Closed Thread
Page 33 of 80 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,300 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Amateur

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

I think it would be interesting to create the specific employment of director of academy or youth coordinator inside clubs. Nowadays is a common kind of work in football. This staff would be contracted by the club and not by the manager and as you can imagine the better this director of academy ratings, the better the youngsters in club.

Another issue could be add more (or some) movement and protagonism to director of football in game. They can give ideas about players to sign, congratulations after a victory, afterwards manager is contracted generally by director of football not directly by board, so the communication between clubs and managers in "sport aspects" must be between director of football and manager.

Also it would be great to see Directors of Football signing to another clubs in a similar way than assistant managers, coachs, etc...

Amateur

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

For me J-League and, more importantly, the ability to import/export chunks of data from on db to another (i.e. I always fiddle around with cities setting weather and whatnot and it annoys me to no end to do this after every patch. Now if I could just export cities from my edited db to the patched one that'd be gold)

Amateur

When setting up manager profiles to start the game I would like to be able to add currently spoken languages. Just because I'm English doesn't mean I can't speak any other languages ;)

The only way I can get around this at the moment is to add a second nationality, which a) isn't right and b) only gives me one other language usually.

Third Team
    Speak ill of Sweden again, and I swear I'll steal a B-52 and bomb you back to the dark ages.

Another annoying problem with FM08 is that it´s way too easy to buy 150+ PA players from AI teams for coffee money. The AI teams couldn´t recognise talent even if their PA was written in the players foreheads.

Amateur

I wish a personality of a person could be more unique and that tactics were not acase of beating the match engine, so it enables a human to trian his players and be successfull with his own beliefs as appossed to doing what the match engine desides you need to do.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by random_name View Post
    For me J-League and, more importantly, the ability to import/export chunks of data from on db to another (i.e. I always fiddle around with cities setting weather and whatnot and it annoys me to no end to do this after every patch. Now if I could just export cities from my edited db to the patched one that'd be gold)
    I've got a better idea! SI gets the game right without patches!

Amateur

Idea for future that when your team plays a game before transfer window shuts and you leave a player out who's drawing interest from a big club that the speculation is reported in media maybe asked about more so if you dont cup tie them like UEFA Cup or Champions League.
    Also when you go on tour you only take say 25 players like for UEFA comps letting you leave the players you want to move on know they are not in your plans.
    Last but not least a question will there be a B list for UEFA Comps like real life where you can put more club trained players in like Arsenal did this time putting Walcott and Denilson in it to free space on A list.

Semi Pro
    I enjoy farting when I'm in a lift, which is wrong on so many levels

kinda the same as above, but you should have to name a squad for the club world championship, as i doubt that ferguson's gonna take the u-18's, reserves and the whole first team there this year

Amateur

as everyone knows managers get money for managing teams, and when the contract is over we are going to negotiate new contracts with board, but this area is just useless, why we negotiate a new contract when we cant use the money?.
    my idea is making some usefull areas to use the money we optain from managing clubs, like buy shares in smoe clubs, and so have some influance in the club, like be a board member or maybe buy the club, there is manythings to be done there.

Amateur
    Burton on Trent, but a Shrewsbury fan since I was born there etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedal View Post
    as everyone knows managers get money for managing teams, and when the contract is over we are going to negotiate new contracts with board, but this area is just useless, why we negotiate a new contract when we cant use the money?.
    my idea is making some usefull areas to use the money we optain from managing clubs, like buy shares in smoe clubs, and so have some influance in the club, like be a board member or maybe buy the club, there is manythings to be done there.
    Been suggested on many occasions - and every time it gets a as it's a daft idea - do a search for reasons why.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Fedal View Post
    It does have some use, the more money you get, the less likely you are to be sacked.

Amateur

Smile Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

you can use your earnings to do bets on the odds you get per match, outright competition etc. This way Its an incentive to raise your money for future opportunies such as becomging a board member, or even just to boost your spending budget.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Another annoying problem with FM08 is that it´s way too easy to buy 150+ PA players from AI teams for coffee money. The AI teams couldn´t recognise talent even if their PA was written in the players foreheads.
    Hopefully should be imporved with 09, been mentioned that the AI is better at recognising when its got young talent and now tries to keep them. Staring CA's for some wonderkids have been raised

Third Team

My only request, would it be possible to have the choice to have gibraltar as your nationality, and perhaps say 50 of gibraltars players in the database.

if you want to add anything else, i would love it, but that would be all i really ask for

for those of you that don't know, gibraltar is a small british colony on the south of spain, with a population of just under 30k people, me being one.

We asked to be put into uefa, but those damn spaniards made some threat about pulling out of all tournaments and some other big cry story, we were rejected by the majority of the uefa judges, bar the english and republic of ireland judges

Amateur

Default Staff Revamped

Quote Originally Posted by GrosseSalinas View Post
    I think it would be interesting to create the specific employment of director of academy or youth coordinator inside clubs. Nowadays is a common kind of work in football. This staff would be contracted by the club and not by the manager and as you can imagine the better this director of academy ratings, the better the youngsters in club.

Another issue could be add more (or some) movement and protagonism to director of football in game. They can give ideas about players to sign, congratulations after a victory, afterwards manager is contracted generally by director of football not directly by board, so the communication between clubs and managers in "sport aspects" must be between director of football and manager.

Also it would be great to see Directors of Football signing to another clubs in a similar way than assistant managers, coachs, etc...

Going deeper on this i think, it would be great and necesary to create inside the club staff another employments like psicologist (as a coach or a physio but only good in mental abilities or motivation).

Also a Dietist, nowadays present in the majority of clubs in top leagues (not necesary to create an atribute of "dietistness", only like a coach with low techinical atributes but gives the team some extra points in stamina or general fitnes develop proportionally whith the reputation of Dietist)

A Press Chief. With the great and interesting improvement of the media in FM 09 it sounds more than necesary to appear in our club a man or woman with the mission of trate with the press. He would be the person in the club who told you when the press conferences will be or if you want to concede a private interview with Dailly Mirror on wednesday (Of course if you denied it, you've just win an enemy in the media)...Also this person evaluate for you the general opinion of the media about you and your club in the same way than confidence works with board and fans.

These are not the greatest improvements in the history of FM, but are the kind of bits like you usually say, that takes the game near to reality.

Lurker

I think FM09 should allow players' mental attributes to improve as they get older, rather than deterioate when they are 32+. I thought experienced players would have even higher levels of composure, decision- making, positioning and anticipation, these will make up for their diminishing technical and physical abilities.

Third Team
    Speak ill of Sweden again, and I swear I'll steal a B-52 and bomb you back to the dark ages.

I am glad to see the transfer engine has been completley reworked. It´s bloody annoying you can´t sell players, and in many cases not even give them away for free.

I also hope UK and Ireland players won´t be so overrated this time. I know it´s an english game, but I think it´s unrealistic when Ireland, Wales, N. Ireland, Scotland and England make it to every World- and Euro championship.
    Last edited by Viking; 24-09-2008 at 09:15.

how about the possibility to PRINT the fixtures just like in CM 2001-02.

Amateur

****Passports**Nationality issues****

I really do hope they have corrected in this game is passports. If player X has joined my team from a Bundesliga club and is eligible to apply for a German passport, I'd like the option to ask player X to please apply for a passport. There's too many times I've seen in the past couple of editions of FM where a South American player will be in Spain for four years or will get sent to Belgium to get a quick passport and fail to do so.

I think it would also be better if you get to decide the type of feeder club you want and the location/league level when you first join the club, rather than waiting three seasons. It would also be handy if in the player interaction section you told players specifically why they were being sent on loan (i.e. not needed in the squad; need to trim wage bill; need to collect first team experience) and also have more contact with them whilst they were away. So if a player is unhappy on loan, you can recall him in January and ship him off elsewhere.

They should also bring back the option to scout individual clubs

Amateur

Apologies if people have already mentioned this. When you search for players and put in which attributes they need to have eg more than 10 pace, stamina, technique, you used to be able to then display the attributes for all players that met the requirement rather than the normal column names. So you would see eg Fred 12, 14, 17 Dave 15, 11, 10 etc. If we could get that back it would be great as I always found it a really useful way of quickly judging what I was looking for rather than the generic physical, mental, technical etcs.

Also, in an ideal world, when you have a player you would be able to create your own ratings for specific players in a specific position, eg I would want my GK rating to be the sum of Agility, Handling, Reflexes, Positioning etc, and once I've specified it it always holds that rating on the player attribute screen. Well if you don't ask you don't get!

Last two small points - can we have the default 442 performing better please as it always gets battered whoever I am, and can we keep working on the result and game realism...I mean first season the other week, Bolton won the league with no data editor tweaks at all!

Thanks very much.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by barry plane View Post
    Apologies if people have already mentioned this. When you search for players and put in which attributes they need to have eg more than 10 pace, stamina, technique, you used to be able to then display the attributes for all players that met the requirement rather than the normal column names. So you would see eg Fred 12, 14, 17 Dave 15, 11, 10 etc. If we could get that back it would be great as I always found it a really useful way of quickly judging what I was looking for rather than the generic physical, mental, technical etcs.

Also, in an ideal world, when you have a player you would be able to create your own ratings for specific players in a specific position, eg I would want my GK rating to be the sum of Agility, Handling, Reflexes, Positioning etc, and once I've specified it it always holds that rating on the player attribute screen. Well if you don't ask you don't get!

Last two small points - can we have the default 442 performing better please as it always gets battered whoever I am, and can we keep working on the result and game realism...I mean first season the other week, Bolton won the league with no data editor tweaks at all!

Thanks very much.
    yeah i agree
    in my game, from 2009 to 2016, sunderland won the league every single time
    i was laughing
    i then took over liverpool and won it for 3 years before i lost my disk and now have to wait till fm09 is out

Amateur

Lots of great suggestions in here. I'd like to add one more which I believe would add a great deal to the overall feel of playing a long career game: After winning a trophy, moving to a new club, resigning, etc. there is a media report that summarizes the users career. Currently there is practically no recognition of the users accomplishments. For example, over a long career to see how your reputation in the media grows as you climb from obscurity to one of the most famous managers in the world. I would love to read how many trophies I've won over the years, maybe some quotes from other personalities in the game and so on.

this list is long, hopefuly i`m not repeating what others have said. also hopefuly those things doesn`t exist already and i`m making a fool of myself
    1) when the board expect to reach a certain level in a cup - there should be something regarding not reaching it because of a crazy unlucky draw (i.e. - the board expected my man-city team to reach the quarter final, but i got chelsea as an away game in the 3rd round)
    2) similar thing regarding injuries - let`s say you have some expectations, but your main players get injured for very long times.
    3) if the board accepts an offer for a player, there should be an option for an ultimatum from the manager.
    4) teams should have income based on popularity in certain places in the world. then, a tour in this region can make the team more popular there and generate more income. same with signing stars from this region.
    5) board and fans confidence again - playing attacking football, using home grown players, and growing youngsters should raise the confidence. long term confidence should also be about the outlook of the squad
    6) one thing that is seriously irritating is when i buy a young player, he doesn`t play too much since he`s young, but he`s a future huge star or something, and the fans regard it as a poor acquisition. as a fan i`d actually love that my team have a future star making his first strides.
    7) same thing regarding subs - if i buy a player who`s mainly used as a sub, since as a sub his ratings would be around 6-7 usually, the fans and board would regard it as a bad acquisition.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by BocaJ View Post
    Lots of great suggestions in here. I'd like to add one more which I believe would add a great deal to the overall feel of playing a long career game: After winning a trophy, moving to a new club, resigning, etc. there is a media report that summarizes the users career. Currently there is practically no recognition of the users accomplishments. For example, over a long career to see how your reputation in the media grows as you climb from obscurity to one of the most famous managers in the world. I would love to read how many trophies I've won over the years, maybe some quotes from other personalities in the game and so on.
    In this same way. It would be great for long-career players that have just retired. In the moment he decided to quit playing football in the game a new mentioning his honours. It could be more summarized in another version of this with a simple new in the end of the season mentioning all the players who have quit football this season in this country or league, and also in the new it wuold be great to include standing up one or two names with a honorous career, maybe them that turned in favourite staff of the club.

Amateur

Another issues:

Feeder Clubs / Club Academies Outside:

Feeder clubs was a great an funny add last season for me. In order to give more deepnes in this aspect of the game, and bring here some more bits of reality, it would be great if the board could offer you to open an school or academy in some countries. Of course it's not necessary to create, if you accept the offer, a new club in BD called Fake Club Academy in Angola, or Porto Academy in Angola, it would be only benefit you and your club maybe with some new regen players at the start of the season.

Now, in game, when the assistant manager presents to you: "20 new youth players has been promoted from your kid squad" or something like that. With this new issue he'd tell besides, if an Angola Nationality player has been promoted from the Academy to our Porto team: "One of them, Eriberto Mantorras comes recomended by our coaches in our Academy at Angola as a high fairly left midfilder with a promising future."

Obviously, Academy country's reputation and parent club`s rep. would be compared as Real Madrid has an Academy in Costa Rica and is not probably than any Costa Rican regen player in a lot of years could stand level to travel to Madrid to sign with U-19 team.

Obviously too, if Real Madrid or Man U had an school in Costa Rica all of the better Costa Rica regen players would not necessary sign for these clubs, but this can help to do this more easy to happen as Arsenal did in Ivory Coast for instance, and considering that having an Academy in some place would give you more knowlegede of this country It would be an interesting issue.

There would be no limit of Academies in a country, as various teams can stablish in a place in reality.

For more accurateness in this add, the IA can take a random city of a country (not a very very tiny town) to stablish our Academy in a phisical place, not in a country in general. I would imagine some FM gamer travelling to this place only to know where his Academy was in the game, don't you bet for it? :-) obviusly most of these players grown at our outside school and promoted to our U-19 squad will be born in this city but not necessary.

Of course it's not a common or diary issue in football world nowadays, and it depends of reputation of clubs the frequency the board presents you this kind of offers. Also, not only the board could say yo this. It would be possible too to you ask your board as you can do it for a parent or a feeder club, ask for an Academy outside.

At last, the presence of your club in some country with an Academy could have sawn for the people of that country as a good action by your club and could improve the possibility some regen player from there appart your Academy has picked your club as favourite. Why not? Press Officer of your club or board can tell you how your Academy is considered in the country too.

Where the Academy will stablish also can depend on your knowlege of the world, is more accurate that if you are playing with Racing Santander and has a Serbian assistant, there were more probabilities your team was proposed to open one there. But not necessary, your chairman at club could be at hollydays last summer in Hawai or Benin and could think to do one there...

Sorry for my English :-) Hope you can understand this, and of course i hope you liked it.
    Last edited by GrosseSalinas; 26-09-2008 at 22:16.

Amateur

the one little feature i like from the games are the odds before games or before the season starts, I guess this does'nt bare much relivance to much but i just feel its a nice touch, being somone who likes to have a few quid on every saturday in real life, it makes it seem a little more like the real world

so maybe for folk like me, we could expand on this, before games, maybe also have odds for "first goalscorer" ect.. or odds before the season of the top goal scorer in that league

it will just add a little more feel at home touch to the game in my opinion

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Soulie View Post
    the one little feature i like from the games are the odds before games or before the season starts, I guess this does'nt bare much relivance to much but i just feel its a nice touch, being somone who likes to have a few quid on every saturday in real life, it makes it seem a little more like the real world

so maybe for folk like me, we could expand on this, before games, maybe also have odds for "first goalscorer" ect.. or odds before the season of the top goal scorer in that league

it will just add a little more feel at home touch to the game in my opinion
    You could even expand more on this by having odds for competitions during the season so as the competition progresses you can see the odds changing.

Third Team

how about leagues like the isthmian league and all others be available on view only
    you arent allowed to edit it to be able to play it, but it would help us keep track of the progress of players you loan out to non league clubs

Amateur

I wouldnt mind being able to declare my interest in a job which is insecure? And the better your reputation, the more pressure you can put on the board to sack the manager, so if you turn Harrow Borough into champions league/premiership winners, you can actually get a job if you want a new challenge and nobodys being fired!!
    Also wouldnt mind being able to purchase players without getting a work permit, and immediatly loan them out until they are eligable for one?
    Emergency loans?
    A great addition to the game would be risk. So say the board gets taken over, you instantly have to work with higher expectations.
    And finally I always play with a limit of leagues because of computer speed, but then want a new challenge and have to start my game again. So the best addition for me would be to add/remove leagues at the end of the season maybe? Dont know if thats possible however?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by tommymooney View Post
    I wouldnt mind being able to declare my interest in a job which is insecure? And the better your reputation, the more pressure you can put on the board to sack the manager, so if you turn Harrow Borough into champions league/premiership winners, you can actually get a job if you want a new challenge and nobodys being fired!!
    You can already do this in FM08
    Quote Originally Posted by tommymooney View Post
    Also wouldnt mind being able to purchase players without getting a work permit, and immediatly loan them out until they are eligable for one?
    You can already do this in FM08 as well

Amateur

would like to have the chance to have players warming up on touchline.
    crowd reacts to big players when strating to warn up.
    plus if you dont have player warming up he wont enter the pitch at 100%.
    only players that were borught into the field after warming up will start at maximum condition.
    you will get a notification when player is warmed up and ready to come on.

any thoughts about this?

cheers

Vilosophe

One of the greater absence is the possibility to see the final positions of all league even if you haven't select them and the goal's positions of the players. (now if you select a league non-playable, you cannot see players' stats).

Al least we must have the possibility to see the Winner (2nd and 3td) so the game can update the Competition's Story.

Amateur

i would like si to implement an in game alarm so you could create an alert for a future date. maybe having a window popping up on the date you've set with a brief description.

it would also be good to have the rich tycoon takeover back in the future like in fm2007. has this been cancelled as ive never seen it on fm08?

Amateur

i would like to see some sort of relationship between clubs instead of just between managers. irl there are many clubs with good relations with each other and are more open to accepting offers from either party.

Amateur

Something I'd like to see is crackdowns on certain offences. The organisers of a competition, or sometimes a national association or even FIFA, could declare that they've had enough of a certain offence and would like to see the referees enforce it more strictly. This could happen at the start of a season, and for the rest of that season the offence would be more likely to be punished and more likely to result in a card. Suspensions that are made by a committee could also be lengthened for the offence.

For example, in the A-League in Australia there's been a crackdown on dissent, announced by the FFA, and a few players have been sent off already this season for fairly minor incidents. Other examples would be the crackdown on tackles from behind and on diving in recent years.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by zulu83 View Post
    i would like si to implement an in game alarm so you could create an alert for a future date. maybe having a window popping up on the date you've set with a brief description.
    Isn't that what the Notes feature is for?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Vilosophe View Post
    One of the greater absence is the possibility to see the final positions of all league even if you haven't select them and the goal's positions of the players. (now if you select a league non-playable, you cannot see players' stats).

Al least we must have the possibility to see the Winner (2nd and 3td) so the game can update the Competition's Story.
    100% right!

ingame betting

Amateur
    Somewhere between expectancy and paranoia

Quote Originally Posted by ZIRA - NK Jedinstvo Bihac View Post
    ingame betting
    NO

It is illegal to bet on your own matches IRL

Amateur

Talking Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

First of all i apologise for my name it is a firends nickname and if these ideas have already been mentioned.
    Anyway, i think that football manager is an unbelievable game and evry year Miles Jacobsen and his team keep on delivering(by the way miles would you like to let me be a part of your team haha, no, im serious).
    However, there are, in my eyes, a few glitches with the game:
    1) Too many offsides, every time your team scores you are half waiting for the flag
    2) Every time there is a corener and you miss a free-kick goes to the defending team
    There are the glitches, this is my wishlist:
    1)Refs/Officials get banned
    2)3d graphics e.g. player faces, kits, are the same as in real life
    3)Manager gets offered jobs from outside of football in advertising e.g. adidas advert
    4) Manager has own bank so you know how much you are earning otherwise wages are pointless
    5)More in depth behind the scenes at the e.g training, seeing plyers in office ect
    6) More informtion about managers actual lifestyles e.g. decisions about life at home, moving etc, and have players not performing due to marriage problems or having a month off and coming back into the reserves or something like that a bit like michael chopra in real life for sunderland, roy keane let him have a month off then he came back for the reserves
    7)Sports Interactive on the game
    8) Teams should ALWAYS finish in REALISTIC places e.g. once in mine west ham won the league in the first year of playing and pompey getting relegated, give them a set percentage of finishing in certain positions(or something like that) e.g watford(my team) in the prem finishing in top four 1 % or tottenham in top four 20%
    9)Make comebacks in games harder, sometimes you are 3 up they are playing awful then out of nowhere etc just every little detail you see if you go to a real football game
    10) Being able to see yourself and assistants e.g. assistant and physio on matchdays, then you can have manager view, I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY HAVE NEVER HAD THIS.
    Thank You, i would be extremely grateful if even one of these ideas were used
    Jamie Luck
    Last edited by malleria; 01-10-2008 at 19:23. Reason: Forgot some wishes

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by omri_in_india View Post
    6) one thing that is seriously irritating is when i buy a young player, he doesn`t play too much since he`s young, but he`s a future huge star or something, and the fans regard it as a poor acquisition. as a fan i`d actually love that my team have a future star making his first strides.
    7) same thing regarding subs - if i buy a player who`s mainly used as a sub, since as a sub his ratings would be around 6-7 usually, the fans and board would regard it as a bad acquisition.
    Couldn't agree more, you sign someone and within a month just because they havent played much or have been playing badly they immiediately think hes a poor acquisition.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by malleria View Post
    First of all i apologise for my name it is a firends nickname and if these ideas have already been mentioned.
    Anyway, i think that football manager is an unbelievable game and evry year Miles Jacobsen and his team keep on delivering(by the way miles would you like to let me be a part of your team haha, no, im serious).
    However, there are, in my eyes, a few glitches with the game:
    1) Too many offsides, every time your team scores you are half waiting for the flag
    2) Every time there is a corener and you miss a free-kick goes to the defending team
    There are the glitches, this is my wishlist:
    1)Refs/Officials get banned
    2)3d graphics e.g. player faces, kits, are the same as in real life
    3)Manager gets offered jobs from outside of football in advertising e.g. adidas advert
    4) Manager has own bank so you know how much you are earning otherwise wages are pointless
    5)More in depth behind the scenes at the e.g training, seeing plyers in office ect
    6) More informtion about managers actual lifestyles e.g. decisions about life at home, moving etc, and have players not performing due to marriage problems or having a month off and coming back into the reserves or something like that a bit like michael chopra in real life for sunderland, roy keane let him have a month off then he came back for the reserves
    7)Sports Interactive on the game
    8) Teams should ALWAYS finish in REALISTIC places e.g. once in mine west ham won the league in the first year of playing and pompey getting relegated, give them a set percentage of finishing in certain positions(or something like that) e.g watford(my team) in the prem finishing in top four 1 % or tottenham in top four 20%
    9)Make comebacks in games harder, sometimes you are 3 up they are playing awful then out of nowhere etc just every little detail you see if you go to a real football game
    10) Being able to see yourself and assistants e.g. assistant and physio on matchdays, then you can have manager view, I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY HAVE NEVER HAD THIS.
    Thank You, i would be extremely grateful if even one of these ideas were used
    Jamie Luck
    There will be 3d graphics in FM09. Also, if you go to your information screen in FM08 you can see how much you have earned in your career.

Semi Pro

Not sure if this has been said before as I can't really be bothered reading 163 pages but a few cosmetic changes I would like to see is

1) Being able to see when a player made their debut for the club, as in first league games who it was against etc etc

2) When players are signed the confidence/transfers stay for the entire season insteaed of part of the season, for instance when I sign someone in July and he's been great, the fans will forget about it come Feb/March the next year and until then they will say I've been great with dealings in the market, but if when the time is up and I've signed someone in the January window and they havent done so well then my rating immediately drops down to they feel I should being doing better.

2a) If you sign a player and the transfer section is hot prospect or youngster, then these don't get judged by the confidence part, or atleast have it so that the supporters realise that this player is a hot prospect for the future and feel it unfair to rate him blah blah blah. Nothing worse than signing a young player and giving him the occassional game where he comes on as a sub and that for the fans to say that signing him is an abomination etc etc.

I have a few more but might try and read a bit more of this section first

Amateur

What i would like to see in a future fm is team talks during the weeks. not for the media, but lets say i am managing ajax and after 6 games i am in bottom half - i have a team talk with the lads about our performances...same if you are derby for example and sitting in the top 8 after 6 games, you can tell your team to keep it up or something. just talking with players coz i reckon thats what managers do in real life aswell...what do you guys think?

Banned
    Bandying random hyperbole around since 2008

Yeah a team meeting sorta thing? Where you can discuss how it's going and majorly give your team a huge kick in the ass to get them playing good football again? Or to end slumps? As right now slumps in FM08 are a bit TOO realistic.
    Last edited by Terry85; 02-10-2008 at 13:55. Reason: None MWAHAHAHA

Amateur

Yip, or maybe you had a real bad game(arsenal vs hull...) and you need toe call your players in and tell them to bounce back.

Banned
    Bandying random hyperbole around since 2008

I would like an added stat on player stats during a match. LONG SHOTS. So we can see how many long shots each player has had and whether or not it was on target. It could be anything outside the box or from a certain distance?

Amateur

I would like different teams to adopt different styles. Not just 424 for every single team when they are losing. It is a total cop out for the match engine. The amount of goals in injury time to get a draw or win against my team is just crazy. I can be 2-0 up in the 90th minute, park the bus on the goal line and even brick up the gaps but they still f***ing score 2 or 3 in the next 4 minutes. Its driving me mad. If FM 09 is the same i think i will have to call it quits for games on my pc and grow up like my wife told me i should have done a long time ago. ;)

Rant over.

Amateur

if it´s a lower league team your are manager for, and your doing well after couble years and got a good economy. It is often that your boarder over rules you in a transfer deal, and selling out of your star players becuse "the deal is to good to say no to" So my propusision is: In time you could earn enough money to be a part owner or 100 % owner of the club.

Part-Timer
    In a virtual world as a FM manager or a soldier on CoD

Quote Originally Posted by B2DN View Post
    What i would like to see in a future fm is team talks during the weeks. not for the media, but lets say i am managing ajax and after 6 games i am in bottom half - i have a team talk with the lads about our performances...same if you are derby for example and sitting in the top 8 after 6 games, you can tell your team to keep it up or something. just talking with players coz i reckon thats what managers do in real life aswell...what do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry85 View Post
    Yeah a team meeting sorta thing? Where you can discuss how it's going and majorly give your team a huge kick in the ass to get them playing good football again? Or to end slumps? As right now slumps in FM08 are a bit TOO realistic.
    You can already do this in a way. Well only if your doing badly. If your title hopefulls yet your doin real bad you can go to player interaction with your captain and there is usually the option "hold a team meeting to discuss the teams recent poor form" So you can get them to buck their ideas up and afterwards you get some feedback on how that meeting went.

On topic:

As i suggested in another thread: The possibility to customise your team screen view. The players section. Would it be possible to be able to choose the columns you would like to see regarding different players, eg age, Position, PA, Goals, Assists, morale, Influence etc etc so that you can basically get the info you need about your team.

Amateur

I would also like to be able to scout a player in a certain poition. eg - some players have two "natural" positios (lets say sw and cb) and his best position is sw - which means he gets scouted as a sw and i would like to play him as a cb - which he is equally as good in. now my scout says he is a quality signing coz he is way better than my next sw, but i would actually like my scout to compare him with my other cb's...

Amateur

I would like to be able to have a way you could ask your nation's board to invest in youth development if you were the manager of that nation which would improve the youth coming through for that nation over time and the more money invested the better the youth coming through. So a weak nation spending alot on youth deveopment could over a long period in the game could become the world's best nation.

Amateur

One thing i would love is for the team to have a young academy below the under 18's for them to develop better

Amateur

Smile Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

I would like SI remove statistics when you are in player selection screen(that should be only viewable when you click on player)instead of that they should make viewable 3 top scorers/assistants and player position/status/value.

As in here:

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/verei...tartseite.html

Thanks

I'd like to see greater interactivity with replays. Currently in the 2D system, all I get to see is replays of highlights, goals or none. I appreciate we can rewatch the game after and so my point is more aesthetic than anything, but I'd like to be able to slow down the gameplay, speed it up, mark certain players etc. So for example, if I want to mark out a defender I'm looking at as a potential transfer target, I'd like to be able to mark him and watch replays of set pieces both offensive and defensive to see how he reacts to certain things and if he really fits the bill. This could also be really useful for watching my own players as well, to spot flaws with tactics and such like.

Of course, with 3D this will become even more useful, as I'll be able to watch individuals player runs, movements and change angles and such like - so being able to view things at various paces with players highlighted will be even more important.

Semi Pro
    I'm in the hall of shame in FM08 - most goals scored by a relegated team - 101

I'd like to see re-ranking abolished as it's very annoying that managers who've only won three games by mid season suddenly turn into tactical gods against you, and your players suddenly become morons.

Amateur

My main suggestion is to:

- Important matches, such as Champions League matches etc., to be highlighted by the news items. League games, european games and international games seem to have the same importance

Amateur

An annual report on your 'first option' feeder clubs from your assistant manager. This could be exactly the same as the "new intake of youth players" news item, with the assistant manager highlighting any of your feeder clubs' players who might be good enough to play for your club.

Amateur

Marshdweller - thats a good one!i'm always wondering if my feeder clubs have good enough players since i have first option

Amateur

After reading through alot of the suggestions it seems that the two major areas for improvement need to be Scouting and youth development.
    Being able to scout players who progress to the top is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game and rightly or wrongly is one of the reasons that a number of players are assisted by the scout tool.

The scouting needs to be improved
    A suggestion could be a list of 5 - 10 ratings that are used when a youth player is scouted.
    Will never be good enough to play first team football.
    With the right guidance may break into the first team squad.
    With the right guidance has a good chance of playing regular first team football.
    With the right guidance will play an important role in the future of the club.
    With the right guidance will play at a higher level than our club.
    With the right guidance will play international football for .........
    With the right guidance will be one of the best players in (region)
    With the right guidance will be one of the best players of their generation.

I know there is a star system and ratings currently but the fact is they are innacuarate. There also needs to be more importance placed on the scouts stats. If they have a judging player potential of 20 then they are more likely to find players who have the last three ratings. It has to be therefore harder for clubs to appoint scouts with high statistics, Blyth Spartans would be lucky to get a scout with judging player potential at 6 while Man Utd and Arsenal will have the 18+ boys. These are just ideas but this area really needs to be improved, apart from that there isn't many problems in my opinion.

Has anybody ever thought about the possibility of a Football manager with the present game engine but starts in 90/01. All players that are destined to sign for clubs like cantona to Leeds, Robbie Keane to Wolves etc.. will happen unless you intervene.

It could be that some transfers are almost impossible to stop i.e. Cantona to Utd as the manager could have some sort of code that means they are really determined to get certain players. The signing of Cantona (god forbid) for Liverpool for example although woul;d be hard but could still be possible.

I would love this. I appreciate the database may well be too big but a new file could be loaded at the end of every season in order for some players to retire and others to become professional or yts players. Or even a european database would be enough with ony the national team players of othernations over the years making the cut.

I would love to win the league with Liverpool in the nineties with Zidane, Romario, Desailly etc... and watching a young ronaldo come through ar PSG waiting to fight of Barcelona for his signature.

Third Team

Will those lovely 90:th+ minute comeback be a part of FM09, too? I mean when the opposite team goes 4-2-4 and scores all the goals they need to tie the game?

First Team Squad Member

I think this might've been mentioned a lot on here, but I'd like to see lower non-league such as Ryman League, Unibond League and Southern League. This is because I support my local team, Cray Wanderers, and always have to edit them into a higher league. AND, Cray ALWAYS has the same players. Bower left years ago, Hannigan left, Martin is now at Maidstone and Abbott is Sittingbourne manager. I want to see Beveney, Whitnell, Aris etc. in the Cray squad, as they should be.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by theboss332 View Post
    I would like to see :
    - more consistancy in performances , seems results are too random , eg testing the same match without changing anything gets a hugely different score
    - constantly opposition players defying there stats , the way some of these players strike the ball are like they have 20 for long shots and shoots with power , despite being a centre back with 10 for long shots.
    - too many early goals , most goals happen in first 3 minutes , whatever happened to sides keeping it tight and working a goal
    - better media interactions , things to make the manager feel appreciated eg some have mentioned lack of recognition despite 20+ years in job
    - more realistic transfer market where poorer players or uneeded players can be picked up cheaper than now , also the AI actually offering realistic bids.
    I'm way late replying but I'm new to this, and have been searching for half an hour to find someone else saying "why so many early goals?" I haven't sat and worked it out properly but it seems about 60% of goals on the game are scored 1st half, but would guess in reality that it is more likely to be 60% in second half. Not that it matters anymore as the match engine in fm 2009 will be different - will just have to see if that little annoyance has been ironed out I guess. Glad it's not just me though!

Lightbulb About Player Abilities

I'm FM fan from Thailand and I have some ideas about player abilities.

I played this for 3 years but still never know about the meaning of some abilities.

Who has more "conner" mean he can score from the conner set piece or he can take the conner well. Also the "long throw" ability.

I think it should be in prefer move.

Amateur

@ Erichrom Black-T. The corner attributes mean how well a player takes a corner (accurary etc.), not his ability to score from one.

Amateur

I would definitely like to see a quick physio report when a player gets a little green cross, obviously the accuracy of this report should depend on the physio's stats.

Love the idea of getting a knighthood if you are successful enough, but this should be hard to achieve, perhaps winning two world cups with England would earn it. Not sure what a female manager would get?

I also think transfer deadline day could be improved to reflect the drama of real life. Maybe this will be in FM09

Amateur

manager head - to - head meetings.

It would add to the build-up of a game and also improve manager relationships in the game.

Amateur

I think if you take a job abroad as an english coach the fact that it is not your 1st language should be raised, and perhaps attract negative press - eg. capello, ranieri, ramos even beckham at Real. Also the option to have ur assistant deal with team talks and press during this period.

Amateur

I'd love to see physical abilities be split from technical and mental abilities. Physical ability has nothing to do with football talent and instinct, so it would only be fair to take it as a completely independant area. Just have potential ability, current ability and physical ability.

That way, you don't end up with completely screwed up development just because a player spend all of his potential ability on his technical abilities and has nothing left for physical stuff or vice versa. A player who has all the talent in the world won't suddenly not be able to peak at dribbling or anticipation just because he improved his speed by a bit.
    You also end up with more players of average skill and strong physical abilities, not just the all around average guys you see in FM2008.

It would also be nice to see a closer connection between attributes that are similar to each other, so you don't end up with a fast guy who takes ages to accelerate or needs half the field to turn around.

Semi Pro

I would love a Player/Manager option when your are adding a new manager to the game.

Your stats would be based on the reputation you choose. IE Automatic, Sunday leauge footballer...International Player.
    You wouldn't be able to control him or anything. You would just be listed in your squad. It's common in the lower leauges of football. A few managers have done it up here in Scotland recently. I'm surprised it's not in the game, actually.

Amateur

Ok, first ever post on these forums guys so be gentle...

I've thought for some time that FM could be drastically improved by a 'one-league game' option which allows people with slower computers to play lower leagues without the vastly increased processing that comes with every single higher league.

It's irritating when I play as e.g. manager of Exeter City, get them into the Premiership and Champions League (of course) after a bunch of seasons, but still have to wait ages while the conference trophy results etc. are processed. This compared to playing with e.g. Arsenal, when I can select one league only.

I'm no programmer, but I figure that there must be a reduced version of each league season - that's why, when I select 'Premiership only', FM is still able to come up with three promoted teams from a 'non-existent' Championship.
    I propose the following: to use this latter function for leagues above, not just below, the league you're playing in, and for the game to 'track' your active league up (and down, sometimes) the league structure.

So I could select 'one league only' (better for my struggling laptop), select League Two, take Exeter into the Premiership and never have to sit and wait for results from other leagues - so when I'm in L2 then L2 is the only active league, when I'm in L1 then only L1 is active... you get the idea.

Apologies if this has come up before but a browse through other topics didn't turn up anything.

What does everyone make of this idea?

Semi Pro

Can you not just use Options > Detail Level ?

Lurker

first time posting

im probaly in the wrong section but is there any plans for football manager on the ps3 it has been on the other consoles xbox psp

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by framonkey View Post
    first time posting

im probaly in the wrong section but is there any plans for football manager on the ps3 it has been on the other consoles xbox psp
    FM09 will only be on PC/Mac & PSP, not Xbox 360 or PS3. So no plans at the moment.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by framonkey View Post
    first time posting

Not this year. It's only PC/MAC and the PSP.

Amateur

Cool Network Game Thread

How can we start threads?
    I'd also like one on Network Games.
    Thanks
    Last edited by dassyboy; 12-10-2008 at 19:55. Reason: spelling mistake

Part-Timer

1. It would be good if for FM10 you can have shops and you ca go shopping, if you buy Snicker, Mars bars etc (junk food) for your players then their stats will go down. You have to buy healthy stuff for them to make them better and teach them what to eat and at what times.

2. How about an option in the game to say to your players "Go play some arcade games, go to a club" for morale boost?

3. You should be able to buy drugs and secretly give to your players to make them better, i.e. steroids.

4. Shaving...you should be able to tell your players to have a shave in the game so you present yourself as a professional who wants your team to stay with good attitude.

Third Team

Default Re: Network Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dassyboy View Post
    How can we start threads?
    I'd also like one on Network Games.
    Thanks
    FM Online Forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...sprune=-1&f=20
    You start threads by pressing the "new thread" button at the top of a forum.

How come some people have started posting random questions here?

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Navie View Post
    1. It would be good if for FM10 you can have shops and you ca go shopping, if you buy Snicker, Mars bars etc (junk food) for your players then their stats will go down. You have to buy healthy stuff for them to make them better and teach them what to eat and at what times.

2. How about an option in the game to say to your players "Go play some arcade games, go to a club" for morale boost?

3. You should be able to buy drugs and secretly give to your players to make them better, i.e. steroids.

4. Shaving...you should be able to tell your players to have a shave in the game so you present yourself as a professional who wants your team to stay with good attitude.
    I take it you are joking?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    I take it you are joking?
    He must be, surely?

Third Team

I've got a feeling that all of the random off-topic questions asked in this thread today motivated Navie to make those "suggestions"

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStu94 View Post
    He must be, surely?
    Hopefully!

Amateur

Not sure if it's been said but allow the ability to request match postponements like I think was available in older games (and possibly complain about ref to F.A. too?). I agree there needs to be something to be done with money you earn because otherwise there isn't much point negotiating contracts. I disagree with making percentage odds for league finish i.e. Man United 75% to finish top 4 or whatever, it takes away the fun of being a non-top 4 club like Spurs or Portsmouth, and makes managing a team like United or Chelsea too easy, although I agree there may need to be a bit of realism to league finishes. The board should put up more resistance when you issue an ultimatum and could possibly put up resistance if you choose to resign/retire, they might offer more pay or something.

Quote Originally Posted by plebbo_dom View Post
    @ Erichrom Black-T. The corner attributes mean how well a player takes a corner (accurary etc.), not his ability to score from one.
    Thank you so much.

And how about "long throw".

Diogo is FC but he has this ability 17. I think FC is not going to throw in so how can you explain.

Amateur

Ideas for sounds:

1. Support for mp3!!!!!
    2. Please, made it more variable. For example:

FM_tm_113567_1
    FM_tm_113567_2
    FM_tm_113567_vs - anti-team chants (for example, what will be MU fans chant about Chelsea in MU-Chelsea match)
    FM_tm_113567_vs_126721 - special for one match chant (play only in match 113567 vs 126721)
    FM_pl_13678_1
    FM_pl_13678_2
    FM_pl_13678_vs (same as team)
    FM_pl_13678_vs_124678 (what will be chant Zenit (124678) supporters about Bystrov (13678) who moves to rival club)

Also what about specisic start match sounds - there are champions league anthems, Football March in Russia and others, which play before start whistle.

Thanks

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Eriochrom Black-T View Post
    Thank you so much.

And how about "long throw".

Diogo is FC but he has this ability 17. I think FC is not going to throw in so how can you explain.
    It is their ability to take a long throw in.

Amateur

t

Also a few other ideas of mine are:
    1.) To hire youth team managers rather than a coach and give them a budget from within your transfer budget so they can sign youth players also .... This may need a bit of tweakin hear and there but ppl i ave spoken to seem to like the idea

2.) When networking to be able to set up a friends league , so instead of doin a full season in england with for example 10 of your mates , to just have you and your mates in one league with one transfer window, this would be quicker and gettin to the point of networking ... beating your mates.

What do people think of my ideas?[/QUOTE]

Really like the first idea. It makes perfect sense to me.

Not so bothered about the second idea personally but think it still would appeal to others.

Amateur

A couple of my ideas

1) NOT SUBBING INJURED PLAYERS - i remember on the old games (thinking cm01/02) if a player got injured it wasn't COMPULSORY to make a sub. Now it is. I think they should go back to the old idea as sometimes (say 5 minutes before half time) you don't want to make subs.

2) SQUADS BEFORE GAMES - having to pick your 18 man or 23 man squad the day before each game.

3) PLAYER INTERACTION WITH FIRST X1 - saying to a youth player there on the bench to get experience and probably won't play. Or saying to a player they'll get 70 mins but you need to rest them for next game

4) PLAYERS INJURED IN WARM UP - having players injured in warm up

Amateur

what i would not mind is the 3d imaging that they use on Fox Sports FC (Local Aussie TV Program). also can someone name it for me or a link to it for other to have a look at it.

Amateur

A board member dealing with "enquiries". Don't hassle me with them!

Transfer rumours to only be on players I've or one of my scouts has attended a match for. I don't want them snooping in my private short-list.

No more asking me if love is lost between a former player that never actually played a single game for me since he spent a year in my reserves. And if you do ask me, don't ask me again 10 years later.

First Team Squad Member

I think that Navie's first idea, about diets, may be good with a few modifications. What I mean is, you can sort out your players' diets to help improve their fitness, like Juande Ramos, and you can get complaints from players if you get the diet wrong, e.g they can say that the diet is making them hungry so they can't play, also like Spurs.
    Last edited by wandsfan93; 19-10-2008 at 19:24.

First Team Squad Member

Also, it should be coded into the game that Chelsea have to change their name if they leave Stanford Bridge, because the naming rights belong to the owners of the stadium.

Amateur

Could be an idea for the future, for gamers playing a career game (like me!), to be able to delete or store data, in order to speed up the game should it make the computer run too slow during all the processing. I don´t know exactly what actual data could be deleted or stored, but perhaps player histories (which should be made available again with one or two clicks of a button), old matches and goals, media, news, etc. I don´t know exactly besides the data what actually makes the game run slower as it progresses, but there must or could be some kind of way to set a limit when playing a career game.

Amateur

Default Re: Being able to go back to your favourite team

I think it should be easier to get a job with the team you list as favourite.

I have found that you can start at the lower leagues and have a successful time of it around the world (a bit like Bob robson) and then you want to return to England and manage your favourite team. Unfortunately your reputation seems to be to high and whenever you apply for a job that isn't Chelsea, liverpool or man u they appoint someone else even though your the best man for the job.

If I had West Ham as my favourite team i think it should be easier to go back there and manage, obviously not if id just worked in the conference but if i had the credentials.

Amateur

Arrow Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Happiness:
    Short Term Plans -
    Long Term Plans (get it added please) -
    Media Ability - (do they love or hate you, can you handle the pressure, scandals, bribes, unable to cope etc)
    Achievements - (awards, trophys, bonuses, medals, maybe give us a trophy cabinet screen)

Financial - Do bonuses take into account the scale of the achievement? (Like if Portsmouth won the Champions League I'd say that's pretty big LOL)

Lurker

I don't really come on here often, so if this has been suggested a million times before don't shoot me down.

Personally, I'd love to see a more in-depth set-piece creator. Set-pieces are one of the areas where managers make the biggest difference, so It would be great to be able to have some kind of 2D drawing board where I could direct my players to exactly the areas I want them to be attacking within the penalty area.

I find that free kicks on the game can feel as though you don't really have enough control over what's going on, and the list of commands feel slightly limited.

Amateur

On the Set-Transfer Options screen, there are options radio-selectors for accept/reject all bids etc

but there isnt a way of controlling bids involving exchanges, also the only loan option is too restrictive as it restricts other options you may prefer to select

rather than use the single-choice selectors currently in place, would it be possible for them to be changed into check-boxes (active for ticked, inactive for unticked) with some additional options

new options:
    Accept all Exchange Bids
    Accept all Loan Offers involving Future Fees

Amateur

I would like to have:

1) possibility to edit the leagues and their rules: for instance I would like to modify the serie A as it was 15-20 years ago (only 18 teams instead of 20, only 3 foreign for every team etc.)

2) the possibility to choose where to bring the team for the preseason (who played "The Manager" knows what I mean), about trainings I would also like them to be more specific and I liked the idea of a dietist and a psychologist in the staff

3) the option to be president and at the same time manager of the team, creating it from the scratch: so choose also the other member of the board and create all my club by myself (buy the stadium, the training center, sign players and coach staff...)

4) option in the editor to make all the players FREE TRANSFER (this I think it could be available also for this version with a patch, am I wrong?)

Amateur

In general I think that an editor more flexible would be a HUGE improvment and I think it wouldn't be too hard to make it.

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 80 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast