Spurs managers among you...

I just want to know how you're all getting on (or got on) in the first season...

I didn't make many changes to the first team in the first transfer window as we've obviously got a great squad. I bought in Coentrao, Ganso and Lukaku and sold Crouch and Pavlyuchenko. The rest of my signings were all young players on loan with an option to buy if they impress me.

I have finished top of my CL group, I won all 6 games and await Spartak in the knock out.

But domestically, I've been abymsal. It's just come to January and I think I'm 8th. Talk about CL hangovers!!

How has everyone else done?!

Spurs were my first attempt at management (see name :p)

VERY difficult team to manage and to keep all players happy. Had to sell Pav (who is actually pretty damn good in the game for me) to bring in a World Class striker (Lukaku.) The biggest headache was fitting Bale/Modric/VDV/Lennon/Krancjar/Defoe into the team properly.

Bale plays better as a LW and gets tonnes of assists. Modric is class anywhere across the middle, except for DM obviously. VDV Is the biggest problem. To play him properly he must either be a AMC with free role or trequatisa (sp?) leaving only one striker as an option and Defoe out of the team as he cannot play as a lone striker. Krancjar is a quality player, so to leave him out is a mistake. Properly left me with very little in the way of squad harmony and keeping players on form. Players got unhappy, I got annoyed. Game over.

Started the dafuge challenge and all is going well since.

Yea I really feel for Harry at the minute, as VDV is a massive headache! Or rather, working out who to play alongside him, and where, is! As he is clearly our talisman at the minute.

On my game, not so much. He blows hot and cold, but even when he doesn't play I still like to play the same system (4231). But I agree that Defoe doesn't work upfront on his own. Nor does Keane actually. I got Santa Cruz on loan to be that option, but he's been dross.

Morale is OK at the minute, I've only had the odd player coming to me with a hang up of their own rather than for not being played or whatever. Which is quite good. I change my side quite a lot, that might be my problem.

It's just frustrating that I caned my CL group (AC Milan, Bursapor, Anderlecht) but am just so gash in the league.

Bought Arturo Vidal to shore up the midfield - should have spent money on cd or ld really. Playing a 4-4-1-1 formation with VDV behind Keane. Keano is the only forward that can score for me! Bale and Lennon on the wings with Vidal/Huddlestone/Modric/Krancjar in the centre. got raphael off utd on loan who appears to be my best right back! BAE left back with Gallas and King/Bassong/Dawson at CB. gomes in goal of course but Stipe doing well in his absence. managed to lose to Chelsea in final of league cup, lose to arsenal in semi of fa cup, second round of champ league but only 13th in the league.......Yeah I know, ITS MY TACTICS!!

I'm 2nd season, brought in Cardozo, Agbonlahor and Shawcross. Seems to have done the trick, as Cardozo is a great target man, and so far both Gabby and Defoe are fighting for the poacher spot like there's no tomorrow. Shawcross was brought in to provide cover at the back, though as Gallas is old, King is always injured, and Dawson too, he's been a starter most games.

At the start of January 1st season. Disable the first transfer window, and edited in the Defoe/Dawson injuries, so they have only really just returned last last month.

So i have the same squad as i did at the start of the game. I'm 3rd in the league, but yo-yo between 2nd and 5th because it is SO tight.

Highlights include;

Topping my Champions league group unbeaten. I beat AC Milan 1-0 at WHL, Benfica 3-2 at WHL(had already qualified) and getting through most games with a 1-0 in europe.

Beating Man Utd and Liverpool at home, 2-1 and 3-1 respectivley.

I have devoured teams like WBA(5-1) and sunderland(4-0) but scraped a few games 1-0(Blackburn/Newcastle for example).

Lowlights include

Losing prem games to Stoke, Wolves, Bolton and Chelsea.

Getting knocked out of the league cup 4-2 at home to sunderland, even though i didn't want the competition as a distraction.

As for players, it is indeed a selection headache. Bassong comes in for Gallas against for Benfica and get's a 9.0 rating and two goals. VdV is my top scorer with 6 goals, which just goes to show how much i need another striker, although i'm not really interested in buying in January. Although due to desperate need for more determination and aggression in the squad i would consider a bid for Scott Parker this january. Everyone is playing well, even the fringers who come in do themselves justice. I usually play 4-4-1-1, with Defoe or Pav upfront.

Imo the squad does not need many more players, especially top class ones. I need a centre back(looking at Sakho/Cahill/Jagielka/Turner) and an aggressive ball-winner, and obviously a striker(looking at Cardazo/Cavani/Lopez/Carroll/Welliton) but mostly i want to work on the youth prospects, hence bids for Wickham. Kadlec(went to Roma!) etc are in the pipeline.

I'm 2nd season, brought in Cardozo, Agbonlahor and Shawcross. Seems to have done the trick, as Cardozo is a great target man, and so far both Gabby and Defoe are fighting for the poacher spot like there's no tomorrow. Shawcross was brought in to provide cover at the back, though as Gallas is old, King is always injured, and Dawson too, he's been a starter most games.

You gave gallas another contract? I am considering giving him a coaching role end of season, along with woodgate who will not be getting another playing contract.

All very interesting, folks :)

How good is everyone's Harry Kane, just out of interest? On mine his potential is to be a leading Prem striker in the future.

I have Ninis, Bakambu, Ezequiel Munoz, Dodo, Wendel, Alan Patrick, Xherdan Shaqiri and John Fleck on loan on mine, with options to buy. I always find this route to be very useful, as they don't cost much to get for the year and it gives me the freedom to wait until the end of their deals to get them if I want.

Also I used FMRTE to recall Bostock as Hull hadn't played him once by January. Pointless.

Oh I got Lukaku too.

You gave gallas another contract? I am considering giving him a coaching role end of season, along with woodgate who will not be getting another playing contract.

I freed Woody as he will never get in on mine by the time he's fit, plus his wage is massive. Ditto Cudicini. I'm desperately trying to get rid of O'Hara (£20k a week!!!), having sold Gio who himself was on a big wage for his ability. I got £1m upfront for each of Bentley's and Pavlyuchenko's loan deals, which I was quite pleased with.

jmuo_f4b_u6f9a.jpg

wg25_784_u6f9a.jpg

sold keane (getting abit rusty)

bought klaas-jan huntelaar for 28m (US Dollars)

bought Juan Mata (trade in + 30m over 48months)

bought jack rodwell for 5m + 20m over 48months + 40m for 50league goals

betting on winning EPL, and earning loads of cash from Champions League.

Wish me luck guys =)

OT: i got lucky on those friendlies as those team looked down on me and field their 2nd team.

about the friendly loss, well i thought that since there is a long break (14days in between) , i might as well arrange a friendly and earn some cash,

but i forgot the fact the most of my first team players were on international match. field some youth and got owned !

That has got to be edited... No offence but getting REAL as a parent club must be impossible.

Mmm that's why I questioned it. I was also intrigued at the amount spent on those players, as the highest performance target (title challenge) gives Spurs, what, £22m or something (was on mine). But I don't know the Dollar to Sterling rate ha :)

But if it's all cosher, fair enough. Good work.

I've decided to not actually sign anyone at the start of the season but just got to January and might sign a couple of players now.

League Cup: Horrible.. tried a sub team against QPR away and got knocked out 1-0, by far my worst result.

Champions League: Got in a group with Lyon,Schalke and Kobenhavn and topped the group easily, going to play against Milan on the 1st knockout round.

League: I wasn't doing bad.. managed to beat Chelsea and Man Utd at home and drew 0-0 with Arsenal away.. but just did horrible drawing away with Blackpool and then with Wigan at home right at the start of the new year, that leaves me 4 points behind Man Utd(they have less 1 game) so that makes the title almost impossible.. should be enough to secure a CL spot if i don't do anything disasterous.

Tactics: I usually play a simple,rigid 442 with Huddlestone as a defensive CM and either Modric or VDV(got a 3 month injury grr) as an Advanced playmaker.. upfront i have either Crouch or Pavlyuchenko as DLF with Defoe being advanced forward/poacher.. Bale of course on the left wrecking everything and normally Lennon on the other side.

Sometimes away i will play a 451 with Huddlestone as a DM behind Modric and VdV and either Crouch or Pav alone upfront i rarely use this tactic only in games where i'm totally playing against the odds.

I'm enjoying it tbh, i think Spurs have a really good side without making any signings i've been really regular against most PL teams though these 2 last unnecessary draws left me a bit discouraged..

nope, non-edited. i was just fiddling around to look with the board options and i looked for a parent club with real madrid as an option,

i sold robbie keane to celtics,

traded roman palyvochenko + money for mata.

LOL @ those accusing me of editing, why would i even add real madrid as a parent club =.=

and for those who question where i got those money, make your own calculations.

i sold robbie keane for 12.5m, together with title win expectation, i had 40m+

i managed to get my 2 players (together with all the fees) for roughly somewhere below 40m,

while having more than 60m paid in installment.

so please do NOT accuse people of editing.

THINK before you jump into conclusion.

OT: if i wanted to edit, i'd just bring all the players in my club and put all major club as my feeder to leech on their scouting info, who in the right mind would place real madrid as parent club for edit?

Archived