Problems, Problems, Problems...

For the 3rd year running now, I am having issues with Steam.

Installed the game last night and it was suprisingly problem-free, yet now I try and play on it today and I cant. After Steam tries to update with no success for an age, I'm being told that I cant connect to the Steam network, and I cant start in offline mode because my login info has not been saved to the computer?! I have been using (with difficulty) Steam for 3 years of FM now, so how my login details aren't saved I dont know. I really dont want to uninstall the game and reinstall it just through the disk, but I'm starting to think this is the only option. Any known fixes to this issue?

The full message that pops up is:

"Unable to connect to the Steam network. 'Offline mode' is unavailable because there is no Steam login information stored on this computer. You will not be able to use Steam until you can connect to the Steam network again."

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, couldnt find anything with the search function.

"Unable to connect to the Steam network. 'Offline mode' is unavailable because there is no Steam login information stored on this computer. You will not be able to use Steam until you can connect to the Steam network again."

There's half the answer. Did you try this on a new computer/install?

No, its the same laptop I've used for the past 3 FM's, this is the part I dont understand. I presume my login details were saved then because I was never asked for them. I'm sick of Steam to be honest, it just causes problem after problem.

30 quid for a game I cant play because of some stupid programme.

Had a look in the thread mentioned above, tried a couple of the suggestions, with no luck. Just gonna scrap Steam altogether.

Thanks for the help guys :)

SCRAP THAT

I cant uninstall now?! When I try and uninstall the game, Steam opens, and the same problems arise?!

What am I supposed to do :(

Archived