Another Save Ruined

Spent time getting my squad ready for the new season, everyone's morale is very good or better, then just before my first league game, i am asked to choose my Captain and Vice Captain for the season, noticing that the two already chosen have a 3 month and a 2 month injury respectively, i do what i think is the only sensible thing to do and pick two fit 1st teamers.

The next day and 3 quarters of my squad are up in arms because they feel i was "too quick" to appoint a new team captain???

So we lose our first game 3-0, morale drops even further and we are 4-0 at ht in the 2nd game, save over, because i decided to choose an uninjured player as Captain???

Much more care needs to be taken when implementing features that have such a direct hit on team form.

The Captain and Vice-Captain shouldn't be changed just because of a couple of injuries at the start of the game. You can select somebody to captain the team in their absence, but those guys are considered leaders amongst the squad both on and off of the field. Your Assistant Manager should have also warned you that changing them could cause trouble.

The Captain and Vice-Captain shouldn't be changed just because of a couple of injuries at the start of the game. You can select somebody to captain the team in their absence, but those guys are considered leaders amongst the squad both on and off of the field. Your Assistant Manager should have also warned you that changing them could cause trouble.

It was his idea, it came up in his backroom advice.

Wait a second. You made a decision, you're dealing with the consequences of that decision, and you think your save is ruined just because the result of the first two games hasn't gone your way?

Fair dinkum. Is there a contest on to create the worst threads, or something?

Wait a second. You made a decision, you're dealing with the consequences of that decision, and you think your save is ruined just because the result of the first two games hasn't gone your way?

Fair dinkum. Is there a contest on to create the worst threads, or something?

Maybe thats whats going on! Must be a secret contest that only certain people know about.

Any adults in the Forum tonight?

If in real life i was the new Manager, i would simply say "look fella's, theres obviously going to be some changes, the first is that i want to appoint my own captain, largely due to the fact that the current club captain aint going to be playing for a few months, we will look at the situation again at christmas"

Players "fair enough boss" instead of "who do you think you are coming in here and changing things?"

Lets have some common sense please.

If in real life i was the new Manager, i would simply say "look fella's, theres obviously going to be some changes, the first is that i want to appoint my own captain, largely due to the fact that the current club captain aint going to be playing for a few months, we will look at the situation again at christmas"

Players "fair enough boss" instead of "who do you think you are coming in here and changing things?"

how many teams would basically strip the captaincy (which is what you did by removing the 2 captains) because of an injury? You didnt need to do anything, the player with the highest influence ratings etc would have been put in place for you. Or just add another captain in the tactic screen as a back up captain. Its pretty 'common sense' that stripping any teams captain and vice captain cause they got injured is going to effect the moral of the team.

I thought post 11 made total sense tbh. Picking another team captain via the tactics screen would have your players think "fair enough boss", but to strip the club captaincy from a player because he is out for a couple of months will have the players up in arms. Another example would be say Joe Bloggs is captain of the local pub football team but is away on holiday for a few weeks. I'm sure he would'nt be publicly stripped of the captaincy in the bar one night.

the option he is talking about is not to change your captain, it is to set your captain. It was a coincidence that his were injured at this time..

Huh? You advised not to change anything as the game picks the best for you, based on highest influence. It makes the "option" redundant if that's all there is to it.

Huh? You advised not to change anything as the game picks the best for you, based on highest influence. It makes the "option" redundant if that's all there is to it.

no, i advised to confirm the captains that are there currently, and then you can either go to the tactics screen and add some back up captains, or if neither of your captains are on the pitch it chooses the captain for you. Surely you have seen the pop up "You have not selected a captain for this match, XXX will be selected for you"

So what the OP is saying is, at the start of the season when it asked to select captains, both were injured so he stripped them and gave it to someone else instead, make sense?

Sorry mate, but bottom line you blew this one eh ?

Still, if your good, you will learn from such mistakes, we all do, or at least try to.

no club in real life is ever going to think about changing the clubs captain & vice captain at christmas either, don't be silly

no, i advised to confirm the captains that are there currently, and then you can either go to the tactics screen and add some back up captains, or if neither of your captains are on the pitch it chooses the captain for you. Surely you have seen the pop up "You have not selected a captain for this match, XXX will be selected for you"

So what the OP is saying is, at the start of the season when it asked to select captains, both were injured so he stripped them and gave it to someone else instead, make sense?

making sense would be going to the tactic screen and chosing backup captain and vice captain instead so even during the game that popup wouldnt show up as the backup captain has already been selected and is ideally fit to play, and when the real original captain comes back from injury then nothing needs to be changed either because he is still #1 captain

Archived