+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AI Manager Movements - A little bit silly?

Amateur

Default AI Manager Movements - A little bit silly?

Why would you ever move to a lower club? EG:

FM11: Dave Jones leaves Cardiff, 2nd in Championship, for Blackpool, 13th Championship, in January 2012.
    Gary Megson, 12th in Prem with QPR or someone similar, moves to West Ham, bottom of the prem, February 2011 (although I don't think they got relegated)

FM10: Dutch guy, 11th with Newcastle after promotion, leaves to Wolves who are bottom of the Prem in Dec 2011.

That is a bit unrealistic, no?

Let it not be said that I am a knitpicker with FM; I reckon FM11 is another improvement, and FM is heading towards, although it still isn't near, a fantastic simulation.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by The Carnivorous Badger View Post
    Why would you ever move to a lower club? EG:

FM11: Dave Jones leaves Cardiff, 2nd in Championship, for Blackpool, 13th Championship, in January 2012.
    Gary Megson, 12th in Prem with QPR or someone similar, moves to West Ham, bottom of the prem, February 2011 (although I don't think they got relegated)

FM10: Dutch guy, 11th with Newcastle after promotion, leaves to Wolves who are bottom of the Prem in Dec 2011.

That is a bit unrealistic, no?

Let it not be said that I am a knitpicker with FM; I reckon FM11 is another improvement, and FM is heading towards, although it still isn't near, a fantastic simulation.
    There are some good reasons why someone would do this. Money. Be closer to family. Manage their favorite club.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Bababui View Post
    There are some good reasons why someone would do this. Money. Be closer to family. Manage their favorite club.
    Yes, but those three do not have those teams as favourite clubs, they were paid a tiny bit more or not any more at all, and I don't think their families live there. Either way, I'm pretty sure thats not simulated for managers in FM.

Amateur

Dave Jones to Blackpool is probably because Blackpool we be a bigger team on the FM database due to the fact they have started in the prem. probs have more money than Cardiff as well.

Megson, if he stayed up then why not?

Isnt this like Owen Coyle leaving Burnley who where 8th if i remember rightly to go to Bolton who where 18th....stayed up got more money bigger team etc.

Amateur

Coyle left early in the season, and my point is teams who start in top leagues have inflated reputations for too long. Why would you leave promotion-bound teams for mid-table ones?

First Team Squad Member

I agree in general with the initial point raised. Cardiff's Jones would clearly stay at Cardiff in real life for a number of reasons, as would the guy at Newcastle as clearly Newcastle are the much bigger side.

Some fine tuning needed here by SI

Part-Timer
    Over there, over there and up there... kids they blow up so fast

Always been abit of a problem
    Posted about this (along side general staff moving as well) in the bugs forum
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...yalty...-again

Something I notice, is that it's usually a manager from an overachieving club moving to an underachieving club

+ Reply to Thread