Great 4-3-3 tactic, lots of goals made, not so many conceded =)

Hey guys! i updated the tactic with a fairly good corner routine and it works alot better now!

This is how i put the team on the field

Team_Layout.jpg

This is part of my winning streak, and as you can see, i score a few, and concede fewer..only game o conceded many goals in was in the cup against juve when i pretty much played a back 4 with reserves

Winning_streak.jpg

And of course, here is the tactic

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fxgy5jcjhx1x96j/Milan%204-3-3%20Goals%20FM2011%20V2.3%20%28Milan%2C%20Apr%202013%29.tac

As for the type of players!

FB - Playing as offensive fullbacks, so crossing should be a good attribute!

BC - playing as standars BCs, but the guy on the left should really be good at jumping and heading, sincve he's the target for my corners!

DMC - Classic DMC, tackling, marking, teamwork and workrate should all be good!

MCR - This is the offensive playmaker, so creativity, longshots, passing, flair and decisions are good

MCL - box to box player, and he does get forward and in to the box quite often so this needs to be a really good player, dribbling, finishing, passing, technique, bravery decisions, workload, strenght and stamina should all be good

AML/AMR - the play as inside forwards both of them, pace, dribbling, decisions, acceleration, flair, off the ball should all be the players strenght!

ST - Now playing only as complete forward, so dribbling, finishing, heading, strenght and a whole lot of other attributes should be good, i have both Zlatan and Dzeko in my team performing great, so think of those 2 players

if you can't get a complete forward, i played the striker as "poacher" when i hade inzaghi in the team, and that also worked very good!

The team plays offensive strategy, short passing (sometines i change to more direct if i get "stuck" in matches), more creativity and high pressing.

Good shouts are

Offensive shouts - play wider, try and overlap, pass onto feet, that usually gets my team going

Hope you'll enjoy!

My favourite tactic so far and i'm playing as West Ham.

Only played the last 8 games of a test season with it and was delighted with performances.

No, i did'nt win every game, although i could have, my 8 results were Won 4 Drew 2 Lost 2 Goals 15 Conceded 8 but i did just throw the tactic in at the deep end.

My 4 wins were all comfortable, including a 3-1 victory away to Villa and a deserved 2-0 home victory against City, i drew at home to Liverpool only because of a Torres wondergoal and my losses were a narrow 2-1 defeat against Chelsea who scored in injury time and that was only after i had a late sending off, the other defeat was at home to Wigan, we somehow lost 2-1 in a game we completely dominated, their goals coming from a controversial penalty and a freak goal, there only two attempts all game compared to our 18 in which we missed countless ccc's and hit the post twice.

I was going to wait and start a new game with Mr Houghs tactic, but that wont be out for a few days, so i'm going to give this a shot and will update my progress here.

How is it nobody is commenting on this tactic, its fantastic?

I have started the season with W 6 D 1 L 2 F

My two defeats came at home to Utd, who we outplayed and away to Spurs, who again we outplayed, i was top of the EPL before the Spurs loss.

I'm going to give it the ultimate test, see how it fairs with my Barnsley team thats currently bottom of the league with 1 point out of 4 games so this is a good test for the tactic. ill give it 10 game and update this post as we play them

the 10 games are as follows:

Middlesboro (A) - Draw 1-1 but outplayed them for large periods and had a goal dissallowed

Scunthorpe (H) - Lost 2-1 and played terribly

Burnley (A) - Lost 3-0 and played poor

Hull (H) - Won 5-0 and looked awesome

Doncaster (A) - Won 3-1 and could have been alot more

Leeds (H) - Won 1-0 and look like we've settled

Millwall (A) - Lost 3-0 played poor

Coventry (H) - Lost 4-3 GK to blame for 2 goals though

Ipswich (A) - Lost 5-1 and GK to blame for 2 more goals

Preston (H) - Won 3-2

I'm going to give it the ultimate test, see how it fairs with my Barnsley team thats currently bottom of the league with 1 point out of 4 games so this is a good test for the tactic. ill give it 10 game and update this post as we play them

the 10 games are as follows:

Middlesboro (A) - Draw 1-1 but outplayed them for large periods and had a goal dissallowed

Scunthorpe (H) - Lost 2-1 and played terribly

Burnley (A) - Lost 3-0 and played poor

Hull (H) -

Doncaster (A) -

Leeds (H) -

Millwall (A) -

Coventry (H) -

Ipswich (A) -

Preston (H) -

Well i've just beat Chelsea 4-0 at Upton Park to leap frog them back into 1st place after 17 games, yet to be outplayed, but away to Arsenal next.

Did you start a new game?

Well i've just beat Chelsea 4-0 at Upton Park to leap frog them back into 1st place after 17 games, yet to be outplayed, but away to Arsenal next.

Did you start a new game?

No i was already 4 games into the season, so i knew theyd need time to adapt to it, we looked good in the hull game so see if we can carry it on

No i was already 4 games into the season, so i knew theyd need time to adapt to it, we looked good in the hull game so see if we can carry it on

I want somebody else to be doing well, otherwise people will think i'm cheating.

Won away to Arsenal 1-0, tight game, but a tad lucky they had a player sent off after 57 mins.

Thats better, i'm flying seriously, i just hope now the AI dont rumble the tactic or that i find it only works for one season, i'll be suicidal.

I just wish I had a midfielder that could shoot, the amount of chances that drops to them just outside the box it could make a huge difference

I just wish I had a midfielder that could shoot, the amount of chances that drops to them just outside the box it could make a huge difference

To be honest, i'm using Noble and Parker and neither are very good at long shots, most of my goals are coming from defence splitting through balls from them.

To be honest, i'm using Noble and Parker and neither are very good at long shots, most of my goals are coming from defence splitting through balls from them.

I'm managing Barnsley though and its a whole different ball game with a team like mine lol

I'm managing Barnsley though and its a whole different ball game with a team like mine lol

I might have to start a brand new game with the Hammers, just to make sure it aint a fluke?

Think i'll stick with this patch as well, the real life Hammers are more or less already relegated after todays result, so we will be absolute pants in the new year patch(D'oh)

I might have to start a brand new game with the Hammers, just to make sure it aint a fluke?

Think i'll stick with this patch as well, the real life Hammers are more or less already relegated after todays result, so we will be absolute pants in the new year patch(D'oh)

Not much changes in the patches tbh, I'm the Barnsley Researcher and we don't make huge drops in attributes til the summer periods, if they go down then expect huge drops but january wont see too many drastic changes

Not much changes in the patches tbh, I'm the Barnsley Researcher and we don't make huge drops in attributes til the summer periods, if they go down then expect huge drops but january wont see too many drastic changes

I've just bloody beat Man Utd 3-2 away from home??? i have definitely broken my copy of FM, whats going on?

Ok after those 10 games i ended up with W4 D1 L5 so ive decided to give it til the new year which is 11 more games:

Nottm Forest (A) - Draw 1-1

Swansea (H) - Lost 1-0

Cardiff (A) - Won 1-0

Derby (H) - Lost 3-0 (Derby were top of the league at the time)

Watford (A) - Won 4-1

Sheff Utd (H) - Won 2-0 (Sheff Utd were 2nd in the league)

Bristol City (H) - Won 2-0

Crystal Palace (A) - Won 1-0

Norwich (H) - Lost 1-0

Portsmouth (A) - Won 2-1 (pompey did finish with 9 men though but after wed got the scoreline)

Leicester (H) - Lost 2-1

I am playing with Liverpool in the 5'th season, it is my 2'nd season in Liverpool. My problem seems to be, hitting the goal, I have a ton of shots but only 2-3-4 on target, and i often win 1-0. How do you play your striker? Torres, played very bad, as complete forward, so i have tried changing to poacher, put he is still bad...

I am playing with Liverpool in the 5'th season, it is my 2'nd season in Liverpool. My problem seems to be, hitting the goal, I have a ton of shots but only 2-3-4 on target, and i often win 1-0. How do you play your striker? Torres, played very bad, as complete forward, so i have tried changing to poacher, put he is still bad...

I dont understand how anyone is struggling???

My game must be bugged, i just cannot do anything wrong, even Donkey Cole is scoring goals, Torres should be having a field day?

Ouch, think the wheels may have finally fallen off in my game(mad really as i still top the Prem after 23 games) somehow lost against City in 1st leg of C Cup SF having tortured them, straight into our first deserved defeat, 2-0 away to Everton.

Hi!

Well in the original tactic i made i set Zlatan to a complete forward and played him like that the first half of the first season, but then as i saw his trainingresults hade made him a good poacher i wanted to try him in that role, to m ake him stay in the box more, and thus beeing more offensive.. so right now i actually play him as a poacher most of the time and then i change it manually. But in big clashes in the CL, i usually play him as a complete forward.

If your having problem with defense, i would make the wingbacks less offensive, and maybe tinker a little bit with the def. midfielder's mentality

Dan99

I would love some help with that, bcuz i really suck at setting set play instructions =) so if you do make som changes i would really love to see what you changed =)

about the liverpool problem..

i would problably play him as a poacher, i sometimes have ibra going a couple of games without good ratings, but he usually gets one in anyway..

for how long did you try the tactic, as with all the tactics it takes a while for the team to get to know the tactic.. as for my team, i had the team concentrating on "team blend" in the "match preparations" for the first 6 months...the after new year i startet to make them concentrate on attacking movements

Niiiiiice! =)

Well, maybe i should have written it in the first post.. since AC Milan is my fav team, i always play with them on FM, and acutally i VERY rarly tried playing other teams, since it brakes my heart do manage another team...

anyway.. since the tactic is pretty offensive, it really should be stated that it problably works best for big teams! but some of you seem to have good runs with it playing with smaller teams, wich makes me really happy!

as i said, this is my first time ever posting one of my tactics, and the only reason i dit it was that my team was absolutley ass-raping all the other teams, even big european teams, so i thought it might be fun to share it with you guys..

as for the advice i give...i want to make it clear that im not a good tactic-builder, this is the only way i played with my team since this 4-3-3 type of formation was introduced in FM... before that i spent many many years on trying to build an 4-1-2-1-2 tactic for my milan team, trying to make them play like real-life milan under ancelotti..

i have no problem admitting that this might be a once in a lifetime fluke when it comes to my tactics being really godd..or ever remotly good, so i really want to know if you make changes, and what they are, so the tactic might be even better =)

by the way... when it comes to pre-match and after-match conferences i do a gentle mourinho style...always standing up for may team, believing we will win and never try and find an escape in "having been on the road" or so on... but i never comment on other teams players before the match, never saying anything about how i will form the team or so... but i always praise a good performance against my milan =)

Yeah its working fine for the small team, it took a few matches to settle into it but now theyre playing it every week its really working, and all ive had to do transfer wise is bring in a quick striker that can dribble - Febian Brandy for free worked a treat

Ouch, think the wheels may have finally fallen off in my game(mad really as i still top the Prem after 23 games) somehow lost against City in 1st leg of C Cup SF having tortured them, straight into our first deserved defeat, 2-0 away to Everton.

Ended up finishing 3rd and winning the FA Cup, thanks to a couple of dodgy results and a few injuries.

Had to spend because of CL qualification, but should'nt have bothered, 2nd season syndrome has kicked in again and we have lost our 1st 3 games and are bottom of the league.

Thats twice in a row i have done really well 1st season, but totally collapsed in the 2nd, sorry but its an absolute farce, looks like my FM playing days are coming to an end.

yeah i know...2nd season symdrome sucks!

they should really be doing something about it, since it quite far from real life... teams usually play pretty much the same tactic year in and year out if they keep their manager..sometimes doing little changes if a new player arrives...

yeah i know...2nd season symdrome sucks!

they should really be doing something about it, since it quite far from real life... teams usually play pretty much the same tactic year in and year out if they keep their manager..sometimes doing little changes if a new player arrives...

I've never really suffered with it before now, in all my years of playing CM, FM and all of the games other iterations, but this is no doubt what has happened, there is simply no way a tactic can go from sublime to sh*t in just two months from the end of one season to the start of another.

I'm scared to start another game because i'm just expecting the same thing to happen again.

too bad =/

Actually, i went back to the game this morning after cooling off, having looked at our difficult start to the season(top 7 clubs in first 7 games no less) and we have since gone on a fantastic unbeaten run, which included all 6 games in our CL group finishing top!

I'll update soon.

Haha, should have kept my mouth shut, just lost 2-1 at home to Man Utd, thanks to a o.g. and a last minute defensive error.

Man, i've to say : you're a genius !!

I'm using your taction and what i immediatly see is that i'm not conceding stupid goals anymore. Using my own tactic or other tactics downloaded from this forum i noticed that my team was not solid in defense. Every match i had at least 5 CCC against me and also the ME show me lot of situation where my defense had lot of space for opponent wingers and AMF. Now i concede really few CCC BUT i still have CCC for my striker. THANK YOU !

Just one note : i saw that you didn't modify istruction for corner and free kick. Is this normal ?

Man, i've to say : you're a genius !!

I'm using your taction and what i immediatly see is that i'm not conceding stupid goals anymore. Using my own tactic or other tactics downloaded from this forum i noticed that my team was not solid in defense. Every match i had at least 5 CCC against me and also the ME show me lot of situation where my defense had lot of space for opponent wingers and AMF. Now i concede really few CCC BUT i still have CCC for my striker. THANK YOU !

Just one note : i saw that you didn't modify istruction for corner and free kick. Is this normal ?

Yeah if you read up he said he doesn't know much about set piece tactics and asked for advice on them

Nice to hear updates from you guys! =) love it!

Argie86 - No i don't use OI's and basiccly for 2 reasons. As i play with Milan, not many teams have the potential to beat me, so i don't think my players should worry about the Oposition, they should worry about us =) And the other reason is basicly that i don't like the idea of forming my team after the oposition, my team should concentrate on playing good football and win, not run around destroying fotball... but of course... sometimes in CL against top teams i might put tackle hard on the other teams midfielders.. but thats very very rare..

Anyone who has come up with a good way of setting corners or freekicks? *=)

Nice!

anything new on corners or set pieces?

i did some changing on my own, and i do happen to score on corners sometimes, but not not very often..maybe every 4-5 game or so

Hi Bobani. I made some changes to the set pieces, and it´s going great for me. If u want i can upload it and post the link here.

Archived