Tutoring greyed out for everyone who has tutored/asked to tutor

ch

I've finished my first season and have a huge problem with tutoring. It's bad enough that only a few players can be tutored, but I've also discovered that anyone who has tutored once can't tutor again. This also happens to people who I tried to tutor someone, but where the target refused to take tutoring. The option is greyed out even a whole year after the conversation took place, and mousing over gives "this option has been used recently". It's about 6 months since the people who could tutor finished, and about a whole year since the first conversations took place. I don't consider that "recently".

Anyone found a solution to this? Will my players forever be unable to tutor again?

I think maybe SI thought that the way tutoring works in FM10 was being exploited to make youngster with problematic personalities into model professionals too easily, since they could be tutored until the age of 26. Plenty of time to weed out the undesirable traits. Sadly they might have gone a bit overboard ... and as usual without any documentation of how the thing works now. So again we are forced to trial and error until someone figures it out and posts it here.

I think maybe SI thought that the way tutoring works in FM10 was being exploited to make youngster with problematic personalities into model professionals too easily, since they could be tutored until the age of 26. Plenty of time to weed out the undesirable traits. Sadly they might have gone a bit overboard ... and as usual without any documentation of how the thing works now. So again we are forced to trial and error until someone figures it out and posts it here.

There is no might about it, I've got got 10 youngsters on my squad. Each has a vet (28+ y/o) that plays the same position, not had one able to tutor. What's the point of having tutoring if it's so restrictive you have the have an EXACT match of player to even attempt it.

All they had to do is take FM10's system and dial down the level of success, so much more simple. Not to mention it would be nice to know if they can tutor anyone without having to open a chat and seeing it still unavailable and looking for something else to talk about, because I bet players would get annoyed if you open chats all the time and don't do anything.

And even if you find the right tutor for the youngster I found that it doesn't have any effect at all. I asked roberto carlos to tutor a young brazilian -9 leftback but after 5 months nothing has changed in terms of determination and personality traits. I think they really screwed up the tutoring this year

Archived