Closed Thread
Page 34 of 80 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,400 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Semi Pro
    I'm in the hall of shame in FM08 - most goals scored by a relegated team - 101

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

The ability to multi select players in the editor would be good.

Amateur

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

to be able to see the stadium during matches

Amateur

To be able to set a resign date

Banned

To be able to select your own feeder team, for example:
    If you're an Arsenal manager and you go to Luton's page, there should be option, "Request This Team to be Feeder Team", or something. I want specific feeder teams, not random stuff from places like China where no one wants to go to for a whole year on loan.

Amateur

It sounds boring but i would like to see more in depth finace options and have more control over them etc

Amateur

1) make it seperate, so that compititions & awards are in a seperate link like:
    HISTORY> compititions, awards, injurys, transfers.

2) a trophy room aswell as the club history, that lets you see the trophys you have won for the season. "even if its just pictures"

3) in the player history compatitions link, i want to see little medals at the end of the text, "even if its just pictures" "gold, silver, bronze".

4) also for awards like goldshoe & european player of the year, i would like pictures of those awards or models at the end of the text.

5) & a stadium around the new 3d pitch is a must

6) a kit generator to change kits for season after season.

Amateur

A possibility to lift bans when players are wrongly given red cards.
    A possibility to loan money from banks by managers.
    To be able to make more detailed training schedules.

Amateur

transfers like darren fletcher to everton don't happen even though he does not play regular first team football

Amateur

could there be away to make notes in play

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by coopdog View Post
    could there be away to make notes in play
    There is...

Amateur

The Estonian premier division, AKA The Meistriliiga, i want to guide Viljandi Tulevik to the top of europe!

First Team Squad Member

I want the Ryman/Southern/Unibond Leagues to be licensed and playable in-game. Prem. AT LEAST, cos then Cray can get promoted to there, or I can replace Tooting & Mitcham. Thing is, it's unlikely to happen cos it's likely the leagues have different rules and more coding, which means more memory is needed.

Amateur

I'd like to see goal uploads linked to a SI account, similar to what EA do on FIFA09.

Sorry if this has been mentioned.

Amateur

a couple of ideas i think would be good for future versions of FM.

Overlapping full-backs, it would be nice for attacking full backs to overlap your wingers, i know this can be done in a fashion by having your FB crossing from byline, but it would be nice for a partnership between wingers and fullbacks to occur.

secondly, when signing a player on a pre-contract, the player should start learning the language when the contract is signed, so that they have a basic grasp of the language before they join the club. even better when signing youngsters from obscure nations, eg signing a 16 year old from papua new guinea who cannot sign til 18 but doesn't speak english, would speak english by the time he can sign. good for bosman deals to.

any opinions???

Amateur

just started a game unemployed and have taken over at Naftan, a Belarussian Highest League side. The squad is pretty shocking and i have to rely on bringing in a few frees.

i have Russian and Ukrainian league running also, i think it'd fit perfect to have a Ukranian or Russian side as a parent club, the majority of their reserves'd get in my first team, but obviously bcos i'm a "top flight" outfit the board won't discuss the matter.

Fair does, i can understand top flight clubs from England, Italy, Spain, Germany, France shouldn't need parent clubs, but the smaller leagues should!!!! It's a bit annoying, as on a recent SPL game i was Motherwell and couldnt get a parent, but Hearts had Arsenal as a parent, preset! Go Figure.

Something that should be addressed.

Amateur

Probably has been posted but none the less:

I think a good addition would be employing a academy head coach and you can assign him a small budget each year to poach young talent U16 and a wage structure to employ his own scouts. Each year he will give you a summary of the years developments (coach reports on players potential) and you can assess if he has fulfilled his position satisfactory, if not get someone else in.

Amateur

i like dava's idea

dunno if someone said it before but i don't feel like going through 3326 posts to find out so i'll just state it here. i think that making fans more realistic could enhance the end user experience. for example fans in croatia often light flares which ends up with uefa fining our teams. so why not omleent that? or fans create trouble in a game against bitter rivals and the team ends up being fined to play x of their home games in front of empty stadium or at least y miles away from their home town. or your fans could have a history of racist behavior (example lazio's irriducibili) and dark skinned players might hesitate on joining your club because of that. or your fans cause trouble in european games and uefa kicks your team out of europe for x seasons.

i know not all might agree with this idea and it definitively would be annoying if even if it was added the occurrence of teams getting kicked out of europe was too regular but if set up properly it would only make the game more realistic.

Amateur

i like dava's idea

dunno if someone said it before but i don't feel like going through 3326 posts to find out so i'll just state it here. i think that making fans more realistic could enhance the end user experience. for example fans in croatia often light flares which ends up with uefa fining our teams. so why not omleent that? or fans create trouble in a game against bitter rivals and the team ends up being fined to play x of their home games in front of empty stadium or at least y miles away from their home town. or your fans could have a history of racist behavior (example lazio's irriducibili) and dark skinned players might hesitate on joining your club because of that. or your fans cause trouble in european games and uefa kicks your team out of europe for x seasons.

i know not all might agree with this idea and it definitively would be annoying if even if it was added the occurrence of teams getting kicked out of europe was too regular but if set up properly it would only make the game more realistic.

Amateur

Not sure if someone has suggested this before but i think that with some clubs using sporting directors it could be good to have some of these in the game maybe giving you a list of transfer targets he has set for you from which u must pick e.g ramos at spurs or keegan and wise at newcastle. i donnt think this works in real life but it doesnt stop them from doing it. you could also have pushy chairmen trying to pick the team e.g romanov at hearts or flavio at qpr. you could get clauses in your contract saying who buys the players, the chairmen sporting directors or you. this is my first post so hope this makes sense. it may also be my last depending on response.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dava View Post
    Probably has been posted but none the less:

I think a good addition would be employing a academy head coach and you can assign him a small budget each year to poach young talent U16 and a wage structure to employ his own scouts. Each year he will give you a summary of the years developments (coach reports on players potential) and you can assess if he has fulfilled his position satisfactory, if not get someone else in.
    excellent idea dava

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jaffa77 View Post
    Not sure if someone has suggested this before but i think that with some clubs using sporting directors it could be good to have some of these in the game maybe giving you a list of transfer targets he has set for you from which u must pick e.g ramos at spurs or keegan and wise at newcastle. i donnt think this works in real life but it doesnt stop them from doing it. you could also have pushy chairmen trying to pick the team e.g romanov at hearts or flavio at qpr. you could get clauses in your contract saying who buys the players, the chairmen sporting directors or you. this is my first post so hope this makes sense. it may also be my last depending on response.
    well the way it works really depends. somewhere sporting directors give a list of options from which manager chooses, somewhere coach gives his needs to the sporting director who then takes it onto himself to find the players that fit coaches needs and brings them into the club. hajduk works that way. for example coach says i need a pacy striker, sporting director goes through lengths to find a pacy striker thats good and whom the club can afford...he doesn't do a good job at it but thats another point.

as my opinion on that although i'm a fan of realism and all i'd like for that to be optional choice. i don't want guys like fredi fiorentini, ivica surjak or ivan buljan buying the players for me

one of the reasons i play fm is to escape from the wonderful job they do irl.

Part-Timer

Since we now have 3D or will have 3D when FM09 is out...how about PLAYER CAM.

Amateur

I haven't seen this in any of the features of FM 2009, so I was just wondering...
    Why don't cup games & goals count towards a player's season? Looking in History of a player shows only league games of each season iirc. Surely it wouldn't be too much hassle trying to correct this? Ronaldo scored 42 goals last season not 31 goals.

Amateur

I would like to see the crossing stat at player stats during the match. Something similar to passes, headers, tackles with attempts, successes and key efforts.

I think this is an important statistical element of football for wingers and wing backs.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by MKL92 View Post
    I haven't seen this in any of the features of FM 2009, so I was just wondering...
    Why don't cup games & goals count towards a player's season? Looking in History of a player shows only league games of each season iirc. Surely it wouldn't be too much hassle trying to correct this? Ronaldo scored 42 goals last season not 31 goals.
    They are still there. Just click on the season you want and the goals in other competitions should appear in the bottom pane.

Amateur

It would be nice to see the crowd in the 3D match engine, rather than just an empty stadium.

Amateur

tactical options on the TV view, annoying to switch back and forth.

Amateur

Is it possible if we can play as a real life manager? Instead of creating new managers? Can we play like as Rafa or Wenger or Mourinho? Just to have that experience of being a top class manager?

Amateur

for opposition player instructions to carry over to the new player in the position if the starting 11 player is subbed off.

Amateur

My idea is this: New training module

Since the tactics are more effected by player tendencies and the tactical instructions you give to them it seems only logical that you can work more on these things on the training field to bring your tactics to life.
    The current training module is good for improving player stats, but as for seeing things happen in the match it doesn’t seem to tie in with the new tactics module. I want to be able to have players press better and it show up in the 3D engine. I want to be able to see my forwards and attacking players make more intelligent runs. I want to see my defenders become better at getting the second ball.

My idea is to keep the current sliders as they are and to keep the coaching assignments as they are, but to improve on these to add more character to the coaches and more instructive training.

Where you have the ‘attacking’ slider for example there should also be a few check boxes that have some specific tactical options. The more you move the slider up, the more options (or more detailed options) you get. Also the better the coaches, the better the training options and the more effect it will have on the players in the match engine. Maybe the coaches can even have a specific collection of training routines that are associated with them, giving the coaching staff more character.

For example as you move the agility slider up, you get two or three options and you can choose one that you would like to give more emphasis too. For example long distance running (stamina), sprints (acceleration) etc. Then in the match engine you could see this happening.

This could be more specific in some areas of the training module, for example for set pieces you could have the option to give more emphasis to ‘attacking corners’ if you feel your team is poor in that area. This brings up a small pitch screen where you can place specific ‘target positions’ and movements you would like to be typical when attacking corners. Of course the better the players and coaches are the better they will get at following your set piece instruction.

The same could be done for a specific tactical situation in the ‘tactics’, ‘attacking’ or ‘defending’ modules. Or there could be a mix of options depending on the type of coach. So for example ‘defending’ could have 3 options to emphasise on, 1. a tactical positioning option, 2. Aerial defending, 3. Tracking players. These would show up in the match engine as players would now have different tendencies and maybe it would be possible to have player X become better at pressing, or my left winger attacking the far post on crosses because they have trained to improve those areas of their game.

This would tie in the new features and would also breathe fresh air into the training section of the game as well as the coaching staff.

It is just an idea, but it would have been a lot of fun on this game to be able to really influence the players on the training field and see it come through with the more intuitive tactical system and the 3D match engine.

Amateur

Wonder if this already in, I would like to see smaller clubs slaughtering big and rich clubs like Chelsea and Mancity when they come for their best players. As in setting higher price than it usually sets compared to if a medium sized club comes and make a bid instead.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMadness View Post
    for example fans in croatia often light flares which ends up with uefa fining our teams. so why not omleent that? or fans create trouble in a game against bitter rivals and the team ends up being fined to play x of their home games in front of empty stadium or at least y miles away from their home town. or your fans could have a history of racist behavior (example lazio's irriducibili) and dark skinned players might hesitate on joining your club because of that. or your fans cause trouble in european games and uefa kicks your team out of europe for x seasons.

I do like the idea of incorporating fan troubles. You could also include issues with fans throwing stuff on the field, resulting in an injured GK, getting the game called early/cancelled, etc. Having said that, I can just imagine the furor that some players will have on this board when their club gets into trouble for something that's out of their hands. SI will have to look at the likelihood of these incidents occurring on a club by club basis, which may be tough to do. Who knows how much incidence of fan troubles there is with a specific club in Italy, for instance.

____

I have to say that I get a real kick out of this game and actually imagining myself as being "there". With that in mind, I'd really like the game to be even more immersive. While I will never ask SI to provide top-notch EA-style graphics (that's not the point of FM), I do think better in-game sounds would go a long way to making the game more enjoyable:

- Crowd chanting, with difference chants based on the country you're at (French crowds sound different than English crowds, while Italian crowds sound different all together, etc.). All they need, in my estimation, is to go to various games and stick the microphone out and capture the crowd noises.
    - Levels of crowd noise, reflecting the attendance. Playing in a lower league with 500 in attendance should sound different than playing at Old Trafford.
    - A better reaction of the crowds based on events during the game. If the home team is losing badly, it would be great to hear the crowd boo or whistle (depending on where the home team is). If the home team is winning, they'd be chanting. Also, more appropriate crowd sounds during a home team/away team goal, ref calling fouls that could result in a goal (dangerous FKs and PKs) and showing yellow/red cards, and player substitutions (a round of applause for a home team player that played well). Also, booing/whistling of a certain player whenever he touches the ball - an away player who used to play for the home team, or if he badly hurt a home player; or turning on a home player because he's not performing well.

I also like to see the stadiums where I end up playing at. I admit, I always launch Google Earth before every away game, to check out what the stadium looks like. With that in mind, a picture of the stadium in the club information page as well as in the pre-match page would be rather neat to see. Naturally, it would be great to see the specific stadiums and appropriate crowd levels in the 3D view engine.

Another thing I'd like to see in the 3D is a view of the staff, including yourself (why not!). I don't understand why the subs are evenly spaced on the bench - they usually sit right beside each other. Include coaching staff along with them, and the manager either standing around in his box or sitting. If either team is changing tactics, it would be nice to see the manager pointing or making signals.

Amateur

More involved lower league football.

Midland Alliance! Clwyd! East of Scotland! Queensland State! Japanese regional leagues! Come on people!

Ok, I'll calm down.

Part-timer

id like to request that next year you actually have people test the game properly

Part-Timer

Researchers being informed what stats and more importantly, Player Preferred Moves actually mean. Due to the translations into portuguese SUCKING and most people being familiar, but not proficient with english, many of them are liable to being misinterpreted, and as such researchers give them "weirdly" to players. Liédson constantly making sliding tackles, anyone? :P

Banned

Default How crap are the players rating

all the players have crap ratings compared to last year.Why is this?

Dear SI staff,

I'd like to request that you look into the implementation of a dynamic league and nation reputation system, in place of the current static one. In short, your current engine provides a consistent simulation with very little variation in the results of major trophies and the prize money in various leagues, even after 30+ years. Obviously this is not the case in the real world, with the A-League growing considerably over the past few years, and the rise of Ukraine and Russia as football nations in Europe. By adding dynamic reputation factors, such as economic growth, and league reputation, you would allow the simulation to take into account the forever changing world of football. Some advantages of this would be the removal of the LLM ceiling that currently exists in long term games (especially obvious in low rep leagues) and the excitement of seeing nations rise and fall over the course of the game, keeping the player managing for longer.

I hope you take my suggestion seriously. If you wish to read into my findings on dynamic vs static reputation, please read the following thread (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=56377), and please reply with your thoughts.

Thank you for your time,

MGH

Amateur

Hi all.

Long time reader, first time poster, hopefully to help...

I believe that there is much asking for more Individual Instructions, so I will only ask one that is probably the only one that is not present in Individual Instructions but is in Team Instruction, which is Tempo. I would like to set different Tempo's bettween players, slower on the back to make less mistakes with wrong passes in dangerous areas and faster on the front. Even better, if possible, would be to define the Tempo by field zone in the Team Instructions (maybe 3: deep own half, midfield, deep opponents half) which would probably be more realistic and then be possible do costumize by player.

Best regards.

Youth Team
    The 5th Level of Hell - Where the Wrathful and Gloomy are sent

Quote Originally Posted by gianno View Post
    I would like to see the crossing stat at player stats during the match. Something similar to passes, headers, tackles with attempts, successes and key efforts.

I think this is an important statistical element of football for wingers and wing backs.

agreed. this is present in FMLive and i see no reason not to include it here

Amateur
    I had a wheelbarrow, the wheel fell off. FORZA NOTTS! FORZA JUVE!

dont know if any ones suggested it but id like the opportunatly to be a player manager.

Amateur

I'd like a more detailed hall of fame. For example, instead of just seeing "2 domestic titles", I would like to see some info about these titles, like "Premier League winners 2008-09, 5 points marginal to runner-up. Expected by media to finish 6th." and stuff like that. It would be a better sum-up of a managers career and more fun to compare different managers.

Amateur

A team talk that is needed,

as if you had a really bad first half but sencond was much better, i don't want to say they played well or bad.

So i'd like to be able to say.
    First half was very poor but much better after the breack, next game i want to see more of the same from the second half.

Or that sort of thing maybe put a bit better and shorter for the game, but hopefully you get what i mean.

Amateur

I second the inclusion of crossing % in player stats. Very important to look at for wingers and fullbacks.

Also, I'd like the inclusion of talking to a sub before putting him into the game.

Amateur

I have always wanted to be able to manage the reserve team of a club, for instance to start out as the reserve coach then maybe build my way up to the manager of the first team. Also an ability as a manager to have favoured personnel and more than one faavourite club. I think these should be quite easy to put into a future version of the game.

Amateur

i wish i could play a saved game in a newer version with its extended features.

Amateur

I just watched some national team's info screen and a little idea jumped into mind. Would be cool if national teams have the population of the country on their information. Not sure if it would actually be allowed or something, but it would be really cool to check it IMO. Of course the population of country changes every day, but it doesn't have to be so accurate..

Amateur

there could be an option, which can be selected or de-selected before setting a new game, that radical changes concerning the rules of transfers, matches, and tournaments are introduced after a number of seasons. this would make the game less static and wearisome especially when a saved game is played for a long time.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ty H View Post
    live physio reports during the game, like if someone gets a knock the pysio either has a word at the side of the pitch in a break in play or treats them so you should get a proper update so you can decice whether to leave them on etc. Realistic

If I could have one thing it would be this. The fact we have to guess what the result would be of leaving a player on the pitch when he gets his green cross is ludicrous.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by fahte View Post
    i wish i could play a saved game in a newer version with its extended features.
    Oooh yeah, that's a good one! I have a classic career in FM2006 that I miss deeply!

Amateur

FA Motions such as increasing the subs from 5 to 7, or decreasing size of league from 20 to 18 teams, or changes in foreigner rules.

Your chairman says there is an upcoming FA motion should the club be for or against.

If motion is passed, change is implemented for next season/transfer window

Amateur

create a league, maybe more of a fantasy option, not to fit in the real life game.

ability to have more than 1 youth team.

Amateur

i dont know if this has been said what about option of 1 year added to the contract like you you sign a 32 year old for a year but you can have an option of a year added on if the manager wants

Amateur

NEW Features for 2010:

PLAYERS

Particularly With Re-Gens:
    1) Career ending injuries. I've played a few FM/CM games in my time andonly once can i remember a Top player retiring through injury. While this is obviously a tragedy (:-() it is a part of the game and leads on to another point further down about surgery.

2) "Social Problems" aka The El Hadj Diouf Effect

3) Players should be able to grow during the game. i.e. a 4ft tall, 8stone, 15 year old can end up being a 6ft 5', 15 stone monster by 21.

4) Ideal weight Vs Current Weight - effect of training staff

5) More detailed training ground relationships. Asst Manager reports on players. i.e. Player X and Player Y are good friends or Player A and Player B are gonna beat the ***** out of each other. Manager should have the opportunity to resolve issues between players using team bonding sessions/counselling or some other method

6) If a player wins an award there should be an awards ceremony. The option to attend or not should be available and accompanied by a short sequence or other detail to make it more ceremonial.

7) TESTAMONIALS.
    Players should be awarded testamonials for long term service. Manager then has to choose whether to take part or not or whether to release players.

STAFF CHANGES:

1) Ability to hire outside/NON-football staff like Dieticians or Sports Psychologists.

2)Having a physio recommend a new treatment to prevent injuries (depending on physio experience and skill), setting up an AC Milan style "fountain of Youth" i.e MilanLab to give players improved recovery times.

3) Manager have input into the ACTUAL training facilities when a n upgrade is being planned. i.e indoor gym for Northern Europe Vs outdoor facilities in southern countries.

4) Recommend the board set up an academy in foreign countries (not feeder club)

FINANCES:

1) Scouts aren't free:
    There should be a cost for sending a scout to Antarctica on a scouting mission and this should be much greater than the cost of sending one to Norwich. Manager should be presented with a projected monthly cost when setting Scouting assignments

2) Players being sent for surgery
    This should also have an estimated cost associated with the advanced treatment. i.e. if Bury want to send a player off to have the very best treatment in the world, it should impact on their finances in a real way. Again the manager should be presented with an estimate

3) I like the post about a physio report during the match. Very useful

Manager to Manager interaction:

1) Post match wine??
    Alex Ferguson invites other managers for post match drinks where they speak about players etc. This could be added in a similar mould to the new Press Conference system allowing managers to build proper relationships.

2) Recommend a player to international managers. i.e if a player has dual nationality, recommend him to country X over country Y.

3) For youngsters that are uncapped by their non-EU nation but who have spent 3 years in Belgium, ask them to apply for an EU passport. If they have spent 5 years in England or Ireland and they qualify for a passport then same thing....

Same for players that have been capped by a non-EU country. Manager should be able to put pressure on a player to take up dual nationality in order to free up an extra squad place (like in Spain)

External Forces:

1) Fan Troubles occur. Sometimes they are your own fans, sometimes they are not. But its something that happens so should be in the game.

BIG MATCH BUILD-UP and Victory Celebrations

1) Big matches should be really BIG!!
    An FA Cup, Champions League or World Cup final is a very big deal for your club. I think that should your club make it to the latter stages of a competitio, that there should be short, possibly video, sequences that make a big deal of this. The shot could be of fans going to the staduim, your team on a bus, fluttering flags, It could be anything. But right now, its just another game and there's no real sense of achievement....

2) Victory Celebrations
    I'd like to see you guys in SI come up with something special after your team wins a trophy.
    a) For a World Cup win we should have views of the players lifting the trophy and doping a lap of honour along with views of fans celebrating at home. This should be scaled back for a Champions leagus and again for FA Cup, League win or whatever.
    b) For a loss there be despair and a view of the opposition celebrating

At the moment, we get nothing. After a while competition wins just get boring.

Amateur

I really like the idea's noted above particularily the changes about physiotherapy

Amateur

ADDITIONALLY:

BOARD

1) There should be a way to chasten the board, privately or publicly, for accepting a bid for a player when you've rejected it.
    This could be a 3-strikes type policy where you warn them once, stronger warning the next time it happens and you tell them you'll resign on the third occasion.

2) There should be Board appointments (especially in Spain where this is very political) - re-electing chairman regularly instead of having one guy for life. This would lead to priorities changing and different personalities effecting the club differently.
    e.g. Chairman X is happy to give you money to buy the best players in the world whil his opponant, Chairman Y is more focussed on keeping the shareholders happy and may curtail spending.

this way a manager would go through thick and thin with his chosen club, depending on the chairman.

Amateur

AND FINALLY:

This is a personal crusade of mine and I doubt very much if SI, or anyone else, will care about it.

I hark back to the days of the 3-foreigner rule. The Dutch trio of Milan Vs The German collective at Inter. Maradona, Alemao and Careca at Napoli - Hagi, Popescu and Lacatus at Brescia and the Hugo Sanchez days at Real Madrid when it was him and a few Argies battling it out for the 2/3 places in the match squad.

I'd love to see this returned to the game as an option.

There's nothing I hate more than playing FM for 20/30 seasons and every second player is Brazilian/Spanish/Mexican

First Team Regular

More fuss made around cup finals, winning league, managers losing and getting jobs.

Amateur

When sending a player on from the bench should be able to give a mini team talk sort of thing. Like 'go get me a goal' or something like that.

Having now got acquainted with the 3D match engine, I can see how a set-piece creator is within reach. There is now a great opportunity for a 'sandpit' environment (i.e. the training pitch), where you can just get a few players and get them to pace through some set pieces. There could be preset 'classics', or you could customise. I think this would be *fairly* simple to apply and use, and would add a lot of value and depth to the game, especially users who like to be hands-on.

I think it would be a great idea to be able to physically place players -- in 3D -- on the training pitch, where you would like them to be, without having to go through all that tedious 'sit on near post' list-based stuff.
    Last edited by oneroundjack; 11-11-2008 at 19:48.

International Star Player
    ] Winner World Cup Prediction League 2010

I'm looking for a physio, but I have no transfer budget.

So I'd like to be able to tell the job center: give me the CV of anyone who is
    -a free agent
    -who has a physio attribute of at least 10

It would help a lot in speeding up the sifting through the applicants.

Or if I'm looking for a scout I'd like to be able to say 'candidates with less than attribute 10 in either Judging Ability or Judging Potential need not apply'.

It would also be great if we could get a 'table view' of the applicants, so they can be sorted by the relevant attributes.

I'd also like to see a 'desired salary' so I don't waste my time approaching impossible targets.

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    I'm looking for a physio, but I have no transfer budget.

So I'd like to be able to tell the job center: give me the CV of anyone who is
    -a free agent
    -who has a physio attribute of at least 10

It would help a lot in speeding up the sifting through the applicants.

Or if I'm looking for a scout I'd like to be able to say 'candidates with less than attribute 10 in either Judging Ability or Judging Potential need not apply'.

It would also be great if we could get a 'table view' of the applicants, so they can be sorted by the relevant attributes.

I'd also like to see a 'desired salary' so I don't waste my time approaching impossible targets.
    So you're lookin for all the options that are available under staff search, but within a CV environment?

International Star Player
    ] Winner World Cup Prediction League 2010

Captain, the staff search is unrealistic, no such lists exist IRL - it takes away from the experience for those who seek realism. SI have recognized this and implemented the job center.

It's akin to scouting - you could do away with that as well, in the light of the player search being available.

I'm asking to for this feature to be extended to make it easier to use.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Captain, the staff search is unrealistic, no such lists exist IRL - it takes away from the experience for those who seek realism. SI have recognized this and implemented the job center.

It's akin to scouting - you could do away with that as well, in the light of the player search being available.

I'm asking to for this feature to be extended to make it easier to use.
    Yeah, I agree this would be a very good feature to add.

It is completely realistic in the sense that people in real life will not apply for a job if they don't meet the job spec. In the game what is the point of checking out physios that have applied for the job and it turns out that their ability for physiotherapy is 1.

Amateur

Here is my idea. Arrows that instruct a player the general direction he should be making his runs.

Amateur

I'd like an option to make "universal" opposition instructions. Maybe the tactics I use are too simplistic, but 95% of the time I set tight marking on strikers, close down wingers, etc. It'd be nice if I could make this my "default" opposition instructions and only make minor changes for certain opponents or players instead of always having to set these instructions for each game.

Part-Timer

Maybe it already has been mentioned but anyway.
    1) like you can offer clubs to buy your players, you should be able to send a request for firndly's. if you are not a big club it takes hours to arrange friendlies. you should be able to just send a request with the date on it and then clubs can reply if they're intrested.

2) intellengt transfers. if i make an offer to a player and they want 40% of the next sale (something i don't want) do't keep moaning about it. i raise the money but they keep asking for the same %, especially when you have indicated you only want to pay like 10%. they keep asking the same percentage

3) players shouldn't drop that fast when they are getting older but this has been known

Amateur

Start the game as an Assistant Manager. You could learn off the current Manager, and build your reputation in the reserve and youth games. When the current manager leaves, you then take up the caretaker role and try and prove yourself to the board and fans. I'd also like to see more ex-managers accepting job offers in a coaching role.

Amateur

When you try sign a new coach or scout, and board cancel contract,
    you should ne able to apeal somehow or ask board to reconcider.

as i joined a club and coachs where really rubbish so got rid of 3 of the 4 coachs i had as they where really poo,
    and when i tried to sign a new one they said i didn't need any, when 2 minutes earlier i had 4 now i only got one.

that really annoys me as all i was trying to do was replace the **** with better coaches or scouts.

Amateur

canning WWSM and just releasing FM in NA.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ImAScottie View Post
    yes pleaaaaaaase

Quote Originally Posted by ImAScottie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yowg8ynwa View Post
    yes pleaaaaaaase
    They are not doing that becouse they JUST LIKE IT.

Its an issue.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Robi_ts View Post
    when signing a player on a pre-contract, the player should start learning the language when the contract is signed, so that they have a basic grasp of the language before they join the club. even better when signing youngsters from obscure nations, eg signing a 16 year old from papua new guinea who cannot sign til 18 but doesn't speak english, would speak english by the time he can sign. good for bosman deals to.

any opinions???
    Very nice.

Part-Timer

I currently play the game with 4 standard tactical setups. I switch between these multiple times per game. But usually (not always, for some reason) this switch resets ALL the opposition instructions. This is pointless and time-consuming; could it be fixed?

Amateur

Things I would like to see:

Massive database return (if it doesn't tomorrow)

Team talks for substitutes - One of the most common tasks is to motivate a sub coming on in one way or another, depending on the game's current state. You can tell a sub at half time to go out there and make a difference - you should be able to do that to a sub coming on with 30 mins left as well.

Possible manager instructions:

Don't do anything silly, keep it tight, nice and simple.
    Go and have a run about, get your fitness up, no pressure on you today.
    You can make the difference! Do a Pippo Inzaghi for us.
    This is your chance to show me your worth a starting spot.

Anybody else think of other instructions?

I don't think tactics and player instructions cover or influence the game enough. You can see feedback from players at team talks, and it's not a 1 idea fits all players. A demotivated player with a certain mentality may go out with a bad mindset if you tell him to go win the game, on the other hand an ambitious youngster might win the game for with the right morale boost. I think it's a logical addtition to the matchday experience.

Also: Load all players should be available on a regional basis, as well as countries. Probably the same regions as used in scouting. i.e. load all players from South America, Eastern Europe, Central Europe.
    Last edited by pippo_t; 13-11-2008 at 15:18.

Amateur

Ok, in my game in FM 2008, I'm up to season 2020/21. Aston Villa won the Champions League last season, yet they are still ranked at about 20th financially in the world, behind Derby who have consistantly finished in the same position in the Premier League.

I also think that the transfer system needs to be fixed in reference to clubs' financial backing. Spurs, for example, are severely under-rated financially, as are Manchester United, City and Chelsea. Arsenal needs to have less funds due to their intense repayments, as Wenger himself said that he needs to sell his best player every few years to finance the team.

Amateur

a game which actually works would be very nice

Amateur

no more activation key's !!! i demand this

Amateur

Hello there.

I would like to express my exetreme dissapointment at the activation process. When I buy a product from a retail outlett I expect to be able to use it without any problems. While I don't buy many computer games I have in the past expected there would be problems with the gaming process however this is the first time I have ever had such a complicated time just trying to install a computer game.

Why is it sega have seen fit to place an overly complicated system for installing this software? I have tried every way of activating this computer game a few times over and nothing has worked. I have been left very frustrated and if I still am unable to install this game by tommorrow I will have to take it back to the shop and ask for my money back. I have parted with £30 for a computer game I can't even start. And its not even broken.

Can sega please release a press statement explaining why they have placed this activation system on this computer game? Why can we simply not install the game? No offence but I have two other computer games in my procession and both of them had a mere security key, thats it.

I am very annoyed at this process and you may have lost my custom. This may not mean a lot to you with the many people buying copies of football manager I am indeed one person. But seriously I am exetremely dissapointed I have brought a computer game I have effectively been barred from playing.

Reserves

a greater outlook on training - eg incidents in training where player X hits player Y
    a new overhaul on training the old version is bad
    more internal problems from players - eg player X went to a nightclub night before big game

press conferences for when you sign big players

and lastly no DRM

Amateur

A game that has concentrated on the real fans, the fans that have benn playing for years. Not trying to do all this fancy activation crap. Basically dont fix something that isn't broke.

Amateur

Stadiums with crowds - also stadiums that aren't plonked on a huge field that stretches as far as the eye can see outside the stadium grounds. I would also like to see some form of stadium building facility where we could possibly design/upgrade our own stadiums ingame with the upgrades visible onscreen during matches

Semi Pro

I have a great, revolutionary idea for next year game.

SI could sort out a game that works, but not after six or more months, It could works the day customers pay it...

This could be a great new feature!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    I have a great, revolutionary idea for next year game.

SI could sort out a game that works, but not after six or more months, It could works the day customers pay it...

This could be a great new feature!
    Agree! That is all I want, is it too much to ask for???

Amateur

heres a good one I WISH THAT EVEN THE MOST YOUNGER PLAYERS DO NOT RETIRE AT A YOUNG AGE WHEN THEY GET RELEASED!! i think its so stupid when u release a player from a team because they didnt fit your needs and then they retire at the age of 22...thats not even realistic at all

And i want to havea FREE AGENTS LIST!! i hate to see "oh whos free to get around the leagues" i want a specific list of everyone who is currently not on a team at all instead of searching all over the game

i think thats somethings noone has said am i right?

Amateur

This may be possible atm but probably not. I wish our saved games could be compatible with new versions of FM so we could continue our careers and enjoy new features and updates. For example, one could simply move their FM08 save file to a FM09 and continue with the 3d engine. You get the idea. Likely difficult to make happen though ...

Think about it SI. Myself and countless others find a version they like and play the hell out of it for years, never buying a new one. For instance, 09 will be my first since 00. However, if I could have continued my 00 career, I would have certainly purchased 01, 02, 03, 04 etc.
    Last edited by Atredes71; 17-11-2008 at 11:11.

Amateur

Press conferences for player signings, it seems to me that SI have missed a very obvious thing here. They were bragging about press conferences being a big new feature, well managers dont just have press conferences about matches, they also have them for signings and just general ones. They need to improve press conferences also by making them less boring. Maybe shortening the time in which you have to answer questions e.g. have the option to answer 3 questions before the option to leave the press conference.
    Also, there needs to be an improvement on stadiums. Managers are getting more heavily involved in new stadiums and stadium design and being so everyone seems to be moving stadiums and building new ones nowadays it seems right for SI to bring in a new, improved stadium feature. Where you can deside what stands you want built and have a 2D view of what the stadium looks like. For example, have a tactics like view of the stadium only instead of having your starting 11 on the right hand side, have a blue print 2D view of the stadium and on the left have options of new stands etc. And for people who say that managers dont design stadiums and have no input...Rangers' Ibrox stadium was designed by their manager at the time. Rafa Benitez has apparently helped design dressing rooms and decide where the tunnel should be etc for the new Anfield. So it would be a realistic feature to the game and is part and parcel of football managers lives.
    Another thing SI should do is get ride of the 3D match engine!!!!! it is a joke! they say that the technology is there for a 3D match engine and everyone can clearly see that it is not. It looks terrible and something that was created in the 90's and doesnt look to different from the 'premier manager' series that was so popular in the 90's as their 3d match engine is pretty much the same. It was a very bad decision by SI to go into the 3d world of match engines. FIFA manager has done it and they havent even got it right! and there match engine is 20x better than FM's.
    The option to be knighted aswell when you have achieved great things at a football club should also be created into the game as it would make the game for fun and enjoyable.

Amateur

i would love to have "move to reserves untill match fit" back

Amateur

A new function to save Goals for future viewing
    as explained in my thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65438

Semi Pro

Right, i have no idea if this has been mentioned before, and if it has I apologise now, but I am not trawlingt hrough 34 pages of suggestions - some good, some not so good.

What I would like is the following:

On the tactics slider screen i.e. Mentality, width, closing down etc... instead of having the slider which is able to move in small increments, I believe it would be good to have a slider which is able to move freely with a box next to the slider visualising (as a percentage) where the slider is.

So, for examlple, if I wanted to play attacking football I would move the slider to the right as usual, but then with my idea implemented I would be able to move it to exactly where I wanted. Maybe 80-85% in terms of a percentage.

I feel this would mean that all tactics could be fine tuned down to the smallest detail, and create loads of different tactical set-ups.

I hope this wasnt too confusing. Reading it back it seems a little bit confusing.

Amateur

Tell me what the injuries are as soon as they happen in a match. (More useful for injuries where the player can still play) I.e. Is it a gashed leg or a twisted ankle?

More positions. It would be nice to have SS, CF and AF as I like to call it (Advanced Forward, a player who's on the shoulder of the last defender)

Individual width for Wingers. I want my team to play wide for instance, but I want one Winger to tuck in. Or vice versa, I play narrow, but I want one Winger to hug the touchline.

Good stats for good players. For instance Rio Ferdinand; I don't care if his CA is higher than most of his peers, I want his stats to reflect his ability. Or Wayne Rooney; his strength is 20, or at least 19, not 16.

Bring back the 'Dictates Tempo' PPM.

Amateur

1) http://community.sigames.com/showpos...postcount=1804 - is very important in my opinion. Set pieces are designed by every manager and to make them unique for their club.

2) Also a partnerships tab in the player history for players who have played centre back, centre mid and up front. This would have the players opinions on who they most enjoyed playing with and stats such as clean sheets, assists and goals that have been kept when playing with that player. There should be details of every player that they have played with and it then may influence a signing that a manager was to make.

3) Ability to find out how much of the attendance was away fans

4) Subs instructions

5) Vonblades Tab idea - Tabs. The UI is just a fancy browser, so let's have some Firefox style tabs please. It will save me trolling back and forth between clubs or players, when I can just open 10 at once and tab through them.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by PlayboyC View Post
    heres a good one I WISH THAT EVEN THE MOST YOUNGER PLAYERS DO NOT RETIRE AT A YOUNG AGE WHEN THEY GET RELEASED!! i think its so stupid when u release a player from a team because they didnt fit your needs and then they retire at the age of 22...thats not even realistic at all

And i want to havea FREE AGENTS LIST!! i hate to see "oh whos free to get around the leagues" i want a specific list of everyone who is currently not on a team at all instead of searching all over the game

i think thats somethings noone has said am i right?
    Some would retire in reality as well. If they get released they may make more money by venturing into a different career than as a footballer as they may not be good enough for it.

It is unrealistic to have a complete free agents list in the game anyway but there is a hidden way to get one. You search for something (I think it is "No Club") and it will return every free agent in the game.

Banned

Mac patch.

Amateur

1. More diverse questions/responses in press conferences.

2. More people on the transfer market, i.e. atm most of the people are only good enough for championship teams.

3. Better transfer negotiations.

4. Better player interaction; players come and talk to you personally and not just the press and vice versa, and on a frequent basis.

5. Better spread of goals (on FM09 stikers tend to score a lot less than reality with goals spread amongst midfield)

6. Improve the 3D match engine or get rid of it ( i remember hearing it would only be included if it was of the required quality, i personally dont think it is, seeing as premier manager 1998 had a better match engine)

7. Better Regens: as in most of them arent crap technically, like in FM08, and that at least some of them can use their other foot a little bit.... improved acadmies because atm not enough people seem to come through

8. Better ageing of stats. i.e. in fm08 by 2016 the england team was still very similar to the one it is now with an average age of about 34.....

9. Easier to sell players, or at least make it so that you can get inflated prices like the ones you have to pay everyone else

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel_lfc View Post
    Mac patch.
    lol, Frustration kicking in?

I'd like to see a more detailed training system in the game.
    I think the ability to set up training schedules should be implemented into future FM's.

Instead of yet-more sliders to fiddle around with, I'd like to set up something like:

Monday: Warm up/aerobic work/Set pieces/ball control/tactics/practice match/warm down
    Tuesday: Warm up/sprints/weight training (muscle specific)/5-a-side/warm down
    Wednesday: Warm up/aerobic/shooting practice/tactics/etc, etc, etc...

Championship Manager had something like that IIRC, but nothing you do on CM since "the split" seems to make a difference and it would be much better on a title that matters. Like FM.

Semi Pro

Smile Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

I would like to see more leagues being added. Currently there are only 51 nations playable. As each version of FM is released, I would like to see more nations being added to add to the realism of the game.
    Last edited by Blanchflower1; 17-11-2008 at 19:16.

Amateur

Hi. I had no idea this thread existed, and started a new one ( http://community.sigames.com/showthr...52#post2070452 ) for one of my suggestions. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I think that if you sign a foreign player out side of the transfer window who can't speak the language of the nation he'll be coming to, he should start learning as soon as the deal is concluded, instead of the current "not until he arrives".

The thought came to me when on my game I signed a Brazilian for Reading. I concluded the deal in mid-September, so he wouldn't actually arrive until January. His 'Player Happiness' was that he was looking forward to moving clubs. However, now he's here, my assistant says he has trouble fitting in becuase of the language barrier. Now, if that scenario were to happen IRL, then you just know that the player would be learning the language before he made the move. He had a full three and a half months to learn English, plenty of time to get the basics.

It's just a thought. It would help the game, in that there wouldn't be such a problem in terms of the language barrier, and also make it more realistic.
    Last edited by RDG_BlueAndWhite; 17-11-2008 at 20:13.

Amateur

I've always thought of having multiple PAs. I don't know how hard it would be to code but I think it would be more accurate. For example, a player can have four (technical, mental, GK and physical) PAs or six (offensive and defensive technical, offensive and defensive mental, GK and technical) PAs. Appropriate attributes are linked to each of the PAs.

For example, CRonaldo could have attacking tech PA of 95, defense tech PA of 35~40, attacking mental PA of 85, defense mental PA of 40, GK of 10 and physical of 90. Nedved could be 80, 65, 85, 70, 10 and 85...you get the idea. I would love it if SI could make a future FM like this...

All attributes can be increased by tranining, but techincal attributes should have the most linear relationship to it. Mental stats will mostly increase as a player ages and becomes more experienced, but can also decrease in certain instances, such as if the coach benches him for a season. Physical stats will increase as a young player matures and peaks at around 28, and then slowly decreases. Other attributes can be increased or decreased with player talks, such as if you tell a player to be more/less aggressive. This can further distinguish different type of players and I think everyone would love it...

And btw, I don't think two-footedness should take up any CA, that just seems wrong. Instead, it should be natural and you can only improve it marginally via training.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by RDG_BlueAndWhite View Post
    Hi. I had no idea this thread existed, and started a new one ( http://community.sigames.com/showthr...52#post2070452 ) for one of my suggestions. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I think that if you sign a foreign player out side of the transfer window who can't speak the language of the nation he'll be coming to, he should start learning as soon as the deal is concluded, instead of the current "not until he arrives".

The thought came to me when on my game I signed a Brazilian for Reading. I concluded the deal in mid-September, so he wouldn't actually arrive until January. His 'Player Happiness' was that he was looking forward to moving clubs. However, now he's here, my assistant says he has trouble fitting in becuase of the language barrier. Now, if that scenario were to happen IRL, then you just know that the player would be learning the language before he made the move. He had a full three and a half months to learn English, plenty of time to get the basics.

It's just a thought. It would help the game, in that there wouldn't be such a problem in terms of the language barrier, and also make it more realistic.
    Don't worry. This thread is for people who just want to list their ideas of how they think the game can be improved. Starting a new thread is recommended when you want to generate a discussion on one particular idea you have. Obviously if there was a thread on the same idea already you should of course post in there.

I have replied to your thread on the topic.

Amateur

1) Tactics redone so that we can more easily tell the players how we want them to play football. How do we really know what the difference between slider position 7 and 8 does without trying and maybe failing? This isn't realistic to me. Managers should be very clear on telling the players their work zones and it should be easier for us to know what we do when we adjust settings. Maybe something like "hot zones" where you can instruct a player of where his zone is when the opposite has the ball and where he can be when we have the ball.
    Just more clarity is what I'm trying to say Why is there even several slider positions for each passing style, how can you tell the players to be just slightly direct or full out direct?

2) Training. I just read that 7 star trainers basically only works that they can train more players at a time and it doesn't matter what skills they have in the tactics & training forum. That's bad.
    Also a weekly report from the assistant about who's doing well and who's doing bad on the training ground would be good.

3) More personality into the players and staff. It's so rare that players dislike someone now. And it should be ok that a player dislikes one coach in a club since it's pretty unlikely that everyone will get along with everyone when there's about 50 people in a club.

4) Better press/media. I was not impressed with this years improvement. It's going too slowly forward with the improvements in that area.

5) Tactics shouldnt matter alot for lower league teams. A manager for a amateur club way down in the leagues are not gonna be having a big tactical masterplan before a match and neither should we need to have to achieve success.

6) Let tactics be if they work. In my opinion the greatest teams we've seen have had a clear system that they have used throughout a longer period. If you mention say Milan the last 5-6 years under Ancelotti then you KNOW how they play and how they will always play under him with just small adjustments (Yeah, switching from 1 striker to 2 striker and such is one thing but the mentality is the same regardless). Same with Barceona under Rjikaard etc. Changing tactics from game to game should not be a good thing, minor adjustment should.

7) Better transfer negotiations. Negotiations shouldn't be "accept, recounter the offer, refuse" in big transfers. It should take as long as a few weeks sometimes to agree on a fee.
    Last edited by Iggy; 18-11-2008 at 06:56.

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 80 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast