Closed Thread
Page 37 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,700 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Amateur

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

In addition to testimonials, the ability to manage a Europe XI side or something. Occasionally IRL there are World XI vs Europe XI, etc, this would be fun to do in the game too!

Amateur

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Oh and also the ability to see the gamedate when you are loading/saving a game. So not only the real world date when the game was saved but also what date it was when the game was saved.

Amateur

Besides the overall fix/improve existing features,

I have one main wish (for the third consecutive year) Much better and clear feedback about traning. Stats constantly go up and down and in most cases I (or any average FM player) can not explain why. Ok, I admit it works fine in a sense so that when a player is young it is mostly improving and declining after certain age but still I dont think user has enough control over the process on both cases(increase/decrease)

My second wish and I believe this is easier to implement for SI. Have an option to save permanently player profiles even after retirement in case user wants it. I hate to see my favoritute player ages and then disappers from game completely if he is not into coaching. Maybe a small option in player interaction saying "Remain visible Forever" can do it. So we can go back to that profile any time and look at the stats to remember old days. If he comes to make some comments on the media it is even better

If this causes database size problems, user can be limited to save up to 20 or whatever profile. I actually do not believe 20 extra profile matters much assuming in a normal game we are having over ten thousands profiles active.

Amateur

We've been discussing this on http://fmdiscussion.com/forums/ and we thought:

- Player stats being more accurate for example Ibrahimovic is overrated.
    - The 3D match engine being more realistic, I know it's not important but it'd be nicer
    - Expand the tactics of the game, to add more depth in the game
    - Better press conferences, the responses on the one now is rubbish!

The Spirit Of Youre Forum
    Group Icon

Group: VIP Member
    Member No.: 462
    Supports: füssball club züerich!
    Warn: (0%) ------+

* Quality of the 3D improving (quality wise)

* Moderator built into the disc so its in your folders somewhere!

I would want:
    -More depth in tactics and player interaction
    -Better researching , by this I mean more on target attributes and heights
    -More realistic goalscoring figures.Too many strikers and midfielders score 20-30 goals per season whereas in real life they barely do.

I would love it if the histories of players showed that stats from all competitions (minus Non competative) and not just league its annoys me.

A skin that actually makes me go wow that some fine work instead of a slightly different one each year.

A bug free game.

More licenses.

All taken from different users.

Youth Team

I think i've aid it a few times on this thread but.......

Agents, agents, agents and agents.

Amateur

jimbo - why do you want agents? players would just want more wages

First Team Regular

every single blade of grass to be individually rendered in glorious directx 10.

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
    every single blade of grass to be individually rendered in glorious directx 10.
    Oh its coming .. don't fret.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1288 View Post
    We've been discussing this on http://fmdiscussion.com/forums/ and we thought:

- Player stats being more accurate for example Ibrahimovic is overrated. Specific data concerns can be raised in the specific threads in the data forum; simply saying you want more realistic player stats is unhelpful - they are as realistic as they can be without further fan input!
    - The 3D match engine being more realistic, I know it's not important but it'd be nicer I'm sure it will improve over time; but bear in mind that more realistic graphics will require more powerful machines, and there's a trade-off between accessibility for all, and better graphics
    - Expand the tactics of the game, to add more depth in the gameI disagree. I'd like to see less tactical options, to be a bit more IRL (maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Scolari telling Ashley Cole to have a 25% attacking mentality, while Joe Cole should have a 65% attacking mentality for example).
    - Better press conferences, the responses on the one now is rubbish! Couldn't agree more - I'd like to see an end to the 'questionnaire' style responses!

* Quality of the 3D improving (quality wise) Already mentioned

* Moderator built into the disc so its in your folders somewhere! Don't understand what you mean

I would want:
    -More depth in tactics and player interactionAlready mentioned tactics, but I agree with more player interaction, though some examples would be nice
    -Better researching , by this I mean more on target attributes and heightsPretty much already covered.
    -More realistic goalscoring figures.Too many strikers and midfielders score 20-30 goals per season whereas in real life they barely do.Agreed

I would love it if the histories of players showed that stats from all competitions (minus Non competative) and not just league its annoys me. I somewhat agree with this, although it will be hard to find the IRL stats for all players for all competitions, so there would be a lack of consistency there

A skin that actually makes me go wow that some fine work instead of a slightly different one each year.I'm happy with users creating the skins, though Ter does a great job with the graphics already.

A bug free game. It won't happen. It won't be 100% bug-free, anyway.

More licenses. It's not just about money. They have tried to get licenses for some leagues, but it's just not possible to negotiate in some cases

All taken from different users.
    My answers in bold.

First Team Regular

I don't get why so many people don't like the default skin, I think it's clear and crisp.

A colour wheel for the default skin would probably be a good idea though, even if it's just the equivilent of running the whole thing through a saturation filter.

Amateur

hi, I would love to be able to still see the current/potential ratings of players out on loans. So far I can get scouting report on the players when they play in a game, but with injuries I would like to be able to look at my reserve squad and know which loan player to recall.
    If there is a way to see the current/potential rating of a player on loan please tell me

First Team Regular

Yeah you should still have a coach report for players out on loan, this is something silly that's missing from the game.

Amateur

With really young players (15 year olds) at a good club with great youth facilities you should be able to train them up and improve them. For example scouting a boy from the local area, giving him intensive passing and tackling training and when he is good enough could be a decent player with eg 15 for tackling and passing.

I heard a few years ago that Manchester United could pick a kid that had never kicked a ball before and turn him into a decent premier league player, it would be nice if we could do something similar in fm and have it work.

Also with lower league teams if you have good relationships with other staff (thats a new feature too - being able to have relationships with other staff, not just managers) then you could bring a free agent former decent championship coach to work at the lower league club and also improve the players with the idea above, with intensive sessions. This would give lower league clubs a chance at developing good talent despite not having good facilities or youth set up.

Some other ideas:

One to one chats with players - these also shouldn't appear in the news as they are private

Design your own set plays on the 3d pitch - with complete freedom to do WHATEVER

Desing your own training like total club manager 2004

With media - have the same questions writen lots of different ways (like 50 times) which will give variation

More big match build up

A fan page - like the squad page but has fan info on it such as away fans, attendance graph, change ticket price, arrests - and you have the option to ban them, members, fanclubs

A kit selector/generator for when you change kits/sponsers at the end of the season

Better quality graphics on the 3d match

Monthly board meetings

You have a say in the sponsor

Keep the transfer fees realistic - not having stupid fees like £60 million for a player - they don't exist at the moment so please son't have them in.

Leading on from the last point - world inflation, if prices in England are generally high the player prices are going to be high to, if prices fall then player prices should fall and we have more realistic fees again.

Coaching badges

Coaching courses - improve your attributes

Senarios - save a team from relegation with 5 games to go, win the world cup

An improved editor so we can change the rules of the leagues

Player star signs in the game so we can build a team based on when each of the players was born in the year, like raymond domenech with france, would help team balance.

Basically fm10 needs to be bloody good to make up for the dissapiontment of fm09 and fm08 being the same as 07. If the game was complete now then SI could release data updates every year which we would pay for and maybe just release a new game every 2/3 years.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by i Love United View Post
    One to one chats with players - these also shouldn't appear in the news as they are private
    This is what I'd dearly like to see SI start to focus on for next year's iteration.

Players in the FM universe are now highly-developed, complex characters with many factors that impact their development, morale and performance, and yet -- still -- outside of match day, the only way we can interact with them or provide feedback is via the media. It's felt like quite an oversight for a few versions now, and increasingly so as time marches on, given the increasing complexity and involvement we're given in other areas of the simulation.

It'd be great to be able to take a lad aside and give him some quiet encouragement in a personal chat, or conversely, perhaps give another a royal bollocking in front of the rest of the squad. Likewise, communication from the players to the manager could be greatly increased and expanded as well; senior players could be a lot more communicative directly, with perhaps suggestions as to who the players feel are training well, or not fitting in with the group, or pushing for selection etc. Currently, we can click our way to the opinion another manager has of ourselves, but most often there's little or no feedback available as to what our players think of us, or of where our relationships stand with our players.

Some or all of this could of course still make its way to the media, but it shouldn't have to be done via the media. Player relations all seem a bit cart-before-horse at the moment, and I can't help but feel that this is the area most in need of being fleshed out - it is, after all, a key, integral part of management at any level.

Having said that, I realise that simulating human character and communication is no simple task, but given the great job done regarding all other facets of the game, no doubt this will be brought to the same standard in coming years. I look forward to it!

Amateur

Cool Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

more specefied half time critisism not just "i want to see more of u" heres an example of what i mean: if u often on forward runs and ur striker stil doesnt try to get in the space u should be able to say "get in the box more" or if a players passing suck u should be able to say "u need to improve ur passing" there should be a skill perhaps Professionalism and adaptability that would govern how well ur player would listen to u and adapt his game without changing ur original tactics. ofcourse u cannot demand to much of bad players

Amateur

professionalism and adaptability are already skills...
    but yes, i agree with you. more detailed team talks.

Amateur

get rid of steam.

Amateur

i know the skills are already there i meant they should use them or make a new skill sorry if i didnt get that across

Amateur

i would like to be able to tell my players to hug the line for such an such a match, i want you to be on the shoulder of the last defender, you pass it into the channels and you snap him in half as soon as he has the ball but only the guy i say so

a linesman that puts his flag up when my guy is offside by a millimeter

like other people have is to be able to bark out the orders from the touchline and to give dogs abuse to the officials when i disagree with their clearly wrong decision

it would be good to also have all the team talk options on matchday instead of the same for when your winning or when your losing

if players have disputes i'd like to talk about it and not have every player interaction go to the media

Amateur

also i'd like to tell players no argueing with the ref, leave that to me like barca have done irl, what the ref says goes

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jim stjfc View Post
    i would like to be able to tell my players to hug the line for such an such a match, i want you to be on the shoulder of the last defender, you pass it into the channels and you snap him in half as soon as he has the ball but only the guy i say so
    That's all in the current game. It's not easy, though. A look through the Tactics and Training Forum should help you understand how to tell players to play your way.

Amateur

i've read it a couple of times and once i have read 1 bit i forget the last i just think instead of having to adjust the sliders and all that i think it would be better for some (maybe not all) to have the option of going hey you 'hug that line regardless of where the opponents are'

you know what i mean, to me it would be more realistic telling your players what to do in a match and it would save alot of time if your a team that has to change tactics for most matches

Semi Pro

Just a small thing, but could it be possible to get job alerts - ie when a manager gets sacked you get the message to your inbox if you choose a certain option.

Would help a lot with career games...

Lurker

Don't know if it's already been said but the main thing i'd like to see is if tactics can be set for each individual player rather than the team position! For eg if u substitute a DM for a AM i don't want to see the DM having a free role and bombing forward, i want him to be doing his DM role.

Also if you bid for a player by agreeing to pay the minimum release clause the club should have to allow the player to speak to you!

Amateur

Improved offide calls from the linesman. Instead of letting you run 50 yards and then having a goal ruled out, they could call it offside straight away.
    Also, introduce the Northern Premier League, Isthmian and Ryman League.
    Maybe develop the manager side of it. You get your career earnings, but can't do anything with it. Perhaps become a chairman?? And maybe allow you to become an assistant manager at clubs as well for those who like building careers. I know the Game is a management sim, but it would be a great addition.

Amateur

Give instruction to players (not only at beggining/half-time/end of game)
    have an option to select favourite player (to improve relationships - AI managers can)
    better youth players coming through the ranks of all teams.

Amateur

OK, to begin with, I've only been playing this game since Xmas Day, so forgive me if any of these suggestions are already included later on in the game.

First off, I'd like to congratulate SI on the improvement of Team Reports, in that each report can now be viewed with all the different positions that that particular player can play in. However, I do think that this aspect of the game can still be improved further, to give more flexibility and make it more user friendly:

1. If you were at Arsenal with scouts who have 20/20 on Scouting CA/PA, and asked them to provide a scout report, they would come back with an extremely comprehensive report after just researching that particular player. Say that player was from a L1 club, for example. The coaches there are by no means world class, and their coach report can be very bare and limited. However, regardless of the attributes of each coach/scout, surely if a coach is working with a player day in day out, they will be able to provide an in-depth report? One thing I would advise SI to be aware of are new coaches should only have a limited knowledge of each player for a while, and those coaches who work in the youth team should have a better knowledge of the youth players than the first team coaches.

2. In the weaknesses column of a coach/scout report, I often see that a certain player has a particular named weakness as opposed to 'X doesn't have any weaknesses'. However, I think that each strength and weakness on the reports should be relevant to the position they play in. For example, I've seen as a weakness that 'X is an awful set piece taker'. The player in question was a CB. It's not an important attribute for him, so therefore it wouldn't be a weakness. However, if you were to say he was a magnificent set piece taker, under strengths, that would be relevant as you're being alerted to the fact that this CB is out-of-the-ordinary. Thus, the reports would definitely change if you were to look at a report for a CB as opposed to a ST.

3. I think a useful, and fairly cosmetic feature would be to name the training schedule and the players happiness with the schedule under 'Training' I know you can see that on the training section, but it's an important part of the player and would make it more user-friendly. Also, if a player was learning a new position or a new preferred move, this could be mentioned also.

4. Finally, under 'Recommendation'. I often see 'X has the potential to become a ....'. I have no problem with this, because it's very useful, and it should be kept. However, I do believe if you provide this in a coach/scout report, then you should provide underneath it, the current assessment. For example, under 'Recommendation' say:

'X has the potential to become a ....'--- and then...
    'X is currently a ....' / 'X should be considered .... currently'
    Last edited by mattant250; 02-01-2009 at 13:58.

Amateur

Manager bonuses for winning trophies like the players get.

Amateur
    I had a wheelbarrow, the wheel fell off. FORZA NOTTS! FORZA JUVE!

in tactics a slider for crosses height preference: low,mixed and high.

Part-timer

Any chance of an option in the Boardroom screen to demand a better contract? It seems odd that I should wait for one to be offered when I've had an outstanding season and feel my salary should be adjusted ..

Semi Pro

Is Request a new contract not already in the Board Request options?

I seem to remember it being there in 08?

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by HuwFlet View Post
    Is Request a new contract not already in the Board Request options?

I seem to remember it being there in 08?
    You can't actually request one unless your current deal is about to expire. So its pointless.

Semi Pro

Ah I see now.

*Stands Corrected and looking Stupid*

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by HuwFlet View Post
    Ah I see now.

*Stands Corrected and looking Stupid*
    Perfectly valid point man .. don't look stupid. Good to pick at scabs.

Amateur

I would like the option to let my Assistant Manager coach games. I could give general directions to the Ass Man or just hire the best Ass Man that I can and let him do the job.
    EHM 2007 has this option so it must be possible.

Some people like to coach so let them coach, but others prefer to concentrate on management so they should have that option.

Amateur

definetely pictures for the premiership teams and player pictures, be able to be coach or assistant, be able to do something with the money you earn, LIVE THE SOCIAL LIFE!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by kristoaster View Post
    I'd like to see more detailed press conferences and team talks. Two or three part replies would be brilliant, ie at half time when winning
    "You've done great but"
    "You're playing poorly so"
    "I know you can do better than this so"
    added to, for example
    "you can play better"
    "don't let your game drop"
    "finish this game off for the supporters"
    This would be good. For example if you were 3-0 down you could slam your team but then tell them that the pressure is off. Also, I love the game, you're doing a great job, but how the **** are there no bookings for timewasting yet? Please sort that out.

Amateur
    "I'll have to pull a Wenger, and say I didn't see it."

Talking Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

There are a mountain of posts here, so appologies if this has already been mentioned.

As you see a few times, not often but sometimes, a club may often buy a pair of players or more in one go for a nominal fee - so perhaps an option in the transfers section to possibly buy 2 or more players from a club for a combined price rather than buying individually.

Only other one I can think of at the moment is perhaps the chance, when in matches, to be able to get benched players to warm up. You see them on the sidelines randomly running up and down - but whether its just me or not, its the players that I don't want to put on the pitch that are warming up, the one I want to warm up is sat on his backside - Maybe a slightly cosmetic feature, but could have its perks.
    Last edited by MrDrooper; 04-01-2009 at 02:24.

Amateur

I would like to suggest the improvements to the ME below

1) more in-depth commentary. eg. Wingers running havoc on wing. Forwards have too much space. Att mid is creating a lot of through balls. Full backs are intercepting through balls. These commentaries although not very significant, trust me, it adds alot of satisfaction to us when we see these commentaries for our players.

2) divide the possession amount(on the action stats tab) not only by the length of the field, but also the width. That will make the field 3x3 box. This way, we have more info abt which area is weak and strong.

3) have a match stat which record the place where shots are taken. This way, we will come to know whether our shots are mostly long or short.

The suggestions above are not hard to implement I believe.

Amateur

- Cut up the training in own-training and team-training. Then you can change the most important thinks, like reduce physical training when it`s many matches in a row, on team-training
    - A possebility to ask the board for more money in one special thing, for exampel an transfer. If you only have 5 million pund, and Zenit offers you Arshavin for 8 million, you can ask the board for 3 more millions
    - Different types of feeder-clubs. For exampel one for economy dispensers, a local loaning-club or and feeder-club for developing talents.
    - More media attention for big transfers, like press-conference if one of the best players on earth moves from one club to another.
    - A possebility to call into an press-conference yourself if you have somethink to say.
    - A possebility to come with date`s for when a fan-day could be. If your team needs more back-up in a hard period, you could ask the board for a fan-day.
    - More different questions on press-conference, and more questions on press-conference`s
    - In the match-overview you should se where the ball was played most; in the middle on on the wings.
    - Traditional trainigcups like La manga, Amsterdam etc. should be on the game to.
    - The players shouldn`t get red card for a collision
    - Records should be counted in evry counting matches, not just liga-matches. It should be goales, matches etc.
    - A guy less should automaticly meen that the opponent gets a lot of possibilities when you still have a full-backline.
    - Substitutes should come up on the line where goales and card is.
    - A possebility to talk to a player before and under a contract-negotiation so he is picking your club
    - A harder press-conference. Thouse in Italy should be very long.

Evry one comes from the Norwegian site for football manager

Amateur

In game:
    - There should be a possibility to talk to the club for a transfer of a player after you signed him on Bosman for the next season - that team could have some extra money for transfering him now and you are already sure that you'll have the player anyway (now or after season)
    - More transfer options - buy a player but leave him at his club longer than till the end of season (you could buy a promising non-EU youngster from a EU league and sign him after he gains EU passport or just leave him there for a while to develop more)
    - Traning camps or something similar (where you can have a possibility to play frendlies at neutral ground, not just simple home/away)
    - More improvement on assistant feedback and press conferences (maybe some online updates for press conference data?)
    - More feedback from other staff (Directors) on transfers, especially in countries (not in UK) in which managers are mainly head coaches and charman or/and directors have more power when it comes to buying players
    - More tactial options - expecially for set pieces (how do I setup "Szarańcza" ("Locust") now ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Y13-5owCY#t=3m43s )

Technical, licences etc.:
    - Beta-test the game more carefully to avoid serious bugs
    - Use Steam for more often patching (like in other games)
    - For more realistic research try to sign a contract with media that broadcast their domestic leagues (for example Canal+ in Poland) or with other media (http://imscouting.com/), plus maybe something like live, online database updates (you could choose a standard or a live database for more accurate player abilities when starting a new game)

Amateur

Im unsure if it has been mentioned, its just i can't be bothered to read this thing for hours to find out, but my idea is that you can buy out the sell on clauses from the clubs you buy players from. Time and time again, whenever i really want a player, i always try to offer the best deal possible, but yet the opposing team always seems to want a sell on fee, so i normally accept their demands, only to be screwed seasons later when that player is worth millions upon millions and to give a heafty chunk of that to someone else, so it would be cool if you could buy out the sell on fee clauses and perhaps the other kinds too. A real life example of this has only happend recently with kevin doyle of reading, as steve coppell bought out his sell on fee clause with cork city, so now if doyle is sold, reading will retain the whole fee they sell him for

Amateur

I'd like a new Training area called 'Passing'-currently to improve a players passing you have to bump up his attacking slider-not ideal for a full back.
    I'd like it to go something like this

Passing-improves passing, first touch, (new stat) long balls etc
    Attacking- improves creativity, flair, decision making etc

Amateur

1. Scouts from your own club would surely know the level of your own players so there shouldn't need to be a difference between the star system from scouts and when a player has joined the club. Example: I scout a striker and my scouts (20/20) says this player is a quality signing and in the short list he gets 6 stars. I sign him for the better part of my transfer budget and once he's in my team he's rated like my 4th striker because compared to the rest of my strikers he's only 4 stars. I don't think this is realistic.

2. The clubs should never initially have more scouts/coaches/physios etc. than can be signed by you. Example: As Inter I had a lot of (crap) scouts when I joined so I fired the worst 3. Still when trying to sign a new useful one I get a message that I shuold have no more than 12 scouts and currently have 14. This seems to go for more staff positions in bigger clubs.

3. A graphical world map that shows what areas you are currently covering with you scouts team. This would give an instant overview as to where you scout/don't scout rather than clicking every scout, one by one, and taking manual notes on the side. When you get to have 15+ scouts it's very hard to get the full picture.

4. Buy and loan back. This surely has been mentioned before but since it's not in FM2009 I bring it up again. It would be nice to buy youngsters and have the possibility to loan them back to the club you bought them from so that they can keep developing. Loan back periods for up to 2-3 years would be nice.

5. Hall of fame points only get awarded if you win trophies which is perfectly fine. Though if you finish second in all competitions a season you will end up with 0 points and I have the feeling it takes longer time for your reputation to build up. In the older versions there was a system where you got points as you progressed in competitions and in the league so when you had a good run in a cup with a poor team you still accumulated points that showed you had a good season. Maybe this is still done in the background but that I'm not aware of in that case.

Amateur

Can only hope this gets read by someone who can say yes or no or maybe.

Simple idea, player highlight. Click on a player in the 1st 11, so when on the 2D/3D pitch they have a circle round them or highlighted in some way, so i know where he is on the pitch and can see if he is where i expect him to be. I know there are numbers on the 2d view, but in 3D view only the players names come up when involved in key play.

Please consider as this is probably the best idea ever.

Amateur

Not sure if these points have been mentioned or not, i'd be surprised if they haven't but;

1) When advertising jobs and it returns a list of potentials, a chance to say no to ones you dont want, so that if you continue the advert, you dont get their application again. i.e turning away unsuccesful applicants.

2) Scout reports. When you send your scout off and he comes back with a list of 54 people, i'm not interested in the 1 star/2 star players, so the ability to cross of the list and not keep seeing that same rubbish player reappearing on subsequent scout lists.

Amateur

The 3D engine & press conferences have to be improved (and I'm sure they will in time) but also:
    (a) I would like to see more leagues included. I know with licencing it's not always possible but it is a wish list.
    (b) The option to take an assistant manager or under age job (rather than just the full magerial role) with an international side while you are still a club manager. This would only be for international sides rather than having to start as a reserve team coach and work your way up at club level.
    (c) More action/reaction from agents. They may have ruined football financially but if it's realism we're striving for in the game they need to be there.
    (d) More balance in the regens. Too many good players aged 20 or under.
    (e) Change the tactical sliders to have 4-5 click points (e.g tacking would have none, soft, average, hard, aggressive) for each tactical option rather than a sliding bar with points all along it.

My apologies if these have been mentioned but I didn't have the time to trawl through all the posts.

Amateur

That if you loan a youngster from a smaller club you have the option, while agreeing on price, to loan him back to the club straight away.

Amateur

sorry if this has been posted already, and sorry if this has made it into fm o9, i'm still playing fm 08

i'd really like to see visual representations of the statistical feedback i get from the home/away stats screen at the end of a match

for example from the stats screen i can see that my striker has taken 4 shots on goal and 1 shot was on target, it would be great to see this represented visually, with an image of the pitch and visual indicators marking out where those four shots were taken from, and different colours used to represent the shots that were on target and those that weren't

this would be a great help as it might show if your striker is trying to many long shots, for example

another example, from the stats screen i can see that my central midfielder has attempted 40 passes and completed 32, a visual representation of this with a pitch and coloured markers showing where these passes were made would really help

this would help as, for example, it might show that your midfielder is attempting a lot of passes from deep, which would allow you to make decisions on what kind of passing setting you give him depending on how you want your tactic to work

Amateur

I would like the Assistant Manager to suggest tactics such as Formation, team and player instructions before a match. I can then look at the recommendation and accept it or change it.

Amateur

One of the suggestions that I would like to make is about loaning players.

Sometimes I loan player out, so he can improve himself but the team doesnt let him play, therefore he doesnt get much match experiences.. So, I'm thinking that when we loan player out to club, we can tell the team that they have to let him lets say at least 10 minimum games or something.. So we would know which teams are offering him more game experiences, and we could loan the player to that team.

Amateur

Sorry if this has been mentioned.

I want a feature to save/load the 'opponent instructions' before&in a match.
    Because everytime I have exactly the same opponent instructions set for particular formation, say standard 4-4-2, but I have to click the mouse 44 times before every match which is just tedious repeating.

Amateur

I would like to see a manager picking a certain managerial style to follow such as scientific and staff brought in such as sports scientists, or develop youngsters taking arsene wenger approach.

Also players off field problems to come into game

Amateur

- Get the old arrows back, so we could set the player to run to the side.
    - A possebility to do more fancy stuff on corners, freekicks etc.
    - Lower league-system in England. Lower then Blue Square North/South
    - More leagues from other countryes
    - The agents should take contact with the clubs about their players.
    - "The fans criticize the manager becaus he wont change his tactic". This comes up even when I change the tactic many times, and it shouldn`t
    - A easyer tactic-system, so it becomes easyer to get the players to play the football you like.
    - More negotiations between the clubs
    - Longer contract-negotiation between the players and the clubs.
    - More raports on the players peronality, both good and bad.
    - More scouting-opertunities, like "watch youtube", "se a game", "find out evrything" etc.
    - Trainers in other clubs with different playing-type then you will criticize you when yours club doesn`t do it so well, and you play another type of football then they like.
    - The trainers should have more ambition.
    - Investorgroups that helps the clubs with buying players, but they also takes a small part of the money you get inn for sales.
    - Bigger differents from world-class clubs and amateurclubs. On the amateurclubs the players should skip more trainigs and go to bar more often etc.
    - A possebility to get an invitation to meet the fans (Pressconference-style)
    - PLayers-meetings when the club do it bad. The players is asking asking for it themself to.
    - A hole seperat training-staff from the A-team and youth-team. The trainers shouldn`t train both.
    - More criticism from the press and fans when your club is doing it bad, and you play a style that it`s different from the region/country you play in.
    - Involve the trainers from the big clubs in the league about the national team, like the last retreat, or how the national team does it. Even though your not the trainer for the natonal team.
    - Third divisjon in Norway
    - Transfer-moneys have to be payed by the clubs that buys a manager from an another club.
    - Press-conference when you leave your job.
    - The most national team should demand that the manager only have the national team. For exmapel would England never accepted that Fabio Cappelo had a second job now.
    - More information when you are offered a new contract. What is the club`s ambition, how much wil they give you in transfermoneys etc.

Amateur

With the huge ammount of posts im sure this has been mentioned:

- Fix the bugs

- Sponsorship: regardless of how well known you are you still get the same woeful sponsorship. You don't get any extra or new ones besides the kit sponsor. I would like to see this much more advanced so that when you get into the year 2020 you can still enjoy the game as much. Without new improved sponsorship you can't compete financially with the big boys.

- Improve sound: the sound is woeful in this game as it has been since its first release. There is no excuse for not having far better sound quality for matches. Your local library has plenty of sample CDs to chose from where you use loyalty free samples. There are also hundreds of free samples kicking around the net. No excuses! this is something that needs to be improved substantially.

- Improved 3D graphics: Although they are very good I still feel there are improvements to be made. The graphics for the stadiums and the what is supposed to be a running track are hideous. There is no crowd which is disappointing.

- Another 2D options view: I love how you made a new 2D option to view the matches. I would like to see a another one with the old ones kept for good measure. That way it will keep it fresh and those who love the 2D can enjoy it even more.

- 'Intelligence' stat for the mental attributes.
    Last edited by Jay-Producer; 08-01-2009 at 00:07. Reason: update

Amateur

I would like to see match fixing!!!You or your chairman could buy referies as long as you don't get cought.

Amateur

can we have the injury time sorted, its constantly 4mins plus which is unrealistic, only big teams get all the time they need to steal a result

Amateur

Amateur

I would like a happy birthday message from the board, speaking of which, in commentary, when playing a match on the birthday, the commentator should mention (when winning) something about the best present a team can give the manager on his/her birthday.

I would also like to form a backroom staff that sticks together (like van Basten with van 't Schip and Witschge).

When managing in England, I would like to get notices about the fact that my players (or some) went on the **** the night before and need a talking to.

Would like different levels of Fanclub shops (for generating extra income).

I would like a more realistic sponsoring sceme, for example: Ajax has 12mil Euro p/a for shirtsponsoring and a 10 year contract with Adidas for 8milj euro p/a, in the game this doesnt happen.

I would like to be able to pick countries where I want my feeder clubs to excist.

Amateur

better player interaction , i would like to have options to talk to a player who is unsettled and try to cheer him up ?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by zinkywinks View Post
    Dunno if this has been said, I'm not going to read 37 pages of comments, but for me a big this is a BULK LOAN OFFER! You can bulk transfer offer 50 players if you want, but to offer on loan you still have to go through each person to do it. Annoying.
    definitely

also:

Might have been suggested before, but my main gripe about FM is how difficult and time-consuming it can be to create and develop tactics within a game. A lot of the time I end up playing the same match over and over (by quitting without saving) to see what tactic works best in that particular match. This is not fun. What would be absolutely perfect for tactic creation would be the option of playing a single match, using any pick of players from the database you like, playing any opposition you like, home or away. Think this is possible?

Part-Timer

Every AI manager in the game has coaching capabilities. It would be good if human managers had the same. This would be especially helpful in LLM.

Youth Team
    You should'be told her the truth. Dreams crumble to dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Roel Dijkstra View Post
    When managing in England, I would like to get notices about the fact that my players (or some) went on the **** the night before and need a talking to.
    I've had this happen twice with the same player, it was on the evening before a match both times and he was unavailable for both matches. So it's already there.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopy D View Post
    I've had this happen twice with the same player, it was on the evening before a match both times and he was unavailable for both matches. So it's already there.
    Didnt know that, thanks, that makes me smile.

Youth Team
    You should'be told her the truth. Dreams crumble to dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Roel Dijkstra View Post
    Didnt know that, thanks, that makes me smile.
    It didn't make me smile that's for sure

Amateur

I really think that for FM10 or in the next patch, there should be an option to cancel any substitutes or tactical changes or any changes in general during a match after you've clicked "confirm changes". Reason being is that something can happen during the time you click confirm for the change and when the change actually happens which would sometimes warrant no changes. So yeah, please SI, give this some consideration.

Amateur

I believe future loan moves should be introduced

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz View Post
    I really think that for FM10 or in the next patch, there should be an option to cancel any substitutes or tactical changes or any changes in general during a match after you've clicked "confirm changes". Reason being is that something can happen during the time you click confirm for the change and when the change actually happens which would sometimes warrant no changes. So yeah, please SI, give this some consideration.
    Yeah if you score before your substitutes are made then you may wish to cancel them.

Part-Timer

Save your own presets for player instructions such as "Fullback" "DC" etc, as mine differ from the defeaults, and often I set my DL to certain settings then have to copy them to the DR, if we could save our own that would be easier.

Similarly saving default OI sets to avoid doing the same thing prior to every match.

Amateur

Just a small suggestion that would make a little cosmetic difference: biggest transfers ever. Would be cool when you have to spend >£46M on a player for it to say "Team just broke world transfer record with the £XXm signing of..." Or even have a list of the 10/20 biggest transfer fees. It happens in real life:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-Football.html

Amateur

no bugs please.

Amateur

It would be nice to be able set the positions of your players on a diagram of the pitch for defending set pieces. There is no way to have zonal marking from set pieces in the game at the minute, this would address that. You could also have this for attacking set pieces with arrows telling the players where to run.

Amateur

my main gripes which could EASILY be sorted for the next version are...

saving opposition instructions when changing tactics - when changing tactics it resets all your instructions. solving this problem would be simple. when changing tactics a popup box could give you the option of keeping your current opposition instruction settings!!!! pllllllllleeeeeease!

Also, (this has happened in every FM since i can remember and is obviously a bug) when clubs offer me player or when i enquire for a player and the fee is to be accepted, instead of the "accept" option a make new offer option is in its place. its the same offer, bnut is then rejected. silly.

Amateur

I'd like to a mascot dancing on the pitch before your teams walk out.

Amateur

Custom built set piece plays. Be able to position your players around the penalty area how you want them to act and tell the kicker where to aim. could work for defense on set pieces also but perhaps not necessary.

Amateur

streekers!!

Amateur

I would like something on the contracts page that tells you how much the contract is potentially going to cost me if the player/staff member stays through the duration of it. It's alot handier than having to work it out on the calculator every time, especially wen im trying to cut the lenghts but increasing their weekly wage to try and save money, for players who I dont think I will need should i get promoted.

Part-Timer
    FMNorthAmerica (Louisville,KY) MLS questions? Send me a message and I'll help you out if I can!

A small thing- when choosing to add players from other countries at the start of a game, it'd be nice if the pop-up box either 1. Listed each country in one box (full screen, if need be) or 2. have the pop-up box stay visible even after selecting a country. It can get tedious having to bring up the box and scroll through all of the countries when adding a dozen or so countries, particularly when using CONCACAF teams where every other nation begins with Saint/St.

Amateur
    Virtual Anfield, Soon to be Potter Park!!

Ability to ask a feeder what player they would like.

When scheduling a friendly you should select a date and only the teams avlable on that date appear.
    Ability to neogoate dates and money when another team wants to play you.

Reserves

I reckon people should get recognised for assists in game, my striker has a massive goal drought at the moment, but he's chipping in with nearly an assist per match. But on the milestones screen, his "hasn't scored in 978 minutes" is making him look pathetic. So, I think their should be "3 assists away from 25 assists from Hitchin" or "2 assists away from 450 career assists"

c+ped from my thread

Amateur

A button you can click on people's profiles to browse to an image which you can then add for that player. Hate having to create/edit .xml files all the time.

Please!

Youth Team

Some great suggestions here and I just hope SI take some of them on board

Amateur

A game that works

Amateur

The option to, like the ai, say whether a loan player will be used in the first team or as cover. If I sign a player on a 2 month loan deal as cover while so and so is injured they always get fed up because they're not getting first team football.

Amateur

It would be nice if you could implant the changes you've made in a earlier version of the database into the newest update of the database.

Amateur

Sorry if this has been mentioned - but I'd like to be able to talk to a sub before sending him on, with similar options as to teamtalks

Amateur

1) MULTIPLAYER FIXTURES: At the moment it's average- your opponent's fixtures are usually just a copy of yours but one game later, which, if you're both playing as top 4 sides and mostly winning, gives them a decent advantage.

2) Reorganise this 'gap between the lines' stuff- it's way too confusing at the moment- nobody wants a gap between their lines but so many people get one just by not understanding the "mentality" slider.

3) re do training to be more specific attribute based- ie. crossing.

Amateur

Is Si really reading this? 37 pages...
    I throw in my suggestions with no hope of seeing them:

1. Maps! A graphic display of where in the world and the country the team is located.

2. Make fewer "continue"-clicks for the user. The time spent on the game is what keeps me away from it. I have to play FM between real-life duties. So i press "continue" and walk away. Comes back later, only to find the computer is waiting for another response from me; and it's only some results it will show. I miss a feature for us who has limited-FM play to let the computer "save" up news and go as far as it can without me having to press continue. Some news is impossible, but a lot of them can wait. Waiting on FM is for me 80%, 20% is actually playing.

3. When i am in pre-match, i think i am using few resources. Just checking the players etc. Irritating that when i start the match, i have to wait 20 seconds before anything happens. Could the game prepare that when i am looking at my squad etc? (i can't anyting about coding so sorry if that is an obvious "no").

4. Isn't Si sitting on a brilliant exposure of lower-league teams that is not being used? I am loving Farsley and know nothing about them. How about SI get in touch with the teams and try to make them actively give information about players themself? Is it only me who is that weirdow that i would love to order a real Farsley shirt, with the number of my favorite striker? The club should give out info about them self, where you can order stuff, prices, location etc. In return Si games gets updated info, pictures (if not demanded license) etc...Could just be a "flick" in the clubs info screen. for bigger teams, SI could take a little provision of sales (t-shirts, small club-effects...). Me sitting in a Farsley shirt and taking them to championship...jeezzes... :-)

Lurker

Exclamation Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Quote Originally Posted by Ter View Post
    The sooner the better really. If it's left until we 'announce' the game then we've already decided what is going to be in it so there aren't likely to be any major additions on top of that.

Ideas for the future are always welcome

Hows about a game that actually works from the outset, Lets try starting with a half decent beta test and sort out the issues that crop up and then we can avoid putting a game that is unplayable onto the shelf and charging people for it.

Amateur

Team talks make no sense.

Yes, real managers use them, and they are probably quite important for some teams, but managers do not pick from 6 preset options.

The fact that picking the right vaguely-worded team talk from a small list can have such a huge effect on your team's performance is absurd.

For a start, what does "You have faith" even mean? It could mean *comfortingly* "Don't worry Kaka, you're a good player, you'll do OK", it could mean *sternly* "Kaka, Shevchenko is playing rubbish but i have faith in YOU to turn things around.." it could mean "Kaka, I'm a practicing Catholic".

Managers give team talks, but I doubt they fall into such distinct categories; they might say "No pressure" AND "You can win today", but I imagine a hell of a lot of team talks are mostly tactical. The fact that saying you're "delighted" with your players instead of "pleased" can cost you a game is nonsensical.

I know they're there to add realism, but often a good or bad team talk seems to have more effect on a match than the tactics, which- when you're basically taking a gamble from 5 or 6 options- doesn't really add up.

Amateur
    I've been here since the insidetheweb.com days you know...

One thing I would like to see, is an update on the scouting knowledge of a club, which is based on a network of contacts of past players, managers, coaches etc.

For example, if you had a Serbian player at the team for a few years, he would always give you insight into the Serbian market, provided that he and the club parted ways amicably. For example, in Greece (as I am sure in many other parts of the world), it is common-place to rely on a former player to provide information on specific transfer targets... Panathinaikos relies on its old Argentinian star Rocha for information on the Argentinian market, whilst Karembeu is always consulted if Olympiacos is interested in any players playing in France etc.

Thus, this could also make social relationships a much more important aspect of the game... If you have a player who is past his prime and is making a lot of money, you may hesitate to try and offer him 'mutual termination' in January, if his contract is expiring in June, so you can be in good standing with that player in the future.

Also, I would like added variation on how you are able to sell players. Rather than transfer-list a player and automatically say 'He is not needed by the club' which may upset the player, you could have options that occur in medium-level leagues as the Greek that say: "We think you're a great player, you are always wanted here, but if you ever want to go to a big club in one of the better leagues of Europe, we would be willing to let you go (though we dont want to), so long as you bring in an offer of minimum 5 million euros)."
    Last edited by 5iver; 14-01-2009 at 13:48.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by greenplastic View Post
    Team talks make no sense.

Yes, real managers use them, and they are probably quite important for some teams, but managers do not pick from 6 preset options.

The fact that picking the right vaguely-worded team talk from a small list can have such a huge effect on your team's performance is absurd.

For a start, what does "You have faith" even mean? It could mean *comfortingly* "Don't worry Kaka, you're a good player, you'll do OK", it could mean *sternly* "Kaka, Shevchenko is playing rubbish but i have faith in YOU to turn things around.." it could mean "Kaka, I'm a practicing Catholic".

Managers give team talks, but I doubt they fall into such distinct categories; they might say "No pressure" AND "You can win today", but I imagine a hell of a lot of team talks are mostly tactical. The fact that saying you're "delighted" with your players instead of "pleased" can cost you a game is nonsensical.

I know they're there to add realism, but often a good or bad team talk seems to have more effect on a match than the tactics, which- when you're basically taking a gamble from 5 or 6 options- doesn't really add up.

Fully agree!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz View Post
    Excellent suggestion. Something i think about everytime i'm 1-0 down so bring on 3 attackers and then we score but I can't change it back to defensive. So inevitabley concede

Amateur

(from another post of mine)

'on the subject of managers being sacked or leaving, i feel that there is nowhere near enough coverage if a human user leaves or gets sacked.

i resigned from a club and there's one little news item and thats it. i was at the club for 2 years.
    i would EXPECT to be asked if i wanted to have a press conference, where i could choose why i quit, or whether the parting of club and manager was amicable...etc.

they need a bit more focus on this i feel.'

Amateur

my latest wishlist offer is -

not having to redo the opposition tactics every time i change my tactics its now getting so annoying.

Amateur

Things I would like to see!

More options in the transfer fees, so not just so much per game. But also a fee if you win the league, or the champions league.

Also sometimes they have charity matches with world vs european 11 which would be cool to see if your players were selected.

And if possible more agent interaction over transfers, trying to push players and push through moves.

Hmmm and maybe being able to hold youth camps or tournaments in places locally or internationally

Sports Interactive Glenn Wakeford's Avatar

To all those wondering if SI look at this thread, we do, and a couple of us have been trawling through this for the last few hours, collecting the viable ideas and passing them on to the dev team for discussion in our feature meetings.

Thanks for all your suggestions and keep them coming.

Banned
    Originally posted by ajw10: I'd be done with AFC if Coq went on loan!

Not sure if my previous suggestion got mentioned or copied over to here so I'll put it in place again...

In the match summary (just before kick-off) it would be kinda neat to have a google map type graphic showing where your opponent is from. For example, as a LLM I have no idea where half the teams are actually from (Histon for example) and I find myself actually using google maps to find these places. Maybe also a useless fact about that place (e.g. Michael Parkinson was born here in 19xx). Just a little fun tidbit perhaps?

Semi Pro

I'd like to see in future FM's some information on away supporters attendence,be nice to know how many traveling fans a club takes with them to away games.

And one other thing,could you make the physio run a little faster when he is leaving the pitch,slows the game down.

Sports Interactive

PSN: TerScotland79

Quote Originally Posted by Sy13 View Post
    Not sure if my previous suggestion got mentioned or copied over to here so I'll put it in place again...

In the match summary (just before kick-off) it would be kinda neat to have a google map type graphic showing where your opponent is from. For example, as a LLM I have no idea where half the teams are actually from (Histon for example) and I find myself actually using google maps to find these places. Maybe also a useless fact about that place (e.g. Michael Parkinson was born here in 19xx). Just a little fun tidbit perhaps?
    If you mean this then we're aware of it as it's been tagged

Closed Thread
Page 37 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast