Sign-Up HQ (Information and Vacancies)

This is the new Sign Up HQ thread, as the old one isnt quite up to date, and canvey!! asked me if i'd create a new thread and I said I would, but ive taken ages over doing it, but its finally here.

Basically this thread will list all the active sign ups, completed sign ups and abandoned sign ups. Its also here for you to advertise your sign up if you have any spaces left, or just to have your sign up on the list, incase I forgot about it.

Some threads already have ratings, but to be honest I dont think many people bother voting really, but just incase you want someone to give your thread a rating, use this:

Are you enjoying my sign-up? Please [noparse]give it a rating[/noparse]!

Each thread will have its own short description, and if you want yours changing, then just ask, or provide your own description.

FM 11 Sign-Ups

In Progress

Title: Chairman Manager 2011

Author: toon_balmy

Description: Forum members create a Chairman to take over a Premier League or Championship side, which will include bidding for players, expanding the stadium and even selling the club if you go bankrupt.

Title: Avoid The Drop 2.0

Author: Charlesbeams

Descriptions: Each created player has to avoid getting relegated throughout his whole career, including management, the "winner" is the last person to remain unrelegated.

Title: Singapore Dream V2

Author: toon_balmy

Description: toon_balmy gets people to create a Singaporean player to be part of the Singapore national side and then try to get them to #1 in the rankings.

Title: CSE Fantasy League

Author: Ishu

Description: A Multi-Billionaire has created a league and Forum members will create a team to play in this Fantasy League, including bidding for players.

Title: GCB's New Sign-Up Thing for FM11

Author: Greasy Chip Butty

Description: Create a Chairman who will be in charge of one of 20 Premier League teams, and do the thing a Chairman (possibly)does.

Title: Soviet Disunion

Author: LLR

Description: This is the story of fourteen young footballers competing in the former Soviet Union states, the story of their careers and history as they move through the world hoping to bring glory to the Disunion that now exists in their homelands.

Title: Top 34

Author: Cuddlefish

Description: 34 young players get assigned to a club and try to become the "Top 34 Player of the Year"

Title: Out of the Ashes

Author: Degz

Description: Southampton legend Matt Le Tissier forms FC United of Southampton after Southampton go Bankrupt. He employs Alan Pardew as manager and with his young players, they'll try and get back to the top.

Title: Can You Become THE Most Expensive Player?

Author: glennuk

Description: Simple enough, 13 players try to become the most expensive player over their playing career.

Title: Back To The Future - Sponsored by Tata

Author: noikeee

Description: This is a sign-up where a consortium made of India's most famous company Tata, and the Indian Board of Tourism, plan to take over the footballing world by sponsoring various historically notable clubs all over Europe, and take them back to the glorious peaks of their past.

Title: Its all about the money and you are the Agent

Author: prince_capri

Description: You are a football agent trying to compete with 9 other agents in the world. So that you don't lose your license, you should not be amongst the bottom 3 in the final standings.

Title: Save The Wales

Author: Cuddlefish

Description: The year is 2010, Welsh football has come to a standstill and soon will become no more. OK let's be serious here, it never really got off the ground in the first place! But never mind about that, where was I... Ahh yes. YOU, yes you. WE NEED YOU! Help us make a fully Welsh club that will make football fans quiver in there boots and cry into there beers. Let us make a football team to not only rule Wales but Europe, The World and someday the Solar System!

Title: Becoming the World's Best

Author: Dune297

Description: Create a player and try to become the best in the world? Try to rack up as many trophies as possible in your career, become the next Messi.

Title: DB's Academy Scheme 2011

Author: jamie.

Description: David Beckham has decided to find & train 10 already talented, 14 year old footballers from around the world in order and then get them contracts in 10 league two sides in hope they succeed to the level that he once played at.

Title: Football Manager - The Board Game

Author: Dave.

Description: Combining elements of Risk, Monopoly and Football Manager, where players aim to gain control of as many teams as possible - knocking out their rivals as they go

Title: Virgin FC

Author: AidenofLFC

Description: Rich man Richard Branson decides to create Virgin FC and will try to take them to the top and Dominate the footballing world.

Title: Moldovan Monopoly

Author: BaritoneTrouble

Description: The central conundrum of the challenge is to see whether sign-up players will aim for personal glory ahead of benefitting the progress of Moldovan football as a whole, though this aspect is likely to apply more in later seasons when, for example, five players are in the running for the national side's two striker positions.

Title: FA Academy

Author: Lenzar

Description: Can a team win anything using only English players?

Title: County League

Author: Lenzar

Description: 39 counties (and a country), two divisions, two cups and new rivalries!

Title: I Can Score More Goals Than You

Author: Charlesbeams

Description: Simple, score more goals than the other created strikers.

