Starting the game by playing about 10 full 90 minute games?

I can't see how people are onto their second or third seasons. How can you seriously rate your squad and best options from all aspects without watching at least 10 full games?

I'm a 1-2 hour a day player - at best and i don't get really started until IRL Xmas time. :o

How do you so it guys?

First I sort out whos in my plans and who isnt, then I sort out training, then look for players to replace the dead wood, then I sort out tactics and then I begin the pre-season, usually watch 50% of the pre season games, when the season starts I watch "Key" and have it just over halfway for speed, Im in my third season and I'v been playing for 1 day 12 hours (But alot of the time I'v left my game on and gone out ect)

I can't see how people are onto their second or third seasons. How can you seriously rate your squad and best options from all aspects without watching at least 10 full games?

I'm a 1-2 hour a day player - at best and i don't get really started until IRL Xmas time. :o

How do you so it guys?

Full games, as in 90 minutes "real time"?

i take control of my favourite team and know how i want to play so that takes a few hours off for me straight away as i already know what players are good and what players are pure gash, get them on the transfer list, spend an hour doing my training, sort my tactics and then sort my backroom staff out, then get some scouting going on and then ill look to buy or loan 2 or 3 players (not overly hard getting my beloved posh out of league 1 lol) and then ill fine tune my tactics over the pre season by playing the games about half pace and key highlights, from then on in its all about the little things ill notice and about facts figures and stats

you can't bash the guy if he wants to play it the way he plays it. Each to their own. Admittedly I've never sat and watched an entire game in realtime, Key highlights most of the time, extended highlights sometimes if I have time on my hands :p but it still usually takes a week to 2 weeks for me to play 1 season.

I usualy start out by bringing in my staff as they add to the players that can be viewed in your database through thier knowledge of other countrys, then i will move everyone to the first team and see what kind of players i have to work with and transfer the ones who are not in my plans. After that i search for players in the needed positions and get my scouts to file reports on them, I rarely worry about training or tactics until after a month or so as it is still pre season. One of the biggest challenges for me is not bringing in more than 5 guys in the transfer window, any more than that and i find it unsettles your team and you start out very poorly. Its usualy extended highlights for me when ime trying to iron out a tactic but i speed the game up a bit as watching players line up for a corner 10-15 times a game gets old quickly at normal speed.

you are wrong with that. he "blames" others for not watching full games, so we can "blame" him for doing so. at the end of the day the normal thing is NOT to, so we are ok!

I don't think he's 'blaming' anyone, he just wants to know how its done.

I'm guessing the OP is super anal and goes through team, staff and everything else with a fine tooth comb. Which is fair enough, it often takes me (and plenty of others) 2 or 3 hours(real time) to hit continue for the 1st time, obviously it speeds up from there.

Even if he's watching 'full' games, they don't last 90 minutes so I don't know where that ideas come from.

Anyway the beauty of FM is that its 'my' game or 'your' game or 'his/her' game and each person should play it how they feel. Its not right to judge people on their play style, man there are even people playing in real time, thats right every day they play that day!!!

Surely the beauty of FM is that we can all play it how we want? Getting as much or as little help from the AssMan as we see fit, playing it LLM style where we can't use "real world" knowledge, or playing 30 seasons in holiday mode before starting a game in 2040.

Me, I take a fairly detailed look at some aspects like tactics, but I don't really touch the training side.

No-one's way of playing is right or wrong, and I think that's one of the greatest strengths of the game.

LOL the above post cracked me up, every day they play THAT day! imagine that, 5/6 clicks a day and only getting one season done a year lol, idiots!!

I (think) am the same as most people, get that baby loaded up, pick my team and for approx. 2 hours I sort out deadwood, who i want to loan out, the tactic I think I want to use, training, backroom staff and players I think i need to improve my squad.

Then it's full steam ahead! Once my team is familiar with the tactic, I tend to put games against poorer teams on commentary only, big games i watch extended highlights to see what I can change if they're on top.

Just can't wait to get home from work and smash a few hours in lol, I'm lovinggg this years version! :D

LOL the above post cracked me up, every day they play THAT day! imagine that, 5/6 clicks a day and only getting one season done a year lol, idiots!!

I (think) am the same as most people, get that baby loaded up, pick my team and for approx. 2 hours I sort out deadwood, who i want to loan out, the tactic I think I want to use, training, backroom staff and players I think i need to improve my squad.

Then it's full steam ahead! Once my team is familiar with the tactic, I tend to put games against poorer teams on commentary only, big games i watch extended highlights to see what I can change if they're on top.

Just can't wait to get home from work and smash a few hours in lol, I'm lovinggg this years version! :D

they aren't idiots. Its how they've chosen to play, a lot of them blog about it and obviously flesh out whats going on.

With a game like this you really shouldn't be denegrating anyone's choice in how they play.

i've always played it watching the full game which by the way is about 40 minutes per game, i end up playing around 2/3 matches a day if I'm not busy. i think on fm10 i got up to 2013. After doing this i find it very hard and unfulfilling playing on extended or key.

Jake you call people idiots and then you place games on commentary only because you deem the opposition poor. There might be FM gamers who think that's a waste. Like you're rushing through the game.

It's been stated in this thread - you can play FM at any pace you wish to. Nobody plays it the right way nobody plays it the wrong way. That's the beauty of it. Because if you rush through you can still get the same satisfaction as playing it slow. Who cares if the next person disagrees?

I don't have the time to play it 4-5 hours per night as I did say 2 years back. Mainly because I live with my partner and have a 6 month daughter. And I've had the game since release day and I'm still 3/4 games into pre-season. I take an age to hit the continue button for the first time. I get everything sorted in terms of staff, players in/out, scouts, training, tactics, team settings etc etc and continue to organise and plan. I play every game on extended highlights because for me, the essence of the game is in the match.

Back in the day (when it was commentary only) those little text pauses before you found out if your striker hit the woodwork or scored were immense. These days, to see it all in 3D is fantastic and much like watching football, it far outweighs everything that comes before the kick-off.

Cup finals etc, I tend to play full game because its extra special.

That's just me.

Don't playa hate.

I got some great input from the replies to this thread I started. Thanks to those who wanted to help.

A couple of points:

1. When I said full 90 minute games I was referring to the FM full detail option - I think most of you realised that except for the bashers who like getting attention.

2. I was referring to the start of the first season that takes so much time.

3. I generally play three seasons with each version playing Spurs and I rarely don't win the Premier League by the third season also doing very well in Europe. After this I find the game becomes less attractive as I have reached my goals which is a convenient time for the new version to come out - which is exactly what happens.

4. Finally, I play the game the way I enjoy it and make a point of not allowing the game to take over my responsibilities in real life.

PS PING: Vangelis21 - If you feel blamed by me you have the problem, not me.

PING: Edgar555 - your Spurs thread is excellent - I used the info and it helped me immensley.

I got some great input from the replies to this thread I started. Thanks to those who wanted to help.

A couple of points:

1. When I said full 90 minute games I was referring to the FM full detail option - I think most of you realised that except for the bashers who like getting attention.

2. I was referring to the start of the first season that takes so much time.

3. I generally play three seasons with each version playing Spurs and I rarely don't win the Premier League by the third season also doing very well in Europe. After this I find the game becomes less attractive as I have reached my goals which is a convenient time for the new version to come out - which is exactly what happens.

4. Finally, I play the game the way I enjoy it and make a point of not allowing the game to take over my responsibilities in real life.

PS PING: Vangelis21 - If you feel blamed by me you have the problem, not me.

PING: Edgar555 - your Spurs thread is excellent - I used the info and it helped me immensley.

Glad it helped :thup:

Archived