Closed Thread
Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,500 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Third Team

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Quote Originally Posted by roflbanana View Post
    1. More realistic friendly/cup scores - Every time a non-league side comes up against a Premiership side, the score is usually about 11-0.
    2. Less first half goals - In my game, most goals seem to come in the first half.
    Are you saying the scores should be lower or higher?

Youth Team

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Those results are because the computer always plays the full strength team. In fact, Wengers teams should be programmed to play the youth players, as that's what he does in cup matches, like league and fa cup.

And it's common for managers to play their youth in the early stages of cup games against lower opposition.

But it never happens in the game.

Youth Team

*posted elsewhere on forum, but this is the offical thread so... *

I had an idea before where I reached 100 years of age.

I had accumulated a good wealth. I would have loved the option to Retire, then be presented a bunch of clubs within my wealth that I could acquire.

Then when I start as a new manager within the same game that I could manage this club, the club would have a new chairman (aka me) and they would be wealthy. I still get to manage the club but the chairman would be my prior self before retiring.

I think that would be good. Better than getting to 100 years of age, which is silly.

As a manager you should be retiring around the 70 year mark.

You could then keep on going with acquiring clubs as a new manager every 40 seasons or so.

I think that would give you a reason to keep on playing in the same game over many generations.

Banned

An idea on a little weather implementation.

I play in the classic pitch view (my computer, sadly, cannot run your 3d engine -- one day), and I think it would be a nice and easy feature to add a small icon in one of the corners with the weather. Maybe a little icon showing the rain (which could change throughout the match), as well as wind and temperature. Sometimes, I forget to look at the information screen (for a whole match sometimes) to see how I should adjust my playing.

Also, some messages in the commentary box about the rain or snow bottling the play would be nice. All in all, I'd like to see the weather play a more present role in the match.

Cheers.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    *posted elsewhere on forum, but this is the offical thread so... *

I had an idea before where I reached 100 years of age.

I had accumulated a good wealth. I would have loved the option to Retire, then be presented a bunch of clubs within my wealth that I could acquire.

Then when I start as a new manager within the same game that I could manage this club, the club would have a new chairman (aka me) and they would be wealthy. I still get to manage the club but the chairman would be my prior self before retiring.

I think that would be good. Better than getting to 100 years of age, which is silly.

As a manager you should be retiring around the 70 year mark.

You could then keep on going with acquiring clubs as a new manager every 40 seasons or so.

I think that would give you a reason to keep on playing in the same game over many generations.
    Not sure if this has been posted before because I'm new here I have a variation for this idea and it's something I'd prefer.

As a manger you have the ability to retire whenever you wish, what I'd like to see is that whenever you retire, you can use any money you have earnt throughout your career to start your own academy similar to the Glenn Hoddle Academy in Spain.

The whole thing would be funded out of your own pocket, maybe a finacial director could be appointed to sort out seasonal sponsorship to help with the running costs. Then by hiring coaches to work at the club with you, you can train a number of youth players that are currently without a club and wasting away.

They can earn match experience by arranging friendlies with pro clubs during the pre-season and then during the season, you could arrange friendlies with reserve/youth teams. Also there could be a sort of exhibition game/tournament (around the time when players are on holiday) where you can showcase your players to clubs.

If players impress then they can either be bought for a small fee, to help recoup some of the seasonal costs or be approached for free with some kind of incentives (percentage of next sale etc).

The reputation of the academy can be determined by your reputation as a manager combined with the reputation of your coaching staff. For example a 'regional' academy is likely to only generate interest from local clubs, a 'worldwide' academy is like to draw attention from the biggest teams.

I have always fancied the idea of my own academy after seeing Glenn Hoddle Academy. Above is just a general idea of how it could work, it may need filling out a bit to make it worthwhile. It also gives some use to the career earnings. If at any time you run out of money for your academy, it could be shut down and you're forced back into management or to quit completely.

What do people think?

Youth Team

It's called Football Manager, not Football Academy Manager.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Timothij View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted before because I'm new here I have a variation for this idea and it's something I'd prefer.

As a manger you have the ability to retire whenever you wish, what I'd like to see is that whenever you retire, you can use any money you have earnt throughout your career to start your own academy similar to the Glenn Hoddle Academy in Spain.

The whole thing would be funded out of your own pocket, maybe a finacial director could be appointed to sort out seasonal sponsorship to help with the running costs. Then by hiring coaches to work at the club with you, you can train a number of youth players that are currently without a club and wasting away.

They can earn match experience by arranging friendlies with pro clubs during the pre-season and then during the season, you could arrange friendlies with reserve/youth teams. Also there could be a sort of exhibition game/tournament (around the time when players are on holiday) where you can showcase your players to clubs.

If players impress then they can either be bought for a small fee, to help recoup some of the seasonal costs or be approached for free with some kind of incentives (percentage of next sale etc).

The reputation of the academy can be determined by your reputation as a manager combined with the reputation of your coaching staff. For example a 'regional' academy is likely to only generate interest from local clubs, a 'worldwide' academy is like to draw attention from the biggest teams.

I have always fancied the idea of my own academy after seeing Glenn Hoddle Academy. Above is just a general idea of how it could work, it may need filling out a bit to make it worthwhile. It also gives some use to the career earnings. If at any time you run out of money for your academy, it could be shut down and you're forced back into management or to quit completely.

What do people think?
    An example scenario would be:

* Retire from a club having earnt £10m (for aguments sake).
    * Start your own academy "Forename Surname Academy"
    * Invest in training facilities (Basic worth £?m, Adequate worth £?m etc)
    * Approach coaching staff (Annual salary quoted by the weekly salary for guidance)
    * Approach scouts to look for unattached players showing potential
    * Appoach playing staff (Maximum 32 lets say, all under a certain age)
    * Set up training schedules
    * Arrange friendlies
    * Interact with players (develop skills such as "Shoot with power")
    * Arrange exhibition day
    * Negotiate transfers for players
    * Upgrade facilities (if budget permits)
    * Approach more staff
    * Approach the next wave of talent

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    It's called Football Manager, not Football Academy Manager.
    Well I agree with the name of the game. Just would like to see an extension to life after management, something a little different instead of starting a new game. Using your hard earned money and reputation to develop youngsters. Not suggesting it has to be a massively implemented feature of the game that takes up loads of space, just something simple. The academy could even be a part time job alongside management.

Besides, you'd still be managing, but there'd be no expectations as such. The focus would be on the players as opposed to results.
    Last edited by Timothij; 17-02-2010 at 12:33.

Amateur

Probably a bad idea but could we save players instructions when we tweak instructions so I don't have to tweak every game when I swap a playmaker for a pacey player (I use classic).

Amateur

Hi there,

I had an idea for a feature for FM2011. Playing reports. You'd send a scout to a match and he would come back with the player's preferred playing style, type of pass, etc.

I was watching a match between Barcelona and Betis to scout a player and I was wondering it would be nice to ask your assistant manager and/or scout to watch the game with you. Also, I'd like to see a feature that allowed the ass man to make a report during the match about a certain player. That way you would be able to have a report about his playing style

For example, you could have two drop down menus (one for each team) with the players on the pitch. Then you could choose one of them to scout.

What do you think?

Cheers!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Timothij View Post
    Well I agree with the name of the game. Just would like to see an extension to life after management, something a little different instead of starting a new game. Using your hard earned money and reputation to develop youngsters. Not suggesting it has to be a massively implemented feature of the game that takes up loads of space, just something simple. The academy could even be a part time job alongside management.

Besides, you'd still be managing, but there'd be no expectations as such. The focus would be on the players as opposed to results.

My idea is better, I think. You retire, buy a club you can afford. Adds a new manager, the clubs wealth depending on the amount you pay for club and the remainder.

Start life as new manager at a club that has investment. You then continue on as a new manager, but the Chairman of the club has your name there from your previous game.

Amateur

The ability to view all of one players goal for a given season or possibly his career? How amazing would that be to see a regens goals all played back to you?

Amateur

Id like to be able to drag whatever from tactic screeen to match view, like mentallity d-line time wasting so i can quickly fiddle w/e em w/o having to leave that screen

Amateur
    False 9. Played:8, Won:4, Drawn:2, Goals:3, Assists:3

could we no have a feature where we take over the career of an existing manager? For example choose to play as Arsene Wenger etc...

i'd like to be able to place players anywhere on the pitch in the tactics/formation screen. btw some real life teams (Donny Rovers) have no discernible formation - even the rovers players say so. the way it works is the manager just sets out a vague defensive shape which they stick to but everyone has license to attack and responsibility to cover spaces behind forward-moving players. This is an amazing system and having seen it in action i want nothing more than to re-create it and while it may be impossible to implement on FM i would love to see it if it is even remotely possible
    Last edited by CMdan44; 18-02-2010 at 14:00.

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by CMdan44 View Post
    could we no have a feature where we take over the career of an existing manager? For example choose to play as Arsene Wenger etc...
    How would this actually work though?

Surely the only thing would be having the same name and starting at Arsenal, everything else is up to you. Not "Arsene Wenger".

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyGabriel View Post
    How would this actually work though?

Surely the only thing would be having the same name and starting at Arsenal, everything else is up to you. Not "Arsene Wenger".
    not sure exactly how it would work
    but it wouldn't be just like having arsene's name and starting at arsenal, u'd also have his reputation, contacts etc... and he wouldn't pop up managing a different team.
    it was just a thought

Youth Team

It's called Football Manager, not Possessed Football Manager.

I'm not against the idea. I just don't see the point.

Amateur

to be honest it's not something i'd be depressed about not having, it just seems a bit $h!t that i can't play as myself and at my own age (19) and i thought this would be a different solution since SI prolly won't change the age altering thing.
    Isnt it a bit strange that in pursuit of "realism" they will let me (who as you may have guessed isn't Ferguson, Wenger or Guardiola) take charge of Man U, Arsenal, Barcelona but only so long as i dont be my real age, wtf? If the criteria for managing a top team is "must be over thirty, or at least pretend to be" i'll apply to man u when fergie retires and pretend i'm 45.
    so i jus thought this would be a solution to that and it'd just be a good feature that no-one else has.

Youth Team

You don't really see other teams hiring 19 year old managers.

So for this reason perhaps it would be a good idea to include the option to embody another manager.

Then perhaps, as you're 19, that in 10 years time you could come into the game and let Wenger have his body back, still being in charge at Arsenal, while you start off at whatever club you like.

This has "Ghost" or "Being John Malkovich" eerie feeling about it though

Amateur

the thing id like to see most is, being able to adjust ticket prices (or at least suggest it to the board) because when you manage a league 2 side it would help the players out if they playing infront of more fans. and 1 other thing would be if you could recommend any club on the game to be affiliated with rather than have 4rubbish teams like we do at the moment. or at least suggest a country from which a club could be picked from.

Third Team

I would like that we could add at the beggining of the game our Favoured Personnel, what languages do we speak, more Favoured Clubs.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by quininho09 View Post
    the thing id like to see most is, being able to adjust ticket prices (or at least suggest it to the board) because when you manage a league 2 side it would help the players out if they playing infront of more fans. and 1 other thing would be if you could recommend any club on the game to be affiliated with rather than have 4rubbish teams like we do at the moment. or at least suggest a country from which a club could be picked from.
    You can pick the team you want to be affiliated with already. The 1st season, you'll be given a list of clubs the board think are sutiable. The 2nd and 3rd season, you'll be allowed to specify the type of feeder club you want. The 4th season, you'll be allowed to specify the exact club you want.

Youth Team

Testemonials

Amateur

Fluctuating favoured clubs and favoured personnel for ourselves. For example, we can choose if, after a few years, we decide we want our star striker to be on our favoured personnel list. Or, after spending five years at a club, we want them as one of our favoured clubs.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by saware View Post
    I'd like the ability to set/save roles to individual players in order to avoid changing them everytime I make a change in my starting line-up and tactics.

The below thread explains further.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=189984
    this is a good idea.

Amateur

- What the first post on this page linked to - great idea .
    - More interaction. For instace, being able to come out to the media and say you thought the ref's performance in the last match was shocking.
    - Testemonials, like Eugene Tyson said.
    - Being able to be a interim/caretaker manager (like Joe Kinnear at Newcastle last year)
    - Friendlies to be played at a neutral ground, for instance Chelsea vs. Inter in America
    - The ability to set up training camps during a period of time when your team doesn't play for a couple of weeks, or a week, or during the post/pre-season.
    - Many more, but I can't think of the top of my head, wehn I don, I'll edit the post.
    Last edited by MillwallLion08; 21-02-2010 at 13:51.

Amateur

sorry if already mentioned ( i tried a search) but surely like monthly contracts or pay as you play contracts would be a great addition especially for lower league clubs. It is happening all the time in todays game and would a good addition.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bish View Post
    sorry if already mentioned ( i tried a search) but surely like monthly contracts or pay as you play contracts would be a great addition especially for lower league clubs. It is happening all the time in todays game and would a good addition.
    Was just about to post this. A great idea and I think it would be a good thing for League 1 and 2 clubs.

Amateur

If you go to a match to see someone play, then he actually plays (i always get national managers at my games, they always get it right)

The ability to groom someone as a replacement (when you move on/retire) as Man Utd are doing with Moyes (imo) and Graham recommended Wenger to Arsenal

The ability to select no international management (can you already do this?) - i don't want to manage a nation with my club

Bargaining with other teams - Make an agreement with [team name] that i can sign Fellaini and then not contend with them for Defour

Team interaction concerning future transfers - too often i sign in South Americans who have not developed their stats in 2/3 years... i want a say in this.... as well as saying that i don't want [player name] cup tied when i sign him

A clause in the loans - you must play [player name] 10 times by Jan or you send him back

Realistic loan comments - [team name] think that this player would be a valuable member of the first team, scout reports signal that he is turning out for their reserves (Valuable member of the first team huh!!!!!)

Amateur

Here's a thought: inter-game friendlies.

Arrange friendly matches between your teams in 2 different save games
    eg. you have a Celtic game in 2011 and a Blackburn game in 2013 (both teams full of new players and regens)
    In the Celtic game you arrange a friendly match with '2013 Blackburn', this match only appears in the game in which it was arranged (so if Celtic arranged it it would appear in the Celtic savegame, but not the Blackburn one. Things like injuries etc would only stay in the Celtic game, too)

Amateur

I love the fact that this thread has over 5000 responses, and 51 pages of replies - one of the most active threads in the GD. The OP has a grand total of 16 posts

Amateur

I know it gets mentioned ALL THE TIME but the main thing I want to see added to the game is dynamic league reputations.

It should be a feature of a long term game, and who knows? In 100 years Serbia, Wales and India could be the top leagues in the world! :P

Would make large games spanning many seasons far more interesting. SI could maybe create a tickbox at the start screen for those who want static reps where Spain, England and Italy remain top dogs.

Banned

I guess what I would like to see in FM11 is more interaction with the media, your peers and your players and subsequently more consequences from that interaction.

Amateur

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but I'd like to see updated odds as a league or cup progresses.

Eg. Start of the season odds for the Premier League: Man Utd 2/1, Chelsea 2/1, Arsenal 4/1, Man City 5/1 etc. These odds would then fluctuate as the season progresses. It would be interesting to see who the bookies think are going to win the league as your teams' form goes up and down.

I'm sorry if I worded this poorly

Amateur

I think a good addition may be players recomending to play in a differernt role . for example:
    'Sergio Aguero has said he thinks he is being wasted in a forward role and would like to play deeper off the striker'
    or
    'Joa moutinho believes he does not play best in the Att role of midfeild that he has been playing of late , and would prefer to play deeper in the middle'
    What do we think?

Amateur

Loan Back Clause

When you buy a player from a lower league team, particularly a youngster, including a clause in the contract that you will loan said player back to that club for the rest of the season (or perhaps more) would be an excellent and realistic. Teams do this regularly in real life and it would really make sense to add it.

The selling team would thereby be more willing to sell as they are securing a fee for the player; the player continues to get first team action; and the buying club have secured their future asset.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewnaldo View Post
    Loan Back Clause

When you buy a player from a lower league team, particularly a youngster, including a clause in the contract that you will loan said player back to that club for the rest of the season (or perhaps more) would be an excellent and realistic. Teams do this regularly in real life and it would really make sense to add it.

The selling team would thereby be more willing to sell as they are securing a fee for the player; the player continues to get first team action; and the buying club have secured their future asset.
    Yes i agree !!! I also think it should be easier to sell players

Amateur

Loan Back Clause

I do this all the time. When I make bid for a player I set the date of the transfer to the end of the season. Then when he agrees to join my club he will stay with his current club until the end of the season before joining my club ready for the start of the next season.

Youth Team

I'll only buy the next version if there is drastic changes to the user interface and the 3d match engine.

I find the user interface cumbersome and not at all intuitive.

For instance, offering contracts to players and staff - completely ridiculous going through about 3 screens for each player and staff member, whom all seem to run out of contracts at the same time all the time.

And better ways to keep staff. I've gone through hiring staff and having them poached by other clubs.

I constantly have coaches that say "They want to join the club" and then 6 months later they want to join other clubs, sometimes I don't even get a chance to try and keep them.

I'm spending way too much time hiring coaches. Only for them to leave 6 months later. Then 6 months after that they want to join again.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why when watching the match you can't select a player to sub them on the pitch, without having to go to other screens.

Just select a player(s), right click (cmd click on Mac) you're given a contextual menu and you can:

Sub Player
    Request More long shots
    Push Higher Up
    Shorter/Longer Passing
    **basically any command you can give in the player via the other screen, or set up a shortcut of tactics for different players.

I know there are shortcuts in the Drop Down menu for Quick Tactics, but it isn't good enough, and I find it slow and cumbersome to use. It's not implemented properly.

It's absolutely ridiculous how many screens you have to go through to do simple tasks.

Especially offering contracts. Why can't there be a screen on contracts expiring for your team - check boxes beside players contracts you want to offer new contracts to.

Check boxes to loan players, transfer players etc.

Just go to "Loan Players" select a bunch of players via a check box. Drop down boxes for fees. Then drop down box for rejections - like reject offers requesting future fees. Only accept "Valuable first team player".

Just one screen - with your players and options to send them on lona - then select "Loan Players" when done.

I hate loaning players because I get about 50 news messages for 5 players, and I have to go through each of them looking for

Future Fee, and
    Cover for first team

And rejecting these offers or altering. Why can't I have a button that says "Remove Future Fee", or a negotiation button that when clicked gives me options to:

Remove Future Fee
    Request Valuable First Team player

All on one screen.

It does my head in to go through 50 news items removing Future Fee from loan offers.

Youth Team

Has per my rant above:

This screenshot shows the amount of contextual menus you have to through to transfer list a player

Why not just have that all listed under Transfer & Contracts in one context menu.

Why not put the Coach rating in Stars beside "Coach Reports" - a few measily stars so I don't have to select coach reports to see how many stars the player has?

Why do I need another screen to create notes? Why can't I just select a player and have a notes section on the Player Stats screen. Why do I have to go through so many Windows to get to a certain point, something as trivial as creating notes.

Amateur

Each club to have a young player of the year.

Amateur

Research facilities that improve physical development and improves recovers from injuries. Like Milan Lab and Benfica L.O.R.D. in Real life. That would be a good addition to the game.

Amateur

I personaly would like to bring the Football manager feel back to the game in the future and get rid of this Xbox feel ASAP.

Amateur

would it be possible for a national team coach to choose the stadium on which to play?many countries play their home games on more than one stadium!they have a number of stadiums from which they choose!could this be implemented in fm considering the stadium are already in the game?this is best for managers because they can select the stadium that works best with their tactic!

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

Quote Originally Posted by fuhrerul View Post
    would it be possible for a national team coach to choose the stadium on which to play?many countries play their home games on more than one stadium!they have a number of stadiums from which they choose!could this be implemented in fm considering the stadium are already in the game?this is best for managers because they can select the stadium that works best with their tactic!
    yes thats a good idea

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by fuhrerul View Post
    right, i always prefer a maximum sized pitch, so that i can play direct passing, and mainly on the wings

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by T0MMY51NGH View Post
    I think a good addition may be players recomending to play in a differernt role . for example:
    'Sergio Aguero has said he thinks he is being wasted in a forward role and would like to play deeper off the striker'
    or
    'Joa moutinho believes he does not play best in the Att role of midfeild that he has been playing of late , and would prefer to play deeper in the middle'
    What do we think?
    This did happen to me once - I was forced to put Fellaini in goal for the last half hour of a game after an injury, and he had words. Something along the lines of "You're wasting me there, I should be played in CM, I'll leave if you don't play me there, blah, blah". I don't know if it does it for small scale positional changes though.

I like the idea in principle, but sometimes I will play someone out of position somewhat in order to make my formation work. I think I'd need the option to be able do a Cloughie... "We'll have a sitdown, and see what you think we should do, and then we'll decide I was right."

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Zoz View Post
    Each club to have a young player of the year.

Nothing major, probably not even listed in the Biography as a major achievement, but each club does tend to do a young player. Also, I don't know whether this is too much, but quite often regions will have their own awards, for example, there is a North-East Writers award - generally given to a Middlesbrough, Newcastle or Sunderland player (or sometimes Darlo or Pools)

Or is that just too many awards?

Semi Pro

More International Interaction

I liked the idea above of talking someone out of international retirement, maybe promise to include him in future squads, and if you drop him for anything other than injury, he retires again.

I seem to remember on an old FM (or maybe even CM), you could tip your own players for international call-ups. Maybe include this in press conferences - say you think so-and-so could be pushing for a call-up, or maybe you don't think he's ready yet.

And, when one of your players is dropped from the international team, I could say that I think they'll miss him, or that they do have a lot of good players, or that I'm pleased that he'll stay injury-free for us. You could even further it to have a go at an international manager if one of your players does get injured in an international friendly.

Maybe even ask me who I think will win the World Cup? I'm asked who I think will win footballer of the year often enough. After the tournament, I would like my scouts to write a report as well summarising who did well (perhaps surprisingly), and whether they think I should take a closer look at anyone.

Amateur

Financial planning.

I'd like to be able to put money aside for things like training ground redevelopment, rather than waiting for the board to tell me I've accumulated enough money to do it immediately.

For instance (how I'd like to see it happen - new bits in bold):

> I want to upgrade my training ground. I ask the board to do this for me.

> The baord say I can't do it, the club can't afford it. They tell me it will cost £2.5m

> I sell a player for £4m. I wish to sign a couple of cheap players, but also want to put £500,000 aside for the new training ground. I can do this in a similar way to the current Budget Adjustment slider. (Perhaps this money can only come out of my transfer budget, or something similar).

> Once the target of £2.5m has been reached, I can ask again/tell the board to build the new training complex for me.

AND/OR

Perhaps the board could offer me a range of upgrades to choose from: Good training ground/excellent training ground/world-leading training ground, and a matching set of budgets to choose from.

AND/OR

Perhaps I could opt for different features. A new gym costs £500,000. Improved physio/medical facilities cost £750,000. Six new pitches cost £200,000. I could opt for all and get a minor 'bulk buying discount', with the combined cost coming in at £1.3m (instead of the £1.45m the individual parts add up to)

[Obviously, I'm plucking figures out of the air in these examples]

Semi Pro

More occasional training updates.

When a player is not in the first team, I can tell them that if they apply themselves in training, I'll give them a chance. In these situations, I wouldn't mind one of my coaches shouting up (in backroom advice maybe?) that he's looking sharp in training.

First off, I wouldn't want this every week, or it'll be annoying. Just an occasional thing of say, Your coach AB thinks John Smith has really applied himself well in training this week. He has looked very sharp. AB recommends giving him some match time. Or it could go the other way, Your coach AB thinks Jonny O'Smith has looked tired in training this week. He recommends you give the player a rest this weekend.

Part-Timer

Make the 2D and 3D ME into two separate things.

What I'm saying is not making two different MEs, but making one available and the other not working.

Let me clarify. If I choose to uptick the 3D only the 2D only show up. The same would happen when i check the box that activates the 3D, the 2D should disappear. It would create much less confusion.

Drop the box that show the key moment please it occupies space and it is pretty much pointless.

Also for the love of all that is good, drop the team talks and opposition instructions when I choose for Ass. Manager. This is stupid, pointless and makes me feel the game is incomplete. If I choose for my Ass. manager to hendle them why I'm being force to see them?

Bring back automatic stop of match time when making subs. At least make it an option in the preferences.

Amateur

^ how hard is it to press pause or space?

One features that i keep waiting For FM to have is interaction with the referee. Just wanna follow how everytime Sir Alex will rant at the ref. Although now we can only complain when there is unallowed goal, it will be better if we can interact with the ref himself. Like mind - games , lol

Lurker

I'd like a little "REPLAY" button next to the match time bar. When you hit it it automatically replays the last 5 seconds gameplay in slow motion.

I know you can set it to do it for goals which is great, but the highlights are often way too long or not actual highlights. Basically it would be just like quickfire slow motion replays you see on TV for fouls, near misses, offside calls, etc.

Also...

I would like two extra camera options:
    1. Train the camera on a player of your choice by simply clicking on them
    2. Have a wide-angle 3rd person camera view which rotates with the player's direction of motion or is fixed towards wherever the ball is

I would find these camera options very valuable as I sometimes attend games while scouting and frankly I only care about the performance of the player I'm looking at buying.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by samdiatmh View Post
    ^ how hard is it to press pause or space?
    It is extremely hard

The point is not that. The point is why do i need to pause everytime to make subs if this was already automatic?

Amateur

I would like the following:

to delegate arranging friendlies better e.g get me 7 games for 1st team 4 for 2nd team and a pre-season tour of Scotland

to be able to identify players i wish to offload and then instruct an agent to broker the deals and just come back to me with for the final yes or no on the move

more flexibility to initiate comments at press conf e.g I believe my player "joe.Bloggs" should be in England squad

In Lower leagues game to be more realistic e.g replicating the massive short term turnover of players, players signing 1 month contracts etc

Amateur

I'd like it so that using the game's own editor you can edit the database before starting a game to set a club to have a takeover "in the future".

Part-Timer

With opposition instructions, and show onto foot: a useful option would be 'show outside' or 'show inside' for wide players.

Right now, for instance, I'm playing against Real Madrid and I'd like to try and show Ronaldo (AML) and Kaka (AMR) outside, because I know they've got a pair of midgets in the box. So I click to show Ronaldo on to his left and Kaka on to his right - but when they swap flanks every now and again, I'm actually encouraging them inside.
    Last edited by RT--; 26-02-2010 at 17:57.

Amateur

Originally posted here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=191953

Occassionally parts of FM, really make you step back into reality, as they don't seem integrated with the rest of the game.

For example, when you are rumoured to be up for a job.
    Unless you're actively looking for somewhere to go, you're probably not aware of that job even becoming available - all of a sudden the media want to you to make a statement and if you might be interested, you need to quickly work out if you might have any kind of chance and then decide how to respond. Unless they then offer you the job, you don't hear any more about it.

It's completely disconnected from the rest of the experience, but did give me a new idea.

My suggestion would be: for example when a job becomes insecure, or clubs start sniffing around a manager with the intention of poaching him, in real life the club will start to explore its options. This could be implemented in such a way that your agent comes to you and says "Wycombe want to know if you're interested in so and so opportunity if their current manager leaves". It could be expanded that you could ask your agent to look for clubs and he could tout your services, which might then prompt more sackings because a club thinks it could attract you. You could use it, when you can see that it's going to be very difficult to take your current club any further, without massive time consolodating, to progress your career whilst its at a peak.

Obviously there would be a risk/reward strategy in terms of the more you are being enquired about, or your getting your agent to tout your services, the more risk the press get wind of it and which could be linked to the current effects of declaring interest in a job or expanded, to make it more likely the board will agree to a request, or give you a new contract etc, and you could therefore have a sort of "semi-ultimatum", where you deliberately "leak" the information to try and get the board to do something for you in return for your loyalty.

It would also allow us more fine control over where we might take our careers. Your favorite club are already more likely to hire you, but in this way you could have subtle influence over being more likely to get a job in Italy, or more likely to get the Barcelona job than the Madrid one.

Going further, I'm sure the scope could be expanded further to staff recruitment and player recruitment, to give the more real world flavour of the "legal tapping" up we see today in transfers, or to express players wishes, to go to or avoid certain leages and clubs.

Amateur

I'd like to see more detail in the history (goals, assists etc) of a player, by this i mean a tab for european competion, for domestic cups, international cups. And like in the previous history between clubs a table of the top scorers in the history of the fixture ?

Amateur

1.Director of Football.There is a huge thread read it SI!
    2.Better Training.Not time consuming but rational and more interactive.
    3.Scout networks.IRL you cant say to a scout to go to Brazil alone and just find random players.You have to have big network for that.
    Also force the AI to use scouts and find players by form not CA/PA like now.The AI buys wonder kids without they play a game at their old club.
    4.Manager stats-Some RPG elements not to make the game RPG but some stats like training effect or tactic knowledge for us the managers.
    5.Make an ultimatum work sometimes or remove it from the game.
    6.Be able to train tactics and formations during the training with the team.
    7.The psychos should have more input in the game for exp better medical team and facilities the more a player can play at top level exp. Milan.
    8.Room for tactical innovations in the wizard for exp playing AML with terquarista pre set sliders.

Amateur

Anyone remember LMA manager? when you used to build a new stadium?

You got to choose the look of the stadium and each stand if you wish. I think it would be a nice addition.

Amateur

I would love to make it even more realistic...mainly with transfers. I like the trend where big clubs (Manchester United mainly) in pursuing a young player will include the smaller club keeping the youngster for a period of time (usually for that season) on loan

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

Quote Originally Posted by FM1000 View Post
    1.Director of Football.There is a huge thread read it SI!
    2.Better Training.Not time consuming but rational and more interactive.
    3.Scout networks.IRL you cant say to a scout to go to Brazil alone and just find random players.You have to have big network for that.
    Also force the AI to use scouts and find players by form not CA/PA like now.The AI buys wonder kids without they play a game at their old club.
    4.Manager stats-Some RPG elements not to make the game RPG but some stats like training effect or tactic knowledge for us the managers.
    5.Make an ultimatum work sometimes or remove it from the game.
    6.Be able to train tactics and formations during the training with the team.
    7.The psychos should have more input in the game for exp better medical team and facilities the more a player can play at top level exp. Milan.
    8.Room for tactical innovations in the wizard for exp playing AML with terquarista pre set sliders.
    point 7.....if you are employing a PSYCHO......good luck mate might be interesting

go for a physio mate

only kidding with you.............your points on training are very valid

Amateur

I'd like a feature that means the FA can take action against referee's who make too many bad decisions. Like if you were denied a penalty.. or a goal was offside, you can complain against the ref and if it carries on and your claims are corrent, the FA take action and ban him. Do referee's come through youth systems on the games? Have never noticed...

Amateur

Anyone remember LMA manager? when you used to build a new stadium?

You got to choose the look of the stadium and each stand if you wish. I think it would be a nice addition
    I like this idea. I realise it's not overly realistic, but like FML, I enjoy the stadium building, as it gives you the option to make a unique stadium...

Amateur

This is one thing I thought about when sorting out ym tactics yesterday which is a tactic's board for set pieces.

This would pretty much just be a picture of the penalty area and then various shapes for all the players, and then you can right click on them and then move them to where you want them to run from and where to.

Feedback will be appreciated and I may change post to incorporate any possible ideas.

Amateur

I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I would like to relationships between fellow managers and players developed a bit more rather than just a comment if you like him or not, which I think is a little vague. I'm thinking mainly in the area of recommending players. You could possibly approach the manager of a national team with the idea of looking to develop a working relationship where they would not necessarily work as a scout but every now and again alert you to the presence of an emerging talent. For example, a relationship could be forged with the national manager of Ivory Coast, who could then based on that relationship recommend a 17-year old home-based player to come to the club for a trial with a view of a transfer. Another take on this is also being able to recommend players to other managers or affiliated teams that you may not want to sign but you think would be good for another team. This could then lead to friendships and afilliates. Also relationships with players who then move into coaching / management could also lead to a similar thing.

Amateur

What i'd like in future version is the capacity to really mould your managerial personality, and for the personalities of other club managers to be inline with how we see them in the media. I have no idea how, but at the moment it's quite generic.

Also i was thinking today about being able to choose your managerial history with better accuracy. ~For instance, we are given options that can determine our standing in the game. So instead of being a newbie manager taking over Real Madrid which is not realistic, you have to choose an club that relates to your standing in the game.

You can choose, before the game starts, to be a complete newbie at managment yet perhaps be a well known coach/ass manager in the industry already, and so this limits the types of jobs you can go after- Man utd would not employ you, but Preston might. Or you can choose to be a internationally famous megastar manager like Jose, who has won in Europe and lot's of titles- Thus, Manchester Utd most definatley would employ you, and the players at the club would respond accordingly, and it'd be easier to attract players. It would never explicitly state your history, but you can assume you managed a major clubs or clubs somewhere in europe, although these are never disclosed. There should be various options like these to choose from, and therefore you can start creating who you want to be in the managment game. Perhaps a journeyman option, where you have managed in many different leagues but never settled, or a promisng young english manager option and so on....

People may say this takes the challenge out of the game, but really we should have the choice. If someone wants to be a Mourinho, then that is there choice and would not make the game easier per se. If someone wants a challenge then choose a lowly option and see which clubs will have you and then build your reputation if you can.

Plus greater and more organic interaction with other managers, so in a way you can play mind games etc, and obviously better press interaction, which agaian is generic at this stage of FM evolution!
    Last edited by Roman Chevalier; 28-02-2010 at 20:59.

Youth Team

Contracts

Firstly - I want the game to stop auto continuing when a players min fee is met and when teams offer a contract to a player whose contract is expiring. I want to be able to counter offer. It should not auto continue.

And

I don't like the current setup of when contracts are expiring. You're told about 3 or 4 of your main players, but unless you check into that other screen about contracts expiring you could miss 2 or 3 other players that don't show up when the Ass Man says "The highest profile players are ...."

Even the layout of this other contract screen is messy and confusing at times. And it's such a long-winded way of offering contracts.

It should be way simpler to offer contracts to multiple players that expiring. It comes up with tick boxes beside each player you want to renew.

Tick the players, continue, then go through each contract negotiation window.

I'd prefer something like the following:
    6 months prior to expiration Assistanat Manager requests that the player come into the office to discuss contract.

That way you get each player turning up for contract negotiations, and you're given a screen with:

"Tevez arrives at your office to discuss contract. Tevez has scored 25 times season and features regularly, he's had a 85% shot/goal accuracy and has good form".
    Contract offer below

"Wonderkid Ulche Usman has arrived in your office to discuss contract, at 17 he's played 12 first team games and subbed 5 times, average rating of 7.10. Assistant Manager recommends that no wage increase should be offered but a bonus for matches played and performance related bonuses would be best at this time. Assistant Manager notices that Usman has a release clause of 1.2m but is currently valued at 2m and recommends that the release fee should be increased to 10m to deter other teams"
    Contract offer below

"Youth player Graham Stack arrives to discuss contract. Graham has struggled to make it in the reserves, he's played 10 times season and only managed a rating of 5.0. Graham has a youth rating of **(silver) and the Assistant Manager does not recommend you offer a new contract"
    Contract offer below

And so on.

Ok I got a bit wordy with the description from the ass man.

But I think it would seriously improve the game play.

*I've explained more and opened a discussion here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=192878
    Last edited by Eugene Tyson; 01-03-2010 at 12:50.

Amateur

I dont know if the game allows you and its just my bad luck, but it happens in real life all the time. I want to be able to buy a youngster and loan them out immediatly rather than waiting to the next transfer window because although teams are interested they 'dont see it as a viable option'

Semi Pro

With the news of the great Guus Hiddink managing Turkey from August and also being allowed by Turkey to manage Ivory Coast in the World Cup, I wonder if this will be allowed in future Football Manager versions.

Also a later start to a international management contract ... will that also be added to future FM versions ? what do you all think about boths options ??

Amateur

1. I'd like to be able to arange my squad how I want it. I'm a little anal and it irks me to have a dc/dm who I play in midfield down with the defenders.

2. More hoop la de da. I want more accolades for winning, like interviews about winning teams first champs league or league etc.

3. More fuss when legendary managers like fergie retire instead of him just dissapearing.

4. More effort when I'm a club legend and am winding down my contract to try and make me stay.

5. A setup much like a clubs competion history of all comps I've won whith which team and dates etc.

6. NOT JUST LEAGUE GOALS to be added up on player history. And on club history a total for all goals scored by a player.

7. I'd like to be able to jig my resources. I don't want 50 coaches and 18 scouts! I and most others would obviously want more scouts.

That's all for now.

Amateur

Something that has been missing for a long long time is stating a reason why you have resigned from clubs. For example on FM2009 I won the Champion's League twice with Rangers using a team I'd largely built from newgens (it was 2018) but I was finding it hard to keep them in Glasgow and they were getting upset when I turned down transfers and it was undermining the team. So I resigned because I didn't think I could take the team any further. I'd like to have had the opportunity to state this, rather than just resigning out of the blue and dissapearing as it looked like in the game. It should have some kind of effect upon your popularity at the club aswell, as it looks a lot better than a random resignation.

Amateur

No idea whether this has been posted, but I've had this idea for some time now.

Instead of all this buying a club/academy stuff with your career earnings, why can't you invest this money you have back into your own club - for example as payment for a loan fee, or a signing on fee for a big-name player. This happened in real life at Birmingham, where David Sullivan paid for Christian Benitez's loan fee shortly before leaving the club as chairman.

Could be particularly useful in the lower leagues.

Amateur

when it comes to a world cup year id love to be able to record a world cup song

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by marknufc View Post
    when it comes to a world cup year id love to be able to record a world cup song
    No no no You're looking for Band Manager

Quote Originally Posted by samdiatmh View Post

A clause in the loans - you must play [player name] 10 times by Jan or you send him back
    This

Loan Back Clause

And this.

Amateur

In the "Playing History" section of a players profile details on all games played in (including Cup, Continental and International games be displayed. It has annoyed me for years that after the current year all stats for players other than league appearances disapear from their profile. It may not be possible to have thenm show on one screen, but an option to switch between league/cup/international games would be one option to consider.

Amateur

One other would be that if you want to cut multiple personnel (be it players or staff) by terminating their contract or by mutual termination you have the option to do so by selecting all of the players/staff and doing it in one click rather than by having to do it one player/coach/scout/physio at a time.

When I started my current game I made a lot of changes to the backroom staff and it took a long time just to work through all of them to offer a mutual termination to each and every effected coach/physio/scout.

Amateur

I would like to be able to choose to use transfer budget and/or profits to reduce club debt in chunks. I would rather do that than have pots of cash sat in transfer budget that i can't /don't need to spend

Semi Pro

If I had a FM wish...

I would wish I could customize the number of coaches in the active database when I start a new game. I can load players from all over the world's many leagues through a custom database, but I'm stuck with the same domestic coaches from the active leagues. What about a "load all staff from top leagues" button? Or load "all staff from national teams"? Or "load all staff with continental reputation"?

This is lousy because I want to be able to grow my club's scouting knowledge for the entire world by adding coaches from various countries with various knowledge, but the coaches active in the game are limited. 500 Danish coaches, but not a single one with North American scouting knowledge. Or Southeast Asian. I can scout there and I can custom load players from those countries, but not coaches.

Amateur

Suggestions:
    1) Option to allow or not "B team" manager to contract / buy new players;
    2) Another player search option similar to "EU nationality", but called "Do not count as foreign". As in Spain African players are not considered foreigners, this option would help a lot;

Regards

Amateur

Make the ground rules apply ie a club with 400seats shouldn't be allowed in the epl without having to start building/ground sharing etc. This creates a bug where you can sell more season tickets than seats allowed for the game

Amateur

Scrap the 5 star scouting reports. It's woefully unhelpfull. In it's place I would like to be given numbers based on the hidden PA. So, for example, if a player has a hidden PA of 180 a scout would tell me the player's potential is between 170-190. And this range would be dictated by the scouts ability. A scout with a 20 for judging player potential would give you a range 10 on either side of the actual number. A scout with a 15 would give you a range 20 on either side. And so on. This number could also be adjusted up or down depending on the scout's knowledge of the player's country.
    I'd also like to have a CA total at the bottom of the Attributes screen. Obviously, if I just added up all the attributes I would have the total. But that's too much work. I like to keep tabs on the player's CA to track their progress. If a player's CA increases 10 or more every six month period, their training is working. If it increases less than 5, I probably need to tinker with how he trains. I know you can use the attributes graph to track progress, but a single number is easier to check on.
    Another thing I'd like is to have staff tell me why a players attributes suddenly take a nose dive. I get it when a player is old, but when an uninjured player in his prime suddenly has all red arrows on his attributes screen I would like to know why...at least a hint!

The ability to put scouts, coaches etc into a shortlist as well!!
    I've mentioned this before previous versions. It's difficult to remember a shedload of names. When you place an advert and get up to excellent response it becomes difficult remembering which of them are any good so you have to look through them all again.
    The fact you still can't utterly baffles me.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ter View Post
    The sooner the better really. If it's left until we 'announce' the game then we've already decided what is going to be in it so there aren't likely to be any major additions on top of that.

Ideas for the future are always welcome

Here are some ideas of mine, dunno if already being said, no time to read all these suggestions

- Keep some kind of history for the tutoring part (I do it in notes now manually). Otherwise you keep forgetting which mentor you already appointed to a certain youngster.
    - Same for learning new moves. If he has failed on something you get a message he has failed. But no mention on WHAT he has failed. Would be good to mention this since it has no use to keep trying him to learn a certain move.

That was it for now.
    Thanks for reading SI.

Amateur

I'd like the ability to field weakened teams in the last games of the season and not have it affect confidence if we lose badly.

Example: You win the league with games to spare. You decide instead of risking your best players in meaningless games, you field the reserves. Have a team-talk included along the lines of "Playing for a final place". Players with high motivation will play blinders to try and get in the cup final 11. Also, draw criticism from managers or become friendly with ones, like losing to a team that goes on to stay up, or losing to a team and another qualifying for the CL/EL or playoffs depending on which league.

Amateur

if there is a vicous foul have questions about it in the press confernce and have a paper deliverd to you every da with all the news and organise team outings to build the confidence before the new season

Amateur

Amateur

Most importantly for me is sorting out these bugs. Improve the 3D match engine and make it more realistic.

Amateur

Few things:
    buy a player but loan back to club till end of current season as clause.
    Ability to pay off debt early/in chunks
    Able to organize fan days
    More choice w/club improvements - i,e, choose do you want to expand ground, well by how much etc...upgrade training ground or build new one, if stadium can't be expanded have the board explore option of new one more frequently etc
    more agent involvement.
    Youth team/players development easier and can see benefits etc
    love fm just tweaks to improve

Amateur

1. make an exception for board limits regarding staff when it is a current player that becomes a non player.

I hate it when a player I have had for years retires a becomes a coach etc, but I can't give him a job because of board restrictions. This is not realistic in my opinion because many times ex payers and retiring players are having jobs created for them at their clubs

2. Allow the ability to see how international / loan managers play your players. For example i have a striker that can't score for love nor money yet every time he plays international football he scores at least twice - i would like to know if his int. manager plays him as a deep lying / advanced / poacher etc ....

Again this is realistic as in real life you could either just ask the player or speak to te manager - which i'm sure happens all the time.

Amateur

Really hope SI reads this threads and uses some ideas ..

The one that I have had for quite a while is something that amazes me to have not been implied ...

The choice of being able to pick free-kick takers with a sort of zoning ...

Sort of like the old from CM With/With out ball you could pick free kick takers on certain areas on the field, I don't want my Cardozo who is great at firing in free kicks to be taking my free kicks that are on the sidelines when he can head good ...

Really amazed that you cannot do this and sure hope SI see this and get my idea and use it !

Amateur

A really simple one, but useful nonetheless:

When a scout finishes an assignment, and the message is delivered to your inbox, IF he has further assignments queued up, then the message should say at the end,

" Scout X is now moving on to scout Area Y, as requested by you". This would stop you having to keep checking every now and again to make sure they haven't run out of assignments. Now, I know this is ONLY useful for VERY big clubs, but I have 24-25 scouts at Real, and it takes some time keeping track, so I tend to queue a large number of them up with assignments leaving the best few for the important stuff.

Also, I would like to be able to leave my scouted tournaments there, as finished assignments. I don't want to be able to scout more than one tournament at once - that is impossible - but I would like the historical data kept. It is much easier to find a scout report sometimes - you might remember that the report was from the ANC or Asian Cup, or whatever. Just helps a bit, I think.

Finally, I would like to once again propose my "On This Day..." idea, as I do every year.

It would be great if you could have, every now and then (frequently would be very irritating) a news item detailing famous exploits from the past (for your career or the club you currently manage). The club ones would only start from the day the game starts, no pre-loaded events. I think it would be nice to be remembered when you managed that giant killing, signed a player who went on to become a club legend etc., and cringeworthy, but sadistic fun to be reminded of your darkest moments. There are many event types that could be added - all the data is already stored, so it is no big deal FM-wise.

What do you think?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Highbury\'s Ghost View Post
    A really simple one, but useful nonetheless:

When a scout finishes an assignment, and the message is delivered to your inbox, IF he has further assignments queued up, then the message should say at the end,

" Scout X is now moving on to scout Area Y, as requested by you". This would stop you having to keep checking every now and again to make sure they haven't run out of assignments. Now, I know this is ONLY useful for VERY big clubs, but I have 24-25 scouts at Real, and it takes some time keeping track, so I tend to queue a large number of them up with assignments leaving the best few for the important stuff.

Also, I would like to be able to leave my scouted tournaments there, as finished assignments. I don't want to be able to scout more than one tournament at once - that is impossible - but I would like the historical data kept. It is much easier to find a scout report sometimes - you might remember that the report was from the ANC or Asian Cup, or whatever. Just helps a bit, I think.

Finally, I would like to once again propose my "On This Day..." idea, as I do every year.

It would be great if you could have, every now and then (frequently would be very irritating) a news item detailing famous exploits from the past (for your career or the club you currently manage). The club ones would only start from the day the game starts, no pre-loaded events. I think it would be nice to be remembered when you managed that giant killing, signed a player who went on to become a club legend etc., and cringeworthy, but sadistic fun to be reminded of your darkest moments. There are many event types that could be added - all the data is already stored, so it is no big deal FM-wise.

What do you think?
    I like the bolded idea.

Banned

More specific instructions.

Example: I want my left fullback to close down the right midfielder as soon as possible. There is no good way of doing this without having unintended consequences. If I set the fullback to close down always, he runs over the the striker/central midfielder (when they have the ball) and leaves the wing open to attack. If I set the opposition instructions to close down always, everyone and the mascot runs over to close down leaving gaps in the defence. Tight marking and my fullback gets oout of position opening a channel for the striker to easily run through.

I just want to be able to make this guy close down that guy when that guy has the ball.

In the same way I want to be ablt to make my winger attempt to dribble against this specific guy with low tackling if he can get him isolated, but not against three players or the fantastic speedy DC with great tackling.

I feel after so many interations these types of things should have gotten into the game by now.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jbrunto1990 View Post
    Few things:
    1. buy a player but loan back to club till end of current season as clause.
    2. Ability to pay off debt early/in chunks
    3. Able to organize fan days
    4. More choice w/club improvements - i,e, choose do you want to expand ground, well by how much etc...upgrade training ground or build new one, if stadium can't be expanded have the board explore option of new one more frequently etc
    more agent involvement.
    5. Youth team/players development easier and can see benefits etc
    love fm just tweaks to improve
    Some good ideas here, IMAO.

1. Yep, happens all the time IRL. Maybe not just until end of season - until further notice / player reaches certain age / value / 1st cap, etc.
    2. Please!
    3. not bothered myself, but not a bad idea.
    4. Agreed - and it is happening IRL - look at Wenger's involvement with The Grove, and the training / youth developments. Virtually built to his spec.
    5. Agreed - how possible, unless they appear as a god-like regen AT 17, is it to get a player into your 1st team at a good level if you're a Prem team? Happens IRL; Fowler, Owen, Rooney, etc. Yes, they are mainly strikers, so model that. If you get a 15year old striker enter your youth team at 15, with the best possible potential star rating (3 / 3.5 at most if you're a top top team), there is currently no way you can get him up to a level to play week in week out, including the big games, until he is at the very least 18 (i.e. 4th season in). It just isn't realistic for the OCCASIONAL superstar. You don't want many; one or two between all the premiership teams per season, on average, I would say. This would make me so happy, and the game so much better for those of us that cherish the ability to nurture the youth team, as I do.

Great ideas, mate!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Taylor View Post
    I like the bolded idea.
    Cheers, been campaigning, badly obviously, for it for years.

Closed Thread
Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast