FM11: Matias Ezequiel Schelotto- A poor man's right footed Gareth Bale

dustygator

Matias Ezequiel Schelotto

Club: Cesena on loan from Atalanta

Position(s): M/AM/WB R

Value: £3.8 M

AC%2BCesena%2Bvs%2BReggina%2BCalcio%2BSerie%2BB%2B2009%2B2010%2BqBU5Lx2c4zfl.jpg

MatiasEzequielSchelottoProfile_Attributes-2.png

As you can see Schelotto is very promising right winger who can play all along the right side. As the comparison below shows, he is a poor man's Gareth Bale but right-footed.

MatiasEzequielSchelottoComparison_Overview.png

Because he is on loan for the first season, you cannot sign him until July of 2011. With Palermo, he cost me £1.3 M but I think he costs more with the 11.1 update. Even for £4-5 M, he should still be a good buy. He is still pretty young and according to scouts for both my Palermo and Toulouse team, has great potential. His 19 Determination means you should be able to get him playing at his full potential. He has good physical stats with high Pace, Acceleration, Stamina, Natural Fitness and Strength, similar to Bale, which makes him a rampaging force on the right flank. He also has decent mental stats for his age and good technical stats at least attacking wise.

As I get further in my save, I'll post his development.

And sorry for the blurry pictures, I don't know why it's doing that, I don't know if it's photobucket or this forum that's messing it up.

He has a PA of -9 and a CA of 133. And good hidden stats.

Great player. Got him on a free transfer (2011-12) for my Dortmund team.

Here is a screenshot from the end of January 2013:

fmmatiasschelotto.png

His value and salary is in danish currency (danske kroner)..

BTW: In the OP you have described him as M/AM/WB L and not M/AM/WB R..

• 4 weeks later...

Mathias Ezequiel Schelotto

Ezequiel Matias Schelotto (born 23 May 1989) is an Italian Argentine footballer who plays for Serie A club Cesena, on loan from Atalanta.

schelotto.jpg

There he is at the start of the game, unfortunately he is on loan for the entire first season, but trust me he is worth the wait. I signed him for Bari at the start of the second season for 3.8 million. I think I overpayed and could have probably got him cheaper but tbh I don't care he was awesome for me and was one of the main reasons I finished 5th and qualified for the Europa League. Screenshot of him at the start of the third season below.

51451458.jpg

29330668.jpg

As you can see he got over 20 assists and 12 goals througout the season which is a very good return for an AMR, also was called up to the full Italian squad.

So, basically for between 3 and 4 million I don't think you can go far wrong, even if you're a top class club. And as he was willing to go to Bari I'd imagine he would be willing to go to most teams in the top flight around Europe.

I signed him up for Leeds in my second season (promoted of course). He has been very good for me at AMR position. Recently I changed my tactics as AI was adapting to it and he has slotted in seamlessly at RB position though stats suggest (marking, tackling and positioning) he's not that good but I guess his physicals make up for it. Good buy IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder what you call some "okay"-financial club's manager, while you can consider those that can pay around 4-5 mil. pounds being poor.

Decent find btw. I'm fond of intelligent players.

Might be in comparison to the price you'd have to pay to get Bale ;)

• 4 weeks later...

He actually ended up being available for free in my Blackpool save after he finished his loan in the first season. For some reason Atalanta didn't renew his contract. He finished the season as our top scorer with 20 goals from the AMR position, which was a great return.

Made a good few assists too obviously and fortunately didn't seem too injury prone (my wingers are usually plagued by injuries)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is how he turned out for a top side after a few years on my Newcastle save where I missed out on signing him. He's at Man Utd in the 2017/18 season and looks like a real monster. His physcial stats are immense.

MatiasEzequielSchelottoProfile_Attributes.png

He looks an absolute beast there mate, fair play!

Also what's the skin you're using? Looks smart!

• 4 months later...

Archived