Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DannyT2k:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by supa_smiffy:

I'd like Sigames to ban all ****wits who fail to search before creating threads.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/3672033571

********, if he has an opinion he should just say it. Why should he look through 200 threads first? Not everyone is as anal as you, or cares. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree completely, plus the search feature isnt exactly top class.

Originally posted by DannyT2k:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by supa_smiffy:

At the time of posting my previous message the thread I linked was literally four places down.

Doesn't matter. If he wants his own thread then he can have it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but him making a new thread when there is already one open just pushes other threads down which need more help than this one

Personally I was thinking that FM2007 should have a feature in it that is only active for the first six weeks and allows you to play the game but, at the same time, type in what you'd like to see in FM2014 and it posts it to these forums for you! angryfire.gif

Sorry, probably the wrong thing to do there but I just find it amazing that these threads pop up (multiple times) so early in the life of the previous incarnation.

I know everyone starts playing and there are those that immediately have gripes, whines, or genuinely positive suggestions, but I just find it incredible how quickly they can 'move on' from what has just hit the shelves

• SI Staff
Originally posted by flipsix3:

Sorry, probably the wrong thing to do there but I just find it amazing that these threads pop up (multiple times) so early in the life of the previous incarnation.

I know everyone starts playing and there are those that immediately have gripes, whines, or genuinely positive suggestions, but I just find it incredible how quickly they can 'move on' from what has just hit the shelves

The sooner the better really. If it's left until we 'announce' the game then we've already decided what is going to be in it so there aren't likely to be any major additions on top of that.

Ideas for the future are always welcome

Originally posted by flipsix3:

haha, I'm sure SI don't mind a month after one is out we're already looking forward to buying the next one. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by FrazT:

The facility when you have used your 3 subs to drag a player who is injured or one with the dreaded green cross to the side of the pitch to take no further part in the game.

I thought you could do this already? I can't remember exactly how though, I think you have to make a fourth sub and it pops up a warning message giving you the choice to withdraw the player instead or something.

Originally posted by bigdunk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

The facility when you have used your 3 subs to drag a player who is injured or one with the dreaded green cross to the side of the pitch to take no further part in the game.

I thought you could do this already? I can't remember exactly how though, I think you have to make a fourth sub and it pops up a warning message giving you the choice to withdraw the player instead or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks- will try this next time it happens.

Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flipsix3:

The sooner the better really. If it's left until we 'announce' the game then we've already decided what is going to be in it so there aren't likely to be any major additions on top of that.

Ideas for the future are always welcome </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and preferably in separate threads.

I would like to see the following -

The Ryman Southern and Northern premiers.

Luton Town a good club.

Pre match team talks.

More to do with training, such as viewing players train to help your squad selection.

Other angles to view matches with, (CM is putting this into the game)

Less silly transfers, such as Manyoo signing Gudjohnson for 40million£.

That would all be nice!

Originally posted by acidmonkey:

something i would like

when offerd a contract from a different club for example im liverpool and real madrid offer me the job i want a option on Sack ass man and bring current one with me

You go to your current AM, sack him, then hire your old one. Why do you need a button to do it for you?

You can't just ignore the financial aspects of this stuff because it suits you to do so.

Agents agents agents!!

They are an integral part of football today and as this series aims to simulate the real life footballing world i find it amazing that agents are still barely in the game!

The only involvment that i can see in agents is to occasionally send u a clip of a player, or invite you to make an offer...and even thats only once every other season at best. Or simply having the agent mentioned when carrying out contract negotiations is not enough.

You should be able to contact agents of footballers to see if they'd be interested in joining as is the norm in modern day football, regardless of whether its legal or not! They should also play a part in making the player unhappy, and hence reducing the asking price or at least increase the willingness of the team to sell to you.

If there was a way to run leagues below a certain level (of a country with Normal detail leagues already selected) as basic detail I would love it. Something like:

Premiership to League One- Normal detail

League Two to Conference - Basic detail

Conference North/South - Not selected

Would be nice, seeing as we already have basic leagues, though I'm not sure if its doable.

Just a thought but for future versions of the game maybe si wants to put a difficulty level on the game. That way they will not alienate their consumers and my stress levels will come down.

You could have an easy (youth team) level, a back to the old days when you did'nt really need to know a great deal about trg or tactics and still have a little success.

Then a moderate (reserve team) level, a basic knowledge of both required to be able to enjoy some glory.

Finally a fm 2006/7 (first team) level, a Fifa coaching badge, a masters degree in sports science and the time available to watch every minute of everygame for any chance of any success what so ever. Even then be prepared to have it all ripped away with a 45yrd screamer to the top corner in the last minute.

Maybe then i might feel like playing the game i love at the level that's pitched for me. No one could complain because they would just be told to go and play it on the easier level that's more appropriate to their management abilities.

The newbies can get a foot hold in the game without having to spent a life time searching forums for scraps of advice on how not to get thrashed.

The moderate user that's played the game for a while but has not the time or maybe the effort can still enjoy the game.

Finally the tactical genius's and die hard fans of the game will have a level that will drive their cogs into overdrive.

In all one game that is for everyone

Originally posted by monsterhyde2:

Just a thought but for future versions of the game maybe si wants to put a difficulty level on the game.

Never going to happen.

SI have said they have ideas as to how to make things easier for new gamers (being able to solicit staff advice on every aspect of the game strikes me as a logical one), but difficulty levels are just nonsensical in game like this.

Originally posted by Kyle Jenner:

the option to buy a youngster then loan em back to the club for a year as part of the season... or can you already do this?

This is something I really want to see as well. For example, if you're buying a stand out youngster from a team in a lower division, as an incentive (like a sell on fee or a buy back price) you should be able to give them the option of being able to take the player back on loan for another 12 months or so.

The other thing I would like is the ability to release a media comment pushing a player for international selection in the media if they are uncapped and performing above a certain rating.

Originally posted by Dave C:
[...] but difficulty levels are just nonsensical in game like this.

Because its so focused on 'realism'?

Some day I'll do a full review of FM for some strategy game sites, and one of the things I'll be 'whining' about will be the focus on 'realism', often at the expense of either sense or fun. Don't get me wrong; I think FM2006 is one of the best strategy games I've ever played, but I think some priorities need sorting out.

For instance, its 'realistic' to have scouts at a club. But if you're going to implement this, they should be either realistic or usefully fun, and hopefully both, when they are currently neither. How can one suggest that "We have to have scouts because to just use a player list wouldn't be realistic" and then keep the Player Search feature anyways? There are a lot of anachronisms and broken bits in the game that either should be wiped clean in 2007 or 2008, or actually made useful.

1. Scouts (should do something useful and/or realistic).

2. Manager Profile (should do something useful and/or realistic).

3. Tactics should be made useful without consulting an (unavailable) Rosetta Stone of slider translations.

4. Tactics should be realistic, but most importantly, FUN to use. IE, they should be the tactical element in a strategy game, not the mystery meat in a simulation game.

5. Tactical gameplay should give some feedback to the player about what is working and what is not. Don't tell me that one should:

a. "Watch the matches in Full, then you'll see" or

b. "Analyse the match/player stats correctly, then you'll know"

because as a former coach and longtime strategist I must say to these suggestions "Phooey!. Since we don't know how to change our player's behaviors with the mystery sliders, we can't gradually approach a fine-tuning of tactics. The strategic learning curve here is disturbingly absent."

6. Improve the 'Notes' feature so that:

a. You don't have to click twice just to make a note or look one up. This, and note organization, should be handled auto-magically by our invisible computerized secretaries. Notes on players should appear when you have a screen open with said players, and notes should be available to be kept automatically (Click to make a note of every Key Pass made during the match, for example).

b. Notes and training can work in conjunction to create a useful and 'pretty' html journal or blog to be read while away from the game and shared online to boost SI's profile and profits.

c. Did I mention that Notes should be made more useful?

7. My personal suggestion is to add both difficulty levels and a bit more 'gaminess' to the game such as:

a. Fictional uses for your salary would add long-term goals for the computer game player and make the game a little more competetive between people, which would increase its popularity severalfold.

b. Fictional 'bust-ups' and other shennanigans at a club or between clubs, with press, or whatever.

8. Some day, make a 3D graphics engine, even if this means selling your 'engine' to a current game and partnering. The year you do this, hire a new Management for your own company and buy stock, 'cause your **** will sell like the crack we all know it is already, those of us who don't need the 'pretty factor' to enjoy it.

Tha's a few.

Originally posted by smacksim:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

[...] but difficulty levels are just nonsensical in game like this.

Because its so focused on 'realism'? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to p*** on your chips following your lengthy reply (which actually contains some total nonsense, but I can't be bothered with that right now), but no. Believe me, there's not a single person on these forums that has more in-depth critique of the game under his belt than me. So "realism" is not my reasoning.

My reasoning is very simple. How do you put difficulty levels in? Exactly what do you do that makes it "easier"? There isn't some underlying number in the game that sets difficulty, just hundreds of different parameters.

You would have to basically re-code the entire game twice over to create the realism levels. It's not a case of just ignoring tactics, giving a player loads of money etc. You have to make your human AI less reliant on you and the computer AI more stupid. Which means completely re-programming the game.

The time and effort required just isn't justified by any potential income growth. You'd waste all your coding time doing that, then not have time to improve anything else, so you'd lose a lot of your existing users. Any potential gains are therefore off-set.

It's nothing to do with concerns over the realism, its to do with concerns over what is actually useful and valid development. And for the volume of work required, difficulty levels don't cut the mustard, not when you can simply add feedback to give more help to new users.

Originally posted by displaced_seagull:

Ryman, Dr Martens and Unibond Leagues

County Cup Competitions

Dave C's Scouting suggestions

Just those three would be fine tbh.

Plus the National XI and that's all I really want. Would love to lift the Surrey Senior Cup with Woking. icon_cool.gif

For instance, its 'realistic' to have scouts at a club. But if you're going to implement this, they should be either realistic or usefully fun, and hopefully both, when they are currently neither. How can one suggest that "We have to have scouts because to just use a player list wouldn't be realistic" and then keep the Player Search feature anyways? There are a lot of anachronisms and broken bits in the game that either should be wiped clean in 2007 or 2008, or actually made useful.

dont get me started on removal of the player search screen !!!!

Originally posted by Macca_SAFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by displaced_seagull:

Ryman, Dr Martens and Unibond Leagues

County Cup Competitions

Dave C's Scouting suggestions

Just those three would be fine tbh.

Plus the National XI and that's all I really want. Would love to lift the Surrey Senior Cup with Woking. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, the National Game XI as well, especially with the Home International Tournement now.

Originally posted by Jay-is-ssoag:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by azenona:

the return of the old CM player search filter, where you can specify x amount of y attributes to filter out. why was it ever removed?

you can still do this i think but its done differently you have to customize filter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It makes it too easy to find the perfect player for your team.

Archived