AI Manager Movements - A little bit silly?

Why would you ever move to a lower club? EG:

FM11: Dave Jones leaves Cardiff, 2nd in Championship, for Blackpool, 13th Championship, in January 2012.

Gary Megson, 12th in Prem with QPR or someone similar, moves to West Ham, bottom of the prem, February 2011 (although I don't think they got relegated)

FM10: Dutch guy, 11th with Newcastle after promotion, leaves to Wolves who are bottom of the Prem in Dec 2011.

That is a bit unrealistic, no?

Let it not be said that I am a knitpicker with FM; I reckon FM11 is another improvement, and FM is heading towards, although it still isn't near, a fantastic simulation.

Why would you ever move to a lower club? EG:

FM11: Dave Jones leaves Cardiff, 2nd in Championship, for Blackpool, 13th Championship, in January 2012.

Gary Megson, 12th in Prem with QPR or someone similar, moves to West Ham, bottom of the prem, February 2011 (although I don't think they got relegated)

FM10: Dutch guy, 11th with Newcastle after promotion, leaves to Wolves who are bottom of the Prem in Dec 2011.

That is a bit unrealistic, no?

Let it not be said that I am a knitpicker with FM; I reckon FM11 is another improvement, and FM is heading towards, although it still isn't near, a fantastic simulation.

There are some good reasons why someone would do this. Money. Be closer to family. Manage their favorite club.

There are some good reasons why someone would do this. Money. Be closer to family. Manage their favorite club.

Yes, but those three do not have those teams as favourite clubs, they were paid a tiny bit more or not any more at all, and I don't think their families live there. Either way, I'm pretty sure thats not simulated for managers in FM.

Dave Jones to Blackpool is probably because Blackpool we be a bigger team on the FM database due to the fact they have started in the prem. probs have more money than Cardiff as well.

Megson, if he stayed up then why not?

Isnt this like Owen Coyle leaving Burnley who where 8th if i remember rightly to go to Bolton who where 18th....stayed up got more money bigger team etc.

I agree in general with the initial point raised. Cardiff's Jones would clearly stay at Cardiff in real life for a number of reasons, as would the guy at Newcastle as clearly Newcastle are the much bigger side.

Some fine tuning needed here by SI

Archived