+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems, Problems, Problems...

Amateur

Default Problems, Problems, Problems...

For the 3rd year running now, I am having issues with Steam.

Installed the game last night and it was suprisingly problem-free, yet now I try and play on it today and I cant. After Steam tries to update with no success for an age, I'm being told that I cant connect to the Steam network, and I cant start in offline mode because my login info has not been saved to the computer?! I have been using (with difficulty) Steam for 3 years of FM now, so how my login details aren't saved I dont know. I really dont want to uninstall the game and reinstall it just through the disk, but I'm starting to think this is the only option. Any known fixes to this issue?

The full message that pops up is:

"Unable to connect to the Steam network. 'Offline mode' is unavailable because there is no Steam login information stored on this computer. You will not be able to use Steam until you can connect to the Steam network again."

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, couldnt find anything with the search function.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
    "Unable to connect to the Steam network. 'Offline mode' is unavailable because there is no Steam login information stored on this computer. You will not be able to use Steam until you can connect to the Steam network again."
    There's half the answer. Did you try this on a new computer/install?

Amateur

No, its the same laptop I've used for the past 3 FM's, this is the part I dont understand. I presume my login details were saved then because I was never asked for them. I'm sick of Steam to be honest, it just causes problem after problem.

30 quid for a game I cant play because of some stupid programme.

Semi Pro

Could be a connection error. Didi you try to reboot your computer and connecting to steam again?

Amateur

Make sure you haven't accidently selected 'Don't save account credentials on this computer' in the steam settings.

Amateur

Re-booted the computer, still no luck. I want to use Steam cause its obviously easier to keep the game updated, but if I cant play on the game at all...

Amateur

I cant get onto the Steam settings because I cant login. Unless I can change my settings some other way?

PW

Amateur

I really dont want to uninstall the game and reinstall it just through the disk
    ... because?

Amateur

I want to use Steam cause its obviously easier to keep the game updated...
    Like I said, this is why I dont really want to just load from the disk.

Amateur

Had a look in the thread mentioned above, tried a couple of the suggestions, with no luck. Just gonna scrap Steam altogether.

Thanks for the help guys

SCRAP THAT

I cant uninstall now?! When I try and uninstall the game, Steam opens, and the same problems arise?!

What am I supposed to do
    Last edited by Tommy Boy; 15-11-2010 at 12:29.

+ Reply to Thread