Closed Thread
Page 32 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,200 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Amateur

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Apologies if this has already been suggested but if for example I have :

Simon Cziommer AM C
    Maarten Martens AM LC
    Mounir El Hamdaoui AM/F C
    Nick van der Velden AM/F C

and I sign Ismail Aissati to play as the central attacking midfielder, which makes Martens unhappy, I want to be able to tell Martens that my role for him in the team is to be (for example) the ML player, in other words I'd like there to be more detailed explanations available to the manager which tell the players their role in the side.

Amateur

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Sorry if this already came up but there are a lot of pages in this forum and, after a short look, I wasn't able to see an equal suggestion for future versions. This is something I wrote in the FM2009 & FM handheld info forum, nothing like a little copy/paste...

One thing i've always loved in the FM series is that you can do whatever you want with the players contracts, given limitations by the board. Unfortunatly, that's VERY rare in real life football, so why not make it real and let the deals and contracts be run by the board in the beggining and, if you start to be a part of the club, the board begin to give you more and more freedom?

I know what some of you will think: that's fine in buying players, but the board will sell them whenever they want. True, but not entirely. If the board receives a bid wich they like, why not give us - the manager - a chance now and then to decide? But that's a communications problem rather than a transfer one...

Let's say you want to buy a left back. Instead of doing it the old fashioned way (bid, offer contract, buy), you would have to talk to the board and ask for it.

There could be an initial option of choosing the player or players you want by adding - in the same way you add club friendlies, for example - and the board would try to buy them, or you could choose a type of player like in the transfer window (position; age; height; first team, backup or youth; etc.) and the club would give you, after a couple of days, a number of interested players wich, again, the club would try to buy according to your preference (x player first choice, y player second, and so on...).

When selling, there could be a similar way. The board would ask you (if he's a fringe, for the future, important player; etc.) and problably give you a choice of players to buy (if x player leaves, we can buy one of these 5 or 6).

All of this would, of course, be possible with the revamp of the board interaction, but that's another story.

Now the press area is, for me, the biggest flaw in the FM series. Mind you, there are problems in other areas - no game is perfect - but if you think it right, there are so many ways of interecting with the press that you should have AT LEAST one or two in the game! And that includes the ones already existing.

Pre-game questions (plural, yes), post-game commentaries (again, plural), player interviews and consequences of that interview, rumours (and there are so many of them like player x made a hard tackle in training to player y from the same club wich caused an injury...), big intervew when something special happens (100th game, champion, etc....), possible exit for bigger club (again, intervew...), the options are huge.

This said, I don't think it will be possible in FM2009. I'm just hoping it will be read by someone important and implemented in 2010!

Cheers

Youth Team

i like the skin you could download where you could put the match screen in full screen, then just click out of it, you know when you have windows media on etc. was pretty cool. would be good if it was in the default skin.

Amateur
    Burton on Trent, but a Shrewsbury fan since I was born there etc.

I'd like the player/team stats to be linked to a central database so that players are always up to date on commecning a new game, removing the need for a transfer patch

Be a bugger for the researchers though

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by TMLS View Post
    I'd like the player/team stats to be linked to a central database so that players are always up to date on commecning a new game, removing the need for a transfer patch

Be a bugger for the researchers though
    It would make challenges unbalanced as well

Amateur

I've been hoping someone would say this for years so I'm sick of waiting so I just set up an account to do it myself.

I used to love football manager up until 2 years ago when it became to difficult to succeed anymore. I eventually got bored of starting the season - winning the first few games then loosing every game - no matter how many times I change tactics or players.

I suggest next year you add difficulty levels - this way they hardcore players can have their challenge, while the casual players can just tinker away and still have a chance of winning without monitoring every tiny variable.

Lurker

In this new version i would like my mate and me to be able to play the same game online,not just play him home and away and not like footie manager live but 30 40 year career like u play 1 player in fm

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by bladewhistler View Post
    In this new version i would like my mate and me to be able to play the same game online,not just play him home and away and not like footie manager live but 30 40 year career like u play 1 player in fm
    You can already play a network game.

Amateur

I'd love to have a 2D stadium, so i can watch my fans and their reactions to what happens on the pitch. So if i score, my fans cheer and wave flags, and the opposing fans boo.

Amateur

Some features i'm hoping for in fm2009: (if they've already been said then sorry)
    They're mainly only minor changes from '08 but i'd like:
    • some goals from corners actually counting (they're always disallowed it's ridiculous)
    • tactics change straight away when you change them with no wait for a stoppage in play
    • being able to shout commands to players form the touchline during play (team talk type commands)
    • be able to give specific instructions to subs before they go on
    • realistic trade transfers (if arsenal won't swap you abou diaby for cristiano ronaldo then there's something wrong)
    • in games where you don't need to win, board shouldn't get angry when you field younger players and lose (i.e. champions league group stage when you're already through to knockouts)

i even got cristiano ronaldo disliking himself on '08. what's that all about?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Boblard View Post
    Some features i'm hoping for in fm2009: (if they've already been said then sorry)
    • some goals from corners actually counting (they're always disallowed it's ridiculous)
    • tactics change straight away when you change them with no wait for a stoppage in play
    • being able to shout commands to players form the touchline during play (team talk type commands)
    • realistic trade transfers (if arsenal won't swap you abou diaby for cristiano ronaldo then there's something wrong)
    • in games where you don't need to win, board shouldn't get angry when you field younger players and lose (i.e. champions league group stage when you're already through to knockouts)

YES!!! The other team always seems to score right after you've made a tactics change

Amateur

actually one of the things I wish to see or improved would be closing down.. Instead of having a slider to choose between whole pitch or own half, I was thinking why not let us highlight or shade the area of the pitch where we want the player to close down? This way, we can be more specific with the closing down..

Amateur

Thumbs up Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

PLAYER-MANAGER feature would be Great.!!! when adding your self through the editor they ends up being two of you when managing think this would be good for young people who are still playing football and would like to see them selfs on the pitch.!!
    Last edited by moz1980; 04-09-2008 at 09:44.

Amateur

4D engine! with Crowd. diferent world stadiums in 4D

Amateur

I remember a older version of fm, 05 maybe, where agents would recommend a player to you and show you a video of him doing what he does best then you have option to buy him. This was extremely gd and would like to see it again.

Amateur

[*]in games where you don't need to win, board shouldn't get angry when you field younger players and lose (i.e. champions league group stage when you're already through to knockouts)[/LIST]
    have you ever heard of UEFA coefficients? I'd be mad as hell, too

Part-Timer

The suggestions in bold are great and they should seriously consider implementing them.

On injuries:

On an older version of the game (possibly Champ Man 00/01 or 01/02) you were able to see player's conditions once they had been injured (and forced to be taken off) so that you knew how badly injured they were (roughly) straight away.
    Often you can tell if it's a nasty injury or a more minor one straight away and it would be helpful not to be left in the dark..

Amateur

Clubs are subjected to economy changes, meaning to say when the world economy is bad, clubbs may have less money to spend. Would also like to see some clubs go under while others become suddenly rich just like Man city

Amateur

Mentioned this in another topic but am putting it here as well as this is the proper place.

This idea may well have been mentioned a 100 times before but just to make sure.

When buying players, there is the message where a player states his demands or simply says he doesn't think england or any other country would be a good career move, has no interest etc

It could be improved by allowing users to intereact with this player, telling him the ambitions of the club, e.g. make it into europe, avoid relegation or that it would help him improve as a player, generally just attempt to persuade him to join the team, rather than just have them say a flat out no, or if they are considering but only for a large offer.

Similarly, you could do it to tell a player you want to sell he isn't included in the long term plans, and needs to go elsewhere to persue 1st team football, international chances etc.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rakoon View Post
    have you ever heard of UEFA coefficients? I'd be mad as hell, too
    i have heard of uefa coefficients, but it happens all the time. if a team's already through they field a weaker team to save their best players for other matches

Amateur

In real life when the team at home scores there will always be some music for the fans over the PA system. It would be great if you could upload your own music so that when you score and you are at home then the music of your choice would play. Copyright would stop SI uploading automatically i would have thought so if users wanted to it could add realism to the game.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by mikegoodman25 View Post
    In real life when the team at home scores there will always be some music for the fans over the PA system. It would be great if you could upload your own music so that when you score and you are at home then the music of your choice would play. Copyright would stop SI uploading automatically i would have thought so if users wanted to it could add realism to the game.
    Well n0va made a soundpack which has player chants when they score so this may not be beyond the realms of possibility.

Amateur

I think you should be able to talk to your chairman more, like say specific things too him like if you sell this player i'll resign and the fans should respect you more. like if the chairman says like he's thinking of sacking you they should have a go at the chairman (becos they allways have a go at us)

I also think you should be able to do things with your earnings one suggestion is buying languages.

Amateur

1) Crowd Chants - like the old days in Champman, really improved the atmosphere.
    2) Greater atmosphere in Champions League nights.
    3) Greater rivalry - Not just between teams but also things like Berbatov getting booed by Spurs fans when he goes back to White Hart Lane.
    4) The board being even more pleased when you win the quadruple!
    5) More depth in International games.
    6) Players round the keeper more often.
    7) Better commentary.
    8) Be able to see managers etc in the dugout.
    9) Same pitch texture/layout etc as real life eg Athletics track
    10) Possibly being able to see the stadium around the pitch.
    11) No players being called on International duty during a Champions League final!
    12) Floodlights and shadows
    13) Tell players to warm up.
    14) The board wishing you Merry Christmas or Happy Birthday and maybe morale increasing in those times from players.
    15) More options on what to say for everything.
    16) Retake of a penalty once in a while.
    17) More dribbling.
    18) Better reaction saves, but not unrealistic misses from strikers eg 3 misses from 2 yards in a row.
    19) Not being able to no when a goal is disallowed because it pauses!
    20) Less frequency of players thinking the goal shouldn't of counted.
    21) Less repetition eg I don't like responding to the same question 4 times a year like meeting an old player.......who cares anymore that you're playing against him?
    22) When the board accept bids so often, surely we should be able to communicate with them a bit more saying ' Do not sell this guy!'
    23) Better training reports or the opportunity to watch our players train.
    24) Instructions to Subs before they come on.
    25) Testimonials
    26) Shout to players during matches
    27) Fourth Officials
    28) Postponed Matches due to rain etc
    29) Rain/Sleet/Snow more often, and winds effecting the balls movement.
    30) Players missing drugs test?
    31) Players/Managers Taking to agents
    32) Tunnels
    33) Hear commentary
    34) Tapping up of players
    35) Refs whistles
    36) More variety in free-kicks
    37) New offside rule!!! and advantages

Amateur

A Sky Sports News feature to the game.

Youth Team
    I used to chase eggs. Now I am just trying not to respond to eegits.

Small(ish) achievable things that I would like to see in the game.

I'm sure some of these at least will be ticked off bt FM09.

1. When my GK scores, I want it to recognise his seasonal goal milestones as it does other players, (ie every 5 goals). It recognises career league goals so why not seasonal league goals and career total goals at least?

2. When my GK is sent off it appears as a key highlight.

3. When my chairman buys/sells a player over your my head, I want the ability to issue him with an ultimatum saying "do that and I'm offski".

4. When viewing the "overall best eleven" screen, I don't want to just see the stats for the years in which the players were selected in an individual years best eleven. I want to see their complete stats while at the club, (including the years when they were not selected in the seasonal best eleven).

5. I would like to see prize money/attendances/sponsorship linked to continental coefficients, so the better/worse that teams from that nation do in continental competitions, the better/worse their prize money/attendances/sponsorship increases/decreases will be.
    6. League, cup & continental stats included on History - career stats page without the need for selecting individual years.
    7. Grey players to play at a level which is similar to that indicated by their attributes.

8. I don't want to be asked if a goal was off-side or not in a post match interview if it was the completely irrelevant 5th goal in a 5-0 drubbing. Ask me about winning 5-0 or losing 5-0 but not about the goal that may or may not have been off-side because nobody cares.

9. I would like squad filters to stay as I set them until I change them.

10. When other managers come to view our players in a match, I would like to see comment in the media if the player didn't play. Imagine I am managing Villa and both Benitez and whoever the new England manager is, (forgotten his name), come to watch Gareth barry, but I decide that he needs a rest and I will start him on the bench or even leave him out of the squad completely then I would expect/hope to get a comment from them and possibly a reaction from the player.
    11. I would like to see GK momentum introduced. Currently you see GK's race off their line to come and claim balls right on the edge of their area, but miraculously be able to stop dead withot their momentum carrying both them anbd the ball out of the area.
    12. I would like to see the subs warming up only behind the linesman rather than all the way up one side of the pitch.
    13. I would like to see an increased number of PPM's in smaller leagues. Managing in N.Ireland it seems like the "PPM maker" has been given the decade off. I don't want the players to be as good as the English players, but I want them to want to try and do the same stuff.
    14. In game commentary to reflect player history. ie. He's scored against his old club or he's tucked that one away against his childhood favourites.
    15. When you are managing in the top league in any structure, (eg English Premier League, Spanish la Liga, Italian Seria A), you should be able to offer players bonus' for achieving European/Champions League Qualification in the same was as a lower league player might be offered a bonus for promotion. I would like to see it in an ascending scale like this.

A Promotion.
    B European Qualification.
    C Qualification for Champions League.
    D Qualification for Group stages of Champions League/UEFA Cup.
    E Qlification from Group stages.

At the moment it just gets to the top league and then stops.
    16. The ability for strong club rivalries to be developed. If this is in the game then great, but the information screen giving info on this doesn't get updated.
    17. I would like to see individual player,target specific bonus' eg. £1000 for 20 league goals/assists/clean sheets.
    18. Media comments about playing against old players again and again and again. In a big structure like England it may not be too repetetive but in a smal structure by comparison like N.Ireland, (still 4 tiers), it happens every week now. Imagine a nation with only 1 league? It also seems to make no difference whether the plater in question is actually going to play or not.
    19. Clubs having disliked staff. Like Ince and Fat Frank at West Ham. Like **** at Spurs. I appreciate that this might not be possible for real players due to licensing but maube it;s something that could beintroduced with Fred's and appropriate media comments and player reaction as a result.
    20. The English structure Salary Cap that is in place now in League 1 & League 2 and I think the Conference Nat as well.
    21. I'd like top see the Director of football role implemented as an option that could be selected/deselected pre-game. So if you were manager of Real madrid, Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle you got to select a shortlist of players from which hopefully any potential transfer targets would be purchased.
    22. At the moment you can't see standard stats for non competetive games? I would like these games to be treated in the same way as competetive games and allow us to view nasic stats such as Avg Tackles, Pass %, Shots on target. The other stats are there so why not these?
    23. Change match ratings so that giving away a penalty is judged in exactly the same way whether the penalty is scored or not.
    24. Change the way that GK match ratings are calculated. At the moment they seem to use the same/similar fornulae to outfield players. I want to see a system that rates them on such things as making saves and not how many succesful passes they make or whether they aimlessly hoofed the ball up the pitch and managed a flukey assist.
    25. An upgrade to the holiday mode system to allow the following.

-Multiple tactics (eg home and away).

-1st and 2nd choices for whom to play in what positions.

-An option for the Ass Man/Chairman to purchase players.

option 1 Buy any players.

option 2 Only buy players on shortlist.

option 3 Do not buy any players.
    26. It's quite a nice little feature that allows you to take a "screenshot" at the pressing of a button that is auto saved to a file somewhere, but it currently saves it in the wrong format I think. It should be saved as a JPEG.
    27. According to the recent videos The Ass Man is now giving increased and detailed feed-back with regards to tactics during a game. I would like coaches to be doing the same with regards to feedback/advice with regards to training. The Ass Man & Coaches should really be used as a help feature to guide the user. If we don't want/need to use then then great, but if we do then they should be available. As the game becomes more in fepth and challenginig, this allows you to accomodate those of you who do not feel able to "pick up and play" any more.
    Last edited by Jimbokav1971; 07-09-2008 at 07:06.

Lurker

Most of these are really good, theres one not far up about the buying/selling players and i just wanted to add to that.
    When bidding for a player, if funds are average i.e. you cant afford £20m to buy Clichy then when NEGOTIATE with Arsenal, you should have a better guide as to what other incentives could sway their decision, rather that simply adding on a percentage clause (guessing).
    This could work like the assistant managers suggested players for transfer, except it would be more insightful than just offering players that Arsenal (e.g.) would have recently bid on. You could NEGOTIATE rather than shooting and hoping, because rebidding gets tedious. I.e. moving from initial offer of 15m to a bid of 16m plus assurances of 1m if clichy makes 10 int. appearances is much better than having to sell just to raise your bid (too simple for a complex game.
    Another thing is that it should be easier to find out what players would move on loan, generally you can only pick up youngsters, but if you tried to emulate the fortunes of Tevez and Mascherano to West Ham it would be pretty impossible. So maybe there could be a list on the information screen or something similar perhaps.
    I just feel these suggestions would motivate me to play with a team like Aston Villa rather than Man City (who have loads more money and wouldnt have to seek for such guidelines when dealing with transfers/loans.

Save-game compatibility. I wish I could start a long-term game in one version of the game and carry it over to the next instead of having to start over from the beginning. Every year.

Amateur

please could you sort out away attendances... would love to know how many fans i take away with me. cheers.

Youth Team

the ability to discipline players for consistently picking up yellow cards.. my lb (aggression of 6, btw) has picked up no fewer than 40 in just over 4 seasons, but i cant do anything about it!

Amateur

Angry Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

1. Make the pre-game editor tell you if the same exact attribute values you chose will be the same when you start a new game. If you say a player has CA of say 145 it would help if you knew the limits of how the stats can be distributed.

2. Go in holiday - An option to choose 1st choice, second choice player, 3rd etc for each position.

3. Fix closing down. Fix closing down. FIX CLOSING DOWN.

4. Fix swap positions/man-marking after substitutions.

5. Make a processor benchmark.

6. Improve training.
    Last edited by Tasque; 06-09-2008 at 11:35.

Amateur

Add some kind of football software like ProZone or Amisco.

I know, it is not about copying CM, but actually is a very useful tool and it would be a very interesting thing to add.

Amateur

Also when clicking on a player after a season the history should show the goals and average rating from the whole season instead of just league goals and avg rating.

Youth Team
    I used to chase eggs. Now I am just trying not to respond to eegits.

Small(ish) achievable things that I would like to see in the game.

I'm sure some of these at least will be ticked off bt FM09.

When my GK scores, I want it to recognise his seasonal goal milestones as it does other players, (ie every 5 goals). It recognises career league goals so why not seasonal league goals and career total goals at least?

When my GK is sent off I want it to appear as a key highlight.

When my chairman buys/sells a player over your my head, I want the ability to issue him with an ultimatum saying "do that and I'm offski".

When viewing the "overall best eleven" screen, I don't want to just see the stats for the years in which the players were selected in an individual years best eleven. I want to see their complete stats while at the club, (including the years when they were not selected in the seasonal best eleven).

I would like to see prize money/attendances/sponsorship linked to continental coefficients, so the better/worse that teams from that nation do in continental competitions, the better/worse their prize money/attendances/sponsorship increases/decreases will be.
    League, cup & continental stats included on History - career stats page without the need for selecting individual years.
    Grey players to play at a level which is similar to that indicated by their attributes.

I don't want to be asked if a goal was off-side or not in a post match interview if it was the completely irrelevant 5th goal in a 5-0 drubbing. Ask me about winning 5-0 or losing 5-0 but not about the goal that may or may not have been off-side because nobody cares.

I would like squad filters to stay as I set them until I change them.

When other managers come to view our players in a match, I would like to see comment in the media if the player didn't play. Imagine I am managing Villa and both Benitez and whoever the new England manager is, (forgotten his name), come to watch Gareth Barry, but I decide that he needs a rest and I will start him on the bench or even leave him out of the squad completely then I would expect/hope to get a comment from them and possibly a reaction from the player.
    I would like to see GK momentum introduced. Currently you see GK's race off their line to come and claim balls right on the edge of their area, but miraculously be able to stop dead withot their momentum carrying both them anbd the ball out of the area.
    I would like to see the subs warming up only behind the linesman rather than all the way up one side of the pitch, (Idea originally from Si BHA).
    I would like to see an increased number of PPM's in smaller leagues. Managing in N.Ireland it seems like the "PPM maker" has been given the decade off. I don't want the players to be as good as the English players, but I want them to want to try and do the same stuff.
    In game commentary to reflect player history. ie. He's scored against his old club or he's tucked that one away against his childhood favourites.
    When you are managing in the top league in any structure, (eg English Premier League, Spanish la Liga, Italian Seria A), you should be able to offer players bonus' for achieving European/Champions League Qualification in the same was as a lower league player might be offered a bonus for promotion. I would like to see it in an ascending scale like this.

A Promotion.
    B European Qualification.
    C Qualification for Champions League.
    D Qualification for Group stages of Champions League/UEFA Cup.
    E Qlification from Group stages.

At the moment it just gets to the top league and then stops.
    The ability for strong club rivalries to be developed. If this is in the game then great, but the information screen giving info on this doesn't get updated.
    I would like to see individual player, target specific bonus' eg. £1000 for 20 league goals/assists/clean sheets.
    Media comments about playing against old players again and again and again. In a big structure like England it may not be too repetetive but in a smal structure by comparison like N.Ireland, (still 4 tiers), it happens every week now. Imagine a nation with only 1 league? It also seems to make no difference whether the player in question is actually going to play or not.
    Clubs having disliked staff. Like Ince and Fat Frank at West Ham. Like **** at Spurs. I appreciate that this might not be possible for real players due to licensing but maube it;s something that could beintroduced with Fred's and appropriate media comments and player reaction as a result.
    The English structure Salary Cap that is in place now in League 1 & League 2 and I think the Conference Nat as well.
    I'd like top see the Director of football role implemented as an option that could be selected/deselected pre-game. So if you were manager of Real madrid, Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle you got to select a shortlist of players from which hopefully any potential transfer targets would be purchased.
    At the moment you can't see standard stats for non competetive games? I would like these games to be treated in the same way as competetive games and allow us to view nasic stats such as Avg Tackles, Pass %, Shots on target. The other stats are there so why not these?
    Change match ratings so that giving away a penalty is judged in exactly the same way whether the penalty is scored or not.
    Change the way that GK match ratings are calculated. At the moment they seem to use the same/similar fornulae to outfield players. I want to see a system that rates them on such things as making saves and not how many succesful passes they make or whether they aimlessly hoofed the ball up the pitch and managed a flukey assist.
    An upgrade to the holiday mode system to allow the following.

-Multiple tactics (eg home and away).

-1st and 2nd choices for whom to play in what positions.

-An option for the Ass Man/Chairman to purchase players.

option 1 Buy any players.

option 2 Only buy players on shortlist.

option 3 Do not buy any players.
    It's quite a nice little feature that allows you to take a "screenshot" at the pressing of a button that is auto saved to a file somewhere, but it currently saves it in the wrong format I think. It should be saved as a JPEG.
    According to the recent videos The Ass Man is now giving increased and detailed feed-back with regards to tactics during a game. I would like coaches to be doing the same with regards to feedback/advice with regards to training. The Ass Man & Coaches should really be used as a help feature to guide the user. If we don't want/need to use then then great, but if we do then they should be available. As the game becomes more in fepth and challenginig, this allows you to accomodate those of you who do not feel able to "pick up and play" any more.

28. When a player has dual nationality, and represents his 2nd Nationality at U19 level, I want the flag next to the U19 info on his profile to indicate that he has represented his seconday nation at U19 level and not his primary nation. At the moment it stays the same so it is a little misleading. The easiest answer would be ton introduce a 2nd flag for the nation he has represented next to the U19 info.

Amateur

I have to admit i did not read all the suggestions to se if this is already there.

You can suggest that your players would make a good coach or manager, some times they do become one sometimes they dont. Would it be possible to have an option to suggest they try for their coaching badges. I had Jamie Carragher, told him he would make a good coach and he said he would definatly like to be a coach. Then he retired and disappeared from the game. Could you have a section, where it says "plans to retire" where it says "plans to attain coaching badges". There could be a news message when they pass or fail their course. Then it would be easier to appoint club favorites as staff.

Amateur

England C side being made up (the England Non League team) would be good when managing in the Blue Square Leagues.

The ability to ask previous managers of a club what their experiences with said club have been. So for example, I could ask Kevin Keegan what he thought of Newcastle and he could give me feedback such as, "The board like to interfere in transfer issues."

Or something like that.

Lurker

I would like to see that the fans arent unhappy about young player you buy when they arent good enough for the squad, when you have bought that player because the big chance he is becomming a future star. (from the information you recieve from scouts)

This especially when you have lots of $$$ to spend and snatch a player for a small % of your total budget.

edit: I would like to see 2 shortlists so you can put players in your second shortlist as players who you might want to buy at a later stage because you currently lack the money, you want to see them develop, etc.
    Last edited by soccerjack; 07-09-2008 at 15:21.

Amateur

Now that SI have announced that their using a 3d match engine in FM09 they should for future versions develop a 3d view of stadiums and 3d view style stadium developments screen, managers do have a say in the plans of stadiums and new stadiums seem to be announced every year recently so this feature i reckon should be added. Plus they should introduce some sort of kinghthood scheme where if you e.g. win the treble, you get knighted like in real life (Sir Alex Ferguson). Plus agents need to be more involed in the game as they play a huge part in every transfer nowadays and they can decide alone whether a player goes to a club or not, not the player or club. SI therefore need to address this and put this into the game.

Amateur

Default critisizing an opposing player for givin ur player a long term injury

for instance ur during a match ur playa is injured and u find out d injury is for 2 months or longer..u should be able to publicly critisize the player for violent behaviour and even say you think the F.A should give him a ban:just liike the eduardo incident...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Wight91 View Post
    This is an abominable comment from a man who belived he knows all the answers. I pose this to you friend, are you or are you not a true fan of Football Manager. Are you a fool?

Difficulties levels in fm would be impossible you dog. Just don;t post again you dell using gypsy
    *****I'm sorry - I totally agree - difficulty levels are essential - FM is becoming too complex and I dont think the poster of this comment is a fool. Whoever made this arrogant reply obviously has no life!!! The point is absolutly correct. I bought Championship Manager this year after spending a month trying to win at football manager and failing. I got really frustrated cause there was cool functions in Football Manager - but I dont wanna waste time picking new tactics to deal with each team each week. I wanna spend my time playing the transfer market - finding cool youths and making them stars by training and giving them first team chances. I dont want to research other teams thats too much work.

The old system worked great for this and them some annoying people made it seem a little less fun and a little bit more like a job. There is a fine line here people and some people like the new system while others dont.

Yes maybe difficulty levels is a big fix - requires revisiting AI for many differant modes. However if you make the game unplayable to a whole community the game will become less and less popular as only an elite few will end up buying it.

Bring back the AI from 06 thats my opinion!!!

Semi Pro

So, in other words, you're not very good at FM anymore - so it should be changed to suit you?

I'd really like to see a vast improvement on the AI of non-human managers, who they select, who they purchase etc, I just watched Man Utd vs Newcastle and though trailing 2-3 to Newcastle, Juande Ramos (the United Manager!) rather than taking of Evra who had a rating of 4, he took off an uninjured Ronaldo the only decent player for United with a rating of 8, needless to say the game ended 2-3 to Newcastle, Roy Keane also made a gaffe he bought a midfielder called Marco Donadel from Villa for 12,250,000 + Craig Gordan ?? Gordan being Sunderlands best player, it kind of ruins the feeling of being part of a realistic football world, at present Ramos (Man Utd), Wenger (Arsenal) and Keegan (Newcastle) are all under pressure, the media keeps linking ...... Tony Mowbray with taking over, even Dave Jones was rumoured with United..... seriously, there should be an algorithm for top clubs that only managers that have worked already with top clubs get linked to with top jobs, ditto International management, I'm in 2011 and due to playing with only English leagues, English teams dominate Europe completely, Champions League won in 2008: Chelsea, 2009: Arsenal, 2010: Arsenal, 2011: Arsenal Vs Chelsea, so again the AI that determines these fixtures needs to be looked at, also due to only having england playable, there are a lot of unrealistic transfers from England to the continent, Aaron Lennon & Gareth Barry are at Inter, Kevin Doyle??? is at A.C. Milan.... I know this is a bit rambling, but perhaps you get my drift, I only reached the premiership this season with Nottm Forest and I hope not be pitting myself against David Platt's Arsenal

Amateur

I've discussed a few days ago in this topic something in the likes of the director of football and the chairmans role in buying and selling but it wasn't that well explained, so, if you don't mind, i'll just copy/paste what i've said yesterday in another topic (director of football).

First of all, I play manager since the amiga years (the manager was my first; aaaah the blue player trying to lob the red keeper for him to push it away at the last second...) so i'm more than accostumed to buying and selling players, and the way the cm/fm series have always delt with it was and still is the best way. That is to say, until now.

One thing that has been discussed here I totally agree with: the english and continental manner of dealing with transfers are completely different, and it should be reflected accordingly. Not only that, but it should reflect the type of president/general director/football director way of working. And if you look closely, this is will make the game even more appealing.

Imagine this: you want to manage an english team and your undecided between aston villa and west ham, just because you like the claret and light blue kits. What do you do? You check out the players, the stadium, facilities, staff... and the type of president/general director/football director!

Besides, in the same way that you begin to ask for parent clubs and the board let you decide the type you want after a few years in the club, why not make it possible to do the same in the transfer department? The more you're a part of the club, the more freedom you'll get...

But not having liberty doesn't mean less fun.

You want to buy a left back. You go to the transfer list, and use it the same way as always; filter, interested players, left back, and the result is - let's imagine - 200. you approach a player the same way but, instead of giving money to the club, you just approach him, and you do the same to 20 more players. From then on, its up to the director; he negociates the transfer fee, contract, whatever and comes back with a message after a few days: "player x will sign for us, do you want him to?" or "5 players have signed for us, wich ones do you want?" or even after just one day "the director doesn't think you need a player for that position", wich could give a whole variety of news: questions by the jornalists, ultimatums to the board "it's him or me!", etc, etc, etc.

Then you have the continental way of managering.

Let's say your Reggiana. The president was fairly indifferent to your transfer policy (let's face it, you probably only brought in out of contract players...) and you managed to get the club on serie A in 2 years, so you start to receive good job offers. The president comes to you and says "my good man, your outstanding performance has given me no solution but to fire the football director and give you total liberty to decide everything related to transfers. The club is in your hands".

But then comes along Parma.

"We have been watching you and we think that you will be a great adition to our staff. You will have the power to choose who you want to send out of the club, but the general manager will make the shortlist of players to buy - or you can give a list of players you want to buy (let's say 10 per position) and in a few days the general manager will give you the answer".

So you start to wonder... Reggiana with total freedom or Parma with lesser one? In the meanwhile... Ancellotti is sacked and THEY WANT YOU!

"hello, my name is Silvio Berlusconi and I think you have a great future in the game and want you to be our new head coach. That said, because of your inexperience as a manager, we will control the financial and transfers section of the club. You will have a last say in some aspects of it, but only as an opinion."

So, total freedom in Reggiana, lesser in Parma or none in Milan?

Cheers.

P.S. - Sorry about the post... a little long I know.

Lurker

Sorry if these have already been suggested, I'm not prepared to go through 32 pages to find out.

I would like you to be able to set more specific closing down instructions to your players.
    For example, sometimes I want my striker to close down the keeper when he receives a back pass or for my wingers to put pressure on the oposition full backs when they are in possesion, however at the moment I would have to set their closing down to "whole pitch". This means they track back to close players down in less advanced positions when I don't want them to.

Also I would like to see the option for one of your players to man-mark an oposing player (can this be done already?).

Youth Team

id like the ability to see who is classed as home-grown BEFORE it comes to registering sqaud for the champions league

Youth Team

Also I would like to see the option for one of your players to man-mark an oposing player (can this be done already?).
    should be able to do that already, tactics screen, click ont he player you want to be the marker, and theres a drop down box entitled "marking"

Amateur

Can you, by any chance, put the 'Games Played' Stat back on the Selection Filter.
    I'd personally rather see that back than the Current Ability Stars.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=44240

Amateur
    I've been here since the insidetheweb.com days you know...

I think that your transfer policy as a manager should be under great scrutiny, by a variety of factors, such as board, supporters, media, assistant manager, rest of squad.

Sometimes seasons can go by in FM2008 and it gets repetitive, the start of season doesn't have much excitement, except when a big-name signing comes and you announce your board expectations. I would like a more detailed 'board room' meeting with ideas and targets firmly negotiated. Thus, for example if you are at Man Utd, you could say:

"My first priority is to purchase a goalkeeper."

And then you could state what his importance is to you such as:
    -I want him to compete with Van der Sar for a first-team start.
    -I want him to provide cover for Van der Sar.
    -I want him to be backup but with view of replacing Van der Sar in 1/2 years. (Thus, a player could be informed that his squad status will 'automatically' get promoted in the 2nd/3rd season of his contract etc.)
    -I feel Van der Sar is too old, and would like a direct replacement for Van der Sar.

Thus if the board look for suitable players or deliberate on how much $$$ they would be willing to spend on both club and player wages, these factors could be taken into consideration.

Thus, I would like every transfer to be carefully negotiated for and its purpose in improving the squad is defined (for which after a season or two, it can be evaluated accordingly by media/board etc.)

Other examples would be:

-Manager X was wise in spending a mere 1.5million euros for Player Y who has duly delievered as the 3rd centre-back of the team.
    -Fans are excited by the passion of Player Y, who at mere 19 years of age, has the potential to become a world-class player. The transfer fee of 8 million euros was justified, even though fans were a bit surprised to see such an amount spent on a young striker who has starred only 1 season in the Argentinian top flight.

Amateur

These are my suggestions. I'm using a translator. Original post (in Spanish): here

- Reasons why a club rejects your job application:
    * You do not have enough experience
    * You do not have enough titles
    * You have no effective acceptable
    * We do not want Argentine coaches

- Reasons for resignation:
    * I am leaving because I will manage another club/country
    * I am leaving because I do not get along with the team
    * I am leaving because I am not satisfied with my salary
    * I am leaving because I am not in conformity with the president, xD.

- People and clubs favorites:
    * If I always take the same player or coach to other teams, I want to be able to add him manually to my favorite people.
    * Same with clubs, If I'm 2000 days in a club, I want to be able to put it as another favourite club since I originally selected Independiente as my favourite.

That's it.

Cheers
    Last edited by Faryds; 10-09-2008 at 04:58.

Scream78

Good morning,

it is my first post after SIGames changed all the forum system. I don't know if it is too late for some modifications that I would like to suggest. I hope that they could be included on the new version of the game. Let's start....

1) When you start with a low division team, sometimes they don't have a reserve team, they only have youth team, so after some years in the youth team you must loan them to other teams, make them play in the 1st team (usually not recommended), or just sell them. Is it possible to have the possibility to create the reserve team? Same as to remove it. Is similar as when you are invited to play your sub-teams leagues.

2) When you buy a non-EU player, after the needed time to apply for the nationality, sometimes they just remain without acquiring the nationality. I understand that could be the player decision, but a good idea is to force them to sign in contract that after the needed years they must to, or add an option to suggest the player to get it. I think that it will be more realistic.

3) When you play with a low division team, if you want to contract a new employee, sometimes the chairman blocks your transfer. I think that if you are UNDER the wage budget, they don't have to care how many coaches, scouts, physios or whatever I want to contract.

4) When you contract a youngster, lets say 15yo, they must be equal to an own youth player, for example when you select players for Champions League, that you must add own junior players. When seasons starts it could be good to choose on youth market which players you need or want to come to your youth team.

5) When you move to an AI team, some employees are set to your reserve team, or youth team, I mean physios etc... I kno that is possible to choose their trainer. Why do I not have that possibility?

I think these are the most important ideas I have. If i'm on time to give some more ideas, please let me know and I will do.

Please could any of SI Team tell me if any idea will be added, or has been added, or they will be investigated?

I have another question: could I be a beta tester?
    Thank you very much and congratulations to your game.

Semi Pro

I really don't know where to post this, but what about more detailed statistics? I for one is unhappy about the poor level of history for ex. a player. The history screen only shows league games. I would love to see more history.

Amateur

Something simple thaat I have forgotten to add it earlier, but when it comes to selecting "All Players from a Nation" instead of having a drop down menu, have a tick box similar to when you select which league you want to play in, as at the moment it takes a heck of while tos select all of the playing nations.

Small change I know but hey, it would make this devoted fans life a little easier.

Amateur

There are a few things I'd like to see in the game.

A.

The game seems to trick you, most commonly with the second season. Usually the second season becomes twice as difficult, due to the AI giving you more resistance.
    Personally I find this odd, as in real football, the season's difficulty doesn't change either. Teams change and thus could end up stronger, or weaker, but that is the only change.
    The AI also seems to like to mess around, as I have encountered many many many times, when I scored a goal and a minute later the computer scored a goal, there are various of these situations that I am sure most of you know.

B.

Some other features. I don't know if any of you guys know the old game called: Ultimate Football Manager. If not, look it up.
    Anyway, the game featured many options not seen in other football managing games, even up to today. It allowed you to improve your own stadium, choose your own advertisement, add facilities and basically allowed you to act like a chairman, as well as manager.
    I think it'd be a neat idea if something like this would be added to Football Manager as well.

C.

More pictures of players. There are still tons of players without pictures. Is it difficult to obtain the pictures? Like, are the clubs being pedantic about this or something?
    Personally I fail to see why many players don't have pictures, as the club websites usually have them up.

Anyway, these are just a few things I can think of. Hopefully a staff member will read these and thinks, "Hey! The chairman options in USM were pretty neat, let's add something similar in this game."

Amateur

Lightbulb Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

ALL FAIRLY EASY TO INCLUDE I THINK

I'd like to have the option of taking the coaching team with me when I move clubs. Something we often see as most managers try to bring their backroom staff.

I'd also like to give a players wishlist to the chairman, I think that's how a lot of Championship with limited funds work when there aren't big bucks.

I'd like to be able to interact with fans. I play as Southampton and the fans get demanding even when I finish in playoffs but my matchday team is only an average age of 19. In reality the fans would be excited about what I am buidling for the future.

I'd like to set playing instructions for some players that they will always play to, such as a player with a good long range shot to always use it rather than the instruction being specific to a position within your tactic. Some wingers like beckham you would want to always cross from deep whereas Walcott you would instruct to get to the byline. If the instruction for your right winger is byline you need to change the instruction when you make a substitution but the instruction could be set as player specific....(does that make sense?)

I'd like all football personel to be in the game, even TV pundits like Shearer and Hanson who you could try and tempt into the game.

I'd like to see testimonials and charity games on occassions.

I'd like to be able to get my team more disciplined and interact and develope players personalities more. The player unhappy charachteristics should be easier to solve with improved interaction (discussion?)

What do you think?

Amateur

I'd like to see...

A more realistic reputation system.
    e.g. whilst managing Billericay I was offered a job in Serie B in Italy. A bit unrealistic!

When a goal is scored in stoppage time, instead of it being displayed as 90, it should be 90+2 or whatever extra minute is appropriate

Wishlist for chairman, dependant on the clubs financial resources and reputation

More audio files to complement the matchday experience

When creating your profile, the ability to select multiple languages

Amateur

It must be easier to get rid of players who you don't like and who know they'll never play for you again. In my case, Damien Duff sitting in the Newcastle reserves on 60,000 pounds a week. I've offered him to other clubs for 0 (zero) pounds and no one's interested. In older version of FM you had the ability to pay part of a player's wages if he agreed to go to another club and I wish we could see this again. I'm sure that while there are a few Winston Bogardes out there -- players who are happy to sit in the reserves for 40,000 a week -- most professional players would want to play as often as they could and if a manager said "You're never going to appear for this club again as long as I'm in charge," the player would get the hint and go somewhere else.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    It must be easier to get rid of players who you don't like and who know they'll never play for you again. In my case, Damien Duff sitting in the Newcastle reserves on 60,000 pounds a week. I've offered him to other clubs for 0 (zero) pounds and no one's interested. In older version of FM you had the ability to pay part of a player's wages if he agreed to go to another club and I wish we could see this again. I'm sure that while there are a few Winston Bogardes out there -- players who are happy to sit in the reserves for 40,000 a week -- most professional players would want to play as often as they could and if a manager said "You're never going to appear for this club again as long as I'm in charge," the player would get the hint and go somewhere else.
    YES YES!

Amateur

I'd like to see the following feature in some iteration of the game: A football chairman role you can take up if you gain enough money to buy a club, switching the game from a football focus to a more business one. It's hardly football management, but it's something I've never seen before in a game.

Amateur

Transfer system.
    Just a quick thought on the new transfer system.

Will you still be able to see what clubs are interested in players? This seems a little unrealistic to me. I would like to see a system whereby if a club has expressed a definate interest in a player (ie Liverpool with Gareth Barry, tottenham with Arshavin) then this should be clearly stated. However, where is it only a rumour (ie Liverpool with David Silva, Villa with Milner) this should be made clear. It seems a little unfair that as a manager adds a player to his shortlist everyone else around the world becomes immediatley aware. I would also like to see the opportunity for a club to buy a player without anyone becoming aware until the trasfer is completed (I am aware this is difficult in the current media age).

Just a thought.

Matt

Amateur

away attendances... please put away attendances in.

Reserves
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!

Quote Originally Posted by Faryds View Post
    These are my suggestions. I'm using a translator. Original post (in Spanish): here

- Reasons why a club rejects your job application:
    * You do not have enough experience
    * You do not have enough titles
    * You have no effective acceptable
    * We do not want Argentine coaches

- Reasons for resignation:
    * I am leaving because I will manage another club/country
    * I am leaving because I do not get along with the team
    * I am leaving because I am not satisfied with my salary
    * I am leaving because I am not in conformity with the president, xD.

- People and clubs favorites:
    * If I always take the same player or coach to other teams, I want to be able to add him manually to my favorite people.
    * Same with clubs, If I'm 2000 days in a club, I want to be able to put it as another favourite club since I originally selected Independiente as my favourite.

That's it.

Cheers
    Hi

Which translator did you use? It's very good!

Amateur

No copy protection, distribution through Stardock's Impulse platform. Longer post-launch support.

Oh but the game itself, if a game is on neutral ground, stop retaining the home-away language and advantage/disad mechanic.

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Some of the things suggested here are already in the game.

Jimbokav: Clubs do have disliked personal. Check the editor

It's Football Manager for a reason. Once you stop and think about Football Chairman, you'll realsie how little there would actually be to do.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik4 View Post
    I would like you to post new ideas about FM.
    I think that our ideas can help SI and SEGA to make FM even better.

i would like to see more pics of players, it helps in terms of transfers to see who you are buying, ie, a big strong centre forward/back, or a pacy winger who can beat men, its good to know what the player looks like that you are developing into a world class player, also it would be great if these pics could age every year to keep in line with players getting older.

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

Hi to all......I would like to see an option in the transfer section where you can agree to purchase a player and loan him straight back to the selling club( I know you could do this with the editor...but more realistic during in -game situations)..i.e. big club wants to get a youngster from a smaller team before he gets snapped up by someone else.
    I would love the editor to be a real time one so current injuries/transfers/club take overs could be addressed......I know there are some great real time editors available but they are limited..you cant transfer/create people etc etc

One other thing would be the facility to create a tournament...i.e. uk home champs at end of domestic season england/scotland etc

The ability to interact with players more.........................such as leaving out a star player to protect him for a big game etc../more interaction doesnt have to be through media...just between you and player, for things like a kick up the bum for recent form/advice re-future games etc (currently you can ask/ tell a player you are going to rest him this usually upsets many players perhaps if you could give more reasons would create more understanding from your squad and be more realistic)

One last thing would be the ability to create sponsors...love the FM series have them all looking forward to 2009 looks great.

Amateur

1. Weather postponements and abandonments

2. Red card for handball on the line (never seen this in the game)

3. Players like Rory Delap who have long throws should be more effective

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mrg134 View Post
    i would like to see more pics of players, it helps in terms of transfers to see who you are buying, ie, a big strong centre forward/back, or a pacy winger who can beat men, its good to know what the player looks like that you are developing into a world class player, also it would be great if these pics could age every year to keep in line with players getting older.
    I agree it would be nice, but i don't think it is practical. The difficulty in adding a way that the game can realistically age pictures of a player would be far too great for what little benefit it would add to the game.

Amateur

actually, i disagree - yeah there mite not be much to do as a chairman, but then there again there could b alot to do for example watch newcastle.

you can be a chairman and decide wat manager you want for th club and giv ur reasons why u want that manager and also y u want to sack that manager, also giv a contract to th manager that you think is relevant and decide how much money u want to invest into the club,

also, you could not interfere at all and jus keep quiet or if too quiet, hav a manager and th fans mayb question ur commitment or be fully involved in th team and mayb interfere too much by demandin to buy or sell a player and giv a reason, and decide wen u want to sell th club aswell as staff, and giv press conferences etc. there is alot to do

also, improve th staduims and training methods and also, be able to discuss with th manager bout transfer targets and possibly havin a manager com up to u and say wat player th manager wants and see how much extra you can giv to get th player or tell th manager it isnt possible, and set up targets for th manager to achieve and set up th transfer and wage budgets, and even suggest what players you want to play or which player u dont want to play in a followin match and recall players from internationals, basically hav a say in a lot of things

thats quite a lot of things you can do with th chairman and i hope it does work or at least try n attempt to try somthin bout it cos in th end of th day, it is managin a football club, except you're actually managin th club as a whole

n everythin i hav said does happen cos recently over th past 5 years, chairmen hav slowly grown into th football world and hav a say and hav alot of activity instead of jus som1 bein an owner and givin money out to buy players.
    Last edited by Firaz786; 15-09-2008 at 05:33.

Amateur

Apologies if this have already been suggested.

Shareholders Dividends
    I really like to see an “option” for Shareholders Dividends. It will be nice for gamers, whom is interested to manage a club, and also watch the revenues grow. It’s another form of achievement for playing the game. For me, I love to discover young future potential player which might help the team to win the league. The young player, can later be sold for huge profit, in the transfer market. But at the end of the season, only to see the profit given out as Shareholders Dividends. It really spoil the mood and fun. After 2 or 3 season, I can't generate any further interest, as huge dividends is given out to shareholders.

Semi Pro

Shareholder dividends are realistic, so why should they be optional?

Amateur

One feature that I would like to see is to have the option to warm up players before getting into the game as subs.

Third Team
    Steal a little and they throw you in jail Steal a lot and they make you king

I just wish they'd add the Egyptian league, i like the African CL and with two African leagues running it'd be more competitive and fun

South Korea Head Researcher

How about adding some kind of 'after-life' for footballers when they retire?

For example, say you managed a great loyal player and he retired after a while.

If he chooses not to continue as a coach/scout/physio etc, normally he gets wiped out of the system and never get to see him again.

Sometimes, when I play all the way to 2050 or something, I want to look back to what I have been doing for 40+ years and interact or get in touch with players who used to play for me.

So what I suggest is, instead of wiping the player out, he should still stay in the system but with other profession such as a groundsman or a media officer at the club or even non-football profession such as teacher or businessman(pub/club owner etc).

If you click on the players name there will be no attribute but have the following:

1. Job title (eg. 'Groundsman at Arsenal' or 'Pub owner')
    2. Location
    3. Club history
    4. Honours

It is very simple for SI to implement because all you have to do is to keep a long list of jobs in the DB and assign them any job at random out of the DB when they retire.

There are two problem with this.

A. The game DB might become too big
    B. The SI might want to keep it simple and limit non-football related factors

For A, you can solve the problem by having an option for each player whether to keep him in the DB or not; and for some significant players who were classed as Worldclass or something the game itself can automatically keep them. Unless automatically kept by the game or 'keeping' options ticked by the gamer, all other footballers will be wiped out as usual thus game speed slowdown kept to a minimum.

For B, you can solve it by partly implementing the feature: you can only restrict the professions to football related such as groundsman, media officer, chairman(might not be straight after retirement), technical director and so on at a football club.

For football professions, the SI can even develop this further in future by having these retired players continuously interacting with the managers in the game.

Groundsman: the retired player appear when altering pitch dimensions
    Media Officer: appear during press conference which is to be implemented in FM09
    Chairman: appear (after sometime) when there is a takeover bid for a club

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Speng; 15-09-2008 at 19:09.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post

Jimbokav: Clubs do have disliked personal. Check the editor
    SCIAG: Jimbokav wouldn't and won't check the editor as he's LLM (and us LLaMas aren't meant to touch the thing with a 10 foot barge pole ) but you weren't to know that (just thought I'd mention it so you'd understand)

Amateur

I don't know if this has already been suggested, and it's only a small tweak, but one I think that could prove important.

I would like the ability to ask a player to work on his weaker foot. I know in FM09 that I can now ask him to learn a new 'preferred move', but strengthening his weaker foot would also be nice.

The example I have in mind at the moment is a regen in my current game whose positions are listed as D RLC. His natural positions are DR and DC, but his foot is listed as 'Left only'. Surely, if I see him as my DR, I want him to be comfortable with his right foot?

Please SI

Part-Timer

How about something to do with the fans in the game suggesting which players to buy etc?

I remember a few England managers before Capello were doing bad and fans were saying why does he pick Heskey and not Owen etc. Also I believe this happens at clubs where the media say the fans are not happy with the managers tactics and he should have put this player in and not him etc. Fans also have a say on which potential signings they would like to see, from media to Football club official website fanzine forums.

Amateur

Apologies if this has been mentioned before (there are too many pages to read here) but i'd like some kind of virtual prize and a place in FM history when i win the Champions League with Swindon Town... at least this way ill have something to use when arguing with my mrs about why playing this game is not wasting my time and that it is more important then sitting with her while she watches Ugly Betty :-)

Seriously though some kind of online Hall of Fame would be ace!

My other suggestions would be

-Specific instructions for subs, ie go kick Christiano Ronaldo around and make sure he doesn't score
    -More feedback about how the fans feel about you, may not change the game but nice to hear fans supporting you if you get sacked after winning a clubs first trophy in years but then having a few bad seasons, also nice to have the added pressue if you are doing badly and the fans start to get agaisnt you such as protests outside the stadium etc and then to have all this change because you win a local derby! Fans and the newspapers can be this shallow!
    -On that point the newspaper headlines and transfer news would be a cool feature, i mean who doesn't read the back pages of the newspaper to see what they think of their team/players and to read the latest transfer gossip
    -If a player is in high demand his value should increase, maybe even the possability to offer to other teams stating you have recieved £x from another club
    -Improve the favorite staff feature, if you work with an assistand for many years and especially if you are sucessful you can expect a really good realtionship to build up. If you then leave the club it should be easier to recruit these people from your old club, infact on occasions they should be determined to leave and join you at the new club.
    -Rather than players becoming unhapy at you for turning down a bid from a higher profile club, they should speak to you and make their frustrations known, allowing you to try to persuade the to stay through new contracts, promises of new signings etc
    -Refs should on occasion come out after a game and admit they made a mistake, im thinking not giving a penalty in the FA cup final etc, after all these things do happen and they are only human :-)

I'm sure there are lots of ther things i will think of and i'll post them in due course but that will do for now! Overall a great series of games and i cant wait for the next installment. I can remember the conversations all those years ago in the first Champ Man where we were saying wouldn't a 3d real life view of the games be great. Looking forward to trying it out and im sure it will only get better over the years!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik4 View Post
    I would like you to post new ideas about FM.
    I think that our ideas can help SI and SEGA to make FM even better.

if i want to manage a Team from Moldova, what can i do ??
    and could somebody help me

thanks

Amateur

come with some help ... pls pls pls

Third Team
    Steal a little and they throw you in jail Steal a lot and they make you king

We get told favoured personel, would be nice to have disliked viewable too

Amateur
    Somewhere between expectancy and paranoia

Quote Originally Posted by Piisuke View Post

The game seems to trick you
    Like when you have two players with the same surname and you offer one to clubs - the sneaky buggers bid for the good one

Quote Originally Posted by LutonNil View Post
    Like when you have two players with the same surname and you offer one to clubs - the sneaky buggers bid for the good one
    I had two Aaron Brown's in my Gillingham team- one was a left winger, and one was a centre back signed from Reading who was immense. Real captain's material so I made him captain. Only I didn't. I had a left winger who generally only came on as a sub and had an influence of 6 as my captain. Wrong Aaron Brown. I was annoyed, so I used the nickname function and named one Aaran Brown. It didn't help much.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by GillsMan View Post
    I had two Aaron Brown's in my Gillingham team- one was a left winger, and one was a centre back signed from Reading who was immense. Real captain's material so I made him captain. Only I didn't. I had a left winger who generally only came on as a sub and had an influence of 6 as my captain. Wrong Aaron Brown. I was annoyed, so I used the nickname function and named one Aaran Brown. It didn't help much.
    You could have called him Brownie..it also adds a sweet taste to the game..yum yum

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Walds View Post
    So, in other words, you're not very good at FM anymore - so it should be changed to suit you?
    Exactly - I'm crap ... however for every one awesome person at this game I bet you there are at least a few crap ones. SI Games need to appeal to these people just as much as those that are great!!! After all I pay my 30 quid just as much as you do - why should I have a lesser gaming experience? Just because I've no talent ... thats not very fair. What I am proposing is not a solution that only benefits me - I want easy and hard mode (as exists in most mainstream games). Then I can enjoy my easy game and you can enjoy being the best of the best....

If SI games had any sense they would prioritise this - as their game is awesome - the only thing that will drive people away is if the game becomes unplayable to a large community - and with each year that passes the game gets harder and another portion of the community gets excluded. Eventually only a small crowd will be able to compete which means lower sales and end game to Football Manager.... The guys at SI are a clever bunch I'm sure the AI is do-able....

Difficulty levels are the key!!!!

Youth Team

I do like the idea of an Online Hall Of fame. Be nice if the game could have some sort of scoring system that reflects just how well you've done. Plenty of people could win the CL with Barcelona, for instance, but an online HOF that showed people who've done the same with, say, Worcester City, would be a nice touch. Certainly be good bragging rights, if nothing else.

Whenever i come on this immensely popular thread, i'm always sure to read the first 10 posts again. Great fun.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    Hi
    Which translator did you use? It's very good!
    http://translate.google.com/translate_t and me!
    I originally wrote the post in Spanish and I didn't want to re-write it. So I used the translator and checked and corrected the mistakes myself.

Semi Pro

What I want SI to add to the games is the ability to see lower leagues tables . I dont mean opening up more leagues to play, say lower than Conference North/South, but to be able to see the league tables of those that feed these leagues. I want to be able to keep an eye on my local team Truro City as they make their rise to league football, which in reality is coming quicker and quicker due to the financial backing and our setup but I want to be able to see it in FM too. At the moment when you search for a team who isnt in a playable league they are just listed as being in a lower division, yet in the database these lower leagues are named and the teams are included.

Amateur

A faster reaction from the board to your form (in some situations).

To illustrate my point, an example:

I'm managing Lens in Ligue 1. The board have said they expect me to finish mid-table, and make a push towards qualifying for Europe. They gave me a small transfer budget (something like £500,000). I managed to sell a couple of young stars and raise some cash which I promptly spent on strengthening my squad. A third of the way through the season, and I'm sitting pretty in 2nd place. I line up a transfer for a 20yo who will be brilliant for me. I need another £3m from the board, and so I ask them for the money. They tell me they "have yet to see a return on the money spent this season". Now, I know it could all go horribly wrong, but I've got a mid-table side to challenge for the title, what more do they want? Surely that's enough of a return for them to find me a bit more money?

Amateur

I think there needs to be somewhere in the board confidence where as manager you can see your clubs reputation in the country of play ie england then europe then rest of the world, this could show how well your clubs is known for signing players from other countries.

also there shouldnt be set postions to drop players in for match selection, should be able to pick up players and drop them onto the pitch where you want them to play, as you might want to drop a player just afew yards from his normal postion ie play rooney as a 2nd striker so inbetween attacking midfield and centre forward.

hope theres are good ideas

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    It must be easier to get rid of players who you don't like and who know they'll never play for you again. In my case, Damien Duff sitting in the Newcastle reserves on 60,000 pounds a week. I've offered him to other clubs for 0 (zero) pounds and no one's interested. In older version of FM you had the ability to pay part of a player's wages if he agreed to go to another club and I wish we could see this again.
    That kind of exists in FM 08, but it seems to only work when a player offers it. I have sold saha from Utd in the past and he has demanded I pay 20k a week so he'll leave. I'd agree that having it as a standard option to get rid of players you dont want would be good.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by footman09_90 View Post
    Also when clicking on a player after a season the history should show the goals and average rating from the whole season instead of just league goals and avg rating.
    I'll second that one. It is ridiculous where in a season where a player may score upwards of 50 goals in all competitions (don't laugh I've had players do it by playing in the EPL, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League) yet some 15-20 of those goals are ignored in their history once the new season starts.

Amateur

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this has already been mentioned or i have done this thread wrong but i cam across a website which i thought would be useful for future Football managers

http://www.imscouting.com/

Its a scouting database of players now or up and coming, its full of stats and all that sort of shizzle , so its upto date and realistic ... Its been put together by the agent pini zahivi?? or summat like that.

Also a few other ideas of mine are:
    1.) To hire youth team managers rather than a coach and give them a budget from within your transfer budget so they can sign youth players also .... This may need a bit of tweakin hear and there but ppl i ave spoken to seem to like the idea

2.) When networking to be able to set up a friends league , so instead of doin a full season in england with for example 10 of your mates , to just have you and your mates in one league with one transfer window, this would be quicker and gettin to the point of networking ... beating your mates.

What do people think of my ideas?

Amateur

Two simple things i dont know not in game yet.

Specific Goalkeeper favourite plays
    Enable option in researchers editor to mark a player as an Under-19 international whith his country.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by New Roosterman View Post
    I'll second that one. It is ridiculous where in a season where a player may score upwards of 50 goals in all competitions (don't laugh I've had players do it by playing in the EPL, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League) yet some 15-20 of those goals are ignored in their history once the new season starts.
    They aren't ignored, you just have to select the individual season to view the breakdown

Amateur

Something AWESOME would be indented player histories; if someone plays for more than one team in a single season, the previous history entries would be indented. This would alleviate confusion when looking through histories.

Amateur

More comprehensive Data Base of Comunitarian passport South American players. In real life most of South American players have double nationality (Argentinian/Spanish, or Brazilian/Italian etc..) and can play as a EU player in Europe. So, it's more easy to sign this players if you're a low league club.

I think in game this is not correctly set as there are fewer players in this passport situation

Semi Pro

Long-Term-Games:

Ability to add a Reserves Squad (or remove, I suppose?) would be great for those of us who bring a team up to higher divisions over many years. Adding squads would be realistic and could be reflected in the finances as a cost as well.

Amateur

I would like to see a wind sock type icon at the side of the pitch or an overlay view (similar to placing tracing paper over an image - the tracing paper being a view of the wind and the normal paper being the pitch) if the weather logic is so advanced it can model whirling winds so that you can see the way the wind is blowing and the strength of the gust during matches

Closed Thread
Page 32 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast