Closed Thread
Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,300 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Amateur

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

I've been thinking of somekind of "Fan Popularity" among the players and the manager. Players like Raul, Gerrrard, Terry, Giggs etc. are players who are faithful to their respective clubs and would probably never leave the club's side. Of course, the Informatation tab offers" favoured personel/icon/legend but doesn't really give a picture of _how_ popular the player/manager actual are among the fans. Fan culture is definitely are huge aspect of football and being able to combine this with being a manager, manage the team, the economy, the player's amibition etc. could maybe create some chaos and hard decisions as a manager. Whereas fans just want to keep their favourite players at the clubs the manager/higher management maybe have to think about other aspect outside the football pitch. This could maybe turn into a "fan riot" if trying to sell a player to raise money for the club's bad economy. Or if the player leaves due to "wants to move to a bigger club" the fans maybe feel disgusted by the player (and could maybe give him a hard time the next time he plays against his former team).

To make it short, I believe FM needs more fan interaction and feedback than just "happy/disappointed with the win/loss against X" or "Fans happy by new signing". Of course, fans does not have any real power, but they can utter their opionions on transfers, club take over, tactics (e.g. Barcelona/Real Madrid fans wants entertaining football) etc.. This could really make your decisions harder to make and maybe create your own "love for the club" instead of thinking financial just because you get a £60M offer on Gerrard.

Will the fans love you... or hate you?

Amateur

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

an interview thing when going for a job

them - Where do you see this club in 5 years?
    me - choices (top table, promotion, etc)

more player interaction - [player name] feels pressured about being given the number 7 shirt as Beckham/Best/Ronaldo have all worn in previously
    signings - agree not to go for a fellow target if they allow you to sign a player (if Man Utd let you sign Torres, then you will leave Pato alone for them to sign)
    signings - the ability to sign someone and then send out a player of yours on loan for the season (Arsenal sign Parker with wilshere going on loan for the rest of the season)

EDIT: the ability to customise tactics, i want my ML covering the short option when i'm defending a corner on the left side, while my MR supports the attack (similarly, the opposite is true too)
    when attacking for a corner, my DCs attack from deep, ST challenges the keeper, MR takes it and ML stands on the far side in case the corner is overhit (as of FM10, this ML cannot be possible)
    ----------------
    I know, I know.... more tactics, but real managers can customise this any which way that they want, rather than just standing deep
    Last edited by samdiatmh; 05-01-2010 at 11:27. Reason: more information

Amateur

PLEASE PLEASE PLAESE!

Do a better editor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Semi Pro

Small addition to custom database menu:

When setting up a custom database at the start of a new game, give the option for "all continents" under the Continent drop-down box. Sometimes I like to add all international players or all players from top clubs in the entire world. Now, I have to add each continent individually. Would be nice to be able to do it all in one click.

Semi Pro

Please make arranging friendlies more user-friendly.

Amateur

I think it'd be a good idea to have a meetin with players too before the season if the manager wants to, creating a chance to tell the players specifically what i want from them in the season, like ' I want you to fight your way to the starting 11' or ' You should concentrate on improving yourself' or ' I want you to step up as a leader when something goes wrong', ect...
    I know that there is movement training and player-role, but i think a meeting would really add something to these.
    More options for motivation before matches would be great too, like when saying 'We can make it', it could be devided: 1. 'I trust you that you know what to do' 2. If you stick to our game plan, we can bring that points' 3. Believe in yourselves
    More specific personal traing tips: ' I want you to concentrate on your crossing' --> Here i think now we only have the method of improving training facilites, getting a good set pieces coach ang give a hell of a set-p.-training to the player, but it would be even more realistic if a player would concentrate specially on his crossing during the training seissons ( Or a very determined player would stay after a training to practice it IRL). I think in real life there can be such too!

Amateur

And I almost forgot! Very important: Swap position

There should be two types of swapping, first when they play based on the instruction of the other post, and SECOND, when a player brings his own instructions to his new post!! For exampe when I have two wingers, one is a line-winger who can play both sides (like McGeady) ohter is a creative force ( f.e. Cani, Sosa, Ren. Augusto, Arda Turan, ect), i really dont want to swap them to play a role they are not that effective in, but only to swich sides!

Third Team

Information on left foot right foot during the tactics screen instead of clicking every player to see what which foot is preferred.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deltaroad View Post
    Information on left foot right foot during the tactics screen instead of clicking every player to see what which foot is preferred.
    Good suggestion.

I edited that in myself using my very basic skinning knowledge.

Amateur

OH CRAP THERE IS A WISHLIST. gIVE ME a second

Amateur

I wish that in future FM'S or the next patch that SI add more african players/regens (with good potential) and also make a African Youth National Competition (African U20 Championship) since the south american, european and asain Continants have national youth competitions.

Semi Pro

i wish for more interaction with players and media , like asking the players things that concern then, flash interview for the players like real life its good to know what they think about their performance in a game .

media is a big part of football it would be good to see more of it.

also give an SDK for mooders

more animations , and better looking 3D

Semi Pro

This has most likely been mentioned before, but how about players learning the language BEFORE they move to another country?

I have 2 examples. One is a Brazilian regen who was 16 at the time I put in a bid for him. It was accepted, and as the rules dictate, he cannot come here until he turns 18. So basically he has two years. I have checked back with him one year later, and found that he still speaks only Portugese. Could he not at least put in an effort to learn some basic Spanish? He knows what's going to happen! I have a Croatian regen in a similar situation. 16, and I bet he won't have learned a word of Spanish in two years.

Amateur

Does SI take notice of this thread.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    Does SI take notice of this thread.
    Yeah, they do.

Amateur

There should be some sort of relative favoured personal. To suss out who is related to who on the game and to actually see if there is any regen siblings also to see if you can actually have a son on the game.

Amateur

And also FM be be on home consoles in the future.

Amateur

I'd like:

More fan input in signing players. I'd love a screen to show what the fans think of:
    *Your transfer policy e.g "The fans are sick of your youth transfer policy and feel we need established stars" or "Are concerned at the sale of the number of players from the club and feel we need to increase squad depth not shrink it"
    *Who we should sign e.g "The fans would like to see you sign one world class player this season (or similarly demand you to sign)" or "The fans believe this club is short players in the following areas:" then it could show positions they believe are short on depth or quality. Another one could be "The fans believe Chiellini, Villa, Arshavin and Lloris would be great for the club and feel you should focus on signing one or more of these players" This could be used to increase your support within the club. No board wants to sack a manager who is popular.

A really in depth communication aspect. For example meeting players before, during and after the season to express what you want from them this season or next, what they are doing well this season and what they can improve on, individual player communication during the game etc. The board could do the same with you and the players. The fans could be doing the same with the club in general.

Testimonials. You could really have a good play with this such as bringing retired stars out of retirement for a game e.g Beckenbauer, Maradona, Zidane. You could open the gates for free if they are particularly well liked. Or make them pay and proceeds could go to charity, the club or his original club. It's always good for the clubs reputation as well.

Fan days - I'd love to be able to open the gates and let the fans come and meet and greet the staff and players. This could be done pre season and used to sell merchandise, gain more fans and sell more tickets. It could also change the way fans think about certain players and give the players a chance to see why they play for the club. It could also be used for improving morale amongst the club.

Love the interview idea. Maybe not at the start of a game but after. It'd be great to see the boards reaction to each of your questions. As long as it was made random each time (i.e don't just pick the obvious and you will get the job). Kind of rewarding to get the job.

Pre season competition - I'd love to be able to set up a pre-season competition where I can offer prize money and a Trophy. You would obviously have to set ticket prices accordingly to make a profit but you could use the comp to attract only the very best teams from around the world or in your league. It would be great to see a comp with 4 - 8 teams such as Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter, Roma, Juve and FC Bayern going around playing each other once for the title. One shot to win against each team and a suitable prize. It would be a great boost for fan attendance and the clubs involved stature. And it would be even better to compare yourself against other top teams and see where you are at. You could set it up to be an annual event.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Lazylen View Post
    Having played some games now with FM10 i have to say the Transfersystem is still a bit off. Normally i turn off transferbudgets during the first window so in the summer only some loans and free transfers are made.

But then when the calender hits january you see ridiculous amounts being spent by the top clubs in Europe. Ok, that can happen.

However, there are too many good players being transfered during the winter and comparing that to real life, that never happens. In what world would Arsenal sell Cesc in the middle of the season for 50 million euros? Or Bayern that sells Ribery for 40 - 50 million. If im correct there has never been a january transfer that has ben over 20 million euros. So why do clubs like Real and Man City spend over 200 million in the winter?

My idea around this is simple. Let clubs be more macho so they just refuse bids on their top players, saying come back in the summer to the big teams. In my opinion clubs are too friendly to one another in the winter. They should be harder to negotiate with during the winter trying to keep their squads together. Now managers dont seem to care what happens to their players and sell em despite having a good season with their star players.

Another thing. After the 6 or was it 5 years of FM? non playing players still get transfered for ridiculous amounts. Giovanni Dos Santos always gets sold voor over 40 million euros, despite having played a handfull of matches for Tottenham. It seems to me the AI reads the PA and CA of a player, but dont look at reputation.

If a player doesnt play that often his reputation and therefore his market value should drop significantly instead of growing. Ive seen transfers of 50 million and more with players who didnt play more then 10 matches for a squad over 2 whole seasons. But the player had a PA of 190, so according to the editor its a world class player to be.

Maybe SI should rewrite the transfer system again, making Reputation the biggest factor instead of the CA and PA. A 19 year old Serbian player with a PA of 180+ who hasnt played one single senior or youth international match has no reputation what so ever and could never be sold for 20 million or more, thats just plain bs.

Therefore the PA should be left out of consideration with transfers.
    which serbian player is this, i am just curious and which klub is he in?

Thanks

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by LoT77 View Post
    And I almost forgot! Very important: Swap position

There should be two types of swapping, first when they play based on the instruction of the other post, and SECOND, when a player brings his own instructions to his new post!! For exampe when I have two wingers, one is a line-winger who can play both sides (like McGeady) ohter is a creative force ( f.e. Cani, Sosa, Ren. Augusto, Arda Turan, ect), i really dont want to swap them to play a role they are not that effective in, but only to swich sides!
    YES!

Very very muchly!

100% Concurred!

More of this sort of thing!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Oypus View Post
    This has most likely been mentioned before, but how about players learning the language BEFORE they move to another country?

I have 2 examples. One is a Brazilian regen who was 16 at the time I put in a bid for him. It was accepted, and as the rules dictate, he cannot come here until he turns 18. So basically he has two years. I have checked back with him one year later, and found that he still speaks only Portugese. Could he not at least put in an effort to learn some basic Spanish? He knows what's going to happen! I have a Croatian regen in a similar situation. 16, and I bet he won't have learned a word of Spanish in two years.
    Agreed with this too.

I arranged to buy a south American DL when he was 15... 2 years later he still can't even speak basic English... I'm still hoping he gets his act together before he signs ;)

Amateur

Pre-Match Advice Meetings

Selection suggestions for the upcoming game, based on fitness, match practice, height/strength/creativity/technique/etc. (in association with the existing "we have a height advantage", "we have a technical advantage", "they have a cave troll" messages), who's been training well, who has looked like they REALLY want to be selected for the upcoming match and which players haven't seemed too bothered (or have been unexpectant) about being selected.

E.g. "Due to our obvious superiority in the upcoming match, it might be a good opportunity to give a few youths a run-out. Player X and Player Y have been particularly excelling in training and in Reserve/U18 matches and are certainly deserving of a first-team outing."

or "Player Z has seemed complacent in training the last few days, as though turning up against Team X will be enough"

Or something.
    Last edited by fyl2u; 07-01-2010 at 16:06.

Just far more 'intelligent' interactions.

And P for Plenty of it.

Please.

Reserves

Small but very useful idea - At post match team talks, highlight the man of the match, if a player on your team has won it. Saves some time in switching from one screen to another, like I said, small but helpful.

Amateur

A small request:

In the TV view, when making a quick substitution, I'd like the 'Player Role' and 'Duty' drop-down menus added. For instance, if I'm replacing a striker who plays best as an Advanced Forward with one who plays best as a Poacher, I'd like to be able to quickly swap his role over when changing the players over.

Amateur

Much more interaction with players,board,staff and media!

Amateur

Chance to tell every player exanctly the thing you expect them to do in a match. Like telling a defensive midfielder; "I want you to make this game a living hell for Steven Gerrard" or for a striker "You need to score tonight or you'll find yourself on the bench in next game." or for a young lad in first game; "Play it simple. Don't try anything fancy. I believe in you!"

Amateur

Lightbulb Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

i love the 3D stadium and construction in LMA, that would be good, maybe the ability to take assistant managers jobs, a route into bigger clubs quicker maybe? alot of managers set their assistants to jobs as i do....so could this be possible?

Amateur

I really want a version were your loses are justifiable. I get that occasionally in football the dominant team may end up losing, but every match I lose, I dominate. I don't mind the loss, it just gets a bit tiring having 65% poss., 35 shots and losing 1-0. Just let the AI beat the crap out of me.

This would also cut down on all of the "AI cheats, matches are fixed" stuff flying around.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel_lfc View Post
    Those are some nice features boys.
    CLASSIC lol I was laughing my a** OFF lol

Semi Pro

Fixed Matches and Drugs Ban :P Would be class

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by nedlug81 View Post
    More thoughts...

- Allow for very obscure reputations
    - Smaller regions for scouting. I doubt my Level 10 side should be able to scout other cities or counties in England - much less other countries!
    - Amateur & part-time players for lower leagues should need to look for a supplemental job if they are moving.
    - Smaller stadia shown in the 3D rendering - the small covered stands in the middle of the sideline.
    - Make it more difficult to lure a player getting paid to sign an amateur contract.

Amateur

Arrange Friendly menu...

Any chance we could have our feeder clubs in the menu next to our own reserves and youth team?

Have you counted how many clicks it takes to arrange a friendly with your own feeder clubs at the moment?

I arrange 10-15 friendlies per season for my reserves, most often against one of my feeder clubs. The clicks don't half mount up.

Amateur

Dynamic league reputation, dynamic CL and EL spots. This NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

Amateur

ummm i would like to see game i can actually play, not this junk.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by chefman21 View Post
    More fan input in signing players. I'd love a screen to show what the fans think of:
    *Your transfer policy e.g "The fans are sick of your youth transfer policy and feel we need established stars" or "Are concerned at the sale of the number of players from the club and feel we need to increase squad depth not shrink it"
    *Who we should sign e.g "The fans would like to see you sign one world class player this season (or similarly demand you to sign)" or "The fans believe this club is short players in the following areas:" then it could show positions they believe are short on depth or quality. Another one could be "The fans believe Chiellini, Villa, Arshavin and Lloris would be great for the club and feel you should focus on signing one or more of these players" This could be used to increase your support within the club. No board wants to sack a manager who is popular.

A really in depth communication aspect. For example meeting players before, during and after the season to express what you want from them this season or next, what they are doing well this season and what they can improve on, individual player communication during the game etc. The board could do the same with you and the players. The fans could be doing the same with the club in general.
    I second this.

Press Conferences
    I give press conferences on a regular base as well. How come the fans never tell me what they think of my answers? The board giving a response is a good idea as well.

And my players 'sometimes' react to them. They "Are not pleased with my comments". Not pleased by which comment? I've answered about 10 questions, but there is no indication which one they react to. It would be nice if the captain could actually come to me in a news-post telling me who responded badly to which comment, instead of having to look at every player to see who had any feelings about them. That is, in my opinion, also one of the roles a captain plays, to deliver the dressing room atmosphere to the manager. So the reactions of me talking to the press are obviously part of them, as such things are often being discussed inside and outside the dressing room.

Perspective
    It would also be interesting to see something similar to: "You said that you'd like to focus on young talent, but so far you've only been buying established people. Why is that?"
    This is particularly interesting if the board also liked the 'young talent'-perspective. Imagine how a board with little money reacts if you said you're trying to nurture young talent and instead spend a lot of money on experienced, old players. They might get annoyed by you and wonder what your real intent is.

Pitch interaction
    I really miss the player interaction on the pitch. It would be really nice to single out a particular player on the pitch and tell him to mark his man better. In real life there is always at least someone close enough to the manager to carry his message to the player in particular during a dead ball situation or so.

Substitutions & Team Talk
    The above could also be reflected in the half-time talk, to comment on that particular interaction being carried out well or not. Or to give such a comment upon substituting a player: "You aren't capable of marking your man well enough. I'm substituting you for someone who can." (neutral) or "I told you to mark your man and you don't. Go take a shower and learn to listen." (angry)

But in general it is a nice idea to actually be capable of telling a player why he gets substituted. I'm thinking of things like: "I needed a more offensive player on the pitch." (tactical) or a "Thanks for the hard work in chasing the ball all the time. Go take a rest and someone else will take over." (low fitness)

This could even be reflected by a particular personality trait of the manager. If you're a harsh/strict one, more neutral/harsh options could be displayed, but if you're the type of manager who is involved much in everything then you get more friendly/soft comments to carry out. But why not allowing all of them? If we can have several options ranging from 'Low reputation' to 'high reputation' in arranging friendlies, why not having a range 'friendly comments' to 'harsh comments' in our team talk?

Pre- and post season interaction
    How about being able to inquire the players how they feel about the current captain? Or who they would recommend to take the role of captain? You could at least ask the captain who he believes would be a good vice-captain, instead of the assistant manager just telling you who he'd believe make a good (vice) captain.

What about the board/press asking you at the end of the season what you think of the final position you ended up with? What your plans are for next season, so the board can anticipate on that by allocating more transfer money, more wage budget or allow an expansion of the staff.

If you aim at talented youngsters, a summary of whose players have broken through during the year you were leading the team. Or perhaps a summary of which players have developed into players you might be using next year.

Amateur

One thing I would like to see is a more dynamic chairman. For example, if my chairman was Sheikh Mansour, he may only turn up at certain games. If he turned up at a game where you lost heavily, he may begin to heap pressure on you. A chairman like Niall Quinn on the otherhand would attend all games, and would be much fairer

I'd like to see more interaction between Chairman and fans. I'd like to see fans calling for chairman's heads too, with the chairman either injecting funds or replacing the manager.

It would be great to see more interaction with the chairman and transfer sums. For example, if I was close to signing Messi, but was a couple of million short, I could go to the chairman and ask him to give me a few extra million which would increase the club's global appeal, merchandise and overall league position.

Finally, I'd like to see different personalities of chairman. Some chairman may be wsnting to increase the clubs stature in Asia to earn more money for themselves, so they might tell me to play a Chinese player at least 10 times a season. Other chairman may just want success for their club, and are very quick to sack managers. Whilst many would be more old-fasioned and will give you more time.

It's just a small part of he game, but I believe it can drastically impove an already brilliant game

Amateur

I've been thinking for a while, and I'm not sure if this has been brought in recently because I haven't played in about 2 months...

But I'd like to see an option where you ask the player about a possible transfer.

For example, if Team A and B offer 20m for Player C. I'd like to ask C what he would prefer (what team to go to, or whether he'd like to stay at my club).

The importance of this is: it really annoys me when I have a great team and I think the players are happy and wouldn't want to leave. Then someone like Bayern Munich makes a bid, I say 'no' and the player gets disappointed. It'd be nice just to have a small sentence saying "would definitely like to move to Bayern", "would consider a move", "is uncertain" or "would prefer to stay".

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Teamy View Post
    I've been thinking for a while, and I'm not sure if this has been brought in recently because I haven't played in about 2 months...

But I'd like to see an option where you ask the player about a possible transfer.

For example, if Team A and B offer 20m for Player C. I'd like to ask C what he would prefer (what team to go to, or whether he'd like to stay at my club).

The importance of this is: it really annoys me when I have a great team and I think the players are happy and wouldn't want to leave. Then someone like Bayern Munich makes a bid, I say 'no' and the player gets disappointed. It'd be nice just to have a small sentence saying "would definitely like to move to Bayern", "would consider a move", "is uncertain" or "would prefer to stay".
    There is already a bit at the bottom of the transfer offer screen which tells you if the player wants to talk to the bidding club....

Lurker

Angry Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Please compile this game for iPod Touch and iPhone !!!
    I'd be happy to beta test it, or buy it.

Wim

Amateur

less confusing training

Amateur

1. Being able to create set pieces instructions,
    2. Having a dugout view, to see wot actual managers see
    3. Better half time instructions, telling the players wot part of their game they can improve on
    4. Better media and Press Conferences
    5. Better in-game player instructions, if you see a player making poor decisions have a go at him there and then!!!
    6. having a Managers player of the year choice

Amateur

Taking a postion at a club where the Director of football signs and sells players with little input from us the manager, that is what is happening at clubs up and down the country.

Part-Timer

My wish is a simple and organized UI that is more graphical that shows the same as now, but with less text.

An Fifa Manager graphic approach so to say.

Amateur

I would like the match ratings to not be decided by one-off occasions that happen in the match.

This is definitely a big change that needs to be made and should not be too difficult, I think, to implement.

As it stands, a goalkeeper can have a good game and then make one bad mistake picks up a 5(as happened for me with Leo Franco in goal for Argentina),
    while a striker who does nothing all game and then scores one goal can pick up between a 7 and an 8(as happened for me with Carlos Tevez for Argentina).

The problem would be solved if we could simply ignore match ratings and continue playing the players we thought played well, irrespective of their match rating.

However if we do this, we get criticized by the fans and the board for not playing these players who were 'playing well' so this becomes a problem.

Please comment if you agree or disagree.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bearsy View Post
    Agents agents agents!!

They are an integral part of football today and as this series aims to simulate the real life footballing world i find it amazing that agents are still barely in the game!

The only involvment that i can see in agents is to occasionally send u a clip of a player, or invite you to make an offer...and even thats only once every other season at best. Or simply having the agent mentioned when carrying out contract negotiations is not enough.

You should be able to contact agents of footballers to see if they'd be interested in joining as is the norm in modern day football, regardless of whether its legal or not! They should also play a part in making the player unhappy, and hence reducing the asking price or at least increase the willingness of the team to sell to you.
    As a friend of few agents, this a GREAT IDEA ... I have been told great stories of how the agents affected the players morale/happiness because he can get him X deal if he plays bad to get him out of a contract or X deal if he scores X amount of goals, or telling the player to goto the media and call out the coach.... its crazy !!!

Amateur

I would like to see more media Coverage - Magazine Articles on certain information about players , coaches, trades...
    The press area is quite boring to say the least... But thats also boring in real life.
    Is it possible to add chants to the game? Not sure ...? never tried?

Amateur

When you have 2-3 games to go and you pretty much have everyone beat in points , you can switch out your regulars and put in the youth squad to ( since you already won ) without affecting morale, fans..... This is huge since an injury might occur or something or another thing... Make the AI aware that , hey you already won and you are just putting in your reserves or youth to give them playing time.... A quick mathematicl calcuation would be needed for this feature no??? if user points is X and X cannot be beaten by Z games remaining, than user will not suffer morale drops, or fans complaining... and the media would pick up on it also saying that you are being smart to test out your players...

Amateur

May I suggest that there's an option to allow all teams to be injury-free at the start of a new game? Just like the "allow transfer budget at start of game" option. I understand that the injuries are there for realism, but because as everyone starts new games at different times, especially when after the patch that includes the January transfers, the injuries do not tally with the new arrivals anyway.

Comments?

Amateur

I'd like to be able to give a quick substitute the same input as I can when I make it at half time ie you can make the difference.

Also if a board decide in their wisdom that your club should turn professional the staff and key players contracts should be upgraded automatically. If a player doesn't want full-time maybe a mutual termination of his contract could happen.

The wage budget should increase too my club has the same budget as when it was part - time 2 days earlier.

Amateur

Better relationship systems, more communication options :=) Realism.

Oh, and another thing, but I guess it is close to impossible; Starting a game with only regens and not real life players, because im under the impression that quite a few would like that.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by yerug View Post
    Better relationship systems, more communication options :=) Realism.

Oh, and another thing, but I guess it is close to impossible; Starting a game with only regens and not real life players, because im under the impression that quite a few would like that.
    You already can, can't you?

Isn't there a "Use real players" tickbox or something similar in the New Game wizard?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fyl2u View Post
    You already can, can't you?

Isn't there a "Use real players" tickbox or something similar in the New Game wizard?
    I think that just gives them different names (I asked in the all-nighter thread ). I'd love to have just random regens in every team.

Amateur

I'd love to see more, much more control over club finances. At the moment there is not much you can do if the club is losing money, except for selling a couple of players. I wouldn't mind a revamp of sponsorships - because at the moment we are limited to just reading a message that a new sponsorship deal has been agreed.

Stadiums - some control over what is build and how would be nice.

I know most of these decisions are made on the board level and a lowly manager usually has nothing to say, but still...it would add a breath of fresh air to the game.

I will probably get crucified for saying this but...
    SI - look at Fifa manager. Sure, the game is crappy and not exactly well polished with numerous AI issues...but the ideas, the depth, the choices!!!

Lurker

I don't know if anyone has written anything on this subject but I have clearly seen that keepers in 10.2 are wonder keepers. I have Jo, Rafael Sobis, Acquafresca, Paloschi and Neymar for striker positions and after I have installed 10.2, I have clearly seen a huge drop in scoring one-on-one positions. It was far better in 10.1.1. I cannot understand why you have changed this. Last match against Sporting CP, I had 20 shots, 11 on, 8 clear cut, but 0 goals.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Riffraff View Post
    I'd love to see more, much more control over club finances. At the moment there is not much you can do if the club is losing money, except for selling a couple of players. I wouldn't mind a revamp of sponsorships - because at the moment we are limited to just reading a message that a new sponsorship deal has been agreed.

Stadiums - some control over what is build and how would be nice.

I know most of these decisions are made on the board level and a lowly manager usually has nothing to say, but still...it would add a breath of fresh air to the game.

I will probably get crucified for saying this but...
    SI - look at Fifa manager. Sure, the game is crappy and not exactly well polished with numerous AI issues...but the ideas, the depth, the choices!!!
    your correct in saying that most of these decisions are made in the board room but im sure Sir Alex Ferguson would get a say if United wanted to move to a new stadium or other things. Maybe it could be implemented but you only get these options when you have been at a club a certain length of time or held in high regard.

They do it with feeder clubs dont they. When you start the board chooses your options for you. A few seasons later you can ask which type of feeder you want. A few seasons after that you can request a club of your choice

Amateur

Telling players that there will not be a new contract at the end of the season. They often reject offers for a low basic wage but it will nbe higher than nothing or being unemployed for a bit like many seem to be

Trophy Room to look at

Players learning from past experience. If you have shot widely over the bar three times you make sure the next one is one target even if you are conservative and shoot centrally. If you have had a 1:! and failed to score next time try something different

Semi Pro

I've done a search of this thread and of the 21 posts in this thread, none of them mention what I'd like to know.

As a manager, particularly at a lower level club, I'd be in charge of some aspect of training. How come I can never know what my personal coaching attributes are? When I click on the attributes for other head coaches to see if they are willing to come to my team, then I can see their attributes. I know managers delegate a lot to their assistants regarding training, but when the Board only allows two coaches, surely the manager would be in charge of training, hence he'd need attributes too.

Then, along the same lines, I'd like to be able to decide what my attributes might be, even if I have to use a random attribute generator to get some kind of stats to impact my team's training. I could also find coaches who complement my coaching attributes.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Jenner View Post
    the option to buy a youngster then loan em back to the club for a year as part of the season... or can you already do this?
    Cracking idea if you're a small club with a promising youngster.

Amateur

Something I also am missing is importance ratings for leagues... im in the Brazilian League , we have State , Brazilian , Libertadores , Sul Americana .... In order of importance is goes Libertadores , Brazilian , Sul Americana , State.... since i qualify for the Copa Sul Americana and playing the brazilian , I usually send my Reserves to Sul Americana ... Getting the Brazilian #1 is considered in Brazil much more imporant than Sul Americana...

another thing , when the ball is thrown out in a direction the AI reacts immediately while my players often dont run to the ball... ( their stats are all good ) but im talking about when the ball just bounces off something and does 1-2 bounches... they like stutter to it or walk to it...

Amateur

I would like to see the club not disliking me when I leave the club to manage in another league after winning so much with them.
    Also, giving me a warm welcome when I do return to the old club.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TWSOIA View Post
    Much more interaction with players,board,staff and media!
    Defo, would like more interaction with other managers, meetings after game....player suggestions once you have built a good relationship etc...

Also like to have my own agent, who I can ask to find me new job etc etc

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by josh.banter View Post
    I would like to see the club not disliking me when I leave the club to manage in another league after winning so much with them.
    Definitely agree with this....managed to get the Saints promoted to Championship at first attempt even with 10 point deduction, now I've left it's as if I was never there!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by josh.banter View Post
    This appears to have cropped up a few times recently. This is my idea, slightly embellished, from another thread. I don't claim any great originality since I'm sure such ideas have been thrown around before.

Surely this is something that could be at least partially addressed by adding a press conference/statement after a manager leaves a club (or adding questions to the conference after taking a new job). Probably shouldn't apply if a manager has been sacked (you generally don't hear from sacked managers formally until they start doing specific media interviews irl), but if you move on without being sacked perhaps you should get the opportunity to give your reasons and your feelings - Offer I couldn't refuse/Felt it was time for a new challenge/Taken the club as far as I could/Difference of opinion with the board. With the feelings about the move it could be altered depending on your time with the club or reputation there so a long-serving manager who had brought success would be able to say they would always have a soft spot for the club or hoped the fans would understand the move while a manager who jumps ship after a year would be limited to more selfish options (ie, 'I had a good spell here, even if it was short'/'Football is a business and this club was just another step on the ladder for me.').

My concern would be that it might be a bit tricky to provide negative options, (or would be too easy to win credit by lying) but if you're just trying to mitigate an inevitable loss (say 100 points of overall reputation with the club up to the maximum 100 dislike) then it would still work (ie giving the best answers would see you lose nothing - it wouldn't be realistic to gain rep by leaving - while giving some good and some indifferent answers would lead to a loss of 30 points and take you from legendary to favoured personnel or from indifferent to mildly disliked. Obviously saying the club were just another job to you and you were only looking out for number 1 would see you lose the full 100. Only the most loyal and successful managers would get the questions to keep their club rep intact, everyone else would see a guaranteed drop.

In brief, I see it as going something like this:
    Manager gets the sack - Nothing changes.
    Manager accepts another offer - Release statement based on 3 or 4 set questions/answer extra questions in press conference at new club explaining reasons for leaving and their feelings about their old club and about the move itself.
    By leaving the club the manager opens himself/herself to a maximum 100 point reduction in rating (a true legend risks dropping to indifference or mild dislike, a regular manager risks extreme dislike) but can win back points by answering questions. The amount of points they can win back depends on their answers, but also hinges on longevity and success with the club which open better options to the manager.

Thoughts appreciated.

Amateur

Since this has come up, I'll say it here instead of the thread I started a couple of years ago I'd also like the option to tell a player why I turned down an offer for him (I want to build the team around him, I'm trying to sign player D to work with him, the offer wasn't good enough).

I had a player Unh for a whole season because a fellow human player (playing as Liverpool) made a stupid £2.5m bid for one of me £10m+ valued players but because it was Liverpool, he felt he should have been allowed to talk to them. Me explaining my reasons could have avoided that.

Amateur

Gbr Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

hey guys i myself would like to see a business side to the game like setting up your own sponsorship deals for your club maybe setting things like ticket prices and membership just a idea what do u think??????

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blueflag81 View Post
    hey guys i myself would like to see a business side to the game like setting up your own sponsorship deals for your club maybe setting things like ticket prices and membership just a idea what do u think??????
    That's not really anything a manager would do in real life.

Amateur

Not sure if this had been put on, couldn't bring myself to read 53 pages of ideas but I'd like to see something where you could get a ranking of players in each position by coaches in addition to the team reports. I feel this would be a good way to determine the improvements of youth players and decline of older players.

Third Team

Just more on the interviews, really.

The ability to recognise when you return to a club.

I've recently taken Albacete back over, after a season or two with other clubs. I became a club legend and on returning, not a single question was about how it felt to be back or how it felt to be warmly recieved etc etc

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    That's not really anything a manager would do in real life.
    I see where you are coming from maybe just have it as a option on the game something you could include if you want to or if you dont play without the option.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by blueflag81 View Post
    I see where you are coming from maybe just have it as a option on the game something you could include if you want to or if you dont play without the option.
    I'd be all right with it being optional, but people would probably complain anyway.

They complain that the game is too realistic now, because they don't win every game. They would complain then that the game isn't realistic enough.

Looking at it this way, SI just can't win!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    And also FM be be on home consoles in the future.
    Personally, I'd rather their effort went fully into finely tuning the PC/Mac version than producing a watered down console version.

When a player is labelled "the next xxxxxx", could we possibly get a bit more information? My footballing knowledge is fairly good, but I had an instance on another game where someone was compared to a 60's Dutch legend. Now, while anyone from the Netherlands, or over a certain age may know who they were, I frankly had no idea. How about something more along the lines of;

"Could emulate leading forward Alan Shearer"
    "Touted as equalling attacking fullback Cafu", etc.

Particularly for central midfielders, its difficult to tell whether they will be better attacking of defending.

When the setting is applied for your assistant manager to arrange friendlies, a nice touch would be if your assistant either asked a country you would like a tour of, or proposed a choice of perhaps four countries which he feels it would be beneficial to tour. He would then go away and find three or four opponents in that country.

Finally, based on a current problem I'm having. A wonderkid, despite not seeming particularly unhappy, is unwilling to sign a new contract with two years to run. As part of player interaction, I would like to be able to tell him that I believe he can become a great player at my club, and try and encourage him to sign a contract. I know I'm being a bit vague here, but he had been unsettled by transfer speculation recently, and I want to be able to tell him that I think he has a definite future with me.

Amateur

A couple of things:

1. The editor: I would love to be able to edit the Champions League, the Olympics, the World Cup, etc. (well, mainly I care about continental club competitions since I think the international stuff works just about perfectly). I want to be able to edit all aspects of the CL and the Copa Sudamerica and the CONCACAF stuff (as you can tell by where I live, I'd like to be able to edit CONCACAF). Also, fewer clicks for the editor would be nice, but more functionality (in the sense that I should be able to edit anything and everything) is the key for me.

2. Board interaction: I want to be able to ask the board to hire more staff. I feel like I'm hamstrung sometimes.

3. More variety in the press conference questions.

4. Make the career earnings worth something. Let me quit my job as manager and buy a small club and become chairman. Let me hire a manager or be the manager myself (either way). I think that would be an awesome challenge for veteran players.

Once again, thanks for a fantastic game, SI!
    Last edited by naxself; 18-01-2010 at 03:39.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by naxself View Post
    A couple of things:

1. The editor: I would love to be able to edit the Champions League, the Olympics, the World Cup, etc. (well, mainly I care about continental club competitions since I think the international stuff works just about perfectly). I want to be able to edit all aspects of the CL and the Copa Sudamerica and the CONCACAF stuff (as you can tell by where I live, I'd like to be able to edit CONCACAF). Also, fewer clicks for the editor would be nice, but more functionality (in the sense that I should be able to edit anything and everything) is the key for me.

2. Board interaction: I want to be able to ask the board to hire more staff. I feel like I'm hamstrung sometimes.

3. More variety in the press conference questions.

4. Make the career earnings worth something. Let me quit my job as manager and buy a small club and become chairman. Let me hire a manager or be the manager myself (either way). I think that would be an awesome challenge for veteran players.

Once again, thanks for a fantastic game, SI!
    2. Great Idea. Sometimes it would be nice to have a couple extra scouts on hand or another coach to ease the workload

4. Very cool... It would be a completely different game though...

Another thing I'd like to see is an ability to sit down with your coaches at the start, middle and end of the season to discuss the direction you want the club to focus on. Individually, for example, you want x player to achieve x result by the end of the season. Not moves they can do, things such as wanting x to reach 20 in shooting. As a whole, for example, you want the team to be competent or exceed in their knowledge of time wasting/closing down etc or you would like to focus on developing x style of play. I know you can set your team to play a certain style of play, but focusing the club on playing and understanding certain styles of play could benefit the players you have. If you had an attacking team such as Arsenal, it could really benefit their midfield and strikers. It's something that would need a lot of thought put into it but I think it would be an interesting aspect in the game.

Also, rather than "Improve Training Facilities" as a whole, I'd like all (but mainly poorer) clubs to be able to decide what facilities they want to improve. Make it a cheaper option for the clubs involved rather than improving as a whole. For example, a new gym for Strength, Stamina, agility, Pace etc or a machine that can improve tackling or shooting.

I'd also like to be able to send your coaches away for professional training at some stage to improve their abilities.

Semi Pro

Contract extensions. The two things I wouldn't mind seeing, though only the first seems properly implementable, are;

1. Offering a player a contract with the option of additional years. Not to the point where I could offer a 5 year contract, plus an extra 3, which would tie a player down for most of his career, but imagine if you will the following scenarios.
    30 year old John Smith (say) is available on a free transfer. Now, he seems like he could be quite a good player, but I don't want to take too much of a chance on an ageing player. I offer him a one-year deal, with an option to extend it a further year subject to a 15% pay rise. This way if I rejuvenate his career, he doesn't walk out on me to join a bigger club. Alternatively if he is garbage, I can get rid after one year.
    Or consider perhaps that I would like to sign Danish forward Johanne Smythe (say). He has been doing well for his continental club, and I would like to bring him to the Premiership. He is only costing £4-5m, so is not a major gamble, but I don't really want to be stuck with him for 5 years if he is rubbish. I could offer him a two year deal, with the option to extend for a further two years subject to a 20% pay rise. If it doesn't work, we shake hands and he goes back to Europe after two years. If it does work, I have a quality striker for at least four years.

2. Alternatively, we could look at the transfer conditions stipulated by a small number of players who have committed to a club for as long as they play. I have only heard rare mention of this, so I would imagine not too many players would take kindly to it, but hear me out.
    Jón Esmit is playing for his boyhood club in Spain. At the age of 28, both himself and the club are content with their relationship. He is unlikely to want any more money throughout his career, and already has the idea that he would like to finish at his current club. The manager offers him a contract lasting a minimum of 3 years at his current salary, but provided he plays at least 20 games in that final year, it will automatically renew for a further year with the same conditions. Indeed, every time he plays 20 games a season, his contract will renew for an additional year.
    Conversely, Jonny O'Smith is something of a journeyman. He has been through a number of clubs in his career, and at the age of 33, just wants a club where he can finish his career in style. A Championship manager thinks he would make a good signing purely for his experience, offering Jonny a one year deal. However, should Jonny play in 35 games, and prove himself, his contract will automatically renew itself for one year. A possible alternative is that his contract could automatically renew at an increased wage should his new side win promotion, as a reward for his contribution

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    Contract extensions. The two things I wouldn't mind seeing, though only the first seems properly implementable, are;

1. Offering a player a contract with the option of additional years. Not to the point where I could offer a 5 year contract, plus an extra 3, which would tie a player down for most of his career, but imagine if you will the following scenarios.
    30 year old John Smith (say) is available on a free transfer. Now, he seems like he could be quite a good player, but I don't want to take too much of a chance on an ageing player. I offer him a one-year deal, with an option to extend it a further year subject to a 15% pay rise. This way if I rejuvenate his career, he doesn't walk out on me to join a bigger club. Alternatively if he is garbage, I can get rid after one year.
    Or consider perhaps that I would like to sign Danish forward Johanne Smythe (say). He has been doing well for his continental club, and I would like to bring him to the Premiership. He is only costing £4-5m, so is not a major gamble, but I don't really want to be stuck with him for 5 years if he is rubbish. I could offer him a two year deal, with the option to extend for a further two years subject to a 20% pay rise. If it doesn't work, we shake hands and he goes back to Europe after two years. If it does work, I have a quality striker for at least four years.

2. Alternatively, we could look at the transfer conditions stipulated by a small number of players who have committed to a club for as long as they play. I have only heard rare mention of this, so I would imagine not too many players would take kindly to it, but hear me out.
    Jón Esmit is playing for his boyhood club in Spain. At the age of 28, both himself and the club are content with their relationship. He is unlikely to want any more money throughout his career, and already has the idea that he would like to finish at his current club. The manager offers him a contract lasting a minimum of 3 years at his current salary, but provided he plays at least 20 games in that final year, it will automatically renew for a further year with the same conditions. Indeed, every time he plays 20 games a season, his contract will renew for an additional year.
    Conversely, Jonny O'Smith is something of a journeyman. He has been through a number of clubs in his career, and at the age of 33, just wants a club where he can finish his career in style. A Championship manager thinks he would make a good signing purely for his experience, offering Jonny a one year deal. However, should Jonny play in 35 games, and prove himself, his contract will automatically renew itself for one year. A possible alternative is that his contract could automatically renew at an increased wage should his new side win promotion, as a reward for his contribution
    I've always been surprised this was never in the game... It happens all the time in virtually every sport in the world. Seems like an oversight.

Amateur

I would like an exit press conference; for example when leaving a club I may wish to say "I enjoyed my time at x club but I have higher ambitions" or "Moving here was the bigest mistake in my career, the board gave me no support" .... and these things are actually noticed by future prospective employers. Also, there could be similar situation when you are sacked, and/or renew your contract.

All I want is for referees to not spend so goddamn long when giving out cards and warnings.

Amateur

Pay as you play deals, when selling a player to a club the option to loan one of their players in exchange and better regens.

Amateur

have more stats on manager profile...maybe copy the stats that staff have ie..tactical, working with youth players etc and these stats would increase/decrease as you played the game ... instead of just having the 5 stats, loyalty, discipline.

also bring back the manager overview from fm 08...that screen told most of the information about your team in one screen.

being able to add favoured personal/clubs to your profile. i think would be excellent as this could strengthen your relationship(s) with players and clubs.

Also not being removed from a clubs favoured personel list if you leave after a 15 year stint where you took them from the bottom of the football ladder to the top and then got offered a dream job and then all of the sudden your former team barely remembers you.

just an idea if you leave a club and they start to decline and need some sort of saviour, the board may appraoch a previous manager to manage them again.

Amateur

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=48868

I have a few problems with the ai representation of managers on fm.

these are them:

1) managers seem to just have one preferred system which they stick to rigidly. by that I am referring of course the system that they start with. now if we're talking about javier irureta this is a correct representation, but otherwise it's wrong. ferguson will use 442, 433 etc depending on circumstance. man united should not simply be a 433 team, just as inter should not be a 433 side more than one which could play the 41212 diamond with four central midfielders (trust me, jose will get around to using it).

2) while most managers in the premiership are fairly well representated, there is a horrible tendency to ignore managers traits abroad- I don't want to see 20 managers in serie a playing flat 442's, or all italian managers to be "defensive". I don't understand how so much detail can be put in regarding the players and yet every manager outside the premier league is a 442 merchant. it's absurd.

3) 424 when losing- few managers actually employ this shape, and certainly it's affect should not be that suddenly the defending side loses all control over the midfield. the affect should be that the attacking side plays more directly (i.e gets the ball forward with more frequency) and stretches the pitch- the attacking side should attack more, but consequently have less posession (if the defending side keeps their tactics the same)... it's a cop out to give all ai managers this approach when losing the game. some use is, many don't.

4) they don't actually have the traits they should in the transfer market- ferguson for example should be buying mainly from within the league, wenger from africa and france (and rarely spending more than £15m), moyes should look at the lower leagues when possible and ancelotti should be signing players who a) who have done well in serie a, and b) big internation stars aged 28+... he won't sign nasri and wenger won't spend £25m on curtis davies for example.

5) well, let's be honest, they're all generally much worse than they should be. I understand it's a game and things need to be forgone to make it playable, but benitez should not take liverpool to 9th place in 4 seasons, wenger should not be sacked within 3... they need to be better at their jobs.

6) regen managers need to be a lot, lot better. once the originals have retired the new managers are just generally hopeless, and the game becomes far too easy.

someof those were extreme examples- these are general points, so don't ask for save game files, that's not the point.

just wondering really if any changes have been made regarding the above?

Amateur

I like the sound of the "option for X more years" in the contracts. That's a great idea.

I also think the exit press conference would be a good idea.

A few more from me:

1. The ability to be a caretaker manager. If I'm unemployed mid-season, I would like to see clubs offering me a six-month deal with my only target being to avoid relegation (for example), and if I achieve that, they will consider me as a longer-term appointment.

2. A greater variety of manager 'personalities/styles'. Does my career suggest I'm a great dynasty builder, or an impact manager who should only be brought in as a firefighter? (Arsene Wenger or Glenn Roeder in other words). I would like to see the jobs I'm offered reflect that; I would be approached by different clubs with different length contracts and expectations as a result.

3. More loan options. As Arsenal are reportedly hoping to do with Jack Wilshere, I would sometimes like to loan out a young star to a team in the same division as me so that he gets good match practice. I often find that even if I'm a Premiership club, nobody above League One will touch my youngsters. I'd also like to make clear when I offer him around that he is NOT for sale. Too often, the only club playing at an acceptable level spoils their bid by wanting to agree a fee, so I have to negotiate with them which means the whole business drags on.

4. A greater variety of off-field facilities. These could also have some impact on my players and training. For example, in reality, AC Milan have a cutting-edge medical centre which helps prolong their players' careers. Perhaps, when my club is rich enough, I could invest in one of these, and when built it would slow the rapid decline in older players' physical stats that currently occurs in FM.

5. Following on from 4, a greater variety of coach-roles. Maybe a Sport Scientist who can help your Fitness Coach, or a Psychologist to help with Man Management or Motivating.

6. (I know these have been mentioned before by others) Pre-season player challenges: "I want you to establish yourself in the first team"; "I want 20 goals from you this year"; "You're a good player, but I want more end product" [i.e. more assists/goals, which could have a negative impact too as the player wastes good chances by passing when he should be shooting, or vice versa, because of your challenge] and so on.

Amateur

I like being able to tell my scout to restrict his search to 21 and under players while traveling around Central Europe.

I like being able tell a different scout to look for players aged 21-28 while also traveling around Central Europe.

I just wish there was a way to see these constraints after setting them. The scout assignment screen only tells you where they are scouting but no other details.

Please consider adding either a popup box, a drop-down menu, or some other way to show all filtering constraints that were made when the assignment was created. This will help us who have teams with tons of scouts working the same area.

Cheers!

Amateur

Haven't read every post in this thread so it may already be here but i'd like to see the following:-

When you sign a player on a pre contract agreement during the January transfer window you can then negotiate to get him in january for a discounted amount, therefore the club he is leaving get a transfer fee for letting him leave early and the club he has agreed to join get the player six months early. Naturally the 'selling' club could reject any immediate transfer proposal but that would be their perogative. This does happen in real life so why not in the game?

Amateur

Hi there,

First, let me say I didn't read the entire thread so maybe this was already posted by someone. Also, I haven't played FM10 yet so I can't say if what I'm going to talk about is already there.

I was doing the teamtalk on the shower last night and I thought of an improvement on the feeder clubs, more specifically the commercial type.

The idea was to have three choices at random like now but you would have information about how much you would earn per year. This would help choosing the affiliation depending on how much you are willing to pay or how much you can afford and if your current one is worthy of your money or if you need to find a better one.
    Of course it would not show the exact figures but it could be done like the example below.

Club A - You'd pay £1,5mil - Marketing profit - £1,8mill to £2,4mill
    Club B - You'd pay £2,5mil - Marketing profit - £2mill to £4mill
    Club C - You'd pay £1mill - Marketing profit - £1,3mill to 2mill

Also, if you have more than one feeder clubs of this type, there could be information on how much profit you are making from them. This could appear on the finances as "profit from feeder clubs", like below.

Club X - Profit - £2,3mill
    Club Z - Profit - £2mill

That's it.
    I'd like to see what you think about this.

Cheers!

Amateur

It would also be quite good if, when a player is signed on a pre contract agreement they started to learn the language of the country they are moving to. \i would expect this would happen in real life so why not in the game?

Part-timer

some player interactions

Tell players I dont want to see that sort of mistake again.

Able to run the match again pointing out positional errors so players learn. Basically show players why the goal went in because this error that error.

We need a way to improve players game.

Another is the game must understand if your forced to play players in alien positions there should be way telling the player why and praise/encourage him for the work he did.

At the moment players instantly get stroppy and morale drops but if your got a small squad then playing out of position is common.
    Also the game if you get injury late in the week we should be able to fast track a loan.

The game takes too long to setup loan deals it takes 2 days sometimes for club to agree and player agree.

We should be able to arange a loan in 4 hours. as an emergency loan.

When signing players

When we get to contract aranging and we giving new player KEY that position already got a KEY player we should be able from the contract screen demote the other player squad status or game warn us we have already key player in that position.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by chefman21 View Post
    4. Very cool... It would be a completely different game though...

Another thing I'd like to see is an ability to sit down with your coaches at the start, middle and end of the season to discuss the direction you want the club to focus on. Individually, for example, you want x player to achieve x result by the end of the season. Not moves they can do, things such as wanting x to reach 20 in shooting. As a whole, for example, you want the team to be competent or exceed in their knowledge of time wasting/closing down etc or you would like to focus on developing x style of play. I know you can set your team to play a certain style of play, but focusing the club on playing and understanding certain styles of play could benefit the players you have. If you had an attacking team such as Arsenal, it could really benefit their midfield and strikers. It's something that would need a lot of thought put into it but I think it would be an interesting aspect in the game.

Also, rather than "Improve Training Facilities" as a whole, I'd like all (but mainly poorer) clubs to be able to decide what facilities they want to improve. Make it a cheaper option for the clubs involved rather than improving as a whole. For example, a new gym for Strength, Stamina, agility, Pace etc or a machine that can improve tackling or shooting.

I'd also like to be able to send your coaches away for professional training at some stage to improve their abilities.
    Not really, if only because the only things you'd really be doing is hiring a general manager/director of football or whatever plus, perhaps, negotiating sponsorship agreements. If you became chairman/manager (unrealistic, I know, but stick with me) you couldn't be fired (unless you accepted a board takeover offer or something). Admittedly, I haven't really thought this through but I think the only thing it would really do is add a business layer to go with the football layer. Also, some players, like me, would really, really enjoy that after 10-20 years of managing for other people. Think of it FM: Entrepreneur. :-D

I love the idea of specific training goals. I think, combined with the other idea of sending coaches to clinics to improve their coaching abilities in the off-season, that would make training more effective and more interesting.

And being able to buy specific training facilities would work beautifully with my suggestion of become chairman (you have to make those difficult choices for once, not just lobby for the best of everything, hehe).

Amateur

One other thing I thought of:

All these edited databases that are being created should be compatible with the editor in FM 11 and so on and with the game. The easiest way would be to make them compatible with the editor and then having the editor save it in a different format for game use (if necessary; since they're all XML files, this may be a moot point. But I wanted to get it out there anyway).

Lurker

Sorry for my english.

I like more options of training. Make little sessions (not complicated). Make (sorry I dont know in english) "balon parado" like corners and fouls and to be able to see in 3d. To see the movement of your players depending on the ball (with and without the ball) before the match and to be able to modify his positions a little if its neccesary.

And, why not??? change the history. Explain, why not begin in the Real Madrid of 1955... After all we just know the players and the future stars of football. I like dream...

Thanks, and sorry for my english

Banned

I would like it if there was an option in the game so that in whichever country you choose to manage the game switches to that language, so that you have to consider a lot before accepting a job in another country.

I realise that this would be a very niche thing but I'd love it and it would help to learn different languages whilst playing!

Third Team

I wish we could see the in-game date on the 'load save game' screen. Right now we only see the real world date of the save.

Lurker

couldnt be doing with reading through all these to see if its been mentioned before..

I play as international manager alot and if a player is available for citizenship for my country quite often it says "sees no benefit", so i would like to see a option to interact and try to persuade him otherwise.

i.e "promise him games" , "finiancial offer" , etc..

Part-Timer

I was thinking about this last night and how the assistant manager features have improved in each version. We have team talk feedback, squad reports, team selections, reports on indiviuals and help with OI's and team talks.

Now with this new tactics creator, I'd like to see some sort of assistant manager function to suggest things like an ideal formation and tactics (including player intructions to maximise any weakness in the opposition) for the next game, this might help me a little more in digesting the scouting reports and seeing out the assitant manager might respond to these reports and how he/she would find the best way of defeating the next opposition. I think this will help me build a set of game plans which I can use depending on the opposition.

Banned

please make each club and league noticeably different from each other,
    eg if you tried to play long ball tactics at say Barcelona you would probably be sacked, quickly.
    Real Madrid's business model demands big name signings,
    Milan has Milanlab to help older players play longer,
    Arsenal are the go to destination for young players etc etc

every club is different, but not in FM. Every league is different, some players cant cope with the change in tempo, tactics etc

Also when there are elections at big european clubs each president makes promises and delivers signings, why not in FM? Each president has different ideas for the club, big money transfers vs youth development so the personality of the club can change hugely, also the new president might want his own manager/players etc.

Please anything that can bring more in game variety

My caretaker manager idea/ the ability to be Reserve/Youth team manager.

My thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=186344

Amateur

My two main wishes for 2011 or future additions:

1. More in-depth training.
    2. More in-depth interaction with players.

In my opinion the three key aspects of a manager are: tactics, coaching and man management. The tactical side of the game is very good so far and quite in-depth. The others leave a fair bit to be desired.

For training, i'm thinking basically that one of the main ways a team improves out there on the pitch is through the work they put in when they're at the training ground. Think of Arsenal and the different training they will do compared to Bolton, in order to play the respective styles of football. There should be more choice and detail over what the squad does in training because at the moment there's none of that; it could really be one way of being able to customise how your team plays by the work it does off the pitch, which would give the player more options and possibilities (always a good thing). At the moment, you just have what area each individual should work on and that's it. I'm not thinking along the lines of the player overseeing training sessions and such because that would take a lot of time and could become dull, but there definitely should be better scope when setting up training regimes (i speak particularly about team training, which is non-existent).

With regards to interaction with players i'm thinking partly in the direction of the squad as a whole. Before you play games in real life you need to manage pressure, tension, complacency, confidence, motivation etc. depending on the match ahead, but there isn't much in the players power currently. There is confidence, motivation, complacency, nervousness already; but not enough that a manager can do to try and control his players' mental state. It would be good to have a more in-depth and focused man management side to the game. How you treat your players and how you prepare as a group (on an every day basis, as in a general team mentality you instill, and immediately before games to make sure players are mentally ready) is a huge part of football after all.

Both these points are in the game already, i just think that they need much more development. Achieve the level done with regards to tactics, for coaching and man management, and that will be one hell of a realistic management simulation.

As an aside, i'd also like to be able to plan set-pieces much better. It's one of my biggest frustrations. Particularly for attacking free-kicks. You have very little scope to tell players where they should be, and there's no scope for innovation like in real life. In reality, teams will work on specific set-pieces in training and try and execute them in the match situation. As it happens, this would most probably coincide with my first point about training. But also there should be a different way of setting your players up because at the moment it's quite limiting.

Semi Pro

I'd like to be able to set my hometown, as well as my nationality.

Amateur

Purely cosmetic I know But I would like to see fans sitting instead of standing when appropriate. and I woul like to se the pitch turned around so that the dugouts are the same side as you are viewing the match from and not opposite(the same as championship manager)

Amateur

Once again, there's just too many posts to go through....ugh. lol Sorry - yell at me if this has already been posted.

What I'd love to see is clauses in your manager contract, relating to things like "personnel control" (particularly as it relates to the nubmer of coaches you can bring in, control of recruiting and finances) managerial win bonuses (wasn't that a part of FM 07? Or am I dreaming?), things like that. I'd also like to be able to add titles to my job - i.e. "Manager and Director of Football", but do it in such a way that only when and if your reputation gets to a certain level (national or continental), would those options be available. At some point, I'd like to be able to have a career last long enough where a board takes me on as a "General Manager", and allows me to hire my own manager (by the way - whoever posted the idea of the "job interview"...GENIUS!!!).

Even better, now that the game keeps track of career earnings - I'd love to see a message to the effect that "A consortium has invited you to be part of the group that is considering purchasing (insert bankrupt team here). It would cost you 'x dollars/pounds/euros' as part of your investment, and you would be given the title of (general manager/director/director of football). Do you accept?". And if you accept and were employed, you'd have to immediately resign your current job, and risk not having the takeover you were a part of go ahead.

Thoughts?

-Ian.

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast