Maybe a managerial previous meetings thing? We can already see how Barcelona vs. Real Madrid has played out over the years, for example, but how about seeing your personal records against a team, in case you're playing a journeyman game?
Maybe a managerial previous meetings thing? We can already see how Barcelona vs. Real Madrid has played out over the years, for example, but how about seeing your personal records against a team, in case you're playing a journeyman game?
I’d like a system where I can explain to players why they’re not getting regular football and perhaps put pressure on them when they get their chance.
In my current Newcastle game, I’ve strengthened the squad and the likes of S Taylor, Bassong and Beye are all back-up players, which has lead to them starting to get concerned about their lack of first team football.
I then played a league cup game and since it wasn’t my priority, I decided to give them a run out, they all played badly and we lost the game. I also played a UEFA cup game and since I had topped my group and the game was meaningless, gave them another run out and we were 5-0 down at half time and although we managed to pull it back to 5-2 in the second half, they all played poorly.
Unfortunately the only mechanisms I currently have at my disposal is to warn them for a poor performance, but nothing to explain to them that if they play badly they can’t really complain that they don’t play more often.
My regular right back received a three-match ban for violent conduct and added to the uefa game, this gave Beye a run of 4 matches to stake his claim for the right back spot. However, his performances ranged from poor to average, so he gave me no reason to stick with him when my right back became available again, but he still got unhappy afterwards from his lack of football, even though he’s not doing anything to warrant a place in the starting XI.
I’d really liked he option to be able to tell players that ‘this is your chance, don’t mess it up’ which will obviously tie into their attributes. A strong, determined player who copes well under pressure might grab it with both hands and make sure he stakes his claim, whereas a nervous, weak player might crumble under the pressure and have a stinker, or an overly aggressive player might try too hard and get sent off.
I’d also like the option to talk to players when they complain and tell them that they’re not getting picked because they simply haven’t been good enough when they have been given their chance. I know I can currently tell them if they work hard in training they’ll get a run, but that’s not quite the same.
Please can we have the option to turn off 3D and select a very basic (FM08 style) 2D classic mode for those of us who don't like 3D and want a smooth and reliable match experience?
I'll give a brief list of what I'd like to see in future versions of FM:
1. Being able to add more information to your manager profile to make the game more realistic. The things I think that should definately be added is that you can choose a choice of languages, add more favourite teams and personal and add where you were born and disliked personal.
2. I think being able to start off as a reserve/U18 manager would be good as it would add an extra dimension to a "journeyman" game and also would make the game a tad more realistic.
3. I think press conferences need to be changed. I would be better if a wide vary of questions could be asked so you don't just have to face the same old start of the season questions again and again. I also think that there could be some more answers added to questions and there should be a logical way to answer questions. At the moment press conference affects on players aren't understandable and you can't apply logic to your answers to please the players.
4. And lastly, the dreaded team talks. Like press conferences we need to be able to apply logic to them as at the moment team talks seem to have a random effect. Also I think more individual team talks can be added so you can tell a player to try/not try and do something in the second half. For example you could tell Drogba at half-time to make runs down the left flanks.
I don't know if this has been covered because I didn't want to read 43 pages of suggestions and comments, but I'd like to see you be able to give a "talk" to a sub midmatch. For example, if you bring a sub on at half time, you can talk to him like you talk to the rest of the team. But if you bring him on at any other point, you can't. Why not? - Managers give instructions to their subs to impact the game IRL. Something along the lines of "Go grab us a goal"...really gee the player up. No idea how this would work on course with the games match engine etc, but I think it'd be useful. Also, more expansive comments would be nice to influence the players.
For me it would be improved press conferences and improved Chairman to player relations ie more feedback and news on reactions between manager-chairman-players-fans.
Also i feel that regens and other young player should have more publicity. I think if Man Utd have an amazing 19 year old player the first you hear of them shouldnt be when he scores a hattrick against you. I think there should be 'rising star' articles and the like.
Manual Rolling Save Mode
I would like a rolling save mode that kicks in every time I hit 'ctrl-s' or go to 'save'.
I know the automatic one does the business now but I have a nervous habit of hitting ctrl-s after every match anyway so that I don't lose my result, which means that the automatic rolling save doesn't kick in and I just end up overwriting the main file.
So I think a constant rolling save mode that works every time I manually save would be fantastic.
- I would like to see Ass Man giving more accurate inputs, specially Team talks feedbacks. As it is now , he is mostly blind and deaf when it comes to that.
- Some feedback from team captain after the match would be nice to.He is captain after all.
- To have option of your player ,possibly, chasing down referee around the pitch like headless chicken and flapping their hands around him.Every time when their ego gets to them , there should be percentage chance of them doing that
- Add "inflated ego " mentality to some players , so they can go "mental" on referee after the game.
I've got the exact same habit crouchaldinho has, Ctrl-S after every match, because I hate it when a power outage or Windows bluescreen makes me replay a match. However, because of that, I rarely go the full week and get the benefit of the rolling save mode.
Never understood why it isn't linked - if I have rolling autosave on, just "roll" every time I save regardless of whether its human-initiated or auto-initiated.
Nothing major but think it would be nice to know the amount of away fans are at the game either next to the attendence in brackets 32,328 (2,600), Or to get a message like it says now in the game Burnley are preparing to travel the short 20 miles to ... But saying like Around 2,000 Burnley fans are expected to be on there way to the game, But prefer the brackets one.
Plus would love the Match sounds to be made like they used to be making it more atmospheric and really get into the match days again.
Permanent Scout Assignments - Another little thing. I've sent my scout somewhere and he reports back at the end of his assignment only for me to have to reassign him.
It's especially annoying if you are managing in a small country (e.g. Wales) and the scout goes off for a couple of days only to report back and then be reassigned again!
Can I just tell the scout to stay there forever? Please? Would save me a few clicks anyway.
The FA of the country that you manage in should offer you alternative dates for fixtures that must be rescheduled, rather than rescheduling them to whenever they see fit, without giving the manager any say in the matter.
Bring back the option to request a fixture be rescheduled, this can come in useful when teams have an "exceptional" amount of injuries, or if players are still returning from international duty.
Why we didn't hire you!
what about when you apply for a job, when they turn you down and appoint someone else they tell you why they've turned you down. E.G - You're not experienced enough, haven't been successful enough, haven't managed in the Country before, have no International/club experience, there were better candidates etc.
I'm fed up of doing specific instructions at the beginning of each match on every individual opposition player, I think we should be able to save specific instructions i.e.
tight marking=yes, closing down=always, tackling=easy, show onto= no specific instructions.
tight marking=no, closing down=no specific instructions, tackling=hard, show onto= weaker foot.
Maybe we could create a batch of them and name them accordingly, such as 'Winger' which would obviously be closing down=always, show onto=weaker foot, and maybe have them saved in a drop down menu so they're only a click away. My wrist literally does start to hurt when I'm setting them all manually.
Does anyone follow me? Not sure if I am making much sense.
It would be great when playing as a national manger if you could suggest to the FA that they should bid to host the World Cup/Euros etc
I've asked this question many times in the last 2 editions but what I want to know is will there be International contracts in the game when you manage a country ?
Hi, created a thread on this the other day got lots of positive feedback....
Popped into my head as I'd signed a striker in January hoping he would spearhead my attack and get us a good few goals, however he scored once in 14 appearances and that was on the last game of the season when we had nothing left to play for.
What I'd like to be able to do is discuss with certain individuals what I expect of them for the coming season, eg the aforementioned striker, tell him that I expect a lot from him, maybe understanding that it took him a while to settle, needs to justify his price tag etc...things like that.
You could have it a bit like the team talks, by that I mean have a drop down box and can tailor it individually or as a team.
For youth players who you feel might have a chance of breaking into the first team, you could tell them that they may feature this season if they perform well in the reserves.
This is just some initial thoughts and I'm sure more will pop into my tiny cranium but please feel free to comment/expand on this...
I would like to be able to be appointed as manager of an u19 team, building your career slowly towards legendary status .
Currently there's an assistant team report in game, which shows your best players and gives some generic information, like "we need to strengthen our defense". What I would like to see is a same kind of a report but not on my own side but about my opponents. This could be added to the next opposition scouting report.
I'd also like to see the Player manager aspect of the game improved and enhanced, you can put yourself in the game, but am i assuming the data base won't recongnise that you're the same person! ie you can become unhappy with yourself, and even be sold????
i would like for players who are clearly backup not to begin complaining so fast even though they get to play in 15-20 matches a season.
Anti cheat system.
Game automatically saved when starting a match and after a match.
Here's something I would like to see but I do not know if it would take up too much developers time and memory etc.
I am also finding this hard to explain - basically, when you play your first season I think that the dates of signings that are made IRL should match up with the dates in-game. I.E. as a Wolves fan I will use a Wolves example... Richard Stearman signed for Wolves on June 25th 2008 whereas he appears in the game right from day 1. What I suggest is that in game you get the option come up to sign a player on the same day they were signed in real life. e.g. in game on June 25th in your inbox you get "The deal to sign Richard Stearman from Leicester for £xxxxxx is now due to be completed" and you can accept or cancel.
The reason I think this would be a good addition is becuase:
a) there are some players signed IRL that I sell straight away when I start the game (e.g. Matt Hill at Wolves)
b) when a game is patched and January signings are added in the original squad I feel this gives an unfair representation to both teams involved as one teams gains a player they wouldn't have for the first half of the season and one team loses one
Again, I understand this may be time consuming and adding each date exactly would be difficult so maybe it could work just in the same week as IRL or at least if players were signed in January they only join the squad in January if you choose to accept them.
Hope this makes sense
please, when you guys release new patches, please don't add the players to the roster from the beginning, give them a future transfer for the next transfer window.. that would enable people like robbie keane to be transfered back to spurs mid-season.
A mode where player attributes don't exist. In this mode you don't see the normal attribute sheet for each player. Instead it's replaced by several different options:
1: An updated scout report giving you a detailed account of what the player is good at, how they like to play, what their prefered moves are and most importantly how they compare to your players and what level the scout anticipates they can play to. IF the player is already in your team then this is replaced by your coach reports.
2: Stat tracking. A comprehensible stat tracking service which will be far more important to the manager as they will pick players through form, ratings and previous performances alone.
I feel this would be a great option which would lead to managers having to rely on their staff around them to provide useful information. At the moment it is too easy to simply looks at a players attributes and sign them or include them in your first 11 over a different player.
1) The ability to add or remove leagues in game. For example if i get bored managing a team and want a new challenge, i would like to continue with the same game with a new league, instead of having to create a new game each time. It would also allow me not to run lots of leagues at the start, really taking up all the memory my laptop has, basically killing it.
2) Also for the fans not to be dissapointed that my 14 year old youth signing hasn't played any games. Its silly.
Not being able to select a player for the squad when he is "at home recupurating from the flu" - He's at home, how can I play him!
The pre-match analysis needs MASSIVE work on it. It's totally innaccurate and based on Club Reputation which is severely flawed
For example: I just took on CFR Cluj in the Champions League group stage as Olympique Lyonnais. The pre-match analysis said Cluj should edge it. Come again?!!!??!
Their reputation is 6800 and mine is 6700. The analysis seems to be purely based on this stat and ignores the fact that im the French league champions playing the Romanian champions, the squads are grossly mismatched and i hammered them 3-0 home and away.
Perhaps addup all the CA of the players in the starting 11 and bring that into the equation? For example, if Man Utd play a team of reserves in the FA Cup final, they won't be clear-cut favourites compared to starting with Rooney, Ronaldo etc?
So say Real Madrid field a squad of 11 players all with CA of 170 each, bringing a total points of 1870. You could multiply the Club Rep by this figure giving a score of 9000rep * 1870 total CA = 16,830,000 score.
And for my Lyon side 11 players of 160 CA each, total points of 1760, Club Rep as 6700, score of 11,792,00 (6700*1760).
And for the Cluj side i just played, 11 players with a CA of 140 each is 1540, times by club rep of 6800 gives a score of 10,472,000.
So i would be favourites against Cluj, because my squad is of a higher calibre than theirs, despite their slightly higher reputation.
The hard part comes with determining how the difference between the figures translates into game predictions.
Last edited by swisso; 13-05-2009 at 15:05.
I would like the ability to interact with a player in greater detail. It would be nice to tell a youngster that he is the future of this team. It has been tough trying to keep players from getting upset when not allowing them to discuss terms with another team.
......if this were possible to do for fm 2010......could it be possible to add it as a patch or something for 09?
I want player talk in the game
I want to say something to these idiots when they are trying to shoot and not pass. I hate egoisam. I want team play, and not one-man-match
Was thinking of a couple of things to improve the game and make it more realistic..
- Allow more on the spot tactic making, instead of ticking boxes etc, allow links between the 11 players on the pitch by dragging them onto each other in the tactic screen with a red line or something showing the link, so they will link with each other more in game (1-2's etc, useful for a playmaker with a striker or a full back with a winger or both central mids) and allow like a maximum of 3 links a team or something. We all know real managers use a white board and draw on it with a marker!
- A proper news section for scores etc. For example, FM's own implementation of Sky Sports News with up to date scores and main news including transfer rumours for the day, which could get exciting when the transfer deadline approaches.
- Allow more options to talk with your player, rather than just about his form or to recommend a signing, ask him how he feels since he signed for the club, for example. Maybe allow an option to talk to the referee too :P Makes it more realistic at least.
- And of course, aswell as adding things, other things could be removed such as the long wait when viewing the match in 3d mode for key highlights and you wait so long and nothing even happens or annoying amount of wanted players your team always has but other teams never seem to have the same :[
Last edited by rayjay; 13-05-2009 at 18:14.
Welcome to the boards, rayjay. Threads with lists of multiple ideas belong here in the "Wishlist" thread, as indicated in the forum header. Threads discussing a single idea in detail merit their own thread. Cheers!
Be able to advertise for staff jobs at national level.
Updated odds, Media prediction as the league goes.
-The 3d match - the graphics need improving alot. They need to be more smooth and there really needs to be stadiums with different colured seats
-Tactics designer - with the 3d match we should be able to go onto the pitch and drag players around and be able to make great tatics. These could take maybe months to perfect in training and would be a really good feature
- Stadium designer - We should be able to build a stadium like in the FIFA manager games, it would make the game more fun!
-A seperate tool for the last day of the transfer window which would work similar to MSN and you can type offers and get an instant reply. There should also be a real time clock counting down.
-Sponsorships - these need to be added in and dont need to be real so long as there are lots and they can be editted.
Player ineraction - A module similar to the transfer one (above) where you can select a wide range of options and talk to the player, without using the media
I know that a manager dosen't control all of this but I remeber in Total Club manager you had a "jack of all trades option" this would still allow people to play as a normal manager if they want to or have complete control of the club.
Facegen - This needs to be improved as if you play for 20 years you are going to have loads of faces and they all need to be different - at the moment they are too similar.
Have the game evolve - If you play for 20 years the game stays the same - there sould be changes in the no. of subs on the bench, Carling cup gets new sponsorship, the 6+5 rule comes in...
Also when you join a club you should be able to know what the board wants to do eg stay in the championship as the premier league is too expensive, rather than going to a club and getting no money and having to move on.
I am unsure if this has been mentioned previously as I have not checked all the pages, but there are two small things I would like to see added to compliment my gameplay experience and in theory should not be to hard to add in.
1. The option set the Playmaker and Target Man tactics to a Position as well as a Player.
2. The ability to pre-set Oposition Tactics to Positions as well as Players. This is due to the repetative nature of what is required, it gets rather boring having to go through these every match when I tend to deal with the players position rather than the player themselves. I'm generally always going to close down wingers, show strikers on to weaker foot and go in hard against their midfield. To optimise the chance of winning a game its not something you can just ignore.
I'd like to see team talks used to reinforce tactics.
Instead of the morale changes that teams talks currently inflict, why not have options saying: To a midfielder: "I want you to improve your passing" or to a DM "support the defense more" or to a ST "Put 'Player x' under pressure when he's got the ball" or to the whole team "Keep the ball as much as possible". Or to a player who has played well: "Good so far but improve your passing/shooting/work-rate".
I know these are all in the tactic menus/options but surely these options are better than "I don't want your performance to drop" when you are 3-0 up at half time.
Last edited by Forkoid; 14-05-2009 at 15:33.
- I think training matches would be a good addition. If anyone has ever played LMA Manager for PS2 they might remember that you could put your first team against your reserves or your subsitutes on a weekly basis. I think it would be great because you can see how well your tactics will work, instead of just making a tactic and testing the water against your next opponent. This would also make scout reports more important as you can set the opposition training team's tactics to replicate your next opponent.
- Also maybe more interactivity with your team in training, perhaps with weekly or even daily detailed training reports on how well your players train. I've thought about viewing training sessions, but this might be pointless and unhelpful, but I think having more detailed reports would be good. For example, such report could say "Jim worked hard today and seemed to get on well with his team mates" or "Andy had a bad attitude in training and did not get on well with other players".
- Being able to actually talk to your players more. Sir Alex doesn't wait until matchday to raise the morale of his players, he tells them at the training ground or at team lunches what he thinks of them. If a player is being lazy in training then you should be able to give them a bit of an earbashing or maybe motivate them. I know that you are able to interact with players through the media, but in my opinion no manager should ever go to the media before he talks to the player (*cough* David Moyes). Basically, I want to turn up to training, single out a player and talk to them, and I want immediate responses from them instead of a response a few days later.
1.much much more interaction(players,staff,board,ai managers...)
2.less press conferences
3.more fun in the game,so we won't need any books to read before playing
4.option to exclude pitches when you start the game(i use only text,it's all about imagining)
5.more start game options that could significantly improve game speed,last one is terribly slow
BASIC CLASSIC VIEW MODE - FULL SCREEN 2D CLASSIC
This is what we need for FM10: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=124434
Full screen basic 2D classic.
2D is sooooooooooooo yesterday.
FM 08 is still in stores, btw.
This is something that really needs to be improved. Currently, tactics just don't seem to allow us to be able to get a team to play the way we want. Too many players hoofing the ball when they're world class etc.
We should be able to tell players how we want them to play, a smooth passing game, long ball, quick passes etc etc. The tactics currently just don't allow us this level of flexibility.
Hi guys, first post!
Rather than just come on and criticise, i'd like to say that since i've been playing (CM4) the game really has developed quite substantially. Some developments have been great, others not so.
I'm not sure if anyone from SI really reads this, i really hope they do, because some of you really have come up with absolutely fantastic ideas - stuff that i'd never even thought about, and then after reading, thought that it would really improve the game!
I think the top area that needs a revamp for me is transfers
There's a few aspects to my observations on this.
1. Greater interaction at negotiation stage .It would be fantastic if users were able to have greater interaction with players during negotiations, or with their agents - describing their potential role in the team, sharing your vision with them etc. In real life i believe that this can sometimes be a clincher for some players who feel a manager's philosophy and vision is something they'd like and sways their decision.
2. Loans. Although most of my experiences with FM09 are good, this is a real bugbear. On several different games that i have, it is a huge problem. When i wish to send out a player on loan to pick up invaluable game time, 90% of the time, there is no interest in him, despite the fact that he may be a very good player, or at least a youngster with real potential. For example, in one game i bought John Fleck for my Barca team, and after letting him develop for a while in the youth side, i tried to loan him to clubs but no one was interested. This simply is not lifelike. Look at the Premiership and Arsenal - there are so many clubs who rely on a team like them loaning out some of their prospects. Clubs are falling over each other to take them on loan!
3. First options. Now this i feel is where FM could easily introduce a great change. I'm very sure that in the older versions of the game from SI, you had the ability on the transfer screen to secure first option to buy a player. This was a great feature, as you could buy a first option on a player for a few years, let them mature and then bring them to your club. For some reason, the feature was dropped, so nowadays if you wish to buy a player with potential, but one who can't yet quite make that step up to your first team, then he'll invariably be left rotting in the reserves (the terrible loaning setup contributes to this!) I really can't understand why such a simple, yet brilliant feature was taken out - its not something that would need to be coded with great dedication i'd imagine - after all it used to be available!
4. Transfers of managers - this is stolen from a few others who have posted but i thought i'd reiterate it because the idea deserves kudos! Upon building a relationship with your Assistant/Coaches/Youth Coach, if you are to leave a club, it should really be allowed so that you can request they come with you. It is perhaps one of the biggest differences in real life management and playing on FM. In real life, i would say that its very rare for only a amanger to move, its much more common to have a whole coaching team go to a new club.
5. Tapping up. Wouldn't it be great if you were able to meet with players and tap them up, contact them on the sly, trying to arrange deals behind the other clubs back. of course you could have a media loving player, or agent who could leak the details etc...!
I'd rather not go on too much about press conferences and team tactics, as i think the developers have done a good job, considering there was nothing of the sort in the old days, and i don't think they will stop at the current levels of these, rather im certain that they will continue to innovate and develop both of these.
If any SI people do read this, please take this as constructive criticism, rather than an attack. the game IS good, i'm just offering up suggestions to tweak it.
Last edited by Paman; 16-05-2009 at 16:31.
A manual that fully explains all aspects of the game down to the finest detail. That'd be good.
Suggestions for improvements that haven't been named before (maybe):
Better player manager interaction
Ask a player what's wrong, how he likes the club, his new home etc.
Why are there players who have 18/19/20 on penalty's, and a very low score on pressure handling? Isn't a penaltyshooting merely a mental problem? because ANY professional player can hit a ball right, he just needs to clear out his thoughts about possibly missing the shot and then he will succeed in real life. So I don't see how the game can judge a player when there is far too little interference by the mental aspect of the penalty shootout, and the overall gameplay.
Pressure Handling & Management
This, in real life is one of the most important aspects of today's football. When a player has got it right in the head, he's got it right with his feet.
Sure it's in the game but it's far too limited this way. There should be options listed for hiring a psychologist for when a player has serious problems settling in the area or handling pressure in general. When a player improves mentally, he is more likely to become improve his game a lot faster, and would likely be more confident, consistent, and less error prone.
There should also be a stat for intimidation... there are a lot of scared players who are afraid they will get a hammering from a towering tattooed defender.
- Player mariages day off
- Player hungover, suspend him for unprofessional behaviour
- Player overweight issues
- More starting skins
- Rolling manual save
- Match engine: i've never ever seen players acting so incredibly stupid and winning the game 4-0. Passes that no one would pass, like the backpass from the penalty area....
- Stop asking for my star player! NO is NO, i don't want to be bugged everytime a team is interested!
- Better integration of Mass controls: i find the ability to control large groups of players in opposition instructions, or selection screen(put all to available for reserve squad) etc rather limited.
- Return of 'Move to first team for 1/2/4/8 weeks! Eh why was this option removed?
- Improvement of the 3d engine, the people who don't have a big pc can go play 2d.
- Regen improvement
- More player contract options & release clausules for coaches/scouts!
- Start your own transfer rumours to mislead other teams!
- and please, stop the wrong judgement at the match preview... a team in top form can do anything, even if they play against higher reputational teams.
- When a player has slight concerns when im not giving the team enough credit or worried by the lack of discipline, tell me exactly why!
- when your team is winning everything for 20 years, and you have one bad season, why do you get sacked? thanks fans! thanks board!
- when your team is about to win a lot of prizes, there still are players who would like moves to lower or equal or little higher rep clubs, why?
- try to give the game a less robotic feeling, its all so pre-set, you already know what's coming.
maybe i'll come up with some more.
What I'd like to see is a player during a match asking for permission for something.
My striker has scored two goals and we get a penalty. The guy isn't my regular penalty taker but I'd like him to have the opportunity to get his hat-trick and I'm sure he'd like the same.
At this point, I'd like to see the player ask me for permission to take the pen instead of the regular guy. We see it often enough in rl, guys fighting over the right to take a free kick or a penalty.
Just to make them a bit more realistic.
Okay, I want to see these "flaws" fixed in FM 10:
* Transfer AI: Man U and the other big teams still do not buy any players, or at least rarely do so. MLS-teams seems to free transfer and sign players at a random pattern, without any logic. And don´t get me started on the Villarreal vs Altidore-bug. Insane.
* Youth players and the AI: AI-controlled teams still free transfer players with good PA, or sell them for next to nothing. I have never EVER had a bid rejected because the other team thinks a players is something they want to keep for the future. Also, AI-controlled teams hardly use any of their talents, even if they do great in the reserves or when they are on loan.
* Newgens/regens: You must stop those horrible 14-16 year old new/regens from appearing in the national U19/U21 teams. They are unrealistic (or please show tell me the last time when nations like England, Spain and France had some five 16-year old players in their U21 team). Plus you know these little freaks nearly always have a PA of at least 150.
* Language: Seems to be messed up. I´ve seen players with dual nationality speak only one language, despite the fact they have spent several years, or even was born, in a country. I´ve also seen players who can speak French, english, and french (basic).
Last edited by Viking; 17-05-2009 at 13:52.
Weird, I am on the 1st January 2012, and Darren Gibson has played 7 games, Macheda has none, Rafael played 17 games for Man Utd in two seasons, then went to Tottenham where he is a first teamer, 74 games in 2 and a bit seasons, Baxter has no games, Possebon has played 11 games for United and John Bostock has played 1 game for Tottenham, and 3 games on loan at Championship Charlton.
As for Gibbs, he has 4 games for Arsenal.
Nothing major, but I suppose it is more than some, unless you are Macheda
-I'd like to have the ability to create a new league.
-I would also like the ability to change a country's facegen setting.
Last edited by DaSilva9; 17-05-2009 at 19:46.
I would like to buy FM in German shops again ;-)
There should be training camps. Every team visits training camps.
When you're a farm team, you should claim a clause, that your loan player plays a minimum of matches at the feeder club.
Training should be more detailed, for example there should be different training programs for different weekdays.
Something like a *scenario mode*, e.g. you take over a team and it says: you'll be fired if you can't prevent this team from relegation within 7 matches.
What about spending a part of your wage for the club, if the club gets into financial troubles? If you spend a part of your salary, your Loyality-value rises and the fans and your players do have more respect of your work.
Second teams like Bayern II etc should be made separate and more like affiliate clubs like the Spanish clubs have been.
Ability to offer your share in a co-owned player in Italy
Ability to offer a team co-ownership in a part-exchange deal.
testemonials. from when a player first plays a league game to ten years past that he should get the chance to play a testemonial att the end of the season,
e.g player x has been at the club 10 years and you now have the opption to offer the player a testemonial at the end of the season
League reputation should increase and decrease based on the club reputations.
First of all sorry for my english, hope this makes some sense.
In general I agree with almost all the recommendations here. The ones about more interaction between staff, directives, players and fans are a must.
The other one that I liked is the one about what you do with the money you get paid as a manager. I believe that if its implemented properly could be great. As an example of this, Manuel Pellegrini (Villareal coach) and Claudio Borghi (ex Independiente coach) were bidding few months ago to buy a little club in Chile to later develop players to sell. This addition would add a new dimension to the game, not a "manager" one but in my eyes a great addition.
Now going more in detail there are some elements that should be taken into account, maybe Im too picky with them but in any case I will give my shout .... For example if you are managing AC Milan you should receive info about when to play certain players or not. Its well know that Milan have one, if not the best, performance centre in world football and that they reduce the injury risk by studying, according to their fitness, between which dates a player could get injured, stopping them from playing at those times.
Other one would be the importance of the architecture of the stadium and the fans, as is not the same to play in a "tranquil" stadium with "easy going fans" than playing away in the Ramon Calderon, in the cauldron of the Bombonera or Anfield.
Other thing would be to give certain "special abilities" to the coaches. With this I'm not talking if they are 1 or 7 stars, I'm talking about how certain coaches influence the way of playing of a player and a team. As an example I can call the famous Ricardo Moniz. Obviously he is a guy interested about developing the technique, quoting him : "In recent years I have uncovered certain aspects of ‘technique training’ for my vision and my experience working with the Coerver Method. The next time it will be fixed on the views and conversations that I've had with other trainer-coaches, who use the method as their framework" why I shouldnt suppose that the young players he trains wouldn't have a higher technical ability than the usual younger, or the ones that are trained by Pepijn Lijnders to be "extreme in their technical abilities" as he wants them to be, and as result of that the young players he trains would "try more tricks" than the usual.
Obviously this are too fine details but could be a nice addition for the game to see how certain coaches can change the way the team play and which abilities and moves a player develop better.
I would had liked to explain myself better but hopefully this will make some sense.
another psychological effect on players as i mentioned before.
it's really important for players to react dissapointed when put back to the 2nd squad.
this should be more pointed out.
Also it's a must to bring back the ' move to ... squad for: 1/2//4/8 weeks'
REAL 3D replay, whenever we request to see (Goals, fouls, offside)
I guess won't take too much resources, since it is possible to do so with PES series.
Yeah, collaborate with Konami. pwned EA.
For closing down i think there should be two bars on the same slider. The slider would represent the pitch and the player would close down when between the two sliders. This would make it easier to make forwards and wingers track back or close down the ball in opponent's half but not the entire pitch.
Six ideas for Team-Talks:
- Improve Team Talk Feedback
- Add "Motivation" to the Select Team Talk screen
- Add a "Special Team Talk Available" icon to the Select Team Talk screen
- Rename the "None" team talk
- Add a pop-up indicating in more detail what the team-talk means in context
- Don't provide any team-talk which is nonsensical in context
Discussed in more detail at:
Team-Talks: UI improvements?
* more options on contracts eg minimum release clause on last year of contract
* contract clauses to extend an existing contract for an additional year
* minimum release clauses for foreign leagues (or higher leagues)
* ai-clubs accepting/suggesting transfers with money for goals clauses or additional money when reaching international competitions and so on
*more interaction with affiliated clubs, eg an option to ask what kind of player is needed, so i don't have to guess whether the player in question will make many apps during loan
scouting is not effective enough i think, there are so many unrealistic and annoying things:
* when i send out a scout to england after half a year i expect him to have an oppinion on all star players and well known talents - maybe not a detailed report but at least a star rating.
* i want an option to scout a certain club, a detailed report on every player
* irl south america produces a lot of talents, not all of these hyped boys will become worldstars, but i want my scouts (even when they're scouting somewhere else in the world) to tell me that there is a talented player and advise me to send a scout
* i want scouting reports to improve in accuracy when a player is scouted several times, instead i always get the same reports and when i check via cheating-tool the pa-scouting is mostly inaccurate (or speaking honestly worthless). on the other hand scout reports a very good in terms of estimating profesionalism, big matches or injury-proneness, which is heavily unrealistic if i think of my scout sitting in the stadium and watching only one game.
* i want my assistant manager to provide undetailed scout reports of my opponent after a match (above mentioned star-rating)
it would be very handy to have personal instructions for set pieces, not only for set-piece takers. for example i like to have my strikers swapping positions, but i can only asign special duties (challenge keeper, lurk outside area etc) to a position. so during 50% of my corners i have my oversonic midget challenging the keeper and my ten foot muscle-mountain lurking somewhere.
same with versatile defenders: for example a D RLC who is a right footed natural CB, i dont want him to try crosses from the left side. i wish there was an everything else overriding option to tell him not to cross the ball.
we also need special tactical moves. for example ml/mr aml/amr: it seems to me that the match engine assumes that all wide players have to run to the corner flag an try crosses. if i set my player to crosses: rarely, he then runs to the corner flag and seems to be completely lost. the player has got no plan b. that is where my tactical move comes in: it would be grat if i could tell him not to run to the corner flag but to cut inside earlier or try a diagonal pass. this would make the game better for teams with players like messi or ribery who play on the "wrong" side or just can not cross or for teams without a tall striker or just to try something different when being down by one and only ten minutes to go...
some tactical paterns that came to my mind:
tell a striker to provoke free-kicks and corners - not scoring. when i remember last ac milan champions league final, inzaghi was only on the pitch for this reason. his team played very defensive, some counter attacks by seedorf and kaka but most of the time milan had long balls to inzaghi, who didn't try to dribble through the defenders but to get fouled and to produce corner kicks.
handball-like passing around the ball just outside the opponent's penalty area and waiting for good ocasions for a through ball. like guardiola's barca
passes my players have to run onto (not only target man). like rijkaard's barca
pushing oponents' attacks on the side or into the center of the pitch (as a general tactical option, instead of every game opp. instruction which has to be renewed when a player is substituted)
433 striker positioning: when the ball is on the right side my SR drops slightly deeper and my SL moves up into a second SC position. in game the tactical positioning is way too static.
i find it rediculous that i can only train certain groups of attributes. most obvious is ball control, which increases dribbling and heading. why isn't it possible to train heading only? an easy way to enhance the training section could be to be able to give every player one special attribute to work on along side his normal schedule.
in general it would be nice to have more feedback on attribute development, for example: message from your assistant manager: "players x, y and z have increased their bravery as they were the driving forces behind the great comback of your team in the last cup match..."
- players who want to leave my club because they want to play at a bigger club should really move to a bigger club and not to a club in my league that hasn't played an international match in years (of course it also has a lower reputation)
- players who want to leave the club should not suddenly "want to prove their worth to the team" after being transfer listed
- the left- and right-arrows at the top of every screen should take you to the next item in the list you are currently viewing.
for example: when i view the transfer list, i want to click on the first player and then go to the next player in the list and not the next player in the first player's club.
- the market value calculation seems to have some flaws. one of my young players played a whole season and did well, improved but he is still valued only 40,000€
- in my first season the goal is "title challenge", in the second season after having reinforced the team the goal is only "international qualification". this has happened to me at several clubs.
- the confidence area needs to be improved: the fans are disappointed at my youth signings for 10,000€ although they will be top-players in a few years. the fans are ecstatic about high results in friendly matches and these matches are always mentioned in the Board Confidence Update.
- The AI-clubs should not let go of their top youth talents. Or at least they should ask for a decent transfer fee.
- more interaction with affiliated clubs: you should be able to propose not needed players to your affiliated clubs, or advise them a talent youth you just scouted that is not good enough for you. in return they'd tell you of players they have scouted but that would not want to join their club.
In the Team Tactics screen you can check specific player attridute details pre match, eg the list of 1-11 when showing "Long Shots" for all a number appears next to the selected option relating to the players Long shot ability (many other too like TTB, RWB etc). This saves time jumping between screens when tailoring instructions, however this only works away from a match. An in-match situation will not give you that data for comparison with the exception of set piece key attributes. Its a pain, can SI include the in match view option for FM10 please?
Why not have the player - manager option .
I would like to be able to continue a saved game from FM 2009 in FM 2010. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement but i think it would be great for all those players that usually start a game and reach seasons like 2050 or so.
Copied it from here:7. Improving Graphics
First of all, bring back the kits to the match screen. I don't care if they conflict with the 3d kits shown in the 3d match engine and I don't care if the kits I added are pink and the other ones are green. The easiest solution would simply be making them as separate identities and maybe adding an easy way of adding/changing colours, without any template editing, or coding. Until the 3d match engine will show everything crystal-clear, I am quite sure the lack of sponsors on the moving shirts wouldn't effect anyone. I am finding it really hard to understand the reason behind the inability to co-exist between a freaking image and something animated. Kits used to be an important part of our "community" and eventhough we still see artists around, SI basically made their work useles.
Tease our eyes a bit and improve the 3d match engine a bit. Some hate it by default, some say it's ugly. Well, I think it has lots of potential and it could well turn out into something magnificent. Add some stadium art and some simple supporters, maybe jumping around. Coding something like that is not hard at all and I am quite sure the requirements wouldn't be increased with a big amount. I would also like some more type of stadiums added. Currently we have 2. A big one and a small one. Adding legendary stadiums like the Camp Nou would add loads to the gaming experience, especially for people who actually care.
6. Spice to Multi-playing
Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the current system, even though I rarely use it. I think it serves it's purpose, but there is so much unexploited potential.. How cool would be if my Napoli in 2014 could actually battle Cartman's 2010 Villareal? Maybe my 2015 Amkar against Ali's German national side? I know that there are some arguments against this, like FM knowledge being a process and not just the form of your players in one match, but I really think this could be done. With the current tactical system, you will be more successful if you tweak your tactics for every match and in every match. It's harder to win a single match, therefore this interactive multi-playing experience could actually work.
We could actually create tournaments for us, to test our skills and our teams. Our team is something we created, therefore it could be a nice test of our scouting and business skills. My team is better than yours would no longer be something which cannot be tested. On the other hand, real FM could also have a similar playing mod to FMLive, but until that product is on the market, I am sure we won't see that and we will need to pay for it. We can always dream though..
5. Recording System
We already have a topic about this, but this is really something I would love to see. Recording goals, matches is pretty damn hard these days and this is a real curse for lazy people like me, but people who actually want to show their achievements to others, in order to interact with other FM loving members. Not sure whether SI will ever do this, but it would add a new dimension to the community and would single-handedly revive the old and unpopular Goal of the Month/Week competitions. Imagine a goal being saved by one click and uploaded to youtube by another. Youtube would be filled with people from the scene and by becoming popular, we could actually advertise the game and our sites to others, who never been on an FM site.
SI could use this for comercial purposes too, but as once, someone who is now in Greece said, they are too stupid for it. Another thing I have been thinking about, related to this of course, is a possible ability to easily create a compilation, or a resume of your match. You press a button and your goals are shown automatically, without being forced to search for them manually. This, alongside the recording would yet again open up new mines for us to exploit. Rate my Match, Match of the Week or Show me Your last Match. Maybe a Match of the Day, FM style? Ha, I'm touching myself over this..
Again, an interesting subject that has been debated here on LW. It has all started with a topic about pre-season tournaments.. They don't get enough attention and they are seriously neglected. At least in my opinion they are. Why can't I created the Perm version of the Amsterdam Tournament? I freaking want to! I would call it Cupa Perm and would invite all the best Eastern teams. Of course, in theory I could do this every year, but no one would give a damn about it. It would just be another pre-season tournament, created by a human manager, with no history and of course no interest from the media, therefore no interest for big teams. Something similar goes for tours. In real life MU or Real get loads of attention for going to China and we even know what did Ronaldo have for breakfast. In FM you just go. Play. Return.
Another thing related to pre-season is the lack of options regarding pre-season training. I don't create my own schedules, but I do have a few set out for some of my key players. I don't know much about training and I don't even know what does the "Assistant to handle training" option does. All I know is that I don't have a seperate schedule for pre-season and I think that would almost be as important as one for GK's. In real life we hear about teams visiting the mountains to gain stamina and similar things. What can we do on the other hand? Get off every player from the schedules they were assigned to, put them on the one created by us, called "Pre-Season". Wait 2 months. Add players back. I know what Caesar would do with his thumb now..
3. Interact here, Interact there, Interact everywhere!
A subject which is a broader than the previous ones, I think. I want more interaction. I want more interaction with players, with my boardroom, with other managers and with nosy journalists too. For example the press conferences are really bad the way they are. You get asked the same questions 4 times a month and sometimes you need to tell the journalists 3 times that you won't freaking answer that question! I would love more questions and a bigger spotlight on journalists. If you already met one of them, they will actually memorize you and know what will you answer and what will you just gently skip. If you have been rude with one of them, you could even read it in next day's newspaper. Now that would be cool..
Interacting with the board now. They say what can you do and you listen. They say you can't do anything, you don't do anything. This is another subject which was already discussed here on LW and I know that some of you don't agree, but I think it could work out quite well. You tell the board you need a new staff member, give reasons, then they give. You promise that rather than finishing 5th, you will get a podium and suddenly, they come more understanding. Other things would be like asking them to let you scout in more places. You show them the money, they praise your name and stop being cocks. Also, how cool would it be, if you could ask them for the requirements for a new stadium, for example? "When will you build me a new stadium?" "When you'll get 200mil in balance." "Ktxs"
2. Dynamic League Reputation
Something that many disagree with. Does not matter, I want it. Again, I am not here to discuss whether a country like Romania could became the biggest footballing nation in the World. Probably not in the next 50 years. Then again, a club like Steaua won't win the UCL either in real life. In the game it might. The thing I am questioning is the effect of a club's success to the reputation of the league and it's representation in FM. If in real life a Romanian club would win the UCL, wouldn't big names go there? Maybe not at first, but what if this team would actually start dominating World football and would bring in loads of money to the country, therefore other teams would become big too? I think SI are exaggerating a bit with all the precautions put into the game, to stop these nations becoming too big and I think I won't change my mind even if my theory gets no support from any of you too.
Of course, we can also consider that FM and SI are spot on with their idea. Why so strict then? The fact that when managing in small leagues, you will probably never be able to get the biggest stars, is something that puts many people off managing there. Everywhere we can see people managing in England, or in other top leagues, but we rarely see games from Hungary or Croatia for instance. Let's face it, people like winning and if SI gives a damn about the usage of these leagues, then something should definitely be done to help people manage great success in these countries. I am not saying that things should be made much easier, as they shouldn't. I just think that some brakes should be left a bit softer..
1. Revamp the Youth System
My biggest wish. Add more to our youth.. Youth development is not what it could be and I think it needs a serious revamp. I wouldn't want to talk about the way I feel about the current system, as I already did so in "Using Children: Bad?" , I just want to express some of my wishes regarding this aspect of the game.
First of all, youth academies are way too unused. In real life every respectable big club has a few of these in South America and in Africa. It gives you a status you know, a reputation. I think this should definitely be introduced to FM. One day the board would announce that they are building an academy in Costa Rica and next season you would get 2 decent Costa Ricans at your team. Then in Kuala Lumpur, etc.. This could also indicate the improvement of a club and for example, if you are a small-ish club at the beginning of the game, you get some money and build an academy in Brazil, you would already be considered as a World Class team. I am not expecting to be able to build these myself, I just want them to be more important in the economy of FM.
More youth teams and more youth leagues.. This is something we have recently discussed and to be honest, I really like the idea. Why shouldn't teams have more youth teams? U14, U15, all up to U19. Not sure whether this has some legal obstacles in front of it, but seeing 15 years old players in FM makes you think not. Even if you won't have teams for each of these age categories, why couldn't we have something like the trial day, but for youths. Every season, there is a weekend where youngsters play. Greyed out players at first, but the better ones could actually turn into real ones and if clubs have scouts sent there, they could actually get some of the good stuff. Something very related to this and to my 2nd wish, is a country arranging leagues like this, even though they have none at the start of the game. For example, Romania wants to start leagues like this in the near future. Why shouldn't they do it in FM too?
That's why the LW references, but wrote it myself
Should stick this one.
Too many Idea threads popping recently.
Wouldn't it add to the realism of the game if you could instruct your players to choose to play towards your own supporters in the first or second half (depending on what you prefer) after the coin toss, therefore slightly influencing your team's motivation?
When my team Feyenoord play at home for example, they always choose to play towards their own supporters in the second half, therefore having a small advantage during the second half.
Just a minor detail though. It's not the most important thing in the world.
I already opened a thread about this: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...92#post3247892
how about opening up an acadamy abroad? the likes of man utd tapping into another countrys talent, example, open an academy in lyon? milan? amsterdam? places where they have a rich history of producing fine young players. in the acadamy they can learn to speak english ect
I have no idea how SI will get through all these ideas, but I hope they can, plenty of good ones.
I'd like for you to be able to set a transfer status to "reject lower offers". atm you can only have "reject lower, but accept equal".
Would be so minor and easy, but I would really appreciate it, as I like to decided whether to accept any bid, but filter out the ridiculously low ones.
either remove the over-confidence in players, or make their something to be able to sort it out
I would like an options to scout players at once in a kind of 'hold down 'S' and click on the players names and it will automatically scout the players.
In doing this I can select 10 players from a search list and do not have to click on each player individually (if that makes sense).
Also, when the game starts the pitch is always on display on the screen. I would like the beginning of the game screen to reflect the end of the last game. So if I have a slit view (with no 2D/3D match selected) it will not show the pitch at the start of the game.
Also, it would be cool if when you click on a teams logo/badge it takes you to their squad.
This really needs looking at imo. It's so irritating, when your player becomes unhappy, and the only way to address it is through interviews with the media. Any manager would take a discussion with a player feeling "treated unfairly" or "dissillusioned". Why is it not possible to say e.g. "Iwant to see the team improve to match your ambitions" or "you're in my first-team plans" directly to a player, without going through the media?
Even commenting on a players performance is to the media rather than the player himself. Obviously both options should be possible.
Would defo like a "manager's player of the year" award. We should choose our own player of the year. IRL clubs have a fans award, a players' player award and a manager's award for who is the player of the year at a club. They could all come together, and as a news item say how at the club awards evening, who got what awards.
Shift - Hold down and select the first & last player you want to highlight to create a group then right click on the group and select your option.
Control - Hold down and select multiple random players from a list then right click and select relevant option.
I'd really like to be able to add managers jobs to my shortlist so you can get updates if the job comes available. Just like if you have a player on your shortlist you get to know if he becomes available, refuses a contract or if someone else goes for him.
People may have mentioned most of these, but here's some things I haven't seen mentioned:
Improved staff search: you can't shortlist them, there aren't many parameters you can filter - it wouldn't be much effort to make it a little more extensive (or alternatively, to make the job centre worth using).
The ability to play a training match: when I want to try out new tactics, or to see what my players do in certain situations, I have to arrange a friendly against my U18s. Like IRL, I should be able to split my squad, play 20 mins of a match to see how a new formation pans out, and then wrap it up before my players get tired or injured.
Some interactions stuff: there seems to be little impact that I as a manager can have on a player's development. If he thinks himself too good to be mentored, I pretty much have to put up with his attitude - there should be the option to have words with young players, set them straight if possible. Some players have always been and will always be difficult, but Giggs, for instance was not so professional until Ferguson intervened. In short, we shouldn't only be able to comment on a player's on-field performance, but also on how he does in training etc.
Favoured personnel should actually be friends: if my CM really likes my CB, it's weird that my CB doesn't also have my CM on his favoured personnel list.
There should be the sense that things are happening without my instigation: for example, Fletcher of Man utd says that he always really respected and wanted to be like Roy Keane - and he modelled his work ethic on him. Keane always used to slag off Fletcher and Richardson and clearly didn't like them. Nevertheless, his position as captain made him a default mentor, in effect, to the younger players - my senior players should likewise have an effect
(so that teams like Arsenal, without experienced influence, might suffer, unless they have very professional youngsters)
Basically, players are together all the time: they shouldn't only learn habits, good or bad, off the players that you direct them to, they should be learning off each other all the time.To go back to the Giggs example - he was great friends with Lee Sharpe, who wasn't very professional and was leading him astray - one of the reasons Lee Sharpe was sold. Perhaps a "really looks up to [older player]"/"spending a lot of time with [contemporary]" feature, with the same effects as mentoring of mental stats (not PPMs necessarily).
Players that don't get along can still play together: Gallas and Toure hate each other, Yorke, Cole and Sherringham didn't get along (everybody loves Solsksjaer). If they are professional, they should be able to play despite dislike
Training ground bust-ups shouldn't be the first that I hear of trouble. If I have a good hands-on rating, then I should be able to nip this stuff in the bud, spot potential trouble.
In short, we should know more about our players mentally, and to be honest, probably less about the mentality of players we don't own - you could probably spot a model professional from seeing him train, but until you've seen him in a big match, how do you know if he'll crumble or not?
I should be able to avoid controversial signings - I know that Bellamy would probably have a high controversy stat: I should also know if a regen has a high controversy stat: the whole point of controversy is that it gets people talking - I should be able to see that stuff coming, and decide whether to take a gamble.
There's nothing worse than siging a player who turns out to be an ass that the fans hate.
About this point;
That isn't always true. Theo Walcott may love Thierry Henry and want to be like him, but Henry may find him an annoying little suck up.Favoured personnel should actually be friends: if my CM really likes my CB, it's weird that my CB doesn't also have my CM on his favoured personnel list.
Sure it's not always true - but I've pretty much never seen two players become friends in the game - only one randomnly idolise the other.
I'd like to be able to pick colours and designs for new strips every season, maybe even new sponsors once deals run out
Two things I would like:
1. Being able to interact with your chairman like you can with players, and having him interact with you as this happens with real managers a lot.
2. Being able to copy and paste player attributes in text form. If I want to tell my friend on MSN about this great youngster i just found, I don't want to have to make a screenshot and send it which can take time, I just want to show him stats quickly.
Corners:12 Aggression: 12
Crossing:10 Anticipation: 10
Dribbling:16 Bravery: 9
i would like to see the following:
a) the away attendance e.g. if the attendance is 10000 it should say 10000(235) for the away supporters present
b) being abe to take your backroom staff with you if you move clubs
c) parachute payments
d) fans running on the pitch after a major result i.e survival or winning the league
e) champions league badge on the centre circle before each champions league game
f) new kits at the end of each season
let me know what you think...
In the real word, a director of football can be appointed to be a manager. If we can see this feature in FM2010?
When we begin a new game, several friendlies have been arranged. We have to manually cancel them if we dont like them. I really miss what FM 2006 did, that is no friendlies exits at the very begining of the game.
A GK with both strong foot would not get as much benifit as outfield players.
How about Players that are up themselves not mentioning any names... christiano.. come back to the squad hotel late from a night out on the town etc and you have to deal with all that crap. Just alot more media and team talk options I think is only really needed weve had the exact same team talk options since 06. Also improve the 3D match and an option to change the graphics settings on the 3d for the slower computers.
I think the comparing of players need to be expanded. I suggested a visual comparison of attributes (with training exercises using the match engine) in a separate thread. Also, I think we should be able to compare several players or the whole squad to see where your overall team strengths and weaknesses are.
For example, say I want to see how good my four strikers are in the air. I would then be able to pick my four strikers, and choose to summarize for attributes "Heading" and "Jumping". I might get a result like this for my mediocre 2nd league team:
That way I can easily and in a summarized form see that my strikers stink at these attributes and need to train more on them.
Also, include a "traffic light"-system for the attributes with a gradual color code of red-orange-yellow-green to reflect the skill in each attribute. That would make it easier to see what your player is good/bad at a glance...
C, the parachute money, is already implemented in the game. I received some money when I got relegated from EC to League 1
I have no idea if this has been posted, (i havent gone through all 40 odd pages) but on a personal level I am getting annoyed with the league cup as being a so called "big" team I don't want to play my first team (gives my youth players a chance to shine and get first team experience). However if i lose, i get slated in the press and the my supporters and board tell me how dispointed they are. Surley SI can find a away to chance importance of certain competitions to clubs?
i think in fm10 they should make it wer seasons last longer. not in gameswise. but in times wise. ther should be more day to day things to do each day each week to make the season longer. as im sure many people can do a season rather quick wen putting mind to it. day to day things should include things like a quick training plan. wer u can set wat u want differant player or possitions to focus on certain aspects of training.
I'd disagree, it takes some people a while to do a season, and personally i wouldn't like more stuff to do.
well ok forget the season time one. but i would like more control with training. training on all fm games as far as i can remember has always been pretty muych the same. all u can do is select a training schedule for a player or rest them. i would like more tbh
I think we're all agreed on the media needing overhauling, however I would like to see the following tweak.
When there is a major international championship (World or European) I'd like to see a media item like this.
"You have been invited by a national TV station to comment on the Group Stage/Second Round/Quarter Final (etc) clash between x and y. Will you accept?
It'd be like scouting a match as you'd have to watch it then say what you thought at the end.
Perhaps along the same lines, if you scout a game, you get interviewed as to why you were there (I was running the rule over future transfer targets/opposition/just out for a game)
There are so many things i would like to see :P
- More influence and an expansion with team talks and maybe ingame shouting during the game.
- Shouting tactical hints to your players in the match or motivate them. Now players get nervous or complacent and we as managers just sit there en be pretty
- For the true realists an option to turn off the player and staff search option so the only way to get players and staff is the hard way
- A way to pay exact amounts and not only 25k or 50k but for LLM every penny counts.
- That you can tell a young player he is bought for the future. Now they get cranky after half a season, dont want to go on loan and the board describes him as a terrible buy
- Make it known to your own board you wont extend your contract. Now they just keep offering you a new contract. even when you decided to join another one :P
- More options in player communication like 'Start performing or ill drop you' 'Get your act together'
- More training options. Now you get a report once a month. I want more details about the training. Who made progress and who was picking the daisies on the pitch. Give us more to work with.
- Team talks for subs
- A way to tell possible new signings what your intentions are. For examble 'We want to build a team around you the next few years' That way Robinho signed for City