bloody frustrating FM 2011, hard to sell players and loan players out etc....

I have been playing FM for many years. FM 2001 is the most frustrating experience. It is hard to sell players and loan players out and the young players don't want to be loaned out. And this is not only the problem for the first season. No clubs are interested in buying John O'Shea, Wes Brown, Javier Hernandez, Owen, Gibson, Welbeck and Diouf etc. And no clubs are willing to loan Hernandez, Welbeck, Diouf even for no fee and no salary needed. How is that even possible in reality? The outcome is that now my club have too many young players who do not have chance to play and therefore won't develop into good player and have too many old players who are just waiting for their contract to expire and that I am lacking of money to buy players I want.

In FM 2010 dozen of clubs were willing to offer money to loan this kind of players. If Sega doesn't fix this problem as soon as possible, I won't play this bloody game anymore and would play the football manager from other manufracture. This is the most frustrating part. But there are other too. In general, many new implements in FM 2011 are user unfriendly.

mate could agree more.... i have played this game since 95 and this time around i cant even get rid of my best players in my team. One of my players was worth 3 million.. i offered it to the clubs ineterested for 1 million and even 500k they all said no.. its doing my head in

Do you have many leagues loaded and how many seasons are you in?

I have started with a 3rd division team in belgium, am 14 seasons in, and have managed to sell pretty much every player that went obsolete, all the other were signed for free, but that's because I thought they were to bad to be listed.

I often receive bids for the players I dont want to sell either, so from my point of view, the transfer system looks ok. I only buy young players recommended by my scouts though, so I figure if they are recommended by my scouts, the AI regards them as worthwhile purchases, as they probably use the same scouting system.

Perhaps having more leagues loaded will increase the amount of transfers (guess), and being a couple seasons in, clubs will have more money, and transfers will also become more frequent.

having axactly the same problem. start of second season, tried offering carrick and gibson for sale and loan. nothing :(

i tried offering them for every possible value starting at just over there value as both had good seasons, all the way down to offering them for free. nothing:(

in the end i had no choice but to take over another club and get them to buy both the player, but hey guess what, gibson was willing to go to athletico madrid, but i couldn't even get carrick to go to inter/real madrid/barca/AC milan. and yet i have done everything possible to upset carrick and he is even "expecting to leave the club in the near future" :S what the hell is that all about???

this is 2 massive bugs i have come accross (no including the random crashes that i still cant fix) aswell as LOADS of annoying little bugs, and still no word from SI :(

and before anyone asks, i have every league loaded in europe and south america tranfers are going on all over the place. and get this, man city have so far paid about £40 mil and broght 2 semi decent young players and lots of crap players ranging from 23 yrs old to 31 yrs old, work that out :S FC buyern (how ever you spell it. lol) got to the champ league final and lost there league by goal dif and yet every single 1 of there great players (young and old) want to leave or have been offered out, there finances or secure tho :S

things like this are happening all over my game, some teams are getting it completely right (other than not buying carrick from me. lol) yet others are making the biggest mistakes i have ever seen an FM game make :S

anyway, hope this gets sorted soon, had a few small problems selling players in past versions, but never this bad.

Playing Man. Utd, I have never been able to sell Scholes, Giggs & Neville all these years of FM. Now, Owen. No disrespect to these players, but I love to field young players and groom them. It is pretty unthinkable that other teams are never really interested in my players (whichever team I am taking). And when they offer, they offer peanuts and are never open to negotiation. For me, it is always the downside of the game.

Playing Man. Utd, I have never been able to sell Scholes, Giggs & Neville all these years of FM.

They're old, love United and would have high wage demands, so ofc there's no interest. Agree with the OP though, i'm finding it hard to get rid of average players like Gibson, Obertan, O'Shea etc

Exactly! It's hard to sell players and hard to get them on loan!

ANd almost all of my loan offers come from french clubs! I rarely get offers from clubs in other countries, I'm managing in Italy btw, and I get SOME offers from italian clubs.

What's also frustrating is when you offer a player on loan, you can select what kind of offering will you make, can be recalled, can play in cup matches, wage bla bla bla - great! ... BUT then u get an offer and there's a buy price, then if I dont want that have to negotiate and again wait for them to get back, and bla bla it takes you much more clicks. And then these noobish teams make loan offers but they want him as a cover for the first team, couldn't there be a way when u make a loan proposition to all clubs that u put some conditions right there - only valuable member for first team and no buy price at the end of loan.

Hope u can remove some bugs and introduce these changes.

ANd almost all of my loan offers come from french clubs!

thats a good point, just checked and the only 3 times i have got a goodish player to go out on loan, all 3 of them went to olimpic marlsay (OM) (how ever you spell that dam french team. lol)

1 first season and 2 this season. bit weird that dont ya think?

I half agree.

Selling players is a nightmare, I tried to give Crouch away and nobodt wanted him.

I had to push Woodgate and Keane out on mutual termination as nobody wanted them, they soon signed for new clubs.

I find loaning players out easier due to feeder clubs, thats where I send them all.

People complained that FM10 was to unrealistic. When we finally get a realistic transfer marked people still complain...

In real life if Harry put Crouch on the transfer list, someone would buy him, he may not want to leave but there would be interest.

This isn't a massive problem as the rest of the game is fantastic.

nothing wrong with the game in my eyes, i bring in players easily on loan to buy options. my players go out without problems with loan to buy for players i want rid of. all depends on the market and whose interested.

I am only my hometown club of Bristol City but manage to offload my players i want gone.

nothing wrong with the game in my eyes, i bring in players easily on loan to buy options. my players go out without problems with loan to buy for players i want rid of. all depends on the market and whose interested.

I am only my hometown club of Bristol City but manage to offload my players i want gone.

think if you read all the posts like this 1 you will notice a trend, there is far less problems with lower league managment and transfers. but there is no hope in hell of getting a realistic transfer (sale) when managing in the top leagues.

At least with transfers, it could be a player's large contract getting in the way.

not always, carrick and gibson where the 2 players i could not get rid of (had to cheat in the end, no real problem, will start a proper save if the next patch works) and carricks not on that high a wage, and gibson is defo on a VERY low wage for how good he is/will be.

There was a thread somewhere that stated that for at least the first season you might struggle to sell (or buy) players due to the recession in football which I think is pretty realistic, albeit over the top.

No clubs have money, so its pretty realistic i would say.

There was a thread somewhere that stated that for at least the first season you might struggle to sell (or buy) players due to the recession in football which I think is pretty realistic, albeit over the top.

No clubs have money, so its pretty realistic i would say.

im not in the first season, im in the second at the mo, and before you try "well it does take a while for the game to get the money into it", i had to cheat and take over real madrid and eventually got carrick to go there, took a lot of work tho, but when i took over at real i left the past experiance as auto and the board gave me £126 million to spend. so there is obviously money to be spent in places.

but none of that matters anyway in this instance at least, carricks wages are average for a prem player and i was offering him for free. so money is not the problem.

i seriously agree! it happens in subsequent seasons. my 2nd season i wanted to sell Oshea, Neville, Diouf, etc.. no team wanted them. even no team wants Carrick. so i have no option than to release neville and dat reduced my popularity with fans cos he's a club icon. what i decided to do now is get the older players neww contracts in the form of player/coach, etc so as 2 keep em in the reserves till they rot and retire. hehehehe. bt am sure they'll fix it soon. we have made a lot noise so SI needs to rectify it!

kuszczak, finally got someone to buy him, value £3.2 mil, sold for - £200,000. thats just stupid :( add that to carrick not able to be sold for free (£0) and the same for gibson, o'shea, brown, berbatov, smalling, owen all for £0 but at least park went for £2.5m tho. lets also not forget that i couldn't get more than £100,000 for any of utd's young players. have now tried to sell every single united reserve and youth players, results of that experement - got offered money for only 3 of them, all the rest come back, no one is interested. you have to be kidding me right? utd have one of the best youth systems in the world, how can it be that no one wants them???

simple answer, its just bugged.

going to go try selling players with as many clubs as i can to see what happens. this is a major game killer if its the same throughout the top leagues

kuszczak, finally got someone to buy him, value £3.2 mil, sold for - £200,000. thats just stupid :( add that to carrick not able to be sold for free (£0) and the same for gibson, o'shea, brown, berbatov, smalling, owen all for £0 but at least park went for £2.5m tho.

You are luck to be able to sell kuszczak. No one is interested to buy him in my game. I manage to get rid of Carrick, but only to Chelsea. Of course, the fans aren't happy to see him going to the rival. But no one else is interested. And nobody at all want to buy Vidic at the second season. He is one of the best defenders in the world. But there are clubs willing to buy a crap defenders from other club for 15 millions. Can you imagine that? I doubt it is more realistic than FM 2010. Beside, Barcelona offers to buy Berbatov for 10 millions. But he just won't leave. Barce bids 3 times and he rejects 3 times. That is just stupid and ridiculous.

note the lack of responce from SI, even when things are posted in the bug forum. i have only noticed about 25% of bugs getting acknowledged. i have posted 2 myself and agreed to having similar problems as lots of others and not a single 1 of those reported bugs have been commented on :(

what is the point in having this forum if they dont at least acknowledge our problems. no wonder everyone ends up just ranting and raving in the GD section.

note the lack of responce from SI, even when things are posted in the bug forum. i have only noticed about 25% of bugs getting acknowledged. i have posted 2 myself and agreed to having similar problems as lots of others and not a single 1 of those reported bugs have been commented on :(

what is the point in having this forum if they dont at least acknowledge our problems. no wonder everyone ends up just ranting and raving in the GD section.

Do you expect them to respond to every thread mentioning this issue? A quick search would reveal one of many numerous tiresome threads about this. SI have acknowledged it and are working on it.

Do you expect them to respond to every thread mentioning this issue? A quick search would reveal one of many numerous tiresome threads about this. SI have acknowledged it and are working on it.

i have reported 2 differant possible bugs in the bug forum after doing a serch and not finding any previous posts on the same things, and NO REPLY. i know they dont reply when its been mentioned a hundred times, but when you find new 1's and they still dont reply then thats differant!!!

You know what? Vidic wants to be transfer-listed and he is worth 11.5m. Even I offer to club for 5m and 10m, no one has actually bid for him. If he didn't get unhappy so easily and wants to leave the club, I would be reluctant to sell him but the two major problems in FM11, which are players get unhappy easily and players are hard to be sold, happen at the same time. Lol. What should I do? Can I just leave Vidic alone by rejecting his transfer request and hope to see his mind changing at the end of the season?

It's impossible to loan young players. I have tried to loan players like Macheda and Fabio da Silva but the only teams who want them are teams like Atletico Madrid, OM, Sporting CP, and Pana.

Ridiculous. They will never get any playing time at those clubs.

It was like this in FM09 and FM10 too. It's still not fixed? :thdn:

I agree....I am having huge trouble getting rid of players and it is frustrating! Especially when your looking to chop the wage bill and you can't afford to release the player.

I have always been of the opinion on these forums that generally speaking if a thread this size hasn't had any comment from SI there tends to be something in the point being made!

the good young players won't leave for the same reason you can't tutor them - their rep is too high.

2 examples that sum this up for me:

1) Not being able to loan out Darron Gibson - a host of Premier League clubs would be interested in him, he would be interested in 1st team football. The worst thing is you can imagine this so easily in real life.

2) Not being able to sell Jenas, Crouch, Bentley, even for £4m. There would be massive interest in these kinds of players and by listing a player you are telling him you don't want him. I see "determined to prove his worth to the team" way too much.

Vidic wants to be transfer-listed and he is worth 11.5m. Even I offer to club for 5m and 10m, no one has actually bid for him.

Oh yeah, that's another problem - players want get unhappy easily and want to be sold.

4 seasons in, I just signed Khedira for 4m euro, and was offered Cristiano Ronaldo (wants to be sold) for 30m.

Yeah, I'm having similar struggles. Can't shift players like Carrick or O'Shea. In real life 10/12 Premiership teams would be interested in either of them for the measly price I was offering!

One thought I had, probably for FM12, would be to instruct a player's agent to find a new club for him. Don't know how different it would be to the 'Offer to Clubs' feature, but I rarely get offered players by clubs, but get offered players by agents on a daily basis during the transfer window.

• Administrators

We don't always have time to reply to every single bug logged. This does not mean it hasn't been logged internally - we're aware of a number of issues and we're looking into them. Cheers.

Its much easier to sell players from the second season onwards.

In the first season all teams have been given a lower transfer budget than you would have got in FM2010 as they have taken into account what the team had spent in real life, so for example, Sunderland had around £20m to spend in real life, and spent all of it, so in the game they are given no money to spend as they have already spent it.

As a result of this, there is less money floating around in the first season so it is harder to offload players.

Wait till the second season and you will see that it is easier to get rid of your players.

Its much easier to sell players from the second season onwards.

In the first season all teams have been given a lower transfer budget than you would have got in FM2010 as they have taken into account what the team had spent in real life, so for example, Sunderland had around £20m to spend in real life, and spent all of it, so in the game they are given no money to spend as they have already spent it.

As a result of this, there is less money floating around in the first season so it is harder to offload players.

Wait till the second season and you will see that it is easier to get rid of your players.

I have reached the end of my 1st season, but selling players is as equally impossible as the start of the game. No offers for Carrick, Kuszczak, O'Shea, Brown, Gibson, Berbatov & some youth players. Surely some lower division clubs would come in for some youth players, but sadly, none.

Just got into the second year of the save and have a player they lots of clubs want but no one is making offers on... my team needs the money seriously. So is it pointless to play the save until 11.2 comes out or have people gotten more success with selling players after the 1st season?

It gets no easier in the second year. I tried to flog Defoe, Crouch, Pav, Keane, Bentley, Jenas all the deadwood at spurs first season got rid of keane for 1m to villa just to get his 70k a week off my books but that was it. second season i manages to sell Pav but the rest are still rotting despite only having 1m price tags

I'm into my fith season and nothing has changed. It is still near impossible to sell and loan players out.

The big problem for me is the number of amazing quality players that are transfer listed for relatively low fees and yet no one buys them. Tevez scored 35 goals in a season, he was transfer listed and hawked out for 10m (I was offered him at Spurs) and no one was even interested. I picked up Hamsik and Cavani for a combined 15m because of the same thing.

Also, so many players run their contract down it is literally unreal. Every Jan and July is like a turkey shoot now as you pick up world class players for free.

Now, on the one hand this is great as I have lots of transfer options. But in terms of realism it really takes you out of the game when you bid 15m for Rodwell, it's rejected, then a few days later he's transfer listed and offered to you for 5m.

I think even if the player is unhappy, the clubs should still be trying to get as much for them as possible.

Or is this tied to the over-zealous morale? Do AI clubs see an unhappy player and want rid of him asap?

As it is, it is a bit of a mess. I just cannot believe this wasn't picked up in testing. Was the game even tested? I find it amazing that it could get this bad. Come on SI, sort it out.

You won't be surprised to hear that I have exactly the same problems.

I offer out players that would strengthen a lot of teams for cheap prices and nobody wants to buy them. It cannot be because of high wages. High wages would only get in the way during contract negotiations, not in the process of agreeing a fee. And I'm in the third season so there should be a handful of clubs with a healthy budget.

Its even more annoying with sending youth players out on loan. You offer them out for no fee and the parent club will pay 100% of the wages, yet I keep getting the message "an offer at this time wasn't viable". How is it not viable? I'm offering out a quality young player who wants to go on loan for no fee and no wages.

I don't see how someone with exactly the same game could have such different results though. If they too are experienceing the same as me (too many quality, quality players transfer listed yet not moving clubs, not being able to sell or loan players) then there is no way they can say that is right. Absolutely no way.

I don't see how someone with exactly the same game could have such different results though. If they too are experienceing the same as me (too many quality, quality players transfer listed yet not moving clubs, not being able to sell or loan players) then there is no way they can say that is right. Absolutely no way.

i would imagine because there are an almost unlimited amount of variables to this game, from leagues running, teams managed, players signed or attempted to sign, any one of these things (and thats a very tiny list) could affect how the game runs and how different players careers pan out.

We don't always have time to reply to every single bug logged. This does not mean it hasn't been logged internally - we're aware of a number of issues and we're looking into them. Cheers.

thanks neil, sos, was just my first time actually reporting bugs and it seamed like there was less acknowledgements from you guys this year than what i had seen last year. lol

Another problem - players on loan + option to buy will not sign permanent contract after the club exercises the option to buy. They always refuse it ...

I got excited a couple of times when the club did make a bid at the end of the loan, only to fail because they had no money!

I am playing in lower leagues and can't sell anyone even on free's so had to release them then they found clubs straight away. Very annoying.

Yep same here and also a waste of money and time keeping them for ages.

• 5 months later...

Well im playing in SLB and im in 6 season.

Is fun to see that Fabio Coentrão have 3<>6 teams interessed to buy it and no one ofter for it lol , is nice because i dont whant to sell it but normaly the rich teams ofter a huge load of money for this players so yes 11.3 are mess up and the transfer market are doomed , this need a fast fix Sigames :)

Archived