Closed Thread
Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 75 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,500 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Amateur

I love the confidence idea - but it needs a bit of tweaking and i think more interaction. For instance it would be nice to have a sort of meeting with the board and to ave comments on my performance etc.

Also i would like more transfer interaction. Some times i feel like i have pulled off a massive deal, and all i get is "fans excited" etc. Which wouldn't be the same as perhaps having some questions about the signing or perhaps more reaction in general.

I think it would be interesting to add a welcome messege at the very first day you take a team, with some information about the league you're going to play or about the club.

Something like last winners, traditional favourite clubs, the way the squads like to play traditionally in the country (More defensively in Italy, and more attacking in Brazil for example). Record managers or famous players.

Or something like information about the way B teams or Reserve teams are managed in that places (In Spain or Italy B teams or "primavera" squads are more like youth squads, while in England they're a reserve team where are mixed unfit senior players with youngsters).

I'm thinking about bringing information in the game already like records, rules, favourite players in front of the action in the beginning of the competitions or whenever in news or media messeges, to give more interaction and realism to game.

Amateur

Well the game is called Football MANAGER, whilst its nice to have total control it does kind of leave the aim of the game being able to do a billion things such as input into Stadium expansion.

But IDK, I would like to have input into things like affiliates, BUT that said, having feeder clubs of that class would make the game too easy.

Perhaps once you reach a certain level in the game you can become a Chairman/Manager, Invest your own wages into the club. Because the current salary is useless, so why not make it accrue in your managerial bank account.

This would make negotiations over a new manager contract/bonuses etc more interesting as the goal would be not just to win things but to earn as much cash as possible.

A small feature I would like to see added is an extra option in the filter menu in the squad/tactics screen to hide players that are not needed by club. This is much more useful in countries where you only have a first team and a youth team.

In the game I have been playing recently I put all my players who are not needed in the U19s as they get in the way when I am picking my team but I am finding my assistant manager keeps offering them new contracts. I do have the option selected for my ass man to offer contracts to the U19s but I would have hoped that he wouldn't offer them to players marked as not needed.

So basically I am stuck with the choice of leaving them in the 1st team which makes managing the players a bit un managable or risking them getting new contracts in the U19s. I don't want to de-select the option for my ass man to offer contracts to the U19s as it is easier than analysing all the youngsters myself.

Banned

I'd also like my players to grow a pair when they sulk.

'Unhappy at being substituted'

STFU, and grow a pair, you fag.

Amateur

We can have the ass man,coaches and physios popping up a monthly report of each first team player.It would include,fitness levels,taining performances,behaviour,should be playing or not and development as a footballer.

Amateur

You can send scouts to watch leagues around the world. But I would like to be able to send them to scout the Under 18 and reserve leagues as there mat be some real bargains ready to be found.

Amateur

I'd like the entire transfer system to be re-done.

I'd like to be able to sign players for realistic transfer fees.

I'd also like to be able to sell my players.

That'd be swell.

Third Team
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/

1) the opportunity of having foreign feeder clubs from lower divisions than top division to be feeder club for non-top flight teams (eg. belgian second/third tier club as feeder for english champinship/league 1 side)
    2) the opportunity to upgrade feeder teams stadium/training facilities/youth facilities.
    3) the opportunity to be player/manager at a lower league club and be able to pick your position (max. of 3)
    http://footydiary.wordpress.com/

Amateur

Can we see the

past fans player of the year
    Top ten all time goal scorers
    Top ten all time(league) scorers

Top ten all time(league)appearances
    Top ten all time appearances

Past managers etc in the history section

Amateur

I would like :

1- More media comments before the game (As it is frustrating to say the same things like xxx will be up for this game and we will have to match them etc..) More options are definetely necessary.

2- I dont want to comment about an ex player that left my team 5 years ago before each game,each season.

3-I dont want to make a comment every week about the transfer status of a player that is in my shortlist.( If there is truth in the rumors to buy him)

4-When you go on a holiday and you choose Apply for JOBS, i dont want the game to apply for the same jobs even you reject for 50 times already.Its quite boring.

5-Definetely more options on improving the stadium, some visuals on the stadium should be great.

6-More financial opportinities to make money.

7-More details and variety in scout reports.

Amateur

There is only one major issue I have with FM08 which has me cursing at my monitor evry single game. Please SI I beg you to implement some kind of "Advantage" rule into the game engine. Countless times I have been fouled but still managed to break away from the infraction with nothing left but my player about to go one-on-one with the goalie, or my extremely skillfull winger leaving some wingback who over commited in the dust and is in the process of a clean breakaway when the freakin assonine ref stops the proceedings for a foul when in real life the clear advantage would have been given.

Also, if possible please tweak the offside call where players who have nothing to do with the play are being flagged when they aren't even near the ball (in real life isn't a player called for offside only if he touches the ball or interferes with the goalie)

I know FM08 isn't Pro Evo/Winning Eleven but these changes would bring so much more realism to an already exceptional game/sim.

Amateur

I'd like to see two things:

1) Relegated clubs more prepared to sell off their best players and those players being more willing to leave their relegated club

2) A halt to the lunacy whereby players who pick up a knock complain when they're substituted. The other day Flavio, one of my striker,s was injured early in the game and his condition immediately fell from 90 percent to 65 percent. So I took him off and the commentary said "Flavio doesn't look happy about that". He was crocked. What else was I supposed to do?

Amateur

But how about having a table just showing the position which all the clubs are predicted to finish according to the bookies.Also it should change until the transfer window ends.

What do you think

Amateur

Testamonials should definitly be in the game as so many have said. I'd like to see it where you can select a squad of retired players, or players that have left the club, as well as current squad players.

Eg. West Ham could have a testamonial for a player and the manager gets the likes of Di Canio, Rio Ferdinand, Tony Cottee etc... back to maybe play 45 mins.

Also, why aren't matches ever postponed due to the weather, especially in lower league games?? If SI are talking about realism then this definitly has to featue in FM2009.

Amateur

1)Managers to have their own style in the tranfer market like arsne wenger buys youngsters etc...

2)SI to look atleast watch preimer league players instead of just making guesses about their stats i.e ronaldo flair 14 finishing 15 bendter finishing 18 composure 18 as u can tell hes cleary world class IRL allready.... the list goes on

3)a revamp of DMF and sweepers i do need an answer on this from si do u no what a a deffensive midfielders job is B) a sweepers job is cause they are crap thers no point having them on 08. they just stay in the position u put them in. sweepers dont cover the back 4 on FM08 its just another way to fit in more centre backs and deffensive midfielders are ment to cover the midfield

Amateur

Right now in the transfer suggestion screen,you can only change and withdraw offers.

But a transfer centre should include 3 sections

1.Scouting and player search-All the scout reports and the player search tab should be in here.

2.Own club players-This section is where we can right click on any players tab,and put him on the transfer list

3.Make/accept bid-as same as the current transfer centr

Amateur

Technical Gameplay:
    1. Finding a team yourself to offer to the board as a feeder club.
    2. Ability to scout a whole team at the press of a button i.e. a button next to 'Manager Interaction' of another club for example. Assigns your scout to watch say 10 games and look at reserves (obviously particularly useful when managing a small club, to scout the reserves of say a Premiership side for good loan signings, but also when searching for the next Pato / Robinho from some Brazilian team for example)
    3. More attributes for the player's stats: "team talk style - passionate, non-committal, tends to blast players etc"
    4. Ability to search / scout for a squad player or backup. i.e. specifically someone who would not mind playing 2nd fiddle to the main goalkeeper / left back (Wayne Bridge being a perfect example)
    5. Removal of "XXX faces former manager" EVERY time you play his new club.
    6. Surely having to pick a squad for the World Club Cup, it is in Japan afterall, can't just call up a replacement...
    7. Making the Assistant's team-talk feedback page easier to navigate to after a game, perhaps put it in the Fan's reaction News item after the game?
    8. More realistic movement of Managers (Arsene Wenger's never going to be Man Utd manager!?)
    9. Staff / Players having "disliked clubs" and "disliked personnel" meaning they'll never go to a particular club. At present it's only the "fans" that seem to have any kind of "say so" in this: "AC Milan fans worried about potential signing".

Regular Gameplay:
    1. Halftime in Extra-time team talks, yes yes, THEORETICALLY they're supposed to just swap ends, but when does that EVER happen?
    2. More "passionate" options for team talks: "let's get out there and really do them in this half!", "what was that? pathetic!!" etc.

Technical Issues:
    1. When running the game in non-fullscreen, not requiring the attributes screen to have scrollbars to see all the attributes of a player.

Amateur

Am I correct in saying that SI have already finalised the feature list for FM09? Therefore, this wishlist is only going to be applicable for the FM10 version of the game?

Amateur

dunno, seems like an awful quick decision making process if they have...

obviously i've no idea how long it takes to compile all the various ideas from users /testers etc and implement the various changes though..

World Cup Winner

This was from a few days ago:

Originally posted by Ter:
    We read the forums a lot and especially so when it's coming up to the time where we decide what is going to be in the next version of the game.

For example, ideas mentioned now are not going to make it into the next version of the game (unless it's already going in) as all that stuff was already decided a while ago so it may appear that suggestions aren't taken on board as they wouldn't be in the game for a couple of versions.

Part-Timer

I'm sorry for the people who say a new feature could be 'sponsors'. I don't see it as a new feautre at all, its got nothing to do with football...only marketing purposes in real life, all we need to know some kind of sponsor exists like it does not and that the club gets paid for it, nothing else, thats just my opinion.

Amateur

I would love to be able to make how ever many
    line-ups as you want. Say, in the carling cup, you want to field a young side, instead of changing it completely, you can select a heading that you earlier made called "reserve team" or something. just so you dont have to keep changing the line-up.

what do you think???

Amateur

Originally posted by england2110:
    line-ups as you want. Say, in the carling cup, you want to field a young side, instead of changing it completely, you can select a heading that you earlier made called "reserve team" or something. just so you dont have to keep changing the line-up.

what do you think???
    already in fm08 mate...

go to the tactics screen and go to 'edit selections' bottom left, you can then save your selection as 'league cup youngstars' or whatever tickles your fancy and then select that lineup whenever you like but going to 'team selections' and choosing the appropriate one...

Part-Timer

Originally posted by alexweapon:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by england2110:

what do you think???
    already in fm08 mate...

go to the tactics screen and go to 'edit selections' bottom left, you can then save your selection as 'league cup youngstars' or whatever tickles your fancy and then select that lineup whenever you like but going to 'team selections' and choosing the appropriate one... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This gives me an idea...I don't know why this isn't in FM 2008, 'A' and 'B' team for your first team so you can see who is in your B team so that way you can see who can replace a player in 'A' team if someone gets injured, under 18 team is not useful because they are no where near as good to your first team.

Amateur

I think a great addition would be a record of u18 and reserve games. For example after season x i can't go and look back at the stats for season x for particular players. Also if a player wins a reserve league title of u18 cup i hink it should appear in their records. Also like myself if you manage your reserves and u18's i think in the manager history there should be a separate section for reserve and u18 games managed and goals scored etc. Also in the your achievements any reserve or u18 titles or cups you've won.

It would be a great addition as you can look at players previous reserve seasons and see the improvement or not.

Amateur

I would like to be able to recall players from loan once I take over the team. I have a bunch of players at loan at Inter and if I would be able to recall them, I would be able to sell players that I do not need for some 10-15 million and buy a great player insted of having bunch of players on loan that I am never going to need anyway.

Its nothing big, but will give players option that I am sure many of them would welcome.

Amateur

Originally posted by DoctorSt:
    I would like to be able to recall players from loan once I take over the team. I have a bunch of players at loan at Inter and if I would be able to recall them, I would be able to sell players that I do not need for some 10-15 million and buy a great player insted of having bunch of players on loan that I am never going to need anyway.

Its nothing big, but will give players option that I am sure many of them would welcome.
    the players that have gone on loan though may not have a 'can be recalled' clause in their loan deal, meaning you can't recall them, just because you've suddenly arrived at the club...

Amateur

because i can't edit my own post for some reason...

Regular Gameplay:
    1. When you've already qualified for something (say from group stages of Champs League) playing your reserve team, then if you get beat explaining that you played the reserves because you didn't want to risk the stars. They do it in real life (and get slated for it) but still, when you've already qualified for something and then lose the final game that doesn't matter and it comes up on your board confidence at the end of the month as being "unhappy with the loss to XXX" it's annoying.

Amateur

Why not scrap news and have 2 new things

One is FM.Com-which will be like a in-game ticker/website,which will keep the days news,and will open,whenever processing stops.

The other is a FM-Zine type of thing,which will contain stat of the league,and a expert column(tipping the match winners,scorers,who will go up/down,win the title etc.)which will change throughout the season

Amateur

Player Interaction for 2nd Nationaltiy

Say Joe Bloggs leaves an English club to play in Spain for 5 years.. hes now got the chance to gain Spainish nationality.. would be good if you are the international manager for Spain, you could approach him to play for Spain

Youth Team

Given the number of people who post on here and in the bugs forum about problems that arise due to their anti-virus interfering with the temporary files FM creates, I suggest you put a pop up warning that appears just before a player starts a game suggesting that they disable their anti-virus software when playing FM.

Not sure about the legal issues with doing this but it would be a lot more useful for people to find this out before rather than after the damage is done.

Part-Timer

I've got another idea for realism.

I play as Man Utd all the time, lets say i'm playing Chelsea in my next match, the media say I am slight favorites since i'm playing at home.
    Now...lets say I play a very weak side because 6 of my 1st team are injured and I lose 0-3, I should not get stick for it...especially from the fans or the board or anyone...they should see that I fielded a weak side, this should be in the next FM.

Btw...can we have the guys at SI reply to peoples ideas from time to time in this thread, it would be great so we know our ideas are being read, thanks.

Amateur

a nice little feature for transfers would be that you can give people tours of the ground and training facilities, making them want to come to you, dont get me wrong for some players you wouldn't need to do this as they do want to play for you,but for players that aint to sure it could make there mind up if they got a good impression from the club as a whole.
    what you guys think?

Amateur

Youth camps! definitely!! good suggestion!

More varied team talks, especially at HT. 'Dont come back if you play like that again' ha.

The manager overview! I would love for that to be adapted to all teams! You can see individually who is there top scorer, they'r future matches etc, why not on a overview like that?? I want to be able to see all that in one page like we can for our team.

Third Team

Originally posted by PhilJay:
    The manager overview! I would love for that to be adapted to all teams! You can see individually who is there top scorer, they'r future matches etc, why not on a overview like that?? I want to be able to see all that in one page like we can for our team.
    You can already do this, have a look about the other teams managers section, I can't remember how to do it off the top of my head, but you definately can because I accidentaly set my homepage to my rivals overview.

Amateur

You should have some record of how much money is being made through club shop/food bars in stadium/people renting out function suits is stadium/half time raffle tickets (if club has such a thing)

obviously all this would go under one heading however

also, occassionally a message saying something along the lines of "player x has requested a day off training to do an advert for company y" and depending on form etc you can decided wether or not he's allowed to go, not letting him can have negative effecty on morale and opposite for letting him go

As an extention of this, having players go to signings in club shops, doing work in school against racism/sectarianism etc

Amateur

starting off as a under 18's, 19's, 21's or reserve manager. getting your rep as reserve manager for cheslsea

Amateur

Originally posted by Nomis07:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilJay:
    You can already do this, have a look about the other teams managers section, I can't remember how to do it off the top of my head, but you definately can because I accidentaly set my homepage to my rivals overview. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes. Duh, ive seen that too :/ Wish it was easier to access!!

Semi Pro

Season XI and all time XI should be accurate.

Also, more stats of any kind would go down well.

Additionally your board should reconsider your transfer war chest at the start of every window, both increasing/decreasing as appropriate

Amateur

In the transfer history place,how about sorting out players by division,eg who i signed in the premiership,CCC

Semi Pro

Something that just occured to me which needs a small but necessary change is to do with the scouting.

Overall I think the scouting tool is fine but there are just a few points I feel need addressing.

1. When I have two scouts scouting the same nation why do they not work together to not follow the same players? I'm getting sick to the teeth of cancelling scout reports on players I have already dismissed as not good enough.

2. Following on from above I would like the game to not allow scouts to check out a player they have compiled a scout report on a short while ago. There's no reason why they may not go back to look at that player six months or a year later, but not next week. Currently I am sure they do as I have had occurances of having a player scouted that I have just brushed off as not needed.

3. Whilst searching for this I found someone talking briefly about scouting directors; a staff member who would be in charge of organising your scouting regime. This would be a marvelous idea. If your club is not big enough then why not have just a chief scout. Currently we have just scouts, surely one would be more important.

Thanks.

Part-timer

Reggae Boyz said:

As Konami hold the license for the rights of the J-League, I was wandering if it is possible that this could still be implemented into the next version of Football Manager using completely fake player, club, stadium names, etc.

Amateur

not sure if this has been said here before but i mentioned it a few FMs back. i think they should have a single friendly game kinda thing on the main screen.

like the play now sort of thing on fifa where you can pick 2 teams to play each other in a single game without having to play them in a season. this way you can look at the team and how they play before deciding if you want to manage them. players wouldnt have injuries or be unfit so you could see them play. you could have 2 human controlled teams so you could play against a mate or something.

of course this could be adapted or changed or used with another idea but i think it would be a good feature in the new FM.

Amateur

Originally posted by g-baby:
    starting off as a under 18's, 19's, 21's or reserve manager. getting your rep as reserve manager for cheslsea
    similar to this, when managing a club team, i would like the occasional offer to manage that country's (or my own country's) national under 21's side, or under 19's, or whatever

just it's a lot more realistic than managing both senior teams

Semi Pro

i think the game need to have better graphics. better sounds. and the options that are there work with out failure.

Amateur

Originally posted by Archy-91:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by g-baby:
    similar to this, when managing a club team, i would like the occasional offer to manage that country's (or my own country's) national under 21's side, or under 19's, or whatever

just it's a lot more realistic than managing both senior teams </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i got that in FM06 i think it was i started unemployed and after a spell with arbroath i was offered the Scotland U19s job.

Lost in the semi-final of the Euro's to Spain because of the penalty bug - was absolutly raging

Amateur

A simple little addition i would like to see.

We have Most League Apps/Goals in Club Records.
    Why not an overall also for all comps.

Most Apps All-Time All Comps
    Most Apps All-Time League
    Most Goals All-Time All Comps
    Most Goals All-Time League

Amateur

I would like to be able to create a competition like a European Superleague.

At the moment you can do edit the leagues but it's ridiculously hard. I'd like to be able to simply create a competition, like I can create a club or person, and then choose the rules for it (no more than 3 non-EU players etc.), decide the number of teams in it and set up cup competitions.

Not sure how hard to implement the feature it will be but thought it would be a good idea.

Amateur

I would LOVE to see Visual effects of stadium expansion, therefore you would actually see the difference.
    I would also like it to made easy to sell players as usually they lack interest when offered to clubs even if they are a fantastic player.

Amateur

I like to start unemployed, but i hate having to continue through a season (or two) before being hired. It would be great if there's an increasing percentage of being hired when there's a termination. You shouldn't have to wait past December to get hired at the lowest level you have in the game.

Amateur

i'd like to be able to offer a player to a particular club, as well/in addition to 'offer to clubs'

Amateur

I would like to see:

A complete revamp of the skin programing. Its so boring. Look at how EA have their Skin set out. Slick, Clean, Stylish, Interacts perfectaly with the whole game in general. All they have to do is take a note out of where EA are going and do better or bye bye FM Franchise. People will only put up with the same 'drab' for a certain amount of time.

Upgrade the pitch. Not to a 3D Engine like Fifa Manager 2008 but add things like a Stadium around the outsides of the pitch that show fans moving and make it customisable so graphics modders can change the images displayed to either fans viewable or a stadium roof surrounding the players on the pitch. Afterall it is an ariel view. Also add different grass styles!

Better Teamtalks with more choices in what to say. A list of 10 different things to say for angry, encourage and pleased is not good enough. It should be 5 different team sayings for each mood and if you pick the right one it shows if morale is up or down. Same for individual talks. They need to show how the team morale is. Also, being able to select more than just one teamtalk. Example: Your team are down 2-0 at home, you are angry with the players [morale -4 points] but you encourage them to do better after the bollocking they get [morale +5] then before they go back out you say "we can get a result here" [morale +2]. Overall a great teamtalk.

Less bugs that takes the enjoyment out of the game.

More FA comments. Instead of 'xxx Manager has been warned' or 'The FA remain silent' comments all the time. BORING.

[B]Referee Comments{/B]. Where the refs can comment on why they made the bad decision or how they managed to ref a game so well or praised for the way they let the game run without stop starts.

Managers praising/critising referees performance's more often and having less effect on your team . If you praise a ref your team say you are a trouble maker. You always mostly have to say 'I didnt see the incident'. BORING.

Show manager levels that you are up against. Like you are a new manager [Level 1] at Manchester City and you are playing Bolton who have a manager [Level 7] you know you will be upagainst it and everyone will be watching to see if you are a tactical genius.

More Media Interaction. Use a system 'like' Fifa Manager 2008 for this but i am sure SI can prevail and come up with something better.

Revamp the contract system. Add more clauses, player promisies, future promises ect.

Add player promises that Fifa Manager 2008 has included so well.

More player interaction. This needs to happen. SI have to include more things to say to a player when he is injured. Also comments to say to transfer listed players such as 'Train alot harder and you might just get that second chance'. Thus creating a new system that shows players faith in a manager and a loyalty bar that will increase if they are happy or decrease if they are constantly overlooked or slated.

High level of Media Coverage at the beginning of the season where you are taken to a 'press conference' screen that SI will add as an exclusive 'NEW feature'. Here you will have to answer lots of questions [the bigger the team the more media you get] and you will get a certain amount of seconds to select an answer that will please the media/fans/players or make them mad before you have even started.

Opposition players commenting on other players before/after matches. Players taking the mikey or praising players.

Example:

Celtic vs Barcelona, celtic star Aidean McGeady is excited he will be facing Lionel Messi when the teams meet. Aidean has made it clear that he has always looked up to Messi becuase of his huge success in his career. Aidean has even commented that despite being a huge admirer of the Barcelona team he still hopes his Celtic teammates can prevail and knock Barcelona out of the Champions League.

Lionel Messi thanks Aidean McGeady for his recent comment to the bbcsport press representatives and says that if Aidean keeps playing the way he is then one day he could become a 'world-class player' [Aideans morale +3]. Lionel has also hit-back and said he doesnt think Celtic will be able to get past the 'might' and 'wealth' of the Barcelona team.

More options for the team tactics screen. Instead of just having arrows to say where you want a player to run to give the option to also add arrows where you want them to reach before attempting crosses or before they have a shot at goal. Also, why not give two options of where your players can run. A winger at ML can run to AML but once they get to the AML position you can tell them to cut inside when possible to to keep going down the wings.

Managers Personal Page. This will be similar to Fifa Managers 2008. This is where you can save money, start a family [not as important], goto a casino with players/chairman to build up relationships, use some of your own career earnings to buy players or invest in the team by making donations.

Club Support Feature. Smaller clubs on the brink of bankruptcy can apply for someone to buy them or to bigger clubs for help. Via a friendlys gate reciept donation or loan a few players for free in wages letting the poor club sell expensive players on.

Real fixtures. Should already be in the game in my honest opinion. I hate playing in the Champions League but unable to replicate real-life club ambitions. Giving the option to have random or real fixtures.

Chairman/Staff Accidents. Where staff can have accidents and be off work or even die [rare] due to natural causes or other means. Bit extreme but it can happen to anyone, look at the Gretna Situation.

Interactive Sitv menu/interface. Never mind the little boxes we have that indicates the game is continuing is getting old. Build a new interface that is interactive. Where you can take polls, comment on results, release a press comment, look at other managers statements. Even try to implement a scene like sky sports new having someone behind a desk while the news screens change and the bar at the bottom moves!

More club/player content. Like specific club/player chants. A hall of fame for you that you can fill as your career progress. You can put your star players you think merits a place in it here. Fans/Media will of course react to it.

Options to schedule events. Such as pre-season training camps, opening days, player meetings and staff/player nightouts.

Just a 'Small' amount of things i want to see.

SI PLEASE FORWARD THIS LIST AS IT IS A MUST TO TAKE THE GAME FORWARD.

Amateur

Would it kill you guys to google the lower non-professional clubs and use the actual players names. I have a mate who plays for Parkgate and would have gotten a real kick out of seeing him in the game. Not many teams that appear in the game don't have a website of some sort, usually replete with pictures.

Plus, I guarantee you that every player you list in the game will go out and buy it. It's got to be worth just that little bit of effort. The stats aren't important at that level.

Banned

more setting options to player's position on the field not just static, because in some cases you need to move player just a bit forward or left etc.
    also would be nice to see effect of player settings (pass range, closing down) on the tactic field

Amateur

Stop the freaking chairman from selling players over world class managers' heads when they have tens of millions in the bank, and I'll be satisfied.

Banned

would be nice to develop player's preferred moves in other ways not only by tutoring, for an example by personal team settings or training

Semi Pro

Originally posted by ScottMcUK:
    Would it kill you guys to google the lower non-professional clubs and use the actual players names. I have a mate who plays for Parkgate and would have gotten a real kick out of seeing him in the game. Not many teams that appear in the game don't have a website of some sort, usually replete with pictures.

Plus, I guarantee you that every player you list in the game will go out and buy it. It's got to be worth just that little bit of effort. The stats aren't important at that level.

It would be nice, yes, but can you imagine just how much work that is for SI?

Let's just take the area I live in for starters; Dorset. I tried, before I started a past save, to add a full list of players for teams in the Wessex league. There are a quite a few teams local to me that I wanted to represent better. I used the editor for this and it took me ages, at least a couple of hours. This wasn't even all the Wessex Premier teams but just Wimborne, Bournemouth Poppies and Poole Town.

It's not just adding player names, but DoBs, home towns and CA/PA. It's all great having player names but I don't feel there is a point unless they have an ability and details. It is CA that produces stats so I'm guessing a CA is important.

So that's just a few teams. There are countless lower leagues that are included in the game. The whole of the Wessex league is 24 teams and there must be a good 20 other leagues of similar level.

It would be nice but it would be hours and hours of work.

One thing I would like to see is teams of this level keep a squad of players, ie buy and sell. They currently don't; they just sell what they have in 2007 and they are replaced with greys. If they don't buy and sell too much I would at least like to see them produce regens; I am sure they did in past FMs.

I would like nothing more, as Bournemouth manager, to be able to scour the Wessex league and find a stunning new player to try and turn into a great prospect. I think that would be an excellent side of the game.

Of course in the future I hope that SI can find some way that promotion and relegation through the pyramid can be represented in ways other than reputation. That would make it possible for teams like Wimborne to have a future and try and progress to playable leagues. To see teams like that in the FA Cup/Trophy would be fun too.

There's a whole field of promise to do with the lower teams that are included on the database. Currently they are very much under-utilised and are just for show.

My ultimate desire, of course, is to be able to manage Wimborne Town/Poole Town etc in the Wessex Premier. That's a hell of a lot of work for SI though.

Your best bet for now, ScottMcUK, is to add a few players yourself. Unfortunately, due to the way the game works at present, their club will probably pack them off on a free transfer in favour on non-usable regens anyway.

Amateur
    Almost Glasgow, but not quite there (12miles)

Originally posted by n0va:
    I would like to see:

A complete revamp of the skin programing. Its so boring. Look at how EA have their Skin set out. Slick, Clean, Stylish, Interacts perfectaly with the whole game in general. All they have to do is take a note out of where EA are going and do better or bye bye FM Franchise. People will only put up with the same 'drab' for a certain amount of time.

Upgrade the pitch. Not to a 3D Engine like Fifa Manager 2008 but add things like a Stadium around the outsides of the pitch that show fans moving and make it customisable so graphics modders can change the images displayed to either fans viewable or a stadium roof surrounding the players on the pitch. Afterall it is an ariel view. Also add different grass styles!

Better Teamtalks with more choices in what to say. A list of 10 different things to say for angry, encourage and pleased is not good enough. It should be 5 different team sayings for each mood and if you pick the right one it shows if morale is up or down. Same for individual talks. They need to show how the team morale is. Also, being able to select more than just one teamtalk. Example: Your team are down 2-0 at home, you are angry with the players [morale -4 points] but you encourage them to do better after the bollocking they get [morale +5] then before they go back out you say "we can get a result here" [morale +2]. Overall a great teamtalk.

Less bugs that takes the enjoyment out of the game.

More FA comments. Instead of 'xxx Manager has been warned' or 'The FA remain silent' comments all the time. BORING.

[B]Referee Comments{/B]. Where the refs can comment on why they made the bad decision or how they managed to ref a game so well or praised for the way they let the game run without stop starts.

Managers praising/critising referees performance's more often and having less effect on your team . If you praise a ref your team say you are a trouble maker. You always mostly have to say 'I didnt see the incident'. BORING.

Show manager levels that you are up against. Like you are a new manager [Level 1] at Manchester City and you are playing Bolton who have a manager [Level 7] you know you will be upagainst it and everyone will be watching to see if you are a tactical genius.

More Media Interaction. Use a system 'like' Fifa Manager 2008 for this but i am sure SI can prevail and come up with something better.

Revamp the contract system. Add more clauses, player promisies, future promises ect.

Add player promises that Fifa Manager 2008 has included so well.

More player interaction. This needs to happen. SI have to include more things to say to a player when he is injured. Also comments to say to transfer listed players such as 'Train alot harder and you might just get that second chance'. Thus creating a new system that shows players faith in a manager and a loyalty bar that will increase if they are happy or decrease if they are constantly overlooked or slated.

High level of Media Coverage at the beginning of the season where you are taken to a 'press conference' screen that SI will add as an exclusive 'NEW feature'. Here you will have to answer lots of questions [the bigger the team the more media you get] and you will get a certain amount of seconds to select an answer that will please the media/fans/players or make them mad before you have even started.

Opposition players commenting on other players before/after matches. Players taking the mikey or praising players.

Example:

Celtic vs Barcelona, celtic star Aidean McGeady is excited he will be facing Lionel Messi when the teams meet. Aidean has made it clear that he has always looked up to Messi becuase of his huge success in his career. Aidean has even commented that despite being a huge admirer of the Barcelona team he still hopes his Celtic teammates can prevail and knock Barcelona out of the Champions League.

Lionel Messi thanks Aidean McGeady for his recent comment to the bbcsport press representatives and says that if Aidean keeps playing the way he is then one day he could become a 'world-class player' [Aideans morale +3]. Lionel has also hit-back and said he doesnt think Celtic will be able to get past the 'might' and 'wealth' of the Barcelona team.

More options for the team tactics screen. Instead of just having arrows to say where you want a player to run to give the option to also add arrows where you want them to reach before attempting crosses or before they have a shot at goal. Also, why not give two options of where your players can run. A winger at ML can run to AML but once they get to the AML position you can tell them to cut inside when possible to to keep going down the wings.

Managers Personal Page. This will be similar to Fifa Managers 2008. This is where you can save money, start a family [not as important], goto a casino with players/chairman to build up relationships, use some of your own career earnings to buy players or invest in the team by making donations.

Club Support Feature. Smaller clubs on the brink of bankruptcy can apply for someone to buy them or to bigger clubs for help. Via a friendlys gate reciept donation or loan a few players for free in wages letting the poor club sell expensive players on.

Real fixtures. Should already be in the game in my honest opinion. I hate playing in the Champions League but unable to replicate real-life club ambitions. Giving the option to have random or real fixtures.

Chairman/Staff Accidents. Where staff can have accidents and be off work or even die [rare] due to natural causes or other means. Bit extreme but it can happen to anyone, look at the Gretna Situation.

Interactive Sitv menu/interface. Never mind the little boxes we have that indicates the game is continuing is getting old. Build a new interface that is interactive. Where you can take polls, comment on results, release a press comment, look at other managers statements. Even try to implement a scene like sky sports new having someone behind a desk while the news screens change and the bar at the bottom moves!

More club/player content. Like specific club/player chants. A hall of fame for you that you can fill as your career progress. You can put your star players you think merits a place in it here. Fans/Media will of course react to it.

Options to schedule events. Such as pre-season training camps, opening days, player meetings and staff/player nightouts.

Just a 'Small' amount of things i want to see.

SI PLEASE FORWARD THIS LIST AS IT IS A MUST TO TAKE THE GAME FORWARD.
    Started off on the right note there mate but by the end of your post i began thinking 'Why don't you just play Fifa Manager then?'.

Especially the [morale +3], having a family and making relationships with your chairman by going to the casino. Fifa Manager has some good features, don't get me wrong, but these ones in my opinion are just ludicrous. They simply stem from EA taking too much influence from developing The Sims.

Amateur

I said the family bit was not important.

The reason i dont go and play fifa manager is because i hate the match engine. Also the skipping via teletext sucks. The other things that i hate about it is fake manager names and the lack of stadiums. It has alot of nice aspects that if implemented better into FM the game would be incredible!

At least dont implement the family ect but add some nice touches like buying a car or a house and suits ect.

Whats the point in getting career earning but cant do nohing with em?

Originally posted by n0va:
    I said the family bit was not important.

The reason i dont go and play fifa manager is because i hate the match engine. Also the skipping via teletext sucks. The other things that i hate about it is fake manager names and the lack of stadiums. It has alot of nice aspects that if implemented better into FM the game would be incredible!

At least dont implement the family ect but add some nice touches like buying a car or a house and suits ect.

career earnings are totally cosmetic, they are rather an indication of success though

Amateur

As StanPetrov said, it's FOOTBALL manager not SIMS.

Amateur

ditch the "installanywhere" installation software

Amateur

yeah.. the transfer fees going on in the game are ridiclous. Should be a little more releastic.

could we have long-sleeves in bad or cold weather please? just a minor touch. u know how the ball changes colour in bad weather well would be nice to have the different shirt sleeves

Amateur

I'd like to see:

More variations on media and player comments

There should be 100s of different comments instead of just recirculating the same one or two. BORING

Instead of 2D Icons in match...

Like in FIFA you can have a overhead view where you can see the head and shoulders of the players. In FM09 this should happen on a smaller scale though. You could see the shirts blowing in the wind on a match day.

Map of clubs and grounds

A map of all the clubs in the country where you select your team from at the start of the game. You should be able to zoom in on your team to see the local area with training ground and ground etc..

Also the map should show where sites are for new grounds to be built.

3D ground

Like in TCM04 you should get the ground in 3D so you can easily see where to expand from.

Change kits and badge with an in-game editor

Like in TCM be able to select what areas you want to be in control of

As some people don't want all this TCM/FIFA manager stuff in be able to select what areas you want to be in control of.

Manager Bonuses

eg if you play as Manchester United and win 8 trophies in 5 years you should get extra bonuses like being able to form your own club.

Skin

Just a thought it could get dirtier as you get into winter as the pitches do. Or just make the pitches do this more.

Make every league different to play in

Use a different colour skin for each league and make the play different.

Training

Make this actually make a difference - I want to be able to make players train in isolation sometimes or even take a really crap player and train him in isolation with shooting so he gets 17 finishing he will then have crap morale but quality shooting. Also when players get to 24 they cant improve. I want to do the above with players of any age.

Fans

A special fans page with local supporter groups, fanzines, arrests, banned fans etc. Also more ways to interact with them - weekly fans questions?

Few others

-Able to employ physciatrists (spelling)
    -In Premier league sort out the fixture problem like when i was managing United I had Arsenal H Spurs A Chelsea A City H
    -More motivational techniques - hire pre match strippers!!
    -Rent out stadiums for concerts
    -Weekly meetings with asst manager about training. Who did well - who didnt - who should be given a 1st team chance.
    -Be able to set a weekly plan of training like in TCM04.
    -When a player has to go to a specialist shouldn't this cost money as you are given the choice of specialist or physio and specailist takes half the time and is free.....
    -Mid season training camps abroad
    -Closed door friendlys
    -no more blanked out faces
    -When results go bad its too easy to give up as many people I know have done. The game should have more of a pull.

Youth Team

what do people do lately, go play Fifa manager and the comeback and want SI to put all the gimicky bits in?

Amateur

If it's somewhere in here, then sorry, but I don't have all night to look for it (that's what she said ). Well, I was thinking about penalty shootouts. I'd like to see team talks before them, after all a manager has time to talk to his players before penalty shootout. I don't mean 'wish them luck' or 'I have faith', but rather I'd expect players to tell you how they feel you about taking a penalty and based on that and their abilities, pm, etc. you could tell them for example to shoot it with power or to try a placed shoot, to take a safe choice rather than C. Ronaldo vs. Barcelona last Wednesday Again, if it's here and I haven't found it, sorry (that's what she said ).

Amateur

My suggestions....

End of Season Report – Add Chairman comments and Manager has to reply – i.e. Chairman thinks you’ve had a disappointing season, Manager replies with what he thinks.

Special Player request – Manager can request the Board buy/negotiate with a high profile player – i.e. Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Transfers – Ability to be able to combine bids for players from the same team plus add promises for players i.e. Ronaldinho will be signing soon etc

Manager Team Meeting – Currently can ask players to call team meeting but manager cannot interact with team apart from at games

Tactics board - Ability to be able to "Pin up" your preferred formation and first 11. Then add reserves or backup players for each position. Useful for national team squad selection and also when trimming down big squads.

Transfer and Loan back – teams can buy players on the agreement they loan then back for the rest of the season i.e. Walcott to Arsenal.

Manager interview after game? Press conference before? Board Meeting each month including Manager – Questions to answer?

Partnerships - show stats of players when playing together – like the compare option? Could show defence with most clean sheets when playing together, strikers with most goals etc

Amateur

Hello,

I has been a while when i was last time on this beautiful forum and when i was writting my wishes to make this beautiful game more realistic.
    Release date is ˝close˝and i hope that game will be released without those bugs that was spoiling my fun,and my will to even play at least one season.
    This is what i have to say:
    -I hope that all leagues at least 1 and 2 will be updated especially smaller leagues(There are many research teams that are reaserching their native leagues and i cant realise why SI cant listen to those people and make every league that is in the game up to date and realistic)
    -I would love that when you are offering player that you can tipe in amount(value9for how much you would like to sell a player instead clicking(choosing)asking price.
    -When you come to the club you should give wishlist to board in which you will write which players you want to sell or buy and which of non-playing staff do you like to keep/buy.
    -Media coverage should be better because medias are important part of any football world.

I would love that some of SI write reply on this post or this thread because i would like to know if you even read this.
    Is it so hard to write short reply so iwould know that i am not writing this for nothing.

Please!!!!!!!!

Amateur

A Feed Option
    Like the one in Championship manager, i think this is a good extension that ads more depth to the tactics...

Amateur
    Paris FC 2000, about to start our first Ligue 2 campaign!

Be able to get partnerships going with certain players.

"player x feels he works best with y in defense with him"

Either by having them as favoured personnel or having them come up through the Under 18's, Reserves etc etc.

This could also help if you trying to sign a player who has a partnership with one of your current players.

Amateur

I realise it is far too late for this idea to be implemented into FM09 and apologies if it has already been mooted, but how about a seperate short pass and long pass attribute? It is fairly plain that in real life certain players are better than others at each style of passing, most notably long passing, and this would introduce a wealth of possible permutations in terms of how you want your team to play, and tactics in certain situations as regards substitutions. What do you lot think?

Amateur

Just like Football Manager Live

You can put your Manager picture any time you wont

Amateur

Originally posted by 1ronaldo:
    I'd like to see:

More variations on media and player comments

There should be 100s of different comments instead of just recirculating the same one or two. BORING

Like in FIFA you can have a overhead view where you can see the head and shoulders of the players. In FM09 this should happen on a smaller scale though. You could see the shirts blowing in the wind on a match day.

Map of clubs and grounds

A map of all the clubs in the country where you select your team from at the start of the game. You should be able to zoom in on your team to see the local area with training ground and ground etc..

Also the map should show where sites are for new grounds to be built.

3D ground

Like in TCM04 you should get the ground in 3D so you can easily see where to expand from.

Change kits and badge with an in-game editor

Like in TCM be able to select what areas you want to be in control of

As some people don't want all this TCM/FIFA manager stuff in be able to select what areas you want to be in control of.

Manager Bonuses

eg if you play as Manchester United and win 8 trophies in 5 years you should get extra bonuses like being able to form your own club.

Skin

Just a thought it could get dirtier as you get into winter as the pitches do. Or just make the pitches do this more.

Make every league different to play in

Use a different colour skin for each league and make the play different.

Training

Make this actually make a difference - I want to be able to make players train in isolation sometimes or even take a really crap player and train him in isolation with shooting so he gets 17 finishing he will then have crap morale but quality shooting. Also when players get to 24 they cant improve. I want to do the above with players of any age.

Fans

A special fans page with local supporter groups, fanzines, arrests, banned fans etc. Also more ways to interact with them - weekly fans questions?

Few others

-Able to employ physciatrists (spelling)
    -In Premier league sort out the fixture problem like when i was managing United I had Arsenal H Spurs A Chelsea A City H
    -Rent out stadiums for concerts
    -Weekly meetings with asst manager about training. Who did well - who didnt - who should be given a 1st team chance.
    -Be able to set a weekly plan of training like in TCM04.
    -When a player has to go to a specialist shouldn't this cost money as you are given the choice of specialist or physio and specailist takes half the time and is free.....
    -Mid season training camps abroad
    -Closed door friendlys
    -no more blanked out faces
    -When results go bad its too easy to give up as many people I know have done. The game should have more of a pull.

yes yes yes this would be good. please si the match look needs to be improved, not gimmicky or 3d, just better

Amateur
    Virtual Anfield, Soon to be Potter Park!!

Premiership pictures and badges,
    Stadium Editing like in L.M.A. Manager,
    3D match eingine,
    Meeting Agents,
    Realistic stats for Shevenko,
    More Staff roles,
    Less Injuries,
    A Holding Midfielder Role/Function,

Amateur

lukejgpotter - premiership badges arent added due to legal reasons,
    stadium editing is a job for chairman not manager.

I would like to see celebrations at end of match. Players just walk down the tunnel after winning the most important game ever. Unrealistic

Amateur

Another idea for the game might be to make squad numbers more important. Remember when Beckham moved to Real and there was the big thing about the wingers shirt number as it belonged to Raul. PLayers should ask for their favourite numbers and get shirty (excuse the pun) if you don't give it to them.

Amateur

I have a wishlist of new features for FM09:

----- zilch ------

All you should do for FM09 is remove the serious bugs that plague FM08.

These are:
    No fixes in the match engine. No artificially created excitements that produce 11-goal thrillers time and time again.
    Look at the Board expectations. They need to be realistic. (how many times have I abandoned games as I'm getting nowhere? a lot!)
    Give more control over finances. Yes, I know it's a football management game, but the Board judge you on your financial control as well as the playing of matches. This side of the game is half-cocked.

Do this and you will have achieved perfection. There is so much that is good in this game - but it is ruined by bugs and unnecessary / unrealistic fixes (call them special effects if you like).

By the way, I have considerable experience as a programmer / analyst and could help with testing.

Amateur

1. The Director Of Football

ok i know this is not everybody's fav person but his role in the game is just a name and nothing else. he does nothing! i've heard of them doing things in real life like try to buy the players the manager suggests. so i think that his role should become more active in FM09

2. Suggesting your own Feeder Club

rather than have the board pass you a list to choose from, why not be able to choose the club yourself? eg: you fancy Tranmere Rovers cause they have been producing many good youth players so you suggest to the Board that you want Tranmere as your feeder club.

just some thoughts. cheers!

First Team Squad Member

I would like to see celebrations at end of match. Players just walk down the tunnel after winning the most important game ever. Unrealistic
    Definatly. A while ago I lost the FA Cup Final as Newcastle against Arsenal, and even though I was disappointed of course, I couldn't help but laugh at Arsenal, as soon as the Final whistle went the hurried off down the tunnel, as if it was a cold away trip to Iceland.

But saying that there are more important things for SI to think about, team talks the most important for me along with Board Expectations.

In terms of the skin, to be honest I think we are fine with what we have anyway. Yeah, it is a little dull, so maybe change the colors according to what league you are in wouldn't be too hard, but anything too fancy EA Style and we'll will all need incredible computers to complete the same amount of seasons in the normal amount of time. And besides, people will get bored of a new skin after a while anyway.

Amateur

I only have one thing that i think should be in priority to be improved and that the youth systems.
    As it is now it's mostly up to luck. And yeah, i know that reputation and facilities has a part but it's still mostly luck. A much better way to get youths would be that we instead of just getting 5-6 players at the end of the season we'll get a list of 20-30 players where we choose our 5-6 new youngster. Of course we won't be able to see CA/PA but the attributes + coach report would be good enough. Foreign feeders should also add 1-2 players to the list every year from that nation to choose from. Foreign coaches would also give additional players to the list sometimes..
    And to save memory they can leave the AI as it is (with some tweaks) and the players that aren't chosen by the player are just removed.

Youth academys in other countries are one nice thing too that i would really like to see in the game, that would also add more foreign player in the list to choose from every year, maybe 3-5.

So.. Lets say we have 20 players as standard in the list it will give us 20 players to chose from if we have no feeders, no youth camps and only domestic coaches. But then the club gets an foreign feeder (+2), builds an academy (+5) and hires a coach (+1). Now we'll have 28 players to choose from.

Well.. Something like that. SI should focus on youths and talents, that's the most intresting part of the game.

Amateur

yes we need some more options in tactics. ie.options for the player to cut indside or go wide when he has the ball.want some more quotes in manager interactions.and press conference before,after the match. and press conference with new player when bought by the club. etc.search engeine should be improved.thats all.Thanx

Amateur

need a little bit more confrontation with the referres in future games.Thanx.

Amateur

Originally posted by AIK:
    I only have one thing that i think should be in priority to be improved and that the youth systems.
    As it is now it's mostly up to luck. And yeah, i know that reputation and facilities has a part but it's still mostly luck. A much better way to get youths would be that we instead of just getting 5-6 players at the end of the season we'll get a list of 20-30 players where we choose our 5-6 new youngster. Of course we won't be able to see CA/PA but the attributes + coach report would be good enough. Foreign feeders should also add 1-2 players to the list every year from that nation to choose from. Foreign coaches would also give additional players to the list sometimes..
    And to save memory they can leave the AI as it is (with some tweaks) and the players that aren't chosen by the player are just removed.

Youth academys in other countries are one nice thing too that i would really like to see in the game, that would also add more foreign player in the list to choose from every year, maybe 3-5.

So.. Lets say we have 20 players as standard in the list it will give us 20 players to chose from if we have no feeders, no youth camps and only domestic coaches. But then the club gets an foreign feeder (+2), builds an academy (+5) and hires a coach (+1). Now we'll have 28 players to choose from.

Well.. Something like that. SI should focus on youths and talents, that's the most intresting part of the game.
    exelent idea !!

i agree
    youth setup needs to be totaly looked at

Lurker

I agree with an earlier post, yellow card discipline would be nice. My swedish team picked up 60 yellow cards in 28 games, there needs to be a way to improve those players discipline

Semi Pro

I think the game needs more media boosting and stronger revealing youngster posts. Coz now, there ain't much talk about what kind of youngsters are playing sensational within the game while in real life, there is a very solid base in announcing a new gem. It would really help if there is some sort of posts or news in the game that annouce these players.

Part-Timer

More agents like in one of the past versions? And videos was it? I enjoyed that.

And automatic scouting? If you don't set anything your scouts will go and do things by themselves? I'd like that.

Amateur

i think this belongs in the "you know you're addicted to FM when"...
    terrible idea!

Amateur

One thing that would be nice is this.
    Lets say you play a 'big man-little man' front two e.g. Crouch and Healy or Venegoor and McDonald. I know you can set a target man and the type of pass to hit to him.(usually to Healy's head .
    But it would be nice to tell your team to do the someone common thing to play it high to Crouch/Venegoor but alternatively low or over the top to healy/McDonald.It seems as many passes go high to the person you don't want them to as to the person who you do.Just a thought!

Amateur

That should be 'somewhat common thing' not 'someone common thing'.

Part-timer

This is a brilliant idea

i'm sick of having feeder clubs in 7 different countries, having my nationality as aussie, my ass man as dutch, yet only getting youth players from england!!

it would really add to the worthwhilness (my new fav word!) of the feeder clubs. so again: !

Also, with penalty shoot outs (the evil side of football), the teams should be seperate, not all mixed together, no clubs would be like that, especially in an ECL final!! also, talks to the players you've picked to take the shots would be great too, very important if you've picked a 17yr old to take a shot in the league cup semi final on his debut!! (he hit and we went through!!, hasn't played since for me though!)

Amateur

Hi, I avent been on this thread for a while, and i dont know if these suggestions have been said, but just incase:

. You should be able to take over as a manager, like Tony Pulis for Stoke, Alex Ferguson for Manu etc. So the game is more realistic - because i dont see pulis getting sacked after he got stoke promoted !!
    .You should be able to take out a loan to pay for a player and repay the debt over a period of time which you selected
    . Also, if you make an offer on a good player that no one else has offered for - suddenly about 5 clubs are instantly making offers and it keeps increasing.
    . When the attributed are hidden - you should be able to get a scout to get a scout report to uncover the attributes, instead of leaving them blank untiil theyre in your team.
    . Finally, i agree with the person who said that players who came through the youth academy are always all rubbish or worthless , when in todays day players are constantly coming through and becoming star players and worth millions!

Part-Timer

Leagues going up and down in rep.

Being able to use the editor to install the leagues not playable in the game.

Amateur

When watching the game in 'extended highlights' mode, it is very annoying imo to just see a random free-kick being put into the net.I'd like to see a little 'extended' build-up,even only the 10 seconds before the free-kick was given.

Amateur

Aswell sometimes you get a little bored of games in the middle of the season and you get no messages for a few days, so i think you should be able to skip watching a game, and catch the result and scorers etc. after the game - so you can complete a season a little quicker.

Semi Pro

Not sure if these have been mentioned (can't be arsed to read 42 pages )

1. Interaction with the Ass Man during the game (i.e. ask his opinion on the game, subs to make etc).

2. The ability to scout individual clubs - surely this is something that happens in real life isnt it

3. Testimonials for long serving players - I reckon that would be a cool touch to add

Amateur

One feature I've come to realize would be useful is to be able to see a history of team talks and their effects. Lets say history for the last 10 matches so that you can perhaps spot some sort of pattern as to what talk works more with specific players.

Amateur
    Virtual Anfield, Soon to be Potter Park!!

Less injuries,
    Less being linked with players,
    Less Crap feeder clubs

More youth players
    More realistic transfer market

Better Club hirerchy (sp?)
    Better Youth systems
    Better manager - board interaction
    Better Scouting

Ability to scout clubs
    Ability to set up training camps in forigen counries
    Ability to give som players xtra training goals, i.e. inproving passing etc.
    Ability to shedule xtra events to raise moral

Amateur

Hi all, I'd like to see the following:

Clubs changing logos and away kits
    To have the power to change the design or colours of your kits and logo's. (Or have a say in recommendations from your chairman).

3D match engine
    New match engine with pins as the players instead of circles.

Videos introducing tournaments
    If anyone has played cricket captain, they will understand what I mean. At the start of a tournament (i.e. Champions League) to show a video of the trophy and a preview of the tournament. I think this would build up the atmosphere and increase realism.

Feeder Clubs
    The ability to negotiate your own feeder clubs. This would be good as 'you as a manager' may have special links with another club.

Improved stadium expansion + facilities
    To go more into depth with these aspects of the game.

Post Match Interviews
    To have the option to answer a series of questions after the match (to either match of the day or skysportsnews would be good). Or if you cba, set your assistant to deal with this.

Youth gen
    Much more hairstyles and faces for youth gen players

I have unlimited ideas on this subject

Closed Thread
Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 75 ... LastLast