GCB's New Sign-Up Thing for FM11 - please suggest a name!

Due to STEAM playing me up and the fact that I can’t locate my FM10 disk, the Top2Bottom sign-up on FM10 has had to end prematurely. The problems with STEAM arose when I installed FM11 so I’ve decided to launch a new sign-up on FM11 instead.

It may be advantageous to you if you have FM11 for the sign up stage or at least the demo. To let you know, the sign up will start with the 11.1.1 patch. However, it is not essential that you have FM11 and you could attempt it without if you know the players well.

I enjoyed running T2B and am determined to make one last. However, I can’t face the editing that I’ve had to do in the previous T2B games so the new sign-up won’t be featuring all that again. I am going to run a Premier League sign-up using the existing 20 clubs. Depending on interest, I may extend it into the Championship but we’ll see what the interest is like first.

Everybody will be assigned a club – from Manchester United to Blackpool and beyond if I extend into the Championship – and that will be your team to take control of. I will rename the chairman as you and you will get to spend points on creating your chairman persona.

Every team will start with the same bank balance (sugar daddies and sheikhs removed!) and you will be asked to order a set of other criteria in order of preference – i.e. youth, training, ticket prices etc ... – before you know your club. Any outstanding debt will be left untouched. You will therefore get to edit your team through your choices.

Following that, I will give you a list of your top 25 players and you will have to select five of them for transfers away. However, you will have to choose one from your top five, one from your sixth to tenth rated etc ... These players will then be randomly assigned to the clubs. This will even up the squads a little ahead of the season start. I will also select one player from each of the top 20 clubs in Europe – or more if we extend out of the Premier League – and we will have an auction for them. This will be your chance to bring Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo to your club and they could go anywhere!

We will then have a transfer window. Feel free to get involved as much or as little as you want. On T2B, it was very successful and allowed a lot of people to sort out their squads ahead of the season. As I say, you can get involved as much or as little as you need to!

We will also have a manager auction. This will allow you some say in which manager you’re going to use.

More information and sign-up stages will come but for now, if you’re interested, I need you to create me a chairman. To make things a little easier for me to track, your chairman’s name will be decided by me and will relate to your user name! So please fill out the sign up form and we can get started soon. All former T2B or FMX-Factor users are guaranteed a place but ‘newbies’ are also welcome.

I’ve not got a name for the sign-up yet so please also make a suggestion. The best one will get a little reward/bonus to start the season so make them good!

User Name:

Suggestion for name of the sign-up:

Please rank these in order of importance for your chairman. Your first choice will be randomly given a rating of 16-20; second choice 11-15, third choice 6-10 and the last choice 1-5.

Business

Interference

Patience

Resources

You also have 100 points to assign to these attributes (please keep them in this order for me):

Minimum of 1, maximum of 20 remember!

Adaptability

Ambition

Controversy

Loyalty

Pressure

Professionalism

Sportsmanship

Temperament

Thank you!

GCB/Andy :)

Sign-Up List:

• jack.browne
  • Nottingham Forest
  • SnakeXe
  • Charlesbeams
  • fergysafc
  • SJ234
  • Toon Balmy
  • 5ergio
  • Kenco
  • joetheref
  • cookie15
  • PluckaDuck
  • BenArsenal
  • Whoopy D
  • Almondo
  • William Hall
  • Dumax
  • noikeee
  • bergtaur
  • Paulo 1985

Name Suggestions:

• GCB's Sign-Up Masterpiece (The others were just practice!) - jack.browne
  • GCB's Milkshake Brings All The Boys To The Yard - SnakeXe
  • The Battle of the Real Prima Donnas - SJ234
  • GCB's Back2Basics in the Premier League - Viva la revolucion! - 5ergio
  • GCB's New Sign-Up Thing for FM11 - Kenco
  • GCB's Premier Sign-Up - joetheref
  • GCB's Sign Up - Are you man enough? - cookie15

User Name: jack.browne

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: GCB's Sign-Up Masterpiece (The others were just practice)

Please rank these in order of importance for your chairman. Your first choice will be randomly given a rating of 16-20; second choice 11-15, third choice 6-10 and the last choice 1-5.

1. Resources

2. Business

3. Patience

4. Interference

You also have 100 points to assign to these attributes (please keep them in this order for me):

Adaptability (20)

Ambition (20)

Controversy (5)

Loyalty (10)

Pressure (15)

Professionalism (10)

Sportsmanship (10)

Temperament (10)

A shame to see T2B finish, but looking forward to this new one already :thup:

User Name: Nottingham Forest

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: Haven't got one sorry

Business: 16-20

Interference: 1-5

Patience: 6-10

Resources: 11-15

Adaptability: 14

Ambition: 16

Controversy: 1

Loyalty: 18

Pressure: 13

Professionalism: 15

Sportsmanship: 11

Temperament: 12

User Name: SnakeXe

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: GCB's Milkshake Brings All The Boys To The Yard :cool:

Business 3

Interference 4

Patience 2

Resources 1

Adaptability 10

Ambition 15

Controversy 5

Loyalty 20

Pressure 20

Professionalism 10

Sportsmanship 10

Temperament 10

User Name: Charlesbeams

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: Can't think of anything right now, will edit if i do

Business 3

Interference 4

Patience 2

Resources 1

Adaptability 7

Ambition 10

Controversy 8

Loyalty 15

Pressure 10

Professionalism 20

Sportsmanship 15

Temperament 15

User Name: Fergysafc

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: cant think of 1 :p

Business : 2

Interference : 3

Patience : 4

Resources : 1

Adaptability : 6

Ambition : 17

Controversy : 4

Loyalty : 12

Pressure : 12

Professionalism : 16

Sportsmanship : 17

Temperament : 16

User Name: SJ234

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: The Battle of the Real Prima Donnas

Business 2

Interference 4

Patience3

Resources 1

Adaptability 15

Ambition 18

Controversy 1

Loyalty 13

Pressure 14

Professionalism 13

Sportsmanship 11

Temperament 16

User Name: Toon Balmy

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: Ronnies wink or W.Bridges Missus (dont have one)

Business 3

Interference 1

Patience 4

Resources 2

Adaptability

Ambition 20

Controversy 20

Loyalty 10

Pressure 20

Professionalism 5

Sportsmanship 5

Temperament 20

Glad to be back in a GCB sign up :) I'd love to say it was a shame T2B ended but the Gnomes were doing rubbish!

User Name: 5ergio

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: GCB's Back 2 Basics in Premier League: Viva la Revolución!

Business --2--

Interference --3--

Patience --4--

Resources --1--

Adaptability --8--

Ambition --16--

Controversy --12--

Loyalty --16--

Pressure --14--

Professionalism --16--

Sportsmanship --16--

Temperament --12--

User Name: Kenco

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: GCB's New Sign-Up Thing for FM11

Business 6-10

Interference 11-15

Patience 1-5

Resources 16-20

Adaptability 15

Ambition 20

Controversy 20

Loyalty 15

Pressure 20

Professionalism 3

Sportsmanship 2

Temperament 5

User Name: joetheref

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: GCB's Premier Sign-Up

Business 2

Interference 3

Patience 4

Resources 1

Adaptability 6

Ambition 17

Controversy 12

Loyalty 13

Pressure 12

Professionalism 14

Sportsmanship 16

Temperament 10

Was sad to see T2B go but am sure this will be great :D

User Name: cookie15

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: GCB's sign-up - are you man enough?

1. Resources

2. Business

3. Patience

4. Interference

Adaptability (20)

Ambition (20)

Controversy (3)

Loyalty (12)

Pressure (15)

Professionalism (15)

Sportsmanship (10)

Temperament (5)

User Name: PluckaDuck

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: FM11: Back to basics with Mr Chip-Butty.

1. Resources

2. Business

3. Patience

4. Interference

Adaptability (12)

Ambition (3)

Controversy (1)

Loyalty (16)

Pressure (15)

Professionalism (20)

Sportsmanship (15)

Temperament (18)

I'll give this a go. Not sure I can guarantee 100% commitment though, so feel free to kick me out if I can't.

User Name: BenArsenal

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: GCB's Sign-Up Sign-Up Sign-Up!

1. Resource

2. Business

3. Interference

4. Patience

Adaptability - 20

Ambition - 20

Controversy - 1

Loyalty - 15

Pressure - 5

Professionalism - 15

Sportsmanship - 15

Temperament- 9

Hope all is correct. :thup:

User Name: Whoopy D

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: Got nothing at the minute, might come up with something later.

1. Business

2. Resources

3. Patience

4. Interference

Adaptability - 10

Ambition - 20

Controversy - 5

Loyalty - 15

Pressure - 12

Professionalism - 12

Sportsmanship -16

Temperament - 10

User Name: Almondo

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: Man Up or go Home

1. Business

2. Resources

3. Patience

4. Interference

Adaptability 10

Ambition 15

Controversy 8

Loyalty 17

Pressure 10

Professionalism 15

Sportsmanship 12

Temperament 13

User Name: William Hall

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: The Annual Big Sign Up Thing

3.Business

2.Interference

4.Patience

1.Resources

Adaptability:20

Ambition:20

Controversy:1

Loyalty:1

Pressure:15

Professionalism:1

Sportsmanship:1

Temperament :1

User Name: Vilhjalmur Baldursson

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: GCB's FM Sign-Up (now crash free!)

1 = Resources

2 = Business

3 = Patience

4 = Interference

Adaptability = 12

Ambition = 16

Controversy = 1

Loyalty = 18

Pressure = 16

Professionalism = 13

Sportsmanship = 12

Temperament = 12

Guys

I would be happy to sign up but i have been holding back from doing so as i am expecting a baby any day now and not sure about the amount i will be able to contribute for the first couple of weeks/months.

If that is not going to be a problem i will fill out the sign up.

So its up to you guys

User Name: noikeee

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: GCB's Unnamed Chairman Sign-Up Thing

1. Resources

2. Business

3. Patience

4. Interference

Adaptability 10

Ambition 20

Controversy 1

Loyalty 20

Pressure 17

Professionalism 12

Sportsmanship 10

Temperament 10

I guess I'm back to this forum and what better way than a GCB sign-up

User Name: bergtaur

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: GCB's Sign-Up of Doom, Enjoyment, and Honor!

Business: 1

Patience: 2

Interference: 3

Resources: 4

Adaptability

Ambition: 20

Controversy: 3

Loyalty: 20

Pressure: 15

Professionalism: 18

Sportsmanship: 7

Temperament: 9

Nice one bergtaur! One more needed. Might be able to get next stage sorted this evening if I get the last person into the sign-up before 8pm. \o/

I've got some stuff to do but if someone does sign up, that doesn't mean that sign-up is closed. If someone signs up after this, feel free to still sign up anyway. More the merrier.

User Name: Paulo1985

Suggestion for name of the sign-up: Not sure

Business 1

Interference 4

Patience 3

Resources 2

Adaptability 10

Ambition 20

Controversy 5

Loyalty 15

Pressure 10

Professionalism 15

Sportsmanship 10

Temperament 15

Each user that has signed up now will be randomly assigned a club.

You will be given five sets of players. You must choose one from each list to transfer from your club. Have a look at your squad on FM11 and decide which player you can let go of. Each club will therefore transfer five players each which means that there will be 100 players that will then be randomly assigned to the 20 Premier League clubs.

Each clubs details will be left as they are apart from the following:

The players will be altered as per the transfers;

Backroom staff will remain the same except for the manager – all teams will need to bid for a manager;

Finances:

- Each club’s debts will be cleared;

- Each club will have a balance of £75m;

- The balance will be reduced depending on your bids for the manager;

- Transfer and Wage budgets will be unset;

- Your chairman that you created will be added to the club.

MANAGERS:

You will need to bid between £1m and £75m for the manager of your choice and it must be in whole millions, i.e. not 1.5m etc ... Please submit five manager bids with your first choice first and so on.

Here is the list of managers:

Arsene Wenger, Gerard Houllier, Alex McLeish, Sam Allardyce, Ian Holloway, Owen Coyle, Carlo Ancelotti, David Moyes, Mark Hughes, Roy Hodgson, Roberto Mancini, Sir Alex Ferguson, Chris Hughton, Tony Pulis, Steve Bruce, Harry Redknapp, Roberto Di Matteo, Avram Grant, Roberto Martinez, Mick McCarthy, Jose Mourinho, Rafa Benitez, Louis Van Gaal, Guus Hiddink, Pep Guardiola, Paul Jewell, John Barnes, Kevin Blackwell, Phil Brown, Alan Pardew, Alan Shearer, Gareth Southgate, Dennis Wise, Joe Royle, Alan Curbishley, Terry Venables.

WHEN YOU GET YOUR CLUB & PLAYER LISTS ...

Please complete the following form and PM it to me by Saturday please.

User:

Team:

Manager Bids:

Name and bid in £m

Players to Transfer

A:

B:

C:

D:

E:

Thanks folks.

GCB

Team: Wigan Athletic

User: jack.browne

Use the form in Post 43 to choose players to transfer and to make your manager bids.

Choose one player from each set to transfer away from your club:

Set A: Boselli, Rodallega, N’Zogbia

Set B: Figueroa, McCarthy, Thomas

Set C: Alcarez, Watson, Gohouri

Set D: Moses, Kirkland, Diame

Set E: Boyce, di Santo, Stam

Team: Newcastle United

User: NottinghamForest

Use the form in Post 43 to choose players to transfer and to make your manager bids.

Set A: Carroll, Jonas, Jose Enrique

Set B: Nolan, Ameobi, Xisco

Set C: Barton, Best, Tiote

Set D: Coloccini, Guthrie, R.Taylor

Set E: Gosling, Smith, Simpson

Team: Chelsea

User: SnakeXe

Set A: Essien, Lampard, Terry

Set B: Ramires, Cole, Drogba

Set C: Cech, Malouda, Mikel

Set D: Alex, Anelka, Benayoun

Set E: Kalou, Zhirkov, Ivanovic

Team: Blackburn Rovers

User: Charlesbeams

Set A: Samba, Pedersen, Kalinic

Set B: Givet, Dunn, Jones

Set C: E.Diouf, Olsson, Robinson

Set D: Emerton, Grella, Goulon

Set E: Andrews, Linganzi, Nelsen

Team: Manchester City

User: fergysafc

Set A: Y.Toure, Milner, Silva

Set B: Balotelli, Kolarov, Tevez

Set C: Boateng, A.Johnson, Adebayor

Set D: Wright-Phillips, de Jong, Zabaleta

Set E: Kompany, Lescott, Barry

Team: Tottenham Hotspur

User: SJ234

Set A: Van Der Vaart, Modric, Defoe

Set B: Bale, Kaboul, King

Set C: Crouch, Lennon, Kranjcar

Set D: Pavlyuchenko, Palacios, Huddlestone

Set E: Corluka, Gomes, Bassong

Team: Liverpool

User: Toon Balmy

Set A: Torres, Gerrard, Reina

Set B: Meireles, Agger, Cole

Set C: Babel, Johnson, Lucas

Set D: Jovanovic, Kuyt, Skrtel

Set E: Maxi Rodriguez, N’Gog, Poulsen

Archived