Closed Thread
Page 42 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,200 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Third Team

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

The additional comments having some effect, like when I suggested that Neville should retire, after a shocker against me, Liverpool, that perhaps those words get into his head, and he has thoughts about retirement, and other comments doing other stuff, like inspiring your players after completely slagging them off.

Would be an awesome thing to have, and that could make you the master of the mind games.

Obviously the whole retirement thing would work on older players, not 20 year olds.

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

news alerts for players reaching 100 intl. caps. New alerts for breaking cap records for country, etc.

Third Team
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."

Just a simple one.

When you are offering a staff member a contract, it sets the wage first on what the person in wanting. But when you change their role, the wage stays the same rather than going to the new wage they've asked for.

Part-timer

Just a small thing but when you offer a new contract to a player and it says " player x is unwilling to discuss a contract at this time" there should be a reason for this included like doesn't get on with player a, wants to win a trophy that he doesn't think is possible at the club etc.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceEgypt View Post
    More accurate staff search/player search - as the Assistant no matter how good he is, will never actually give you a FULL list of interested players/staff.

I have to use Genie to get exactly what i want.
    Isn't that entirely down to your overall scouting coverage? If you don't have scouting knowledge of the players and staff in some backwater country, how is the Assistant Manager going to be able to provide you with a FULL list of interested players/staff? Seems the simple solution is to send your scouts to the countries you don't yet have knowledge of so you can increase that knowledge and expand your lists of interested players/staff.

I was going to post something about youth academies and the like, however browsing the most recent posts and another entire thread dedicated to the topic, it seems I am not the only one who is thinking that way....

Amateur

i think that one of the main problems for si this year is that the fun has kind of gone out of the game and its become abit more acedemic for people. personally i think that si need to address a lot of issues with the game as a lot of people are saying their struggling to get into the game at all! therefore i would like to see hopefully at least 1 of these ideas in the next version or il probs not buy the game.

1. drastic overall of press conferences, there awful! and si missed one major factor in press conferences themselves actually unveiling a new signing! a bit silly when u think about it missing something as simple as that.

2. something with the stadiums, have a 2D blue print of the stadium of ur team and then on the other half of the screen have potential ideas for new stands etc kind of like FIFA manager. and for people that say its not part of a managers duty, then their liying becasue rangers stadium was actually designed by their manager at the time and im sure that new stadiums such as liverpools new stadium did not have some sort of input from Benitez as i doubt he would of let people design the whole stadium who dont know nothing about football!

3. get rid of the 3D match engine!!!!!! si said the technology was there, obviously its not and im sure 80%+ of people who play the game probably dont even use it! they should focus more on other areas.

4. something simple like getting kinghted for e.g. winning the quadruple or something or even being able to arrange testimonial matches, simple little things can go a long way.

5. being able to globalise ur club more, i know u can get feeder clubs in e.g. usa etc and u can buy players which gain extra revenue but what about setting up academies in other parts of the world like in real life or being able to do something with merchandise just to be able to globalise things and make it a bit more fun.

So in conclusion, i think that si have to make the game a lot more fun! maybe even taking a couple of ideas from FIFA manager as i know a lot of my friends who used to play fm up untill this current version have turned to FIFA manager and say that in most areas its a lot better than fm cause its more fun

Third Team
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."

1. Probably something that needs to be looked at.

2. The manager may have some input, but I don't think he's going to design the stadium himself.

3. You can play without it if you want I don't see the problem here

4. Not sure how being knighted makes the game more fun.

5. Academies, yes, choosing your merchandise, no, again something a manager wouldn't do

Amateur

Sorry, I have not read any of this or searched through the threads but I would love to see, career goal scorers and appearances just like OOTP.

I want top 100's etc, surely it cant be too much.

Amateur

I dunno if this has been mentioned

But there should be a wee tick box or an addon for msn with something like this

Currently Managing - Sunderland on football manager 09 u could have the option if u want to show it

Lurker

Hi SI People!!

Sorry if this idea was already posted... I think that it would be really cool if we managers could have an account with the money we make from the contracts we have, subtracting a % for living of course, and be able to invest that money! For example buying players we want and have them play wherever we want, like sport funds do, buying team shares or even buy a smalltown team... Maybe create one too... What do You THINK?? thanks for listening and sorry for the bad english....

Part-Timer

I would like testimonials to be implemented - If a player has been at your club for 10 years (as a rule of thumb) you can make a board request to organise a testimonial for player x. The board would then give you a list of teams that your team featuring the testimonial player can play against. I know IRL testimonial matches contain a whole mix of players from all different clubs - obviously this would be very good to have on FM, but it might be hard to code. But anyway I would really like this to be in the game.

Also, as suggested recently week-by-week odds for promotion, title winners, relegation and cup winners would be great addition - This could then be linked much better to the media prediction finish, press conferences and confidence. I think that this feature would improve the FM interaction vastly.

Amateur

Don't know if this has been mentioned before.

During the season when a player gets injured I get the choice whether to send him to the physio or give him an injection. IIRC it has happened to me that a player gets mad when he receives an injection. So when the e-mail message pops up in the inbox a bit of information should be added on how the player feels about it. If he wants to take the risks that comes with an injection I should know, if he really, really doesn't want one I should know as well. Currently you lack any knowledge about player preferences. IRL you would simply ask a player what his preferences are!!

Part-Timer

can we have the option to say, when we ask board for more transfer money, why we want that money. For example - for a big, high profile signing, and if the signing fails then the board will react.
    Other reasons - need X amount of players for new season, cover for PLAYER NAME, PLAYER NAME is injured - so need replacement,

Amateur

Just more realistic transfers, not teams wanting 130 mil for their David Silva but offering 3 mil for your Micah Richards, its getting better i'd say, but it still could be improved.

Amateur

Simple suggestion but I feel it would be worthwhile to implement...
    On the Goal Keeper 'Distribute To' specific instruction drop down list, positions should be included such as DC, DR/L. This would mean you can distribute to either fullback and break quickly rather than picking just one side and perhaps wasting time for the specific fullback to get into position.

Amateur

I think the following improvements would make FM both more enjoyable and realistic.
    - Regarding training i think it would be better if you could ask a coach to put together a training schedule for a certain player or position, with variable success dependent on his coaching stats.
    - Youth acadamies that you can look at a squad for in different countries and then move them into your U-18's and reserves should you see good potential.
    - On your squad homepage you should be able to customise what stats you see for your players without having to edit coding.
    - When making your tactics you should be able to ask for assistant feedback on this screen on where he believes this will work and what he would do to improve it. Tactical and set piece coaches should also have a say in how they thing your current plan will work and what they would do to make it better.
    - Scouting is much too easy for lower league clubs, with a part time scout you would never get a 25 reports 3 days after scouting players it would take a few months. I also believe that lower scouts should actually show the wrong hidden attributes if they have bad scouting stats, this has happened many times in real life with players being completly wrongly evaluated. At the low end of football it should be incredibly hard to scout a host a good league 1 players whilst in the conference, if this did happen there would many more clubs making huge jumps up the league system. The knowledge system should also be brought down to regional areas of countries for very small clubs.
    - The finance system is good but it would be useful for th board to tell you why you are losing money when you appear to be entirly within budget. I think it would also be more realistic if clubs did have a chairmen who went through financial turmoil and would have to stop funding or even use the clubs funds.
    - The transfer systme need to be completly reworked. firstly for lower league teams it should be incredibly hard to pursuade good players to sign for you and even hard for you to find these players. why would a player with league1 stats be entirly ignored by all other clubs except you, this is unrealistic and should be addressed.
    - Also why do clubs never spend their budgets tht you would have if ou were managing them. i have frequently seen teams in the premiership and championship not by players despite glaring weak links in their first team. their is far more transfers in real life than on FM particually with the biggr clubs and this should be improved so that clubs by the better players they can afford so its more challenging.
    - invloving transfers again, why do clubs in the higher division never invest in young players. you can very easily scout the entire world for the best youth players and face no competion for their signature yet in real life all the big clubs know the majority of the best 16 year old players around the world. Each season all premier league clubs by around three U-18's with good potential and this should be reflected in the game with more competition for these high quality youngsters.
    - A small point about selling and loaning, this should be made easier to do particualarly when you offer your decent youngsters for a few K. loanees will almost always be taken up in real life by someone and this should be reflected in the game.
    - Your U-18's should be filled with more foreign players when at big clubs perphaps players from countries you have been scouting. this would reflect the multiculturalism seen in most league acadamies.
    - i would like to see other clubs more ative in improving their staff like a human player would.
    - In your competition perphaps more build up to big games with a more sky sports news type feel. clubs going on ig runs in any league or having lots of players sent off should come up along with stories of promising youngsters from around the world that have been unearthed. this could also include big game build up with genrated quotes from ex players and pundits it could also include the relegation and promotion permeatations from within your league sysstem. i think this would make the gamemore fun and also reflect real life more accuralty.
    - I think it would be more realistic if the board were more leinant when you are approuched with a job over. this should see them let you negotiaite with other clubs.
    - More chairmen influence on the game. perphaps your chairmen could have stats like patients, ambition, financial security, influenced by fans, inteferenc within club, popularity amongst fans, interest in improving club. you could have meeting with him regarding budgets, loss of form, your ambitions, what he wants to do, and regarding your sacking with stricter circumstances suggestded. E.G you must win your next game. this would be more accurate to real life were the chairmen and fans are the most important people around the club and the relations with these people should be improved.
    - more acuratly looking into you clubs facilities and perpahaps showing a model of your trining ground facilities more in depthe and stadium facilities and show where they are particually in need of repair. Perphaps suggestions regarding improvement could be more in depth with a 3D ground model shown and where the improvemnts will happen. a bit like premier league manager only done with more of the quality of FM.

i know the list is long and sorry for any spellings withn. i think when making the new version the main focus should be making the AI use the games potential to the full like a human manager would be doing. then i would say improving the chairmen and fan situation and gorund and facilities. the game should also be made much harder when bringing a team up through the leagues. the stumbling blocks many of the clubs face like lack of quality player and staff, poor traing, finances, infering chairmen, chairment that dont chair, players demanding to leave by going on strike should be more accuratly represented within the game. Mainly a focus on making the AI do all the things a human manager would do to make the game very challenging would be my main area of focusing development.

Amateur

This thread is so old!!! 2006??
    I want more recognition for end of season achievements. A few text boxs here and there that say who won what is boring. And what about a trophy cabinet?? Just something that makes the season worthwhile...

Amateur

Can we have a way to train up diving/flopping ?

Announcer: "Oh my, surely thats a dive...wait, Mr. Smith is pointing directly to the spot!"
    Colourman: "Och...that was an awful flop, all the flailing and histrionics..you'd think 'is bloody leg was off...caught the referee completely wrong sighted..."

Banned

Yo, Championsleague last 16 draw is made, then the games are played.
    Then quarterf inal and semi are made together, and so the remaining games are played IRL

ATM in the game, all 3 draws are made together, which is incorrect. Can the change be made, it's only small.

Amateur

More of a question really.

Isn't is the case that UEFA decide bans for European competitions, not the FA? I always thought it wouldn't be upto the FA, but the game always refers to the FA upholding a players' European ban.

I think it's obvious what my question, so there's no point typing it - it's a small thing but has bugged me for ages.

Amateur

Sorry if it's been posted before but i would like it if you decide to go all out attack during a game then it is INSTANT. Fed up with waiting 10 mins for the ball to go off and the game ending and nothing happening. After all a manager is just yelling at his players not subbing anyone.

Amateur

I would like to see the option of rather than just offering a contract being able to talk to a transfer target with your vision for the club, where you want to be in 2 years time, who else you want to bring in and how he would fit in with your ambitions. Additionally if you didnt fulfil what you told him, he could become disillusioned and unhappy.
    This would work with my other idea of being able to have talks with players currently at the club, in a sort of press conference style that is currently in fm09.

Also option to manage a womans team.

Part-Timer

A minor yet helpful addition would be to include nations that are exempt from quota rules. In a thread recently, I found out that many african nations were actually exempt from Non-EU player rulings in Spain. As this is obviously coded in FM, a list of countries that do no feature under the ruling would prevent the user having to ask on the form for countries which do not count as Non-EU countries/reasearch themselves.

Semi Pro

it's not so much somthing new but i think regens and AI team rebuilding needs to be improved for long term enjoyment..

regens could be created from bands, a bit like when the game starts there are certain amount of players which start with -1 upto -9 etc, linked with these bands could be a larger type of player personalities. there are so many regens with above 175 for PA but they end up with 2 in key area's or have 3 for consistancy..

As for AI club's and managers there needs to be some kind of stats which will make that manager prefere youth, experiance or mixed, they should have the ability to keep players with high PA and CA depending on age.... these need to be fixed for long term enjoyment

Third Team

I would like to see a feature implemented where that when you sign a new contract or take over a new club, you get to say how you are going to run it.

For example, you take over Preston, say and you say you are going to concentrate on youth. Therefore the club is more likely to generate funds for youth development and more unwilling to fund for big names and older players. Or say you're going to create a Galacticos culture and therefore, all youth signings are pretty much out the door unless they are of a certain level. On the new contract thing, you sign and the same happens, you mention how you are going to run it and go from there.

I would also like to see when managing in Spain, presidential elections. With the then added pressure of trying to sign the player that the incoming president rode in on.

Banned

The option to send coaches to watch my next opponents, maybe not crucial but I'd trust a coaches oponion on a teams tactics, strengths & weaknesses over a scout who should only be interested in finding me the next world talent.

Third Team

For career stats to show all competitive club matches and not just league matches and goals.

Third Team

The option to cancel subtitutions after a goal is scored, if I score lat on to take the lead I'd like the chance to not bring on that extra forward & on the flip side if let one in I'd prefer to change that extra defender for another forward.

Amateur

Hi all,

I have few small ideas..

Calendar improvements
    1. why can´t we add notes to calendar by doubleclicking or rightclicking the date where we want to put a note in.

2. Option to see injuries in calendar. You could have a tickbox or something that when you check it, it would show a small line on the calendar spanning over the dates the player in question is injured. Here´s a photo of what it could look like.

Matchviewing improvement
    1. If you want to check on an player more closely on the pitch, now what you can do is click on him and it displays his name all the time + the ones that are closest to the ball.
    What if you could highlight the name with different colours?

for example, I´m interested in a player from opposition team and want to see how he´ll perform. To be able to do that better, I choose to have his name highlighted with, lets say blue colour, or something else that makes him stand out more from the rest of the players.

Sorry if these have been mentioned earlier, didn´t find with a quick search though.

WBR
    MN

Banned

Not a specific idea, but a suggestion for any improvements. I think the most important features implemented by Si are the ones that appear in the game and we notice, not the ones we make ourselves.
    An example; the media has become quite boring for a lot (not all) fm players. In 2005 it was very exciting, but the enthusiasm died away. The 3D match engine enthusiasm will never die as it is a set feature, not somthing we continually have to respond to. Feeder clubs are similar as is tutoring. I feel media conferences are too boring now, and allow my assistant to take care of them.
    So somthing like testimonials could be good, but as long as it is an infequent aspect.
    Constantly trying to add fancy features detracts from the point of the game.

Small things like, cancelling subs, certain news alerts are what the game needs to improve on. And of coures realism. Some clubs take 3 years to buy their first ingame player, which is ridiculous, especially for Maun Utd or Chelsea who buy every year.
    Last edited by The Major; 21-04-2009 at 13:08.

Amateur
    Republic of Macedonia, the land of Alexander the Great

Better manager interaction, even for Champions League and UEFA Cup matches.

More feedback on what goes on in the world, which manager got sacked - who replaced him... clubs mega transfers, achievements... etc.

NO! more stupid & repetitive media interaction, players over-reacting on it.

Simple tactics system, smarter AI transfer policy and chosing of the first 11, better feedback from assistant managers, training that actually means something (drop sliders for both tactics & training).

More recognition and respect for the manager's achievements, easier to get on the clubs favoured personal.

To put it simple, BRING BACK the fun into the game.
    Last edited by Marko An.; 21-04-2009 at 14:38.

Amateur

Default Features for future FMs

To Moderators - i have looked everywhere for a thread of this type but unable to find, so please don't close.

As i tend to play FM everyday, i've been thinking about a few improvements for future editions and it would be great if they could be taken into consideration and of course, add your own.

Positional Scouting - Being able to ask a scout to search for a specific position or talent. would be good if you could suggest scouting a goal scorer and your scouts then scoured the leagues for someone who could possibly do the job. or a playmaker, a player who dictates the play for your team and is essentially the heartbeat of your team.

Improve transfers - in the italian leagues, they have a tendency to include loan deals into permanent transfers. possibly very complicated but a useful tool to coax smaller teams to release their best players if you send 2 promising youngsters on loan to them.

International Choice - players rejecting international call ups due to waiting for a call from a bigger nation. or players waiting for citizenship to play for a smaller nation.

suggesting players get called up for international duty when they are being over looked.

club v country rows would also be a good inclusion, i see that this only really applies in the game at present if you are an international manager.

Media - i would like to see players complaining about being played out of position when they are not performing well or if they aren't overly versatile. only a small thing but i think its relevant when strikers are being converted to wingers, wingers to fullbacks and a few others.

players plumping for a transfer to a different club, not necessarily asking for a transfer but flirting with other clubs to create interest in them.

more media hype around wonder kids.

Directors of Football and interfering chairmen - i would like to see clubs appointing a director of football with you for your first season or so, so that you are unable to make your own signings but can only suggest either an area which you want improved or suggest a player that you want signed for your team. i know the game is football manager and not football coach but i think that it is a true representation of football these days, especially when an unproven manager takes over they have to prove to the club that they can make their own signings. Also would be good to have interfering chairmen suggesting which players that they want you to play. in past fm's, chairmen have signed players for teams but often enough, they sign players that are unneeded or they don't force you to play them.

like in spain, i would like to see presidential candidate elections and promises of big name players.

3rd party agents and some kind of real agent involvement, i know people have been banging on about this for ages but i think its definitely needed.

most of my ideas are based around the reality of modern day football and i realise that they maybe complicated to translate in the game but i think they are just further improvements to the simulation.

Banned

Default Re: Features for future FMs

I am 110% in favour of interfering chairman. Take what's going on at Manc for example, players are being brought for Mark Hughes and he's being paid too much to care. It would be thrilling if when a club gets taken over by a shiek the game followed a similar pattern to real life. That is, ludricrous public bids for World Class players and instant pressure on managers to bring results. That would make the game so much more intense.

Amateur

Most of the ideas stated here are very good IMO.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by fenomeno21 View Post
    To Moderators - i have looked everywhere for a thread of this type but unable to find, so please don't close.

Positional Scouting - Being able to ask a scout to search for a specific position or talent. would be good if you could suggest scouting a goal scorer and your scouts then scoured the leagues for someone who could possibly do the job. or a playmaker, a player who dictates the play for your team and is essentially the heartbeat of your team.
    You can do this now, by setting search criteria when you tell the scout where to search.

Amateur

Apologies if this has been posted.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand theres a CA/PA limit on regens depending on what division the team they are generated for is playing in.

Clearly this stops players like Ian Wright/Teddy Sheringham/Les Ferdinand/(The 1980's) Alan Smith coming through.

So I was thinking that this limit should be removed and (especially lower-league) regens PA/CA should be more random with regards to their CA/PA.

I know that this could lead to a relatively large amount of world beating regens coming through lower-league teams. And there might be some programming issues with this. But I think if it was implemented well and once in a blue moon a good quality regen came through a lower team it would add realism.

(that was worded terribly.)

Amateur

I've been thinking of a lot of things lately during those waits between continues that accent my daily existence and it's no coincidence that a lot of them apply to FM! While I think it's an awesome game (though FM09 has been rather frustrating with its many issues) I do think there are a lot of things that can be added on a minor scale.

Basically, little things to introduce a bit more of a fun factor and randomness in between the daily adjustments of tactical slider bars, passing ranges and marking schemes. Now, bear in mind that I don't know too much about the internal workings of the game, but I assume that most things run formulaic checks on various data fields, both hidden and visible, to compute a result or whatchamacallit.

Like, finishing plus decision making plus composure equals GOOOOOAAAAL!! GOL GOL GOL ... digressed.

Okay, here goes. For this opening suggestion, assume you are interested in signing a player. For argument's and an example's sake, let's name him Johnny Foreigner. He's a pacy, versatile, ambitious right winger who would, if he agrees to join you, be the star player of your mid-table club.

So, you send out your best scout to check him out, and he reports back to you with information about the players strengths and weaknesses, personality and that's he's a quality player. Fine. You want him, and you make a bid. His club negotiates, and finally accepts an offer.

Excellent. Now comes the meat of it.

What I'd like is for the signing process to be expanded. In place of just a simple, vanilla contract offer and your only negotiating tools being a big contract, squad status and clauses, introduce a dialogue with the player or his agent! (I think someone has said something like this further up, but I'm expanding on the idea.)

You could go into a series of Q/A, or a conversation of sorts, in a similar vein to the press conference mechanism. Your answers should check off against the player's personality and his ability. A couple of examples:

Q. Foreigner's agent is curious as to what your ambitions are regarding this season's progress. Is there a likelihood for him to be playing continental football in the coming years if he agrees to join you? (This could be worded third person like this, or as a head-to-head dialogue. Same for answers.)

* Definitely. We're confident of finishing in the top spots this season, and he'll be a vital part of making that happen.
    * Yes. It'll be tough going, but he'll help us for certain, and I think we can make it if we work hard and play games one at a time.
    * I'm not confident of making it but we might have a chance. It's football, anything can happen!
    * That's very unlikely, we don't really have the quality to challenge this year. We'll need (insert funds, signings, whatever here) to make that happen.
    So, suppose you check off number one... that means you show ambition, but are looking to punch above your weight (linked to media prediction, board expectation etc?). So, he'll have to be a bit of a blindly ambitious type to accept this answer as the best one. His ambition, pressure, determination, decisions etc can be linked to this, positively or negatively. Likewise for the others, players will different personalities or mental stats or ability level will prefer certain answers. Essentially, a series of questions related to the club's ambition, the player's expectations of fitting in with the club/team mentality etc can be asked. The whole point? The manager can, with his answers, either positively or negatively shift the player's impression and willingness to sign with his answers, as well as perhaps affect your relationship with the player to some extent. This might help in signing a player perhaps a tiny bit too good for the club, for instance... if all goes well, perhaps he can be convinced to take a slight wage cut! Anyway, I think this could be really fun to have, as it also means you may not be guaranteed to get every player you go after!

The above really lays down the framework for the majority of my other ideas, all of which are essentially tied to players, managers and clubs, using attributes both hidden and visible, to present the player with 'choice' scenarios. Similar to 'random events' that are used in other games (off the top of my head, Fifa 06 onwards manager mode, the Sims 2, Civilization 4 etc - the trend is that they're all simulation games of a sort, and FM is as well... and these 'events' introduce a really fun aspect of spontaneity. They can get tedious and recurring, however, but I feel FM can implement them very well in a dynamic way, because no two players have the same stats, no two clubs have the same reputation, the list goes on. There are no hard right or wronganswers, but instead all are subjective shades of gray!)

So, aside from pre-transfer chats with players? Well, random events of course! They could be every week, two weeks. They could be after rival games or cup games, big games, wins, losses, even on days when nothing happens. There will need to be a lot of them, though! Still, I don't think it's an unreasonable amount of work, because even if an event does recur over the course of a season, it could use a different player for example. I'd like to see things like basic interaction with players related to training, praising or complimenting them in a certain way. Something that happens in the pub after a good local win, or a swanky night out in the city's best nightclub after a Champions' League tie! Essentially, I'd love a lot more interaction with players that allows you to get a bit more 'personal' with them, and I think the framework is already in place since they already have so many numeric attributes, personality-related ones included!

I'd provide more examples, but this post is already gargantuan. Hope this appeals!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny. View Post
    Apologies if this has been posted.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand theres a CA/PA limit on regens depending on what division the team they are generated for is playing in.

Clearly this stops players like Ian Wright/Teddy Sheringham/Les Ferdinand/(The 1980's) Alan Smith coming through.

So I was thinking that this limit should be removed and (especially lower-league) regens PA/CA should be more random with regards to their CA/PA.

I know that this could lead to a relatively large amount of world beating regens coming through lower-league teams. And there might be some programming issues with this. But I think if it was implemented well and once in a blue moon a good quality regen came through a lower team it would add realism.

(that was worded terribly.)
    There are WAY too many quality regens coming from lower league teams.

Amateur
    I've been here since the insidetheweb.com days you know...

One very important one is to improve career-games... Hype around young managers, see the progress they have made with smaller clubs, rather than have it all depend on what reputation they chose at the start of the game.

Also, I really like the idea of interfering chairmen!! For example, at a club like Olympiacos, where managers rarely stay a full season at a club, though managers will have a say on what players to bring in, the chairman will always sign a few players himself that have impressed in the Greek SuperLeague, or who they think will have a high re-sale value (example: Neri Castillo was signed personally by the Olympiacos chairman at the age of 16. he stayed until he was 23 and was then sold to Shakhtar Donetsk for 15 million euros... the player had low professionalism, many coaches wanted to get rid of him, but the chairman insisted on him believing/adoring his talents and was eventually proven right from the money he made off him).

Amateur

1) I would like to see an improvement when playing a game in many in-game years. E.g. playing in the english Premier League the first seasons is always the toughest where as the years progress and their star players gets old an retires, they begin to be rubbish. Especially the bigger teams like Man u, liverpool etc.. I rarely see the bigger clubs buying huge 15-19 year old great talents or wonderkids as they could do IRL. Or maybe just take a chance on a player that COULD be a great player someday.

2) I would also like to see an improvement in the value of regens. You do not see 20 year old regen wonderkid worth £30M as e.g. Aguero - only if he gets sold for that price. Of course, it's not everyday a player like Aguero spawns, but it should happen ones in a while. AND when/if that happens the big clubs should be trying to buy these great talents.

Amateur

Question Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik4 View Post
    I would like you to post new ideas about FM.
    I think that our ideas can help SI and SEGA to make FM even better.
    Not sure if this is possible. But can it be looked at when you are advertising for staff ie coach,scout etc, the ability to remove those from the list you are not interested in would make it a lot easier to search after a certain time if you continue the advert.

Hope this makes sense.

Amateur
    DCFC Fan, been playing the brand since CM93 on the Amiga.

When going on Holiday, I would like to be able to select 'Return from holiday when offered a job" without selecting "Apply for managerial positions at:".

I played a Full Season and couldn't motivate myself for Season 2. So I Holiday'd the whole 2nd & 3rd seasons, and have missed bigger clubs offering me a job. I don't want to apply for new jobs or I'll get sacked, but I'd like the holiday to end if I was offered a job that is clearly worth my while.

Banned

Exclamation Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Manager reputation. I think the game could be a whole lot more realistic - and fun on long term games, if you were able to develop a reputation for your style of management.
    For example you could be one to get teams up the lower leagues(Mick McCarthy), you could be good at keeping teams up in the top league (Allardyce), you could be a manager of building up less fashionable teams and creating success (harry redknapp) or you could be a manager who comes and goes, but guarantees trophies (mourinho), so this ought to be implemented into the game.

Realistically clubs look at the previous jobs of managers to see if they would fit at their club, and managers often need a lucky break to make the jump from promotion sides to league winners

Amateur
    Managers Office, Cressing Road Stadium, Braintree

I would like being able to use the money raised over the seasons managing team. Not that whole living costs thign that in Fifa manager as that wouldn't have any bearing on the game, but being able to buy stakes in clubs like said towards the top of the page. For example you hear the club is about to be taken over you could buy a stake of the club to try and keep the club public. Or when you retire your manager, if you have lots of money buy yourself onto the board so if you create a 'son/daughter' as a manager you could see your former self on the board.
    Also i like the idea of building training academys around the world. And would like to see what size the fan base is around the world and not just the reputation.

Amateur

Opposition instrucktions should be easier to use while playing, so you dont have to go to tactics screen everytime you want to do it. It could be a part of players information screen.

Amateur

just asking guys wot do use think needs improved for f10.....

i dont know if ths is currently in the game but i would like to see testimonial games for your loyal player, whats your advice on this

Amateur

plenty of things have been already mentioned,but this is how i would like to see some features implemented.

1.TACTIC
    i think it's fundamental having the chance of set player's position when we have the ball and when we don't have it.obviously,referring to where the ball actually is,as it was in an older edition.so it would more easy to set the level of pressing,for example.

2.TRAINING
    one thing i would love to see is specific week schedule for specific games.this means preparing a work schedule with some exercises and tactical lessons in order to fight against other teams.for example,managing ac milan i would love to prepare my champions league final against barcelona working during trainings on offside trap,double team on their wingers and pressure on xavi even before he's receiving the ball.and after every day of practice the ass man shall come to my office and say "look,ambrosini understand very well what he should do against xavi,but gattuso doesn't feel very comfortable".maybe there could be a bar with the % of the "comprehension" for every single player,in order to have the chance to see who learn or understand better what to do.then it will be your choice to insert in the starting 11 one player maybe weaker than another one.

3.TRANSFER
    3.a SELLING PLAYERS
    start with examples here to make it more clear:i've started a career managing udinese.in the first days there were bigger teams following and asking for: handanovic, zapata, felipe, inler, d'agostino, di natale, sanchez and quagliarella.so everyone of them feels unhappy beacuse they want to leave for bigger teams. i'm allright with that,i understand that are good players who would fit well in bigger teams,but if i sell everyone of them my locker room will crash into desaster,my fans begin to hate me and i find myself with a lousy squad. so,what to do?i think that more interaction with single players is needed.i should be able to say to di natale "look antonio,we need you for at least a year more to do a good run in serie A and uefa cup,then i promise that we will let you go to a bigger team.so please stay with us." or to alexis sanchez "listen nino maravilla,you will be our cornerstone for our project in the forecoming years so please don't go".obviously their reaction and decision could depend on their mental attributes.and then,talking about the offers you receive,this is the last thing occurred to me.juventus offered 1.8million euros for the co-ownership of sanchez,with 5millions more to pay after two years.i refused it.few days later they come out with the same offer,so i put the price clear: it's 10millions now and 15 after two years.they say no.few days later they come out with a 2millions now and 6millions in the future,which is ridicolous.i think that once i set the price they shouldn't come out again with (so much) inferior proposal.otherwise,and here's another feature i think it's strongly needed,i should be able to sell my players (specially to big teams) for co-ownership or loans (and eventually money) of their youngsters.example:juventus,you want sanchez?ok,it's 7millions plus the co-ownership of sebastian giovinco.this would help a lot the smaller teams i think.

3.b BUYING PLAYERS
    i admit i'm a bit maniac on this,but this is what i think:you shouldn't be able to also try to buy every single player of the game.the example is clear:with a big team,let's say barcellona,you manage to become outrageously rich so you can afford to buy ibrahimovic and buffon and cristiano ronaldo and fabregas and david villa and and and.i find this lot irrealistic.what i would love to see is this:a list of target players in the roles you think you lack something.and i suppose that,specially when you're a beginner with low reputation,you shouldn't be able to decide who to buy either.maybe you can express preferences and then the chairman decides by himself (considering also some previous ideas like giving the chairmans attributes in willing to spend,interferences with the decision and stuff like that).and this should be done early before the transfer market opens,in the beginning of the season.and this should be done also for the players you want to sell.try to make this clearer with an example,considering myself the new manager of barcelona in my first year career:
    mr.laporta "hello straccy,how it will go this season?"
    me "good morning mister,i think that with some changes we would be able to win it all"
    laporta "sounds great to me.what should we do?"
    me "we gonna get rid of eric abidal,thierry henry and seidou keita.so we will need a great DL,a good MC and maybe a young striker.plus,i think we need some bench players in GK, DC and TC."
    laporta "ok,i will tell you the budget will not be so big,about 20millions euros plus the incoming from selling players.i will let you know in the next days something more"
    then i think that the chairman should sell the players i've targeted whenever they like,not allowing me to put the price.it's should be another attribute for the chairman,something like "sense of affairs" or "ability to make money from players selling".so if laporta has the maximum in sense of affairs maybe we will sell henry for 25millions even if his value is 14,or if his sense of affairs is lousy we will sell henry for 8millions.and there's nothing i could do about it.
    after that,something like that should happen:
    laporta "ok,we have done 21 millions from selling henry,abidal and keita.now we have 41 millions to spend.we should be able to buy one of this guys for being our bench GK.there is oscar ustari at 8millions,marchetti from cagliari at 5.5 and dida from milan at 6.5.have you some preferences?" then,as always,considering your reputation and chairman's attributes,your advices would be more or less considered.
    and what would happen then?if your requests will be satisfied and the players who you asked for fit well in the team and you reach your targets,then your reputation should increase.obviously if you ask for guys as starters and then you don't make them play,the board could get angy and listen to you no more..this way you won't be able to build an "all star team" without getting everyone upset.
    other than that,there should be the chance to buy a player and then leave him on loan in his former team,or turning him on loan in another team to avoid the EC rule (as internazionale did lot of times,for example with julio cesar some years ago).

4.SPONSORSHIPS
    it would be cool seeing the brands that gives you a sponsorship.obviously could be fake names which could be edit then.and it would be cool if the star players own their personal sponsorships as in real life,whom could clash with a transfer or address one player to a team instead than another.
    implement more sponsorships (technical ones,commercial ones..) but don't allow you as a manager to find them or negotiate contracts or something like that.but if you are able to upgrade your team rankings,then more sponsorships then more money.on the other hand,if you don't reach results,then you could loose sponsorships.

5.YOUTH ACADEMY
    great idea!it should be implemented.obviously the richer the team the greater the academies would be,or the number of children that would be in it.

i have lot of others ideas/desires,but this is long enough!
    just in conclusion,i think that there are some areas of the game in which we have to gain influence achieving results,and not be able to do "everything the first day".another last example on this..i manage udinese,i win uefa cup and reac 3rd position in serie A,then the next year i finish in second place and in the semifinals of champions league,then the third year i manage to win serie A.so manchester united looks at me to replace ferguson,but i should be able to say "i accept but i want all the freedom i like in the transfer market and i want you to buy the players i want!".

sorry for this novel and for any repetition

Semi Pro

Has International Management contracts been said ? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Also make it just a tad more realistic to get on atleast favourite personell when you have done wonders at the club you are managing at. That's all i can think of right now

Amateur

hey guys Ive got a good suggestion. How about like let there be a wikipedia page on your progress, and so it updates monthly according to win/loss records, personal info, clubs managed, some quotes taken out of press conferences and from players, etc. It could start out a stub page and then more detail could be added to it once you gain a few titles and more reputation. if anyone could expand on the idea it would be awesome!

Amateur

I think you should be able to do more with youth academies, and I agree with everybody who says that press conferences should be much bigger and you should have more options and more varied questions/answers.

Amateur

lol Whenever I play the game I have tons of things I think are decent suggestions then come on and am like....

However I do think this would be good though it would not apply to all of us fmers. I myself have more than one monitor. I think it could be useful if fm 10 or a future fm maybe has a feature for those with multi monitors. Simulators like flight sim have multi monitor support so you can have views etc. I think multi monitor support in the fm simulation would be very useful especially in the match situation.You could maybe have the 3d on one screen then on the other have the option of 2d, your tactics screen, stats etc. This means you would never really lose full focus on the match. I know in fm 09 there is the tiny little 2d match view at the bottom of the tactics screen but I really never use it as it is so small for me to focus on while im doing other things. Having multi monitor support would also mean that the widget things wouldn't really be needed. The idea of them is good though I just don't really like them on top of the match. The annoying thing for me is I line all the widgets I like to have up the top along where all the subs benches graphics are. Then minimize so they aren't covering any of the pitch. However after I make a sub I find they all reposition themselves over the screen which is rather annoying having to keep putting them back constantley.

Anyway rant over. I think I'm slightly drunk so apoligise if this is complete garbage, spelling mistakes, bad punctuation etc

Would just like to take this opportunity to thank my family, my agent Captain Caveman and all those who have supported me in the making of this post and in my posting career.

Moderator and Technical Support

The ability to allocate your free kick takers depending where on the park the free kick is to be taken. It is intenesely frustrating to find your target man striker who takes great free kicks from the edge of the box, taking them also from wide on the wings or close to the half way line.

Get rid of the facegen facility as it adds nothing to the game apart from a good laugh.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by FrazT View Post
    Get rid of the facegen facility as it adds nothing to the game apart from a good laugh.
    What are the negatives?

Third Team

Yeah I don't see anything wrong with facegen. Plus, if you don't like it, you can turn it on or off.

Amateur

and some improved detail in press conferences

Amateur

How about adding a real life clock to it, to make sure you dont play till 3 in the morning when you've got to be up at 6?

Reserves

Facegen>>>>>>>>>Silhouettes (spelling?)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by straccy vendoli View Post
    plenty of things have been already mentioned,but this is how i would like to see some features implemented.

1.TACTIC
    i think it's fundamental having the chance of set player's position when we have the ball and when we don't have it.....
    sorry for this novel and for any repetition
    Brilliant post, not great gramatically [I'm an English geek, I know!], but all good ideas!

Change the match engine so that players mark at throw ins and not stand 5 yards away

Make full backs close down and tackle wingers who run at them from the half way line and not run beside them, allowing them to get to the dead ball line without being tackled.

Quote Originally Posted by DanGLiverpool View Post
    Yeah I don't see anything wrong with facegen. Plus, if you don't like it, you can turn it on or off.
    Didnt realise you could so problem solved now

Give you the opportunity to amend a tactical change if, during the wait for it to be implemented, something important haqppens, like an injury or a goal.

Amateur

Thumbs up Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLatics View Post
    How about adding a real life clock to it, to make sure you dont play till 3 in the morning when you've got to be up at 6?
    strongly agree lol

Amateur

First post.

I think you should be able to build a relationship with your Assistant Manager and First Team Coach so that if you get sacked they could follow you to your next job and some clubs may not be willing to employ all three meaning you have the choice to work with new staff or reject the job proposal and stick with your current team.

Don't know if it has been mentioned but it's something I would like to see.

Semi Pro

I'd like (and I've mentioned this a few years ago):
    When advertising for a job the screen should list the applicant with the relevant stats and a button or check box enabling rejection:
    For example:
    1. Applicant 1 STAT1 : STAT2 : STAT3: ..... : STAT10 : REJECT? : Offer Contract?
    2. Applicant 2 STAT1 : STAT2 : STAT3: ..... : STAT10 : REJECT? : Offer Contract?
    etc...

This way I can see the information I need without having to dig down into the indivuals stats. I can do that if the main screen is of interest. Perhaps, when rejectiong the applicant should stay on the list, just have 'rejected applicant' next to it.

Amateur

Little things, top of my head:

- I need to be able to tell my players if they will be mostly playing the local league, the cups or both. It's annoying to have players constantly whining about not being first team regulars when they have started every single cup match of every cup I've ever played. Just because they're not starters on sundays shouldn't erase the fact they've played almost as many games in the cups against international opposition.

- It would be nice, when starting a new manager and setting up the past experience, to be able to select which teams I've played in as a footballer. Right now we got international caps and goals, which is nice, but it would be nicer still to have:

Playing career:
    TEAM A (dates)
    TEAM B (dates)
    TEAM C (dates)
    TEAM D (dates)

... and for those teams to have better relations to you, as it happens in life when a team hires a former club player as manager. They'd be much happier when signing someone they know.

- Team talks: At half time, it's necessary sometimes to have more options. The five or six available selections many times can't convey what I'm trying to achieve. Simple things any manager in the world would say:

"We need to tighten in the back"
    "We need to pass the ball better in midfield"
    "We need to recover more balls in midfield"
    "We need to improve our finishing"

And at full time, many times we need to be able to distinguish different performances in different halves "We were good during the first/second half, but we need to improve on that second/first half performance"

- Tone way down the AI going from spanked little fannies to Brazil '70 in the space of a couple of games home and away on cup ties. Usually during semifinals. If I have to deal with the morale hit of eating up 4 goals on the first game, so should they.

- A more visual way of setting up tactics, actually showing where the defensive line is, closing down circles, how mentality affects positioning, etc. We need a way of seeing how the slider numbers translate into the pitch without having to play a dozen matches. Also, being able to overlay opposition tactics over my own would be very nice as well.

- Yet another call to eliminate the sliders altogether, or make them much less granular. Yet another call to separate positioning from mentality. Yet another call to separate passing from tempo. Yet another call for being able to specify different widths to different lines within a framework.

Amateur

Just saw a really good suggestion posted, but it wasn't posted in here so I thought I'd do it, it was the idea that we give pep talks to subs that we are bringing, could have a huge effect on the game
    suggested by Ferthepoet: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=121350

Semi Pro

'Board Confidence Update' - I'd like the chance to 'defend myself'.
    The board just told me that they are 'slightly disappointed at the signing of Blah Blah' In digging further the 'fans are disappointed that Blah Blah has played so few games for the club.'
    He's 18 years! I'd like to be able to tell them that he is a prospect and to be patient.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLatics View Post
    Brilliant post, not great gramatically [I'm an English geek, I know!], but all good ideas!
    sorry..i'm not an english geek..i'm not an english at all so sorry for all the errors..

Amateur

i know this sounds like a stupid idea and is just to do with aesthetics but i would like a map of the country you are playing in and a marker showing where your club is based and where your opposition club is based on matchday.

also i agree with the presidential elections. i think a new president should come in with an idea of who he wants to be manager during his reign as new presidents are usually ruthless towards incumbent managers, although this would annoy most people it would add an extra bit of realism to it. also fans should have more say on who they want as manager eg if he is a former player or club legend, and also they put pressure on the board to sack a manager this needs to be expanded upon.

the fans should also state their preference of you becoming their new manager if you guided them to trophies and success in the past. also clubs should tell you why they have not chosen to hire you and you should be given a likelihood of being hired from each club and their level of interest in you or something like that.

I would like the counter-attack tick-box to be customisable in it's effect.

I was recently informed in a thread by PaulC that it increases the players mentalities to 20 when a counterattack situation occurs, surely, as manager, I should be able to set what it does ie increase passing, increase forward runs, increase mentality by X clicks etc.

Semi Pro

I think it's about time pre-season got a revamp. It's being discussed for a few years now. Boards should be organising lucrative pre-season tours/tournaments particularly at 'high rep' clubs as leaving it to the manager/ass manager is unrealistic.

It adds more fun to the current boring pre-season system aswel as a way for generating income

Amateur

Trophy room for managers.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jamboblue View Post
    i know this sounds like a stupid idea and is just to do with aesthetics but i would like a map of the country you are playing in and a marker showing where your club is based and where your opposition club is based on matchday.
    I like this too - I have no idea where most of the little places are in the UK (I'm in Australia) so when my BSQ Premier league team travel to Braintree or York or Coddswallop i'd like to know where they are going.

Amateur

i would like to hear the fans sing like if u went glasgow rangers u can hear them sing follow follow on match day

If a player has a concern about anything, I want to hear about it from him or the Assistant and not be surprised when it comes up in a press conference, without the opportunity to do anything about it or respond.

Reserves
    Granada, Spain @GranadaCdeF_en & @HeathISF Editor: InsideSpanishFootball.com

If a player has a concern about anything, I want to hear about it from him or the Assistant and not be surprised when it comes up in a press conference, without the opportunity to do anything about it or respond.
    You just had that happen to you too then I take it

Amateur

assigning the "player" the user manager stats like npc coaches esspecially important for lower league management because of limited resourses and limit on the number of coaches

Amateur

wow, that was a good read.

just ask yourself this question , do you have more fun dominating for years with a big club like barca or real or man u inter etc? or do you get more fun out of makeing a tiny club into world beaters?

im the latter, i love making torquay a european superpower, it takes me about 30 seasons but is well worth it in the end,

the thing that annoys me about fm09 is the inability to get small clubs massive stadiums, the 1 thing that can hindder a little club like torquay is not being able to get a new stadium, maby in future version's when you ask for a the stadium to be expanded and the bourd say you cant maby they could give better reasons why and also solutions to the problem

e.g you ask for expansion. they say the council will never allow expansion because of lack of space. they say the only way to get more seats is to build a new stadium. then the bourd could offer you different designs on new stadiums. this 1 costs 100m that 1 costs 200m etc etc

if the manager knows he can get a new stadium even if it does mean he has to save up for 10 years then that will surely keep him interested in his game, the big clubs dont need to have ultra massive stadia 100,000 cappacity limit is fine

i remember playing a manager game 15 years ago when you could see your stadium being built, i think it was world soccer manager or something like that, but i think a lot of people will agree with me , abbility to build stadiums needs improvement for the next game

Amateur

Create your own Manager profile. So instead of your manager attributes starting at a set level, you should have the option of setting your own.

Also, I'd like to be allowed to have more then one favoured club and also allow me to set what languages i speak instead of assuming solely based on nationality

Semi Pro
    running underground with the moles diggin' holes

Its been said before but i want it in FM10 so badly-

Basically its the ability to be the manager of just the under 18's or reserves of a club, not the actual manager of the first team. You'd of course have to answer to the first team manager and if your reserve team manager you have to do what you can with what he gives you and if your under 18's manager you get to nurture the new talent coming through. You don't get to make transfers or many of the things the first team manager would. As the game goes on you can be given more responsibility, such as taking control of youth training, or the gaffer asking for your opinion on things such as how players are coming along. And then when the manager leaves the club, you could be given a shot at the big job if you've done well with the reserves or under 18's, plus if the job interviews are implemented as well you'll get a great chance to state your claim for the job, or you could walk out with the manager if he's gone to a new club and become the reserves or under 18's manager there.

I think this would be a great addition to FM because for people interested in long career games it adds alot more depth to the game and makes it last longer, i myself would love to be the under 18's manager of a club because i'd get a new crop of players coming through every year and it would make the game last so much longer, getting to start out with a league 2 club as under 18's manager for example and after many years getting to land a big job somewhere. I'd also love to see this implemented internationally aswell, like control the England under 21's.

It would add an extra dimension to the game which after a fair few years of the same kind of management is much needed imo to stop the series becoming abit stale with people who have been playing FM/CM for years. I myself have been playing since CM 01/02 (bear in mind im 16, so i've been playing since i was about 9) and i just feel like its the same year on year, yes theres been changes such as the match engines but this being implemented into the game is a new challenge and can bring people who have lost interest in the series back.

Part-Timer

Sort out the AI managers when they leave a club in first position or cup finals and then they leave for a lesser club or one in relegation.

Can they implement a stat into the managers to where they are or aren't likely to want to manage abroad, Gordon strachan is very unlikely to ever manage outside the u.k yet he often ends up in italy,spain and germany along with Allly McCoist amongst others

To be honest just sort out the whole A.I managment scene it's shocking especially there transfers !

Lurker

I would like to be able to set up the player bonuses for each competition individually. Like, I would like to be able to place a higher emphasis on say the FA Cup than the League cup if I want, rather than them both being lumped in together.

Also, rather than just being told what the board expects from your team, I would like to be able to, on a competition by competition basis, tell them my goals, so that they have a realistic view on what to expect. Like if you were a big prem team, being able to say you place a high priority on the prem and champ league, fa cup would be a realistic target as long as it doesn't take away from first 2, and the league cup is a throwaway cup, or used as experience for youngsters/match fitness for first teamers who are coming back from injury or fringe players. Just seems those 2 would add a tad more realism to the whole Manager/Board interactions.

Amateur

Short league history for each country, similar to club background info we get after taking over a club.
    List of champions for each country, with number of titles in brackets, like Liverpool (18), Man U. (17) etc.
    A lot more information about players' international apperarances (always info about first call up, first cap, etc, not just occasionally).
    Much improved scouting system in international management (why can't we see stars ratings when managing nations?)
    Country (continent) map, with club badges located on it.

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by yugo23 View Post
    (why can't we see stars ratings when managing nations?)
    Because you don't have players on contracts or something along those lines.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by 9inchnails View Post
    Really really really need "save training selections"!!!

Before a new season start,I need all my players focus on fitness train;Then when season start,I need them all back to the schedules I assigned them for dailly training.

It is NOT a easy job when you have a lot of players,a "save training selections" will be really helpful

Agree.
    "Making" a training schedule. When you start the game you would make a schedule. From this date to this date, fitness. After this they will automaticly og to train in this program until february, then they will train in this schedule until the end of mai.

So you would only set the schedule at the start of the game. Looking something like this.

Torres. From 1/7 - 10/8: Fitness, 11/8 - 1/3 (whatever schedule you want), 2/3 - and of seson: Easy training to keep in shape and prevent from getting hurt. And after this you won't have to do anything with their traning ever again.

Amateur

When you start the game, make your own profil. What formation you love, how do you play, attack or defending, playmaker or targetman.
    This would adapt just as it does now, but add a history of it. So after 30 years you can take a look at how you have changed your game.
    Could be fun.

Part-Timer

Why aren't we able to see other team's confidence ?

It would be nice to know which signing are not in their fans best interest, since there are no English media tabloid or Spanish yellow papers in FM world.

It couldn't be so secret between the fans and thier board only, is it ? Sincce the same content can be found anywhere IRL in tabloids or interwebz.

Amateur

Smile Pre-season tour squad

Just a basic idea:

I've often thought about how much more realistic the game would seem if the option to go on a preseason friendly tour included picking a "friendly squad" to go abroad and play the matches.

In the current format, I find it very unrealistic that ALL of the club's players (incl. reserves and youth) are available even when playing a tour in, say, China. How many clubs would pay expenses (flight tickets, hotels, food, you name it) for 40+ players going abroad just to train and sit on the sideline.
    As far as I've seen, not even the biggest clubs in the world do that when going abroad to promote themselves.

So let's say for instance that you must pick up to 30-35 players to go on your tour. That way you will indicate which players are in and which are out of your first team planning for the new season. This, of course, will add to the general transfer speculation, and perhaps increase bids on the (unwanted) players that have been left out of the "tour squad" and left to train on their own back in the club's home country.

Mmmm?

Youth Team

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=122036 Its just about having graphs for attendances through a season.

Amateur

1) Able To Start off as reserve manager or youth manager to build up some experience or even coaching etc.

2) More detail on your own manager profile, who you can add as fav personal and who you hate, more points sytem

3) TRROPY ROOM - A pciture of each trophy and what youve one at ach club etc(Like pro avo new one player feature)

4) Better press conferences - no same questions 5 times in a row etc

5) Player feedback in half time talk as seen in other threads i.ie dissapointing - change to - why you playing badly - player responce, im out of postion, i need help to cover so and so.

6) Reasonable tranfer olicy instead of paying £55mil for agureo and £20 for vidic who was 33????

7) News paper clippings as imges about results and trophy wins etc.

8) Manager sit down interiew i.e special on match of the day and so on

9) Better young players coming through. im in 2018 and just paid 5mil for a right back whos 25 spanish and is **** but says on of the best right backs which is complete bull.

10) More interaction with other managers in stead of same old crash and burn, eyes easy victory.

11) if a live game, why no half time interview in champs league? etc

12) retirement, i have players in 2018 who are still playing like john terry is still cb for chelsea at 38.

13) more angels on 3d game and replays.

14) become a chairman after you retire from management or become a scout.

15) again more young GOOD players who come through.

Just off the top of my head, hopefully some at si will see this and add a few, but still cant wait for new one.

Third Team

(Cross-post from FM'09 going back on the shelf)

Here's my thought on team-talks.

Currently, we have a very short phrase to choose from, which has to be short because it has to fit into a drop-down menu with limited size.

As has been noted often, some of the labels don't match exactly what is being said; I thought team-talks were "broken" until I figured out that I can use "None" at times; I think of it as "Keep it up, lads, now let's talk tactics."

However, wouldn't a lot of the ambiguity go away if the game UI presented us with wwfan's longer extrapolations of meaning (post 514)? For example, as mouse-over text, or using some of the space which is unused when I have an 11+7 squad to choose from.

E.g., place up at the top a bit which says "Current talk: ". Then, as I toggle through options on the drop-down, it indicates what I'm 'actually' saying, so .. when I select "We can win this", it shows me wwfan's line - "Current talk: This will be a tight match, but if we play to the best of our ability we can win this."

SI would have a spot more translations to do, sure, but I think that it would be a dramatic improvement in terms of the impact to the "average" user - the one who isn't out here on the forums and expects team-talks to be a common-sense, "does what it says on the tin" module.

It would, in particular, be useful if those "Current talk:" lines changed according to the context, so that the case where a slight favorite says "We can win this", gets to halftime 0-0, and says "Pleased" is clearly different from the case where a massive underdog says "No pressure", gets to halftime 0-0, and says "Pleased".
    Last edited by wwfan; 05-05-2009 at 04:45.

Third Team

To which crouchaldinho replied with the following idea:

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Really good idea Amaroq and something easy to implement as this already happens with the tactical options (i.e. if you hover the mouse over them).

I would also like to see assistant manager feedback implemented for after the game has finished. So after a match you get a message in the inbox saying, 'You assistant has spent some time analysing the performance against Team X and he feels...'

Such information could include responses such as:
    '...the assistant feels that the team talk "no pressure" resulted in some of the players feeling complacent and unmotivated'.
    '...the assistant notes that your supportive half-time team talk completely failed to motivate your players to defend their lead.'
    '...the assistant mentions that Player X was confused by your inappropriate team talk as he couldn't understand why you were angry with his level of performance.'

It could even be tactical or other general issues:
    '...the assistant feels that we didn't get it tactically right on the day and that we should spend some time looking at why our passing let us down'.
    '...the assistant feels that we weren't adventurous enough on this occasion and that we should have thrown caution to the wind in the second-half'.
    '...the assistant feels that team gelling issues are one of the key problems at the moment and he hopes that things will get better as the side play more matches'.

Just an idea... I realise that it would have to be a lot more complex and interesting than this.

C.

Third Team

(I followed with:)

That's a brilliant idea, crouchaldinho. Just like pre-match scouting, some post-match breakdown. Would love to see that done up well - it would be a great boon to players who are struggling.

Especially if it tackled some of the why behind one's struggles. For example, in the current A.M. feedback module, you can see things like "We've really struggled with our passing, gifting them tithe ballme and again." However, it doesn't address why that's happening, or give me any suggestions as to what I might want to change tactically to try and address that.

If this post-match analysis could come in and say, "Look, we just kept hitting it direct up to two strikers who were well-covered. We'd have been better suited to try some possession build-up," or, "Listen, the soggy wet conditions made a mockery of our attempts to play short possession football", that might help me understand why my tactical approach was wrong for the day.

(End of cross-post)

Amateur

i think that there should be the option to manage at a lower level of a club and maybe build up a reputation as someone who brings youths through the ranks, you can already manage b and c teams in spain and elsewhere and i didnt think that could be done before.

when you go for a job you should be able to have an interview with the bosses to stake your claim and maybe impress them that way. this could perhaps be inkeeping with a charisma attribute which is related to how you act in press conferences and gives you an edge when applying, it also lets them know where you want to take the club,and gives the board the opportunity to persuade you to join if they have great ambition but are maybe a smaller club (roy keane-ipswich).

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by PAdlard View Post
    'Board Confidence Update' - I'd like the chance to 'defend myself'.
    The board just told me that they are 'slightly disappointed at the signing of Blah Blah' In digging further the 'fans are disappointed that Blah Blah has played so few games for the club.'
    He's 18 years! I'd like to be able to tell them that he is a prospect and to be patient.
    I agree with this, I signed about 7 youngsters in my January transfer window, 1st board confidence update afterwards and the board aren't happy with my performance in signings and the fans are disappointed too, all these players are under 18. Plus, in my 1st team at the moment I have 11 players I have signed as youngsters and developed into 1st team players.

Surely my fans should be saying "Are pleased at the prospect of XXX playing for the team in future"??

Amateur

Attributes - Instead of numeric values (1-20) more descriptive ones like i.e. if a hidden value is between 18-20 user would see World Class, 15-17 Very Good as so on. In real life you can tell that a player is a world class dribbler but can you really tell if he is 18 or 19?

Amateur

Adjustable height of Match day info modules on TV view. Two lines for Goal updates is not enough.
    Stars rating also for players in national team.
    Last edited by yugo23; 07-05-2009 at 10:41.

Amateur

Can the 3d match be sorted out. I'm in my 3rd year and when you watch every match it gets repetitive as you can predict exactly what the players are going to do. On my long range free kicks one player stands over it and just backheals it to the player behind every time. It would be better if i could train them to do this. Also i've seen the same wonder goal about 5 times, where a player runs down the sideline, turns in the corner, runs down the by line to the goal, beating 3 players on his way and either scores or hits the side netting. Its far too obvious its programed like that.

Also why do players who are good at tackling just seem to jocky a player for ages and not tackle him?

Does the motivation actually work or is it just cosemtic?

Every match there should be some things that you won't have seen before and some which you have. At the moment i've seen all the moves before.

Also the graphics need improving a lot.

Amateur

Maybe a managerial previous meetings thing? We can already see how Barcelona vs. Real Madrid has played out over the years, for example, but how about seeing your personal records against a team, in case you're playing a journeyman game?

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast