Further to this, I'd like my scout's/coach's assessment of my own players to grow over time. So if my staff's original PA assessment is, say, 165 but the player's hidden PA is actually 175, after a year or two of getting to know the player really well my staff will give an assessment closer to the real (hidden) PA of 175. Likewise, if I aggressively scout a player or team my staff's assessments will be closer to their hidden PA.
Given how sometimes the relationship between a manager and assistant goes beyond simply being 2 positions at a club, but also with the assistant being a long-term right-hand man to the manager (Clough/Taylor for one, also Eriksson/Grip), maybe there should be an option to be able to hire (and change as you move up the ranks) an ass man for yourself as opposed to just for whetever club you're at. Obviously you'd want to get better ones as you move up the ranks in career games/challenges and maybe the ass man himself would want to move on hismself after a while but otherwise he'd follow you around jobs.
Sorry if this has been posted. I'm at work and can't really look through pages and pages of posts
When selecting Feeder Clubs, you actually get a better choice than 5 clubs. I'd like to be able to select the region (rather than type of feeder club), that the club comes from.
In my last game, I had 2 clubs from Belgium, 2 from Romania, 1 from Ireland, 1 from Scotland and around 4 from England.
At the end of the season, the board cancels one of the deals then only offers me another club from that country once I ask for another one.
Also, whenever I get the option of choosing the type of feeder club i want, I always get response saying feeder club could not be found. Surely I shouldn't have to wait 6 months to wait to apply for a new one.
Anyway in summary
1) Ability to select Feeder club from a specific region
2) To be able to apply for another feeder club straight away if one can't be found at first attempt and not have to wait 6 months.
Get rid of gray players appearing if you run out of players in a position - replace with 'Emergency Academy Promotion' or similar.
One thing that would be interesting to have is say a note, PPM or assistant feedback on players that struggle when playing @ home or more commonly playing away (Not the John Terry or Ashley Cole kind of playing away either ).
Say a striker tends to score the majority of their goals at home but is useless away from home, ala Robinho @ Man City.
It would be interesting to see this developed in game, as it is a fairly common occurance irl....
I would like to see a future version that doesnt need a patch. Maybe get it right before it goes to disk.
I'd like to see improved match analysis tool!
There is much room for improvement. It would be nice to see where your players were positioned on average over the match, where they made runs with the ball, where they missed uncontested headers where they scored headers when challenged...
It would also be awesome to see average of these things over 5 matches half/whole season...
The match analysis tool was announced like major change, new introduction in 2010 and peaple are largely disappointed with it and use it rarely.
A time machine option to take you back 10-20 years. I dont think there have ever been so few ''world class'' players as there are today.
The one thing that's missing for me in FM 2010 is the ability to set specific player instructions for several players at once. For example, like when I can highlight several players and tell them all to rest without doing this for each one individually, I'd like to be able to set "Closing Down" to every forward and midfielder in one go.
A very minor addition, but I'd like to see more reaction animations from players. Arms outstretched in a WTF pose when given a straight red, hands in head when missed an easy chance (the commentary can recognise them), a few more goal celebrations, e.t.c.
I'd like to see substituion icons in timeline below 3D match. It's easy to miss them now.
Also, very nice addition would be possibility to subscribe to results of teams from selected country in continental competitions.
1) introduction of nickname for players and for staff (“el kun”, “wonder boy”, “the special one” and so on...); it could be cool if it's created also a generator of random nicknames also for the regens
2) editor more flexible, possibility to edit every rule for the various leagues WITHOUT CREATE A NEW LEAGUE, BUT JUST EDITING AN EXISTING ONE, possibility to create also international competitions
3) possibility with the editor to create real fan representative (now they're random) and fan groups (like Delije, Vikings, Brigate Rossonere...) with relative hardcore fan percentage and possibility of problems with hooligan behaviours
4) possibility to be at the same time chairman and manager of the team (who doesn't like this option can play just as manager)
5) more tactics available in the editor to be assigned to the managers and coaches; for instance in Italy many coaches play with 4-3-1-2 (3 CM and 1 OM) but in the game is possible only to assign to coaches 4-3-1-2 (RW-CM-LW and 1 OM) or 4-1-2-1-2 (DM, 2 CM and 1 OM)
6) introduction of new characteristics of the players, it should be included the ATTITUDE of the player, if we consider for example two central defenders like Cannavaro and Nesta we should have that Cannavaro is the kind of central defender who likes to anticipate the forward, while Nesta is more attending the forward; the same for defensive midfielders like Mamadou Sissoko and Vieira, the first is always pressing, the second is waiting for the opponent; this natural attitude of the players should be seriously taken in account by the manager when he/she designs new tactics and give instructions to the players
7) change the concept of playmaker that now is in the game, now is the typical offensive midfielder that receive the ball and tries killer balls, but in reality there can be 1-2 players for each team that were real playmakers of their teams, starting the action from the defense or the midfield and often they played in different positions (Sammer was a sweeper, Baresi a central defender, Redondo a defensive midfielder...)
8) a more deep control of tactics, with every aspect under control, the definition of particular
schemes and movements of players
9) a total control of trainings, with the possibility to define the assignments for every day of the week, to practice some particular scheme or special situations such as corners, free kicks...
10) refinement of the interaction with media
11) a game more fast when are selected several leagues and/or are used DDT, trying to use at 100% the modern hardware (i.e. the newests OS, processors, RAM...)
I would like the ability to have another press conference option where you get to type in a full response ... i know theres the part where you can add comments but it's limited and less realistic
In 3D mode, a touchline view, like you were actually in the dugout (ground level with the players) would be brilliant.
re make the training system from the very start and give auto option to rest players day after a game. (rest players shold realy rest)
The ability to interact with the team capatain and ask his advice on team morale and happiness.
The one thing that I would like to see in FM is to get of a feeling of accomplishment after winning leagues and cups. Right now it is kind of anticlimactic to have won the Champions League and then only getting a news message from the board talking about focusing on future challenges or something like that. Why not have something like a trophy room in the history of the club and on your own history. Just having a screen with some simple pictures or cg images of the trophies won by you or the club your working would be a nice addition.
Maybe also have a news message along the lines of hundreds of thousands flock to the centre of 'city name' to see 'club name' lift the 'competition name' trohphy.
I would like to be able to set a different direct freekick taker to my indirect freekick taker, so that I can have my striker take the direct shots on goal, but have him in the box for the indirect or wide freekicks.
To help with team talks:
Could there be an option to hire a sports psychologist? This person could advise along the lines of "Robinho is very ambitious and looking complacent. He needs to be told that you're angry with his performance to raise his game for the second half" Or maybe if you have a sports psychologist on the books you get a little circle next to your team talk which is green for a positive effect, yellow for neutral and red for negative. Or if this level of feedback is too in depth then he only feeds back on the 3-4 most undermotivated players in the team.
This is a good summary but in fact I like that kind of game.Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr
FM10 seems to be a "develop the players you have / the next crop of regens into a team of Pele's, meanwhile make your inherited donkeys unbeatable by micro-tactic managing"
I had the most spell of success in fm2008 where I just had to buy decent players and coaches; play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 narrow with NO PLAYER INSTRUCTIONS and all sliders at middle.
After 2-4 seasons you will win ALL with Aston Villa, Fiorentina, Villarreal or similar teams.
On the other hand FM2010 is a bit too complicated.
Player instructions need to deffer even when you just substitute in min 75. They need to get the best out of your player, make him work for the team, fit your tactics, gel...
Effects of team gelling, foreign language, different football style, complacency, personality are overrated and exaggerated. In real life we know from papers that it affects big clubs, and that they are blamed for underachieving but this does not mean you need to be psychologist to manage a football club, and that a player 2 or more years already in the club disrupts the dressing room atmosphere just to harm his manager personally. I mean people payed over 1.5 mil a year must be more professional than that in real life.
Some things are missing - like better board interaction. Benitez must be able to say come one I just need 65 grand to cover sign on feel for this exciting prospect. He will serve you well even when I'm gone.
Effects of training are unclear, as are the effects of tutoring, loaning and so on...
There is just not enough guidance and tips in game, you need forums to learn to play it...
Press interaction is a big nonsense. It is important in real life but its effects on players and handling it is just poorly simulated in FM2010.
Player interaction is poor and totally scarce. It is lacking choices. All you can do is fine, promote, give new contract, give a press release and recommend preferred move/signing. COME ON - managers in real football spend over 4 hours 6 days a week 11 month a year with their players. They talk, they fight, they lough, the hug and they swear at each other...
As far as 1.3 goes it is an improvement and manager 2010 was not a finished game without it. One shameful exception is the corner flaw. But 1.3 is worth trying for any disillusioned players.
In future it would be nice to see FM grow into easier to learn game, that has tendency to simulate reality. It becoming an arcade game would be a disaster.
Last edited by Konfuchie; 16-03-2010 at 12:36.
a remade motivation system..plays too big a part in this game and far too hard to get it right. i just think its completely unrealistic the amount of effort you have to put in just to get these idiots to actually play properly, theyre completely unable to self motivate and have to hear EXACTLY what they want for them to even do something resembling football... -_- other than that ****ed up area of the game, i think the tactical systems goin in the rght direction
I got some suggestrions as well but i did not read all the 56 pages of this thread, so some of them might be mentioned already:
- add an option to pause on minor injuries during matches
- add customizeable rules for the first team selection
- add one extra shortlist where only players are being put in that had been marked by me (the shortlist gets spammed with all kinds of players right now and i have to clear it very often)
- add an option to delete scout reports older than x months OR at least adjust (or delete) the player rating every 6 month
- add a filterrule to sort players by the estimated transfersum
- easier PPM-training-selection (highlight those PPM's that might be learned by a player)
- when selecting many players and some of them are not scoutable i can't give scoutingorders in the rightclickmenu, instead i have to find the appropriate player and remove him from my selection which might take some time; why not have the rightclickmenu appear and only apply it to those players scoutable
- add an option to share scoutingorders on multiple players equally between all available scouts (let's say i want to get a report on 20 players for the next day, right now i have to select the first 4, oder scout #1 to report on them, select the next, give orders to scout #2 and so forth)
from looking at the hidden attributes of players with a PA of 180 + on Genie Scout it seems that there are very few that have poor values for Pressure, Ambition etc, So I think that regens with very high PA should be the same, obviously not all of them but the majority at least.
There is one addition I would like to see and it relates to transfers and a player's profile at a club you are managing. When you set a player's transfer status ther are two option to either set a player to "Transfer Listed" or "No Option Set". In older verions of FM and it's predecessoprs there was a third option to set a player to "Not for sale". This option should be re-instated.
A few things come to mind:
1. Dynamic league reputation. Maybe the problem is that right now leagues are rated on a 20 point scale. If they're rated on a 100 point scale its easier to capture subtle changes in league quality.
2. I think it would be cool to be able to start a new game before the beginning of the transfer window.
3. I would like to have the option to sign a player but then immediately loan him back to his original club for a season or two.
4. Player interactions could be fleshed out a bit more.
1. Incremental save button and hotkey. What I mean with this is, when you go to save your game, there should be a save option which automatically creates a new save with a higher number on the end. So if my save is called 'MySave' when I use the button it will create a new save file called 'MySave01', then 'MySave02' etc. I should also be able to set this up as a hotkey.
2. When the news item appears about your scout finding x amount of players, there should be a report link for each player embedded in the news item. The way it is now, I have to click the players name then click report.
Neither are a big deal but both would save lots of clicks.
I would like to see a player roll around in agony from blocking a shot with his face or his tackle. in 3d match engine of course
I'd like to be able to use Keyboard Shortcuts to select my teams.
I have 3 or 4 teams setup,
It would be nice to press CTRL 1 or CTRL 2 to select the teams I've made.
I've asked many times for Keyboard Shortcuts to be added to the game. I'd much prefer to have full control over all functions in the game using Keyboard Shortcuts.
(I know there are some Keyboard Shortcuts you can edit)
1. In game calender (Personal Secretary) to set up reminders to change training schedules, cancel non-preset rest periods, Trial End Dates or Short Period Loan End Dates. At the moment I have to remember certain things. If I could just have a reminder come up on the chosen game date it would stop me missing certain things.
2. Ability to assert authority over unruly players who refuse to follow your wishes, eg. learning new moves or going on loan.
3. Random sponsorship conditions. i.e required to to tour certain country or sign x number of players from certain country (Everton's previous shirt sponsor deal required them to take two chinese players into their squad for a certain contract period)
I want FM to partner EA for Fifa
Well, I just think I may have an interesting suggestion regarding the tactical system (of the next FM possibly). At the moment I am able to tell eg. my ML and MR to swap their positions during the game. An interesting idea would be to enable the player to set some 2 or 3 entire tactical systems and to swap the whole systems during the game. I know it is partially possible as I can save and load tactics, but it's still in the tactical menu, not the game screen, and finally I can't do it with the same effectiveness as it is with swaping players' positions (the somehow do it themselves). The examle of this is: I play with the asymetric 4-2-3-1 system. I have a DMC, an MCL, an MR, a AML, an AMRC and an SC and I would like to tell my players to, for example, change the system a few times in the match so that the AML becomes an ML, the MR an AMR etc. This would be a subtle change but would make my team much more unpredictable. It would be realistic too (managers do prepare different types of their teams' tactical systems). What do you think of this?
It's been mentioned before, but it's worth saying again. When a manger leaves a club, whether he's sacked or he resigns, he is often (or always) put on the of disfavored personnel and I've never been able to go back to that club in future seasons. This happens in real life with some frequency. Here's just one example, but look through most clubs' histories and you will see this with frequency. Please change this in 2011?
The ability to sue, or be sued.
This happens in real life football, and I think clubs should be able to take each other to court based on what they believe to be illegal player transfers etc.
Also, clubs/managers should be able to take each other to court. Like with Curbishley and West Ham to do with the sacking and such. Would make it more realistic.
On a completely different matter, I think it would be fun for the manager, coaches and physio(s) to be seen in the dugout as well as the subs. In general there could be various entertaining/realistic dugout possibilities - players warming up, managers leaping up and down hysterically bellowing at the players or complaining to the fourth official and so on. You could even have managers sent to the stands.....
Whether the manager/coach/physio figures were male or female would be determined by their game gender, of course!
May i ask something because i am new to this forum? are the wishlists here ever read by the developers? are the ideas you all guys have going to be taken into consideration?
I'd like to have a Tactics Sandbox. A non-game and non-friendlies place to try different tactics (formations, shouts, etc). I'd also like to have more coach/asst. manager feedback in this sandbox about what tactics are working, what tactics aren't, suggestions about formations and about which players should play together, and etc. I know this doesn't exist in "real" life, but I equate it to drills "real" managers would run in practices and also to the hours and hours of game footage "real" managers can watch in order to figure out their tactics.
I think a sandbox is a great idea.
I'd also like the assistant manager to point out that players are under a certain fitness level before proceeding to a game?
At the moment you can go to a game with players in Orange Injury Mode to the pitch, where you might want to change them.
Sometimes, you can erroneously hit the space bar too many times and the game proceeds.
Just a little thing, don't let the team selection go ahead if players are under "90%" fitness, for example.
Of course you could change this if you don't have any players over 90%.
I would like to see the scouting knowledge of the scouts go back as it used to be. Don't see the point a scout get the knowledge bar (of a country) full just to disappear in less then a season.
The ability to buy someone, but loan them straight back to the club, i.e over Work Permit issues. E.G Tottenham buying Kyle Walker from Sheffield United and loaning him straight back.
When a team is interested in one of your players, and you offer a deal for one of their players, who is of less value then the player they're interested in, and you offer a P/EX deal, they dont come back with a negotiation of £10m plus the player.
Bayern Munich are interested in Maxwell.
I offer the Maxwell in P/Ex for Holger Badstuber.
They then dont come back with a ridiculous negotiation.
Last edited by Suggy33; 18-03-2010 at 17:46.
I reckon this has already been mentioned but its the one thing really lacking in the game imo:
Asking a player to focus specifically on one/two attributes in training instead of a whole category. This could work just like ppms, and the longer a player is focusing on a particular attribute the more it goes up, in addition to any gains he would get to it normally.
I'd like to be able to tell other managers directly where to go when they state an interest in one of my players
"Alan Shearer declares interest in Sheff Wed's Pereira"
"Sheff Wed's manager tells Alan Shearer to jump off something high-up"
Also, before a major international tournament, there should be more options in preparing your squad. For example, say I am about to take England to the 2010 World Cup; there should be a couple of weeks before the tournament where I can arrange a friendly on any day (like the pre-season for clubs); so for example I could tour a continent, for example playing African clubs away prior to the tournament so my players get used to the climate. You should be able to set your own training schedules (I don't see why national teams have coaches...) and choose where your team's base is; and maybe even setting a "discipline" level; so how much freedom your players get. So you be like Capello and thoroughly restrict them, and perhaps risk your players getting upset and homesick, or go all Steve "Shmoke and a pancake" McLaren on them and let them have freedom, but risk a lack of concentration, or even a Flintoff-style pedalo incident.
What about when you're ban from the touchline by the FA for something such as critisizing a ref, or when you appeal against a red card for a player, you should be able to make a case against the bans, rather than it just being randomly generated
[QUOTE=Red Owl;5012605]I'd like to be able to tell other managers directly where to go when they state an interest in one of my players
"Alan Shearer declares interest in Sheff Wed's Pereira"
"Sheff Wed's manager tells Alan Shearer to jump off something high-up"
I like this a put up or shut up response "Make a bid or shut up because all your doing is printing newspapers" or "Alan Shearer offered me anyone on his team for this player" That could unsettle their whole team I'd like to hope.
Then they can respond in the press or actually make a bid.
would me nice to get a report during game from your physio on injured players with a +.
player gets injured but can still play, and physio tells me pulled his hamstring, but can keep playing ,but may increase further injury....etc...
A free moving camera that we can grab and drag
I also hate when I'm a big club and it doesn't let you add more than one feeder team per year, even if you cancel em.
Also would love just all round more user input...mainly press conferences and opposition instructions, and team talks. Also would love them to expand on the current in game controls for the managers...like a celebrate like a loony instruction. But more seriously the ability to shout at players individual instructions if you see a problem. Would also love to be able to wind up other managers, e.g. Wenger and Curbishley etc etc
And one more thing (for right now) would be the choice of travel expenses as a real world choice. I.E. choose do you want to go down night before, fancy hotel etc etc and how does this impact budgets. This would be especially fun at lower league clubs to see how much you can strip costs down by.
I would also like to see mid season training camps added w/a positive impact on fatigue. seems like IRL a lot of clubs go to La Manga or Portugal for a midweek break in the middle of the year, would like to see that added.
Plus playing national teams on a tour for extra $$ obviously, but United have done it for years.
Surely some of these may have been suggested already. Still, here goes:
- For lack of a better name, I'll call this floating slider adjustments. To explain with an example, say I want to set my team tempo two notches above the standard setting given my tactics. So, when I change my tactics (via shouts or whatever), the new team tempo increases or decreases as well, remaining two notches above the standard for the new tactics.
- Furthermore, I want some of the adjustments to be "programmable", so that player instructions adjust automatically according to the player in a certain position. For example, I want to tell the computer to automatically reduce my AMC's long shots one notch if his long shot attribute is below 15.
- A better way to set up set piece instructions. Assigning roles according to attributes as opposed to positions would be a start.
Put the Match of the Day team on the game and other journalists so you can be interviewed on match of the day and then you can read what Linekar, Lawrenson and Hanson all said about you on the program
The main think is to make the match engine as good as an can be, so that the way a team really plays is reflected in game. It's weird seeing Vallancienne FC ping it around like Arsenal.
But apart from the match engine stuff;
Training-The ability to try our different formations/partnerships/tactics in training. If you take over a club in pre-season who you don't know much about IRL, then the friendlies are often not enough to see what is best for the team. With training, you'd be able to see how things work between two defenders for instance, or strikers. I don't want to spend hours on daily training, but just to have a little more immersion and feedback from it other than the arrows pointing up/down/forward etc, and a monthly ass man feedback which is usless.
Also, the option to give players more varied training during the week-i.e;Mon they do set pieces/tactics/ball control, on tuesday they do strength/aerobic/defending and so on. Obviously we'd choose and decide what is best for the players, considering upcoming matches etc, but as it is i don't believe the game woul react to us, the player, doing this in the game as it is. It needs to be a simple format ansd have direct consequences for the upcoming games. If we need to shut out a team who are far superior, we mostly train tactics/set pieces/fitness in the previous days. also, automatically give players wo played the day off after a match, and allow us the option to incease that day, and rest the others who didn't play.
And of course, sort the transfers out please!!! But mostly the match engines bugs, and make the player interaction more dynamic and organic
you should be able to back world cup bids just like the england 2018 world cup bid and choose the staduims
Also another thought, your u18's manager should actually provide a stat/page of info about each youth teamer. This could/should include:
1) How ready they are to handle physical demands of first team football
2) Ready to make step up to reserve's or lower league first team
3) Technical proficiency (e.g. a lot of Arsenal's team may be technically and skill wise ready but physically nowhere near)
4) Better comparison to current players/targets - i.e. at current rate of progress will be ready for first team in x amount of years/games/never ready etc
5) More adaptable and focussed training to work on targeted areas for youth team. i.e. if not yet physically ready then put in more time to weight lifting etc
6) Ability for youth team manager to be able to devise more individualistic training schedules
7) I've posted before about shifting excess budgets around (mainly to pay off loans that cripple the club), i would like to be able to plough x % of transfer budget to youth development. This seems more realistic, especially the teams like Crewe, West Ham and the like who are doing this and continue to. It really is a business model and much more like real life.
I don't think these are too unreasonable and would love to see them added.
Also have a question: where did these laws come from regarding u18 players at certain countries being unable to move till 18? It doesn't seem like this happens all that much.
Would also love to be able to build academies etc abroad ... not that realistic but seems best way to replicate way Wenger has an affinity for the young Africans.
Also feel like Asia is still an untapped resource for players...i send scouts to china and out of 1.3 billion people there are never any talented youngsters...seems somewhat unrealistic. not even talking about with say Yankchester United, but even with Wigan, or Crystal Palace
Keep up good work on FM 2011
Dear God! Just make the team able to STOP THE DAMN BAD RESULTS STREAK. I got sacked in at least 3 saves after overachieving for multiple seasons. Just get unlucky with the draw and get 4 tough opponents in a row and you are screwed.
Mainly, just when the chairman accepts a bid over your head, they should request a selling on clause AT ALL TIMES!
I would like this simple request. When I send more than one scout to scout a competition, I don't want them to watch the same game and come back with the same recommendations.
At present you can make as many tactical changes during the course of a match as you like. You can change the formation ten or more times if you wish swapping player positions and changing their individual instructions each time.
In reality once the match has started managers are reduced to shouting instructions from the technical area and because of this their instructions have to be short to the point and basic.
At half time managers have only fifteen minutes to make any changes they want to the shape and style of the teams play and give words of advice and encouragement.
These constraints on a manager’s ability to influence his team once they’re playing are not adequately reflected in the game.
My suggestion is three fold firstly a revamp of training so formations mentalities marking schemes; tempos etc all have to be learnt in training. I.e. If you want to use two formations during a season you need to train the team for them. You can devote equal time to both but neither will get the maximum benefit. If on the other hand you devote all your training to 4-4-2 then the team will be very proficient in that formation but will suffer a significant penalty if you choose to go 3-3-4 when chasing a match.
Like wise marking do you train zonerly or man marking and do you train intensively on the marking system at the expense of other tactical options the offside trap, counter attacking etc.
My second idea is to limit the changes that can be made during a match to touch line shouts only and to restrict the tactical changes that can be achieved via them to less then the full tactical screen can accomplish. During the game you can shout at your back line to push up but not specify exactly how high the line should be.
My last suggestion is that the fifteen minute half time interval limits how much a manager can do and the game should reflect this by making every tactical change or individual team talk use up an allocation of time. I feel that would introduce a new tactical decision to the game do you spend time telling the full backs to close down higher up the pitch or do you put your arm around the nervous young keeper making his début and try and give him some confidence
I'd like to be able to unlock "Classic matches". So for example, the Stanley Matthews FA Cup final.
You could view it like a saved match, but it's FM representing a real life match in its simulator.
FM to fix the awards thingy at the end of a season. It's just stupid to be honest. Norwich manager wins Manager of the Year for taking Norwich, 5-1 favourites to win the title and predicted first to win the title. Me, guides predicted 24th team to second and I don't even get in the top three, but Notts County's manager, who comes sixth and was predicted 7th, does. Then, in my Ton Pentre Career, finish my first season (started unemployed, got first job at start of second season) 5th when predicted 17th and guide the team to both the Loosemores League Cup Final and Welsh Cup Final, George Shaw who took over in late December 10 points clear at the top wins Manager of they year for winning the title and guiding them to one final (they are already in the League Cup Final) with 1 game to go.
Player awards are even worse: my centre back who has been in every team of the month (with the exception of April, where he only played one game) and has the highest average rating for a defender doesn't make team of the season. He isn't even shortlisted for player of the season. I just don't understand. :S
Like the classic matches idea, there should be at least one for every professional club in the major footballing nations with a couple of others but that may take a few years. I'd take around just ten, as long as a Leeds game (preferably the FA Cup Centenary Final) is in it.
my wish for the new fm would be to implement a set piece creator using the 3d match engine!!!
how i think it should work would be as normal you have the player settings on left like near post flick etc, and on the right you have the 3d view with a little play/reherse button of some sorts so you can fiddle around with different player settings to see what gets you scoring!!
the amount of people on the forums asking how to setup corners or free kicks is crazy there should be a way of tinkering and having a visual view of how your settings work..
(all be it yes it wont work against every team but thats football)
the over thing i think needs to be done is defensive throw in setups, with the likes of the rory delap throw becoming more common you should be able to setup players the same way you can defensive free kicks/corners it just needs to be in the game...
Am I the only one who thinks the analysis screens obscure more than they clarify? That would be an area to fix.
Some simple suggestions for the editor mode:
When you are creating a new player:
- while choosing what his skin and hair colours are, there should be a little picture of what you guy will look like using the 3d engine.
- you should be able to add photos for people. If there's a licensing issue over some players, why not make it so you can only add pictures for players you've created?
- when you are editing the attributes of players, you should be able to get a little description of what each ones entails. I find too many of them too vague, for example I assumed that a Temperament of 20 would result in a volatile player, but actually that would be a temperament of 1.
i also think more realistic if more agent involvement were added.
Also ability to criticize players for speaking out in media etc
Possibly need to add image rights to contracts, e.g. Cristiano Ronaldo
My wishlist is pretty straightforward:
1. More options for player interaction, being able to take the team out for parties, restaurants, etc to improve squad morale. Also being able to hold squad meetings when reports appear in the press about a player being upset about lack of discipline, etc
2. a set piece editor and improved training - the feedback from the current training doesn't really say enough. for example, the ass man report tells me that a player has dropped in pace, but goes into no more detail. In my game I have a number of older players where this kind of drop is to be expected - it would be nice if the report reflected that, somethng like:
"player x has dropped in his pace this month, but given his age is still training as well as can be expected"
3. rather than having the board tell me I am allowed x coaches and y scouts, give me a staff wage budget and let me decide what kind of staff i want to employ.
4. training camps - one of the few features i like in fifa manager is being able to send the players off to training camps for a couple of weeks.
5. When a player is red carded and the post match action message is opened, a button to opena detailed view of the incident before deciding whether to appeal the decision, impose a fine, etc. Also a note on the screen saying "this player has had x red cards and y yellow cards this season, the last incident being ..." showing the last match prior to this incident where he was carded by the ref.
6. A calendar where I can actually make a note of things that are coming in the future, like where a scout report states ".. approach the player on a precontract in 6 months". It would be good to be able to set a reminder for that date.
sorry if this has already been suggested but how about an option to learn a language throughout any part of your career. By doing so it can help boost morale of foreign players with the same nationality as what you have learnt and help with going to clubs in the countries nationality you have learnt (and stop getting asked that stupid question in press conferences about you not having the knowledge of the language).
3 things i want to see in FM11 are.
1.Assistant learns how to give team talks when i holiday.
2.Linesman flagging the correct way.
3A tunnel (i want a tunnel
I posted some points regarding:
Team Clauses, Player Scout Reports, Fixtures, Facility Page, International Teams, B Teams & Youth International Teams (U21 & U19), Interim Manager, Achievement Page, Advances player instructions, Trainings, Finances and Transfers.
But imagine learning a new language by playing FM? That would be great.
(I understood that you meant that it comes up as a stat that you speak a language)
how about ground-share like what Inter and AC Milan do ?
Okay, so I was thinking this after watching my Villarreal team dominate possession and pour 30 shots onto the Levante goal, 20 of which were from long range.
Now I appreciate that this can be a tactical problem, but I play a 4-2-3-1 with 3 AMC's and my 2 MC's, despite being on long shots rarely, and not having any long-shot PPM's just fire it at goal from 30 yards, without even looking for a pass. I find that my tactic works well most of the time, with them hardly shooting, but if they're playing poorly anyway they result to being selfish.
This is one example but there will be many other variants, but basically I'd like to see some sort of developed player-interaction where the manager can effectively say: 'you're not doing what I told you' - you can tell him to do things more or less, or they'll be dropped, or rested until they learn to do it in matches properly. I suppose it's a bit of a furthering of the PPM function, but one that's slightly less rigid and may add some more depth.
Latest scores in return matches - they should include aggregate scores also, and maybe team that is leading on aggregates atm could be hzighlighted in another color.
I'd like to see a box for automatically changing yellow carded players tackling to medium/soft.
Also at the moment if a short term injury happens to a defender another player eg midfielder doesn't drop back to cover that hole. I guess this is more a bug than a change.
I've been thinking about something that would be quite fun (IMO) when the problem with removing you from Legends/Icons/Favoured Personnel gets sorted, it may have been thought of before so I apologise if this is a repetition.
Basically, we always see that when you get promoted or sign a good new player one of the Legends of your team comes out and gives an opinion on it. Well, I'd like to see that implemented with you if you're a Legend or whatever. So if your old team signs a new player or gets promoted, the media come to you for an opinion and you say "Tremendous achievement" or "I could've done it" or "With the money they have it was always expected", etc.
Just a thought.
Nut up or Shut up.
Someone alluded to this higher up the page, and I would have to agree. I spent a whole summer with my attacking midfielder transfer listed by request, valued at £19.5m, 12 months after I'd bought him for £20.5m. Every news report where he said he wanted to leave was finished by "Barcelona are rumoured to be interested". He issued a 'come and get me plea' to Barcelona, I offered him to Barca for £20.5m, and the only offer I got was a cheeky loan bid from Galatasary.
I want to either be able to point out to him that no-one wants him, or tell Barcelona that they should come and make a bid now, not drag it out over the whole summer. I had a similar thing with another player, where Inter declared interest in him for about a year, seriously unsettling him. At no point, did they ever even enquire about him. Something along the lines of "Make an offer, or stop talking about him", rather than just issuing a hands off warning every time.
Depending on Results
Picture the season. There are two games left in the season, and I am two points off top, but with a far superior goal difference. After going 2-0 up after 10 minutes in my game, I have no interest whatsoever. The team who is top though, is still 0-0. When all I have to rely on is the latest scores section pointing this out, its incredibly tense.
Could I not have one of the following?
:: I send a scout or coach to the other game, and he has a box (similar to assistants feedback) letting me know how the other game is going. (Just roughly, ie, does anyone look like scoring?)
:: More feedback from the commentary, ie, mentioning that the top side are all over their opponents.
Something I have wanted for a while.
A new stat based around key passes, a "potential assist" if you like. This would be on the selection screen along with Goals Scored/Assists/Yellow/Red Cards etc.
Basically this stat would be telling you how effective your players are at creating goal scoring opportunities, without relying on your crap strikers putting the ball in the net.
eg You play a game in which
Attempts on Goal 10
On target 5
Clear cut Chances 4
You may have only scored one goal in this game, but 4 clear cut chances were created, 2 by player A (who also gets an assist), 1 by player B and 1 by player C
At the end of the game the stats (that end up on player histories) for player A would read
Potential assists 2
I'll shut up now....
I feel that there should be a 'pat on the shoulder' type of option in player interaction. For example, a player beefs off to the media about something and then makes an apology. Under some circumstances it might be a good thing to have an option which would help to mend fences with him.
Small, and easy to implement:
I would love to search players for their natural position.
If i want a winger, i dont want an AMC with accomplished RW etc.
So at the Search Players for Position.
- Is not
I would love to see:
- Is natural...
Can see what players that don't want to take a penalty during a shootout
1. when an opponent is booked or has an injury, I'd like the ability to tell my players to go right at him.
2. when hovering over the goal/card icons at the bottom of the 3d match screen it should tell me who got the card etc.
3. be able to tell my players not to kick the ball out when someone is injured
4. have an option so players booked automatically go to easy tackling.
5. be able to change dead ball takers on the fly
6. when negotiating a bid, I should be able to tell the other team to pay me when exchanging players if my player's value is greater.
7. be able to offer a player to a specific team
8. offer money to teams to take my players on loan.
I want to see an improved scouting for FM 2011:
A list where you specify what you are looking for on the market, say a cheap full back with experience from any national team, and a striker with experience from the Premier Leauge that might be interested to sign for your team in the Championship. Then all your scouts and coaches may recommend players that fits the criterias on that list.
I'm tired, so apologies if my english does not make sense today.
Before you decide on which club to manage it would be useful if you could have some basic financial information. For example, it would help to avoid choosing a club where the only thing you can do is to get rid of players at the start of the season in order to reduce the wages to within the budget laid down by the Board. While some people may enjoy such a challenge, not everybody does and it can be an irritating waste of time having to start all over again.
Regarding the commentary:
1) The start of the second half of the match. We have the kick off of the first half and restarts so why not the second half?
2) Goals scored during the match:
"And <team> are now ahead 2-0". "Nearly half time and <team> are trailing 1-0" etc etc
How about a fixture comparison function? Pretty much in the same vain as they show on MOTD comparing the run in top/bottom clubs have. Naturally there'd need to be a limit (most I have seen on MOTD is 6) and would be helpful to have a filter on it to allow you to include/exclude different competitions i.e. you only want to see their remaining league fixtures or actually the other games that might help/hinder you oppenents (or you I guess)
Would just save having to click onto each team in turn to see who they have to play (and in the most cases forgetting and having to re-check!)
I thought I should put this here too:
I think these are the first areas that need work.
The player positions need to be completely re-done. I like having the players' ability to play in different positions rated as 'natural', 'accomplished', etc., but I think every player should have at least 'ineffectual' in every position on the field. Those light green, dark green, orange, yellow circles on tactics screen should exist at each position on the field for each player, and they should be calculated simply from the players' attributes. And depending on how a player's attributes will develop and shape when he gets older, the colors of those circles should change, in accordance with the training system of course.
Which brings me to the other area that needs to be reworked, and preferebly simplified: There should be templates ready for each positions training, and we should just simply assign each player to the training regime we want. So, lets say I have an 18 year old player who is naturaly a CB, but he is accomplished in DR (again, calculated from his attributes). If I want him to develop as a fullback more, then all I have to do should be to assign him to fullback training schedule, and with time his attributes should start shaping him more into a fullback, e.g. his tackling, dribbling, crossing attributes should gain points), and after some time the game should turn his dark green circle in right back position into a light green one, making him 'natural' there.
I really really hate the fact that just because a player doesn't have any color circle at a position he can't play in that position. For example I have a AM C newgen whose attributes actually fit better to a winger. But he has no circle on AM R, so I start re-training him in that position, and after months when finally a green circle appears there his attributes take a hit. Then if I stop training him in that position, that green circle turns into orange, yellow, and disappears eventually. This current system is just plain terrible, no offense.
Like I said, what needs to be done is, and it is very simple, when a newgen is created, the game should assign 1 natural position to him, and calculate the colors of those circles for all the other positions on the soccer field, and they should be calculated from the players' attributes, including also the versatility attribute in the calculation.
Last edited by Nick Habershon; 31-03-2010 at 13:44.
Hmmm, ok. I've been giving it some thought and after finding myself re-trawling through the tactics guides again after a break from the game I've come up with the idea of a 'tutorial mode'. It wouldn't be mandatory, but rather than a little box popping up to tell you what does what I believe this would be an excellent way to introduce tactics etc to players old and new and so I give you...
The Football Manager Coaching Badge System
When the user starts a new game, they can choose whether they'd like to study Coaching Badges or not - or, if they've previously completed them, they're already assumed to have gained them.
These badges would take place in the period shortly before pre-Season and would combine a talk through of how tactics affect games and highlight, with examples, all the options available to a player. They would also be interactive and maybe even include an exam at the end - to show you were paying attention. This would allow the player 'risk free' time to play around and experiment with the match engine and learn the very basics of the game at least in an 'encouraging' environment.
There would be different ranks dealing with differing levels of tactical subtlety but would be an immersive way of drawing the player in to the game and making them feel as though they're learning as they go. It wouldn't need to be a massive section of the game, maybe 10 mins per badge, 3/4 badges, each one just finessing what's been learnt previously.
Just a thought anyway.
I have just been overhauling my scouts (first "end of season" and therefore a chance to rebuild the background staff) and a couple of things occur to me:
1) at big clubs you can have over 20 scouts which means 20 news items - quite a lot - and if you're like me you'll end up skipping through them unless you need players. I am fairly sure this has been suggested somewhere but can SI introduce a chief scout? His roles would be to
> Compile the reports into a single report (which could be delivered at the backroom staff meetings) split down into recommendations for "First Team Players", "Squad Back-ups", "Hot Prospects" etc and include comparisons against players of that ilk in your own squad. i.e. rather than comparing a squad player recommendation with the star striker it compares him to someone who already fits that bill (or did and has now left?)
> Take on the responsibility for recruiting staff to scout areas - within the interaction you could outline where the club should be scouting (plus he could recommend new areas as the club grows) and then is responsible for ensuring the club has the best staff for that role/area
2) Within the current way of scouting there is no way to review what they are scouting. You can see where but not the filters (i.e. he is scouting europe for U18's etc.) Is there a way that this simple addition could be included?
3) You cannot ammend scout searches i.e. you want them to continue to scout Europe but change the filter to U20's - I know its not a huge issue to stop their existing search and start another but in doing that you lose the reports which is a pain
Just a few ideas! ;-)
I'd also love to see the option of loaning out a new signing and also the option of including a loanee in a tranfer deal, for example if I were Man Utd and wanted to buy Marek Hamsik from Napoli i could have the option of loaning out out of my youngsters as part of the deal. Almost like part exchange only with a loanee?
The role of Chief Scout would be a good addition, too.
Also more interaction with players, tell them what you expect of them as individuals at the start of the season, I'd love to be able to tell my young keeper he'll be back up but play all the cup games and a hand full of league games or my aging centre forward he will become a bit part player / impact sub. And also regarding training, I'd like to specify to my striker i'd like to see him work more on his heading or my keeper to work on his kicking.
I, also, am amazed that there isn't an option to differeniated between free kick takers, i want my winger with crossing of 19 taking free kicks from crossing positions and my striker with 18 for free kicks and PPM of 'Hits Free Kicks With Power' taking them from 25-30 yards out. It would be nice to have them both stand over the free kick and then let them choose between themselves, so one could act as a decoy- leaving the defending team wondering whether 'player x' is going to hit it or 'player y' is going to cross it.
Another thing I'd like to see is during a game when a player takes a knock and get's a green cross over his head, you can click on him and it'll tell you what kind of injury it is. Is it a facial injury which will need stitches or is a pulled hamstring which ideally would result in me bringing him off to stop it getting worse, or if i'm desperate I could leave him on but run the risk of making the injury worse. At the moment there is no way to tell whether it's a bruised head or a thigh strain.
Also PPMs for Keepers, maybe like 'stays on goal line' or 'prefers to punch' or if he's a sweeper keeper then something like 'likes to sweep up behind his defence'. (I'm sure someone else could think of some more suitable PPMs)
And one more thing, it would be good to see fans reaction to a takeover / ownership, do they bend over and take it like Liverpool and Man City or do they protest like United fans? With takeovers more and more common and some clubs having to operate with a heavy debt it would be nice to see fans reactions, do they stay away, do season ticket sales drop, if prices increase- what's their reaction, do they get angry at any refinancing, do they call for the owners to step down ultimately having a big say on the way things are run?
I think difficulty levels should be in.
However, I do not think they should have any effect on the match engine at all - it would be hard to code, lead to bugs and plain wouldn't work. However, they could be in without changing any in game calculation - just get the game to hold users hands a bit more.
For example: You are in match and the assistent comes up with advice relating to us losing the ball too often due to poor short passing, and the user should play more direct.
Very easy - the message comes up as (say we are man utd vs chelsea): 'Our passsing has been poor today. In particular, we have misplaced far too many short passes, especially from our centre-backs. To solve this you should play a longer, more direct passing game, making sure our centre-backs are told to quickly clear the ball upfield.'
Easy: 'Our passsing has been poor today. In particular, we have misplaced far too many short passes. To solve this you should play a longer, more direct passing game'.
Normal: 'Our passsing has been poor today. In particular, we have misplaced far too many short passes.'
Hard 'Our passsing has been poor today.'
Very Hard: Assman advice disabled.
This could be implemented in many areas of the game, from choosing your club, to making your tactics, signing staff, picking your team, transfer negotiations, and many others. On very easy, you will be practiclly told what to do, good for those who know little about football and need lots of help at the start. On very hard, you will get no advice at all - it is all down to your judgement. One other key point - on the easier difficulties, the game should help you get a very good assman (maybe even a perfect one on v.easy) so that he won't give you nonsence advice, even if you are in the BSS/N.
I mean just had two levels:
Normal or easy - the level is for the casual gamer that want to play a few hours without much micromanaging and have fun
So You Think Your Manager? - This is a hard level for hard core gamers, where you micromanage and so on.