end up in the reserves. A testimonial could be a better way to round of their career before retiring/ dropping down to a lower level team.

Banned
    We must abolish slavery, 150,000 grand a week, how do they expect him to live!

testemonials would be a good feature maybe not actually show the match or have details, preobaly wouldnt have the stats on reitred players or be able to put them back in but if we just got a message saying thetestemonial game was played against like either another one of the player in questions faoured clubs or his nations classic XI im pretty sure it wouldnt take much doing as no actualyt players details would have to be givn

Amateur

I would like this in new football manager 2008/2009:-That attributes on players mean something because when i sen my scouts on some player he reports to me that some players whose attributes are 18-20 isnt good for me,if he isnt that good why he has so good attributes,and players with excellent attributes should play superb only if they are being injured or have low morale they should play bad.Then i would like that you put in real condition of a player which he has in real world(for example ronaldinho isnt in good form and he shouldnt be in manager and then we must make that he go back onto his real form)
    -every season there should be that players who are randomly selected become new wonderkids or become top-class players because in that way we could buy new wondrkids every new season and it would be like in real world.
    -Regens should come from affiliated clubs or form from that country.
    -I would like that in editor i could make my own
    prices of players in that way i could update prices from transfer market.
    -I would like that you make smart AI which would make harder opponent and make game more interesting that he knows through which side he should attack and he should know which is my weakest link and it should depend on ability of a trainer.
    -And last thing i would like that on load all players from i could load players from leagues(divisions) i want,and most important thing is that you make realistic transfer system.Thank you!!

2 more small things. a player can dislike a club but i think it would be realistic if they also disliked certain countries. the reason being that on FM i saw Jose Antonio Reyes sign for liverpool, he hated the english lifestyle and climate, thats why he left. why on earth would he return 1 year later?

also some managers do not want to control a national side so a rating should be added as to their international ambitions. 20 for wants to manage a nation so much he would kill for it, 1 being would do it even if they paid him as much as capello.

Amateur
    If only there was an exam on obscure footballers.

FM 08 is class btw, just a few improvements

1. On previous page being able to select type of feeder clubs you want.. also to have more say in which feeder club you ould like rather than being given 4 rubbish ones to choose from

2. Ultimate soccer manager 96 style tactics screen where you get to design your own set pieces to be implemented in a match situation... this could also be backed up by scouts scouting opposition teams and giving feed back on set pieces and an option on the tactics screen to be able to defend opposition set pieces.

i dont know about any1 else but i think its a good idea

yes i like the idea of designing own set pieces, also getting the players to use specific moves during a game would be good too, asking them to look for a pass rather than shooting, playing 1-2's, overlapping fullbacks etc etc

Amateur

Hello i was going to update my "fm 09 ideas" thread but it got close and i guessed its because everyone starts one of those threads once a day :P....so i searched and found this thread.
    Here is my last thread:
    http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5211026...172092563#4172092563

Here is my latest ideas :P:

Small clubs that manages to get to uefa cup should be able to move their matches to a nearby bigger stadium which happens in real life.
    I also believe there is some requirement from UEFA to the clubs about the stadiums.Im guessing now but i think some stadiums need to be in "good shape" and have for example 5000 seats at minimum, im guessin but its worth looking it up.
    Im playing with Falkenberg(Division1 sweden) and they have a 2000(1300seats) "Stadium" and i guess that irl both uefa and Falkenberg would want to play the game in a nearby Stadium that meets the requirements.

And heres one thought i had about Feeder clubs:
    Im currently playing online with 2 other friends and when i was in the lower divisions i wanted to become
    a feeder club for one of my friends, that meant also that i could loan some players from him.
    So my idea is that you could request the board to consider you becoming a feeder club with another team because of the good relationship with the other teams manager.
    I also believe that feederclubs should be the Managers job, but the board should consider it.(Or it could depend on how much "intefering" stat the president of the club has)

I had this idea that you should be able to do "contracts" with the clubs you want to co-operate with and that the money should be taken from the transferbudget. In this way the smaller clubs would get an extra amount of money beside the crappy sponsor money

I kinda wrote those in a hurry so forgive me if you dont understand all and im sorry if this have been brought up before in this thread...havent got the time yet to read throught(but will do!).

Thanks

Lurker

I don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone before, but I think you should be able to give a brief teamtalk to each subsitute when they're due to join the game, specific to the current situation, and with an opposition instruction as well. Such as "go on and push forward to get a goal, keep it tight and don't take any chances, try and get amongst it - improve your match fitness". Oppostition instructions could involve sticking to their key matchwinner towards the dying minutes of a game.

Just a thought!

Cheers

Amateur

Originally posted by philliptasker:
    I don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone before, but I think you should be able to give a brief teamtalk to each subsitute when they're due to join the game, specific to the current situation, and with an opposition instruction as well. Such as "go on and push forward to get a goal, keep it tight and don't take any chances, try and get amongst it - improve your match fitness". Oppostition instructions could involve sticking to their key matchwinner towards the dying minutes of a game.

Just a thought!

Cheers
    great idea had same thoughts sometimes during a match

Amateur
    somewhere, where I don\'t know where I am

A few ideas i would like to see implemeted.

Target Men

Rather than choosing how to focus passing to the target man on team instructions, I think a better idea would be to have drop down boxes at the side of the player once you have dragged them in to the target men field. This way I would not have to keep changing the team instructions to accommodate which target man is playing (basically I forget to change it sometimes, resulting in me aiming passes to Tevez as if he is a tall striker with good heading ability)

Partnerships

I would like to see a partnership comparison screen added to help determine which players are better suited together. The screen could show win/draw/loss ratio, goals, clean sheets, assists, average rating, etc.

Media Interaction

I think the media side should have better AI involved. It’s very rare that I answer any of the media queries, this should result in them not asking my opinion on things as they realise the answer is going to be “no comment”. An alternative is to assign it to the Ass Man (like Redknapp, Allerdyce and Ferguson do for the BBC).

Processing Screen

Rather than just showing team stats whilst results are being processed, player stats should be displayed or if possible team stats from other countries you have running.

Set Pieces

Set pieces are really important to most teams yet it is not possible to actively create good set piece routines. A set piece editor is required to assign starting positions and where to attack the ball. For example, a lot of teams have all their players stand near the penalty spot and as the corner is being taken they run to their specified zone. This creates confusion with defenders and can result in players getting away from their marker for a free header.

Bench Comments

During the game it can be very easy to miss things, especially if you play it at high speed. Bench comments would be useful to point out things you may have missed such as formation changes by the opposition, knocks to players, pitch/weather conditions. All things that are displayed but may have been missed could be added. In the case of injuries and knocks it could display what the injury is so we can determine if they can continue the game. I do not want the bench giving me hints to what I am doing wrong or how to beat the opposition only items that are available to me.

Inbox

The inbox is a good addition in my opinion. It saves me having to wade through news items I have no interest in but it can be improved. I should be able to select which items I want to read about. At the moment I am only made aware of things like job vacancies and player awards if my name or the club is involved. I would like to choose to receive these news items.

Part-timer

A TABLE "CONSTANTLY" SHOWING WHO AT YOUR CLUB IS HOME GROWN AND/OR TRAINED BY YOUR TEAM FOR ENOUGH TIME, TO THEREFORE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY IN EUROPEAN CLUB COMPETITIONS.

Please. For obvious reasons - you don't want to be selling one player too many, that you end up learning you needed to complete the European squad, later on when it's too late.

It's not good enough to just show you who fulfills the requirements whenever you actually need to submit the squad. And it's waaay too much work to manually find this out. With a section showing this, that you could refer to whenever you plan on selling or buying, it would make FM life a whole lot more fun.

Amateur

More youth development would be good,

FA You cup, u16 teams, and more international competitons for youth players ie the victory shield!

Amateur

i think it would be a good idea for reserves to play more games like up north the likes of man utd reserves and bolton reserevs play in the manchester senior cup so why dont we have them in fm09 and hampshire senior cup for team like pompey reserves it would be good for fringe players to get more games under there belt

Amateur

bvery simple - nore space between player position - status- and name.
    With status I mean - light injury/yellow card/red card.
    For simple reason - if one (or more) of my players get yellow card and then pick up light (green) injury (or vice versa) - is displayed only one status (card). This is not ideal and sometimes lead to wrong decisions. :-(((((.

Amateur

ass man aranging friendlyies for reserve/u18 teams too, not only for senior squad. (for more match expirences/fitness not for income).

Amateur

This is what i would like to see in new game:1)I would like that when you win some competition like (national league,world-cup,champions league,UEFA cup or any)that you get trophy for that i mean that you make trophy room where are shown all trophys that you won.)I mean graphical shown not only listed.please!!
    Then team that won some championship should be saved to best XI.
    2)I would like that when i win championship that it gets saved and that when you start new game with the same profile that all wined championships and trophys from previously saved profile stay like you continued game.
    That my attributes and reputation rise when i win some championship or league,and other clubs should be interested in me.
    3)I would like that if club doesnt make good results manager gets kicked out in first half of season or in the end.
    4)On editor I would like that there is some tool that allows to me to select the players that should play in some club i mean from which country should they buy most players.
    -And that in editor i can select players who should play for the nation if you dont fix that before me.
    5)I would love that you make that when players shoots ball towards keeper that it looks like he caught ball but ball slips trough into goal or through legs.
    6)You should remove tactical attributes because i have felling that even if i buy best players in some team that used to be weak they still dont win.Club strength should depend on players ability and attributes and of course form and morale.It doesnt mean if i play against barcelona if they are plaing with reserve team i could win with greater goal difference.
    7)I would like that you fix that first division clubs buy players from foreign countries and they are 29-or more years old and close to retirement and they have no ability to play in that club.
    8)Fix that players like naldo(werder bremen)who play for national team are being transfered in lower side leagues they should go in better leagues if they are in form.
    9)Its stupid that if i play with dinamo zagreb and i get an offer for Luka Modrić who is amongst best players on the world of hannover who are not even in first 5 in german league i should get an offer from chelsea,barcelona,real madrid etc.
    10)And last and not less important that players status change as they play different role in team if player is in first 11 he should get status of Key player,first team or squad rotation or if he doesnt play constantly backup or not needed.Something else how can i lose with dinamo zagreb from teplice 3-1 because dinamo has beaten ajax and played good against werder,teplice sold their best player martin fenin and they arent so strong.
    Thanks i hope that you will make excellent game worth of playing with no patches to fix many bugs,and if you make it i cant wait to play it!!!

Amateur

The removal from the commentary of,

"thats his first ever goal for the club"

I swear if I see it one more time I'm gonna have some sort of FM related breakdown, with nightmares of being chased by "it's his first goal for club" slogans. lol.

Amateur

Recently I have noticed that it's said that European coaches prepare for the weekend game all week while British coaches leave it to the Thursday/Friday.

This got me thinking that perhaps at the start of an fm week you could have the option of telling your players to take training really serious this week etc.

I would also love to see the youth development side of the game updated as I love buying youngsters but they NEVER turn into first team players.

In the training side of it you should be able to allow your team practice penalties.

Amateur

*post deleted*
    Last edited by mjgill85; 16-07-2011 at 11:19.

Amateur

1) Transfer fees are completely out of proportion. Xabi alonso is not worth £41m, however good he is (i'm a liverpool fan btw)
    Teams spend £7m+ on average players. THis is probably because the AI managers can't be bothered to negotiate but i still think it's a bit ridiculous. This also means that real life no-hopers like Derby stay up for at least a season.

2) IRL once someone reaches 33 they are usually near retiring (except keepers), in FM, world class players stats never get worse, meaning players like Lampard, Terry, Gerrard, Carragher etc. don't retire until they are 38 or 39. This is because their stats are ridiculously high so they stay with the top teams till they retire instead of dropping down a division.

3) Not enough board takeovers to reflect how much football is now a very much comercial sport. Techinical directors should probably have profile screns as this would To make the game more real.

4) Also agents have to have a bigger role to make the finances more realistic.

5) i'm not trying to be a killjoy, but the big 4 is very easy to break into, especially liverpool and less so arsenal.

6) although managers have personalities, i think the team transfer policy and style of play should be more like real life (eg. arsenal just don't buy players like Goran Pandev, it would be better if they bought young players and developed them like they have IRL)

7)Managers are sacked after 2 months if they are not winning every game, even by real life standrads this is very quick

8) Is it just me, or is jose morinho never picked up by a single team?

Amateur

i forgot 1

there are loads of 'upsets' in the Premeir LEague (eg. Derby beating arsenal) but none in the Cups. I've given up hoping a team below League 2 get to the 3rd round of the FA Cup as it only happens once every 3-4 seasons then they lose 7-0 at home to some LEague 1/2 side who got a red card in the 1st mintue. Where are Havant and Waterloovile?

Amateur

although the media is quite good, i think it still needs variation and the commentary just hasnt changed since Fm 2007 at all as faras ive notcied

Youth Team

I would like to see FM with a prozone feature in there (an option to buy it when you have enough money) along with access to other staff like sports nutritionists, sports psychologists etc who also get more out of players than just coaching does.

Not sure if CM have a license for prozone or something though. Definately extra staff would be a step forward, using them to get more effort or efficiency out of your players instead of just using coaches to develop them.

Also different managing styles could come forefront into the game, for example if you were a disciplinarian then your players (especially young) will look after themselves better in future, increasing stamina and attitude if you have a softly softly approach, then they may go out of shape, or become more unruly making their stamina and go the wrong way, perhaps they then have problems with a new club if they move on and the manager is a disciplinarian. At the moment the description of the manager seems to mean nothing to their players.

Amateur

I would like to see the training aspect of fm improved! For example i would like them just to make it so that you do the training each day or could leave it for the coaches.

Part-Timer

When you choose to "attend" a match that you're not managing in, it would be nice to be able to leave whenever you want, rather than being forced to watch it for its entirety.

Part-Timer

Oh man, and while I'm on the subject, the newspiece after matches you attend?

I'm fed up of it saying "Media sources are baffled as to why he would watch", or the like, when I'm there to watch how players of mine that are on loan are performing.

Perhaps add a "Sources in the media suggest [MANAGER NAME] was there to check on the progress of loan players that played in the match", or something.

Amateur

I added this as a thread somewhere else but it was suggested that I add it here.

Not sure if this has been asked/suggested before and I really dont have the time to read this whole thread but here goes.

There is a need for SI to develope a way to make up your own leagues in the editor or in the game itself so that it is easier to make super leagues and what not.

Here is where I am coming from. I am from Ohio and being from the states, before I got cable, was only able to fullow footy online and or some ESPN shows. I was, therefore a serious baseball fan and at one time, I owed the other SI game, OOTP Baseball.

Now I have read a lot of the things over te past few years about why things are done hardcoded and what not but the reason I mentioned the above is this.

The MLBPA is as strict as FIFA or any other Football governing board and with OOTP, there is a way to, within the main game, design and redo the baseball league setup so that you can alter it to whatever you want, within limits. You can run your league as is in real life or go retro and play with any number of teams you want. You can move them from one league to another and, with the Baseball Encyclopedia, downloadable from its own site, you can even import great teams from past years to make your ulitmate baseball experience.

Now, I know that SI developed this for OOTP or at least it was there back when I owned the game a few years ago and I am wondering, why has this not been added to FM.

A simple thing really, that could allow you to alter the teams in any league by simply swapping them out. League rules could even be allowed to be altered and you could set things up anyway you want.

FM would be sold like it normally is but once you own it, you could be allowed to alter things the way you want them.

I only ask this as I have not the time to go through all the detailed changes that the editor requires to make a 'super league' and although I am not really interested in a start from scratch league editor, just a way to say, using the English leagues for example, to swap out teams from nonplayable leagues and just loading the english leagues for use and then you could put teams in and let the competition go.

I do understand that it could cause problems with nonleague comps, but that might not be so hard to fix????

Just an idea I dont think has been brought up and something I would love to see added.

Also, as in the explanation, does anyone know of anything like the Baseball Encyclopedia for Soocer/Football and if there is one out there, could be be also possibly looked into making a similar interface so great teams could be imported to FM's editor to add in to leagues?

Sorry if asked before but just really curious about these things.

Peace

Part-Timer

Originally posted by Dreaded Walrus:
    Oh man, and while I'm on the subject, the newspiece after matches you attend?

I'm fed up of it saying "Media sources are baffled as to why he would watch", or the like, when I'm there to watch how players of mine that are on loan are performing.

Perhaps add a "Sources in the media suggest [MANAGER NAME] was there to check on the progress of loan players that played in the match", or something.
    Ah.

I just got the kind of thing I was asking for in my second attended game. Nice one SI.

Amateur

Just a couple of things from me:

Firstly there must be some girls/women who play football manager, so when you create a manager profile...you can check a male or female box so the media section of the game can tell between male and female players.

Secondly, the option of when you leave a club for a new job, you can take your assistant manager with you, or at least when you join a new club your first job is too find an assistant manager.

Amateur

Firstly i would like to praise SI on releasing patch 8.0.2 because it fixed match system and players are playing much better and they score in more situations.But i would like that you make better game and that you put in all our suggestions because on this forum there are plenty of magnificent suggestions that would make game realistic
    Here are my suggestions:1)I would like that game should have more interaction with media and that media should give much more attention on whole game for example when i buy new player or release star player,or when there is some important match,when you are pursuing some player and for that should be news section which should be like newspapers and where you could cycle through all todays transfers,manager interviews,games of league of champions,games of national leagues,cups,in one word it should have all what sport news have.
    2)This is only because of graphical reason i would like that important games are viewed like on tv where you have list of players that are in todays team and trainers that are managing those teams,then players should stay in line like on tv and on each half of those two teams there should be their team logo like in pro evolution or in fifa.
    3)When players get in 28-29 they should think of returning in their mother clubs or if this club is poor and that it cant afford that player they should go in richest club of that country which can afford that players even in half of salary price.
    4)There should be shortlist when you are playing with nation because if i find player that i think is useful and i dont think to call him up for nation selection i should be able to put him on my shortlist and i know about national pool but i cant find anyone there it would be easier with shortlist.
    5)I was playing with czech republic and it was written that petr chech conceded 4 goals in 6 games but i didnt play any game and i found that it was related to his club chelsea but it said that for national squad he conceded only 4 goals and i think that should be fixed.
    6)And last one that when you are selecting teams for friendly matches you should be able to filter teams by leagues and not only by countries.
    Thank you on your time!!!

Amateur

surely its time to make the match engine just a little better lookin, not 3d or anything like that, just a bit better

Amateur

A feature that I'd like to have in FM09 is actually quite simple. I would love to receive monthly reports from own assistant manager/scouts from my teams players that are loaned to some other team. Basically it would mean that every time you get a monthly training overview you would get a short messages about your loaned out players like:

"Arturo Lupoli, Treviso, 5 games 3 goals and 1 assist, avgrat 7.20. Arturo has been in great form during this month and is showing signs of delevopment." or...
    "Alex, Santos, 0(1) games, 6.00. Alex has not been playing much during this month either. You should consider recalling him if situation does not improve during next couple of months".

This would make tracking ALL your players much easier and help you perhaps make decisions if your youngster is ready to play in your first team next season. Also this way those loanded out / 50% owned players would not suffer "out of sight, out of mind"-syndrome.

Amateur

I would like to see an option when loaning out young players (Maybe those under 23) that you are doing it so that they can get 1st team experience which will aid their development to your 1st team.
    Also the selling of players needs to be sorted out. I can't coment on what it's like lower down the leagues but when playing as a top premiership club it is so difficult/nearly impossible to sell your fringe players.

Amateur

agents in it would be awesome, trying to force through player moves!

Amateur

Something that I've really wanted to see implemented for years now is the option to change your away/third colours at the end of each year/every other year. It could be like when you're asked for your pitch size, maybe at the end of May you get a message requesting whether you wish to keep your current colours or alter them. I think this would be a nifty little way to contribute towards keep a long-term game fresh.

One obvious problem that this would bring up would be kit images, which I think could be worked around. There could be several generic templates in the game (basically what is currently used in the English Premier League), only they wouldn't be assigned to a team via the editor as images - I find it hard to explain what I mean, but they'd be part of the game, not images that are part of the game's database. Then when choosing your new colours you'd select a template and the colours of the shirt. Of course, for teams that have their actual kit in the game there would be an option to use an image put into the database, but to edit your kit colours the second year around I'd have to switch from the image of their kit to a template. Using an example, let's say I'm playing as Brighton. I play a season with their away colours being white but at the end of my first season I decide I want a change - so when given the choice, I can switch from the white and blue colours to lets say, red and black, with the little shirt being changed from the actual picture of Brighton's away kit to a generic striped red and black shirt. I think that would be how that could be worked around.

Hopefully some people got that?

Amateur

i think it would be a good idea for reserves to play more games like up north the likes of man utd reserves and bolton reserevs play in the manchester senior cup so why dont we have them in fm09 and hampshire senior cup for team like pompey reserves it would be good for fringe players to get more games under there belt
    I don't think reserve sides are allowed into the Senior Cups (or at least the Cheshire one) since the beginning of this season.

Amateur

I'd love the leagues below Blue Square to be playable. And also to have the option of managing a Women's footie team.

Amateur

Players on loan should be able to return to their parent club if they get an injury.
    A EPL team would have better physio facilities than a League 1 team, so my potential star youngster should return to my club to get the best treatment (decreasing recuperation time and the chance of the injury becoming reoccurring later) without cancelling the loan then trying to loan him again when he's fit.

You should be able to train tactics, players take time to learn a new tactic, but if you teach them about the tactic in training they should be able to use it in a match more effectively.
    You could train them in a couple (normal, attacking, defensive) so you could switch to them in a match without the usual 'play like morons for the 1st 6 games'

Tell the assistant manager to sell a player, I'm fed up of offering a player, no takers, offering again for a bit less, no takers, offering again for a bit less...
    The assistant manager should be able to do this to reduce the monotony.

Amateur

How about changing the game so that goals are only scored when the ball goes fully over the line!just conceded a goal that had half the ball still in play!needs sorting!

Amateur

Id like to see a small addition to the tactical part of the game, more specifically a "tactical fouling" slider. This would be a variation on time wasting and could be used to break up the game and frustrate the opponents, but on the other hand it could also lead to an increased risk of getting one of your players booked.

Amateur

Sorry for not checking all 37 pages so a few wishes might be mentioned before.
    I do have collected some ideas, suggestions and wishes from the German forum.

1) FM 09 available in Germany
    2) Medical facilities. Depending on the facility’s level you will get more information about injured players. Is he doing well? Might the injury take longer or shorter? Might he need an extra surgery?
    3) More different team, comments and PR interaction. Otherwise less repeated interactions. Really annoying to answer the same question again and again from. A must for a new PR interaction : Demand a place in the national team for your player in the press. Should be via player interaction.
    Players should have the chance to try to get the bottom of the manager’s decision e.g. player been substituted.
    Example for pre-match player interaction: “ You will be out for the next match if you do not show your best now.”; “You will be in the team next match day if you really fight now.”
    4) No private area like at the EA manager but it would be nice to see what has been earned while being manager. A Hall of Fame for the best earning managers. If not, there is no reason for giving manager contracts.
    5)Better match sounds. Hard to realise : Integrate fan songs like you find them on http://www.fangesaenge.de.
    Could bring a better atmosphere into the game.
    6) More variation when offering a contract.
    a) for older players : you get a job at the club e.g. coach or scout after your contract as player
    runs out
    b) grant the player kits sell profits
    c) tell player your plans. “I will build a team around you.”;”You will get more matches in my team.”;
    “You will become a national team player if you play for me”
    d) 1 or 2 years contract extension for both sides (player/manager)
    e) contract will be extended after “x” matches
    f) contract will only be valid for “x” league(s) e.g. the contract is valid for 1 + 2 German league.
    The team relegates to third division. The player can leave for free.
    7) Change kit style and colour.
    8) 2D stadium. Make a stadium change visible. Capacity reduced while stadium is been expanded. Bigger stadium after works finished.
    9) More nations. Saudi Arabia and African nations (Tunisia, Egypt).
    10) Start as player-manager
    11) Sign as B team or youth manager. You don’t have the freedom as a A team manager but the chance to gain reputation or in best case to take over the A team if the manager is sacked. Happens from time to time. After been sacked it could be a good way to get back into business.
    12) Better scouting e.g. in youth area and the report should include not only recommendation for the first team. Also for the reserve team. Could be useful there and has the chance to show that the scout was wrong on him. Not all attributes should be shown after the player scouted one time. There should be more differences between the scouts. A good or bad scout could make a decision for good or bad. Not so often as most of time they are right.
    13) More „Preferred Moves“
    14) A few powerful words for the substitute if he comes in during the match. “You make the difference.”; “Try to hold the score.”
    15) Groups in the team e.g. Brazilian, Germans, Croatians. Trouble between players. Could be two rivals meet at a club or two players disagree about their performance in the last match. Could be with fights. Must be well dosed as it is not that common.
    16) Fixed positions are good but it a flexible positioning should be possible. All around the pitch. The manager should have the chance to set the movement arrows variable. Free kicks should be more variable. The one on the top of the list does not shoot every free kick. Of course he is number one but at least the following 2-4 should shoot too. This makes it harder for the opposite team.
    17) There should be more news about top player and manager transfers.
    18)View more personal attributes : arrogance, greed, convenience (team), cheerful nature (do not show up in training or arrive late from holiday).
    19) Better engine. Make game faster.
    20) Indoor tournaments. Very common in German lower leagues. Normally third division, lower and local teams and without the top club’s A teams as higher injury rate than outside. Can be added to the fixtures screen.
    It’s a chance to earn some money for smaller clubs.
    21) The board changes sometimes to quick from happy to unhappy.
    22) Training camps in summer and winter for those leagues it’s possible. The German teams who can effort it go abroad for training in winter as the weather and facilities are better. FC Bayern is one club who get paid for it in Dubai.
    23) Editor ! It should be possible to export and import changed editor data. At the moment all personal changes must be done again if the is a new patch.
    24) Editor ! It should be possible to change the price money. Will this lead to cheating?
    25) Should be easier to loan or send player on loan. Especially loaning players to farm teams. Player refuse to often a loan.
    26) Should be more possible for lower division club to sign average to good free transfer players or contracted players. It’s not often but sometimes those players also join teams with a lower reputation. Reason: a) good payment if the club can effort it (Copado joined Hoffenheim); b) long time un-attached, need to get back into business; c) close to his home town, favorite club (Lawaree to Düsseldorf) ; d) he is an enfant terrible and the top clubs don’t want him (Ailton, wanted to join 2nd division club)

Originally posted by Equium:
    Something that I've really wanted to see implemented for years now is the option to change your away/third colours at the end of each year/every other year. It could be like when you're asked for your pitch size, maybe at the end of May you get a message requesting whether you wish to keep your current colours or alter them. I think this would be a nifty little way to contribute towards keep a long-term game fresh.

One obvious problem that this would bring up would be kit images, which I think could be worked around. There could be several generic templates in the game (basically what is currently used in the English Premier League), only they wouldn't be assigned to a team via the editor as images - I find it hard to explain what I mean, but they'd be part of the game, not images that are part of the game's database. Then when choosing your new colours you'd select a template and the colours of the shirt. Of course, for teams that have their actual kit in the game there would be an option to use an image put into the database, but to edit your kit colours the second year around I'd have to switch from the image of their kit to a template. Using an example, let's say I'm playing as Brighton. I play a season with their away colours being white but at the end of my first season I decide I want a change - so when given the choice, I can switch from the white and blue colours to lets say, red and black, with the little shirt being changed from the actual picture of Brighton's away kit to a generic striped red and black shirt. I think that would be how that could be worked around.

Hopefully some people got that?
    yes yes and yes! really like this, would also be nice to alter the way the kit comes out, hard to explain. u know when u have a striped shirt and the the game picks a new colour for the numbers, it wud be nice to alter the shirt totally so the shirt number is whatever colour i want etc

also the ability to create competitions on the editor, allowing us to pick our own rules, rounds and dates (provided they fall in line with current comps) meaning i could have a pre-season tournament annually!

Sickboy1975

1. This will depend on licences
    2. I think Physio's have an effect on this
    3. yes
    4. You can already see how much you have earned
    5. Sounds are limited due to licences
    6. possibly
    7. Not a manager's job
    8. doesnt appeal to me
    9. Depends on research
    10. Nah, its meant to be Football Manager not Player-Manager
    11. ?
    12. sounds ok
    13. yes
    14. yes
    15. fights wont be included for legal reasons
    16. dont understand
    17. example?
    18. This is part of the hidden attributes
    19. This is worked on every year
    20. suppose
    21. examples
    22. yeah
    23. not possible
    24. you can change ticket prices already in the editor
    25. yes

Amateur

manager contracts;
    some other incentive other than more personal money (that means nothing)
    maybe the ability to spend your earnings to upgrade your profile.
    this would be something to aim towards longterm other then the hall of fame

Originally posted by arseneknows:
    manager contracts;
    Personally spending money is something that I hope wont happen in FM, its too much like FIFA manager which is crap

Amateur

Originally posted by Michael Foster:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arseneknows:
    manager contracts;
    Personally spending money is something that I hope wont happen in FM, its too much like FIFA manager which is crap </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know what your saying, dont want to go all gimmicy but, as it is now, you cant improve yourself as a manager enough

i dont see a reason to alter the manager wages thing, i see it as an indication of status, the club you are at the length of deal and how much they are prepared to pay you. i got offered £120,000 a week by arsenal on a 5-year deal - fantastic stuff!

Lurker

Originally posted by Michael Foster:
    Sickboy1975

18. This is part of the hidden attributes
    No, the things mentioned arent.

Moreover, you are talking to the German HR like he didnt know anything about how the db works.

Amateur

Beside the rules of Under-18 and Board forcing manager to sell player, i would like to see the other side of those issues, where player has at least a possibility of interaction.

Steeno2007

i think footy manager shud allow you to create your own kit after season is over kits get really boring and would add some depth also make goalkeepers less good its really annoying batterign west brom wid liverpool with 20 goals on target n aving no goals go in

Reserves

I'd like a team talk saying 'do it for me lads', that could appear on your 100th game with the club.

Or, if you are under pressure, then 'ignore everything going on out there, focus on the game'.

Third Team

Correct application of league rules regarding parent/feeder relationships.

Being a feeder club is banned by all UK FA's & the DFB.

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 72 ... LastLast