Noone would ever do this. EVER.

Hi,

i've just conceded (an irrelevant goal as it turned out, but still) because of this:

20101117-ef91e9up29s2sbqi257jjcq9n1.png

As you can see, number 20, being the immensely stupid little green got that he unfortunately is, has decided to play every single opposition player onside for their freekick. How generous of him! But seriously, this could be a pretty annoying bug, or if it is a tactic somehow (I accpet something may have changed in fm11), could someone please tell me where I can flick the "play them all onside" switch to off.

Thanks

No, not as far as I can tell. Even so, it's not really an excuse and that would surely be a bug

if he is injured in no way is it a bug. Its happened irl, but if he's not injured then i'm not really sure whats going on and it probably needs looking at. Have you posted it in the bugs forum?

It would be a bug, because my other players would see him standing (or rolling on the floor as he would probably be doing) and stop playing the offside trap. I remember it happening once IRL, but IIRC, the injured player was actually off the field, so the situation was a bit more confusing and not so straight forward.

Yeh, maybe I should post it to the bugs forum.

I've never seen anything like this and it's really kind of hard to tell what's going on from a small section of pitch and dots. It looks a funny set up for a free kick. There is no semblance of a wall amongst your players so I'm thinking it was a free kick from the left or right of the box and swung in. Number 20 was possibly guarding the post when his team mates moved out to try and bring in to effect the offside trap. If that was the case then it could be your defending free kick player placements that need work. Do you have just one man guarding the goal and the rest marking players in the box?

Yes, I know I am guessing but like I said it's hard to tell what's going on without the whole picture. Could you provide a larger section of pitch or a replay? I'm almost inclined to think you're hiding something important.

In any case one player playing 8 members of the opposition onside on one occaison isn't a bug but a player mistake. It happens...mistakes that is.

It would be a bug, because my other players would see him standing (or rolling on the floor as he would probably be doing) and stop playing the offside trap. I remember it happening once IRL, but IIRC, the injured player was actually off the field, so the situation was a bit more confusing and not so straight forward.

Yeh, maybe I should post it to the bugs forum.

no its not a bug if he's injured because the ref may not stop play. As i have already said it happened irl between Fiorentina and Lyon and Lyon managed to score because of it. You can't assume your players would stop playing the offside trap because they see him on the floor and to label it a bug because of that is ridiculous.

Just because things have happend IRL doesn't mean there transfered onto FM.... they said they wanted realism and realisticness but c'mon there are limits....

Report it as a bug fella and see what SI say since there the ones that coded the game not the clever clogs in this thread :).

Just because things have happend IRL doesn't mean there transfered onto FM.... we wouldn't be seeing bugs and other issues if that was the case

Report it as a bug fella and see what SI say since there the ones that coded the game not the clever clogs in this thread :).

yes but if its an injury how can it be a bug? the ref plays on, which is completely up to him because it does happen. Still don't know whether it definently was an injury or not but he did say it was a free kick which makes it seem like either a bug or a bad mistake by the ref.

Just because things have happend IRL doesn't mean there transfered onto FM.... they said they wanted realism and realisticness but c'mon there are limits....

To report it as a bug he needs concrete information and more than a cropped screenshot from the game. To be considered a bug I should have thought it needs to have happened on more occaisons than just this one time we know of too. You might consider it an anomaly, but not a bug.

Let SI have a look at it by all means, but give them more than we have seen. Like charlo is very correct in pointing out, there are too many things that happen and everyone jumps on it as a bug without thought.

was he injured by any chance? i remember a fiorentina player going down injured in the box about 2 years ago in the CL against Lyon and he played Benzema onside who scored.

according to this

http://www.goalvideoz.com/watch/3220-Lyon-vs-Fiorentina-Goals-and-Highlights-2008-09-17/

it was Benzema who had the assist, Piquionne scored

Archived