4-2-2-2 With Rotherham 121 Points, 120 goals

After struggling finding consistency throughout a whole season I smashed it with Rotherham.

In Febian Brandy found a great quick goalscorer for that level and along with Le Fondre they really did do well.

4-2-2-2

GK - Goalkeeper - Defend

DR - Full Back - Auto

DL - Full Back - Auto

DLC - Central Defender - Defend

DRC - Central Defender - Defend

MLC - Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend

MRC - Deep Lying Playmaker - Defend

AMR - Defensive Winger - Support

AML - Winger - Support

STCL - Advanced Forward - Attack

STCR - Poacher - Attack

A Few Screens

Untitled-1.gif

New%20Picture.jpg

fix.gif

4-0.gif

http://www.filefront.com/17513339/Rotheram 2.0 (Rotherham, May 2011).tac

Give it a go and let me know how it goes

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers, finally got the team playing the way i want and they continued throughout the season.

now can I continue this into league 1 next year.

if anyone has tested it can you post some results up here, just interested to know how others are finding it.

Thought as i just started a game with Hull City i'd give this tactic a shot, only down side is i have Matt Duke in goal, so i'm bound to concede a few :D

Looking at the results you've had though this looks like a cracking tactic, fingers crossed it works for me.

Hi

As a nufc supporter I have been trying to develop a tactic based around 442 (looks like 424 at times) but have got frustrated with the inconsistency. I even posted a separate thread with my tactic and instructions and so on but got very little response.

So, seen your thread and thought why not?

It is similar to my own, to an extent but seems to be more successful, possibly because of the defensive instructions to the players roles. That said it seems more flowing and my players seem to play better.

I have only played 2 games; away to Liverpool and we won 1-0 (miracle) and Home to Blackpool we won 3-0, despite being down to 10 men.

Very early days but looking good. It will be interesting to see if the AI manages to break the formation. I will stick with it but modify if necessary and report back {admits defeat in trying to create own tactic..:( }

Excellent work and I think saying that it's like winning the Prem with Chelsea is extremely unrealistic, especially for an unorthodox tactic.

To win the league with over 100 points and only 3 defeats and 3 draws is nothing short of magnificent, excellent going.

Just to give a quick insight into this, I play as Port Vale in that league and Rotherham regularly finish top 6 in the league, but nowhere near as impressive as in this post.

Jamesh2k How good is this tactic defensively out of interest as I'm working on my own 4-2-2-2 and am having difficulty getting the defence right so was wondering how is your defence with this tactic???

defence is solid as the centre mids have defending duties, the backline is untouched from the standard setting and it seems to be doing ok.

I love the 4-2-2-2 formation, used it for a while. Albeit slighty different tactics and roles to yourself. Fantastic results wiht Rotherham there kutgw.

cheers been working on an attacking 4-2-2-2 formation, tried with normal centre mids to start with one defending and one supporting but that didn't work so went a touch defensivly.

also on fm11 width seems to be important, as the crosses conversion is quite high.