Ultimate FM Walkthrough Guide – RRP £6.95

Very surprised that they’re punting this sort of thing again.

£6.95 for some hints and tips that I could pick up here for nothing? Get bent.

Football Manager 2011 has been out for just about a week now, how are you coming to grips with the new game?

Well, with a new iteration of FM comes a brand new community-driven strategy eBook.

The Ultimate FM Walkthrough Guide tackles all the latest features added to this year's version of the game as well as shores up the old modules more precisely and accurately, updated for the 2011 gaming season. But this guide does indeed take the cake - it's quite possibly the biggest and most comprehensive strategy manual ever created for the Football Manager series.

A veritable step-by-step strategy for success from past FM beta testers in all facets of the game including tactics, training, scouting, team talks, squad management and much, much more. 108 massive pages of quality tips, secret hints and experienced in-depth insight on Football Manager 2011. No padding. No filler.

At FM-Britain last year, Tactical Theorems '10 and Communication & Psychological Warfare '10 definitely provided you with an excellent under-the-hood look at the tactical modules and team talk options, but what it had in depth, it lacked in information in other key areas of the game - like scouting, training, player preferred moves, statistical analysis, etc.

This new eBook, produced by Wonderkid of FM Fanboys & Los Wonderkids fame, makes up for those holes and then some. Actually, some of the tactical philosophies inside his guide could be considered an opposing viewpoint to our own - but they're still rooted in fundamentals we do agree upon. He also has written it purposely in a way which is easy-to-digest and relatable to everyone, from complete newbies to experienced vets. (At FM-Britain, we're aware we can sometimes be quite verbose in our explanations!)

As Wonderkid puts it himself - “FM2011 is a game reaching to be as accurate a simulation as possible; it’s not an arcade game anymore. You can no longer be successful under the old ‘click, click, click and play a match’ mentality; so, if you want to be good at this game and get the benefits from understanding it, you need to grasp the real concept of football management – and this is what the eBook aims to provide. Ultimately, I just hope people enjoy reading it and learn how to enjoy their games like I do.”

Here at FM-Britain, we're looking to support him and this eBook as much as possible. In fact, we've even secured a deal to get you and all of our loyal FM-B readers a special 50% discount off the £6.95 price of the guide.

If people pay, why wouldn't they do so.

The rights and wrongs of their wrangle with SI are not for me to go into. I'd never pay that for guides on this (or any) game but people obviously do.

Tbh though, if they are hooking up with Los wonderkids then they are scraping the barrel and these things won't last long.

If people pay, why wouldn't they do so.

The rights and wrongs of their wrangle with SI are not for me to go into. I'd never pay that for guides on this (or any) game but people obviously do.

Tbh though, if they are hooking up with Los wonderkids then they are scraping the barrel and these things won't last long.

People will pay and that’s quite sad really that they get mugged into parting with their hard-earned by this sort of wanton capitalism.

Presumably the people that do buy it are unaware of this forum and of the true community-based and philanthropic nature of it.

I'm not very interested in the legal side but morally I find it sad.

People will pay and that’s quite sad really that they get mugged into parting with their hard-earned by this sort of wanton capitalism.

Presumably the people that do buy it are unaware of this forum and of the true community-based and philanthropic nature of it.

I'm not very interested in the legal side but morally I find it sad.

Agreed, they can justify it how you like but to me its just not right, but as I say, people will pay so they can get away with it.

Archived