This game is so annoying for me

Every game I start I always do really well for first 10 or so games then it just goes to crap.

My latest game, started with Villa, unbeaten in first 8 games, only 1 conceded, beat Utd 4-0, players scoring for fun etc.

Then nothing works, I lose 3 in a row and what was working before is now rubbish.

Thing that annoys me is their is no feedback on what to do to stop it.

Obviously its the whole Al have worked out how I am playing and tried to counter it, which is fair enough, but anything I try to get around it does not work.

I was playing an attacking fluid 442 with direct passing, quick tempo out wide, so when things went wrong as usual I thought Id play a slower controlling game and try to open up the oposition who have obviously gone more defensive against me and are countering now (which again is fair enough), that didnt work so tried few other things, now not won in 6.

Its SO infuriating, always happens to me and annoys me so much.

Ditto, I really dont understand the logic in this game anymore, seems to just generate random results.

But so far these random results have seen to gone to my favor, gone up to L2, and only took 1 try to get up in each league, with FC United but now its getting harder. What I really dont understand is that I seem to struggle with the bad teams while i get great results against the "good" ones.

Sometimes you get bad patches. I had a bad start to the season, but got through it and am now top of the league.

How many times have you restarted the game because you had a bad run of form? Why not just try sticking with it and actually trying to figure out what you are doing wrong rather than assume "the game is rubbish, I'll start again".

Sometimes in life things don't always go your way, you have to learn to adapt.

What kind of feedback do you want? you watch the games don't you?

You could try going back to your original tactics and see if that helps. The AI doesn't suss you out as you seem to think - it sounds more like a slump, and you have changed to an unfamiliar system which has obviously made things worse.

One word: Tactics.

I used my first 20 games into the season to perfect my tactic, and build a team. Now I'm not changing the team composition and with a couple minor tweaks each game, I'm on a 7 match winning streak.

Don't give up early, the longer you stick with it, the better you will get at it.

Sometimes you get bad patches. I had a bad start to the season, but got through it and am now top of the league.

How many times have you restarted the game because you had a bad run of form? Why not just try sticking with it and actually trying to figure out what you are doing wrong rather than assume "the game is rubbish, I'll start again".

Sometimes in life things don't always go your way, you have to learn to adapt.

I DO try and work it out but as I said nothing I do works, thats what frustrates me.

Also, where did I say the game was rubbish? I ACCEPT its my fault I cannot work it out, just I can never counter the al's counter so it just ruins it for me when I start so well then it all just goes downhill whatever I try.

So you have this scenerio, what would you do?

As I said, I play 442, fluid attacking direct passing, quick tempo out wide, top of league after 8 games, 1 goal conceded, scoring for fun, beat Man Utd 4-0.

Then all of a sudden hardly any shots on target, hardly any goals, even against rubbish teams.

Since I was playing quickly and out wide I thought I'd try and slower more controlling game, didnt work.

Thought I'd try and be more balanced and less attacking, didnt work.

And so on and so on.

What kind of feedback do you want? you watch the games don't you?

You could try going back to your original tactics and see if that helps. The AI doesn't suss you out as you seem to think - it sounds more like a slump, and you have changed to an unfamiliar system which has obviously made things worse.

That was my original tactic, it was first ten or so games.

A slump? So owning the league, scoring for fun, morale brilliant then all of a sudden no-one can score, losing to bottom of the table club, it happens every game, tactic works well for ten or so games then nothing works.

Its not a 'slump', things in the game have just changed and whenever I try and change it to counter the al nothing works.

I dont change formation so I havent changed anything to an unfamiliar system.

The al does suss you out and how you play and counter it, which as I said is fair enough, but trying to counter that does my head in.

That was my original tactic, it was first ten or so games.

A slump? So owning the league, scoring for fun, morale brilliant then all of a sudden no-one can score, losing to bottom of the table club, it happens every game, tactic works well for ten or so games then nothing works.

Its not a 'slump', things in the game have just changed and whenever I try and change it to counter the al nothing works.

I dont change formation so I havent changed anything to an unfamiliar system.

The al does suss you out and how you play and counter it, which as I said is fair enough, but trying to counter that does my head in.

The AI doesn't suss you out at all. People have been saying this for years and years and it simply isn't true.

Do you seriously think that the game has some advanced adaptive AI which analyses and responds to your tactics?

SI have said themselves the al responds to how you play and tries to counter it and plays differently against you depending on how you are doing, i.e, punching above your weight etc.

Otherwise how would you explain a team going from top, beating everyone, morale sky high, having 12+ shots on target each game to hardly any shots on target (which continued to happen) all in the space of a few games?

If thats just a slump then I'm Don King.

The AI doesn't suss you out at all. People have been saying this for years and years and it simply isn't true.

Do you seriously think that the game has some advanced adaptive AI which analyses and responds to your tactics?

While the AI isn't out there to get you, if you are doing better than expected during the season the AI will be more cautious when playing against you.. people explained it on the tactics forum and i've experienced myself.

For instance if you just got promoted at the start of the season most teams will go all-out-attack on you which suits perfectly a counter-attack direct style, if you start winning a lot of matches then the AI will have a more cautious approach which won't fit your style so perfectly anymore(so you might have to change to a slower,more careful stlye) or else you'll just keep giving the ball away.

Aside from tactics there are numerous other factors.

You said you lost pathetically to bottom of the table, maybe you overreacted with the team talk and ruined the moral. Maybe you're being too demanding of your team, or not demanding enough when playing weak sides.

I'm pretty sure it's none of those. Morale is high until I hit the wall then my Finishing 16-18 strikers start blowing 100% of their one-on-ones and gently tapping easy goals 30 feet wide of the net. The same goes with my defenders randomly kicking balls out of play when they're not even under pressure. I have no shortage of created chances, it's that none of them produce a goal.

While the AI isn't out there to get you, if you are doing better than expected during the season the AI will be more cautious when playing against you.. people explained it on the tactics forum and i've experienced myself.

For instance if you just got promoted at the start of the season most teams will go all-out-attack on you which suits perfectly a counter-attack direct style, if you start winning a lot of matches then the AI will have a more cautious approach which won't fit your style so perfectly anymore(so you might have to change to a slower,more careful stlye) or else you'll just keep giving the ball away.

I did try that mate, because I was playing quick direct attacking style I decided to try out slower more balanced style but kept losing.

As for teamtalks and that, I think I am pretty good at that, I always look at the feedback to them and no players are ever angry or anything, when we played the bottom team who hadnt won all season I might add I put in 'expect a win' (we were at home), if we were away I would of put 'you can win', think thats ok?

Better feedback from the assistant manager would help I think.

Dont suppose you have link to it being explained do you? Or remember what was in the title etc so I can search.

Cheers

Teams probably see you more as a threat now seeing as you did so well in your first 10 games, so they look to shut up shop more & look to hit you on the counter seeing as you play with width, high tempo & direct. This probably wasn't expected early on now the AI's assistants are picking up on this & instructing the manager to counter act your tactics

I'm having trouble myself, how do you counter counter? They won't attack you unless you attack them, you attack & get countered you defend & get nowhere. Maybe try starting out quite defensive & take it from there? I don't know

I'm on a slump myslef, my last 5 league games have been 3 draws (2 against teams I probably should've have beat) 1 win (against Blackpool who are the whipping boys) & one loss (got hammered 4-1 at Anfield)

Maybe overconfidence from your players? I assume you check player motivation & your assistant's in game advice (***** was showing signs of over confidence before the game etc)

You say you've tried to change things, what did you change? How were your results then? How were the opposition getting their goals?

Archived