Vacancies

Title: Life's A Dream but also a Reality

Author: Nottingham Forest

Description: Make as many appearances as you can, aim for the top, try to become the most successful player.

Vacancies: Many

FM09&10 Active Sign Ups

Sign-ups in Progress

(FM09)Title: 60 to One

Author: canvey!!

Rating: 5 stars

Description: 60 managers were transported to England, Italy or Spain where they embarked upon a managerial adventure. The aim is simple: be the last one remaining in your job to win!

(FM09) Title: The Afrovision Managerial Contest

Author: canvey!!

Description: Following the success of the Eurovision Striking Contests, the All-American Managerial Contest, and of course the Eurovision Song Contest, canvey!! has welcomed 53 forumites to their new posts as managers of the national football teams of Africa. He provides bi-monthly reports for a season, at the end of which the forumers vote for their favourite opponent until someone is crowned the Afrovision champion.

Recently Finished Sign Ups

Completed

Title: The FIFA 2010 CSE World Cup

Author: Greasy Chip Butty/Whoopy D

Description: 32 forumers take over the teams at the 2010 World Cup, submitting their own tactics and hoping to make it to the Jules Rimet trophy. Some will get eliminated after just three matches, but others will get the World Cup Final. Can anyone spring any surprises?

Abandoned

Title: Top2Bottom FM10

Author: Greasy Chip Butty

Description: Greasy Chip Butty is updating his FM2009 sign-up to FM2010. It involves about 35 forumer-created teams put into a unique league structure. Using the medium of Sports TV, GCB follows the clubs' adventures in action-packed and graphic-filled updates.

Title: The Elimination Challenge (presuming this is over)

Author: Dees-Blake

Description: 31 forumites enter the big wide world of football, and aim to stay in it for as long as possible. Dees-Blake eliminates one player every six months, so they need to get playing games and get scoring goals if they don't want the axe!

Title: The 7 Brazilians

Author: DennisIran

Description: Create a young Brazilian player and see who can become the best of the 7.

Title: FM2011 Legends

Author: RichG

Description: Pretty simple, 7 created players try to become the best and then to brag about it ;)

Title: Gladiators

Author: Adam C

Description: Based around the TV Show Gladiators, players will have to get a higher rating than everyone else in Rounds, and the lowest 3 have to do a Survival Test, basically get as high a rating as you can.

Title: Captain Your Country - South Africa 2010

Author: Ridleys

Description: The forumite players are the captains of 32 teams at the FIFA World Cup in South Africa. Ridleys reports on how well they do, and if they can lead their nation to glory.

Title: The Champion of Champions (League)

Author: Whoopy D

Description: Each of the 32 players is placed at a team participating in the Champions League, then Whoopy will play through a season and until its won, but then the game is restarted and each players moves to a different team, and the season is played over and over again.

What tips are there for running a sign-up?

Running a sign-up isn’t always easy. You need to dedicate a good amount of time to it to make it successful. Maybe once or twice you can get away with letting a sign-up fade into obscurity, but generally those who sign up are disappointed by prematurely-ending sign-ups, and if you do this too often be cautious of being reviled by people. Here are my tips for running a sign-up.

1. 1. Think first how long it may take to run a sign-up. With this in mind, plan the number of people who can sign-up. If you will be providing screenshots of each forumite, you might want to minimise the number of members. Consider future events that might get in the way, such as examinations, coursework and holidays.
  2. 2. With this in mind, set a public schedule and stick to it. Not only does this stop people pestering you asking when the next update will arrive, it will help motivate you and result in you planning your time better.
  3. 3. Try and make it original. If you have an idea come to you at 10:00pm, perhaps sleep on it to develop it. You may want to use the ideas thread to gauge popularity and originality.
  4. 4. Be nice and*explicit. When posting a sign-up form, make sure everyone knows what is required to fill it in. It also helps to write some introductory paragraphs, and it helps me when writing the guide! Also, if you want users to email or PM you, make sure they know how.
  5. 5. Play a test game. This is really useful in finding out any errors that could arise.
  6. 6. Be prepared to be a little bit harsh. If you have set a sign-up limit and it is important to you that that limit is not breached, yet you have an extra person, do not be afraid to say no to their entry. If you have a user that is not posting, if it complements the updates, it may be a smart idea to drop their character from updates, perhaps reminding the user first.
  7. 7. If you intend to abandon the sign-up, let your users know why. It helps to get some closure, and who knows, you may even get some sympathy.

----------------------------------------------------------------

What tips are there for taking part in a sign-up?

While it seems silly to suggest tips for taking part in a sign-up, it is not uncommon for people to disregard basic etiquette when taking part in sign-ups. These are as important as tips for the running of sign-ups.

1. 1. Post regularly to show your enthusiasm (but don’t spam). Also, if you will be away, inform the sign-up runner so that (s)he can plan accordingly.
  2. 2. Just because this is the internet doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be appreciative and courteous. If a sign-up is particularly bad, offer constructive criticism or don’t criticise at all. However, it is very easy to see past the façade of some “constructive” criticism, so even if it looks constructive, consider how it is delivered before posting. Also, when making requests, don’t be rude. While please isn’t always necessary, thank yous are generally warranted.
  3. 3. Provide all the information the sign-up runner wants in the sign-up form. If you don’t, (s)he may not be able to start the sign-up as planned, and could drop you from it. If you do get dropped from a sign-up, respect the sign-up runner’s decision as that decision is final.

- canvey!!

• 3 weeks later...

Is this the right place to advertise a vacancy?

I have a chairman place up for grabs in my 'Premier Sign Up' - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/242975-GCB-s-Premier-Sign-Up-Sponsored-By-SPORTS.tv!

It would be as the chairman of Fulham. They have had some decisions made for them but there is a transfer window for tweaking the squad. Come have a look and PM/post in thread if interested.

EDIT: Says it is for advertising in Charlesbeam's OP. Good thread Charles!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After a successful first wars is almost complete I am happy to announce that there will be more places opening up in the Robot wars sign up found here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/244904-Robot-Wars-sign-up, I would like to invite anybody interested in signing up for this thread to please read through to find out what the sign up is about. I have decided to make a slight difference to the way the sign up is accepting new entries in that now instead of taking on an existing game player you can now join the same way the original people have by filling in the form on the opening post, although do not choose which events to enter yet as the cost and events being run for the second wars will change. If you have any questions please ask inside the thread thankyou

New entries must have signed up by the 15th of Jan at the latest

• 1 month later...

I plucked this from GD, but have no idea where to post it (since CSE doesn't have a Community Discussion thread for random stuff like these). I hope here is OK.

Anyway!

Ever wanted to enter a sign-up but couldn't decide what name to choose?

Fret no more, because there's Fake Name Generator!

It even provides info such as DOB, weight and height, and other useless stuff.

(I understand it also provides some rather sensitive random stuff, so PLEASE do not use this for fraud or criminal purposes)

Thank you. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have added most of the recent sign ups, waiting on a few descriptions for some as i was a tad confused trying to figure out what was going on.

Would like people to post in here if their sign up finishes, and maybe if a sign up hasnt had a new post for a few months it should be classed as abandoned?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OFL - Oceania Football League (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/269807-OFL-(Oceania-Football-League)-Sign-Up)

I did a sign-up 2 years or so ago which this is to be based on, and it received a decent amount of praise. See here for that version.

There are spaces for 36 teams in the sign-up, 14 of which have been filled. That means there are still 22 places available, so get in and join the fun now, before it's too late!

• 2 weeks later...

Chairman Manager

Team's Available

Arsenal · Aston Villa/RichG · Birmingham City · Blackburn Rovers · Blackpool · Bolton Wanderers/Adam C · Chelsea/Dami · Everton · Fulham · Liverpool/aidan · Manchester City/kev · Manchester United/Rhys · Newcastle United/toon balmy · Stoke City· Sunderland· Tottenham Hotspur/Glenuk· West Bromwich Albion · West Ham United · Wigan Athletic · Wolverhampton Wanderers/BT

Basically you control all aspect of the club apart from selection matchday squad's

Barnsley · Bristol City, Bristol rovers/nick · Burnley · Cardiff City · Coventry City · Crystal Palace/David C · Derby County · Doncaster Rovers · Hull City · Ipswich Town/flamers · Leeds United· Leicester City/lcfc · Middlesbrough · Millwall · Norwich/cuddle City/cuddle · Nottingham Forest · southampton · Preston North End · Queens Park Rangers · Reading/Cold · · Sheffield wed · Swansea City/Letiss · Swindon , brighton , Peterborough

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/265326-Chairman-manager-2011-V2/page4

• 3 weeks later...

I really think it's unlikely that i'll be able to get this back on track, when i started it i was quite active on the forums, but after the month or so shut down i've become a lot less active.

So, i think someone else should be taking over, dafuge or canvey!! should pick someone who seems responsible enough and is pretty active.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

YO guys I've just started a new AUCTION GAME get joining now its a special one set in the Premier League from 2007!! remember it?? when david trezeguet was good Lio Messi just coming to his best! Ronaldo at his best for MUFC! Bale only 17!

Gonna be quality guys!

still need 17 peeps to fill it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Lucas unpinned this topic

Archived