+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [FM11] Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour - This is the Big One!!!

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by deadfncat View Post
    good luck! I see ACL victory on the horizon!
    also, you shoud manage Australia for a few seasons
    Hopefully! I'll be happy to advance past the Group Stages!

And possibly. I'm restricting myself of managing either a CONCACAF national team or a AFC national team or New Zealand. I would like to manage Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    I just got torn apart by Wang Shouting in our Super League debut.
    You should just sign him Jason so Wang Shouting can tear your opponents to shreds.

Part-Timer

Then he'd be a shooting Wang!

<d&r>

Part-Timer

Wangggggggggggggg

Reserves

Henan Jianye FC

2020 Off-season Transfers

Transfers

Lots of movement, partly because I didn't resign a lot of players and had to replace them.

Qiu Shengjiong - Zeng Cheng's agent hated me, so I let him go and sign this guy who's just as good and on cheap wages

Li Gang - new centreback who should be a solid contributor to the club

Tian Guanghui - 3rd goalkeeper, and signing for the future

Zhu Chen - depth signing

He Hao - another centreback. He'll be a starter

Zhu Jiawei - probably overpaid a little but I needed some cover and he was the best option I could find with my scouts

Rong Zhou and Wang Jian are both loans with inexpensive permanent transfer options. They're mainly for cover but if they impress I would want them permanently

Gao Di - new starting striker. He scores more or less once every 3 games so he should get over 10+ goals this season.

----

Asian Champions League

Group A - Al-Lekhwiya (QAT), Al-Shabab (KSA), Bani Yas (UAE), Steel Azin (IRN)
    Group B - Aboumoslem (IRN), Al-Alhi (UAE), Al-Nassr (KSA), Umm-Salai (QAT)
    Group C - Al-Wahda (KSA), Al-Wahda (UAE), Bunyodkor (UZB), Mes Kerman (IRN)
    Group D - Al-Ahli (KSA), Al-Ain (UAE), Esteghlal (IRN), Paxtakor (UZB)
    Group E - Gyeongnam (KOR), Shenhua (CHN), South China (HKG), Urawa Reds (JPN)
    Group F - Grampus (JPN), Henan (CHN), Seongnam (KOR), Sriwijaya FC (IDN)
    Group G - F Marinos (JPN), Newcastle Jets (AUS), Shandong (CHN), Suwon (KOR)
    Group H - Central Coast Mariners (AUS), Chanba (CHN), Frontale (JPN), Pohang (KOR)

Not a bad group. Will be fun to be in the ACL again.

Reserves

Cheers guys for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by DSYoungEsq View Post
    Then he'd be a shooting Wang!

<d&r>
    *groans*

Part-Timer

Newcastle and Central Coast in the ACL booo

Amateur

Best of luck in the ACL - looks like Grampus and Seongnam might both provide some tough opposition, but I have faith you'll get through!

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Zhu Jiawei - probably overpaid a little but I needed some cover and he was the best option I could find with my scouts
    You're going to love his total inability to get a shot on target despite his decent finishing/composure ratings. :grumble:

(granted I'm still back at 2015, so maybe he'll do better for you)

Youth Team

Thanks for the info on my old teams rancer

And best of luck in the ACL!

Youth Team

All financial figures in USD

Hong Kong

Happy Valley

Club Info
    Legends: none
    Icons: Cheung Sai Ho, Kwok Yue Hung, Gerard, Poon Yiu Cheuk, Jia Xiaochen, Lo Kai Wah
    Favoured Personnel: JP Rodrigues
    Season Ticket Holders: 0
    Average Attendance: ~550
    Estimated Value: $1.3 million

HK First Division: only 4 seasons in the top flight. But they surprisingly won the league when they were promoted again in 2018/19. History

Chairman(s): Hui Wai Cheung

Managers: Cheung Ka Kei (03/08/2011-01/05/2012), Ng Chun Wing (07/05/2012-present)

Key Players over decade: Jia Xiaochen

Happy Valley Overall XI
    Thanks for the update rancer .

It's interesting to see that they were relegated 3 times and then on the 4th attempt they managed to win the league! Also interesting to see that they made a few signings that I did.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    You're going to love his total inability to get a shot on target despite his decent finishing/composure ratings. :grumble:

(granted I'm still back at 2015, so maybe he'll do better for you)
    I overpaid for him (actually I overpaid for most of my signings this season...) But he was the best of the bunch that my scouts found. He won't be a starter but can cover a couple positions for this season.

Reserves

Youth Team

I hope you docked Zhang Hongxing two weeks wages!?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    I hope you docked Zhang Hongxing two weeks wages!?
    Nahh he's already hating on himself already, along with a couple other defenders who had bad games. I'm not that mean.

N'Gadi isn't happy at one of my defenders though. Not surprising as he basically did most of the work in getting us back into the game just to lose because of some horrible defending in extra time.

Part-Timer

wow thats a high scoring game. maybe invest in some better defenders/keeper?

Amateur

Wow, what a game! So unlucky to lose out at the end there. You can't say that you didn't give it your all though, by the looks of it.

Reserves

wow thats a high scoring game. maybe invest in some better defenders/keeper?
    The 'keeper has to be Chinese. So my keeper is actually one of the better ones in China...

As for defenders, it's July now so I'm looking for a good foreign one (someone who can play left back and centre back), but right now I have an offer to a fantastic young Argentine AMC but he has offers from the likes of Espanyol, Deportivo and Malaga in Spain, Bremen and Frankfurt in Germany, and Lens and Lille from France. I don't think he'll choose an obscure Chinese club from that lot.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by iseemonsters1 View Post
    Wow, what a game! So unlucky to lose out at the end there. You can't say that you didn't give it your all though, by the looks of it.
    I really didn't have much hope in the beginning. I couldn't beat Grampus in the group stage, so I was just hoping to keep it close. But yeah, we really need a better defensive group of players...or at least more depth. Overall I need more depth to succeed in the ACL. N'Gadi is a key player on the team, and a bargain at US$2.5k

Amateur

I really didn't have much hope in the beginning. I couldn't beat Grampus in the group stage, so I was just hoping to keep it close. But yeah, we really need a better defensive group of players...or at least more depth. Overall I need more depth to succeed in the ACL. N'Gadi is a key player on the team, and a bargain at US$2.5k
    Looks to be a great signing.

I've always found the Japanese teams to be the hardest to beat in the ACL, and the foreign player rules make it hard to put together a really great team outside of the top leagues. There's always next season!

Amateur

Good work, I've enjoyed reading this, hoping to give the Asian league a try sometime in my journeyman save, I've got China and South Korea loaded up, just wondering how their leagues compare to the English leagues? Is the K-League similar standards to the Championship?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by offen94 View Post
    Good work, I've enjoyed reading this, hoping to give the Asian league a try sometime in my journeyman save, I've got China and South Korea loaded up, just wondering how their leagues compare to the English leagues? Is the K-League similar standards to the Championship?
    K-League is somewhere around lower-Championship and League 1 (around the level of play like MLS). China is around League 1/2 quality.

Reserves

Henan Jianye FC

2020 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - fantastic season. It was a little tense getting to the end of the season but we didn't slip up!

Chinese FA Cup - Lost in 1st Round - We shoulda beat Changsha but we didn't.

Asian Champions League - Group Stage Fixtures - Very happy to have qualified from the Group Stage in that group, but it was heartbreak in the 2nd Round.

Transfers - Lots of moves and rebuilt the squad to my liking. Here are the key contributors:

Qiu Shengjiong - the new number #1 this season and did a good job

Li Gang - very good season from Li Gang. He scored 7 goals and I thought he was very impressive and a good signing, but he got booked a little too often for my liking

He Hao - he was another stabilizing presence in the starting lineup. A very solid player

Zhu Jiawei - not amazing, but he did okay

Gao Di - he didn't really disappoint with 11 goals and 7 assists, which are around his averages for his career

Maximiliano Jofre - he rather sign with us than with Spanish, German, and French based clubs! He was impressive in the half season he was here. I'm not sure how long I can keep him at Henan but I'll enjoy his services for now.

Squad - A very solid starting XI, with decent subs and depth. Foreigners Mamadou Sarr and Twite Mili had solid seasons. Chen Zhiyuan had a breakout season and hopefully he can keep improving next season. Jiang Zhipeng's performance was surprising out of everyone on my squad.

Top Goalscorer - Chen Zhiyuan

Top Playmaker - Jiang Zhipeng

Most Consistent Player - Li Gang

Most Valuable Player - Alpha N'Gadi. I know he missed half the regular season, but he was fantastic in the ACL. Li Gang also merits consideration.

Awards
    • me - CSL Manager of the Year
    • Team of the Year - Starters: Chen Zhiyuan, Twite Mili, Substitutes - Li Gang, Jiang Zhipeng, Gao Di

Finances: - Finances - made profit due to ACL

Affiliations: - Affiliations

If I had a wish...much of the same please, and hopefully see how far we can advance in the ACL

Oh, and by winning the CSL, we're going to the All-Star game! To face the CSL All-Stars. Update on that later.

Summary
    Code:
    Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
    2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
    2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
    2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
    2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
    2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
    2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions
    2017        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Jia League            1st                Jia League Champions
    2018        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          8th                                 N/A
    2019        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          2nd                   ACL Qualification
    2020        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                    ACL Qualification

Semi Pro

Gratz!

Flamers

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    Gratz!

Flamers
    Cheers Flamers

If some of you don't notice, I always update post #2 in this thread which has an overview of my career and some stats and other things like transfer dealings and paying agents. Have a look

And I'm also entering the final year of my contract so I will 'Consider my options'. I prefer to move to a bigger club in Asia, basically a big club in South Korea (my preference) or a big club in Japan (not my preference but I need that ACL title if I can't win it in China!)

Semi Pro

I have just seen it and it looks good

Flamers

Reserves

December 20, 2020

Henan Jianye FC vs Chinese Super League All-Stars

Henan 5-0 CSL All-Stars

Couldn't have been a more lopsided loss for the CSL All-Stars. Although having an outfield player in net for the CSL All-Stars certainly helped us. For whatever reason they (the All-Stars) didn't choose a goalkeeper...but we do technically complete the double with this win so hopefully we can play this game next year.

The off-season starts now and the goals are quite simple: just get some depth in the squad and we should have a good 2021 season.

Part-Timer

nice work mate! keep it up

Reserves

nice work mate! keep it up
    Cheers mate!

I realized that one of my young midfielders (Chen Zhiyuan) has the same agent as Zeng Cheng, who if you recall I couldn't resign because he (as in the agent) hated me and wanted absurd demands...won't be good during the next set of negotiations. I don't even know why he hates me.

Part-Timer

He was the fat kid in school you used to tease, then he grew up to become a football agent and looks different and changed his name?

Reserves

He was the fat kid in school you used to tease, then he grew up to become a football agent and looks different and changed his name?
    ...probably that. He sure looks a lot slimmer than he used to!

I think the hate is permanent. Can't we be friends again Mr. Agent?

Reserves

Henan Jianye FC

2021 Season Preview - Chinese Super League

Media Prediction: 2nd
    TV Revenue: $72k
    Estimated Value: $21.5 million (2nd in China)
    Super League Expectations: ACL qualification (top 4)
    Pan Pacific Championship: unimportant
    Transfer Budget: $12 million
    Wage Budget: $6.75 million (currently spending $2,726,209)

Reserves

Pan Pacific Championship 2021

Hosts - United States

(never knew this tournament still existed...)

Semi-Final

February 17, 2021
    Henan vs Suwon (at Reliant Stadium in Houston, home of the NFL's Houston Texans)
    Philadelphia Union vs Grampus (at new Meadowlands Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Hosts the New York Giants/Jets. I think it's the new stadium...unless SI have the old Meadowlands in the DB)

I personally don't care about this tournament, but I like winning, so I will try my best to win this thing. No idea where the Final is. Hopefully on the East Coast. Hopefully anywhere but Lincoln Financial Field and Philadelphia itself.

Part-Timer

Awww lucky. I want to be able to play at Meadowlands
    good luck!

Youth Team

Well done on winning the CSL rancer . And nice work beating the All Stars!

It's interesting to see that your midfielder Chen Zhiyuan was your top scorer. It's always nice to have a 'Lampard' kind of player. I see that Jiang Zhipeng got 16 assists too from the wing. With crosses obviously coming in from the left and with Chen Zhiyuan grabbing 13 goals, does this reflect the kind of style of football you play? Or was it just a case of them being in the 'right place at the right time?'

Amateur

hi daft queston how do yu get screen to look like this

Amateur

Henan Jianye FC

2020 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - fantastic season. It was a little tense getting to the end of the season but we didn't slip up!

Chinese FA Cup - Lost in 1st Round - We shoulda beat Changsha but we didn't.

Asian Champions League - Group Stage Fixtures - Very happy to have qualified from the Group Stage in that group, but it was heartbreak in the 2nd Round.

Transfers - Lots of moves and rebuilt the squad to my liking. Here are the key contributors:

Qiu Shengjiong - the new number #1 this season and did a good job

Li Gang - very good season from Li Gang. He scored 7 goals and I thought he was very impressive and a good signing, but he got booked a little too often for my liking

He Hao - he was another stabilizing presence in the starting lineup. A very solid player

Zhu Jiawei - not amazing, but he did okay

Gao Di - he didn't really disappoint with 11 goals and 7 assists, which are around his averages for his career

Maximiliano Jofre - he rather sign with us than with Spanish, German, and French based clubs! He was impressive in the half season he was here. I'm not sure how long I can keep him at Henan but I'll enjoy his services for now.

Squad - A very solid starting XI, with decent subs and depth. Foreigners Mamadou Sarr and Twite Mili had solid seasons. Chen Zhiyuan had a breakout season and hopefully he can keep improving next season. Jiang Zhipeng's performance was surprising out of everyone on my squad.

Top Goalscorer - Chen Zhiyuan

Most Valuable Player - Alpha N'Gadi. I know he missed half the regular season, but he was fantastic in the ACL. Li Gang also merits consideration.

Awards
    • me - CSL Manager of the Year
    • Team of the Year - Starters: Chen Zhiyuan, Twite Mili, Substitutes - Li Gang, Jiang Zhipeng, Gao Di

Finances: - Finances - made profit due to ACL

If I had a wish...much of the same please, and hopefully see how far we can advance in the ACL

Oh, and by winning the CSL, we're going to the All-Star game! To face the CSL All-Stars. Update on that later.

Summary
    Code:
    Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
    2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
    2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
    2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
    2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
    2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
    2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions
    2017        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Jia League            1st                Jia League Champions
    2018        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          8th                                 N/A
    2019        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          2nd                   ACL Qualification
    2020        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                    ACL Qualification
    how do yu geet it too look like this the sumarry bit

Semi Pro

using [code ] [/ code] brackets (remove spaces)

Flamers

Reserves

Well done on winning the CSL rancer . And nice work beating the All Stars!

It's interesting to see that your midfielder Chen Zhiyuan was your top scorer. It's always nice to have a 'Lampard' kind of player. I see that Jiang Zhipeng got 16 assists too from the wing. With crosses obviously coming in from the left and with Chen Zhiyuan grabbing 13 goals, does this reflect the kind of style of football you play? Or was it just a case of them being in the 'right place at the right time?'
    Yeah, crosses and corners mainly. And the fact that Zhipeng did play every single game, because well I kinda had to since he's my only left winger.

I don't really expect Chen Zhiyuan to replicate this performance, because I now have 3 foreigners who are better than him...until I sell Mili that is, which I have to since he doesn't want to sign a new contract and wants to go to a bigger club.

Amateur

Congratulations on the title win! Nice work! Jofre looks like a great player - shame you're going to have to let him go! Nice to have a player of the caliber for a while though.

How do you rate your chances in the next ACL tournament - now that you're the domestic champions, do you think you can start to make a real dent in the continental competition?

Are you seeing any interesting job openings? I'm secretly hoping for a move to the K-League - I had a great time there back on FM09, so I'm hoping for a vicarious return through this thread.

Reserves

Congratulations on the title win! Nice work! Jofre looks like a great player - shame you're going to have to let him go! Nice to have a player of the caliber for a while though.

How do you rate your chances in the next ACL tournament - now that you're the domestic champions, do you think you can start to make a real dent in the continental competition?

Are you seeing any interesting job openings? I'm secretly hoping for a move to the K-League - I had a great time there back on FM09, so I'm hoping for a vicarious return through this thread.
    Well he contracted till 2024 but I think he's too talented for the CSL and a lot of clubs want him already. I just offered him the contract just for laughs at the time tbh...didn't realize he would take it seriously and sign with us!

I would be happy getting to the 2nd Round again, I personally don't rate our chances very highly since the Japanese clubs are really tough to beat (as I have already known by now...)

No interesting jobs yet. I wasn't even in consideration when the Urawa Reds sacked their manager, but I'll see. My primary focus is to do well with Henan this season and if a team like Suwon, Pohang, Seongnam, Busan, FC Seoul sack their manager I might fancy a move to South Korea.

Reserves

Henan Jianye FC

2021 Off-season Transfers

Transfers

Not a very busy transfer time as last year, but we did strengthen the squad.

Teng Shangkun - nothing more than a backup

Ni Rongbin - young with some potential. As you can see he's had a good start to the season.

Ma Tao - loaned for right back depth

Ma Jun - very young striker with some potential

Evan Barbaro - fills up my Asian quota but I realized he's quite down my depth so hopefully I can find a place for him soon...

----

Pan Pacific Championship

Semi-Final
    Feb. 17, 2021 - Henan (p) 1-1 Suwon (@ Reliant Stadium, Houston, Texas)
    Feb. 17, 2021 - Philadelphia (p) 1-1 Grampus (@ Meadowlands Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey)

3rd Place Playoff
    Feb. 20, 2021 - Suwon 0-2 Grampus (@ University of Phoenix Stadium, Phoenix, Arizona)

Final
    Feb. 20, 2021 - Henan 0-2 Philadelphia (@ Reliant Stadium, Houston, Texas)

Overview: Disappointing to have lost, but mainly this was just a competitive pre-season tour of America to me...

-----

Asian Champions League

Preliminary Round Winners: Binh Duong (Vietnam), Al-Shabab (UAE)

Group Stage
    A - Esteghal (IRN), Al-Aln (UAE), Bunyodkor Toshkent (UZB), Al-Shabab (KSA)
    B - Paxtakor (UZB), Al-Sharjah (UAE), Bargh (IRN), Al-Wahda (KSA)
    C - Al-Hilal (KSA), Al-Gharrafa (QAT), Teraktor-Sazi (IRN), Al-Shabab (UAE)
    D - Al-Wadha (UAE), Persepolis (IRN), Al-Sadd (QAT), Al-Ittihad (KSA)
    E - Suwon (KOR), Hangzhou (CHN), Sriwijaya (IDN), Consadole (JPN)
    F - F Marinos (JPN), Melbourne Victory (AUS), Shandong (CHN), Seongnam (KOR)
    G - Shenhua (CHN), Grampus (JPN), Seoul (KOR), Adelaide Utd (AUS)
    H - Henan (CHN), Incheon (KOR), Frontale (JPN), Binh Duong (VIE)

A good group and we should advance from this one.

Part-Timer

You lost to PHILLY?????? Ugh.

Reserves

I blame the dude who spit on a little girl and that crazy teen who got onto the pitch and got tasered.

If we win the league again, the 2022 Pan Pacific Championship will take place in China.

Reserves

April 6, 2021

I have rejected an offer from a club in the Ukrainian First Division (Persha Liha), Volyn. The league is rated 2 stars, which is the rating of the Chinese Super League, so here are the other possible playable destinations that are 2 stars:

- Russia - Pervyj Division (2nd tier)
    - Turkey - Bank Asya 1.Lig (2nd tier)
    - Argentina - Primera B Nacional (2nd tier)
    - Mexico - Liga de Ascenso (2nd tier)
    - Ireland - Premier Division
    - Holland - Jupiler League
    - Austria - First Division
    - Scotland - First Division
    - Brazil - Serie C
    - England - League One
    - Germany - 3.Liga
    - Japan - J.League 1
    - Switzerland - Challenge League
    - France - National
    - Italy - Serie C1
    - S. Korea - K.League

So lots of possible destinations and will be interesting what other jobs pop up in the future.

Part-Timer

Go to Mexico! That would be awesome. Or Russia

Are you ready to leave Henin?

Reserves

Go to Mexico! That would be awesome. Or Russia

Are you ready to leave Henin?
    It's Henan!

I fancy managing in Mexico, but just not the 2nd tier league. Something like America or Chivas would be cool. Russian First Division I've managed in before but it really depends on the club. My preference is to stay in Asia and go to Japan or South Korea, but really I wouldn't mind going to any club with some potential and good setup and facilities, and preferably little or no debt. I want to see what offers are available in the summer but I'll be happy to sign a new contract at Henan if I don't find what I want.

Part-Timer

Yeh im watching football at the moment so my focus isnt on computer :P
    good luck though
    and go Jets!

Reserves

July 8, 2021

Current Premier League managers

Arsenal - Quique Flores
    Aston Villa - Steven Davis
    Birmingham City - John Terry (!!! \o/)
    Blackburn Rovers - Mikkel Thygesen
    Bolton - Chris Brunt
    Chelsea - Dennis Wise
    Everton - Graeme Jones
    Fulham - Peter Larsson
    Leeds - Du Wei
    Liverpool - Noel Blake
    Manchester City - Keith Millen
    Manchester United - Andres Guardado (on US$85k per annum wages too, compared to ass man Mike Phelan's US$2 million salary )
    Newcastle - Razvan Rat
    Sheffield Wednesday - Steven Gerrard!!!
    Southampton - Maurizio Domizzi
    Stoke - Nikita Rukavtsya
    Tottenham - Michael Owen
    West Ham - Song Chong-Goog
    Wolves - Roberto Mancini

Other England Notables of your favoured clubs

Nottingham Forest - Steve Sidwell (and formerly Ryan Nelson and Gary Cahill)
    Portsmouth - Craig Short
    Norwich City - Shavar Thomas
    Watford - Joe McBride
    St. Albans - Luke Yong

Other World Notables

Bayern - Riccardo Montolivo
    Corinthian - Kleberson
    Internacional - Fillipe
    Lyon - Florent Malouda
    Bordeaux - Paul Stalteri (Canadian manager )
    Valenciennes - Bakary Sagna
    Rangers...HK Rangers - Lucas Neill (former manager)
    PSV - Ruud van Nisterooy
    Benfica - Simao
    Rangers...SPL Rangers - Hosny
    Barca - Yasuhito Endo
    Real Madrid - still Mourinho
    Valencia - Victor Fernandez
    Chivas USA - Brad Guzan
    Chicago Fire - Marvell Wynne
    New England - Sebastien Le Toux

Reserves

July 19, 2021

Job Offer

It seemed like a decent job, going to one of the biggest clubs in Japan, but in the end, I rejected the offer due to the fact I'm having a very good year at Henan and I'm still holding out for a job in South Korea.

Part-Timer

$11mil a year wage budget?
    wait, what currency have you got it set at?
    also why south korea?

They are going to lose to Australia in the Asian Cup Tomorrow

Part-Timer

Hmmm, I think Antlers would have been a good move. Hopefully, it works out for you.

Amateur

I have to admit I am a little surprised you didn't take the Antlers job, as that would seem to be a step up. But, having said that, if you aren't sure you're ready to move from Henan then it's good you didn't, as you wouldn't want to be stuck there (Antlers) not 100% happy with the job...

Now Good Luck in proving us wrong!

Reserves

$11mil a year wage budget?
    wait, what currency have you got it set at?
    also why south korea?

They are going to lose to Australia in the Asian Cup Tomorrow
    US dollars as always. If there's Canadian dollars I would put that but USD is close enough and professional athletes in Canada and US are paid in USD anyways.

I want to manage in South Korea because I want to travel there IRL and...I like their dramas.

Kdrama >>>> Jdrama

In Asian football, I've always supported China/HK, S. Korea, Japan in that order.

Hmmm, I think Antlers would have been a good move. Hopefully, it works out for you.
    I looked at the squad and didn't liked what I saw. And anyways Japanese players don't get citizenship in FM so that's another factor I didn't like (and I guess you could say not having the Info tab played a part too...)

I rather go to the Urawa Reds because they're the best club in Japan and always gave my V-Varen team in FM10 a run for their money. But really it's either Henan or Suwon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chutney132 View Post
    I have to admit I am a little surprised you didn't take the Antlers job, as that would seem to be a step up. But, having said that, if you aren't sure you're ready to move from Henan then it's good you didn't, as you wouldn't want to be stuck there (Antlers) not 100% happy with the job...

Now Good Luck in proving us wrong!
    Yes, the J-League is miles better than the CSL (as in real life, even though in FM they both have the same number of stars). But right now, I'm doing well in the league, and making deep runs in the ACL and Chinese FA Cup. If I can do the triple, I think I can attract a decent job in North America, South America, or Europe (or stay for the FIFA World Cup). I haven't asked for a contract extension yet but I will soon and take myself off the manager market.

Reserves

August 19, 2021

In a short statement by Henan Jianye FC, they have announced manager Ricky Nakano has signed a 2 year contract extension worth $220,000 per annum. His new contract expires Dec. 31, 2023.

Part-Timer

good job!
    cant wait to see see how far you take them

Reserves

good job!
    cant wait to see see how far you take them
    I actually can't wait for the season to end quicker enough with the 'football' we have been playing recently. I usually don't like to say FM is 'cracking' my tactics but really the team is CHOKING real bad right now. We just aren't finishing and no lucky breaks right now. A combination of injuries, goals drying up, and late goals and penalties are costing us points. Not many games left but is time for the other clubs to pass us.

Hopefully we get some momentum before the ACL quarter-final matches...

EDIT: woot I won again. First win in like forever \o/
    Last edited by rancer890; 14-01-2011 at 05:47.

Amateur

I actually can't wait for the season to end quicker enough with the 'football' we have been playing recently. I usually don't like to say FM is 'cracking' my tactics but really the team is CHOKING real bad right now. We just aren't finishing and no lucky breaks right now. A combination of injuries, goals drying up, and late goals and penalties are costing us points. Not many games left but is time for the other clubs to pass us.

Hopefully we get some momentum before the ACL quarter-final matches...

EDIT: woot I won again. First win in like forever \o/
    I think every season you end going through a rough patch when nothing goes right for your team. Weather its results, injuries etc.

Youth Team

Top career thread! Keep up the good 'Asian' work! You'll deserve the big club offer when it comes.

Reserves

Henan Jianye FC

2021 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - A little bit of a scare in midseason really made the standings closer than it was, but we worked hard and managed to secure another league title in the end

Chinese FA Cup - Winners - We finally got past the first round against a tough opponent...and managed to go all the way, winning 1-0 in the final.

Asian Champions League - Group Stage | Fixtures - We did very well in this competition with the progress we made this year. Of course I am a little disappointed we didn't win the whole thing, with a disappointing away loss to Persepolis in the Semis but it's something to build on for next season.

Transfers -

Lots of players in, but I think only these two really can help us short term or long term:

Su Shiliang - I'm very impressed by his performance, and I got him on 2 year loan and another year for him to impress me

Song Boxuan - Getting up there in age, but he can still play in the CSL effectively

Evan Barbaro - didn't play much, but he's apparently leading CSL quality, so once Mili is gone he should be a starter...

Squad - Lots of players, and lots of games, 50 to be exact. Zhang Hongxing was the only one to play all 50 games. My midfield consists of foreigners Twite Mili and Maximiliano Jofre, both who are fantastic talents, although I probably have to sell the former to avoid losing him for nothing. Gao Di and Alpha N'Gadi were the other two players with over 10 goals. Overall the squad is very much balanced we could always use some elite Chinese talent at the club.

Top Goalscorer - Maximiliano Jofre

Most Valuable Player - Maximiliano Jofre. He's a lot better than Mili and I think the best player in the CSL.

Awards
    Finances: - Finances - Lots of profit from competitions like the ACL, and the Pan Pacific Championship.

If I had a wish...win the ACL!

Summary
    Code:
    2020        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
    2021        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification

Part-Timer

Good job on a great season!
    Have you noticed any improvement in the other sides yet or bigger transfers etc?

also, what are your facilities like? $27mil is heaps!

Part-Timer

Ever upwards from the looks of it! I predict you will win everything in sight within two years! Then what will you do?

Amateur

Great job winning the league and congratulations on the impressive ACL run - an ACL championship can't be far around the corner. What's more, it looks like this season has fully justified your decision to stay at the club.

I know I've said it before, but Jofre looks like an excellent player - any chance of finding a couple more Jofres with your $11.8m transfer budget?

Reserves

Good job on a great season!
    Have you noticed any improvement in the other sides yet or bigger transfers etc?

also, what are your facilities like? $27mil is heaps!
    I have the best foreigners in the league, but other teams have slightly better Chinese talent (because we can't develop our own...). However, the clubs have been selling their young talented ones to Europe so I think we can continue to do well in this league.

The facilities are average training and youth facilities (with academy), and basic youth recruitment network. One part I haven't placed much emphasis on is through developing our own youth players into first team players because we had no youth talent so hopefully we can get better ones soon.

Training and youth facilities are currently in the planning stage and should be completed on January 10, 2022.

Ever upwards from the looks of it! I predict you will win everything in sight within two years! Then what will you do?
    I want to either:
    - go back home to TFC
    - maybe have a short stay in South Korea
    - Germany, England, Russia
    - take my talents to South Beach! Sorry I just had to say it

Great job winning the league and congratulations on the impressive ACL run - an ACL championship can't be far around the corner. What's more, it looks like this season has fully justified your decision to stay at the club.

I know I've said it before, but Jofre looks like an excellent player - any chance of finding a couple more Jofres with your $11.8m transfer budget?
    Yeah, Kashima Antlers finished 12th so I reckon I made a good decision, although during our losing streak I wondered whether I would want to stay for so long but we won the double so I'm happy at Henan.

And Jofre was a free transfer signing, and I usually don't try and sign foreigners unless they're elite. I don't mind overpaying for Chinese talent since everyone overpays but I'm more careful with foreigners since I only want the best.

Reserves

December 19, 2021

Henan 7-1 CSL All-Stars

This game was probably the easiest game of the year, although it was technically classified as a non-competitive game and like all the other All-Star games it's an exhibition, but the scoreline says a lot about the quality of the CSL All-Stars...they had a goalkeeper at least this time though.

We have won the treble this year, the league, the cup, and the all-star game.

Reserves

Henan Jianye FC

2022 Season Preview - Chinese Super League

Media Prediction: 2nd
    TV Revenue: $72k
    Estimated Value: $26 million (2nd in China)
    Super League Expectations: ACL qualification (top 4)
    Pan Pacific Championship: unimportant
    Transfer Budget: $16 million
    Wage Budget: $8.75 million (currently spending $2,808,835)

Part-Timer

huge wage budget there :P
    gogogo

Reserves

huge wage budget there :P
    gogogo
    A wage budget that I might not really even use...mainly because I don't really have anyone to buy that are Chinese...

Pretty much going to be the same players, most players I will probably buy are for the future because we don't have any young talent coming through the youth system. Also looking for a young Chinese GK who would be the new #1 eventually since my starter and his backup are in their 30s.

Amateur

That a pretty big transfer budget for the Chinese leagues. I got all of 40k when i got promoted

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Jay007 View Post
    That a pretty big transfer budget for the Chinese leagues. I got all of 40k when i got promoted
    There's lots of money if you manage a big club, and Henan are one of the big clubs in China.

Youth Team

Glad to see a fellow Canadian on the boards! Love this career and story and finally decided to stop lurking and say something about it. Keep it up!

Cheers,
    cerud

Amateur

There's lots of money if you manage a big club, and Henan are one of the big clubs in China.
    They are now rancer890

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Glad to see a fellow Canadian on the boards! Love this career and story and finally decided to stop lurking and say something about it. Keep it up!

Cheers,
    cerud
    Cheers mate. Nice to see some Canadians on the forums and in Careers forum.

They are now rancer890
    True, Henan aren't really that good IRL, but I've done a lot, since Shandong still have a higher rep than us and predicted to finish 1st even with our back to back league titles...

Amateur

On my save in the past 3 seasons Henan have finished 9th, 10th, 9th.

So you have certainly turned their fortunes around

Reserves

Henan Jianye FC

2022 Off-season transfers

Transfers

As previously stated, I'm only looking for the future for now, unless there's someone really good out there

Zhang Xinyu - he's a young centreback with potential to be very good in the CSL and the staff say he can be as good as He Hao

----

Pan-Pacific Championship (Hosts: China)

Yes, this year the Pan-Pacific Championship is in China...but at least we have home field advantage.

Semi-Final

Henan vs LA Galaxy (at Chongqing Olympic Sports Centre, Chongqing)
    Grampus vs Ulsan (at Guangdong Olympic Sports Centre, Guangdong)

----

AFC Champions League

Group A: Al-Arabi (QAT), Al-Hilal (KSA), Al-Wasl (UAE), Esteghal (IRN)
    Group B: Al-Gharrafa (QAT), Al-Nassr (KSA), Bani Yas (UAE), Sepahan (IRN)
    Group C: Al-Ahli (KSA), Al-Ain (UAE), Bunyodkor Toshkent (UZB), Paas Hamedan (IRN)
    Group D: Al-Dhafra (UAE), Al-Ittihad (KSA), Nasaf (UZB), Persepolis (IRN)
    Group E: Chanba (CHN), Grampus (JPN), Persema (IDN), Seoul (KOR)
    Group F: Adelaide Utd (AUS), F Marinos (JPN), Shenhua (CHN), Ulsan (KOR)
    Group G: Henan (CHN), Reysol (JPN), Seongnam (KOR), Sriwijaya FC (IDN)
    Group H: Melbourne Victory (AUS), Shandong (CHN), Suwon (KOR), Urawa Reds (JPN)

Our group isn't that bad. We avoided the Group of Death in Group H. Poor Melbourne is up against powerhouse Shandong who only finished 3rd because of Chanba and us, Suwon, who are usually the best in South Korea (in the game and IRL up there with Pohang), and Urawa Reds, who are just as good as league winners Grampus. Other than Sriwijaya FC we are not facing the league title winners so hopefully it all goes smoothly.

First Team Regular

On my save in the past 3 seasons Henan have finished 9th, 10th, 9th.
    In my save they're regularly just outside the ACL places (4th, 6th, 5th and 5th the past 4 seasons; they're in the ACL this year through winning the FA Cup)

Part-Timer

Best Henan have ever done in my game was 3rd in 2020

Youth Team

Double title rancer .

I'm a little surprised that Persepolis sent you packing in the Semi's of the ACL. Was it unlucky or were they just the better side?

A nice steady group draw this year, hopefully you can go that extra mile this season .

Part-Timer

I think I'm going to move the Welsh FA into the Asian Football Confederation. I wanna play in the ACL.

Youth Team

I think I'm going to move the Welsh FA into the Asian Football Confederation. I wanna play in the ACL.
    Come and join us in Asia DSYoungEsq on your next save .

Amateur

Looks like a decent draw for the group stage. Is this year going to be the year?

Reserves

Double title rancer

I'm a little surprised that Persepolis sent you packing in the Semi's of the ACL. Was it unlucky or were they just the better side?

A nice steady group draw this year, hopefully you can go that extra mile this season.
    We had one bad half all tournament. And that was in the 1st half in the 2nd leg against Persepolis. I went all out, which included switching to a 4-3-3, overload tactics, and basically every match shout telling them to go for broke...

You would certainly stand a better chance of advancing past the group stages.

Or just leave Wales for an AFC team.

Looks like a decent draw for the group stage. Is this year going to be the year?
    I think we're as good as any domestic team in the AFC. Twite Mili is going to leave the club after the season (I'm going to sell him since his contract is expiring and he has no interest in resigning) so I want to win it while he's still here. And I don't want to extend my contract again because I'm itching to play in the Club World Cup and I want to take my talents to a new club soon.

First Team Squad Member

I think this is going to be the year for your team. Good luck dude.

Reserves

June 19, 2022

European Coefficients

Breaking News: England have officially lost a Champions League spot.

Youth Team

I'm surprised the German league is ranked above the EPL, especially with the amount of money in the English game nowadays. Blatter and Platini will be happy with the loss of that Champions League spot!

Reserves

I'm surprised the German league is ranked above the EPL, especially with the amount of money in the English game nowadays. Blatter and Platini will be happy with the loss of that Champions League spot!
    I'm not surprised. All the English teams were having trouble in Europe! Man Utd finished 4th and couldn't even get to Champions League! None of the English teams advanced past the Champions League 1st Knockout Round or Europa League Quarter-Finals! La Liga have also overtaken the Premier League as the best league in the world.

And in my FM10 career game with Stuttgart, Germany would have taken over England in the coefficient rankings if I played one more season and did well.

Reserves

2022 FIFA World Cup - Hosts Australia

Group Stage

Group A - Australia, Colombia, Romania, Algeria
    Group B - Senegal, Greece, France, Japan
    Group C - Germany, Ivory Coast, Portugal, Uzbekistan
    Group D - Italy, USA, Saudi Arabia, Wales
    Group E - England, Chile, Ukraine, Guinea
    Group F - Nigeria, Spain, Belgium, Canada
    Group G - Croatia, Mexico, Argentina, S. Korea
    Group H - Brazil, Netherlands, Iran, Honduras

Second Round

Australia 0-2 Greece
    Senegal 1-0 Colombia
    USA (p) 1-1 Germany
    Italy 2-1 Ivory Coast
    Spain 1-2 England
    Nigeria 3-2 Chile
    Netherlands 0-3 Croatia
    Mexico 0-1 Brazil

Quarter-Final

Greece 0-2 Italy
    Senegal 2 - 0 USA
    England 0-3 Brazil
    Nigeria 1-2 Croatia

Semi-Final

Italy 1-0 Croatia
    Senegal 3-2 Brazil

3rd Place Playoff

Croatia 0-3 Brazil

Final

Italy 0-1 Senegal

---

So, Senegal are the shock winners of the World Cup. The 2030 World Cup will be hosted by Germany.

I have also applied for vacant managerial jobs at Japan, S. Korea, Canada, and the US so hopefully I hear something from them. I've already been snubbed by Canada once before in this save already so we will see.

Youth Team

Pele said an African nation would win the World Cup one day.

Is there any preference of national job...or is that a stupid question?!

Reserves

Pele said an African nation would win the World Cup one day.

Is there any preference of national job...or is that a stupid question?!
    Ivory Coast already won the world cup in 2014 in my game.

I actually prefer Japan or South Korea, partly because I managed Canada in FM10 already and I want to learn Japanese or Korean before I leave Asia. I can always get the Canadian job later.

I thought Henan would just be a springboard job in Asia, but I'm doing well against the Korean and Japanese teams so I'm probably not going to move to a club job there, which means national job is my only hope.

In order of preference it's S. Korea > Canada > Japan > USA.

Reserves

South Korea - Song Chong-Goog
    Japan - Takahiro Masukawa
    Canada - Atiba Hutchinson
    USA - Bradley...Michael Bradley

Slightly disappointed I still can't get a national job, but there's always next time...the four above all got better managerial CV's than me anyways. Winning the ACL is a priority since I'm starting to get itchy feet here...

International Squad

Unusual that England lose a Champions League spot in the game.

Youth Team

So, Senegal are the shock winners of the World Cup.
    That's shocking! I'd love to see the day that Senegal can knock out Brazil! (Hopefully without that to$$er Diouf though!)

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Unusual that England lose a Champions League spot in the game.
    Not really that surprised tbh. The Bundesliga is always strong in my games, and since I don't play in England, they usually overtake the Premier League or Serie A as part of the top 3 leagues in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    That's shocking! I'd love to see the day that Senegal can knock out Brazil! (Hopefully without that to$$er Diouf though!)
    No Diouf to worry about thankfully.

-

In other news, I got passed over by 180-something-th ranked Hong Kong for a newb who only managed at Kitchee before getting sacked.

Amateur

In other news, I got passed over by 180-something-th ranked Hong Kong for a newb who only managed at Kitchee before getting sacked.
    Unlucky!! It may just be me, but I've noticed it's a lot harder to get international jobs in FM11 than it used to be. I'm sure someone will take a chance on you sooner or later though!

Part-Timer

rancer, what was your rep as a player before you started coaching? I've become increasingly of the opinion that the international jobs don't go easily to those who didn't make a name for themselves as a player, unless they have really made a splash as a coach. I got passed over for Wales, Wales U-21 and Wales U-19, despite being far and away the best coach in Wales for some time now. I have Sunday League experience, so I think that's hampering my efforts.

Reserves

Unlucky!! It may just be me, but I've noticed it's a lot harder to get international jobs in FM11 than it used to be. I'm sure someone will take a chance on you sooner or later though!
    I'm debating whether to start with a U21 national team. But yeah I realized it's a lot harder to get a job, whether club or international.

rancer, what was your rep as a player before you started coaching? I've become increasingly of the opinion that the international jobs don't go easily to those who didn't make a name for themselves as a player, unless they have really made a splash as a coach. I got passed over for Wales, Wales U-21 and Wales U-19, despite being far and away the best coach in Wales for some time now. I have Sunday League experience, so I think that's hampering my efforts.
    Sunday league. I'll try applying to Vanuatu when it becomes available. If they don't even hire me then this is definitely a bug!

Youth Team

I was offered the Paraguay job in my game (before I'd won anything with Wanderers). Apart from that, I've only been approached by U21 and U19 teams.

Reserves

Henan Jianye FC

2022 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - We didn't have a horrible league season, but we just didn't get enough wins. Not losing any sleep over this though. At least there's no useless Pan-Pacific Championship to worry about!

Chinese FA Cup - Lost in 2nd Round - not really surprised anymore. I never did well in this cup anyways.

Asian Champions League - Group Stage | Knockout Rounds | Fixtures - I'm still in shock, but we have finally done it! And we beat Shandong on penalties, a team we couldn't beat twice in the regular season. All the goals were from the penalty spot too.

Club World Championship - Quarter-Final | Semi-Final | Final - Fantastic work here. In the Quarter-Final, I met my old club Auckland City, and quickly disposed of them with ease. However, in the Semi-Final, we met the UEFA Champions League winners Sevilla, but for once I listened to my ass man to play a deep line, with a slow tempo. If they can't get the ball, they can't score right?!?! The players executed my tactics to perfection, but next is the final, against the surprising champions of the CAF Champions League, who defeated Cruzeiro in the other semi. It was an even match but we played our brand of football and ultimately came on top! I'll take the CWC and ACL wins over a league and FA Cup title!

Transfers -

5 new signings, 2 for the present, and 3 for the future:

Li Cheng - hefty salary, but at only $80k he's worth the risk. Was doing well before he tore his hammy against Shandong

Su Shiliang - he's probably not worth the $1 million+, but he's versatile and very valuable to the team, with leading CSL potential

Zhang Xinyu - young lad with good potential

Wang Bin - I think he can start playing some games full time next season

Alija Halilovic - not really high on him. Will see how he develops

Squad -

The Starting XI

GK - Qiu Shengjiong
    DR - Mamadou Sarr
    DC - Li Gang
    DC - He Hao
    DL - Zhang Hongxing
    MR - Zhao Xuri
    MC - Twite Mili
    MC - Maximiliano Jofre
    ML - Song Boxuan
    ST - Wang Xiao
    ST - Alpha N'Gadi

Top Goalscorer - Alpha N'Gadi

Top Playmaker - Alpha N'Gadi/Twite Mili

Most Valuable Player - Li Gang, because he was the most consistent (btw, we as a team scored 13 goals off corners in the ACL, while Shandong and Chanba had 10 each)

Awards
    Finances: - Finances - Winning the ACL and Club World Cup really helps with the money.

If I had a wish...I will leave the club for a new one. I think my job at Henan is done. Actually I don't even need to wish that hehe, I can just resign...

Summary
    Code:
    2020        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
    2021        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
    2022        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st            ACL Winners, CWC Winners

Part-Timer

Awesome work mate. Cant wait to see whats next

Reserves

Awesome work mate. Cant wait to see whats next
    Cheers. Won't leave the club just yet though. Need to sign them some replacements because we all know how horrible the AI are at ruining the squads we all worked so hard to build...and then resign and find a new job.

Part-Timer

haha just watch. they will sell 95% of the squad then sit in 4th place for years to come. Its what my last team is doing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast