Closed Thread
Page 54 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,400 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Third Team

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Quote Originally Posted by Ian1976 View Post
    Once again, there's just too many posts to go through....ugh. lol Sorry - yell at me if this has already been posted.

What I'd love to see is clauses in your manager contract, relating to things like "personnel control" (particularly as it relates to the nubmer of coaches you can bring in, control of recruiting and finances) managerial win bonuses (wasn't that a part of FM 07? Or am I dreaming?), things like that. I'd also like to be able to add titles to my job - i.e. "Manager and Director of Football", but do it in such a way that only when and if your reputation gets to a certain level (national or continental), would those options be available. At some point, I'd like to be able to have a career last long enough where a board takes me on as a "General Manager", and allows me to hire my own manager (by the way - whoever posted the idea of the "job interview"...GENIUS!!!).

Even better, now that the game keeps track of career earnings - I'd love to see a message to the effect that "A consortium has invited you to be part of the group that is considering purchasing (insert bankrupt team here). It would cost you 'x dollars/pounds/euros' as part of your investment, and you would be given the title of (general manager/director/director of football). Do you accept?". And if you accept and were employed, you'd have to immediately resign your current job, and risk not having the takeover you were a part of go ahead.

Thoughts?

-Ian.
    There's a reason the game's called Football Manager, and not Football Director/Chairman.

Semi Pro

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Taylor View Post
    There's a reason the game's called Football Manager, and not Football Director/Chairman.

Someone from across the pond, fill in my knowledge... do managers ever become part owners in real life? Never heard of this. That's why I can't imagine it being a part of FM.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by dankrzyz View Post
    Someone from across the pond, fill in my knowledge... do managers ever become part owners in real life? Never heard of this. That's why I can't imagine it being a part of FM.
    The name escapes me, but there was one owner who managed the club he owned for a few months. But that was merely because he couldn't find a manager.

It doesn't happen irl nearly often enough to justify it going into the game.

My suggestion to anyone who wants to play a game with their "owned" club: go play Fifa Manager.

Semi Pro

The name escapes me, but there was one owner who managed the club he owned for a few months. But that was merely because he couldn't find a manager.

My suggestion to anyone who wants to play a game with their "owned" club: go play Fifa Manager.
    Niall Quinn took over as manager of Sunderland when he bought them simply because he couldn't find a manager. Isn't their rules about chairmen can not become managers themselves?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    Niall Quinn took over as manager of Sunderland when he bought them simply because he couldn't find a manager. Isn't their rules about chairmen can not become managers themselves?
    Obviously not, as we've both heard of it.

Semi Pro

Obviously not, as we've both heard of it.
    Niall Quinn never claimed he was going to be the long-term manager though. Its the same kind of thing as a caretaker manager can be in charge without having any of the necessary coaching badges for a short while, just until they get someone in.

Anyway, I personally would be opposed to becoming a chairman in-game.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    Niall Quinn never claimed he was going to be the long-term manager though. Its the same kind of thing as a caretaker manager can be in charge without having any of the necessary coaching badges for a short while, just until they get someone in.

Anyway, I personally would be opposed to becoming a chairman in-game.
    Same here.

Amateur

-I would like to be able to have variation in your set-pieces. Now you can aim your corner on the far post and set your tall player there, but all corners will be the same. It would be nice if you would have, say three different corner set-ups that will be used in the match.
    -Tactics should be more depended on your training methods. If I let my players train only train their technique and first touch and can't expect them to play kick and rush and throw themselve in every tackle.
    -The option to be a manager in view only leagues. If you want to rush through a game and don't feel like watching matches and tweaking tactics, you should be able to do so.

edit: -players should throw the ball back if a team put's it over the sideline so that a player can receive treatment.
    - referees should give more yellow cards to players who break through the defense but are not yet one on one with the keeper.
    - if a centre back let's a striker escape, the other centre back should cover up and cut off the strikers way to the goal, instead of staying on "his side".
    Last edited by faraow; 28-01-2010 at 15:25.

Amateur

I would like to see more African leagues being added to the game: Angola, Egypt, etc. Such a pity we only have South African league. We need a boost in terms of African leagues. Also, if FM could manage to have Japanese league, would rock.

Part-timer

Probably mentioned before and, to be honest, I'm not sure if it's in the game because I rarely play in Spain but presidential promises would be good. Like Laporta at Barcelona saying if he gets elected he'll buy X player or Perez at Madrid doing the same.

Also, I know chairmen sell players over your head but do they ever buy players over your head? Like Parry (apparently) did with Keane at Liverpool and what clearly happened with Robinho at City?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyGabriel View Post
    Probably mentioned before and, to be honest, I'm not sure if it's in the game because I rarely play in Spain but presidential promises would be good. Like Laporta at Barcelona saying if he gets elected he'll buy X player or Perez at Madrid doing the same.

Also, I know chairmen sell players over your head but do they ever buy players over your head? Like Parry (apparently) did with Keane at Liverpool and what clearly happened with Robinho at City?
    Hmm... kind of what happens when a takeover occurs and a manager of their choice is supposed to replace you.

But it can happen like it was rumored. Some Barcelona players didn't want Robinho to be part of their team.
    For example, if the new chairman wanted to sign a player who was very ambitious and the club is very professional, this could unsettle some players.

Amateur
    Here (occasionally), there (sometimes) and everywhere (all the other times)

Ron Noades was the chairman at Brentford and took over managing the team if I remember correctly.

Amateur

wow where do I start?

This game has gone down hill big style. I suggest they start of with the basics and work their way up. None of the tactics in the last 2 versions worked. So what was the point in putting them in in the first place? Players taking long shots when you tell them not to, Players hoofing the ball when you've told them to do short passing.

The game has become a lauging stock now.

SORT IT OUT SI or give up

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeG1 View Post
    wow where do I start?

This game has gone down hill big style. I suggest they start of with the basics and work their way up. None of the tactics in the last 2 versions worked. So what was the point in putting them in in the first place? Players taking long shots when you tell them not to, Players hoofing the ball when you've told them to do short passing.

The game has become a lauging stock now.

SORT IT OUT SI or give up
    You know, in real life, players don't always do what they're told?

Amateur

Re: immediate replacements for sacked managers

Given recent real-life examples where managers are being sacked and replaced immediately - Hughes/Mancini at City and Ferrara/Zaccheroni at Juve spring to mind - I just thought it would be an interesting feature to add to the game.

I mean this: if another club in the game wants you to replace their current manager, it would be nice to be able to negotiate terms with their board/chairman while their manager is still in place (if you're employed even with your own board's consent after they've agreed compensation with the interested club, much like it is now but with your board actually knowing you're negotiating: Owen Coyle - Burnley/Bolton). Or even extend this to managers whose contracts are running out and which will not be renewed: rather than start looking for a replacement after the contract is expired, the club can already negotiate terms with another manager and have his contract start e.g. the day after the current manager's runs out (just like signing players on a Bosman months in advance).

Just a thought.

Amateur

I think that a great addition to football manager would be so that you could be the chairman of a club and control its managers. you also have other duties such as looking for new investors and the keeping the club running smoothly. you could accept bids for players and bid for other players and try to build a relationship with the manager. you would keep the stadium and training ground running etc and i feel this would be a great thing to have in football manager 2011.

Amateur

i would like to see a feature where you could say be a team reserves manager or youth team manager

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by taylorsmen View Post
    Hopes for FM11 - A tunnel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradmonk View Post
    WAGs and / or streakers!
    These would be interesting

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RawrrrFace16 View Post
    These would be interesting
    Streaking WAGs!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    Streaking WAGs!
    I like your thinking!

Amateur
    The darker recesses of my mind, The world is a sim, help , help needed

Have not read all of the posts here, so apologies if this has been said. Team talks - pre match or half time, i would just like the ambiguity taken out. Players should understand my words and instructions , there should be no confusion, they should understand my mood (even if they are from abroad , they will get the "gist", angry is angry, pleased is pleased , we all recognise body language, demeanour , tone of voice etc) Whether they carry out my instructions is neither here nor there (maybe they are not good enough against the opposition, tactics are flawed or whatever).
    At the moment it seems that when you, the manager, give certain instruction the exact opposite will happen.

Press conferences, I do understand that the media are there to make a story, they will misquote where they can, they will sensationalize. They will lead you down a path to make you seem like a fool ...or a hero... However, your players will understand this too...they see you every day, you are the manager.

On a lighter note, maybe the technical area could be exploited more. "gerrard glances over and sees his manager doing big fish, little fish dance routine" or " rio looks towards the bench and sees a severley agitated Sir alex aggresively chewing gum, whilst pointing at his watch whilst going all purple faced, during a stand up row with the 4th official

Amateur
    The darker recesses of my mind, The world is a sim, help , help needed

Have not read all of the posts here, so apologies if this has been said. Team talks - pre match or half time, i would just like the ambiguity taken out. Players should understand my words and instructions , there should be no confusion, they should understand my mood (even if they are from abroad , they will get the "gist", angry is angry, pleased is pleased , we all recognise body language, demeanour , tone of voice etc) Whether they carry out my instructions is neither here nor there (maybe they are not good enough against the opposition, tactics are flawed or whatever).
    At the moment it seems that when you, the manager, give certain instruction the exact opposite will happen.

Press conferences, I do understand that the media are there to make a story, they will misquote where they can, they will sensationalize. They will lead you down a path to make you seem like a fool ...or a hero... However, your players will understand this too...they see you every day, you are the manager.

On a lighter note, maybe the technical area could be exploited more. "gerrard glances over and sees his manager doing big fish, little fish dance routine" or " rio looks towards the bench and sees a severley agitated Sir alex aggresively chewing gum, whilst pointing at his watch whilst going all purple faced, during a stand up row with the 4th official

Amateur

love the game as it is but a couple of things i would like to see added.

1. chairman profiles. a list of attributes that give you an idea of your chairmans personality eg, loyalty to managers, ambition, interference, whtaever si think makes up the personality of a chairman.

2. the ability to cancel substitutions. eg 80th minute 1-0 up you bring on an extra defender or midfielder you press confirm and then before the change is made its 1-1 and the sub still comes on. in older versions the game paused whilst the ball was out and you made your subs before the game continued.

Amateur

3. presidential elections in spain would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Amateur

Due to postive feedback, here is my idea. Orginal post below (as well as link to orginal thread):

One feature I have been thinking that is missing from FM is the fitness test. While it is relatively a small idea (it won't set pulses racing) it happens so often in the real football world.

At the moment we have "red" and "orange" injury indicators. Anyone with an orange indicator could play, but there is a chance of being injured further. The fitness test could perhaps be used on players who have the orange indictor, if they pass, they become fully fit and able to play, if they fail they are ruled out the game.

For example, "Wayne Rooney is currently carrying a knee injury. Would you like to perform a fitness test?" If you select no, he dosen't play. If you select YES, and he passes, the injury indicator is removed, and so does the % chance of him being injured in the match if you played him "orange injured".

My yearly thought

----------------------

The link for this is:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=187129

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by james170288 View Post
    1. chairman profiles. a list of attributes that give you an idea of your chairmans personality eg, loyalty to managers, ambition, interference, whtaever si think makes up the personality of a chairman.
    and defensive midfields not getting booked all the time even when told not to go hard into tackles

Amateur

Id like to see some results more real, like OFC national comps and Caribbean Cup (in real life there are much goals, and American Samoa never scores or wins points, and here, they almost qualified to WC )... also, Id like to see African Cup dates more accurate, and matches played like in RL... also for Asia... it would be nice to be able to choose camp and base in preparing for WC or continental cups, along with playing friendlies in host country, or against minor teams from host countries... actually, big change in national management...

and in club management - more training options, better player interaction, during match and in days with no matches, taking teams to preparations for new season (like many teams are now in Spain or Turkey, on trainings)... better financial control... being able to buy your own club, with lots of money earned through career - now, earnings are not needed, and negotiating for new contract with your employee is useless)...

and I want us to be able to create continental club cups in editor, and to be able to change formats of international cups

I think this should be made, specially this national managment

and one thing... in "sea" of stupid propositions here, this would be one of better - as nation manager, you apply to be host of WC / continental cup, and if you get hosting, you have budget to change stadiums capacities, or you decide to build new ones... as now, Denmark (or some other small country) is Euro host and some matches are played in stadia with 7k capacity :mad:

Amateur

on the opposition instruction page where u decide whom u will tight mark or close down add another option which is to try to injure the player.. the attributes that could affect how well this action is excecuted would be agresiveness and tackling.. and dont say stuff like: "whe dont want to add violence to the game" because that would be just making yourself blind because that happens on RL

* I also had another good idea but i forgot lol , when I remember Ill edit this post

* I have another idea.. I think that the attribute Technique covers too many different attributes.. for example, if u think on RL, the technique a player has is strictly how well a player can cushion the ball .. but in FM what happens is that for example a player can have very low passing or long shot.. but if he has a high rate of technique he will probably hit the ball better, thats ridiculous :S

BTW srry for my english
    Last edited by CuricoUTD; 01-02-2010 at 03:42.

Amateur

What I would absolutely LOVE to see on the next version of FM is NO BLOODY BUGS!!!!!

Amateur

Post Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Quote Originally Posted by Jason24 View Post
    please make each club and league noticeably different from each other,
    eg if you tried to play long ball tactics at say Barcelona you would probably be sacked, quickly.
    Real Madrid's business model demands big name signings,
    Milan has Milanlab to help older players play longer,
    Arsenal are the go to destination for young players etc etc

every club is different, but not in FM. Every league is different, some players cant cope with the change in tempo, tactics etc

Also when there are elections at big european clubs each president makes promises and delivers signings, why not in FM? Each president has different ideas for the club, big money transfers vs youth development so the personality of the club can change hugely, also the new president might want his own manager/players etc.

Please anything that can bring more in game variety
    part of what u say is correct but u also have to think that the different styles clubs have were once created by a manager.. probably that club played well that way and that is how playing styles are imposed.. but if u think carefully, the mayority of the examples u made r "relatively" new playing styles.. just think the barcelona of 1999, or the milan of today with Leonardo.. if Leonardo manages to direct milan for a long time, I assure u that the "old players" method will change..

Amateur

A rating for every team of the league on how well they did in the transfer window.

This can be based on how much they were able to earn from selling a player higher than his estimated value (also depending from his squad status and his reputation).

When buying a player, factors that will account for determining the rating can be the player's reputation, squad status, estimated price and how many teams wanted to buy that player and you were able to make the player decide to sign for your team.

Amateur

Don't know if its already been mentioned but the shouts during the game (or could even put in in the main tactics bit) - Take a dive in Penalty area

Part-timer

The ability to transfer list your entire team in one click.

Amateur

1 - Add a playing history to the user's history, we already get a small International history if we set experience to International so why not a bit of club history, pre set to the setting you put your user to. Could also involve the place of birth of the user effecting which clubs the user would have been at. Or being able to create your own history if you want to (As long as it doesn't effect any records for the clubs/leagues/nation.

2 - Add the exiled Welsh clubs youth teams to play in both the English and Welsh youth cups like they do in real life. Please no comments on just put the Welsh clubs into the Welsh league. We're in the English league and have been for a long time. Get over it.

3 - Tell scouts to go and scout certain games.

4 - Set Place of Birth to the user.

5 - Being able to add fav staff to the user at the beginning of the game.

6 - Add the semi-pro home Nations and the annual tournament they play in.

7 - When you start a new game, not to have any players listed for transfer or loan at the club you have chosen to start at.

8 - Being able to create a face for the user similar to those for the regens. This would then help to get your in game son to look a little like yourself, (same hair colour, similar facial features)

9 - Being able to request the club look at getting a smaller ground for the reserves or youth team to play at so that you don't have fixture pileups when all 3 play at the same ground.

10 - The researchers to create a list of places within the town of the club they research which could be used for the name when the club gets a new stadium. For those who play with their home town club it would give more realism.

11 - Controversial media reports regarding players sleeping with another team-mates wife/girlfriend and splits within the club from this. (Sorry, just and to say it)

12 - Add the current place a player is living in. Let's face it, IRL at non-league level you wont see a player choose to go from say Gateshead to Weymouth yet in the game players will join any club a within a nation. Perhaps transfers could be canceled due to traveling distance to the club.

Banned

Elections at clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona etc need to have much more impact on the game, promised signings arriving with the president, nothing to do with the manager, a maybe a new manager arrives too, even if you've done ok (Del Bosque at Madrid style scenario)

Also I think the amount of say in transfer dealings at a big club should vary based on your reputation and level of past success and should be negotiated before agreeing to take over. Managers often dont have much/any say in player signings on the continent.

and there needs to be more managerial sackings, big big european clubs can be ruthless in pursuit of success and seem to go through a lot of managers, in the game even if they are listed as insecure after a poor season, they seem to still be in the job come the new term.

Part-Timer

The ability to customise the Transfer Centre page.

Or failing that, just a few more columns for loan deals. When you've got 10-15 clubs offering to take a player on loan, for instance, it'd be nice to know which division the clubs play in, and what squad status they'd be assigning the player (act as cover for the first team, member of the first team, etc).

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

In no particular order but here you go...........

The option to change a penalty taker real time(i.e. my centre half had scored to headers from corners in a game.............in the last minute I got a pen.........he would have been taking it if I could have been able to do it)

The ability to change the game settings further once you have started a game i.e. you can change skins/currency /sound/etc etc now through preferences.........
    Hows about adding/removing leagues as some are having major issues with memory leak if you could change the number of nations selected this might resolve this

also being able to add further edited files to a saved game(similar to above)............or a real time editor so you could keep up wth transfers/sackings/takeovers etc etc
    without waiting for patches and therefore having to start a new game again

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by kingrobbo View Post
    In no particular order but here you go...........

The option to change a penalty taker real time(i.e. my centre half had scored to headers from corners in a game.............in the last minute I got a pen.........he would have been taking it if I could have been able to do it)

The ability to change the game settings further once you have started a game i.e. you can change skins/currency /sound/etc etc now through preferences.........
    Hows about adding/removing leagues as some are having major issues with memory leak if you could change the number of nations selected this might resolve this

also being able to add further edited files to a saved game(similar to above)............or a real time editor so you could keep up wth transfers/sackings/takeovers etc etc
    without waiting for patches and therefore having to start a new game again
    If a player on your team has scored 2 goals already, and you get a penalty, it's already coded into the game that he'll take it.

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

If a player on your team has scored 2 goals already, and you get a penalty, it's already coded into the game that he'll take it.
    its not in mine!!!

Amateur

Funding for the national team.

I'd love for the national football federation to have their own funding. It happens in real life. For example, a manager could ask the federation to offer funds to local clubs to improve training or youth facilities, stadiums or coaching quality. Richer, better developed nations could be asked by the manager to bid for the next available World Cup or to improve the local competition standard by allowing more imports, better academies or increasing a salary cap. You could also ask them to pay for off season training camps for the nation's best and most talented players.

I'd also like to see a more in-depth national management focus. Board interference with selection and hiring, "sources" going to the media, the ability to request certain things for the national team such as more coaches, scouts or physio's or even the aforementioned better facilities etc.

Third Team

its not in mine!!!
    I highly doubt that.

Amateur

i think that the next FM has to address is players potential, i believe that players potential are too rigid and set in stone. they should have more to do with the way they are managed.every year FM miss out on good youngsters and either over rate some players so that they go onto to become top players however they are treated (i.e. left in the reserves).this is not realistic as for example if jimmy bullard was on the game when he was young he would have never been seen who can play in the prem or even close. this is common in real life as other examples include stuart pearce and ian wright who started were not rated as youngsters.alot more players should be able to play in top leagues if there career goes well and also players who are well rated should be able to become world class. for example players in lower leagues should be able to go to top if they are managed well and have good seasons, and good potential players like delph should be able to become world class and not just be some good english prem player. this could be done by improving the training mean and then giving specialist training to better youth players which takes time away from coaches (meaning you cant train loads at once) to train them in certain areas and getting advice from assistant manager when to send them out on loan or give them a run in team etc. obviously you are more likely to make individuals better and more of them with better coaches and assistant managers.
    on old fms people like walcott and gareth bale wernt rated well when at southampton (FM06), untill they signed for arsenal and spurs and then turned from no hopers to wonderkids(fm07) and it is likely that this is going on in 2010. could be argued that gareth bale was more highly rated than walcott when at southampton, but which one fulfilled there potential quicker, the one with the nurturing manager- showing the need for it on this game. like i said some good youngsters on game become good no matter what happens and i doubt that even walcott or rooney or any1 for that matter would not be who they are if they were not treated well. this has got better on fm10 but this has also exposed that most AI managers pay no attention to grooming youngsters-not even arsenal!

Part-timer

I'd like to see the World Cup/Euro Championships bid process to be a bit more realistic and in depth. At the moment the next hosts are just announced out of the blue, I know sometimes you get the "Race to host 2018 World Cup heats up" news but I'd like to see the vote and things.

Amateur

I posted this on www.fmnorge.com (the norwegian FMsite), but I post it here too.

When you add a manager you kan get more options from the drop down menu (or what its called). So from the drop down menu you can choose:

Transferbudget: 2 million dollars
    Wage: 10.000 dollars
    Trainingfasilities: OK
    Youthfasilitets: Good
    Expectations: Mid-table

(Click on the "search"-button)

Then it appears the team(s) that fits the desires. Just an example. Also, if I don't know which team I will start with, but I want a team that has f.eks good youthfasilites I can just choose "good" on "youthfasilities". Or If I want to manage a team who has 2 million dollars in transferbudget, I can just choose "Transferbudget: 2 million dollars". Does someone understand what i mean?

Amateur

I'd like to see the structure of the standard tactics changed from a single list to a multiple designation folder system

ie
    [4-4-2] 4-4-2 , 4-4-1-1
    [3-4-3] 3-4-3, 3-4-1-2, 3-4-2-1
    [4-3-3] 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2, 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3 Att/Def/Std

etc.

AI managers could then be assigned a preferred formation folder, instead of the current 1st favourite, and 2nd favourite, and would have more options available to them on match day, this would make each match more distinct aswell as providing variety & minor suprises when playing against them.

It would also be possible to have a formation in more than 1 folder, the attacking/defending & standard 4-3-3 formations could be placed in either a [4-3-3] or [4-5-1] folder.

All suggestins/comments are welcome, please keep flames to a minimum for the sake of the children

Semi Pro

I highly doubt that.
    What????

It happened otherwise I wouldnt be wasting my time posting the request here

Another request would be to make the training more realistic ..........having you able to do it in a match engine style format

so you could have the ability to show on the pitch where you want players to make runs/where you want crosses aimed at etc

where you could have exercises like attack v defence with attack overloaded etc;)

Third Team

What????

It happened otherwise I wouldnt be wasting my time posting the request here
    It's coded into the game... Several people have experienced it...

Semi Pro

It's coded into the game... Several people have experienced it...
    not happened in mine..........not making it up ok

Third Team

not happened in mine..........not making it up ok
    I'm not doubting you, mate.

I think you'd better report it in the bugs forum, just to be on the safe side.

Semi Pro

I'm not doubting you, mate.
    I think you'd better report it in the bugs forum, just to be on the safe side.
    will do

I cant access that game though due to the memory leak issue
    cant load the game

lets hope the new patch resolves it......................as this is the best game out there by a mile

Third Team

will do

I cant access that game though due to the memory leak issue
    cant load the game

lets hope the new patch resolves it......................as this is the best game out there by a mile
    If you don't have proof then there's not much point.

Youth Team
    Reading - Season ticket holder since before we were any good

The ability to ask for a new stadium rather than just a stadium expansion, so if you get "cannot because of no planning permission" you can then instead ask for a new stadium to be built. They will probably reject it all the same but it might make the chances of getting a new one a bit better.

Amateur

make post-match analysis more in-depth. This could involve deeper discussion on individual player performances using game stats. I think this would certainly add to the realism.
    It could also be expanded to the media section, which would also help limit the monotony of this aspect of the game.
    Agree with the idea of clubs being more individual- e.g Arsenal bringing through talented youth players.

Banned

replay offside goals, zooming in on the defensive line to see if it was accurate (are linesmen fallible in the game?- if not they should be imo)

Amateur

Refferes that change their decisions or cancel red cards (like in Ligue 1 case).

Amateur

interesting maybe would a screen at the end of the season like the season summy, but for the club and its players, such as which players achieved what milestones E.g Giggs Scored his 100th career league goal, (Player) becomes youngest ever chelsea player, etc any sort of milestone or something along those lines. you could also have for your nation or national team players E.g Beckham becomes most capped england player, etc also some milestones could appear on both lists, just a thought cause its hard to remember what players achieve over the course of a season.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Chubie View Post
    interesting maybe would a screen at the end of the season like the season summy, but for the club and its players, such as which players achieved what milestones E.g Giggs Scored his 100th career league goal, (Player) becomes youngest ever chelsea player, etc any sort of milestone or something along those lines. you could also have for your nation or national team players E.g Beckham becomes most capped england player, etc also some milestones could appear on both lists, just a thought cause its hard to remember what players achieve over the course of a season.
    I like that

And maybe expand the season summary as well.
    Last edited by Tomer; 06-02-2010 at 09:16.

Amateur

I subscribe to international competitions News. In the news the selected story contains the goals scored. However it does not contain the man of the match.

Is it possible to provide this in the summary?
    E.g. Wednesday's Asia U19's Qualifying roundup.

X number of matches with y goals scored. best viewing was Team A vs Team B with (summary of goals scored) and Player ABC getting the man of the match award.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Semi Pro

Another thing in the summary, when we get "and the highlight of that game was Leroy Lita scoring a landmark goal.", could we be told what the landmark was? Theres been many a time when thats come up, and I have ended up sitting for a good 20 minutes trying to work out what landmark it could possibly be referring to.

Semi Pro

I'd like to be able to see how many goals my team scored/conceded in matches this player has played in. Just in the statistics along with the tackle and pass completion ratio.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Jason24 View Post
    replay offside goals, zooming in on the defensive line to see if it was accurate (are linesmen fallible in the game?- if not they should be imo)
    For these, there should be a TV graphic "line" showing the offside line.
    That way, you could more easily judge whether to complain about it in the post-match interview, and potentially avoid getting a row from the authorities...

Also, it would be good to be able to get involved with sponsorship deals etc.

How about the ability to change strip designs/colour schemes?

Part-timer

New kits would be a good touch.

"The board are pleased to announce the launch of the new away kit, Player X and Player Y have attended the launch", etc.

Hardcode the traditional colours and design and then let FM do the rest.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by BRY-04 View Post
    For these, there should be a TV graphic "line" showing the offside line.
    That way, you could more easily judge whether to complain about it in the post-match interview, and potentially avoid getting a row from the authorities...

Also, it would be good to be able to get involved with sponsorship deals etc.

How about the ability to change strip designs/colour schemes?
    It's not really managers job, right? ;)

Amateur

Apologies if these have been mentioned but I don't really want to go through 50+ pages.

1 - Directors of Football

First thing's first, it should be optional if possible. Like attribute masking or use real players there's a check box and if you don't want them then they stay as just another name on the staff listing.

Chairmen get another attriubte which shows their willingness to use Directors of Football (DoF from now on), maybe linked to thier other interfering stats. Also a preferred tansfer policy, for example "Young players that will appreciate in value", "Bargains only", "Big Stars", "Whatever the manager wants" etc.

When starting a game or adding a manager the player gets a message from their chairman asking if (depending on whether or not the club has one) they want to aquire / retain the services of a DoF and if so at what level (see below). After that there's a grace period of at least 1 season where the chairman wont change the DoF settings.
    If joining a club then the DoF is part of the contract offer, for example "The club has no DoF but will hire one if you want one" or "The club has a DoF who is heavily involved in transfer policy that you will have to work with", and you may be able to negoitiate the position depending on the Chairmans DoF attribute.

If a club has a DoF then his responsabilites can vary, my basic idea is something like a 5 point scale:

1 - DoF is pretty much a glorified scout. You can send them on scouting assignments and they will provide a summary of your other scouts reports and be responsible for other scouting related matters at the Backroom Meetings.
    2 - DoF gets to pick his own scouting assignment. Also can send unassigned scouts on assignments. Has overall control of scouting but you can over rule them. Allows you to assign a more specific scouting assignment to your department, not just based on geographical or competition assignements but things like "Find me a right back who can also play right mid if needed" for example
    3 - DoF is responsible for scouting, you can make requests of them but they may not allways do what you want, main influence on them being the chairmans prefered transfer policy. You also have the option of allowing them to negotiate a transfer deal for you.
    4 - DoF still responsible for scouting. DoF also has input on transfers (both buying and selling), like how a chairmen may step in if a transfer deal is too good to turn down in previous versions, but more often. DoF will also negotiate transfers on his own based on the club transfer policy but manager retain the ability to over rule them except in extreme cases. For example the DoF might come with a message of "I've negotiated a deal for Player X for Y million on a contact of Z per week, do you want to go through with this transfer?" and you can accept or refuse (also have optional reasons for refusal like normal transfers, for example "Don't think player is good enough", "Need transfer/wage budget for other transfer target", "Already have 3 left backs don't need another one.", etc.).
    5 - DoF has complete control over transfers and scouting. You can ask them to try and sign a certain player, or not to sell a palyer you need, but at the end of the day the buck stops with them.

Whether a DoF is hired/fired or has their responsiblities changed is dependant on a few factors, the 2 main ones being:
    - Club confidence in managers transfer dealings. If a manager makes a lot of signings that the fans consider good then a DoF will not be needed. Buy a lot of turkeys and the fans may call for one to stop you wasting money.
    - Chairman intereference. Based on their DoF stat and the one that already exists for meddling. Go against their transfer policy a lot and you might find they start taking over. Like in previous versions when some chairmen would go out an buy big players if you hadn't brought in a star like they asked you to (Probably the only time someone has shouted "I don't want Fernando Torres!").

----------------------------------------

2- Random Events (for lack of a better term)

Again these would be optional with a check box at the start of the game like other options.

The games databases in the past have refelcted real world occurences that effect players and clubs (for example drug bans, Serie A points deductions / relegation for match fixing, Joey Barton's time in prison, etc) but these sort of things never happen in the game.
    Personally I think things occuring like this would add a bit more challange and spice to the game, for example would you keep a player as captain if there was a situation like John terry's current predicament? (and it would add a bit of variety to the press conference mechanics)
    Not everyone might like their team getting screwed over at random though, hence why it's optional.

The main stumbling block I can see for implementation of these is that I doubt players/clubs want to be linked to anything bad, even if it is only in a fictional game.
    For players there's an easy get around though, in that you only apply it to fictional players, so games where real players aren't used and regens/freds/whatever they're called now.
    I can't see an easy get around for clubs (short of a "Use real clubs" option like there is for players), but I'd be happy with just random player things. (Also there's plenty of scope for random things without having to resort to really nasty situations like suicides or the bus attack on the Togo team, I don't think anyone wants to things like that in the game even if they are fictional)

Also thinking about it now it doesn't have to be just random events that have a negative impact on players/teams, it could also be used to implement rule changes in the games. For example maybe the transfer window system is abolished, players in Spain no longer have to have minimum fee release clauses, etc.

Amateur

I had 1 idea for future games while playing yesterday.

Each team has scouting knowledge of different countries as we all know and it will only improve if you sign staff.

I had an idea when if you sign a non english player while managing in England, the scouting knowledge of their nationality improves

e.g
    You are managing as a level 10 team and your only knowledge is England because you're English. You then go and sign a Irishman. Your teams scouting knowledge of Ireland improves because of your new signing and this could change for any country.

What do you think?

Amateur

I want to see
    dodgy agents offering young regens who you take a gamble on

your physio offering you drugs for quicker healing times and if you reject and fire him you get a praise from the FA.. and if you accept you get caught eventually and sacked and banned...

Amateur

Barry Fry was owner of Peterborough Utd for a few years whilst managing, making him unsackable much to the disgust of many fans! He was still owner until McAnthony bought the club off him 4 years ago, though he moved upstairs before that, though sacked managers and took over himself when he felt like it.

Amateur

I want to be able to tap up players. Properly tap them up aswell, none of this "admiration" stuff. I want to be able to tell a player that he'd be a first team regular, that he'd be my captain, that I'd build the team around him, that I'd make him infinitely wealthy. These sort of things happen in real life, and whilst not acceptable, I think I should be able to. I think there should obviously be consequences for doing it to the wrong player, maybe in the form of a transfer embargo (something which they clearly have the ability to program). There are always those players that you want, and say they "might be interested" and refuse to be unsettled no matter what I do in the media, so let me go and talk to them about it. Players have most the power over where they play nowadays, and that should be reflected. Mourinho springs to mind as a classic example, with Essien and Cole both having clearly made their minds up that they wanted to be Chelsea players, and leaving their clubs no real room for negotiation.
    It'd be a great risk vs. reward scenario, and give you the option of being somewhat more underhand. You'd also have to think about who you did it with, as attempting to do that to say, Steven Gerrard, would almost invariably land you in hot water due to his commitment to Liverpool.

I'd also like to see the vast majority of "Preferred Moves" turned into "Individual Instructions" that can be given to a player within his profile. So that rather than say setting it so that your right winger always takes long shots, I could tell Arshavin to always take long shots, whilst telling Theo to avoid them. Players could still have certain moves like this that they preferred, which could just improve the extent and frequency with which they perform them. It'd also add depth to tactics, allowing you to tell players to look for the pass rather than shooting, or to dictate tempo, something which it is impossible to do purely via tactics currently.

Amateur

Hi, couple of minor changes.

- I would like to ask assistant to rotate players on a certain way. In example, youth players for cup games. I would also like to select 2-3 players that rotate certain position like 1st team player for difficult matches, rotation status player for easy matches etc..

- I would like AI to select my tactic by default to different situations. I can then set different tactics for home, away and top4 matches and I don't have to select them manually.

- Also when confirming player signing, I'd like to see the contract details on a news screen as I can't remember what kind of contract I offered.

- I'd like to set multiple training schedules for players. For instance if he is injured, pre season or season.

- Also I'd like to see more detailed scouting information on a news screen so I don't have to open the scouting reports list.

- I'd like to be able to resume control of my team in multiplayer game if the connection went down.

- I also would like to select new kit for team when getting a new sponsorship deal.

- Ability to set scout on a certain shortlist. I can select players from a shortlist but I can't give to the scout one.
    Last edited by SamppaFIN; 09-02-2010 at 13:56.

Banned

Hi,

In FM, the game seems to choose random World Cup hosts. What I would like would be for 2018 and 2022 to be played in a country bidding for the tournaments in real life, and in later years have it follow the current FIFA rules of it being in a different continent to the last two World Cups. The same could be done for other tournaments with hosting rules. Is this idea possible?

Amateur

1) Skip Match - Though, I do enjoy watching the games, there's time, esp. when getting close to the end of the season, where I just want to get straight to the results and on to the next match, so how about a skip match button or a generate match option, I know you could go on holiday for 1 day but then your assistant takes over & answers e-mails etc & even if u tell to stick with the team you choose, he nearly always changes a least one player!

2) Appointing a Manager - I know this has been mention a lot and is always answered with its called FOOTBALL MANAGER not CHAIRMAN MANAGER! But it keeps getting asked, because we all have our own ideas about who should be managing the club, so I was thinking of maybe something like, if you choose to be a rookie manager you get the chance to approach some experience managers, such as when it was Steve Staunton & Bobby Robson & McLaren & Venables & though, he would be like an Assistant Manager, instead of you asking your assistant, your fellow manager would pop up with ideas for tactics, training & team selections etc & maybe if you keep disagreeing with him, you could have a fall-out & have 2 sack him or in worse case the board has to choose which to keep if either!

3) Creating a Football Player - You could easily do this in the Editor I suppose (but for those who don't know how or how to put pics to peoples faces) thought it would be interesting to include AS AN OPTION (as I know some people would only want to stick to the exact real life league but it does make regen players doesn’t it!) & he could either start in the Under 18s or at a lower league club & you could track his career & maybe even sign him yourself!

4) Better Potential Ability - Because I fine in these games, that the PA is so restrictive, how many times have we seen a player suddenly jump in ability! But this doesn’t happen in the game, your stuck with the PA it gives you, (its one of the 1st things I change)! So maybe a lot higher PA, or maybe all set to 200, so its down to how you train your players & whether they getting any match time, to whether they get too the 200 mark. Or maybe some sort of shifting PA, that changes as the game plays out.

5) Better Current Ability - Picking up on the shifting PA idea, how many times have we seen a player go from championship level or lower to the premier & they can actual cut it! But in the game if you tried that, you would be laughed off the pitch for playing some-one so crap!
    So instead of the CA only increasing slowly, there sudden be random jumps in ability! Probs, link to form more than training as in real life if, a player is in good form, the next game his CA has increased but this isn’t reflect in the game. There are plenty of times, where I’ve player a crapper player because he's playing better than a better player but he's still let down by the fact that his stats aren’t increasing very quickly at all!

6) Career Mode - where you start out as an Assistant, managing the youth teams etc & have to work your way up. And re-name the game as it stands now as Free Play or Sandbox Mode.

7) Nation Managing - Not really sure how, but I think this could be ALOT better, as you spend a lot of your time waiting for your matches. I think there should be a lot more media involvement, questions every time any of your Nations players, are involved with something. The media asking you if a certain players are going to be included because they playing well & or the opposite, are you still going to involve a player when he's playing bad. The option to instead of watching the matches yourself, to send your assistant. And a sort of nation shortlist but unlike the normal shortlist, where you get e-mails concerning everything that happens to that player, which really slows down an already slow process of waiting for your next match, you don’t receive any e-mails, I know that’s the search player option & the nation pool but you have to hunt through for the players you want, just would like to have my team but if I get an injury, can quickly & easily access the list of reserve players that I have in mind.

8) Intense Training Days & Squad Bonding Sessions - Don't know about you guys but when I’m going through a losing patch, I hate not having any options to try and put an end to it, so would love the option to be able to send my players on intense training days, obviously this would cost money & run the risk of injuries but have the benefit of getting the players really pumped up and focused for there next match.
    And maybe the option to send them on bonding sessions to gather team spirit, to help performances or to try & continue good performances & rewards for when they playing well. Such as send them out for a squad meal or sending them to go painting balling (didn’t a premier team do that one time?).

9) Chairman/Director of Football to Buy Players - To receive rumors that your after a player & then for them to sometimes ask if you want this player & sometimes you just get the player without a choice.

10) Separate Transfer Budgets - You hear all the time managers saying they will have to talk with the chairman to see if they have the funds to buy in the January window but in the game you get one budget for the whole season, I think it would be nice if you got one budget but then the chairman splits it, so you get some in the summer & the rest in January & when you ask for more funds you could transfer some of the money being reserved for January into your summer budget! Like where S.A.F. bought Alan Smith, thinking he would get Rooney later that year of the next year until to realize that if he didn’t get him fast (I think it was Chelsea) was going to swoop in and get him.
    That way, there’s more interaction with your board.

Alternate 10) No Transfer Budgets - Instead of you organizing your fiancés, the board room do it, you just present the board, with a list of players (or request a player 1 at a time) you would like to bring in & they go away & try & negotiate a deal, with you receive regular feedback to how it is going, & if 1 of the players, is costing more money than the board would like, you could say, that you really want that player and the rest of the players you would like will just have to wait or that you inform the board of players that you are willing to sell to try & make the deal go through.
    That way, there’s a lot more interaction with your board.
    Last edited by KingWeir; 09-02-2010 at 17:13.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryMills View Post
    I would like it if there was an option in the game so that in whichever country you choose to manage the game switches to that language, so that you have to consider a lot before accepting a job in another country.

I realise that this would be a very niche thing but I'd love it and it would help to learn different languages whilst playing!
    i like this is would be awesome and really easy to implement. but it should only be messeges and the like tabs and stuff may as well kept the same. this should also be a just an option as i could see why others wouldnt want it but i might be able to a) put my french to use :P and b) learn summit!
    you could then be tested i suppose to officially have that language as known on your profile.

Amateur

11) Unlock Modes – You supposedly earn money as a manager, so why not put they to good use to unlock items, such as alternate strips, balls etc. but mainly how about you can unlock previous teams from history to compete with, such as Man Utd’s treble winning team (see if that team could still do the treble!), or Kevin Keegans 1st attempt at Newcastle squad (would love to be able to manage Shearer, Ferdinand, Ginola etc!) or Arsenal Invincibles Squad (could that team still go that long without losing?) or Real Madrid Qualaticos {however you spell that}Squad (could you make it work this time?) etc.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by KingWeir View Post
    11) Unlock Modes – You supposedly earn money as a manager, so why not put they to good use to unlock items, such as alternate strips, balls etc. but mainly how about you can unlock previous teams from history to compete with, such as Man Utd’s treble winning team (see if that team could still do the treble!), or Kevin Keegans 1st attempt at Newcastle squad (would love to be able to manage Shearer, Ferdinand, Ginola etc!) or Arsenal Invincibles Squad (could that team still go that long without losing?) or Real Madrid Qualaticos {however you spell that}Squad (could you make it work this time?) etc.
    Unlocks. You really are playing the wrong game. These ideas do not sit well with me and I'm sure there will be many others. As has been pointed out in your other thread, they are unrealistic and unworkable.
    This is FM, its about replicating the management of a football club. End of.

Third Team

How about one big NO! on all those ideas KingWeir!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post

Other Misc:
    - Wider set of Regen Names. It gets dull seeing people named "David James" or "Dan Martin" with all plain common names. Add some diversity into it.
    In my save there are 3 Careca, 3 Da Silva and 2 Toninho in th Brazil squad. For the first time in my life i used the set nickname option...

Amateur

player deaths:

but i reckon they should be made extremely rare for e.g when a legendary / past footballer is around 60+ they die of different diseases / conditions / you name it. and when they do die it should be made sort of a big deal depending on the players reputation. This should also bring a feature where you pay your respects to the fallen legend in your upcoming match just like Sir Bobby Charlton

would be annoyin if it happened to actual players for e.g rooney dies on the day b4 the CL final lol

death is very much a part of life and if fm are about makin the game realistic this could be a further step forward.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HomeOfTheBrave View Post
    player deaths:

but i reckon they should be made extremely rare for e.g when a legendary / past footballer is around 60+ they die of different diseases / conditions / you name it. and when they do die it should be made sort of a big deal depending on the players reputation. This should also bring a feature where you pay your respects to the fallen legend in your upcoming match just like Sir Bobby Charlton

would be annoyin if it happened to actual players for e.g rooney dies on the day b4 the CL final lol

death is very much a part of life and if fm are about makin the game realistic this could be a further step forward.
    SI has said that deaths will never be a part of FM. Legal reasons are just one aspect of why it won't.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    How about one big NO! on all those ideas KingWeir!
    I agree. "Random jumps in ability" and "everyone 200 PA"? Seriously?

I have a simple but cool idea that might not be useful for europeans. One of the most dramatic aspects of latin american football is playing at high altitudes. Teams from Brazil or Argentina always struggle when playing at Cuzco (3,300 mt), Bogotá (2,900), Quito (3,000) or La Paz (3,600). Playing at Potosi (4,100) is a nightmare, players usually can´t run during the second part of the match, we can see players using oxygen masks, etc.

Well, maybe SI can find a way to implement this in the game. Away teams could get tired quickly when playing at some high places, just like everyone does when playing in hot of damp wheather.

Amateur

I think loans should be reshaped for next FM. We should be able to offer players on loan, same as we do with offering players to other clubs. In addition, what's the point of having a one season limit to the loan period? Players can go on loan for a year and half or even two seasons in real life. Another area where this could become useful is when managing in UK and have a feeder club for work permit, instead of sending your players every summer to that club only for him to return the following summer and then having to resend him until he meets the requirements to gain the nationality, this way you could suggest to move him to your affiliate for 3 years and get on with it instead of resending him over and over again.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by verde View Post
    I think loans should be reshaped for next FM. We should be able to offer players on loan, same as we do with offering players to other clubs. In addition, what's the point of having a one season limit to the loan period? Players can go on loan for a year and half or even two seasons in real life. Another area where this could become useful is when managing in UK and have a feeder club for work permit, instead of sending your players every summer to that club only for him to return the following summer and then having to resend him until he meets the requirements to gain the nationality, this way you could suggest to move him to your affiliate for 3 years and get on with it instead of resending him over and over again.
    This feature is already in FM10.

Amateur

I want to have more fuzz when you win a competition. And pictures of the trophies as well. And the bigger the tournament, the bigger the fuzz.

Now it's a bit like "Ok, you won the Champions League, hooray, move on please, nothing more to see here".

A bit more recognition when you win things would be nice.

Amateur

How about a quick short video clip, when something major happens, such as taking over at a new club, winning the league, winning a cup etc. Would make winning something that bit extra special.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
    I want to have more fuzz when you win a competition. And pictures of the trophies as well. And the bigger the tournament, the bigger the fuzz.

Now it's a bit like "Ok, you won the Champions League, hooray, move on please, nothing more to see here".

A bit more recognition when you win things would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingWeir View Post
    How about a quick short video clip, when something major happens, such as taking over at a new club, winning the league, winning a cup etc. Would make winning something that bit extra special.

I've been saying this here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=189701

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    Looked at your suggestion and agree 100 % with you.

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

Don't know if it has been mentioned before, but I just came across this idea after I read about the Canales-Real deal. If you make an offer to buy a player, you should be able to add the clause "will be loaned to selling club for 1/2 years".

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Don't know if it has been mentioned before, but I just came across this idea after I read about the Canales-Real deal. If you make an offer to buy a player, you should be able to add the clause "will be loaned to selling club for 1/2 years".
    You can sort of do this already - just put the deal to go through until the end of the season or the next transfer window.

Amateur

Here is another idea. How would you feel if you could play as Benitez, Mourinho, or anyone else? I mean instead of replacing the manager in the team with yourself or a creation of your fiction, you could have the option to play as that particular manager.

Part-Timer

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=189796

Thats what I think should be included, who agrees?

Amateur
    False 9. Played:8, Won:4, Drawn:2, Goals:3, Assists:3

Post Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

more/better interaction with other people
    when a player is unsettled or unhappy, i'd like to talk to him about it. atm if you go to interact with an unsettled player it just gives you the usual stuff: recommend signings, training objestives etc...
    I'd also like to talk to players about other stuff, like what they feel is their best position and where they see themselves in terms of squad status. oh and also there should be a meeting with all the players and staff at the start of the season to identify targets as a team and individually.

look, dudes i'm younger than 30 so i want my manager profile to show that, stuff your "realism", it would give the press something to latch on to and if i wanted a more "realistic" age, i'd enter one at the profile screen.

In times of injury crisis or at clubs where the are very little funds, it should be possible to pull coaches (or even yourself) out of retirement and/or approach any recently retired players.

If it's not already, then it should be possible to take up youth or reserve management roles and be named caretaker manager at a club and try to work your way up the team.

Amateur

I think tactics have come to a point where they need to be rethought out to compete with the modern game.
    1) it is not a simple as short/long passing. I want all my players to go for passes they know they can pull off. But if i set passing to long, my CMs would smack it long way too often, if i set it to short they will only pass to players close to them. I want them to pass to UNMARKED PLAYERS. instead of passing long/short; they're should also be a 'keep ball' option or something like it - to what extent to you want your players to play possession football.
    2) player roles - at the moment we have player roles, and i would like a greater extension of this idea. ATM player roles are simply sliders set to different amounts; i want to tell one CM that his role is to 'switch the play' or a full back that his role is to put in as many crosses as possible. Like check boxes for 'hold up ball' and 'free role' but vastly extended
    3) tactics based on different areas of the pitch - i don't want my CBs to cross the ball a lot, but if they find themselves in certain areas, i find myself yelling at them to cross the ball, and they don't.
    4) Tell players who and where they should look to pass to - CMs look to pass out wide, full backs look to pass down the line etc; and how often they should do this (all of the time, most of the time, some of the time...)
    i just want to say what an improvement the addition of a player's wide instructions (hug touchline, cut inside) is.

Amateur

Lightbulb Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

I have a suggestion that came out of my frustration with the Hall Of Fame

I am playing as a Welsh Premier League side, and have won 3 leagues and 4 domestic cups. However, in the Hall of Fame I am only credited with 2 cup wins. I suggested some sort of points system be allocated to each cup. FrazT pointed out, correctly, that in this case you might have a lower league manager overtaking a much higher manager simply because they've won more at their level. To combat this, I made this suggestion:

20 points for winning English FA Cup
    15 points for winning Carling/League Cup
    10 points for winning JPT trophy
    7 points for winning FA Trophy
    5 points for winning FA Vase

20 points for winning English Premier League
    17 points for winning English Championship
    15 points for winning League 1
    10 points for winning League 2
    7 points for winning BSP
    5 points for winning BSP North/South

This would mean, for example, you would have to WIN the BSP North FOUR times to equal ONE win in the Premier League..and who is going to do that, unless you get promoted 4 times and relegated 4 times..which i see as completely insane. As I pointed out to FrazT, if you apply the points for the BSP, FA Trophy and Vase to the Welsh Premier, Loosemores Cup and Welsh Cup, I would be on 45 points, still some 27 behind John Toshack who has league wins in Turkey and other european honours. I would need 2 more leagues and 2 Loosemore cups to overtake him, by which time I would probably have won more honours than him. The disparity between the points could be even greater, say:

20 points for winning Premier League
    15 points for winning Championship
    7 points for winning League 1
    5 points for winning League 2
    3 points for winning BSP
    1 point for winning BSP North South

I would think that people who are into career games would appreciate an overhaul of the HOF, and this seems like a logical solution.....this way, ALL championships, cups, etc, have relevance for the HOF, but there would still be a massive gap between lower and higher divisions. Of course, if you start in the BSP North and win every single cup and every single league, you're going to rack up massive points...31 just for the leagues in my last suggestion, but is it REALLY likely to happen...and if it DOES...you deserve the points IMO!

It does inevitably mean that a highly successful lower league manager might overhaul a less successful higher league manager, but in leagues with promotion and relegation, in 99% of cases, surely the lower league manager would have progressed to a higher league in the amassing of points, therefore rendering that argument irrelevant.

Another possible solution is that if you get relegated from a division, you LOSE the same HOF points you would for winning. So, a manager gets his team from the Championship to the Premiership as champions, gets 15 points. However, he immediately gets them relegated, and LOSES 20 POINTS. Therefore, if he gets them promoted again...like some clubs recently, he is still 5 points down, and therefore a weaker manager and lower in the HOF. Not sure, but this might be possible to apply in the cups..losing a final loses an equal number of points that the winning manager gains.

Would be interested to know what you think, cos I'm in my first EVER extended game and would really appreciate being credited with ALL my wins!
    Last edited by red dragon1978; 15-02-2010 at 02:19. Reason: thought of something to add

Amateur

I'd like more variety when you make a board request; for example, it'd be good to be able to choose whether you want a stadium expansion or a new stadium altogether and it could have the approximate cost of the request in brackets. Obviously the ultimate decision is down to the board as to what they do with the money, but you should be able to suggest what you'd like

Part-Timer

This is an idea based upon the newly introduced player biography section.Now,wouldn't it be nice to have something like that for clubs too.We could have it in the history tab,and it could give us a summary of something like every 5 years...the major players,the managers,any stadium/boardroom moves etc etc.

Saying that,we could even have a written summary in the league's history tab too,summarising the Champions,the title contenders,the surprise packages,the underachievers and the major players of that season.

Cheers.

Amateur

just a small thing but when opp. player is injured your player kicks ball out of play but when they take throw in they go straight for goal shouldnt be too hard for them to fix this should it

Amateur

I would love to be able to talk a player who is declared for a nation out of it. People do change their minds irl whereas if a player is declared there is no way he will change on the game. I think if you are a good enough manager or you have good enough plans you should be able to convince people, I know some will still say no but I'm sure some would change.

Also talking players back into playing after they have retired.

Amateur

I'd like the ability to set/save roles to individual players in order to avoid changing them everytime I make a change in my starting line-up and tactics.

The below thread explains further.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=189984

Amateur

I would like to see historic staff data of a club for the purpose of comparisons. The game is very detailed in showing you an individual managers data but in terms of a club I would like to see:

current manager/days in charge/confidence of board/confidence of fans
    previous managers/days in charge/reputation (going down in a list format)

I cannot find this information. It is easy to find a clubs current manager but not historic. FM is all about detail and realism. I think its important. There should be a lot more comparisons made in the game.

For example, with Newcastle every manager is compared to Kevin Keegan or Bobby Robson due to their relative success and style of football or with Chelsea everyone is compared to the special one. In real life people are already speculating on the successor of Alex Ferguson without casting doubts on his current reign. There should be more of this in the game.

Thoughts welcome...
    Last edited by mr.agrundy; 16-02-2010 at 10:41.

Amateur

1. More realistic friendly/cup scores - Every time a non-league side comes up against a Premiership side, the score is usually about 11-0.
    2. Less first half goals - In my game, most goals seem to come in the first half.

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast